Powtoon Reviews

4.48/5 (216 reviews)

Randy Yang

Great Features and Easy to Use

Reviewed 2019-08-28

Overall, I am satisfied with this tool. It has some minor issues, but none of those issues are deal breakers for me.

Patti Schulz

Fun and easy to use

Reviewed 2017-01-24

I am an instructional designer/developer and I use PowToon as part of eLearning courses and to communicate changes to end users. The premade templates make PowToon really easy to use. I find a look I like then modify with my content. Each template has its own music but I may upload my own music and upload images to personalize the video even more. If I have a question, I can chat directly with the support team (and I have had lots of questions). I had some trouble understanding the timing of objects when I first started. (Hint: where the thumbnail displays on the time line has Nothing to do with the exit time) and was frustrated by the lack of technical information about how the product works. This is because they depend on their support team to help users. Generally this is good but I would like to see Some documentation, even if it were just voiceovers on a PowToon to explain something. I found using a PowToon to communicate a recent system change to end users resulted in about a 70% view rate instead of a close to 10% read rate for just an email for a previous communication. I host the video on our SharePoint site and provide a link so it's easy to track the views. I just extended my subscription for another year and look forward to new features, new images, and new templates.

My favorite presentation software

Reviewed 2018-01-16

We make a lot of marketing videos, and this software makes it very easy to throw together a high-quality presentation very quickly, saving time and money in design work.

Jefry Nivia

Easy Presentations

Reviewed 2019-06-20

From my experience with the program I can say that I have not had greater difficulties than to find myself a little disoriented at first, but thanks to its easy use and interactivity, I can learn at once and I can create my video. I would say that I would have difficulty uploading or sharing the video, because there are not enough options or the ones I want are blocked and I must pay. It would be good if the tool would allow you to share those videos over Whatsapp for free.

Mich Michaud

Powtoons is Amazing

Reviewed 2019-10-15

I have created dozens of videos for internal comms, advertising, recruiting and training. It has made my life so easy and with great reward and outcome.

Binyamin Klempner

Expected A Lot But Disappointed

Reviewed 2019-02-10

If you are somebody who is moderately gifted/skillful in animation or you are committed to the learning curve demanded of Powtoon it is a great, and I could see it as being a really fun, animation marketing platform.

Deepika Sareen

Great to use

Reviewed 2018-12-09

Being a graphic designer, I use this for animated videos & presentations almost everyday. powtoon has so many templates & animation effects which make it very useful to make quick videos. I love this software because it has a clean interface. Colors & design are very user friendly . I would recommend this product to everyone who wants to make animated videos & presentations.

Making presentations fun

Reviewed 2018-10-14

I used Powtoon for many school presentations where the assignment was to make ad campaigns or short promos. Yes, Powtoon can make a presentation exciting enough to look like a commercial. I LOVE this software. It’s so usable and full of many features. It is handy for so many purposes and will certainly do the trick if you’re not interested in researching clunkier software with a bigger learning curve.

ulises morales

Animated, creative and unique videos to develop your ideas

Reviewed 2018-06-28

An educator should always be preparing and never stop studying or preparing. That is why whenever I can take a course I do it in this case it was an elearning course and I was presented with this tool and from that moment on every occasion I can use it I develop my videos through it.

Anonymous

Quick and dirty explainer in an afternoon

Reviewed 2019-08-01

My assistant was able to make some pretty cool videos very quickly, despite limited technical experience with video creation. The tool presents a variety of diverse characters with stock animations for different moods or actions (e.g., explaining, gesturing angrily, looking bored). The audio recording tool allows you to retry if you're unhappy with a take, and was reasonably painless to use. The animations were simple to string together but more visually interesting than what you can produce in PowerPoint. We created a lesson plan for instructors to use where the learners responded using PowToon projects, and these were a hit. It gives them an alternative way to communicate their ideas and again, is quite easy to use.

Linda Burns, CHI

I've been using Powtoon since it was in BETA. I use for both my business and the classroom

Reviewed 2018-02-28

Powtoon gave me the ability to create engaging content for my students. I've used it to create lessons in both a brick and mortar classroom as well as for online curriculum. I also use it for content on my Youtube channel.

