ExakTime Logo
ExakTime

Web-based time and attendance tracking for mobile workforces

visit website

ExakTime Reviews

User ratings

4.0

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

All of the features in the program itself are great. We like the geo-fence a lot for tracking where guys punch, and the selfie is great for accountability.
Thanks to the rep, Jeremy, who assisted me during a chat session today. Very friendly and helpful and was able to provide me with the resources I was looking for.
The customer service has been wonderful for a first time user. They help explain things clearly and got me up and running quickly.
After they call back I have to spend a couple hours on the phone trying to troubleshoot the problem, at the most inconvenient time.
IT PRODUCES DUPLICATE TIME ENTRIES ON A REGULAR BASIS. This has created several very tense and embarrassing situations with my hourly customers.

ExakTime users...

listing-logo
QuickBooks Time-logo

QuickBooks Time

listing-logo
ClockShark-logo

ClockShark

How would you rate ExakTime?

Easy to use. Basic functions but work well for what my company needs for time tracking purposes.

Pros

Works well with many different jobs, job locations, and different cost codes. This software works well on both the admin side and the employee side. It is simple enough for employees to use on their own without much explanation.

Cons

The field reports section could use some work. I love the ability to write field notes, but sometimes there are errors or delayed notes. Also, if the employee doesn't "log in" to a field note correctly you cannot go back and find it once deleted from notes overall section. However, this is not a deal breaker for the product.

Hi Ashley, It is good to hear that the straightforward approach of our mobile app has made it easy for your employees to use. Thank you for your review, we love to get feedback from our customers!

Good Software that needs improvements

We use this software for my husbands small business. Overall, it's good value for the price, but definitely needs improvements. It has all needed for us functions: creating locations, clocking in and out, GPS.

Pros

It has all functions needed for our business: creating locations, clocking in and out, GPS. recent conversion to a cloud was a good change since it can be accessed from anywhere.

Cons

It's not very intuitive in use, doesn't always identifies locations correctly. It took us a while to figure out how to download timesheets in Excel format, and when I tried emailing the customer support, I got no response.

Hello, We'd like to thank you for your honest feedback. It is always nice to see that the switch to a cloud based system makes things easier for companies to use. In the future if you have any questions or need assistance with anything, give us a call at 888-788-8463 so that one of our reps can assist you. Thank you again!

Company uses the Hornet job clocks to send data and now clocks do not work because of the 4G-5G

Pros

Product and software worked fine for 2 plus years.

Cons

Clocks are outdated and company did not prevent clock from going down. As others have said they hurried and got our money for service contract for year before we had clocks going down. We ordered new and received a few and had bad ones that have RMAs and have to wait for replacements. At this time we are manually entering about 150 hand written time cards in to website and it is very costly.

Clocking out

Pros

It super handy having it on my phone for clocking in and out from job site to job site.

Cons

As of late it seems to be clocking me out automatically. Always at noon. Why?? [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Hello Kenneth, Thank you for your honest feedback, it is appreciated. We are happy to hear that the mobile app is making the clocking in and out process much easier for you. In regards to the clocking out automatically you mentioned. We will have a tech look into this for you and reach out to assist.

Life changer!

We used to get hundreds of time cards a week and now I audit and track my guys through this software, I can not recommend it enough!

Pros

The instant access to the guys time and location. and the maps on the sitehub are a life saver! no more printing 50 maps every morning!

Cons

Report sorting. there are only predefined sorting options I would like to be able to sort by any field I want. I get around it by downloading them into excel however it would be nice not to have to do that.

Payroll time saver!

Great overall experience with Exaktime. I would recommend it to anyone that has employees traveling to different locations.

Pros

It is extremely easy to set employees and locations up on Exaktime. We obtain very accurate weekly timesheets for all the employees, as we know exactly when they have arrived within the geo fence and logged in/out

Cons

I do not have any negative to say about Exaktime

Our first Mobile time system

The system was okay for the original dollar amount that we were charged. After a year, they raised the rate to 4 times what we were originally paying. They shut off the cloud and wouldn't allow us to gain access to our timecards to close out the system. So if you're with them, you might want to back up information daily. Ours ended on a Friday night after hours, and the following week when we went to gather information, it was gone. With other programs out on the market, I went with a different company. The new company is half the cost with an extremely user-friendly platform. My service technicians love it and really appreciate how the new system saves them so much time daily inputting information.

Pros

The only thing I liked about this system was that our employees could access it from their phones to log in and the fact that it tracked their timecards and we no longer need to mess with paper time cards.

Cons

My personal experience was that this company needs to make it easier to take notes, add addresses and calls when technicians get called out from their homes on an after-hour call. Our system ( their cloud) would crash and the technicians would get frustrated with the technology. They also need to work on the customer service end of things. I felt that they just wanted the "sell" and after you sign up, you are on your own. Yes, they have videos to watch, but actual help is nice too.

