SocialSchedules Logo

SocialSchedules

Scheduling software for businesses with hourly employees

SocialSchedules Reviews

4.5

How would you rate SocialSchedules?

Pros

The product for free is so great it works great and gives notifications to the Security Staff on their schedule.

MM

Mark M.

MW

Michael W.

Ease of use, ease of setup, setup is organized and clear, love that it notifies my staff when I publish a schedule and is integrated with phone platforms/has an app.

SR

Sarah R.

Cons

There’s no option to edit a profile after they are connected. I also dislike that once I posted a schedule I could not fix any issues without notifying everyone.

CC

Cheyenne C.

Also, there was a problem my peers and I had with signing into OpenSimSim.

LC

Lance C.

Some problems with getting employees disconnected.

CC

Cheyenne C.

Super easy scheduling with SimSim

Overall, I love this scheduling tool. It's easy for me to use, and easy for my staff. Saves me lots of time creating/recreating schedules manually.

Pros

Makes it super easy to create weekly employee schedules and to create templates that make future scheduling easy. I love that it can be set to allow employees to swap and drop shifts, and to easily submit timeoff requests. The ability to limit certain periods for timeoff requests is also very helpful. Overall, a lot of great functionality with an interface that is very intuitive to use.

Cons

Employees can't see timeoff already requested and approved for other employees. They might be able to adjust their timeoff requests if they could see periods when multiple timeoff requests had already been submitted by other employees (and thus would know their request won't get approved). Would also be nice if the entire schedule view could be seen on the desktop interface (rather than just on the phone).

Clock in spot on!

Overall it's great to use, cost effective and easily manageable. Doesn't promise you the earth and give you a pot!

Pros

GPS function, change shifts on the go, great messaging, easy shift allocation as SimSim learns over time with suggestions. Customer service is very good with online chat, and tech desk resolution if issue not resolved in chat.

Cons

Can't enter regular shifts as recurring. So we have to continue with Jorte Calendar to keep regularity of shifts (daily, weekly, bi weekly, 4 weekly, monthly etc...). Some updates can be frustrating as you have to 'find out yourself' while using.

A fairly simple and clear scheduling app

OpenSim has been a great tool for us to use. We have used several apps, and so far, we like this one the best. Still a few things we would like to see fixed/altered. But overall, the clear presentation is great.

Pros

I like the cut and dry presentation of the schedule. Easy to see and easy too schedule. Gets the job done for various sized companies. I can create as many schedules as I need to.

Cons

Somewhat challenging to drop, switch, and add some schedules. It makes sense when changing it on the back end. But for some of my employees, it is difficult for some of them to make the drop or switch (If available).

Great software, easy to use and connect with staff.

When I began using OpenSimSim I had been previously scheduling my staff on a spreadsheet and then emailing it to everyone. I discovered OpenSimSim through a google search and decided to give it a try. It was super easy to setup, super easy to connect my staff to it and eliminated so many scheduling frustrations I had been dealing with.

Pros

I love the ability to message my entire staff or individual staff members. I love the ease of the app. I love adding shift opportunities and staff being able to request time off, drop shifts and pick up shifts as they wish.

Cons

I have no negative opinions of this software. It did take me a while to realize that I could turn my device sideways to view the entire schedule but that's just on me for not taking the time to learn its features.

iOS compatibility

Everything is great about opensimsim except in January of 2019 the update they did made their system non-compatible with use on iPad. This is a huge huge downside of the product someone not to smart didn’t keep the system compatible with iOS on an iPad cuz I used it for over a year that way. I don’t carry or want to carry a laptop with me everywhere which means I get chained to a desk to write schedules now that I can’t use my iPad anymore. Two thumbs down!!!!

Cons

Easiest Scheduling App/Software to Use!

Pros

Love the ease of use for both the administrator and the user. We have been using the OpenSimSim for a year now and have had not issues with it whatsoever. The functionality of the software is easy to use even for the least tech savvy individual. Our employees love the app and they love how easy it is to request time-off and to view their work week calendar.

Cons

The administration scheduling side can get overwhelming with a large number of employees by not being able to see the week without scrolling up and down. Minor issue but would be great if there was a way to zoom in and out rather than scrolling up and down so much. But, other then that not too many cons when it comes to OpenSimSim.

Overall Great and Easy Tool for Scheduling

I appreciate that when I was having issues, the chat function was available to help me along.

