Applied Epic

Business management system for insurance agencies

Applied Epic Reviews

Katie M.

I think the managerial positions like this platform a bit more than the day-to-day salesman. It can run a lot of useful reports and does a great job with lead management.

Colle H.

I enjoy the tasks that you can place inside each activity to remind you of your step in the process. The home screen is amazing to work off of everyday.

Angela K.

Cons

This system also does not allow for errors. Once data is entered it is really hard, inconvenient or not able to be fixed.

Teela B.

The certificate process is redundant. The box checking is ridiculous.

Danielle D.

Best P&C Insurance Tool on the Market

Pros

Epic is an easy tool to use whether you’re using the service side, admin/reporting side or using the accounting features. Since working at my current company, I’ve used it for all three. It’s structured and easy to train on.

Cons

I wish that Epic had a better Benefits setup. I’m hopeful that with the recent purchase of TechCanary Applied will be able to provide a better Benefits tool.

Tough to learn, lots of great tools

After getting used to the new work flow created with this platform I thought it was great for lead management and reminders for daily tasks. It was not the most friendly for the sales process when it came to wanting to quickly go through your work flow.

Pros

Cons

It took a while to learn and get into a good work flow. There are a lot of extra steps added in the sales process to appropriately document that I think could be better streamlined.

Amazing Software

My overall experience with Applied Epic is amazing. It is a dependable software that allows brokers to operate at maximum efficiency and accuracy.

Pros

I love that this software will allow you to set up your entire days to do list on the front screen. It keeps track of all the documents and emails in one place for each client. It also allows me to help my coworkers out on files by giving me a broad scope of what is going on with the file.

Cons

There really isn't anything that I don't like about EPIC. I find it to be a great help when going about my day and very effective in the industry.

Best of the Available Agency Management Systems

Over all I think EPIC s ok, but it clearly does not live up to its name as being "EPIC" Personally I think that Vision did many things better then EPIC, specifically when it comes to search ability of attachments.

Pros

I like how EPIC has built upon its predecessors TAM, Applied and Vision so that some of your past experience on their older systems can be applied to the new system. Attachments and emails are very easy to add to the system to be stored.

Cons

Many features in EPIC are worse than they were in previous versions. 1 - Attachment Folders were much better in Vision then Epic. Easier to find files than it is now 2 - canceling a policy in Epic does not change the expiration date on the policy in Epic as it historically did in Vision. 3- The attachment sorting and search function is worse now then in Vision. 4 - Many functions within policy acords...

EPIC

experience with EPIC was ehhhh… sometimes better than others... Buttt we had an awesome sales gal and she always made sure to listen to us and fully understand what was going on. If there was an issue, she made sure to get it corrected.

Pros

We have 2 agencies and moving to EPIC we were able integrate both, yet still keeping the separate.. giving all employees access to everything in one place.

Cons

We had a lot of issues with downloads, because we have 2 agencies. There was so much set up to go through and it was a process that took more time than anything.

I used this program at a different job.

Pros

This is, by far, the best Insurance Agency Management Software! Everything is easily accessed. Great integration with email services. Extremely organized layout. I miss using this product and will certainly advocate it at every step I am able.

Cons

I dislike the fact that my current employer is not using this fantastic program. As mentioned above, I will advocate for the use of this product at every step! Great job Applied.

Applied Epic for Commercial Insurance

Pros

It is user friendly and easy to navigate.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to search for a customer by partial policy number if you do not have access to the full policy number. Also, it seems to crash quite a bit

Applied Epic

We are happy with Epic, it does its job well.

Pros

We use this software for business everyday. It is easy to use, and have a lot of function to manage all the accounts we have on file, attach emails and keep record of every transactions.

Cons

It is not that easy to use and master. We spent 6 months to learn and master the system. It could be more user friendly, than more complicate functions.

Great Insurance Platform

Overall the product does what we need and offers more than enough data management to help with all of our services.

Pros

It takes some time to learn the system, but the more I use it the more I like it. My agency has been running with this since I came on board and it has some really great features.

Cons

As much as I like the product it does require thorough training. I had to take thorough notes and spend quite a few hours of due diligence to figure out some of the basic functions.

Management System

It saved us some time but not having to use another window to access the clients policy

Pros

I liked the ease of being able to access the clients carrier right from their screen without getting out

Cons

It was difficult to login sometimes and it would log you out after time of in activity and then you had to log in again

Epic will transform the way your agency operates.

Overall Epic is what I would consider the best in the industry. They continue to reinvest in the platform and build or acquire companies that will complement the platform. They have purchased IVANS to help with download which works well with Epic. Indio was recently purchased to help with application completion and eSignatures as well as vehicle, drivers, and equipment schedule reviews. Epic is fast and lightweight to install and use on Windows computers. We have had a really great experience using this software and we have no plans of switching from Applied Systems Epic anytime soon or probably ever.

Pros

We used Applied Systems TAM for many years and Epic was such a needed upgrade. With Epic all of the limitation and hurdles you had in TAM were gone and a ton of new features were instantly available. The product keeps getting better year after year. The 2019 release brought in lot of new tools one of which was being able to change producer commission with a reassign utility. Doing something like...