We truly appreciate your feedback. We strive to meet all of our customer's HR management needs and we understand that any disruption in service is frustrating. We'll be reaching out to discuss any concerns you have and steps we can take to make sure Arcoro's software is streamlining your HR processes as expected.

ExakTime Review

Absolutely love that I can communicate with the employees and not have to rely on the supervisor to submit their time sheets anymore. Everyone's time clock is accessible instantly.

Pros

I like that this software is compatible anywhere and anyone can use it. Once set up is complete it is easy to use and is a great tool for time tracking your employees.

Cons

The representative that did my initial setup was not familiar with our accounting software and our business deals with intricate details and categories for payroll so as the administrator, I had to teach myself how to set up some features in the Exaktime module. And I still am not using it to its full capacity due to I am not familiar with the programming.

So far, the software has been very effective with very few, if any, issues.

Pros

Time is seamlessly imported into our payroll/accounting software which makes payroll a click of a button.

Cons

Some of the time editing can be tedious. For example, if an entire crew has a time issue, you have to fix each individual separately.

Hello Steve, We are glad to hear that you are enjoying the ease and simplicity of our software and how much easier it has made your payroll process. Thanks for the review!

Great Product, but Poor Customer Service

We like the product, but we have not received much support for implementing the system. Our first training session didn't go well and when we attempted to connect AccountLinx to our QuickBooks system, we ran into so many unexpected road blocks. I reached out to our sales rep and its been a week and have yet to receive a response. I feel like I am left on my own to figure out how to use this program and connect it to our payroll system.

Pros

We like that the software is straight forward and easy to use.

Cons

We would have liked a feature where we could add multiple addresses for one job, but we are managing.

From the moment we started using this software, we were saving money.

Saves time and money from start to finish.

Pros

The GPS locator showed when an employee was not at the location. When they attempted to punch in for work before they even left their house, the system would flag it red and the employee would have to be truthful. This was an important aspect to saving our company money. When you have 40 employees and several of them are making upwards or more and they are punching in for an extra 15-30 minutes daily,...

Cons

If the employee turns off the GPS locator on their mobile device, they can beat the system. It is overall a great program.

Too Expensive

Not too bad; decided to move on because there was no price match per different company.

Pros

Easy to track employees on jobs per times.

Cons

Nothing really until my subscription came due and was going to double after paying the same rate for the last 3 years.

We're loving it!

This move to the web has made things a lot better, and the support has been fantastic!! The live chat and response time/efficiency of the support team has made things far easier for our entire team!!

Pros

tracks time well bread crumbs

Cons

would like geotraker to continue to run as long as ppl are punched in even if they close the app would like a few more customization options, but pretty good overall

The updates have been better, and faster. This makes payroll a lot easier and keeps employees honest

Pros

I like that you are able to leave comments on the actual timecards, it saves a lot of time from the field notes. I also like that you can see where the employees are clocking in and out from. I wish it would automatically ask them .. "Why are you clocking in here outside of the geotracker" so that they have to answer or say it was a mistake and they meant to clock out earlier. I also like all the different security settings.

Cons

The part that I least like about it is that when I am adjusting the time records, it can be very slow. Also, there are way too many report options and it is hard to figure out the right one you want and it takes too long.

Hello Shana, Thank you for your review. We are constantly working to make updates to our services so that we can better serve our customers so we are glad to hear that you have been enjoying some of our latest updates.

We've used the hornets and the mobile app and both are great!

Speeds up payroll.

Pros

Time Summit is pretty easy to use and it has really helped speed up the payroll process. Each employee clocks in themselves on their iPhone/iPad and I really love the GeoFence option that shows where they clocked in/out. The customer service is AMAZING. I've had to call a few times and the help is always outstanding.

Cons

Setup for the mobile app requires some work on the office end. I wish the setup code didn't change so frequently. I also wish the verification email didn't expire so quickly. I have to constantly resend the verification emails to employees. I'm not a huge fan of the new internet based Time Summit. It doesn't save/update well and I have to click Save a few times and then switch to another employee for it to calculate correctly.

ExakTime Reivew

We have been using the ExakTime system for a number of years. Our old way of keeping time records was having the guys write their daily times on timecards. At the end of our two week payroll, I would have to add up all the hours, which was very time consuming. Besides that, I felt like most of the guys were rounding their times to the next 15 minutes each way in their favor. By using the new system...

Pros

Cons

The old system was slow running on my computer.

A time-keeping company that cannot keep time

Pros

It was easy to use. My employees liked it. Nobody likes keeping track of hours

Cons

I used this application for several years. GET THIS. IT PRODUCES DUPLICATE TIME ENTRIES ON A REGULAR BASIS!! This has created several very tense and embarrassing situations with my hourly customers. They said the error was on our end. We must have double synced the records to Quickbooks. To that I say why would you create code that allows that action to take place? What possible benefit is that?And...

