ZoomShift Reviews

4.43/5 (70 reviews)

Thea Hamm

Great for Small Business Scheduling

Reviewed 2018-08-26

I run a small business, 3 employees, so a traditional time clock is insane overkill, but I needed something for employees to clock in and out, view their schedules, and make requests. Zoomshift has work really well for us - we have had them for 3 years and I have never questioned about getting rid of the program. Its nice for scheduling on my end, but also notifies the employees of new shifts and shift reminders. Also, if can be app based that my employees just use their phones to clock in and out which can be helpful. Plus there is a GPS feature so employees cannot clock in with their phones if they are not at work - which has helped with a few teen employees in the past. I think for the price it provides great features and has been extremely helpful.

David Shamshiri

Solid Scheduling Software of the 21st Century

Reviewed 2017-01-08

Right off the bat, let me say that I absolutely love this software! Clock in from your phone? Check! Copy schedule templates by week to save time? Check! Assign new positions, locations, and employees on the fly? CHECK! With a feature-rich program that lets you create schedules, approve and review timesheets, and print reports of wages and earnings, there's no management question that ZoomShift can't answer. And if a question or two happens to slip by, rest assured that ZoomShift offers one of the best customer support services I've ever experienced. Just click a bubble on the corner of your screen and a chat bubble pops up, and within moments the team at ZoomShift will shoot back a response to solve any problem you may encounter. It's like instant messaging your best friend in IT. And the 'low cost' to 'feature-rich application' ratio is INCREDIBLY imbalanced in favor of the user. For only a few dollars per employee, gain over 20 different tools and utilizations to help you track time, initiate group discussions, drag and drop employee timeslots, filter by store or employee, it's an all-around MUST for anyone maintaining a business, and a clock-in system setup on your computer or tablet only adds more sweetness in the icing on the cake. It seems like I'm rambling, but there really IS this much to talk about when it comes to ZoomShift. And I swear by my life that I'm not paid or sponsored by ZoomShift at all. These guys deserve some credit for listening to the people that want a complete scheduling workstation. Gone are the days of mentally draining timeslot puzzle solving chores. ZoomShift has clocked in.

Steve Hanson

ZoomShift Helps Make Drama Kids Rock

Reviewed 2019-02-18

We operate an after-school drama program and teach 50+ classes in 40+ elementary schools each week with a part-time staff of 20 teachers. Different class start times, snow days, teacher conference days with no classes and holidays make scheduling our employees a challenge! We began using ZoomShift almost 3 years ago when we started out with just 3 teachers and 5 elementary schools. We know as we grew that scheduling from a spreadsheet would become a nightmare and we needed a tool that would make it simple from the start. ZoomShift was that tool! Our workforce is remote so clocking-in at their assigned location helps us keep track that our teachers are where they are supposed to be!

kevin zieber

zoomshift review

Reviewed 2016-08-15

So far, Zoomshift has had most of what we as a small restaurant group of five different distinct concepts needs. However, there are still a lot of issues with one manager's actions bleeding over and affecting the other restaurants. Customer service has been prompt and helpful most of the time, and it does feel like our suggestions are being taken seriously. I'd still love to see much better siloing and more robust walls between restaurants. I'd like to be able to see only when there is a conflict with employees who work at more than one location, and have the rest of all the information be separated. The filters are useful, but it would be better if there was more separation between locations.

Eugene Rioux

Keeping it real

Reviewed 2018-11-14

Great software with great people, always taking care of the after sales purchase.

Alex Kim

The BEST scheduling software I have ever used!

Reviewed 2016-07-02

I have been using ZOOM-SHIFT for about 6 months now and I have saved so much time in making staff's time sheet. It is so easy to use and I always get a prompt answer on questions I have asked. The customer is excellent and I would really recommend for small businesses.

Laurie Morse

Love this program. It is easy to use and the customer service is fantastic!

