ExakTime Reviews

ExakTime

Web-based time and attendance tracking for mobile workforces

ExakTime

Review Summary

Pros

So far customer service has been very good, both times I called I spoke with Jeremy Bautista. He was very knowledgable and quick to help, this was very encouraging.

Toby-Lynne R.

I love everything about this product, from the ease of use to the support I get if I ever need it. Customer Service is right on any issues I do have and they get them resolved quickly.

Stephanie B.

Exaktime is convenient and easy to use for myself and the employee's that have the app on their phone. We as a company have been very happy with this product.

Twyla F.

Jessica C.

Cuts down payroll processing significantly and allows me to identify errors and missing information much quicker.

Rhonda W.

The final straw for us was that it took us a 5 weeks to figure all this out, missing the money back window by a week. Even after explaining our position, we were still denied even a partial refund.

John A.

Easy to use. Basic functions but work well for what my company needs for time tracking purposes.

Pros

Works well with many different jobs, job locations, and different cost codes. This software works well on both the admin side and the employee side. It is simple enough for employees to use on their own without much explanation.

Cons

The field reports section could use some work. I love the ability to write field notes, but sometimes there are errors or delayed notes. Also, if the employee doesn't "log in" to a field note correctly you cannot go back and find it once deleted from notes overall section. However, this is not a deal breaker for the product.

Hi Ashley, It is good to hear that the straightforward approach of our mobile app has made it easy for your employees to use. Thank you for your review, we love to get feedback from our customers!

We're loving it!

This move to the web has made things a lot better, and the support has been fantastic!! The live chat and response time/efficiency of the support team has made things far easier for our entire team!!

Pros

tracks time well bread crumbs

Cons

would like geotraker to continue to run as long as ppl are punched in even if they close the app would like a few more customization options, but pretty good overall

A time-keeping company that cannot keep time

Pros

It was easy to use. My employees liked it. Nobody likes keeping track of hours

Cons

I used this application for several years. GET THIS. IT PRODUCES DUPLICATE TIME ENTRIES ON A REGULAR BASIS!! This has created several very tense and embarrassing situations with my hourly customers. They said the error was on our end. We must have double synced the records to Quickbooks. To that I say why would you create code that allows that action to take place? What possible benefit is that?And...

Hello Peter, We apologize for any frustrations experienced after discontinuation of services. We focus on resolving all concerns with our active customers to their satisfaction and are confident these issues are not occurring across our customer base.

Good Software that needs improvements

We use this software for my husbands small business. Overall, it's good value for the price, but definitely needs improvements. It has all needed for us functions: creating locations, clocking in and out, GPS.

Pros

It has all functions needed for our business: creating locations, clocking in and out, GPS. recent conversion to a cloud was a good change since it can be accessed from anywhere.

Cons

It's not very intuitive in use, doesn't always identifies locations correctly. It took us a while to figure out how to download timesheets in Excel format, and when I tried emailing the customer support, I got no response.

Hello, We'd like to thank you for your honest feedback. It is always nice to see that the switch to a cloud based system makes things easier for companies to use. In the future if you have any questions or need assistance with anything, give us a call at 888-788-8463 so that one of our reps can assist you. Thank you again!

Clocking out

Pros

It super handy having it on my phone for clocking in and out from job site to job site.

Cons

As of late it seems to be clocking me out automatically. Always at noon. Why?? [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Hello Kenneth, Thank you for your honest feedback, it is appreciated. We are happy to hear that the mobile app is making the clocking in and out process much easier for you. In regards to the clocking out automatically you mentioned. We will have a tech look into this for you and reach out to assist.

We use ExakTime for our time sheets

Once payroll has a handle on the software and has faith in the software. It does make payroll faster to process.

Pros

It integrates with QuickBooks. The reports that we use are vital to billing our clients since they are billed on a time and material basis. The ability to go back and look at individuals time sheets makes it easy to research any ones time worked.

Cons

There is a learning curve. It is not an easy process for individuals that are not computer literate. They do have good support staff.

Life changer!

We used to get hundreds of time cards a week and now I audit and track my guys through this software, I can not recommend it enough!

Pros

The instant access to the guys time and location. and the maps on the sitehub are a life saver! no more printing 50 maps every morning!

Cons

Report sorting. there are only predefined sorting options I would like to be able to sort by any field I want. I get around it by downloading them into excel however it would be nice not to have to do that.

Excellent time keeping tool.

Payroll is simplified.

Pros

Very easy set up, features are very convenient and precise. Employees enjoy the convenience and payroll becomes a breeze.

