TalentReef Logo

3.5

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend7.45/10

Reviews by rating

My overall opinion with Talent reef is that it is a good software for helping with hiring.
The customer service team is great when treat them with dignity and respect. I have also enjoyed the over intuitive nature of this product.
Customer Service is slow to respond to needs when having a problem with the system. The customer service team seems to hit and miss on consistency in service.
The process to release an applicant is extremely difficult. There is not an alert to let the person who posted the job to alert that there are new applicants.

KG

Katherine G.

Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

User Friendly

Pros

The platform is very easy to use for our entire team. The application tracking system makes life much easier for our managers and creates consistency in the on-boarding process.

Cons

The only negative I have run into is for the applicants and I do not believe this is a TalentReef issue. The applicants are not as tech savvy as people may believe and do not remember their passwords, etc. TalentReef has addressed this by allowing us to reset passwords to help the applicant access the platform to complete hiring paperwork.

MB

Michael B.

Hospitality, 501-1,000 employees

VP of Human Resources

If you are looking for a simple, cost effective software to manage social recruiting, onboarding, training and performance management, then this is the software that you must use. It is perfect for hospitality and restaurants! The flow to indeed and other sites is seemless.

Pros

The ease of use from both the HR side and the applicant/employee side make this the best software all in one package.

Cons

The reporting functionality could still use some further development. However, in the 4 years I used the software, it was constantly being updated.

MF

Morgan F.

Mining & Metals, 5,001-10,000 employees

Promises not fulfilled

Pros

Managers are easily able to see applicants who apply to multiple positions/locations.

Cons

The system has very little customization capability. The work flow comes as is, you cannot make any changes. Their customer services is highly lacking. We have open tickets that are more than seven months old that have yet to be resolved. With all of this the greatest issue is the poor EEO tracking. We are required to follow OFCCP regulations and the system cannot support that. The system allows applicants...

AM

Angel M.

Restaurants, 201-500 employees

Talent Reef

Pros

Talent reef was a good tool for helping in hiring staff for zaxby's.it would save all applicants online for various mangers to view and hire.

Cons

Only cons with this software was that is applicants would forget password and would have to always call costumers services to retrieve it so they could finish online hiring forms

DC

Danny C.

Food & Beverages, 501-1,000 employees

All inclusive and economical solution for hiring, and on boarding of employees, with some limited HRIS functions

Customer support is attentive and the initial set up for our company was well supported throughout the process. Talentreef works extremely well as solid ATS option and has a very good UI in this area.

Pros

Talentreef is a very robust ATS, and onboarding solution. It has allowed us to go paperless with most hiring functions and saved a lot of adminstration time. It is a reasonably priced option for our mid size company.

Cons

The platform’s HRIS back end is somewhat limited, and functionality is still being refined in some areas. Some of the back end features could have better mobile device usability.

JP

Jennifer P.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

talentreef

been a struggle to navigate. finally hired a couple new employees

Pros

I do not know what i like about it. I have only hired 4 people. I have lots of applicants.

Cons

The first employee didnt go thru until after the gal quit. she also didnt have proper paers to work here. it didnt flag her or deny her

PM

Peg M.

Food & Beverages, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reccomend ATS only for companies not looking mobile or social presence.

Pros

The ATS is satisfactory for creating job postings, tracking applicants internally, and on boarding. Reporting functions adequate.

Cons

The ATS does not track applicant sourcing (self reported by applicant). Analytics are limited. The Social Recruiting Site is 1st generation - there is no internal support and no upgrades have been made to the platform in 2+ years. The CRM is virtually useless, as records cannot be imported to EXL or CSV and lack an operational sort method.

EH

Erin H.

Committed to Continuous Improvement

Pros

Very user friendly product. The team is eager to improve the product functions. Customer care is evident to be a priority.

Cons

I would love more self service functionality but I have been told that is coming. The mobile experience is lacking but there are improvements coming to that as well.

DL

Debra L.

Overall a great tool

Pros

Having everything thing online and easy to access. Its nice to go to 1 place to get all our information.

Cons

the customer service is not what i would expect. we are a larger company and to get answers and the updates we need are not always there

zj

zac j.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Generally okay. Can be difficult to navigate, and customer support is hit or miss with assisting in trouble shooting problems

Pros

It's nice to have online access to personnel files vs. keeping employee folders. Recruiting tools are nice

Cons

Difficult to navigate at times. there are several portals/tabs for each employee, which make it on line files seem a little scattered

JW

Jennifer W.

Great Experience

We've had a great experience with talentReef because of their fast response times and communication. They understand the needs of the industry and the administrator site is user friendly and intuitive.

Pros

Easy to use, great customer service and resources. Updates and new features on a regular basis. Consistent communication. They offer a Social Recruiting tool.

Cons

There are some features that you are not able to personalize specific to your company. Could be faster.

KM

Karim M.

Restaurants, 201-500 employees

Great HR and Hiring tool, we use this for our entire organization

Great quality applicants and a great software for a good price. Company exposure Easier HR process

Pros

This software is very user friendly and we like that it brings quality applicants to us. we also have a website setup where people can go and upload their information and it goes to our HR department directly. Very good design

Cons

their customer support is not that good, there is no way to call in to get help unless you're during the install phase. You can only email in to get help.

NS

Nick S.

