Grepsr Logo

Grepsr

Managed data acquisition, perfected at scale.

Grepsr Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.34/10

Reviews by rating

Easy to use and understand and the customer service was very helpful and responsive. But most of all great value for money.
Responsive customer support and a diligent team that strives to provide the best output - will highly recommend.
There can be some weird characters in the posts, the format of the sheet can sometimes be off.
Very occasionally, there'll be a snag in the data in terms of it all not being there, or a file looking weird.
There was a mistake that took some additional time to fix.

Shruti M.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

Grepsr Makes it Simple!

I am a part of the UNESCO Chair reserach centre in Ireland: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] which has a foucs on using sport as a tool to achieve the Sustainable Devleopment Goals [SDGs]. My work within the research centre is to examine the opportunities and challenges for Multilateral Development Banks to invest in sport-based solutions to achieve the SDGs. I worked with Grepsr to undertake a one time...

Pros

My experience of working with Grepsr was excellent. They have an excellent team of engineers and great account management. All your questions are always answered and any issue is troubleshooted with promptness. The solutions they provide suit your needs perfectly. Their service is timely, cost effective and of high quality a combination hard to find.

Cons

I did not face any trouble. I conducted a one time data extraction and there were no problems.

We are extremely grateful to have been a part of such a noble cause. Thank you for taking the time out to leave such a positive and detailed review, Shruti!

CH

Chris H.

Automotive, self-employed

Premium Data Collection Service

I've worked with Grepsr for more than 5 years and have always been completely satisfied. They have done more than 50 jobs for me even though I've changed careers several times. They're my go-to data source.

Pros

Grepsr has been doing this a long time. They have worked with hundreds of clients on every imaginable project. They understand data and quickly determine the best way to help their clients.

Cons

Grepsr is quite far from our offices and so communication lags about 12 hours. I've learned to be very thorough and succinct in my messages to reduce the number of times we go back and forth on a project.

Chris, your kind words mean a lot to us! We're committed to understanding each client's unique requirements and creating flexible solutions. So it's awesome to hear you're happy with our services. Also, thank you for your patience with the communication delays.We understand the impact that the time gap and the distance has on our response time and assure you that we're working on improving it for smoother collaborations.

Import and Export, 51-200 employees

Continuous customer success activities with a promising commitment

Our business relationship continued more than 2 years and they had been a great partner for us.

Pros

It took a bit of energy and effort from our end when the project kicked in and got the product onboarded, but the scraping / exporting data went smoothly in daily basis and their monitoring also worked well so that we were comfortable with both their outcome and the process. Their customer success team members were always there in our Slack workspace and we could reach out for them anytime we wanted and they responded us in timely manner, too.

Cons

One of the reasons why we ended the contract with them besides our business requirement changes was the monthly fee rise request coming unexpectedly high. That was something they needed and I respect that, but in our case, we did not need the data with that cost any more so we declined the request and ended the business partnership.

Thank you for such a kind words, Ichimi! We're glad to have been your trusted service provider over the years and it's great to know that the collboration has been smooth for you and your team. It has been a pleasure to work with you. Wishing you the best for your upcoming projects!

MO

Margaret O.

Research, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Data should be free!

Pros

It was helpful because I couldn't access the resources online without the help of a scraping service.

Cons

I think data should be free. Also it was a bit confusing at times to be able to access the data once it was scraped.

Thank you for leaving us a 5-star review, Margaret! We're glad our service was helpful to you.

AW

Allen W.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Very good product

Pros

The flexibility of the development team has been great. We have updated our service considerably since the first use cases and the team has always been able to handle our needs.

Cons

Not really Grepsr's fault but the websites we review are constantly changing and sometimes it takes a bit to realign the scrapes.

Thank you for a stellar review, Allen! We're always working on improving our services to deliver the best, so your words are music to our ears! We're glad to have been your trusted service provider over the years and look forward for more collaborations ahead!

HJ

Harshit J.

Management Consulting, 10,001+ employees

Great Web Scraping Service

Pros

Amazing team of knowledgeable data-gurus that understand the client problems and deliver curated solutions. I was impressed by their output time, cost structure, professionalism, and diligence.