Cons

Not many bad things about this product, perhaps GPS accuracy can be tweak a bit but I thin k that may have deal with devices being used on as well.

Hey Jorge! Thanks for the review. We love to hear that our services make payroll a much easier process for people. Glad to hear its become a breeze!

Overall, very happy

Each employee is in full control of their own hours- no more blaming managements, or their foreman.

Pros

All of the features in the program itself are great. We like the geo-fence a lot for tracking where guys punch, and the selfie is great for accountability.

Cons

The software patches are glitch-y at times- as is the case with most patches. We have had issues almost every other month with some portion of the patch

So far, the software has been very effective with very few, if any, issues.

Pros

Time is seamlessly imported into our payroll/accounting software which makes payroll a click of a button.

Cons

Some of the time editing can be tedious. For example, if an entire crew has a time issue, you have to fix each individual separately.

Hello Steve, We are glad to hear that you are enjoying the ease and simplicity of our software and how much easier it has made your payroll process. Thanks for the review!

From the moment we started using this software, we were saving money.

Saves time and money from start to finish.

Pros

The GPS locator showed when an employee was not at the location. When they attempted to punch in for work before they even left their house, the system would flag it red and the employee would have to be truthful. This was an important aspect to saving our company money. When you have 40 employees and several of them are making upwards or more and they are punching in for an extra 15-30 minutes daily,...

Cons

If the employee turns off the GPS locator on their mobile device, they can beat the system. It is overall a great program.

The updates have been better, and faster. This makes payroll a lot easier and keeps employees honest

Pros

I like that you are able to leave comments on the actual timecards, it saves a lot of time from the field notes. I also like that you can see where the employees are clocking in and out from. I wish it would automatically ask them .. "Why are you clocking in here outside of the geotracker" so that they have to answer or say it was a mistake and they meant to clock out earlier. I also like all the different security settings.

Cons

The part that I least like about it is that when I am adjusting the time records, it can be very slow. Also, there are way too many report options and it is hard to figure out the right one you want and it takes too long.

Hello Shana, Thank you for your review. We are constantly working to make updates to our services so that we can better serve our customers so we are glad to hear that you have been enjoying some of our latest updates.

We've used the hornets and the mobile app and both are great!

Speeds up payroll.

Pros

Time Summit is pretty easy to use and it has really helped speed up the payroll process. Each employee clocks in themselves on their iPhone/iPad and I really love the GeoFence option that shows where they clocked in/out. The customer service is AMAZING. I've had to call a few times and the help is always outstanding.

Cons

Setup for the mobile app requires some work on the office end. I wish the setup code didn't change so frequently. I also wish the verification email didn't expire so quickly. I have to constantly resend the verification emails to employees. I'm not a huge fan of the new internet based Time Summit. It doesn't save/update well and I have to click Save a few times and then switch to another employee for it to calculate correctly.

ExakTime Reivew

We have been using the ExakTime system for a number of years. Our old way of keeping time records was having the guys write their daily times on timecards. At the end of our two week payroll, I would have to add up all the hours, which was very time consuming. Besides that, I felt like most of the guys were rounding their times to the next 15 minutes each way in their favor. By using the new system...

Pros

Cons

The old system was slow running on my computer.

Review for ExakTime

Its a great application and it has all good features and hence prevents delays and errors.

Pros

1. Its an excellent tool to track time 2. Its quick as it saves lots of time 3.As it provides real time data hence there is no possibility of errors and hence its accurate and reliable 4.Its secured, accurate and easy to use features results in no issues with payments.

Cons

1.The use of app draws around 14% of the battery per day 2.To use it one needs to wait until job numbers are set up from office.

Hello Vaibhav, Thank you for your honest feedback on our system and mobile application. It is good to hear that it has saved you time and work hours when it comes to your payroll.

I love ExakTime, it takes a bit off of my work load!

Not having to change hours to decimals by myself!

Pros

I love viewing the reports, and how each paycheck is already set to our pay period. I also like the field notes area, I wish we could save the field notes, and when they are accidently deleted, to be able to retrieve them some how.

Cons

When I am creating a location and need to add a cost code that's not already in the system, it is a pain to have to back out of the location and go in to the cost code page, I wish I could add a cost code on the fly while creating a new job location! I would also like to delete and clean up old cost codes I wont use again, instead of just making them inactive.

ExakCare Renewal

I called inquiring an ExakCare Renewal e-mail we had received. Jeremy was very helpful in explaining the prorated amounts per Hornet as well as updating our account information as we have recently moved to a new location.

Pros

It is mostly user-friendly and even when I come across certain components I have trouble with, calling the customer service line usually does the trick!