Reviewed 2018-07-10

We use Zoomshift seasonal for a public swimming pool. We have over 50 employees. Zoomshift lets us put requested days off in and lifeguards can swap shifts with ease. We love this program.

Sean Payne

Awesome product

Reviewed 2017-02-16

Where do I begin? Great value, it has been such a time saver. The employee's love it, they can check their schedule, ask for time off, swap shift or pick-up shifts from their computer or their phones anywhere anytime.

John Elliott

Super easy to set schedules and keep up with employee information

Reviewed 2018-02-06

Ease of employee management and weekly schedule creation.

Anonymous

Just what you need to be a success

Reviewed 2018-09-06

Timesheet activation can be based off IP so staff have to be onsite before they can check in via web.

Laura Keane

Perfect stop-gap solution

Reviewed 2015-12-17

We are using ZoomShift in the Amazon Books store while we wait for our Kronos implementation to be complete. We started with the scheduling piece, which is very user-friendly/easy to understand and manipulate, and are incorporating the new time clock feature within the next couple of weeks. Our associates use the app to check their schedule and send availability and timeoffs, which they love, and the drag-and-drop scheduling is a hit with our managers. In HR, we love being able to see everything that's going on from anywhere, and the built-in reporting on hours scheduled vs. worked saves us hours of manual work. While ZoomShift doesn't offer every single functionality that we'd like as a big company, it's been great as a stop-gap solution. ZoomShift customer service is the most responsive and helpful I've ever encountered. We're moving fast, and it's so nice to know that anytime we reach out to them we'll have an almost immediate answer and solution. Once, they even built a feature we asked for that they didn't have yet...within one day of us asking about it. I'd highly recommend ZoomShift to anyone looking for a time and attendance system for a small- to mid-sized business.

Nicholas Wilks

I really like the scheduling software a ton. It makes my life easier.

Reviewed 2015-08-19

The pros: 1. Super simple to use. 2. Great customer service. 3. Quick to fix & make it right. 4. Always finding easier ways to schedule and work for the employees. The cons: 1. Sometimes the schedule prints out to small. 2. The software will change a ton almost to much at some point it can stay if it works for everyone.

T Hemm

Great for Small Business

Reviewed 2016-08-07

I really like zoom shift for my small business; it allows me to save money but also have a legit scheduling software. Its layout is very clean and it has some really good training videos and tutorials. I also like that it has 3 tiers for pricing, we are on the move 'expensive' one, but thats less than $20/month.

Dylan Houston

Eased my management pains and let me get back to my job of running an IT Help Desk.

Reviewed 2015-08-19

I employ 20 wonderful student employees, all with ever changing schedules, academic work, clubs and social outings. I use to spend five to six hours a week fussing over the Google Calendar schedule, and when anyone tried to drop/trade/or got sick, scheduling took over my entire work day. Zoomshift changed all of that. I have been a customer for almost three years now and cannot recommend this software enough. Most importantly Zoomshift helps us uphold standards as a work team. There is no longer any doubt that employees know when they work or can check readily. I love Zoomshift because its contribution to my professional life is on par with having hired someone to do my scheduling for me. Sincerely, Dylan Houston, MPA Computer Center Manager The Evergreen State College

Sara Cocke

Review for Zoomshift

Reviewed 2016-08-12

For some reason Jenny choose this instead of working with Google Calendar. OK. We are here. It is my understanding that you were helpful to Jenny when she was setting it up.

Gordon Frey

Surprise new program

Reviewed 2016-11-07

Since I missed all the training on ZoomShift, I really didn't have any problems which a simple question fixed. A straight forward program. I can't rate Value for Money as I have no idea of the cost of the program

Anonymous

Excellent for our escape room business

Reviewed 2018-10-15

When we went from one employee to three, I was looking for an easy and scalable tool that would continue to work for us as we grew. Zoomshift offers exactly what we needed! My favorite features are the Google Calendar integration option, the ability to set shift preferences, and the ease of time off requests. This has been a huge timesaver for me.