Great For Hourly Hiring

Go with TalentReef

Pros

The product was very easy to get set up and has helped us find better candidates. My managers also have mentioned that the on-boarding process is now much easier to complete and this has saved them a considerable amount of time.

Cons

Not too much, I think the support has improved significantly and is now much more self service which always helps.

CJ

Chad J.

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

TalentReef helped me have everything I needed, regarding my employees, in a neat and orderly manner.

Great product, I am now confident that we are compliant and with ease.

Pros

Nothing gets skipped or lost in the shuffle. Having to make sure everything is completed before moving on to the next step is essential.

Cons

Colors used on the platform. I wish I had the option to change backgrounds. If that is the worst thing, then there is not much to worry about.

GC

Getina C.

Food & Beverages, 5,001-10,000 employees

TalentReef

Pros

TalentReef will provide an excellent applicant flow. However if you have multiple locations the hard to staff locations may find some difficulty.

Cons

There are no in house options for low applicant stores. In some ATS systems you are able to boost a posting to get greater results.

JM

JANET M.

No Control

We receive a discount for using Talentreef, so it is economical. However, every time I want to change the wording on a job posting or even fix a typo, I must do so through customer service. When I spoke to customer service, I was told it best to do everything through them otherwise, I would mess up the page. I can't even change out the pictures. The social media login is separate from the onboarding and the Dropbox instructions I received for SEO were nearly incomprehensible. Words were missing and it was filled with incomplete sentences. I finally stopped trying to work on improving our search results.

Pros

I like that we have a personalized Web address for publicizing our job postings. The site looks clean. Customer service responds within 24 hours.

Cons

As a customer, you have very little editorial control. I've had over 20 emails with customer support in 4 months to improve/troubleshoot our site.

MT

Mackenzie T.

Human Resources, self-employed

Feels old but works

Pros

Consistently produces good applicant flow, allows for easy viewing of application questions

Cons

Applicant sorting is surprisingly difficult, with no statuses or stages to apply to applicants. Data exporting is almost non-existent, making third-party tools very difficult to use.

SC

Sarah C.

HORRIBLE!

Pros

Cons

This is the worst software platform I have EVER used. Every day there are errors. Pages do not load, permissions for users are changed. It is a horrible software. Stick to what you're good at, recruiting.

Adriana L.

TalentReef is helping me organize our hiring and onboarding process!

Organization! When you are constantly hiring new staff, you need a system that keeps all the information and files organized.

Pros

TalentReef is supper user friendly, and customer service is excellent. It is amazing how TalentReef helps you keep every candidate's file organized. I am able to keep all employee related documents in the system so when I need something I can find it right away.

Cons

The cognitive tests they provide are not very challenging. The tests are good for an entry level position but not for the job openings I have.

KB

Kornelija B.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Great value!

i think the value for the money is very good! Would recommend it.

Pros

Customer service is top notch! From the sales process, to implementation, to customer support - they are great! They keep in touch long after implementation to make sure everything works right. I love that I have assessments included in the price!

Cons

I don't like that I have to open a ticket every time I want to create a new position. This makes it a bit slow to post new jobs.

AB

Alison B.

Great Product!!

Pros

Ease of use! The product does exactly what we need it to, makes onboarding a breeze and syncs seamlessly with payroll

Cons

Ability to upload our own new reqs but their customer support team is wonderful and always uploads them for us timely

LB

Lindsey B.

Food & Beverages, 501-1,000 employees

TalentReef is a good value for the price

Overall, it's not a bad system. I'm sure there are better, but for the price and ease of use I would recommend.

Pros

The system in general is very easy to use - even for those who aren't super techy. A good volume of candidates is usually generated from each posting.

Cons

It can be hard to find a specific applicant - have to have to spell nearly perfect. Weird auto-filters will sometimes just happen.

LW

Laura W.

Food & Beverages,

Sticking with TR

Pros

TalentReef has good reporting capabilities, and invested sales and development teams. They have made modifications that improve ease of use and onboarding. We don't use the entire platform, we mostly use the service for onboarding and tracking paychanges and title changes, which have worked well for us.

Cons

Customer service has been hit or miss. Managers usually have better luck than employees at getting assistance, but even then, it seems they are often non-responsive on the phone. Email is better, but we usually have to run through things twice to make sure it is 100% complete. Thankfully, our sales reps have been extremely helpful in making sure we are satisfied and have occasionally stepped in to make sure service was delivered.

SM

Sandra M.

Great Partners!

We use Talent Reef for their ATS and Onboarding system. Our account manager has been great working through any issues that arise. The system has had some technical issues, but no more than other systems that I am familiar with. So far everything is working out for us! Thank you, Talent Reef!

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

I wanted it to be a success, its been anything but

went from ok to worse. Its like they know you wont leave due the cost and time involved to impliment a system.

Pros

In the beginning, a lot of promises: A talent network to tap into, ease of use - post to multiple job boards, high volume traffic aggregator, full integration into systems.

Cons

We were sold something that doesnt exist and still 9 months into, doesnt look like it ever will. We were promised a talent network. Nope - its an excel spreadsheet with names. We were promised high traffic flow. Nope - we post jobs for 30 days and get maybe 10 applicants for the most basic entry level position (suppose to be their bread and butter). You need to submit a request to customer service...