Applied Epic Logo

Applied Epic

Your Indispensable Technology Partner.

Applied Epic Reviews

4.2

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.12/10

Reviews by rating

I have been very happy with Epic and its ease of use. Coming from a much older operating system this one is amazing!!! The help that is available by just giving them a call is also fantastic.
I think the managerial positions like this platform a bit more than the day-to-day salesman. It can run a lot of useful reports and does a great job with lead management.
This system also does not allow for errors. Once data is entered it is really hard, inconvenient or not able to be fixed.
The certificate process is redundant. The box checking is ridiculous.
Sometimes the fields and screens can be confusing especially when you are still learning the software.

RB

Rebecca B.

Broker

Insurance, 1,001-5,000 employees

Amazing Software

Transcript

Speaker 1: I'm Rebecca. I am an insurance broker. I would give Applied Epic a five. And for more reviews,...

RS

Robert S.

Highs and Lows

Applied has the best support and if you don't think that is important try living without it after you become accustom to having it, I did and spent several thousand dollars to come back to Applied. The speed and quality of the answers from their staff is second to none. The cost of Applied is not cheap but neither is the quality of the product and service. Except for a short while ( which I regret) we have been using them since 1990 and I can't ever see us leaving.

Pros

The software is very comprehensive and will do virtually anything you need to do for your agency except payroll. The work flow is logical and records all information you need to provide service to your clients as well as protect the agency from E&O. Downloads work very well and save a lot of time.

Cons

It has a lot of controls some of what I think is redundancy. I may feel this way because we are a small agency and it is built to serve all. I would like to see a payroll section, Quick books seems to be able to handle it with no problem at a low cost.

DC

Denise C.

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Worth the switch but you need patience

Our president loves the sales pipeline. It gives him the opportunity to visually SEE what the sales people are doing on a weekly basis which he loves. If you want to grow your sales and see exactly what's going on with each sales opportunity then EPIC is the way to go.

Pros

I like that with the sales part of EPIC, you can customize to exactly how your agency handles it's sales pipeline... it's NOT one size fits all... you can adjust how many stages in the sales pipeline, what the stages are called, reasons for not getting a sale, etc. I also like the quick reports. I have so many people who ask me for reports all the time. I don't want them to access to run reports but I can set up the report they want and send that report to them so they can run it whenever they want.

Cons

On the accounting side, it's very unforgiving... you have to do things exactly EPIC's way and that can be VERY confusing in the beginning since its so different from TAM especially how commissions are entered. So you must be patient, go slowly and don't try to rush because then you create more problems. Also, make sure your accounting dept is fully involved in the configuration... ours wasn't and it created a lot of problems in the beginning that we're still sorting out.

KT

Kathryn T.

Used other for 2+ years

EPIC- Convoluted Workflow- Dressed Up Old Engine Developed before the Internet

Poorly instructed migration requiring tiered demographics, poor training and user manual requiring numerous updates and rewrites, limited application integration for modern lines, poor download capture with limited data. Cost- quality poor.

Pros

Nested Folder display easily customized. Easy correction of wrongly attached attachments.

Cons

Marketing module is absurdly combersome. Mapping of data fields to proposal is absurdly constructed. Antiquated database developed in 1989-1992 originally designed for back-end insurance company use, repackaged for agencies is an exorbetently priced, heavily indexed, string written shell and a space intensive dinosaur that server farms have to double mirror to handle and local servers just croak. Downloads...

Worth the switch from TAM

We are nearing 8 months post activation and finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel and overall benefits. Lots of customization appeal that we hadn’t had before, and the system allows ease of attachments and data sharing that we didn’t have before. Customer support and on boarding/pre configuration could used some improvement.

Pros

Epic is much more comprehensive than its predecessor TAM, and a much more interactive user experience. I am able to customize the system much more than before, both on an individual and administrative level. On the admin side, we were able to set various security groups, and select user/department access as visibility which had previously been more difficult in TAM

Cons

Customer support is tough, and getting the right answer depends on who answers the call. There was also a large learning curve in the beginning, and the on boarding provided by Applied was not as comprehensive as I believe was necessary. Also, it was sold to us with capabilities for a Benefits system, which is not quite the case and had to be built out on our own. The biggest complaints from our account managers were the number of generated activities and tasks, in addition to system locks.

SC

Sheila C.

Epic-Review

Epic has really streamlined a lot of our work load, and automated much of it. the downloads have everything on our system easily and accurately

Pros

I like how once you a familiar with epic there are many useful tools with it and how it flows, the ability to move files within in just a few clicks Epic is great. The integration of client detail on to the documents your preparing is a great time saver as well. Also loving the ability to copy and paste off of attachments, once I have a bill of sale there is no need to type out the vin# several times as i'm processing my changes.

