ZoomShift Reviews

4.5

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.75/10

Reviews by rating

We can now focus on providing the excellent client and patient care that we strive to achieve every day with the comfort that we have the proper skilled labor in position to meet that goal.
It's been great since my team moved from TESS to ZoomShift. It's been super easy to use and we all enjoy having the change.
Still it can be confusing and I am unhappy that there is no way to call and talk with someone. Emails back and forth are cumbersome when you're trying to fix something in the moment.
This issue is fix now, but losing employee data once the employee was gone.
Now I have to leave the notes in each employees shift and then when I copy it, delete every note.

CF

Carlos F.

Server

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Employment Shift Application is Extremely Effective

Transcript

Carlos: Hi, my name's Carlos. I'm a server. I gave ZoomShift a four out of five. For more reviews like...

SD

Stacy D.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Zoomtastic!

Zoomtastic!

Pros

I really love how simple and straight forward the software is! It’s not over complicated; contains the features & functions that are most important to a business.

Cons

I do wish there was an undo or back feature on a few commands and entries. We had an entire month of numerous shifts deleted by accident and could not retrieve them back.

DD

Delton D.

Security and Investigations, 1-10 employees

The wonders of Zoomshift

My people cannot clock into a shift until they are on site. This encourages them to be there a little early so they can get the full shift on the clock. They must clock out or the shift is considered unfinished. They only get paid for finished work.

Pros

The usability of the product is wonderful. All of my employees are using it and do so with ease.

Cons

I am have an issue with keeping the notifications flowing to the security guards without all of the emails coming to me every time a discussion point is posted. It is probably due to a programming error.

LS

Lauren S.

Glitches

The new functionality is great but I constantly get the "Whoops! Something went wrong" error every time I login, and every time I load a shift template it says that some didn't get loaded. I'm constantly refreshing the website. My team has had troubles dropping and picking up shifts which seems to be better in this past release. Overall we like it but the glitches and error messages are very high and frequent.

Cons

Lauren, Thanks for your honest feedback. I'm looking into your account right now and the errors that you have mentioned. It sounds like this may be a browser issue that we can get fixed for you. I'm sending you a personal message as well. Ben Co-Founder @ ZoomShift

NM

Nikki M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Very intuitive software

Keeps things more clean and organized, less room for error b/c before we were just using google docs

Pros

I like the ease with which me and my team can use it, very user friendly and intuitive, i like the ability to replicate weeks at a time, love how easy it is to track payroll

Cons

I hate that you have to request each individual shift for coverage requests, would love the ability to request multiple shifts at once

AK

Alex K.

11-50 employees

The BEST scheduling software I have ever used!

I have been using ZOOM-SHIFT for about 6 months now and I have saved so much time in making staff's time sheet. It is so easy to use and I always get a prompt answer on questions I have asked. The customer is excellent and I would really recommend for small businesses.

Pros

With Zoomshift, You can save so much time planning and making employees schedules. You can make many adjustments such as changing employees working hours or working days and its hourly pay. Last minute change is available as you can simply click employee shift and make an adjustment. Also, it gives you a good picture of how much you are spending on your payroll and how much you are paying to each employee weekly. The print/export function also allows you to convert your schedule to pdf file which you can print and give it to your employees. "copy and paste" identical shift function also allows you to save so much time making employee schedule.

Cons

This is not really a con but is there a way to bring staff's schedule which is few weeks back? I know I can copy previous weeks schedule but I don't know yet if I can copy a schedule which is more than a week ago.

kz

kevin z.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

zoomshift review

So far, Zoomshift has had most of what we as a small restaurant group of five different distinct concepts needs. However, there are still a lot of issues with one manager's actions bleeding over and affecting the other restaurants. Customer service has been prompt and helpful most of the time, and it does feel like our suggestions are being taken seriously. I'd still love to see much better siloing and more robust walls between restaurants. I'd like to be able to see only when there is a conflict with employees who work at more than one location, and have the rest of all the information be separated. The filters are useful, but it would be better if there was more separation between locations.