Cons

The biggest down side to Epic is the amount of time and money it takes to migrate from your old management system to Epic. Even if you were starting out brand new there is a lot of initial software configuration required to get the system up and running. Things like when these system events happen what else should happen, and activity defaults need to be configured, the list goes on and on. However,...

Applied EPIC 2018

I've used Applied products before, and EPIC with a prior agency. When we moved to EPIC with my current agency, we were coming from an antiquated system, that was very cumbersome and not at all user friendly. We also had to have separate rating system, separate document management system, and were unable to download with most carriers. Now with EPIC, we download with most of our carriers, documents and rating are all handled within EPIC. It has really made servicing our clients much more efficient. Finding information is also greatly improved. Everyone is very happy we made the switch. I do recommend Applied EPIC to everyone!

Pros

It's user friendly. New staff can get up and running within a short time. They have great on-boarding training on-line. The product can be set up the way the agency wants to use it. After the online training is completed, we just need to fill in the agency specifics for our agency. Everything is contained in the one product. Client and Policy details, document management, rating for PL, follow...

Cons

No system is perfect. There are some documents that we would like to use in EPIC that have check boxes, but when we put them in EPIC, the check box functionality is disabled. The reporting can be a bit overwhelming as a new user. It takes time and working with it to get comfortable. There are other hiccups as well, but overall, we're still very happy with our decision.

Why Applied Epic over all others

Transitioning from Applied Agency Manager (TAM) to Epic was not a quick process, it was often times painful but I can honestly say 18 months later, it is worth it from all angles (service, production and management). The support network (which you must choose on your own to use) in place to assist you in any avenue is superior to all other products I am aware of, you just have to make sure you are taking advantage of them.

Pros

My most favorite parts of the software center around the built in workflows and the ability to keep the "story" of an item, the account, a renewal etc. all together in one place. It takes a lot of time to set the system up correctly when you migrate to Applied Epic, but 18 months later, we have received wonderful feedback from an outside consultant about how we are using the system properly, the way it was intended. If you are not using it the way it was meant to be used, you are not going to reap the benefits of what the software really are.

Cons

My least favorite piece of the software are the reports/report layouts. It takes a lot of practice, use and analytical thinking to piece together the reports you need into a format that is most useful for you. It is rare that one report will provide the information needed but rather a combination/review of two or more reports to get to the data you really want...such as retention. That being said, I do believe Applied has helped eliminate the reporting frustration through their Applied Analytics tool.

Pro Epic

I have been very happy with Epic and its ease of use. Coming from a much older operating system this one is amazing!!! The help that is available by just giving them a call is also fantastic. Applied is great at getting back to you with any issues and offering solutions and fixing the issue.

Pros

It is ever evolving. I love that Epic understands what we as users need and what the experience our customer need and want to have. I love that the system has many AUTO features that can work in the background. The fact that I don't have to drag and drop emails in all day is awesome. You send the direct from Epic and the email is automatically attached. I like the text feature. That is not utilized in our office however I do think it is something that can and should be used.

Cons

My least favorite thing is also a Pro but some times can be a huge flaw. Cloud based!!! Great for most of the time But.... the moment the internet goes out we are dead in the water and can not answer any calls.

Highs and Lows

Applied has the best support and if you don't think that is important try living without it after you become accustom to having it, I did and spent several thousand dollars to come back to Applied. The speed and quality of the answers from their staff is second to none. The cost of Applied is not cheap but neither is the quality of the product and service. Except for a short while ( which I regret) we have been using them since 1990 and I can't ever see us leaving.

Pros

The software is very comprehensive and will do virtually anything you need to do for your agency except payroll. The work flow is logical and records all information you need to provide service to your clients as well as protect the agency from E&O. Downloads work very well and save a lot of time.

Cons

It has a lot of controls some of what I think is redundancy. I may feel this way because we are a small agency and it is built to serve all. I would like to see a payroll section, Quick books seems to be able to handle it with no problem at a low cost.

Worth the switch but you need patience

Our president loves the sales pipeline. It gives him the opportunity to visually SEE what the sales people are doing on a weekly basis which he loves. If you want to grow your sales and see exactly what's going on with each sales opportunity then EPIC is the way to go.

Pros

I like that with the sales part of EPIC, you can customize to exactly how your agency handles it's sales pipeline... it's NOT one size fits all... you can adjust how many stages in the sales pipeline, what the stages are called, reasons for not getting a sale, etc. I also like the quick reports. I have so many people who ask me for reports all the time. I don't want them to access to run reports but I can set up the report they want and send that report to them so they can run it whenever they want.

Cons

On the accounting side, it's very unforgiving... you have to do things exactly EPIC's way and that can be VERY confusing in the beginning since its so different from TAM especially how commissions are entered. So you must be patient, go slowly and don't try to rush because then you create more problems. Also, make sure your accounting dept is fully involved in the configuration... ours wasn't and it created a lot of problems in the beginning that we're still sorting out.