Cons

Really I don't find anything I would call negative about Epic, although it really took a while to get use to the program and all its features, I certainly felt like I was little overwhelmed at first, but now I would not want to go back to our old system.

PC

Patti C.

Applied Epic is a Must Have for our Office

Applied holds a conference every year. This conference allows agencies to learn new things, new tips & tricks. The number of learning sessions offered during the 4 day event is unbelievable. In addition, Applied has it's own client support group called Applied Client Network. This network allows anyone to reach out for help from other end users. Of course Applied has its own IT Dept, but sometimes it's nice to talk something thru with other agencies.

Pros

We transitioned to Applied Epic from another Applied product, and our office loves it. Epic is truly a windows based program and can integrate with different products and software from other vendors. Plus it can be customized to your agency's specific needs. It's a must have for any agency looking to remain relevant in our digit world.

Cons

Applied Epic has some built in "hard" limitations. I understand that those limitations are built into the program to keep everything consistent, I just wish that as the system admin I could override certain things and make it do what I want it to do.

JF

Jeanie F.

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Our company recently transferred to Applied Systems EPIC and it has streamlined our whole company.

It benefits our whole company by helping us streamline our processes and implement strategies that benefit us and our clients in so many ways.

Pros

We recently changed over to EPIC. It did have a few bumps along the way but the customer support was A+ and they sent us support to train us in person which was a HUGE help so that we could all train and learn properly and have a real person explain things to us. The program does help us streamline our processes and keep up with our clients so much easier. We can send out emails for business as well as to send holiday and birthday greetings/coupons and out clients do appreciate it. We can keep track of notes on each client as we service them and attaching documents couldn't be easier! We needed something like this and the name EPIC is perfect for this program.

Cons

There are the usual bumps along the way when you are learning a new program, but the customer service is what really made the transition smooth.

RB

Rebecca B.

Insurance, 1,001-5,000 employees

Amazing Software

My overall experience with Applied Epic is amazing. It is a dependable software that allows brokers to operate at maximum efficiency and accuracy.

Pros

I love that this software will allow you to set up your entire days to do list on the front screen. It keeps track of all the documents and emails in one place for each client. It also allows me to help my coworkers out on files by giving me a broad scope of what is going on with the file.

Cons

There really isn't anything that I don't like about EPIC. I find it to be a great help when going about my day and very effective in the industry.

Epic rev

Pros

I like the following information in regards to the use of Applied Epic: Lookup features, modern look, sign on ease, online training, Sales dashboard. Also I like how the certificates can be renewed and to choose to carry over the holders.

Cons

There are several things that can be complicated. For receipts of payments, I do not like having to enter the same information (check #, payment amount, company) multiple times. The fax is harder to use due to having to choose from information in the system only. The premiums do not show properly on the screen. When attaching a document to an activity, it does not show it also that you attached it. It does not show the company on an activity on the home screen. This is important for me as for some activities you have to check on them in the company and I like to group it together.

Some Good Features But Expensive

Customer service has been exceptional but the quality of the product is poor and it is likely that we will change to another system within the 18 months.

Pros

There a great many reports available and the ability to search for clients is almost limitless.

Cons

The software is slow and cumbersome. Many features that were promised are either not available in Canada or simply do not exist. You should also have a staff of IT professionals on call to sort out the various problems that arise.

LG

Lisa G.

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Easy to use and great to work in

Overall outstanding

Pros

It makes tracking our accounts easy and it is very user friendly

Cons

Tedious to do accords- other software much easier on this particular feature

DS

Dee S.

EPIC Review from Marketing Perspective

I've been using the system since 12/19/18 and feel I could be more productive than what I am. I don't feel I'm using the system as well as I could. I was disappointed with the training. I am more a hands-on learner vs. watching someone show us how to do things on the screen.

Pros

I primarily use the marketing tools. I like where you can send out submissions all at once and can personalize each cover memo. I feel that I do not use the system as well as I could. At times I feel there are more steps than are necessary. However, this could because I'm not using as well as I should.

Cons

I feel the system could have better search capabilities. In our previous system with Applied you could do a multi search such as looking for submission; endorsements; experience mods, etc. all at the same time.

JS

Jean S.

The best Agency Management System

The reporting in epic is top notch. The reports give us a great advantage in running our business.

Pros

The reporting capability. I chose this product over others because accurate reporting is most important to us. Also the customer service is live and immediate. They are great.

Cons

I don't like that I can't get a report (like I had in TAM) where it annualizes 6 month policies for me. I have to pull the entire book of business into a spreadsheet and annualize the 6 month policies myself. I don't understand why TAM could do it but Epic can't, it's ridiculous.

KD

Kim D.

