Grepsr Reviews

4.69/5 (32 reviews)

Khyati Shah

Excellent Data extraction solution

Reviewed 2019-07-19

We want to remain a leader in a highly competitve inductry and hence one of our chief responsibility is to provide clean and accurate data to our clients. It is very critical for our business to acquire data on time. Before we started working with Grepsr, I researched and spoke to several other web scraping agencies and after doing a thourough analysis, came to a conclusion that Grepsr is the best provider for our use case. Setting up the projects with Grepsr was very easy and convenient and they were able to provide the data to us in minimum turnaround time and the lowest rates. They are easy to work with and definitely pros in this space. I would definitely recommend them to other organizations trying to solve their data acquisition problems.

Pros
1. Convenient 2.Easy to use 3. Low turnaround time 4. Low cost

Cons
1. Being in a different timezone leads to a latency at times

Response from Grepsr

Thank you, Khyati, for the detailed review! We're delighted that you chose us as your data provider and find our service worthy. Customer satisfaction is our topmost priority, so we're committed to provide better service day after day.

While Grepsr's business hours may not synchronize with many of our clients owing to the different timezone, we do try to address urgent issues as promptly as we can whatever the time of day at our end.

Thank you once again for such a positive review, and we look forward to growing our partnership in the future.

Peter Meldrum

Grepsr support

Reviewed 2019-07-24

I run a small business part of which entails the collecting of data on a daily basis, before coming across Grepsr this was a time consuming onerous task. Now I need do no more than simply open the file to access all my data requirements. It is a very cost effective means of obtaining data and the service provided is without doubt the best of any software company I have dealt with in my 25-years of experience

Pros
The set up was very straight forward thanks to the assistance of the staff I would like to express my gratitude to customer service representative in particular whose assistance has been invaluable

Cons
I can honestly say that in my 5-years experience with the software I cannot find anything I would change

Response from Grepsr

Thank you so much for the 5-star review, Peter!
As a data extraction service platform, our goal is always to ease the data acquisition woes of our customers so they can focus on other aspects of their business.
You've been a great partner to us and we hope this continues for many more years!

Mike Carpenter

Grepsr is a great partner

Reviewed 2019-07-22

Our business model requires us to refresh our data very frequently. Grepsr has been instrumental in making that possible. Their speed and the quality of their work has always been top notch. If we ever have a problem, or would like a new feature, Grepsr responds within a day and makes the extra effort to meet our needs.

Pros
The ability to customize the crawlers for our needs. Grepsr is extremely flexible and ensures that we are able to get the data we want, when we want it - no matter how difficult it might be to obtain it.

Cons
We have been very pleased with Grepsr throughout our partnership.

Response from Grepsr

Hi Mike,
Thank you so much for the 5-star review! We're really humbled by your kind words, and we'd like to take this opportunity to say that you've also been a great partner to us.
Your feedback and suggestions over the years have contributed a lot towards improving the Grepsr platform for all our customers. We hope to continue and grow our partnership in the years ahead.

- Grepsr Team

Matt Snow

Grespr is the best value for the money and accuracy of the data

Reviewed 2019-07-12

The grepsr data is key to our business

Pros
Its like flipping on a light switch or answering the telephone, it just works and is reliable and accurate

Cons
really no cons. The team is very responsive to any sort of issues or feedback but issues are few and far between

Response from Grepsr

Thank you, Matt, for such kind words!
We're delighted to have you as a long-time partner and hope to continue as your data provider for years to come.

Jesse Japitana

Efficient Data Extraction

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-07-23

Manual data extraction can be a labor intensive process. Using a service like Grepsr has been an excellent way to optimize my time on understanding what the data is telling me rather than programming my own scrapes to get this data. Grepsr has been an easy tool to work with supported by a strong and attentive team.

Pros
Ease of use to submit a data request and the timely delivery of my returned data. In many cases, Grepsr has completed my deliverable faster than expected.

Cons
There have been a few times of extraction errors such as duplicate values or incomplete data having been returned in the deliverable. However, once I've identified a possible issue, the Grepsr team is quick to resolve with follow up.

Prithvi Dhanda

Great Product! Great Service!

Reviewed 2019-07-18

Overall, I have been extremely pleased with Grepsr's product and service.

Pros
The ease of use and customisations levels are excellent.

Cons
One a few occasions the data needed to be re-processed due to inconsistency.