Hello Peter, We apologize for any frustrations experienced after discontinuation of services. We focus on resolving all concerns with our active customers to their satisfaction and are confident these issues are not occurring across our customer base.

Review for ExakTime

Its a great application and it has all good features and hence prevents delays and errors.

Pros

1. Its an excellent tool to track time 2. Its quick as it saves lots of time 3.As it provides real time data hence there is no possibility of errors and hence its accurate and reliable 4.Its secured, accurate and easy to use features results in no issues with payments.

Cons

1.The use of app draws around 14% of the battery per day 2.To use it one needs to wait until job numbers are set up from office.

Hello Vaibhav, Thank you for your honest feedback on our system and mobile application. It is good to hear that it has saved you time and work hours when it comes to your payroll.

I love ExakTime, it takes a bit off of my work load!

Not having to change hours to decimals by myself!

Pros

I love viewing the reports, and how each paycheck is already set to our pay period. I also like the field notes area, I wish we could save the field notes, and when they are accidently deleted, to be able to retrieve them some how.

Cons

When I am creating a location and need to add a cost code that's not already in the system, it is a pain to have to back out of the location and go in to the cost code page, I wish I could add a cost code on the fly while creating a new job location! I would also like to delete and clean up old cost codes I wont use again, instead of just making them inactive.

ExakCare Renewal

I called inquiring an ExakCare Renewal e-mail we had received. Jeremy was very helpful in explaining the prorated amounts per Hornet as well as updating our account information as we have recently moved to a new location.

Pros

It is mostly user-friendly and even when I come across certain components I have trouble with, calling the customer service line usually does the trick!

Cons

Only one thing I've come across where I have a hard time with the software is obtaining original clock-in/clock-out times once they've been edited. This is minimal and we've created a process where there is no need to locate the original times, but an easier way to access the original employee's time card with clock-in/clock-out times would be great!

It's very easy to log in and see who is where, and what they are doing

Quickly knowing who is where, and sycning records to QB

Pros

The interface is easy to use. I like the simplicity of adjusting time and making changes. For the most part the user interface is intuitive. The crew seems to like the independence and simplicity. For instance, if someone is picking up at a lumber yard to start the day they can clock in there, rather than waiting til they get the job site and using a hornet. Before they had to beg me to adjust their time...which was hard to remember. Everyone often forgot, but just a quick photo plus the geotracker component and I can see that they were, indeed, at the lumber yard.

Cons

There is a very big con, which is the lag time that occurs when using Linx software to move the Time Summit data into QB. When everything was l hard-drive based this was a seemless interface. Now, with the Linx being hard drive based and the Time being web based I have interminable delays. It's very very frustrating. There are other related problems too, such as before if I checked a box for time, but synced or uploaded to a different company, then the time would not go through. Now, the time goes through and gets put into QB for the wrong company. It's a problem.

Fairly Simple to Use

Overall, I like the system. I would like to see more versatility in the reports. There are tons of data recorded but not accessible. I would also like to see the data entry screens more compatible with traditional typist skills, specifically not having to take hands off the keyboard to move the cursor with the mouse.

Pros

It's easy to use and offers multiple ways for employees to record their time.

Cons

Data entry screens require mouse and keyboard use instead of allowing straight keyboard typing.

ExakTime provides excellent data, reports, and payroll streamlining.

Pros

I love having the time clocking details on a daily basis with excellent reporting capabilities. Being able to open several windows to simultaneously review the time card, Field Notes, Map Tool, and reports to verify time records is so helpful. I love the interactive maps and color coded icons in the time card details.

Cons

The online system has periods of very slow processing, which can be frustrating and inefficient. I don't often have to call into customer service with a technical question, but when I do, having to wait for technical support to call me back is also an efficiency challenge.

75% of the time I really enjoy exaktime. The other 25% of the time I have problems with it.

Pros

I really like being able to track hours and records, and run customized reports. I also like that we don't have to bring the clocks in to collect the hours.

Cons

The thing I like least about the software is the updates. Every time it updates, another problem is created. I am not a person who gets frustrated easily, but after years of bad experiences with customer support I tend to get frustrated easily when I have to talk to them. We usually run into problems while doing payroll, and then we have to wait for them to call us back. After they call back I have...

Hello Jessica, Thank you for giving us your valuable feedback. I am going to be passing it along to our product support teams so that they can work on making improvements based off of your feedback.

we use it for our commercial roofing construction company.

Pros

I like the fact that it allows us the ability to clock in with ether cell phones for our service crews or onsite job clocks for our production crews.

Cons

We struggle with the reporting and separating of the jobs and tasks. our technicians in the service will work on several jobs through out the day and travel between each. our production crews will be on a single project working on several different tasks the difficulty is in getting reports to project managers.

Hello Mike, Thank you for taking the time to review our services. I am glad that our mobile app has made clocking in easier for your crews.