Anonymous

Once you get the hang of it!

Reviewed 2018-11-12

The resources are constantly evolving - it's like i have a new bag of tricks every time I go to design with it. New layouts, fonts, images, etc. make everything really fun to use and fun for my clients to engage with. It is an easy way to inexpensively produce microlearning - added bonus that its visible without an LMS and can be used on the go. If you are experienced in Adobe Captivate, this design format would be very similar to the layers found in eLearning design - only in video layout.

Ana hernandez p.

I love how the presentations are, although it is not as fast to learn how to use it as I expected.

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-06-21

what most took advantage of this application was the use of storyboard because I did not have much knowledge in making animations of this type.

Barbara Schüßler

its so easy, and ist's fun! Best video animation software for beginners (& pros)

Reviewed 2019-03-10

It's hatd to get attention these days! Powtoon is a perfect tool for smaller and medium companies to create social media content or explainer videos without spending too much time and money.

Anonymous

A new, creative way to do aid presentations

Reviewed 2018-02-08

Great for aiding presentations

Anonymous

Fun way to create presentations that really grab people’s attention

Reviewed 2018-08-04

We all think it’s a really a fun and simple way to create professional-looking videos and infographics even for people without any design or technical background. If you’re familiar with PowerPoint, then it’s really easy to learn Powtoon but the result is something with a little more oomph.The presentations look very interesting and engaging with lots of nice options for backgrounds and animation. There are also pre-made templates available which look really appealing and are highly customizable. There are plenty of tutorials available on the site and they break it down into bite-sized pieces. I also love the fact that I can chat directly with their customer support for help whenever a question or issue comes up.

Alicia Thomas

Used a handful of times

Reviewed 2019-09-16

I have only used this system a few times here and there as an aid to presentations. I have seen many others who seem more skilled with the system and always enjoy the videos.

Nick Amaral

Animations Made Easy

Reviewed 2018-10-31

Overall, a great addition to the education tech toolbox. Helps turn more basic presentations into something more engaging and interactive. Really supplements traditional presentations.

Jen Cosgrove

Fantastic - has helped me connect with customers in an awesome format!

Reviewed 2018-03-27

Create products that I can sell that are really fun to create!

Reshma Aziz Khan

FANTASTIC!

Reviewed 2018-02-23

We are able to better communicate about our change process with our teams throughout the world, and that in turn has helped us move forward!

Hanaa Ibham

The best video creating software for beginner!

Reviewed 2019-07-29

It is one of the best investments we have made. It is very convenient and a good platform to training as well.

Mindy Kimmel

A fun way to get students engaged

Reviewed 2019-01-18

I have had my students use PowToons to create a visual representation of text. I have also had them use it as a visual aid for a speech. In both situations, it was very entertaining. The students were engaged completing the assignment and their classmates were engaged when watching their peers present.

Anonymous

Quickly Create Pretty Videos!

Reviewed 2019-03-06

Aside from the obvious reason that PowToon is FREE, I also like that you can create a professional-looking video without all of the headache of learning an in-depth software program. PowToon has several templates to choose from and you can just edit your information/content into the project easily.

Anonymous

Powtoon has made animation possible for everyday video needs.

Reviewed 2019-07-29

I have been able to add some video animation that I didn't possess prior to using Powtoon which has helped me create a higher level of video production results at a reasonable cost.

Adel Kassouri

Worth the investment, just a couple of functions needed

Reviewed 2019-01-10

I've been using Powtoon business since 2015, very satisfied with the product except for the mentioned cons above. Anyone with a basic knowledge about video editing can use it, the platform is straight forward, pick an animation template, and start editing it or create your own from scratch.

Anonymous

Use Powtoons to create engaging videos

Reviewed 2019-04-12

I learned about this program in grad school and I am thankful for it. I have been able to create videos and continue to use them for the past few years. Highly recommend

Avishay  "Jesse" Segal

Very nice tool for creating videos, especially promos for new products or services you market.

