Cloudinary Reviews

4.46/5 (26 reviews)

Anonymous

Best alternative cloud storage you can use

Reviewed 2019-04-19

Pros
When I starte using appybuilder software to make application I only know about firebase console of Google for cloud storage but later appybuilder updated more options for cloud storage then one day I saw about cloudinary storage and I started search for this software and when I saw the features and functions of this software I really amazed because they are very simple and easy.just create folders whatever you want name the folder and upload your videos or photos.It will give you a url link for your videos or photos that's it share them where ever you want.Great option for cloud storage I ever used

Cons
It comes in free version and paid version i used free version and the storage comes 25gb per month on free version.it is some a little less for who needs more storage because i created a whatsapp status videos app but i uploaded videos up to my free storage and i waited for next month for my quota.when someone uses free version if it's good then he will definitely go for paid version.I think some more storage need to give under free version

Easy to use, intuitive interface, great for Email Marketing team of 1

Reviewed 2018-05-07

Pros
Cloudinary is super easy to use. As the solo Email Marketer for my company, I am frequently swapping out images, setting up templates with new images, editing things, etc. and I was able to jump into the role and start cranking emails out right away. Once we get the code back from our agency, I am able to easily and quickly upload all visual assets to Cloudinary and I'm on my way with my emails! I particularly like the fact that I can upload a batch of images, and update the reference URL in the HTML file to the same prefix and everything flows through.

Cons
The search functionality to find old images you've already uploaded is pretty dismal. Not sure if it's user error on my part, but I had the exact name of the jpg file I was looking for, tried to search for it and no results were found. I tried to add image file type (.jpg and .jpeg) to the end of the name and still no dice.

Frank Ramirez

Cloudinary serves up your images admirably with powerful features to spare

Reviewed 2019-01-29

Cloudinary provides an indispensable service for anyone managing an image-heavy website. It's also incredibly reliable and works seamlessly once it's been set up. Replicating Cloudinary's features would be a tall order for any development team.

Pros
Serving up photos can be a real headache when you account for the different sizes you need to serve up to different devices and situations. Cloudinary handles most of that complexity, allowing you to simply set a series of flags that will handle everything from compressions settings to cropping factors. I wouldn't know where to start if I needed to do all of that in-house.

Cons
Cloudinary has so many features and what seems to be a few different ways to set it up, that I sometimes feel I'm not getting the most out of it. Its pricing plans can also be slightly mismatched depending on your site traffic, especially when you have high storage needs.

Anonymous

Very easy to implement, too costly for what it is and unfortunately a terrible support.

Reviewed 2018-05-10

Pros
Very easy and quick to implement. Great technical solutions which covers all kind of image delivery aspects. Simple but effective user interface. A lot of online resources and best practice cases.

Cons
I am using their service with two different projects for a couple of years now. To be fair I have to fully differentiate between the use cases and the expectations one might have as a user. - We have implemented Cloudinary in an application with millions of images and I must say the value for money is not great compared to some of their competitors, especially if you do not use all their features. Though that is something one knows in advance and can very well factor in. But what is not acceptable to us is the fact that e-mails go unanswered for a couple of days and the support on the business side is very weak. Be prepared paying thousands of dollars without any support. - For one project we are still on the free plan and their is actually nothing to complain about as it technically works perfect and it is superbe value for money. To my point Cloudinary is great for very small and small projects but if your intention is to integrate Cloudinary in a business solution which might need support once a year think again.

Anonymous

Feature-rich, flexible, and just a joy to work with.

Reviewed 2018-03-07

Pros
You can get exactly the image size, type, and crop you want, purely by modifying the URL. You can organize your assets into folders, and you can store any file type you need. I use it to store PDFs, ZIP files, and, of course, images.

Cons
The media library admin tool is not the most intuitive to use. The back/forward buttons on my mouse don't go back in state (I have to use the nav links in the UI to navigate back from an image to the folder its contained in, etc). Updating images can also be a pain. I've found that if I delete and re-upload an updated image, I can't click to go into editing it/generating a URL to serve it with unless I open it in a new tab.

Anonymous

Amazing software to store images and apply transformations

Reviewed 2018-04-25

Pros
Cloudinay allowed us to easily store all the images that we have in our application. Currently, all our profile images from our application are stored on Cloudinay.

Cons
Honestly, we did not find anything that we can not do with this application based on the purposes of the application, that is to store and apply transformations to images.