Jessica Grahm

A Less Crazy-Making Way of Scheduling

Reviewed 2016-08-09

It's easier to schedule on this than on paper because it has movable parts. Still it can be confusing and I am unhappy that there is no way to call and talk with someone. Emails back and forth are cumbersome when you're trying to fix something in the moment.

Anne Long

Efficient and comprehensive scheduling

Reviewed 2015-08-19

This program is awesome! Zoomshift has allowed us to easily schedule employees, notify them of their shifts, and keep days off all in one place. The web-based nature of the program keeps everyone (managers & employees) on the same page even from remote locations. It also gives us a cross-reference for payroll. Our staffing needs change quickly and Zoomshift has allowed us to operate more efficiently and reduced the amount of time and work necessary to keep the schedule up to date. We have over 75 employees and Zoomshift is a logistical life-saver. I would highly encourage trying this program!

Linley Morgan

Zoomshift review

Reviewed 2017-01-22

As we are a small business we did not want an expensive scheduling system and this was perfect as you pay per user. In saying that it is also easier to use than some of the more expensive systems I tried. Customer support is very quick at responding to any questions I have.

Julia Hell

YWCA Review

Reviewed 2017-01-05

Great customer support. All of my questions have been answered! There are a few functions I wish it had but overall it has helped me to be more efficient when scheduling my staff. My staff love the feature of the app and being able to get alerts on their phones.

SEAN PAYNE

Has made my job so much easier, and faster.

Reviewed 2015-08-19

I love the pre-set times that I customized, especially with 3 stores. The request off features makes it a lot faster, along with the availability features. I cannot wait for a mobile app for ZoomShift that is probably the only bad thing I can say, that would help for the employees. They have made it easier to load new emp. into the system, most emp. use ZoomShift to find other emp. phone numbers and e-mail addresses. I have and will continue to tell other managers and business owners about Zoomshift, and how it will simplify their lives!

Chiharu Grubb

Easy and accessible tool for both employees and employer to help manage scheduling and payroll.

Reviewed 2016-04-01

Zoom shift is a flexible and accessible tool for employees to be able to change their schedule to fit their needs. It's easy to make last minute changes to schedules, adjust employee hours while simultaneously being able to keep track on how much your spending on payroll. They offer exporting tools that are convenient for accounting. Overall i'm very satisfied with the product. The customer service is great, always friendly and checking up answering question and offering tips. It's very affordable for everything that it offers. It's a very user friendly tool that is easy to use for both employees and management. It has taken out all the hassle of scheduling!

ROBERT ARSENAULT

This App works Great and support for it is great!

Reviewed 2018-06-27

I can track better my people in the field and at the same time I can see what it is costing. It also helps keep my people in line.

Sean Ramsey

Employee Empowerment Software

Reviewed 2015-11-04

We started using this program to eliminate the need for a supervisor to manage schedules and time off. Even though we are a small retail shop (6-7 scheduled employees), we use this to execute shift trades and time off. As management, we don't ever want to say NO to anyone who wants/needs time off. This let's the employee take the first step to getting the time off. Now the only time we need to step in is if the shift hasn't been covered and we do that by simply using Zoomshift. Some of the updates have been odd, but the current iteration is fantastic. I look forward to using this product for a long time.

Shannon Gallagher

Great customer service, challenging with all the changes.

Reviewed 2015-08-19

I really enjoy working with Zoomshift and absolutely intend to be a loyal supporter and advocate. As the versions have continued to change, there have been some features that I think are less intuitive to use. The one I can think of off the top of my head is the posting of open shifts and blocking request off dates. I know there are ways to still do this, but they aren't as easy as before.

Kelle Carver

ZoomShift has helped us!

Reviewed 2017-01-05

I have enjoyed the convenience of getting the schedule done and getting it done quickly and out to my employees. The shift reminders are nice as well!