Cons

I had to rework my ask to make sure they picked the right data but that wasn't too inconvenient

Thank you for the 5-star review, Harshit! We are grateful for customers like you.

HU

Haley U.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Good Software

Pros

google sheets keyword list to add keywords

Cons

timezone difference has been challenging

Haley, we do understand that the time-zone difference does make matters difficult, nevertheless we try to address your queries as soon as possible. Thank you for holding our software in high regards!

JT

Jill T.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Grepsr has helped our company

My experience with Grepsr, overall, has been very positive. Our company uses Grepsr for data extraction. The reports are used for data insight within the industry. If we encounter a problem with the tool or the report Grepsr is responds very quickly and provides a solution. Not only do the provide a solution quickly, but they implement quickly as well. I would highly recommend Grepsr for all your data and web extraction needs.

Pros

Ease of use Very responsive Turnaround time is quick Provides answers/solutions in a timely manner

Cons

Extraction data was incorrect (most of the time not Grepsr's fault) Incorrect sku count on report vs website

Thank you for such kind words, Jill! We're honoured that you trust us when it comes to data to drive meaningful decisions for your company. Sincere apologies for any incovenience you may have experienced. We assure you that we're actively working to improve our processes to minimize any inaccuracies. Your input is valuable to us and we look forward to continuing our partnership in the future!

Management Consulting, 201-500 employees

Great data partner

Pros

Delivers high quality output quickly and a great team to help with any support issues.

Cons

Occasionally have issues come up in recurring projects, but the Grepsr team always responds quickly.

Thank you so much for the stellar review! We're delighted to be partners with such a renowned organization, and hope to continue adding value to your success. Your kind words add validation to our efforts, and motivate us to keep improving our service.

DI

Dragoslav I.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

TOP-NOTCH Data Extraction Company

Pros

Everything, but most of all the communication and fast data delivery.

Cons

I have nothing to say, I have no complaints

Thank you for the stellar review, Dragoslav. Your satisfaction is our priority, and we're delighted that we've met your expectations. It's been an absolute pleasure working with you and we look forward to more collaborations ahead!

PD

Prithvi D.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Quick, Simple, Effective and Instrumental

Initially we had developed most of the crawler in-house, however maintaining these was a significant overhead and in some cases there were technical challenges that were difficult to resolve. Moving to Grepsr was a great move and we have never looked back!

Pros

- Setup is quick- The team always meets the requirements even with customisations- API is great and instrumental in our daily operations- Service is swift and any issues are resolved promptly- Highly recommend

Cons

- Automated alerts if a crawler is not working. I think this exists on Grepsr's side. However visibility for the customer would be great as it would enable us to react faster.

Thank you so much for such a stellar review, Prithvi! What you've mentioned regarding in-house teams not being able to scale and maintain crawlers is exactly why we are in business. We want to take over the tedium and obstacles associated with data extraction, so that companies can focus on growing their business. Your comments are music to our ears, and the entire team is delighted to read such kind words! We'll also take your thoughts regarding automated alerts into serious consideration. Thank you once again for such glowing words!

KS

Khyati S.

Retail, 51-200 employees

Excellent Data extraction solution

We want to remain a leader in a highly competitve inductry and hence one of our chief responsibility is to provide clean and accurate data to our clients. It is very critical for our business to acquire data on time. Before we started working with Grepsr, I researched and spoke to several other web scraping agencies and after doing a thourough analysis, came to a conclusion that Grepsr is the best provider for our use case. Setting up the projects with Grepsr was very easy and convenient and they were able to provide the data to us in minimum turnaround time and the lowest rates. They are easy to work with and definitely pros in this space. I would definitely recommend them to other organizations trying to solve their data acquisition problems.

Pros

1. Convenient 2.Easy to use 3. Low turnaround time 4. Low cost

Cons

1. Being in a different timezone leads to a latency at times

Thank you, Khyati, for the detailed review! We're delighted that you chose us as your data provider and find our service worthy. Customer satisfaction is our topmost priority, so we're committed to provide better service day after day. While Grepsr's business hours may not synchronize with many of our clients owing to the different timezone, we do try to address urgent issues as promptly as we can whatever the time of day at our end. Thank you once again for such a positive review, and we look forward to growing our partnership in the future.