Richard Rout

Great service, does exactly what it advertises

Reviewed 2017-12-21

We need to do image storing, optimizing, resizing & manipulation. Rather than do that ourselves, this service does it all for us. It's saved us a lot of time and money.

Pros
They have lots of clients for use in any language. Their api is intuitive and easy to use. I've had to contact their customer support a handful of times, they've always been super quick to respond and are able to fix my problem. Their service is top notch - sometimes it's a little slow, but that can be fixed with optimizations.

Cons
It can be a little overwhelming because it does SO MUCH. And their docs could be laid out a little neater.

Anonymous

Great tool to upload your images

Reviewed 2018-02-14

With cloudinary we use it to upload our users photos. After that we can transform them via url, to reduce bandwidth our cut it.

Pros
We using cloudinary to upload the user pictures. This is fantastic because , we can transform the user photos to reduce the bandwidth and cut photos for example.

Cheaper and Easier

Reviewed 2019-10-03

The initial demo we got blew us away and the product has continued to be just as advertised. We save money using Cloudinary and our site performs better. I'd recommend it to anyone considering Cloudinary

Pros
Cloudinary has allowed us to replace our previous asset management software on our site. It is much cheaper and easier to design with. It also integrates much more seamlessly with our order processing tool than the tool we previously used.

Cons
We really didn't have any issues. Switching to Cloudinary was a no brianer and the transition has been very painless.

Anonymous

An impressive online Image editing tool.

Reviewed 2019-04-29

Monthly 20gb free storage and bandwidth just free, with optimization of your software and lots of integration and plugins to support any platform. It is best for my type of work.

Pros
I have to share the preview picture with the client on a project basis before final production. I am very happy with 20gb space that came with registration and same for bandwidth. Now some of my problems are solved. For social media upload, I can just resize uploaded image on the go using URL, which is a very nice feature. The online optimization of images for web use saves lots of my bandwidth. It is very easy to control and add effects just a few clicks. As it, workes from the browser and I don't have to install anything on my computer, less headed for data loss.

Cons
But I don't like taking all the memory by this software, that's all the problem I can find for this software.

Mitch Bowler

Cut our file sizes in half!

Reviewed 2018-04-06

We cut our user uploaded file sizes in less than half which means faster load times, less server space, and Cloudinary was able to do this for us without any perceivable loss in quality - it all just happens like magic!

Pros
There is a LOT you can do with Cloudinary, so if image manipulation is your thing you will be very pleasantly surprised once you look at all options you have to work with your data. The reason we went to Cloudinary was to optimize the images, and without any noticeable loss in quality Cloudinary has helped us reduce the image file sizes by 50-60+%, which is a huge space savings for us.

Cons
The strength of Cloudinary could also be seen as con with so many options to choose from it was a little daunting to get setup initially.

Anonymous

Great features but the admin console gets stuck often

Reviewed 2019-08-28

Nice solution for transformation but I suggest you to host your files with other service.

Pros
The transformation options for images, I managed to reduce bandwidth in 50% which is very drastic.

Cons
The admin console isn't very friendly, and I will give a few examples: 1) Breadcrumbs in media library - I don't understand why not showing the full breadcrumbs, there is a space for it, so if I need library no.2 I have to click on the parent library and then look for it there. 2) The drag and drop/upload tool isn't good, I tried to upload a few files and it got stuck, they have a lot to catch up with google drive UX/UI. 3) It isn't possible to select all folders like assets from some reason.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Jerico Sayson

My go to image hosting

Reviewed 2019-02-26

Pros
The interface is easy to understand. Uploading an image is easy by drag and drop and linking to our site is no hassle.

Cons
Nothing so far. It's versatility specially now that they are improving by giving tips to better use there hosting is impressive.

Aaron Bielert

Image Manager for Websites

Reviewed 2019-01-09

Pros
Being able to serve my images off server and through a CDN. Makes it easy to group my images into custom folders for easy locating and gives an easy way to get the link to serve the image on your website.

Cons
The help documentation is a little hard to understand and for first-time users it doesn't give a good tutorial on the advanced features, they become more learn over time features on our own.

Marissa Willman

Affordable Cloud Storage

Reviewed 2018-12-18

Pros
This is an affordable option for hosting our website assets. It's much more affordable than Amazon Web Services.

Cons
Files are not compressed so it can affect website loading times.

