Cloudinary Logo

Suggested alternatives

bynder
agility-cms
adobe-experience-manager

Overall it's been terrific. Customer support is responsive, the SDKs are great, and the features are innovative and outstanding.
Best of all, Cloudinary's free plan is more than enough for new websites, so now I can proudly say that I've got dozens of happy clients.
It can be difficult to asses the history of requests flowing through Cloudinary, but this is isn't a production issue anyone should be worrying about.

Christian K.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great Cloud Storage Provider

I primarily use Cloudinary for cloud storage for web applications I build and deploy on Heroku. Since initially using it, I’ve begun storing many types of files within it.

Pros

Cloudinary’s powerful API allows any developer to easily implement file storage for any kind of internet-connected app quickly. It’s API takes it a step further and allows for transformations when retrieving photo type files.

Cons

The onboarding process could be improved. At first, it wasn’t easy to find the information needed to connect to the API. Once you know where to find it, things are much easier.

MG

Mayank G.

Animation, 1-10 employees

Flexible and dynamic digital asset management platform

Cloudinary is a highly flexible digital asset storage and distribution plaform.

Pros

Cloudinary provides end-to-end solution from digital asset storage, asset size optimization to image resizing by automizing these processes.

Cons

For plus plan, 225 GB bandwidth for $89per month is pretty high.

Environmental Services,

Very easy to implement, too costly for what it is and unfortunately a terrible support.

Pros

Very easy and quick to implement. Great technical solutions which covers all kind of image delivery aspects. Simple but effective user interface. A lot of online resources and best practice cases.

Cons

I am using their service with two different projects for a couple of years now. To be fair I have to fully differentiate between the use cases and the expectations one might have as a user. - We have implemented Cloudinary in an application with millions of images and I must say the value for money is not great compared to some of their competitors, especially if you do not use all their features....

NM

Nick M.

Computer Software, self-employed

Loaded features, but complicated and unorganized documentation

Been using it in production for about 1-2 years now, but have since moved on to another image service for ease of use (Imagekit.io).

Pros

Easily able to transform images and generate various versions of it for content creation. A decent form is available for support questions, but turnaround time can be long.

Cons

Cloudinary's documentation is loaded with content, but not well organized and can be difficult to find what you are looking for. It's similar to the disorganization like AWS documentation. The search tool is not easy to use and does not find the relevant information you are searching for. There is no discord server available where one could get instant feedback or help with issues. Not easy to use with modern SSR platforms like Nuxt/NextJS.

GB

Graham B.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

The DAM which grows with your requirements

Our clients often need a centralised DAM which can store large quantities of assets. One client wished to run a competition which required them to upload a video from a website, Cloudinary proved the perfect service to integrate with. The development team quickly integrated with the platform and issues during testing were ironed out with the help of the Cloudinary support team. Based on this experience we have rolled out the platform to several other clients over the past 18 months.

Pros

- Great support from the Cloudinary development team - Willingness to enhance the product based on your requirements - Good features which can be deployed when required - Good API and widgets available for developers - Competitive pricing

Cons

- Some features can be confusing to activate such as automatically transcoding videos - Annual pricing offer was not clear in sign-up process - Web interface needed some experimentation to learn

PP

Prem P.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Best media resizing, Transformation, Storage and sharing platform

The best cloud storage and management with immense capabilities with easy in URL sharing and transformation features with easy to understand documentation, Super fast customer responses

Pros

Easy upload and in URL transformation feature

Cons

Less in built fonts, Template creation is not available

Nadish H.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Simply the best media optimizer for websites

Well as a WordPress developer, it was always a challenge for me to maintain speed and performance of my client's websites. I tried several service, both paid and free (not mentioning the names here) and luckily one day I found Cloudinary while search for some image optimization service for one of my new client. I tried cloudinary and found that Cloudniary is more than an image optimization service,...

Pros

Well it's a bit difficult question because this service has a several services that makes it stand out from the rest of similar services. But the thing that I like about Cloudinary most is their "Transformations" features. It has made my life easier as it resize, auto change image quality (as per my needs) and auto change formats from several extensions like png, jpeg or even in WebP formats that helps me to save tons of bandwidth. The other best thing is their really cooperative and nice technical support. They provide industry's best technical support even if you're using their free service.

Cons

Honestly speaking, this service is already providing more than everything that you need for your website image optimization and image delivery. So as far as I'm concerned, I'm totally satisfied with Cloudinary and I really don't like anything least about it.

Rb

Ryan b.