RS

Rebecca S.

Consumer Electronics, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great for managed web scraping

Pros

Grepsr's team has always been extremely helpful and responsive. They are understanding of our needs and work diligently to provide suitable solutions within their services. Any time that I have a new project, the team is great at understanding the need and creating a plan to implement. Additionally, the pricing is very straight forward and customizable, based on your needs and budget.

Cons

As with most web-scraping services, there are issues that arise with the daily data scraping in incorrectly. However, the team is quick to help resolve these issues.

Thank you for such a glowing review, Rebecca! We're glad to know that our services have been of help to you. Your satisfaction means the world to us and hope to continue serving you for the years to come!

PM

Peter M.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Grepsr support

I run a small business part of which entails the collecting of data on a daily basis, before coming across Grepsr this was a time consuming onerous task. Now I need do no more than simply open the file to access all my data requirements. It is a very cost effective means of obtaining data and the service provided is without doubt the best of any software company I have dealt with in my 25-years of experience

Pros

The set up was very straight forward thanks to the assistance of the staff I would like to express my gratitude to customer service representative in particular whose assistance has been invaluable

Cons

I can honestly say that in my 5-years experience with the software I cannot find anything I would change

Thank you so much for the 5-star review, Peter! As a data extraction service platform, our goal is always to ease the data acquisition woes of our customers so they can focus on other aspects of their business. You've been a great partner to us and we hope this continues for many more years!

MC

Mike C.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Grepsr is a great partner

Our business model requires us to refresh our data very frequently. Grepsr has been instrumental in making that possible. Their speed and the quality of their work has always been top notch. If we ever have a problem, or would like a new feature, Grepsr responds within a day and makes the extra effort to meet our needs.

Pros

The ability to customize the crawlers for our needs. Grepsr is extremely flexible and ensures that we are able to get the data we want, when we want it - no matter how difficult it might be to obtain it.

Cons

We have been very pleased with Grepsr throughout our partnership.

Hi Mike, Thank you so much for the 5-star review! We're really humbled by your kind words, and we'd like to take this opportunity to say that you've also been a great partner to us. Your feedback and suggestions over the years have contributed a lot towards improving the Grepsr platform for all our customers. We hope to continue and grow our partnership in the years ahead. - Grepsr Team

NT

Natsuko T.

Retail, 11-50 employees

I can't understand what "Title your review" means.

My boss startded using theier service. She left our company, and I took over her role as a communicator with them.

Pros

They respond to our requests quickly and politely.

Cons

Sometimes there are some missing data to be collected.

Thank you for your feedback, Natsuko. We're delighted to know that we are your trusted partner for data extraction solutions. Your satisfaction stays on top so we're glad to promptly help you with any changes you may have had in your request. Regarding the missing data, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. We are actively working on optimizing our processes to ensure a more efficient and reliable solution for you. Your input is valuable to us and we look forward to continuing our partnership in the future!

RL

Rk L.

Retail, 1,001-5,000 employees

Simple, easy to use, cost effective, robust data provider

Pros

Grepsr has really talented engineers and support teams who have been exceptional to understand complex data requirements and provide accurate data. They alleviated the need for creating scrapers and managing them.

Cons

Not that I can think of, my experience has been smooth so far.

Thank you for the stellar review, Rk! We pride ourselves in being able to resolve complex use-cases, and we're delighted that our service has made an impact to your organization. We look forward to serving your data needs for many more years!

MS

Matt S.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Grespr is the best value for the money and accuracy of the data

The grepsr data is key to our business

Pros

Its like flipping on a light switch or answering the telephone, it just works and is reliable and accurate

Cons

really no cons. The team is very responsive to any sort of issues or feedback but issues are few and far between

Thank you, Matt, for such kind words! We're delighted to have you as a long-time partner and hope to continue as your data provider for years to come.

MA

Matt A.