Rafal Zabrocki

Good so far but could have a few improvements

Reviewed 2016-10-12

Zoomshift has worked great for us thus far even though we are using it in a different industry than its intended for. We managed to adjust the features in a way that they seem to work quite well. So far the biggest issue we have is NOT being able to drag shifts from week to week. The monthly view would be great if we could move shifts to another week which happens often in our industry. Another small thing that would be a great feature is the ability to sort locations alphabetically. Besides those 2 things everything has been working quite well.

Brennan Pardee

Very Functional and Attractive Scheduling Tool

Reviewed 2015-08-21

This was designed for restaurants; I am using it to schedule teachers and classes at a private ESL school, and it totally works for our needs. There are a couple restaurant-specific features we don't need, but they don't get in the way. Customer service at ZoomShift is very swift and super friendly.

Edward Willis

Review of zoomshift

Reviewed 2016-08-26

I like the software. It is just sometimes difficult to get a speedy response when needed customer service.

Fulvio Zanette

Fulvio Zanette.

Reviewed 2016-10-13

Likes the software visually it is clear. What I don't like is that events that are not complete or even started can not be dragged to the following week . The other issue is adding new sites of customers we have to leave this scheduled screen to install then come back to that screen.

David Wise

My employees love it!

Reviewed 2016-12-16

I'm currently using this software for over 60 employees. It's incredibly user-friendly. I probably spend about 1-2 minutes explaining how the app works and my employees pick up on it right away. In addition to being a great app, the creators of the app are wonderful. They're very quick to respond if you have any questions or need any help. They're also very receptive to feedback. The versatility of this app is great and I think it works for a wide range of business models. I highly recommend using it!

Darla Koulavong

Simple to use and straight to the point

Reviewed 2016-01-25

I chose Zoomshift over other scheduling software because of the ease of use. The schedules i'm managing change weekly so I love the way I'm able to save a shift templates and just choose which shift is needed day by day. The interface allows me to drag and replace shifts if I accidentally schedule something in the wrong spot, which is helpful when I'm trying not to spend all day on schedules. The customer service is also great, every time I have a question I just chat in and Jon or Ben are super quick to reply back.

chai yin ooi

satisfy user

Reviewed 2016-11-10

easy to use and view. would be helpful if the client is allow to pick the features needed than choosing from the few fixed packages. Bit pricey when the number grow bigger especially for oversea client like me.

Julia McAdams

User-Friendly scheduling

Reviewed 2015-08-19

Zoom shift offers a straightforward venue with easy to-set parameters that make scheduling simple. Vast improvements have been made with the newest version- which was also fine, however this is entirely better. Helpful, fast, and courteous customer service.

Paul Meckler

Only about 3 months

Reviewed 2016-01-09

Pros: many different views to see the schedule; instant changes so saving isn't necessary if forgotten; discussions options is helpful Cons: cannot copy and paste shifts for identical shifts (that I know of); cannot copy portions of schedules onto future schedules

Alex Usasilp

Game Changer

Reviewed 2016-01-26

I'll tell you why. I've been running a small business with 4+ employees for the last 3 years and scheduling labor had always been a huge task. I had no idea this type of software was available. With this software I'm able to bring my labor cost down, organize employees and use less time planning employees scheduling. Over all, this service is awesome. The user interface is clean and simple to use. The pricing doesn't hurt and customer support is on point.

Shelley Christner

Saving time!

Reviewed 2016-06-05

I was searching for a scheduling application for my small business and came across zoomshift, it has helped me to engage my mostly volunteer workforce in the scheduling process in a way that has saved me loads of time and stress. I have appreciated the prompt customer service and ease of use of the application. We have been using zoom shift for two months and are still learning the ins and out of it all, but would recommend it to other small businesses.

Katie Wirt

Great service and easy to use.

Reviewed 2015-08-19

The Zoomshift staff has always been there to answer any question that I may have. Their system is easy to use and streamlined for all of my staff members, regardless of their technological knowledge.