Automotive, 501-1,000 employees

Cloudinary review

Very easy to use and pretty self intuitive, would recommend to anyone looking for a digital asset management platform

Pros

The ability to set 'quality' parameters across images to compress the file size along with the height and width. Essential for SEO image optimisation and page speed (Core Web Vitals)

Cons

As an SEO setting up quality parameters is relatively simple but for other users who focus more on content or uploading content it can be quite difficult for them verify how big the image file is. Would be good if Cloudinary could surface the image file size on the parameter URL or even file size savings

Frank R.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Cloudinary serves up your images admirably with powerful features to spare

Cloudinary provides an indispensable service for anyone managing an image-heavy website. It's also incredibly reliable and works seamlessly once it's been set up. Replicating Cloudinary's features would be a tall order for any development team.

Pros

Serving up photos can be a real headache when you account for the different sizes you need to serve up to different devices and situations. Cloudinary handles most of that complexity, allowing you to simply set a series of flags that will handle everything from compressions settings to cropping factors. I wouldn't know where to start if I needed to do all of that in-house.

Cons

Cloudinary has so many features and what seems to be a few different ways to set it up, that I sometimes feel I'm not getting the most out of it. Its pricing plans can also be slightly mismatched depending on your site traffic, especially when you have high storage needs.

Richard R.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Great service, does exactly what it advertises

We need to do image storing, optimizing, resizing & manipulation. Rather than do that ourselves, this service does it all for us. It's saved us a lot of time and money.

Pros

They have lots of clients for use in any language. Their api is intuitive and easy to use. I've had to contact their customer support a handful of times, they've always been super quick to respond and are able to fix my problem. Their service is top notch - sometimes it's a little slow, but that can be fixed with optimizations.

Cons

It can be a little overwhelming because it does SO MUCH. And their docs could be laid out a little neater.

PP

Paul P.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Exactly what we needed

Pros

I've been building SaaS products for years and never found a great digital asset management solution that worked for our end clients and wasn't prohibitively expensive. We generally rolled our own solution on top of AWS or something similar. Cloudinary is the the first affordable solution that has both a great API and SDKs as well as a great user interface. And, the available transformations mean that we don't have to do any image processing on our end. This is a great solution for serverless architectures.

Cons

The pricing, while very reasonable, was a little hard to understand at first. That said, they moved to a "credits" system that allows us the flexibility to use the product our way and get the most value for our credits.

Transformative Image Management

Pros

I absolutely love the fact that I can upload an image and perform nearly any kind of transformation to it that I need in order to get it to display the way I need it to in my web applications.

Cons

The cost structure for using the platform includes transformations. However, it does not appear to let you make these a 'permanent' feature, so every time a request is made against your transformation it is counted toward your credits. It would be nice to see a way to make this more efficient, i.e. a one-time transformation cost for the image. If you have a thousand images being repeatedly transformed into the same transformation a million times a month, those transformations become extremely costly. And that's only one of the different metrics for the billing credits.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Highly effective for buidling image heavy applications

Cloudinary helps in our developers focussing on our core problems by taking care of the image manipulation work which saved in a lot of time & head-ache for the team.

Pros

1) The software completely outsourcing the process of image manipulation work for developers to make the applications work seamlessly across multiple touch-points. 2) Makes it easy to manage the digital assets of a company/application for non-developers that developers can easily use in the development process.

Cons

1) The software right now misses key features to manage audio assets in its platform to help voice experience designers work with speech/audio data. 2) The software still doesn't provide an app for sharing image assets easily like how cloudApp/jumpshare does.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Best alternative cloud storage you can use

Pros

When I starte using appybuilder software to make application I only know about firebase console of Google for cloud storage but later appybuilder updated more options for cloud storage then one day I saw about cloudinary storage and I started search for this software and when I saw the features and functions of this software I really amazed because they are very simple and easy.just create folders whatever you want name the folder and upload your videos or photos.It will give you a url link for your videos or photos that's it share them where ever you want.Great option for cloud storage I ever used

Cons

It comes in free version and paid version i used free version and the storage comes 25gb per month on free version.it is some a little less for who needs more storage because i created a whatsapp status videos app but i uploaded videos up to my free storage and i waited for next month for my quota.when someone uses free version if it's good then he will definitely go for paid version.I think some more storage need to give under free version

Easy to use, intuitive interface, great for Email Marketing team of 1

Pros

Cloudinary is super easy to use. As the solo Email Marketer for my company, I am frequently swapping out images, setting up templates with new images, editing things, etc. and I was able to jump into the role and start cranking emails out right away. Once we get the code back from our agency, I am able to easily and quickly upload all visual assets to Cloudinary and I'm on my way with my emails! I particularly like the fact that I can upload a batch of images, and update the reference URL in the HTML file to the same prefix and everything flows through.