Pros

Love the ease of use, and I love the support

Cons

Everything from all the restaurants tends to get lumped together. We'd really like to have more control over which managers see which employees, etc. Swaps also are very unnecessarily confusing.

Kevin, Thanks for the review and feedback! It sounds like you are using locations to separate your various restaurants. Have you tried creating separate schedules? This will allow each restaurant to have it's own schedule and will prevent any crossover. Just ping us on support and we can help you get this setup. -Ben

MT

Michael T.

Performing Arts, 1-10 employees

Love this schedule, but they have room to grow.

Great customer service and support. Overall intuitive use. My team enjoys the clarity of roles. Pretty happy with the platform aside from some specific technical issues.

Pros

Scheduling is made super easy, mostly intuitive to use, schedules can be copied over to payroll, and everyone at multiple sites stays coordinated. Also the support team is very quick to resolve issues.

Cons

The scheduler copies over the schedule to payroll without copying the breaks. This creates two sets of numbers. Because of their willingness to support their users, I hope/believe that this issue will be fixed.

LM

Laurie M.

Love this program. It is easy to use and the customer service is fantastic!

Pros

We use Zoomshift seasonal for a public swimming pool. We have over 50 employees. Zoomshift lets us put requested days off in and lifeguards can swap shifts with ease. We love this program.

Cons

Zoomshift lets you categorize by position. I would like if I could put names in alphabetical order.

SP

Sean P.

Retail, 51-200 employees

Awesome product

Where do I begin? Great value, it has been such a time saver. The employee's love it, they can check their schedule, ask for time off, swap shift or pick-up shifts from their computer or their phones anywhere anytime.

Pros

easy, fast, efficient it is such a time saver, great customer service

Cons

Nothing after I talk to them and they show me how to do their updates

BS

Brittny S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

ZoomShift great for volunteer scheduling in addition to employees

The customer service representatives have been super timely in responding to any inquiries and have been incredibly pleasant to work with. I believe the software, combined with the customer experience has made working with ZoomShift a wonderful experience.

Pros

This product is super easy to use, and even if you have zero experience working with a scheduling software, the system is fairly intuitive and makes scheduling volunteers super easy.

Cons

The only feature that we would likely benefit from, would be an option to just post Saturdays on the calendar. We only schedule on Saturdays, so this is super small on the grand scheme of things, but really the only other thing we could benefit from, otherwise, this software has been super efficient for us.

BF

Bill F.

Veterinary, 11-50 employees

Central Veterinary Center/County Line Veterinary Hospital

Not having to do things manually.

Pros

Easy for employees to navigate and understand.

Cons

Needs more PTO features and reporting enhancements

NW

Nicholas W.

I really like the scheduling software a ton. It makes my life easier.

The pros: 1. Super simple to use. 2. Great customer service. 3. Quick to fix & make it right. 4. Always finding easier ways to schedule and work for the employees. The cons: 1. Sometimes the schedule prints out to small. 2. The software will change a ton almost to much at some point it can stay if it works for everyone.

Cons

Nicholas, Thanks for your review and honest feedback! I understand your pain with the schedule printing out too small. We are working on adding a way for users to change the size of the print view. This should help make the print outs work no matter the size of your schedule. Also, as one of the guys who works on the code for ZoomShift everyday, I will admit that it has changed a ton over the past...

MA

Margaret A.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

timesaving software

very positive

Pros

the ability to schedule multiple people over multiple locations with ease- lots of built in copy and past features that save time

Cons

I wish you could add additional users to view only without the additional cost

SG

Scott G.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Used other for 1-2 years

Very happy with ZoomShift. Intuitive interface. Discussion feature is very useful.

Pros

Really simple to communicate with others using the group conversation feature. All it takes is a few clicks. Web-based and mobile app work very well.

Cons

Would love for it to integrate with iCal, Gmail, etc. so all my appointments are in one view. I use the free version so it is possible that this functionality exists with the paid version.

SC

Sara C.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Review for Zoomshift

For some reason Jenny choose this instead of working with Google Calendar. OK. We are here. It is my understanding that you were helpful to Jenny when she was setting it up.

