Reviewsnap Reviews

Reviewsnap Reviews

4.48/5 (90 reviews)
1,703

Mary Panke

Reviewsnap lives up to its name.

Reviewed 2015-03-03
Review Source: Software Advice

As a small organization with many staff who frequently travel, we sought a system that was simple, intuitive and available 24/7. We reviewed many systems, big and small and almost settled on a product, but then found out about Reviewsnap. Both vendors gave us access to test environments where we were able to compare coverage, ease of setup and get a sense of the training required. Reviewsnap won hands down - very easy to set up, minimal training required, and all our priority requirements - fairly standard - were covered in their product. Employee profiles and job descriptions, competency and other review sections with lots of flexibility for overall design, ratings, comments, option to select from stock examples or use our own; integrated ongoing management of work and professional development goals, a great 'journaling' feature for keeping track of accomplishments through the year or for giving kudos to colleagues; automated notifications for deadlines and digital signatures. If users do need help, there is a small, onsite set of user manuals, workflow diagrams, etc. We added links to our performance review policies, etc on our Reviewsnap "Welcome page". Once our own system was set up, our Reviewsnap rep trained the 2 groups (employees/supervisors) via short webcast and the recordings are now permanently available to walk new staff through the site in under 10 minutes. Most notably, our customer service rep (same person over the last 3 years) has been absolutely exceptional. Her turnaround time is usually within a couple hours, responses are always helpful, short and and to-the-point, and if another service department is ever needed, she coordinates that. I also very much appreciated working through the trial period with a company that allowed us to work at our own pace without pressuring us to make a quick purchase. That flexibility helped assure we had the time needed to select the right product. Reviewsnap listens to their customers and keeps improving the product without inflating the cost.

Janet Schlarmann

Performance reviews that are tailored to your needs and easy to customize as your needs change.

Reviewed 2016-04-19

Pros: Reviewsnap is the first Performance Management System our company has used. We did a thorough search for products that would meet our needs and budget, and Reviewsnap was the best value. They helped us tailor the program to our specific situation, and worked with us to iron out any kinks if things didn't go the way we thought they would. The tech team made sure they understood our needs, and kept at it until we had the system operating as our COO requested. The tech support is highly responsive and knowledgeable, and gets answers for us in a timely manner. Our Customer Service Representative has provided help and answers for us as we have evolved in our review process. She has gone out of her way to train our managers on a one-on-one basis if needed to make sure they understand the system. The system is easy to customize when our company updates our performance procedures. Reviewsnap also uses feedback from users of the system to make updates and improvements. The product is a great value financially for our small company. Cons: Our problems mainly result from lack of engagement from managers. We have automated our review process in the past 3 years, so the culture is difficult to shift from a more 'free for all' format. Because of this, there is some resistance to actually learning the program fully. There are some technical features that do require frequent use to become familiar, so we have to train some people more frequently on how to use the system. But most managers are extremely good at using Reviewsnap, and find it very easy and intuitive. Overall, getting buy in from your management team is essential in any performance review system. Reviewsnap is a valuable tool our company uses to track performance and stay on top of goals for the team. I recommend it highly.

Melissa Hewett

Reviewsnap Administrator for 2 years - very pleased!

Review Source: Software Advice

The customer service that we receive from Reviewsnap is fabulous. The individual that took us through the sales process became our relationship manager, so there was never a handoff or any time/knowledge lost in a transition. She is extremely responsive and always goes above and beyond to ensure that the software meets our needs.

Karen Young

Amazing Product

Reviewed 2015-01-31

In my over 25 years of Human Resource Management, ReviewSnap is the FIRST performance review program that I have found to be 1) user friendly for everyone (not just the administrator), 2) incredibly flexible and customizable (to your standards, not theirs) and 3) with an amazing support team. It is difficult to select only a few features that are my favorite so I'll minimize for my peers that may be considering the product: 1) The system provides your managers sample phrases to use in the event they are not very wordy when it comes to praise/correction; additionally, the Authoricheck helps YOU prevent inappropriate statements being made. 2) The system notifies your managers of due dates and sends reminders - you no longer have to track your managers down! 3) You can have as few or as many review templates as you like - we generally develop by department but you can get as involved as by job. The only "kink" (and it's so minor I hate to call it a kink) is that the process can be a little confusing when a review is completed - it is human nature to click "continue" when you have finished something but that erases in place signatures at the end of the process. However, once you learn the system and realize that the signatures themselves "continue" the process, the issue resolves itself. I am proud to be a user and a reseller for this product. I never hesitate to introduce the product to our clients!

Anita Ladd

User-Friendly.

Reviewed 2014-11-19
Review Source: Software Advice

You create your own review templates, frequency of reviews and scoring range and description. This is not a you have to pay to add on an additional feature like some vendors. Also, instead of deleting past employees, you simply deactivate them. We have been with ReviewSnap over five years. In that time, there have been many excellent updates and improvements to the system. I love the Supervisor Guide and Administrator Guide. It took me awhile to get the supervisors to start using the Journal Entries function. Now that they do, they see the advantage in being able to add noteworthy events, training, etc., throughout the review period and spend less time trying to gather information together to put in the review.