Cons

The search functionality to find old images you've already uploaded is pretty dismal. Not sure if it's user error on my part, but I had the exact name of the jpg file I was looking for, tried to search for it and no results were found. I tried to add image file type (.jpg and .jpeg) to the end of the name and still no dice.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Access the image from cloud instead of local.

Overall best experience.Helps me in my project page speed improvement.

Pros

Using the cloudinary images and fonts in my web development projects for accessing the image and fonts from server instead of my local static images.As it will load the image and font much faster and also store in the cache.It helps in page speed improvement for the website.Much recommended 😊

Cons

Everything is perfect only.Using this regularly and not facing any issues.

KC

Kiril C.

Banking, 11-50 employees

Innovation

Pros

Cloudinary has stayed the most innovative media-based startup during my time using it. They continue to build features to improve the efficiency of their software in the background that's allowing companies like us to reach new speed benchmarks effortlessly.

MA

Mehak A.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Best to store, transform and provides images.

My experience of working with the tool was very great. The web site was an image-heavy site and also it had to be responsive so the image transformation made our task very easy and the UI quality was very good as well.

Pros

Cloudinary is very easy to configure and use. The ability to resize and transform images via parameters in the URL is very useful. It is an absolute necessity for an image-heavy web site if the performance and speed of the site is of concern. It can be used to store and provide other static resources as well as a PDF of guidelines or a zip download or some documents.

Cons

Could not find any way the tool lacks or is behind from any competitor in the market. There are many features you can choose from and all works perfectly.

Sports, 11-50 employees

Great interface, easy to implement

If you want to implement image or video uploading in a very quick way - use it now.

Pros

It was super easy to implement it inside our software. It's super helpful in image managing

Cons

It's a little too much for what we need and therefore the pricing is not the best for us. I would prefer to have some much thiner product if it could make it cheaper. we don't use all the functions

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Feature-rich, flexible, and just a joy to work with.

Pros

You can get exactly the image size, type, and crop you want, purely by modifying the URL. You can organize your assets into folders, and you can store any file type you need. I use it to store PDFs, ZIP files, and, of course, images.

Cons

The media library admin tool is not the most intuitive to use. The back/forward buttons on my mouse don't go back in state (I have to use the nav links in the UI to navigate back from an image to the folder its contained in, etc). Updating images can also be a pain. I've found that if I delete and re-upload an updated image, I can't click to go into editing it/generating a URL to serve it with unless I open it in a new tab.

51-200 employees

Amazing software to store images and apply transformations

Pros

Cloudinay allowed us to easily store all the images that we have in our application. Currently, all our profile images from our application are stored on Cloudinay.

Cons

Honestly, we did not find anything that we can not do with this application based on the purposes of the application, that is to store and apply transformations to images.

JL

Jose Luis E.

Restaurants, 1-10 employees

Terrible support center

Pros

Easy to use, quick implementation. Many transformations

Cons

The support is terrible. 2 years paying, no emails and help needed. Recently I've had a server error (never happened before) and I contacted the support center... once, twice... no response, just the automatic email. 1 month trying to get some help

51-200 employees

Great tool to upload your images

With cloudinary we use it to upload our users photos. After that we can transform them via url, to reduce bandwidth our cut it.

Pros

We using cloudinary to upload the user pictures. This is fantastic because , we can transform the user photos to reduce the bandwidth and cut photos for example.

Publishing, self-employed

Used other for 2+ years

Great API Image and Video Editor and Store

As a blogger I'm free to store my images and work on them in a place unbound to my website.

Pros

I use Cloudinary to edit and store images I use for my blog. It has many features, more than I use. It provides me an API code (I use html usually), I copy on my blog. Cloudinary gives me reports, so I can see how my images work. The Free Classic Plan is enough for what I need. If I share it with my friends, I get extras for free. The dashboard is friendly and easy to use.

Cons

I don't see any cons with it. The Plus and Advances Plans are expensive for my pockets, but I don't need them for my work.

Sporting Goods, 501-1,000 employees

Cheaper and Easier

The initial demo we got blew us away and the product has continued to be just as advertised. We save money using Cloudinary and our site performs better. I'd recommend it to anyone considering Cloudinary

Pros

Cloudinary has allowed us to replace our previous asset management software on our site. It is much cheaper and easier to design with. It also integrates much more seamlessly with our order processing tool than the tool we previously used.

Cons

We really didn't have any issues. Switching to Cloudinary was a no brianer and the transition has been very painless.