Reviewed 2018-05-24

A very nice product, especially if you have no idea how to create an animated video, which is a very big thing today. Some of the free features don't cut it, but overall - a very good option to choose for your marketing endeavors.

Jessica Ballarin

Fantastic Support

Reviewed 2018-11-05

It is really easy to use! I can use it for anything: in my work, in my personal life ...

Julia Moses

This is the one!

Reviewed 2019-09-30

eLearning Design, custom course production, explainer videos

Anonymous

Sassiest animation tool to add zing to your presentations

Reviewed 2018-12-26

I first started using Powtoons to add animations to my presentations for university projects. With the tool still being pretty new at that time, I had a lot of fellow students asking for the link to it. More recently I have been using Powtoons to create audio guided videos as help-videos for my clients with some light animations. It has worked wonders in capturing audience attention without the intricacies of some of the other tools available like Adobe. I would recommend it to students as well as professionals to add some edge to their presentations.

Anonymous

Enjoyable to where I purchased a subscription. :)

Reviewed 2018-05-20

If you subscribe to the Powtoons you get better animation and you can set up classes so a student does not need to create accounts.

Sadie Randall

Powtoon Review

Reviewed 2019-02-13

I have used Powtoons for my professional life to create how to videos and instructional or educational information. It is really easy to use and engaging for people to follow along for a few minutes.

Anonymous

Easy way to make engaging presentation

Reviewed 2018-01-20

This has completely changed the boring power point - our presentations are now fun.

Meiby Paredes

Use it to impact employees in your training

Reviewed 2018-01-25

The best way to quickly make an entertaining video for our training and human resources department. With powtoon we can generate motivating videos to improve learning indices

Adiaha Franklin

Love PowToon

Reviewed 2018-12-27

I use PowToon to create engaging educational videos for medical education (I'm a physician and professor at a medical school), church (I teach 5th grade Bible class) and community events (I made "This is Your Life" videos for birthday parties and funeral tribues).

Anonymous

Use for promotion and training material

Reviewed 2018-10-28

If you need to create a lot in little time with high quality results, this is a great tool!

Bryan Rhodes

Unique Presentation Experience

Reviewed 2018-08-29

Powtoon adds a unique presentation experience that your clientele might not otherwise see. There is a free version to try with Powtoon that offers insight into what it is capable of doing. They have their own characters and images to add and you are able to add your own images and voice-overs, too.

Anonymous

Great product (even free version), but slightly frustrating for any with experience video editing

Reviewed 2018-06-25

A nice cartoon explainer video, that I could create with no programming knowledge.

Ayesha Anas

Power Up with Powtoon

Reviewed 2019-07-26

What I liked most about this software is that it allows users to create engaging explainer videos and presentations. Powtoon includes a variety of assets, such as visuals and cartoon characters, to enhance one's presentations that positively impact viewers.

Anonymous

This is great to build a scenario for eLearning

Reviewed 2019-08-27

I've used it in 3-4 projects to show a scenario of a conversation and to teach problem solving.

Valamere Mikler

Upgrade Your Presentation with Powtoon

Reviewed 2019-07-30

I have just started using Powtoon to create microlearning videos for e-learning clients. Also, I discovered that I can easily upload my Powtoon videos to different platforms, such as YouTube, social media outlets, Kaltura, with ease.

Tiffany Harper

Fun for Students and Teachers

Reviewed 2019-10-16

I love that there is a free version for students to use for school. It gives them the ability to make a presentation, but really put a lot of creativity into it. They are able to make mini cartoon movies that are content-based and they have so much fun doing it!

Anonymous

Absolutely worth springing for a paid subscription

Reviewed 2019-09-25

Powtoon made our online content more fun and accessible than just text. Video really does improve engagement with students and we've had good success (based on the number of views of our Powtoon videos) with converting text-based instructions and tutorials to Powtoons.

Phil Sherwood

The easy way to do animated videos. No experience necessary

Reviewed 2019-09-24

It has been a great experience. I can create animated explainer videos in very little time that look very professional.

Maxwell Roelse

Presentations at the Next Level!

Reviewed 2018-08-17

A great alternative to having a creative presentation.