Applied Epic Review

Overall, I have not had any major problems with Applied Epic. It is not hard to learn how to utilize all the Applied Epic offers in our everyday business.

Pros

I like the ease of navigating in Applied Epic. I do accounting as well as account manager on the insurance side. The general ledger is thorough on disbursements and generating deposits. I also like that we can generate accurate accounting reports.

Cons

A small problem I have is not being able to delete an attachment or activity.

AV

Amber V.

Used other for 6-12 months

Better for P & C than employee benefits

While I'm sure that the information it required was beneficial to someone in the company, it frustrated account management staff due to the length of time needed for one/any kind of task.

Pros

It's in depth information that you could supply on both the client and then any client contacts pertaining to the group. I like that you could check off if the client prefers phone calls over emails, etc.

Cons

The system is geared towards P & C Benefits, not for employee benefits. Many of the fields are not necessary in the benefit world and vice versus many fields that could/should be available are not. Each section took a long time to complete. For example, entering in any notes or loading in employee's enrollment forms - you would have to input specific fields in order proceed to next specific field. If you didn't know a field or it didn't apply, you cannot leave it blank - something must be input. On the same thread, it seems you have to by-pass three info screens in order to input ONE easy thing. Each task is overwhelmed with info needed to be input.

SB

Shelly B.

Applied EPIC

I have had no issues in using EPIC at this time.

Pros

My favorite thing about EPIC is the marketing platform! I love that you can tailor each submission for each carrier.

Cons

I would like to see a way to label multiple lines of the same type of coverage to differentiate each one in the master marketing submission. This would make it easier to choose the correct application when dividing into individual submissions.

DT

Diane T.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

Good system to get a quick price indication from a number of companies.

Fast price indication and a point in the right direction for which carrier to go to.

Pros

Transfer data input into agency management system. Quick buttons take you to the google map, Zillow and the property appraiser website.

Cons

Tends to lock up and stop working. RCE is much higher than most of my carriers. The Home Estimates shows only a few of my carriers.

LS

Laurie S.

Insurance, 201-500 employees

EPIC is great for working anywhere

I have been working on EPIC for 4 years, switched from TAM, very easy to use and E&O friendly.

Pros

I like that you can't make any changes without it being documented in the system and that you can do searches in the attachments & activities

Cons

I do not like to email option within EPIC or the proof of Insurance options, it can be quite confusing

LD

L D.

Great Product!

Our agency has really boomed since we moved to this product!! It really is easy to use!

Pros

I love the ease of use and the functionality of this program! I also like the options of filing and organizing within the program.

Cons

Evidence of Property certificates are not very user friendly. I also don't like that I can't amend notes added.

AS

Andrew S.

EPIC

Best insurance agency management system I have ever used.

Pros

Great management system that's clear and easy to use. I am able to run accurate sales reports and log any tasks and notes.

Cons

Some of the functions are irreversible and at times that can be infuriating. Especially when upstaging to submitted status.

CO

Colby O.

Functional interface

The ability to communicate between employees is huge. We no longer have to worry about keeping up with what others do if they are gone because the notes are easy to find and read.

Pros

The usability of the program in comparison to our old software. We used TAM before, and it was pointless for me as a producer.

Cons

The only thing i don't like about this from a producer stand point is the repetitiveness. It seems like we go in and repeat everything multiple times.

PA

Paige A.

So much more to offer

I have used Epic for a multitude of things while in my time here at the agency and there is still so much to learn. A lot of the capabilities are there, but there are some that aren't. Additionally, there are a lot of unused functions within our use of the system, which are actually replaced by other programs. Easier navigation of these functions may allow Epic to be a one stop shop rather than using multiple programs.

Pros

Once the procedures are followed, it's almost a no brainer to see why it was created like that.

Cons

The manual is not exactly helpful. It would be better if it was written in layman's language, rather than super detailed systematic language.

GD

Gina D.

Applied Epic Review

I'm not sure I have realized any benefit yet but then again we haven't been using it that long.

Pros

I do like the fact that you can set tasks within activities and that attachments can be stored in folders and subfolders.

Cons

Trying to run a report is not easy at all and usually requires a call into Applied and a lot of the times even Applied isn't sure how to run them. It was much easier to run reports in TAM. The annualized premium field never being accurate and some work flow functions that do not make sense like not being able to edit more than one attachment at a time.

MT

Maddie T.

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Great product for integrating all of our work

Pros

Integrates all of our work (invoicing, documents, letters, attachments, etc) in one place

Cons

Can be slow/ freeze at times and have delayed uploading for documents

Insurance, 11-50 employees

EPIC is the best client management system

Being able to customize activities to our specific needs and have the follow up activities on a daily basis keeps me on track every day.

Pros

Ease of use and ability to track everything daily

Cons

Too many options, may ways to do the same thing