Industrial Automation, 11-50 employees

Quick and Detail Oriented

Grepsr has allowed us to gather thousands of points of data in a very quick and accurate manner. They are a great partner!

Pros

Grepsr always provides a quick turnaround on our requests and the data is formatted just as we've asked.

Cons

Grepsr does what we ask of them. Nothing negative to say.

Thank you for such a stellar review, Matt! We're delighted that you've been able to scale your data acquisition efforts using our services, which is exactly our mission.

JJ

Jesse J.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Efficient Data Extraction

Manual data extraction can be a labor intensive process. Using a service like Grepsr has been an excellent way to optimize my time on understanding what the data is telling me rather than programming my own scrapes to get this data. Grepsr has been an easy tool to work with supported by a strong and attentive team.

Pros

Ease of use to submit a data request and the timely delivery of my returned data. In many cases, Grepsr has completed my deliverable faster than expected.

Cons

There have been a few times of extraction errors such as duplicate values or incomplete data having been returned in the deliverable. However, once I've identified a possible issue, the Grepsr team is quick to resolve with follow up.

We're glad you got what you were looking for with us. We're happy to be of your service, Jesse!

Insurance, 1-10 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Great, custom data extraction

I set up a custom scrape/data extraction project. The team at Grepsr was very responsive, they troubleshooted, and made sure we got everything we needed. I have recommended them to other people because I was so impressed with the service. I have continued to use them.

Pros

They have a great web interface to set up a scraping project. They also offer custom work where a service specialist assists you with the work. The web app tracks everything, saves your project, and can automatically deliver it to Dropbox and other cloud providers in various file formats, CSV, JSON, ETC.

Cons

There was nothing that I view as a 'con' with respects to my interaction with Grepsr. Great, all around.

Thank you for such kind words! We will try to build on what you said and endeavor to create better experiences for you.

DR

David R.

Research, 1-10 employees

Excellent Service

Grepsr gives us exactly the data we require in the format we need it. No extra manipulation required when we receive the outputs.

Pros

The best thing about Grepsr is the personal, engaged service we receive. Unlike most tolls which are mere dashboards that require endless loops of communication with "customer service" reps, Grepsr staff are just an email away. They reply immediately and undertake the solution completely.

Cons

Nothing not to like. I feel like a relationship has vbeen established.

Thank you for such a glowing review, David! The team is thrilled to hear such kind words. It gives us extra motivation to continue improving our services, and keep delighting our customers.

SH

Shawn H.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Amazing functionality, support, and product

A truly wonderful experience from setup to implementation to using it everyday.

Pros

I love the ease of use and essentially the auto-pilot functionality

Cons

Sometimes the formatting comes through that leads to a few minutes of excel tweaks. I'm sure if I raised concern it would be fixed in two minutes.

Thank you so much for the glowing review, Shawn! We're delighted that you love our product and its features - it's a great motivation for us to keep improving. Regarding the data formatting, please let the team know what exactly the minor tweak is that you're looking for, and I'm sure they'd be more than happy to incorporate it into all future deliveries. Once again, we're thankful for your positive review, and we hope to continue our partnership for a long. long time. Cheers!

NK

Neil K.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Great Service

It has been a great service and product. We have found great value and continue to use them because of their delivery/quality, customer service, timeliness. As a software business, we have clients that need their work as quick as possible. The team at Grepsr always delivers.

Pros

This is a great service. The team is very responsive and always delivers their stated data on time. I've used them on several occasions always with great results.

Cons

I think it could be a bit easier with the intake form and the time. Additionally if there are any mistakes in the data set, it often takes a few days to rectify.

Nick, we really appreciate you taking the time out to leave such a great review! We have seriously considered your feedback and are making improvements.

PS

Preriit S.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Gets the job done, on time

Pros

Have been working with Grepsr team for almost 4 years. Customer service team is very helpful, timely and understanding.

Cons

Grepsr is on a costlier end compared to other vendors but they are reliable so that's a good point versus others who are cheaper but not at all reliable.

Thanks for the wonderful rating, Preriit! We're glad to have you as a valued client and look forward to delivering consistent results that meet and exceed your expectations.