Reviewsnap Reviews

Reviewsnap

All-In-One Performance Management Software

Reviewsnap

Review Summary

Pros

It is easy to use and requires very little training. Being a consultancy firm that implements HCM software we appreciate Reviewsnap's versatility and their outstanding customer service.

Sheryl P.

I like that I can keep all of the good emails and praise documents I have received throughout the year on my profile so I can easily feature my performance compliments on my annual review.

Lindsey H.

Three, the customer service is excellent and fast so we were able to accommodate the distinct needs of the different companies quickly. I highly recommend this product and have been very satisfied.

Shana O.

Cons

It was concerning as we missed our deadline and it seemed as though we may have had a mess up with old reviews. It was a technical and service issue.

Diana N.

Prior to joining ReviewSnap, all of our performance and development was done in paper and it was a mess. Reporting was a manual job and there was no real process in place.

Clare R.

I don't think OpenSense Customer Service is at a level that Reviewsnap is, so it was disappointing not to have that same level of service from OpenSense.

Christine B.

Excellent Software

Pros

-B2B sales team/integration support was excellent -Authoricheck is genius -Number of review templates is great for using for different departments within the org. -Very easy to use software = very effective software

Cons

-Standalone product, would be nice to be able to integrate with some of our other solutions -Auto-save feature while typing would be nice

Reviewsnap Pros and Cons

We are very new to using Reviewsnap. We are just finishing up our very first review cycle with the software. Our contract said we would be trained as administrators but I do not really feel like that occurred. Basically a person from your company just clicked through screens and told us (very quickly) what they do when we first signed on the dotted line....but most people do not learn well from that...

Pros

For the most part, our users like Reviewsnap. They feel that it is relatively intuitive, especially since the latest updates were implemented in May 2020. The automated email reminders at very nice and save our HR a lot of headaches.

Cons

Some parts of the template builder are messy. I would like to see a naming convention be recommended or some perhaps required to make it easier for us to find competencies and to know which sections and positions those competencies are linked to across the organization. The approval processes have way too many button clicks...these processes need to be streamlined for sure! We chose to only have the acknowledgement step this year so that our supervisors and staff would not get frustrated with this Software right out of the gate.

Hi Lori - Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate the honest feedback. As a new customer, we want to make sure you're receiving the support you need. Our Customer Success team will be reaching out to see how we can help.

Reviewsnap - Just okay

Since I only have a need to use this software once a year, I don't think I can be too much of a critic. It works for how I need it, which is all I can really ask for!

Pros

I like that it's an easy way to submit my personal review to our HR team, and I like that I have a place to collect my thoughts on my personal achievements throughout the year. I also appreciate that I can input positive emails and comments that were said about me by my coworkers throughout the year.

Cons

The system is a bit clunky. It seems like it could use an update! It's not totally clear where to go for certain things (so much so that our HR department had to create a Reviewsnap guide that we can refer to when it's time to submit our annual reviews because they received too may questions).

Reviewsnap lives up to its name.

Pros

As a small organization with many staff who frequently travel, we sought a system that was simple, intuitive and available 24/7. We reviewed many systems, big and small and almost settled on a product, but then found out about Reviewsnap. Both vendors gave us access to test environments where we were able to compare coverage, ease of setup and get a sense of the training required. Reviewsnap won hands...

Cons

It's very minor, and the only reason I give them one "9" below, but the last couple steps involve a hand-off of the review and then initiating final approvals and signatures. Some staff have neglected to complete the last couple steps that officially close off the review, and we would just find it helpful to have the system keep notifying staff, after a reasonable amount of time has elapsed, that they're not done yet, and remind them what steps they need to do to officially close the review. If nothing else, staff will eventually discover their lapse when they try to begin a new review and are unable to. If the system helped prompt them to close out the review, it would just avoid their being confused when they try to begin a new one.

Winning Results

We have been a ReviewSnap client for several years and are continually impressed with the excellent customer service and ease of use of the software. As a non-profit, cost is also a huge factor and the annual contract is not only affordable, but is guaranteed to not increase once you sign up.

Pros

Our supervisors love the fact that that they can easily select ratings for their team and receive suggestions to add commentary. As the system admin, I love the fact that I can easily import new staff to the the database and create ad-hoc reports.

Cons

The only con is the finalization process - it would be nice to obtain final signature and not have to go back in to finalize.