Katherine Gerena

Great product, amazing representative

Reviewed 2015-02-03

Our overall experience with ReviewSnap has been great. Although we were very happy with what the product offers out of the box, we really like to have the flexibility of customization. We have received great feedback from our users on the ease of use and ability to access the system from any location. We firmly believe that our positive experience is not only because you have a great product, but mainly because we have an excellent representative, Ms. Gloria Giron. Ms. Giron is very professional and knowledgeable with this product. She responds promptly to calls, emails and requests, she is very thorough with her responses and she takes the time to teach and explain why or how things work. When she was on vacation, we received assistance from other representatives who were not as knowledgeable and who did not always respond in a timely manner. Needless to say, we are very happy and appreciative with her hard work and dedication to our company. The only area of improvement I can think of is the response time from developers, we feel that at times Gloria had to continuously follow up with them to get a response on quotes. Regardless and thanks to Gloria, this slight deficiency did not take away from our experience as she was very persistent with her follow up.

Nancy Baldwin

Our company implemented Reviewsnap for our 2015 performance management reviews and goals.

Reviewed 2016-04-27

Very easy to implement; extremely flexible in setup; we customized templates for three employee classes. The list of competency groups is so comprehensive and the individual competencies allow for so many different levels - it was very easy to put together review templates that were more meaningful to our employees. Love that performance management of competencies, goals, journal entries are all in one place. And that multiple people can view journal entries and kudos; love the kudos. Goal setting is easy to do. Would like even more capabilities with cascading goals, but part of that is training within our company. The support given by Reviewsnap staff is excellent. They are very responsive and helpful and spend time to help you understand the system very thoroughly. Our employees loved how easy it was to use. Simple things like having individual file folders with employee pictures is really nice, too. We are very pleased with Reviewsnap and will begin to utilize the compensation module to make it even more comprehensive and useful. Like that you can install one module at a time, so users can get familiar with it. Great feedback from management team and employees as well.

Amie Maxey Hebdige

Winning Results

Reviewed 2016-03-02
Review Source

We have been a ReviewSnap client for several years and are continually impressed with the excellent customer service and ease of use of the software. As a non-profit, cost is also a huge factor and the annual contract is not only affordable, but is guaranteed to not increase once you sign up. Our supervisors love the fact that that they can easily select ratings for their team and receive suggestions to add commentary. As the system admin, I love the fact that I can easily import new staff to the the database and create ad-hoc reports.

Hailie Sieven

ReviewSnap Review

Reviewed 2014-12-24
Review Source: Software Advice

ReviewSnap is very easy to use and extremely user-friendly. The program has all the functionality we need without the bells and whistles we do not. ReviewSnap gave us a dedicated account rep that has been there to support us over the last three years in making changes to our account and increasing our usage of their features. The product is also extremely customizable. Because it is web-based, it keeps a record that you can access from anywhere. Based on my research, the price was also very competitive for what they offer.

Don Jenkins

ReviewSnap is up and coming as a online performance review system

Reviewed 2010-02-17

A good product that is getting better all the time. Well worth looking at for the price. We looked at a lot of products most in the 20k-30k range that were bloated with bells and whistles and cradle to grave solutions. We only wanted a performance review system. With ReviewSnap that's what we got. They had standard templates but we wanted one for every job title abd it was easy to do by copying a basic template with our core competencies and modifying it with specific essential functions for each of the 85 job titles we have. The customer service has been available and responsive to our questions and needs and they have implemented several things that we thought would make the product better. I'm sure some were in the works already but it was nice to see your suggestions come to fruition. There are still a few things that would improve the product but it seems they are working on it.

Quanita Pokolo-hassell

Reviewsnap is a great product and customer service is top-notch!

Reviewed 2014-11-25
Review Source: Software Advice

Reviewsnap is very user-friendly and customizable. What I liked best is that we were able to work with the Reviewsnap implementation team to create exactly what we needed and what worked for the organization. In addition, the 360 and compensation module came with the service. Reveiwsnap handled all of the training at our HQ office and our multiple field offices. There were no hidden costs.

Anita Ladd

ReviewSnap Review

Reviewed 2009-07-09

Would recommend to any company that would like a review system that is easy to use and reasonably priced.Ease of use. I Like that you can customize your own templates with competencies and specific tasks. Like the email notifications of upcoming reviews and notifications when completed. Customer support is very good. They respond quickly. Love that they listen to their customers and actually do incorporate updates based on reasonable requests versus rolling out annual or semi-annual upgrades. As it relates to passwords, I like that as Administrator, I can re-set forgotten or locked passwords and that the users can choose and re-set their own. I love that you don't have to re-set them every 60-90 days.

Alison Forbes

They have an excellent product that is very customizable.