Pros

I appreciate that it is very easy to use. It is intuitive​ and for a small business owner like myself, does the job well. I like the swapping shift options, as well as being able to see the labor costs.

Cons

I wish it would somehow incorporate break times so we can make sure to note that in the actual schedule instead of the notes. I also wish they would somehow integrate​ more seamlessly with our POS system I hear d it's happening soon, so that's good news!

One of the best scheduling solutions

Pros

OpenSimSim is incredibly easy to implement. Adding new employees to schedules takes a few minutes, so overall very quick and straight forward. Managing multiple locations is convenient and simple. Overall, no complaints. Great experience so far.

Cons

Nothing noteworthy. If I had to pick I would say I wish the iOS phone app had better UI for managing the schedule. It seems like the website it still best for creating schedule conveniently. But not something that is a concern for us, using the website is easy enough.

Amazing product A++

This app solves the issue of having to send out multiple emails and text messages to book the crew for the jobs required.

Pros

I love this scheduling software is free to use for what I require it for. I have over 170 freelancers using this program and it works pretty much flawlessly.

Cons

Not really much I dont like about it. It could use some improvements when it comes to more precise shift time starts/finish, Also being able to search a freelancer in the name list would be great and sometimes the names are in order and when you return they are not.

Good program for our catering company

Our company does off-premise catering for companies and social events. So we have an entire crew of people that never actually come into the shop! OpenSimSim allows a clear stream of communication with our staff.

Pros

The ease of use is what we like most. Any one of our coordinators can send out shift opportunities and we can keep them organized according to who sent the opportunity out. Our staff has never had a problem downloading the app onto their devices, and they all enjoy how user friendly it is. When I have run into a small problem or question, the support staff was right on top of it.

Cons

It would be better if , when a staff member declines a shift, that the program would keep track of who declined. Also, a red flag of some sort for a declined shift would be good.

Very User Friendly!

Overall, it’s wonderful! Even that ‘con’ mentioned above is not a big deal. I give it 5 stars just for being oberall very easy to use, and full-featured.

Pros

As an employee, it’s very easy to check my schedule, see what days others are on, and send quick ‘instant messages.’ While it DID take me awhile to figure that simply rotating my screen showed a great calendar view with other employees schedules as well... I can still say it’s a wonderful feature!

Cons

As I mentioned above, It toom me awhile to figure out that rotating the screen changed my schedule view. Unbelievably, not everyone my figure on getting different views from simply rotating thier screens. A notification somewhere as a reminder would be a plus...

Great App!!!

Open Sim Sim has allowed me to schedule out further with the time it is saving me. This is good for the company and for our techs.

Pros

Open Sim Sim is super easy to use and has the features we need without fluff we don't. It has cut my scheduling time down tremendously. The customer support is amazing and fast. The in app messaging is a huge bonus.

Cons

As a scheduler we set a time period that our labor needs to lock in their availability. I really want to be able to go in and lock those days down. I can keep them from requesting off, but not from changing their availability. It is really frustrating to hit publish schedule and a warning come up that says someone is not available.

making my life easier

its fast, quick and i know the staff have all the same rosters. i know when my staff are meant to be here, when i am out. i can open and see who is at work.

Pros

I like that i can organise my staff easily and from home and work. I can click on the day and the previous shift for the week prior comes up. making it easier to duplicate days and shifts. i like that i can see clearly when staff request time off, and i can nomnite days where no time off will be excepted.

Cons

that i have to scroll to find the current weeks roster. it should be the first week when it opens

Easiest Scheduling Software out there

After trying out several different scheduling apps, I was recommended OpenSimSim and it was by far the easiest and most effective app I have worked with. Their customer service is exceptional. They trained me and taught me how to navigate the app and how to educate my employees on the use of the app as well.

Pros

The ease of setting up different schedules is great and all my employees were able to quickly set up their profiles and were able to use the app with ease.

Cons

No cons here! This is the best app I have found for scheduling. Give it a try, you won’t regret it!

My overall experience is good. It meets the needs of the department

Pros

The software is easy to use and meets the needs of tracking shifts

Cons

When utilizing the Timeoff feature, employees who take partial shifts off end up not being left for the remainder of their shift. It eliminates them from the schedule and makes the whole shift an opportunity. This requires the admin to have to go in and manipulate the schedule to allow it to show the actual hours worked and the actual hours needed for filling the remainder of the shift.