Evie L Tenorio

Use it to schedule our van drivers and who will lock up the facilities as well as the House Manager

Reviewed 2015-08-23

Been getting better and better. So glad we no longer need a magnifying glass to look at the printed schedule! Still learning the ins and outs. Is there a training video? Sorry, I meant to put 3 stars for ease of use. Dumb mouse! :)

Anthony Cuni

Low Cost, Easy to use

Reviewed 2016-10-10

Does pretty much 90% of what I want it to do. Staff is very friendly, even willing to make changes to the software based on feedback and requests. Looking forward to future enhancements without losing sight of the simplicity of the platform.

Cindy Malone

ZoomShift is great!

Reviewed 2015-09-08

I have been using Zoom Shift for awhile at my Ortho office. It very user friendly. We have recently gone through a new version and was very easy to adapt to. The only thing we have experienced on the new version at times when we try to get on is a pop up that says whoops try again later etc... that didn't happen before. It has made scheduling a lot better for me. Yes I would recommend your product to others.

Nicholas Lachapelle

5 Stars isn't enough stars for the level of customer service i receive

Reviewed 2015-11-29

in the restaurant industry it's typical to have a lot university students (at least in my area) and with that comes really messy schedules. Zoomshift gave me the ability to take care of my employees without having to stress. All the hassles of scheduling are taken care of through their system. I'm grateful for the extra time i can spend on the million other tasks i need to worry about.

Edward Ordoyno

Great for managing large numbers of part time staff

Reviewed 2015-09-02

We moved to ZoomShift from a paper based version to help inform 10-15 staff. It gave us the ability to inform all members of staff easily and gave them the ability to check their shifts without having to refer back to the shop. ZoomShift has improved with each update and they are always improving and adding to the system to make it easier to complete time consuming jobs.

Jackie Schon

We love it!!

Reviewed 2015-12-27

I LOVE ZoomShift! I have researched and tried many other scheduling programs and ZoomShift is by far the best. It is easy to use and all of my employees love it. It is completely reliable which has been a problem for us with other programs in the past. It also has made scheduling much easier and quicker. We absolutely love it and I have nothing bad to say about it!

Donald Parsons

Great software to keep track of changing availability and efficiently create schedules.

Reviewed 2015-11-04

I would like to be able to send out emails to employees from within Zoomshift. If there is a way to do this, I am unaware of it. Other than that small "con" the software is great! Very easy to use, makes scheduling very easy and lets you work efficiently. Great for the staff as well to be able to get their schedules and put in requests for time off or trade shifts.

Lisa Whitty

Something to lighten the load!

Reviewed 2016-03-18

ZoomShift is a great way of controlling and organising staff, and keeps an easy to view record of who has done what and when. Clocking in function via the app is brilliant and makes it easy for the staff to use. I've tried a number of other apps and this is the best by far - plus it's developing all the time so will only get better and better!

Anthony Nixon

Easy Management

Reviewed 2017-01-16

This is a great web-based timesheet management tool that provides exactly what we need as a startup. We have been open 11 weeks and have 9 staff and without ZoomShift we would have been subject to creating spreadsheets. The clock in location feature is especially useful.

Lauren Svoboda

Glitches

Reviewed 2015-08-20

The new functionality is great but I constantly get the "Whoops! Something went wrong" error every time I login, and every time I load a shift template it says that some didn't get loaded. I'm constantly refreshing the website. My team has had troubles dropping and picking up shifts which seems to be better in this past release. Overall we like it but the glitches and error messages are very high and frequent.

Tanea Striglers

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING

Reviewed 2015-11-28

They were there every step of the way through installation and they are extremly helpful and freindly. Any request for changes that we've put in have gone through in less than a week! I recommend to any and everyone in need of schedueling software!!!

Geri Damone

This has been a time saver for me, Zoomshift is really the best scheduling software I have found.