John Napolitano

Amazing Product, So Much Value

Reviewed 2019-06-26

Natalie Blais

Cartoon Your Explainer Video

Reviewed 2019-04-25

Super easy to use. Great video quality. Multiple choices and options for your videos.

Great presentation software

Reviewed 2018-09-13

Good software to use for creating unique presentations.

Hanah St Rose

Cool Video Ad Creator

Reviewed 2019-10-09

Overall, this site is amazing and has cool tools to use to create each ad that I want to create. It works smooth and I love how I can go through the site without complications. Powtoon is great for creators and bloggers.

Wendy Norton

Creative, fun for kids

Reviewed 2017-12-14

Let's kids Imagination run wild, be creative.

Anonymous

The best animated presentation and video maker

Reviewed 2018-10-22

You can get out of the box and give a presentation in a new way. This platform helps you to create presetantions that everybody is going to love. They have presets videos that can help you to create yours. Whatever you think, you can do it over there.

Ashley Mooney

Great Customer Support

Reviewed 2019-05-02

I'm still learning the ins and outs of the product, so there's bound to be bumps in the road. However, I have needed the assistance of Customer Support a couple times already, and they have been quick to respond and extremely helpful. I feel less concerned with having any issues with the product knowing they are there to help. Thank you!

Lisa Fritz

At your fingertips

Reviewed 2019-09-18

I have been using it consistently, 1-3 times a week for over a year. Very rarely do I run into a glitch. On occasion I'll have trouble uploading or downloading a video. It's never been something I couldn't rectify easily.

Lydia Du

I learnt this software in Marketing course. It's great tool.

Reviewed 2018-04-13

Created a lovely presentation, which can be uploaded to YouTube for everybody to see.

Marcos Glucksmann

Thank God we found this app to help us create amazing animated videos in no time!

Reviewed 2018-06-13

As an editor and graphic animator, I found in Powtoon a perfect tool to develop and animate dynamic, modern and very attractive videos in a fraction of the time it would take to do it with conventional animation tools. The app has a HUGE animated elements data bate, which also gets updated constantly. You can start your video from scratch or use the templates available for you... You can even upload your own videos or images and use them in the videos... Your imagination is the limit!

Randall Jacobs

I think this software will replace alot of the current presentation softwares in the next 5 years

Reviewed 2018-08-02

A wonderful tool for creating instructional videos and very easy to use and the end users love the quality of the videos.

Adelyn Chen

Gets the job done

Reviewed 2019-07-27

I used this to make a promotional video for a topic and the templates were easy to use. The animation made the video more fun for the viewers and so the software definitely serves its purpose.

CA James

Excellent Cartoon Videos for Fun or Business

Reviewed 2019-02-27

Smooth and highly usable cartoon type videos for marketing, getting out a message or just plain fun. Easy to create your own vision, be unique and utilize/embed the videos on various platforms

Herbert Schaapveld

I encountered a problem with duplicating + copying Powtoons. Excellent service to solve the problem

Reviewed 2018-03-28

The knowlegde and experience to make a toonlike animation to use with Flipping the Classroom.

Anonymous

Great for casual users with little animation experience

Reviewed 2019-01-16

It is fantastic for users with simple requirements and little to no design experience.

Edit with Powtoon

Reviewed 2018-12-09

Powtoon is a very great software if you want to create videos and presentations and its free. You can make videos using live action or you can make an animated video. It offers a lot of animated cartoons which is very helpful in showing your intention and objective in the video you are making. It is also easy to use.

Melissa López Juliao

IS VERY GOOD

Reviewed 2018-12-05

Very good tool to make presentations, create videos I really like your mobile application is very good complement, it makes it easy to record the audio from my cell phone and pass it directly to my video on the PC.