Priyanka Valecha

Improvements/Suggestion

Reviewed 2019-07-25

I feel constantly updated about my request - Prompt replies by reps.

Pros
it's good. Team is great Appreciate the quick turn around

Cons
1. It would be great to have web platform to see the status of all file and download from there. Email updates sometimes are repeated or sometimes go in spam 2. Can we have the functionality of running the software in live or like pull new posts every month, rather than running the entire query again?

Response from Grepsr

Hi Priyanka,
We really appreciate your taking the time to leave the review and suggestions.
We do have a web-based platform (app.grepsr.com) where users can preview & download their data, run on-demand, customize data delivery & crawl schedules, and much more.
We always look forward to hearing from our customers. We'll definitely take the suggestions for improvement on board and work towards making the app even better.
Thanks!

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Kyrylo 🛫 🛩️ ✈️

Super product for those who need to get data fast and easy

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2019-07-19

I struggled a lot with DataMiner and still can't manage using it. Grepsr literally saved me, It's simply intuitive and easy to use. I had one page where data was taken not properly. After submitting information on to support they fixed that in one day. Such an amazing result even keeping in mind that I am not a paid, customer. Thanks a lot

Pros
Easy to use Free Extension Intuitive Support is great

Cons
Some pages could not be taken, but Support helps very fast

Response from Grepsr

Thanks for such a stellar review, Kyrylo!
Here at Grepsr, we value every customer highly, whether or not they're paying members.
Although our Chrome extension is handy for simple websites, we're constantly working on improving its usability on more complex ones.
We're delighted that we managed to get the job done and you got to experience our amazing support!

Girish Mallapragada

Excellent Scraping Service and Tools

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-06-18

The tech team is very responsive and the in-account messaging service is very convenient. Turnaround times are​ world-class. I would not hesitate to recommend their services.

Pros
Ease of Use Customer Support Ease of Transaction

Cons
Nothing to complain about at all. Everything was great.

Neil Kamdar

Great Service

Reviewed 2019-07-23

It has been a great service and product. We have found great value and continue to use them because of their delivery/quality, customer service, timeliness. As a software business, we have clients that need their work as quick as possible. The team at Grepsr always delivers.

Pros
This is a great service. The team is very responsive and always delivers their stated data on time. I've used them on several occasions always with great results.

Cons
I think it could be a bit easier with the intake form and the time. Additionally if there are any mistakes in the data set, it often takes a few days to rectify.

Federico Alvarez del Blanco

Grepsr is incredibly helpful to help us gain insights faster

Reviewed 2019-07-23

GREPSR has been essential for me to gain insights around how conversation are taking place throughout a wide variety of mediums. GREPSR helps me to understand any thing from the latest perception in shoe sneakers, to how patients are talking in a highly specific online medical forum.

Pros
- Easy to use platform - Dedicated team that quickly answers any questions around viability of data extraction - Data extraction arrives very quickly and helps us move faster

Cons
- Mistakes happen in data extraction exercises; 20-40% of the time I need to get back to the GREPSR team - Large time zones are great, because GREPSR team can work on our data extraction while our team is out of office, but when questions arise, our team needs to wait for their response

Caroline Sawin

Good, easy to use

Reviewed 2019-07-23

Pros
It is easy to use, you get data quickly and they can scrape lots of different types of data sources with lots of metadata attached.

Cons
There can be some weird characters in the posts, the format of the sheet can sometimes be off

Response from Grepsr

Hi Caroline,
Thank you for leaving a positive review.
We're delighted that you find our platform easy to use.
Regarding the weird characters, this is mainly a CSV issue, which is resolved when the data format is XLSX (Excel). We've made both formats available for your future requests.
Thanks!

Allen Klein-Qiu

Review of Grepsr Services

Reviewed 2019-07-23

Had a positive experience working with their team. They were able to tailor some of the data templates and delivery for our business, at a small cost. Although it involved multiple iterations with some QC errors and back-and-forth, was satisfied with the end results.

Pros
-easy to use google form to queue data pulls -quick turnaround on requests -communicative and helpful management -reasonable pricing model -Flexible and cooperative in terms of refining product for business needs

Cons
-occasional QA missteps created extra work on part of team -occasional QC errors in reading request specifics (custom request language ignored and returned a generic pull, for example)

Lance Harris

Invaluable Service

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-07-18

Customer service has been great. They are very helpful getting the information you need.