Anonymous

Cloudinary an excellent tool for managing images

Reviewed 2018-06-16

Pros
It is a very simple tool, its official website provides an excellent section that explains in detail how to use Cloudinary in many situations, either for the management of images or videos. It has a relatively low cost, that is, it is quite accessible for all types of users and does not require a very expensive computer.

Cons
It can be a somewhat complex application for a person who is not familiar with this type of software because its interface is complex and the technical support team takes a little time to respond.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Marcelo Castillo Recabarren

a serious and safe bet.

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-07-15

Pros
1.- with just entering your account you can realize that it is a storage cloud for images much more serious than Tinypic or photobucket since in the most advanced use it allows to keep record and data of the countries that most visit the photos and videos , as well as the top images, the browsers that were used and several other data that you may need to take control of your web page. 2.- In my case, I only use it as storage and to share photos of my trips, which is why it is perfect for me. It also links easily and quickly with Dropbox, Facebook and Instagram allowing you to search the images hosted on these networks to save them in your cloud. 3.- You can choose different types of accounts from a free one to an advanced account. The free version allows image files of a maximum size of 10mb and videos of 100mb in size, while the advanced version allows images of 40mb and videos of up to 1GB.

Cons
It can be difficult to get used to your environment because it has several options for people who work in web pages and need file storage, but for a normal user like me it does not make any sense, since I only want to upload my photos and share them with who I want.

Jose Luis Espada

Terrible support center

Reviewed 2018-12-04

Pros
Easy to use, quick implementation. Many transformations

Cons
The support is terrible. 2 years paying, no emails and help needed. Recently I've had a server error (never happened before) and I contacted the support center... once, twice... no response, just the automatic email. 1 month trying to get some help

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Orlando Morales

Feature rich photo and video storage!

Reviewed 2018-05-07

Pros
I really love the variety of features. There are many different API implementations and different rules, such as cropping, storage location, etc. that can be applied to incoming files.

Cons
The interface was a bit confusing at first, but after reading through a little documentation I was able to figure it out and within a couple of hours I had a fully functioning API setup allowing users of my website to easily add and update photos.

Kabiru Abdulhamid

my #1 media assets management platform

Reviewed 2018-06-16

Superb page load speed performance for my web app that reference media assets from Cloudinary

Pros
when I used cloudinary to host my images and videos and reference them to my web app, I noticed increase in page load performance of my app. Really happy about that

Cons
though free plan is provided, but premium plans seems to be some expensive especially if someone i to host alot of media assets

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Jerry Noel

A GO-TO FOR PICTURES AND VIDEOS

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-09-29

Overall, I have had a blast using Cloudinary. It saved me a ton of time and code when I had to incorporate images inside of my code.

Pros
very easy to use! Saves, edits, and updates pictures and videos easily. Connecting to different databases is relatively easy once you learn how to do it the first time.

Cons
DIfficult to understand at first. However, after you learn how to use it, you will be fine and on your way to success.

JOHN WREN

very bad service from support

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-05-21

Support is rubbish. Simply trying to remove the code after deciding I no longer want the software. I could not get a firm pricing for the future. Support cant help remove it.......there are no instructions available on how to remove it.

Pros
I didnt get to try it. Too complicated and pricing too vague. With no clear answers

Cons
When I want to remove the code from my store , suddenly support don't know how to do this and cant help, so now I am stuck with this code in my store

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Samir Syed

Storage is not a problem anymore

Reviewed 2016-12-06

If you need a quick and hassle free solution to storage not only for images but also for files. Then cloudinary is the way to go. Their backend systems are based on Amazon's storage structure so you are in good hands. Their API is very well written and very easy to use. Within no time we could integrate their API into our software and have securely stored all our business's receipts, pictures in cloudinary.

Caitlin Kraina

Quality Image Storage & Hosting

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-01-16

Pros
This app does it all when it comes to image storing, optimizing, resizing & manipulation. Rather than doing it all ourselves, this service does it all for us and ensures that all of our hosted images are sized correctly and responsive. A huge time & money saver!

Cons
It's a little complicated to use and their interface design isn't the best, but as far as functionality goes it does what it needs to do!

Paul Taylor

web based image management made simple

Reviewed 2016-11-11

free version to try is great. we are now a paying customer and we value the automatic responsive settings. customer support is brilliant. our only concern is when we hit scale the costs will rise significantly.