Teaser Videos 101

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-10-31

We often like to create teasers for the projects we are creating which we can use to post on social media or our content sites. Powtoon proved to be user-friendly and allows you to create animated videos with different templates and music to choose from. I must say that this is a more sophisticated program than just using basic PowerPoint. This program opened my eyes because sometimes you can get stuck on your own creation that you forget there are other ways to design. Our teaser videos proved to be successful and kept our viewers engaged. I plan to use this again for our future campaigns.

riley roberts

Reviewed 2019-10-25

Not great they say they would be creating new content and we have had the service for 6 months with absolutely no content updates

Krupali Mandavia

One such platform to create Animated Videos & GIFs

Reviewed 2019-02-05

Powtoon has a bit congested dashboard while creating videos but it's a great platform to create animated as well as professional videos.

Jenna Matisz

Good software for creating nice videos

Reviewed 2019-03-06

Enjoyed using the software - was able to make a professional and appealing video with it.

Arman Ata

Reviewed 2019-03-09

If you want to make a short animation this software may be the right one. The templates are divided into categories which makes the choice easier. One can add a music to the animation from the offered lists which are also divided into categories or add a music from the PC or from Dropbox or Google Drive. The result can be downloaded in PDF or PPT (Powerpoint) formats for free.

Sitong Liu

Not respecting customers

Reviewed 2019-04-22

I feel this company is fooling customers like me and wasting my money and time. I do not think that customers should pay to a company like this and helps it to survive.

Daniel Terán

The software to create Creative videos

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2018-12-31

I have created many videos with powtoon for my students, since educational animated videos are very efficient to transmit knowledge and promote learning in students.

Yanina Khadunova

Easy to create animated videos

Reviewed 2019-01-16

With this software, our team is able to create excellent animated videos with amazing visual effects. Helpdesk helps to solve any problems.

Ronni Walker

I am a new customer to Powtoon and as a rookie animator, I find the product very user friendly.

Reviewed 2018-03-29

Quick and simple way to get a professional animated product.

Myriam Feldman

A handy tool with a learning curve

Reviewed 2019-11-12

My experience was somewhat positive. I liked the end-product. It will engage my primary audience, students, with cute visuals and animation. I can deliver content in a more approachable way. I had to overcome frustrating glitches and spend a lot of time editing and synchronizing all the effects. The tool becomes easier to use with experience.

Anonymous

User-friendly presentation software that creates fun, simple animations.

Reviewed 2018-06-21

I was introduced to Powtoons in class when I was given an assignment that required a short presentation along with it. As someone who does not have a lot of time to put together large complicated presentations, Powtoons was perfect for me to use in that situation. The software is free and has plenty of ready-made templates that allow you to put together a great looking presentation quickly.

Stephen Rao

Very easy to use

Reviewed 2019-04-30

PowToon makes your boring slideshows come to life with it's interactive graphics.

Sarit Yatim

The best software i ever used I LOVE it, Its so cool !!! Worth every penny!!!

Reviewed 2017-12-24

Easy to use, convenient, it looks great, great customer support It's so helpful. The best product around!

Doug Low

I love Powtoon. Makes me look more professional than I am. And it is fairly easy to use.

Reviewed 2018-05-11

Easy to use, reasonable price, professional up to date look of the videos. Write a script, pick a template, put in your own video or use theirs, add music add a voice over. and in a few hours, you have a professional video you can put on facebook or other social media.

Maybels Graterol

Great software for making videos!

Reviewed 2018-07-31

It is very easy to create fun videos and work presentations with all the templates and icons available, also you can upload your images to create your own designs. There is a lot of tutorials and customer service is great.

Animate your learning

Reviewed 2019-03-13

-Easy to use. Content can be created within 15 minutes or registration -Many different templates to choose from -Advanced features can make high quality videos

Nicole Wake

Great for presentations.

Reviewed 2019-07-16

Powtoon was used for a a few different presentations and the graphics and additional options were much better compared to similar software's.

Martin Kerrigan

It is Awesome!! The end Results prove it. There are too many Good points and No Negatives!!

Reviewed 2018-04-04

Speed and Ease of Use when creating Ads.

Agata Matteucci

Great software, makes you create awesome videos, themes, presentations!

Reviewed 2018-03-29

It's so intuitive and easy to use. And I can log in anywhere and still have my project easily accessible.