Pros
The Grespr service makes gathering and processing information extremely easy. Saves a lot of time and has helped build key data sets.

Cons
At times the output comes out incorrectly or misses information.

Lisa Sinay

Best value for data mining

Reviewed 2019-06-25

Grepsr has saved me literally thousands of dollars and man hours by providing me with the raw data to build content in my map driven website.

Pros
After working with a competitor, Grepsr is by far the best value for concierge data mining. Their customer service and turnaround is stellar. They work with you to customize the data in the format you need. I have already recommended them to other businesses.

Cons
My only complaint is the invoices do not reflect the title of the scrape which makes it difficult to reconcile when there are many crawlers with the same pricing.

Rakesh Sharma

Making data accessible

Reviewed 2012-01-19

Grepsr is an action or a tool that “grep” (for grab -> extract -> process) data. Grepsr really is easy. Extracting data is a matter of explaining requirements. You can do this either through text or uploading a file (or snapshot) or using a browser addon. The user is encouraged to add as much detail as possible while specifying requirements. The Grepsr staff gets to work immediately after the request is submitted and promise to service your request within a single day. The interface is clean and simple, with each tab corresponding to a particular system view including your projects and extractors.

Pros
Simplifies a complex process and makes data accessible

Cons
Tools to enhance data presentation would be nice

richard kilshaw

Vehicle Data

Reviewed 2019-07-21

Grepsr supplied us with test data needed for our automotive lease application. We were able to pass proof of concept with this information

Pros
Grepsr maintained the data collection integrity well over the course of the project

Cons
user interface on the support site was a little clunky

Zach M

Game Changing Enrichment

Reviewed 2019-07-19

Customer service is second to none. Pricing is fantastic for SMB to enterprise.

Pros
Truly enriching our datasets with otherwise unattainable data. Comparable costs to a previously highly manual set of processes.

Cons
Previously it was not self service, they have since launched this feature.

Tobias Kaplan

Grepsr works well, reasonably priced

Reviewed 2019-08-20

Pros
Grepsr works well, reasonably priced. I used their custom build option and they've been sending me the data on a daily basis

Cons
They quoted me a price and did charge extra later for something they missed during their initial quote

Chase Easley

Very good!

Reviewed 2018-02-01

Pros
I think that this tool has really helped me over the past few months in my ability to perform my Job well

Cons
I think that sometimes this platform could be developed in a different way to make it more easy to learn

Gayatri Krishnan

Super useful tool! Always delivers with great results.

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-07-23

Pros
The efficiency is unparalleled. Grepsr gets me the data I need in record time. The support staff at Grepsr is great! Anytime there is an issue (which isn't often), they're always quick to respond.

Cons
Very occasionally, there'll be a snag in the data in terms of it all not being there, or a file looking weird. However, the support staff is SO responsive that any issue I have gets resolved in no time!

Response from Grepsr

Thank you for the positive review, Gayatri!
Everyone here at Grepsr is highly committed to our clients' success. We hope to continue our collaboration for a long time to come.

Aniruddh Pandit

Clean Deliverables, Good Service

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-07-18

Pros
Got what I needed at a fair price. Customer service was clear and helpful. Deliverables were problem-free and prompt.

Cons
I would love more opportunities to brainstorm approaches to data collection with Grepr team members.

Bergur Enghamar

Great costumer support when its needed

Reviewed 2019-11-01

Pros
They are fast to reply, and fast to fix any problem we have had with changing design on we website we are scraping from.

Cons
I havent had any problems using grepsr..

Oliver Hass

Great Product & Service

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-07-08

Pros
Easy to use and understand and the customer service was very helpful and responsive. But most of all great value for money

Cons
The format presented was in a csv-format which I didn't know and only looks presentable in certain tools. An already formated excel-file would be better

Response from Grepsr

Hi Oliver! Thanks for the 5-star review.
We're delighted you found our service helpful and responsive.
Regarding the data format, while CSV is the default data delivery format, we do offer the option to export data as XLSX (Excel) and other formats (JSON, YAML, XML) under the Data Delivery tab.
Hope this helps! Thanks again.

Geovane Rainoni

Review Grepsr

Reviewed 2019-07-29

Pros
Easy to use, excellent service and no delay at delivery.

Cons
Failed to scraping webmotors.