Pros

I like that it shows the amount of money billed per job per week for an employee.

Cons

I would like our cleaners to be able to adjust their own schedules without having to have manager capabilities and seeing others schedules and pay rates. I don't like that it is hard to use on my phone. Yes I can see my shifts, but it is harder to change things.

CP

Carolina P.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Easy Scheduling

Pros

I love how easy it is to set my team's schedule. Our staff also gets notifications of changes and make time-off requests with ease. It is also affordable.

Cons

Nothing. It is perfect for what I need.

SP

SEAN P.

Has made my job so much easier, and faster.

I love the pre-set times that I customized, especially with 3 stores. The request off features makes it a lot faster, along with the availability features. I cannot wait for a mobile app for ZoomShift that is probably the only bad thing I can say, that would help for the employees. They have made it easier to load new emp. into the system, most emp. use ZoomShift to find other emp. phone numbers and e-mail addresses. I have and will continue to tell other managers and business owners about Zoomshift, and how it will simplify their lives!

Cons

Sean, Thanks for the awesome feedback! We love having you as a customer. We are releasing mobile apps for iOS and Android in the next few weeks :). Ben Co-Founder @ ZoomShift

RA

ROBERT A.

This App works Great and support for it is great!

Pros

I can track better my people in the field and at the same time I can see what it is costing. It also helps keep my people in line.

Cons

As the owner, I cant see the full schedule at in one screen on the App. I need to be on the computer and website to see that in full.

RM

Rebecca M.

I liked the earlier versions of zoomshift more. I have been using zoomshift for 3 years

The pros: -quick and easy platform for communication -accesible to everyone The cons: -constantly crashing and loses communication with the server -much more confusing to drop/pick up shifts -frustrating when helpful features were available, then erased, then returned

Cons

Rebecca, Sorry to hear that you liked the old version of ZoomShift more. In an effort to continually make the software more useful we have added new features and redesigned the application a few times. I will reach out to you to chat more about what we can do better. Ben Co-Founder @ ZoomShift

FZ

Fulvio Z.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Fulvio Zanette.

Likes the software visually it is clear. What I don't like is that events that are not complete or even started can not be dragged to the following week . The other issue is adding new sites of customers we have to leave this scheduled screen to install then come back to that screen.

KC

Kelle C.

Retail, 11-50 employees

ZoomShift has helped us!

I have enjoyed the convenience of getting the schedule done and getting it done quickly and out to my employees. The shift reminders are nice as well!

Pros

The convenience of making and posting the schedule.

Cons

How the time offs are set up.

PM

Paul M.

Only about 3 months

Pros: many different views to see the schedule; instant changes so saving isn't necessary if forgotten; discussions options is helpful Cons: cannot copy and paste shifts for identical shifts (that I know of); cannot copy portions of schedules onto future schedules

Cons

Paul, Thanks for the review! You actually can copy and paste shifts, and also copy portions of a schedule from week to week. I will send you a message through the app explaining how to do this. Ben Co-Founder

ab

anslee b.

The program has served a purpose.

The main problem with zoomshift is the inability to choose a specific date/day in a week to change your availability as an employee. If one chooses a day to note about schedule, it changes every date in the future. This is frustrating as an employee.

Cons

Anslee, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! It sounds like you are looking for a feature like Time Offs. I'm going to message you through the app so we can chat. Thanks, Ben Co-Founder

AC

Anthony C.

Consumer Electronics, 11-50 employees

Low Cost, Easy to use

Does pretty much 90% of what I want it to do. Staff is very friendly, even willing to make changes to the software based on feedback and requests. Looking forward to future enhancements without losing sight of the simplicity of the platform.

Pros

ease of use

Cons

would like a few more options, I've given the feedback to the team before

EO

Edward O.

Great for managing large numbers of part time staff

We moved to ZoomShift from a paper based version to help inform 10-15 staff. It gave us the ability to inform all members of staff easily and gave them the ability to check their shifts without having to refer back to the shop. ZoomShift has improved with each update and they are always improving and adding to the system to make it easier to complete time consuming jobs.