Moin Ahmed

Wonderful Customer Support & Easy to Manage

Reviewed 2018-10-24

I'm a Web Developer & i use Powtoon to create Animated Video for my service. Benefit: Easy to manage & Fastest Customer Support ever.

Larz Deadline

Cool way to do develop presentations

Reviewed 2018-03-31

Animation presentations

Chrisopher Adams

Creative Alternative

Reviewed 2018-08-17

Powtoon is a creative alternative to the normal presentation mold. They can be somewhat comical with their cartoon nature, but there are ways to make them seem a lot more professional. You are able to add your own images into the creation of a PowToon, which is a huge plus in my book.

Valentina Garza

Great tool for creating videos!

Reviewed 2018-08-29

It is an excellent tool for creating videos and presentations for non designers or experts on video production. It has lots of templates and icons to make very professional videos, and you can use your own images also.

Leyniker Raul Rivera Villanueva

very good

Reviewed 2018-11-21

excellent tool for presentations, automatic storage, easy handling

Arturo Seijas

Create cool presentations and videos

Reviewed 2018-06-30

It is very helpful for making different work presentations with video. It has great templates that look professional even in the free version. You can upload your own images and content to create your videos from scratch.

Wow! A Life Saver!

Reviewed 2018-08-13

Overall Powtoon is excellent and really heightens my presentations.

Mindy Kimmel

A fun way to present information

Reviewed 2019-11-01

I would use Powtoon again. If I could convince my school to purchase the program, that would be even better. The students love the way they can interact with their presentation.

arzun pathak

Way to Create Exceptional Presentations

Reviewed 2018-08-29

I'm using it since 3 years for project presentation creation. It helped me a lot to create unique presentation for my work and clients.

Ankit J

Think out of the box! Think Powtoon!

Reviewed 2019-04-05

Powtoon has grown so fast in recent years that tier 1 companies are using it. Though pricing is quite high support is flexible.

Amenda George

Excellent!

Reviewed 2018-01-26

Powtoon have many features, you can create an animated character and make it move and act as well, this works really well. Also the voice adding feature works really well. I highly recommend this software.

Anonymous

Lots of advanced features, but a significant learning curve.

Reviewed 2019-02-08

If you need super customized, more professional looking videos, Powtoon is a good option. But if you need a super quick basic video, it's not the easiest or fastest tool to use so I usually use a different tool for those. I don't have a background in design or video editing, but I think Powtoon might be better for users who do - or those who have a lot of time to spend on learning a new tool.

Robert Brantzeg

Great beginner software for creating basic animated marketing materials

Reviewed 2018-11-27

The User Interface is fairly easy to understand without going through lengthy tutorials.

Agnes de Vries

A perfect solution

Reviewed 2019-03-02

For our crowd funding (epicsisters.nl) we needed a small movie to put on the website. Powtoon is so easy to use, very convenient. And it looks amazing. The contact with costumer service was amazing too, quick, understanding and very helpful.

Ginger Mundy

Powtoon has given us a way to affordably create videos to tell our story.

Reviewed 2018-03-01

We are able to share video content with our customers and prospects for a very reasonable expense, which gives us another way to try to engage with them on a regular basis and get their attention.

Jojo Avav

Powtoon is perfect for you... if you're willing to pay.

Reviewed 2016-11-04

I used to be sooo excited about Powtoon. It was way cooler than the boring Powerpoints used by everyone. You could even publish your presentations as cartoon videos! However, there's always a catch. Using the free version, the only way to publish is to publish on Youtube... with a watermark... and low resolution.

Nicole Degraff

Presenting in Style

Reviewed 2018-08-23

Powtoon allows for a unique twist on presenting. It offers its own format unlike its competitors. The free versions still has different styles and templates to offer as well.

Pranay Mateti

I use this tool to edit my personal videos. I Loved using it.

Reviewed 2018-05-29

I added a new skill in my list. This tool improved learning capability.

Jared Vann

Create videos that stand out

Reviewed 2018-06-06

Powtoon gives enables you to fairly easily incorporate videos into your marketing. Whatever type of video you're wanting to create (whiteboard, animated, live, mixed media, etc.), you can probably do it with Powtoon.