Cons

Only one thing I've come across where I have a hard time with the software is obtaining original clock-in/clock-out times once they've been edited. This is minimal and we've created a process where there is no need to locate the original times, but an easier way to access the original employee's time card with clock-in/clock-out times would be great!

It's very easy to log in and see who is where, and what they are doing

Quickly knowing who is where, and sycning records to QB

Pros

The interface is easy to use. I like the simplicity of adjusting time and making changes. For the most part the user interface is intuitive. The crew seems to like the independence and simplicity. For instance, if someone is picking up at a lumber yard to start the day they can clock in there, rather than waiting til they get the job site and using a hornet. Before they had to beg me to adjust their time...which was hard to remember. Everyone often forgot, but just a quick photo plus the geotracker component and I can see that they were, indeed, at the lumber yard.

Cons

There is a very big con, which is the lag time that occurs when using Linx software to move the Time Summit data into QB. When everything was l hard-drive based this was a seemless interface. Now, with the Linx being hard drive based and the Time being web based I have interminable delays. It's very very frustrating. There are other related problems too, such as before if I checked a box for time, but synced or uploaded to a different company, then the time would not go through. Now, the time goes through and gets put into QB for the wrong company. It's a problem.

Fairly Simple to Use

Overall, I like the system. I would like to see more versatility in the reports. There are tons of data recorded but not accessible. I would also like to see the data entry screens more compatible with traditional typist skills, specifically not having to take hands off the keyboard to move the cursor with the mouse.

Pros

It's easy to use and offers multiple ways for employees to record their time.

Cons

Data entry screens require mouse and keyboard use instead of allowing straight keyboard typing.

ExakTime provides excellent data, reports, and payroll streamlining.

Pros

I love having the time clocking details on a daily basis with excellent reporting capabilities. Being able to open several windows to simultaneously review the time card, Field Notes, Map Tool, and reports to verify time records is so helpful. I love the interactive maps and color coded icons in the time card details.

Cons

The online system has periods of very slow processing, which can be frustrating and inefficient. I don't often have to call into customer service with a technical question, but when I do, having to wait for technical support to call me back is also an efficiency challenge.

75% of the time I really enjoy exaktime. The other 25% of the time I have problems with it.

Pros

I really like being able to track hours and records, and run customized reports. I also like that we don't have to bring the clocks in to collect the hours.

Cons

The thing I like least about the software is the updates. Every time it updates, another problem is created. I am not a person who gets frustrated easily, but after years of bad experiences with customer support I tend to get frustrated easily when I have to talk to them. We usually run into problems while doing payroll, and then we have to wait for them to call us back. After they call back I have...

Hello Jessica, Thank you for giving us your valuable feedback. I am going to be passing it along to our product support teams so that they can work on making improvements based off of your feedback.

we use it for our commercial roofing construction company.

Pros

I like the fact that it allows us the ability to clock in with ether cell phones for our service crews or onsite job clocks for our production crews.

Cons

We struggle with the reporting and separating of the jobs and tasks. our technicians in the service will work on several jobs through out the day and travel between each. our production crews will be on a single project working on several different tasks the difficulty is in getting reports to project managers.

Hello Mike, Thank you for taking the time to review our services. I am glad that our mobile app has made clocking in easier for your crews.

Best Time Tracking Solution

I have had the mobile time app for about 2 years now and absolutely love it. Have tried at least 3 other time keeping apps, some are free and some have very minimal cost and those do not compare to ExakTime. I can always get help, its easy to understand and easy for my guys to use. Don't remember how I lived without it!

Pros

Simple to use, simple to implement, saves us thousands on each payroll.

Cons

I wish it would alert me when people forget to clock in or are approaching overtime

Easy way to manage employees, especially in the service industry.

Pros

I like that you can clock in and out anywhere. This helps us tremendously as most of our employees are our in the field. We can also set geofences around locations and see where they are clocking in/out on a map. It also calculates time by the minute, which makes payroll much easier.

Cons

The few times I have had to reach out to customer service-the response is not prompt. Also, it'd be nice if we could purchase one "seat" at a time.

Hi Kelli, We appreciate your feedback! Glad to hear that you are enjoying the system and that it is helping make your payroll process much easier.

Exaktime does what it says on the box and more

Pros

+ Extremely granular time-tracking capabilities with the required hardware + Excel- and PDF-based reporting

Cons

- Requires some customization to integrate with existing systems - Excel reports are slightly clunky because of "stylized" formatting

Hello Sloan, Thank you very much for your review, it is greatly appreciated. It is always nice to hear that we are able to make time tracking and reporting a much easier process.