OpenSimSim makes scheduling easy!

OpenSimSim is very easy to navigate and if you do find something you need help with, they provide simple tutorials to help you out.

Pros

With this app, I am able to keep track of forecasted sales and employee availability. You can create templates on what your basic schedule should look like and input it onto the schedule you are working on. It notifies you when you are trying to schedule someone during a time they are unavailable and gives you the option to send them a notification asking them to work at that time.

Cons

I have yet to find something that I dislike or have any issues with. I have been using this app for at least 10 months and it has been great!

So easy to use!

Pros

The app is very functional - no instructions are required as such as the the functions and layout are very intuitive. Staff can be easily invited to join and view their shifts on their mobile devices. There is also a function that sends shift reminders to workers so there is no chance of missing or being late for a shift - very handy!

Cons

Sometimes the software glitches when you amend a published rota - e.g. days staff have booked off get moved to a different day so real staff availabilities are misrepresented temporarily. This is fixed easily by refreshing the screen - This is the only problem I have encountered with the app.

OpenSimSim

Pros

I mostly like that opensimsim is a easy to use software that allows you to take care of your business in one setting. Easy to communicate with others and allows you to justify the app to your convenience.

Cons

There is nothing that I didn't like about the software, 3 years of using opensimsim and it has never disappointed me

Absolutely recommend it!

See above. Basically no back and forth asking anymore between employees for shifts, they can just save their availability and the rota is done!

Pros

It is really easy to handle. The rota is created on no time, swapping shifts has never been this easy, monthly accumulated shifts are just passed on to accounting and salary is paid. Love the idea that you are informed about shift opportunities, too to make extra money.

Cons

Doesn't work well on an ipad, editing or reassigning shifts take very long.

Ease of access

Pros

It allows communicating with your workers easy.

Cons

There are a lot of functions that i wish they had to make it easier to upload schedules. Like if there was a function to create shift a/b/c and just assign those shifts to people rather than having to pick hours. My work has set times so it would make it much easier

OpenSimSim Review

Overall very happy with the app and the benefits that it brought to our scheduling.

Pros

Once all set up the ease of use not only for management but staff as well. For our restaurant use it made it a lot more convenient for staff to switch shifts which manager approval without having to go find a schedule and see who is where and who is available. Great customer service when having questions.

Cons

The setup process was a bit long and lack of detailed instructions turned some setup into guess work. Also the lack of ability for management to put time off requests or unavailability for staff into the schedule when inputting it.

Great software!!

For us titling the staff roles is great. This is helpful in hospitality to indicate which section they’d be working per the shift.

Pros

It’s super easy to use. I love that you can chat to staff as a group or individually. I think staff really like being able to control their availability.

Cons

It would be nice if there was the option to ask staff if they could approve a shift request. Rather than the software denying you to be able to offer.

I was a non believer!

I was a non believer in which I didnt think this product would work with our restaurant ways of scheduling. Boy was I wrong, not only is it EASIER then my old way, its much faster and everyone can see it at all times on thier phones (because we all know that everyone has thier phones by them at all times)! There were a few glitches at first, but those have been fixed and overall this is a great product. What did I do with out you SimSim??!!!

Pros

how quick my schedule gets to my employees, they also LOVE the fact that you turn your phone and can see EVERYONES schedule

Cons

when I go to schedule someone they ALWAYS come up as Bartender then I have to switch their job title, even when bartender is NOT in their scope of work.

Couldn't be happier with the Opensimsim platform

Has cut my scheduling time way way down

Pros

The transition over to Opensimsim was seamless. The best part has been watching the platform evolve and improve. They have listened to everything their user base has asked for when it comes to functionality and ease of use, and have implemented those ideas flawlessly into the app.

Cons

There are sometimes minor glitches when scheduling which transfers shifts to the wrong day, but in the grand scheme of things this is a small issue.

Great program!

I use the messaging to make announcements as well as to contact employees with corrections to procedures.

Pros

OpenSimSim is easy to set up and get started. I love that my employees have easy access to their schedules and can request time off through the the app. No more excuses of not knowing when they work, or losing their paper copy of the schedule! Using the templates feature has cut down scheduling from several hours to less than 30 minutes.

Cons

I do wish it would allow me to message a specific group of employees by job title or work area, without going through the list to select each employee independently.