Our company has been a user for over 5 years. The ease of use and customer service have been great.

Pros

Ease of use and ability to adapt to our specific need. Making changes to the form is usually pretty simple and user friendly.

Cons

Difficulty in setting up a quarterly review with the same ease as the annual review. But I understand that the team has been working on making this possible.

ReviewSnap Review

Would recommend to any company that would like a review system that is easy to use and reasonably priced.

Pros

Ease of use. I Like that you can customize your own templates with competencies and specific tasks. Like the email notifications of upcoming reviews and notifications when completed. Customer support is very good. They respond quickly. Love that they listen to their customers and actually do incorporate updates based on reasonable requests versus rolling out annual or semi-annual upgrades. As it relates to passwords, I like that as Administrator, I can re-set forgotten or locked passwords and that the users can choose and re-set their own. I love that you don't have to re-set them every 60-90 days.

Cons

Can't show you the date the review was completed in the review status report. You have to view the completed review to find it.

Pretty Easy to Use

Overall, it hasn't been bad. It continues to become more user friendly. I appreciate the support we receive for the system.

Pros

For the most part, it's easy to use and there are resources available to answer questions.

Cons

It changes often making it hard to keep everyone updated.

Better than before!

So far, so good. No complaints as a user!

Pros

ReviewSnap was introduced to all employees at our company about a year ago. Before it was implemented, we just had an in-house system that was clunky and difficult to use. The review process is much more streamlined now. All of the documents are in one place. Much better than the old system.

Cons

I haven't gotten to know it well enough to find any wrinkles. Doing my first review on the system has been pretty flawless.

Reviewsnap for Annual Employee Reviews

Pros

I like that this product keeps a record of annual reviews and has a systematic process for companies to use for consistency in the review process.

Cons

It seems somewhat cumbersome to change questions for each type of employee and/or for a 90 day review process versus an annual review process.

Poor Experience

The first experience was good but all since have been negative. I'm sure they're great to some clients but that was not what I've received.

Pros

The UI was difficult to use last year so I was very excited to see they were upgrading the platform. The new platform looks like it'll be great, so it's too bad I won't get to use it.

Cons

I understand that not everyone has had the same experience as me, but I've been extremely unimpressed with ReviewSnap. We were told that our review timeline was able to be accommodated by an upcoming system upgrade. I asked the rep whether we could have it up and running for a mid-November start and she assured me we could. I told her I would reach out a week or two later to let her know we were...

Performance reviews that are tailored to your needs and easy to customize as your needs change.

Pros: Reviewsnap is the first Performance Management System our company has used. We did a thorough search for products that would meet our needs and budget, and Reviewsnap was the best value. They helped us tailor the program to our specific situation, and worked with us to iron out any kinks if things didn't go the way we thought they would. The tech team made sure they understood our needs, and...

Wonderful Customer Service!

The Review Snap implementation was very easy and straightforward. I love that the implementation person uses the time to walk through the system, talk through what you're looking to accomplish, and then configures the system as you go along. You can see where they're adjusting things so it's teaching you at the same time as setting the system up. The best part, however, has been the Review Snap...

Pros

It's incredibly flexible to mold to whatever review cycles, review types, etc. you have. The bulk edit feature saves a lot of time and after you find the right part of the system, you can customize just about anything.

Cons

I'd love for Review Snap to allow the company to brand it more and really make it look like our internal review system. Also, if you're a manager of managers, the ability to see reviews down a couple levels has been tricky.

Reviewsnap Administrator for 2 years - very pleased!

Pros

The customer service that we receive from Reviewsnap is fabulous. The individual that took us through the sales process became our relationship manager, so there was never a handoff or any time/knowledge lost in a transition. She is extremely responsive and always goes above and beyond to ensure that the software meets our needs.

Cons

Reviewsnap is a standalone product, so the only negative that I would say about it is that it's a separate system from others that we have in our company (ex: applicant tracking system, customer management software, etc.). It is one more login for our employees to keep track of. Our typical employee utilizes the system infrequently, which means that some individuals forget their login information and need to have it resent to them each time they are asked to complete something in the system.

Amazing Product

In my over 25 years of Human Resource Management, ReviewSnap is the FIRST performance review program that I have found to be 1) user friendly for everyone (not just the administrator), 2) incredibly flexible and customizable (to your standards, not theirs) and 3) with an amazing support team. It is difficult to select only a few features that are my favorite so I'll minimize for my peers that may...