Reviewed 2016-03-26

The pros are the ease of scheduling employees, and the feature to have employees give their availability. The con's are the shift swap is not easy to use, unless we are not looking further into it. Overall it is a great program. Thank you!

Amy Johnson

Department Chair

Reviewed 2016-09-28

perfect, excellent, couldn't ask for better... colossal time saver, stupid easy to use...and we're not even using it the way they planned for us to use it...we've morphed it to our own devices and it's brilliant!

Jenice Jones

Reviewed 2015-08-19

Zoom Shift has made scheduling a breeze.

Mirela Dautovic

Very simple to schedule my associates

Reviewed 2015-08-19

Simple because it lets you pre-set times Takes me a fraction of the time to make a whole week schedule

Kristea Cancel

Excellent Tool

Reviewed 2015-09-08

This app is very user friendly and extremely helpful! I tried creating a schedule in a spreadsheet and let's just say, it took me triple the amount of time it takes in Zoomshift. Very grateful for this tool!

Rebecca Martinez

I liked the earlier versions of zoomshift more. I have been using zoomshift for 3 years

Reviewed 2015-08-19

The pros: -quick and easy platform for communication -accesible to everyone The cons: -constantly crashing and loses communication with the server -much more confusing to drop/pick up shifts -frustrating when helpful features were available, then erased, then returned

Sarah Frederick-Reed

ZoomShift has been a big help!

Reviewed 2016-12-23

I like the majority of how ZoomShift operates. I wish, however, the Time Offs were able to be listed differently and make more sense in how it is shown. Otherwise, pretty good overall!

Caitlin Shaw

Saves time making schedules and better attendance records

Reviewed 2017-01-20

Helps our staff with better attendance; easy access to their schedule from anywhere, anytime! Saves time scheduling multiple locations and distributing a schedule to staff.

Rhiannon Eddy

Amazing

Reviewed 2015-08-25

Such a great program, that makes scheduling a breeze

Nate Henry

Product is very easy to use

Reviewed 2016-10-17

We have been using this product for about 2 months and it has been very easy to use. Once some additional features are added the product will be rock solid.

Victor Leathers

Great tool for Business

Reviewed 2017-02-09

ZoomShift is great. It helps the organization of my business. Easy to use as well. I think they should add something in there for revenue

Michael Elliott

Very easy to use and makes scheduling more efficient.

Reviewed 2015-09-09

This is a great product and makes my scheduling quick. My one problem is with the fact that I have to pay for 2 subscriptions within the same group.

Emily Shanaberger

This is a Required Title

Reviewed 2016-10-17

It's been great since my team moved from TESS to ZoomShift. It's been super easy to use and we all enjoy having the change.

Jason Hebert

BB Bridgewater Review

Reviewed 2016-09-30

This is an excellent product for a great value, and we plan to stick with it for the foreseeable future. We did no fill out the customer support section b/c we have not needed it - which inherently makes this product 5 stars.

anslee boozer

The program has served a purpose.

Reviewed 2016-01-02

The main problem with zoomshift is the inability to choose a specific date/day in a week to change your availability as an employee. If one chooses a day to note about schedule, it changes every date in the future. This is frustrating as an employee.

Diana Acevedo

Decent

Reviewed 2015-11-19

It's good. Not as user friendly as I had imagined, but it works.

Joe Kenady

Great software and outstanding customer serverice

Reviewed 2015-09-10

great for managers and employees

Melanie Marte

Understandable

Waiting for the app

Jackie Knapp

Too many changes in a short amount of time

Reviewed 2015-09-09

At first I loved Zoomshift, but as a small buisness owner who wears many hats, it changes too much and I don't have time for the "learning curve." I'm thinking about just doing the schedules the old school way, by hand :(

Geri Peacock

ridiculous

Reviewed 2016-06-20

No support whatsoever. I requested information to work out problems , I received several emails wondering how our service was going none of which ever responded to my questions . Our employees received their alert for their shifts and hour after their shift began. Utterly ridiculous service.