Worth the switch from TAM

We are nearing 8 months post activation and finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel and overall benefits. Lots of customization appeal that we hadn’t had before, and the system allows ease of attachments and data sharing that we didn’t have before. Customer support and on boarding/pre configuration could used some improvement.

Pros

Epic is much more comprehensive than its predecessor TAM, and a much more interactive user experience. I am able to customize the system much more than before, both on an individual and administrative level. On the admin side, we were able to set various security groups, and select user/department access as visibility which had previously been more difficult in TAM

Cons

Customer support is tough, and getting the right answer depends on who answers the call. There was also a large learning curve in the beginning, and the on boarding provided by Applied was not as comprehensive as I believe was necessary. Also, it was sold to us with capabilities for a Benefits system, which is not quite the case and had to be built out on our own. The biggest complaints from our account managers were the number of generated activities and tasks, in addition to system locks.

Epic-Review

Epic has really streamlined a lot of our work load, and automated much of it. the downloads have everything on our system easily and accurately

Pros

I like how once you a familiar with epic there are many useful tools with it and how it flows, the ability to move files within in just a few clicks Epic is great. The integration of client detail on to the documents your preparing is a great time saver as well. Also loving the ability to copy and paste off of attachments, once I have a bill of sale there is no need to type out the vin# several times as i'm processing my changes.

Cons

Really I don't find anything I would call negative about Epic, although it really took a while to get use to the program and all its features, I certainly felt like I was little overwhelmed at first, but now I would not want to go back to our old system.

Applied Epic is a Must Have for our Office

Applied holds a conference every year. This conference allows agencies to learn new things, new tips & tricks. The number of learning sessions offered during the 4 day event is unbelievable. In addition, Applied has it's own client support group called Applied Client Network. This network allows anyone to reach out for help from other end users. Of course Applied has its own IT Dept, but sometimes it's nice to talk something thru with other agencies.

Pros

We transitioned to Applied Epic from another Applied product, and our office loves it. Epic is truly a windows based program and can integrate with different products and software from other vendors. Plus it can be customized to your agency's specific needs. It's a must have for any agency looking to remain relevant in our digit world.

Cons

Applied Epic has some built in "hard" limitations. I understand that those limitations are built into the program to keep everything consistent, I just wish that as the system admin I could override certain things and make it do what I want it to do.

Our company recently transferred to Applied Systems EPIC and it has streamlined our whole company.

It benefits our whole company by helping us streamline our processes and implement strategies that benefit us and our clients in so many ways.

Pros

We recently changed over to EPIC. It did have a few bumps along the way but the customer support was A+ and they sent us support to train us in person which was a HUGE help so that we could all train and learn properly and have a real person explain things to us. The program does help us streamline our processes and keep up with our clients so much easier. We can send out emails for business as well as to send holiday and birthday greetings/coupons and out clients do appreciate it. We can keep track of notes on each client as we service them and attaching documents couldn't be easier! We needed something like this and the name EPIC is perfect for this program.

Cons

There are the usual bumps along the way when you are learning a new program, but the customer service is what really made the transition smooth.

Easy to use and great to work in

Overall outstanding

Pros

It makes tracking our accounts easy and it is very user friendly

Cons

Tedious to do accords- other software much easier on this particular feature

Applied EPIC Review

I definitely prefer Applied TAM over EPIC. TAM is so much easier to use and way less steps

Pros

There isn't a whole lot I like about this software. Way too many steps involved in each process

Cons

You can't just "endorse" a policy without having to go through numerous steps. Having to "submit, leave in process or issue" and endorsement or policy is an extra step that you shouldn't have to go through. We shouldn't have to "endorse" a policy to amend a date of birth or change the spelling of a driver's name. Way too many steps to cancel a policy. We should be able to make simple changes without having to endorse, then update to submitted, then issue. Way too many steps for simple tasks that actually don't involve an actual endorsement

A Must Have for Agents that do alot of Marketing

I like the product. It's like TAM 2.0. It's a must have if you are doing alot of marketing within your agency.

Pros

I love the marketing capabilities. You are easily able to input and track which markets you have sent accounts out to and what has come back. It helps alot when you are working with a team and someone needs to handle your accounts when you are out of the office.

Cons

Sometimes the fields and screens can be confusing especially when you are still learning the software. It helps when the administrator can remove unnecessary steps/screens you don't need to use.

Functional in some ways

Pros

It is user friendly. Clear and easy to understand. The reports are nice to have.

Cons

The certificate process is redundant. The box checking is ridiculous. Everything takes 3x as long. The accounting is not fun either.

Epic Review

Epic has been great for our agency because we can customize things for our program. We write a specialty insurance program, so other softwares don't work for us. Epic does work for us because we have the customizable features that we can gear for what we need.

Pros

I like the customizable features you have the ability to do. I like how it does not look you in to a set way of doing things. As well as Custom Forms, they are truly so beneficial to specialty programs.

Cons

One of the cons is the cost of the software. It is a big pill to swallow, but if you use the features, it is well worth it in the end.