Pretty pleased with it

Pros

It is fairly straightforward to use. I like the journal entries feature, to log good feedback and notable successes on a daily basis instead of trying to remember them the day before my review is due.

Cons

I have found it somewhat tricky to complete the review finalization process - every year I struggle to find how to send it on to my supervisor. That process could be a bit more straightforward in my opinion. Also I think it should save text automatically as you start typing to minimize the potential to accidentally navigate away from the page and lose your work.

User-Friendly.

Pros

You create your own review templates, frequency of reviews and scoring range and description. This is not a you have to pay to add on an additional feature like some vendors. Also, instead of deleting past employees, you simply deactivate them. We have been with ReviewSnap over five years. In that time, there have been many excellent updates and improvements to the system. I love the Supervisor Guide and Administrator Guide. It took me awhile to get the supervisors to start using the Journal Entries function. Now that they do, they see the advantage in being able to add noteworthy events, training, etc., throughout the review period and spend less time trying to gather information together to put in the review.

Cons

Nothing. The issues that were there when we first signed up were issues that the vendor later improved on in the updates. The updates were all positive and did not create a burden on the user.

Great product, amazing representative

Our overall experience with ReviewSnap has been great. Although we were very happy with what the product offers out of the box, we really like to have the flexibility of customization. We have received great feedback from our users on the ease of use and ability to access the system from any location. We firmly believe that our positive experience is not only because you have a great product,...

Cons

Our company implemented Reviewsnap for our 2015 performance management reviews and goals.

Very easy to implement; extremely flexible in setup; we customized templates for three employee classes. The list of competency groups is so comprehensive and the individual competencies allow for so many different levels - it was very easy to put together review templates that were more meaningful to our employees. Love that performance management of competencies, goals, journal entries are all...

ReviewSnap Review

Pros

ReviewSnap is very easy to use and extremely user-friendly. The program has all the functionality we need without the bells and whistles we do not. ReviewSnap gave us a dedicated account rep that has been there to support us over the last three years in making changes to our account and increasing our usage of their features. The product is also extremely customizable. Because it is web-based, it keeps a record that you can access from anywhere. Based on my research, the price was also very competitive for what they offer.

Cons

Over the last three years, ReviewSnap has continued to improve and implemented many of the changes we have requested.

ReviewSnap is up and coming as a online performance review system

A good product that is getting better all the time. Well worth looking at for the price.

Pros

We looked at a lot of products most in the 20k-30k range that were bloated with bells and whistles and cradle to grave solutions. We only wanted a performance review system. With ReviewSnap that's what we got. They had standard templates but we wanted one for every job title abd it was easy to do by copying a basic template with our core competencies and modifying it with specific essential functions...

Cons

All cons I have found have been quickly resolved by the company.

The way to keep reviews in the same place

I've had a good experience with Reviewsnap, now that it's integrated to Recruiterbox I can add new employees automatically after hiring them

Pros

having all personnel files in a single place makes it really easy to use. You can personalize all reviews and keep all the records

Cons

It's not easy to figure out the first time you are using it, adding templates is a little tricky

New Version of Reviewsnap

The ability to view all employees in one place instead of the folder view that was in the old version. Ease of use for Managers to complete the review process.

Pros

The new version is easier to use and has more features

Cons

The Administrator Snap shot should have a bit more detail, it shows you a graph but I think it should have the ability to click on the graph and drill down. Such as for late reviews so that you can see specifically in a quick look which reviews are late.

Reviewsnap is a great product and customer service is top-notch!

Pros

Reviewsnap is very user-friendly and customizable. What I liked best is that we were able to work with the Reviewsnap implementation team to create exactly what we needed and what worked for the organization. In addition, the 360 and compensation module came with the service. Reveiwsnap handled all of the training at our HQ office and our multiple field offices. There were no hidden costs.

Cons

The multiple screen options were a little difficult for us to get used to. Sometimes you have to dig a little before finding exactly what you need.

Reviewsnap Web-based Performance Management Software

Pros

I like the cost and ease of use.

Cons

I've been a subscriber of this product and have worked with the same vendor contact since August, 2010. I've no issues with either. The product does what I signed on for, and my vendor contact has always timely responded whenever I have had a question.