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2017-12-21

Lots of data, great reports, excellent customer service.Great customer service, very customizable product, easy to administer. The reports are easy to use and customize to provide excellent data. We are able to drill down into who hasn't completed reviews or journal entries very easily. Their customer support is excellent. We have always been able to get the information and answers we need, often very easily.

Brandi Campbell

so-so

Reviewed 2016-11-30
Review Source: Software Advice

I am not sure what happened, but the customer service was great and then was non-existent overnight. Emails were not being responded to; no one was answering the phone, and messages were not returned. Eventually, I got someone on the phone and found out an I had a new account rep (no one reached out to me) and she has been okay but not nearly as available or responsive as our first rep. Reviewsnap is better than the paper reviews we used in the past. Our first account rep was great.

Pat Bowie

Reviewsnap Web-based Performance Management Software

Review Source: Software Advice

I like the cost and ease of use.

Daniel Herszaft

Review Snap - A superb product and excellent client friendly experience.

Reviewed 2015-01-30

I was recommended to Review Snap with glowing references. They not only met but significantly surpassed my expectations. The product is excellent and can be tailored easily to individual companies requirements. The cost was also very competitive. The most impressive thing for me was the customer service. The time and effort made by our account representative to create a specific evaluation process for us was quite remarkable. He went over the whole process step by step setting up the templates, creating the year end process and working with me as the process was going on and completed. As it was the first time I was doing an on line evaluation process I was constantly contacting him for help. There was a never question or issue too small for him. Overall a fantastic experience and I would highly recommend review snap to anyone looking for an on line evaluation tool.

Lacey Henning

This has been a refreshing change for our company!

Reviewed 2016-04-19

We were previously using a manual survey website for performance reviews and it was very labor intensive to retrieve and comb the data and prepare reports for review. Reviewsnap has been such a wonderful transition for us and it does all of the heavy lifting for us. We host annual reviews at 3 different times throughout the year for different groups of employees and Reviewsnap has made the process so much easier. The journal entries are an invaluable tool to track information about people throughout the year. I appreciate the "power" that the system gives to provide feedback on their peers. Our implementation and training specialist, Elicia Shea is out of this world and has gone above and beyond to meet our needs, answer our questions and jump in to help whenever we need it!

Anna Blexrud

Used other for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-01-26
Review Source: Software Advice

From my experience, the ReviewSnap interface is clean and simple. It's been easy to use and navigate when adding goals, comments and signing off on my year end review.

Christine Britton

Great Customer Service

Reviewed 2014-11-19
Review Source: Software Advice

Reviewsnap is very user-friendly and helped streamline our evaluation process. Their customer service is top-notch, professional, friendly, and very helpful. If I have a question on anything, they get back to me within minutes, which helps keep my day moving.

Marisol Rodriguez

Too much manual input and no history retained for multiple changes that occur within the year.

Used other for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2017-09-22
Review Source: Software Advice

This program needs to be much less manual, more technological savvy and easier to use.Flexibility in creating forms, smooth process for 360 feedback, and place on recommended increase .

Nathalie Weister

A simple solution to performance management

Reviewed 2014-12-17
Review Source

I have worked with ReviewSnap for 4 years and managed the implementation in two companies (both large and small), and it has proved to be the simplest solution to performance management on the market. While it may not have the various modules and complexity of other tools, it is perfect for a company seeking to formalize its goal setting and evaluation process on a budget. Simple to implement and train users Budget friendly and user friendly Responsive customer service team Constant upgrades and additions Customizable

CAra Zibbell

User

Reviewed 2016-04-19

I love RS customer service. They have far and above delivered in this arena. I enjoy the simplicity of the UI. However, I am a visual person - would love to see graphics of where an employee or manager is in the cycle of a review (timeline for example - "you are here") There are moments where I feel customization are limited. I wish docs would auto save. I wish I couldspell check once w/o having to toggle through various screens.

Sharai Parris

Reviewsnap has been a great tool for our business!

Review Source: Software Advice

Reviewsnap has a user-friendly platform that makes it easy for everybody to use! Since implementing Reviewsnap, we no longer have to manually complete our reviews or remind managers to complete them. It's a great system!

Gregory Sims

I have been using Review Snap for over 7 years now. It has been a great experience

Reviewed 2016-04-19

We were on a manual system for many years. The transition to the Review Snap system went well and we were able to incorporate many of the elements from our manual system. System is user friendly and the customer service has always been excellent. Review Snap has a compensation module but we have never been able to incorporate it into our method of allocating increases. That is my only negative. We are moving from a traditional review system to a more non traditional one with greater employee initiation and feedback. Will be testing Review Snap to see if it will accommodate this change. I have a high level of confidence that it will. High kudos to Review Snap and the entire team there for a great product.

Julie Eastland

VLST Corp July 9 2009

Reviewed 2009-07-09

I would encourage others to utilize the program. Set up was easy and customer support has been greatEasy to use Has the basic function of most everything needed for our size organization (45 people) The developers were responsive to our needs and added functionality that supported our goal setting and review process