Additional information for Papertrail
Key features of Papertrail
View All Features
- Full-text search
- Simple REST API.
- Save searches to reuse
- Lightweight Ruby daemon
- File-to-syslog app log collector
- Realtime event viewer
- HTTP to app notifications
- Archive indefinitely on Amazon S3
- Hostname wildcards
- Download old logs
- "Curated" log dashboard
- Graph with Librato Metrics, and GeckoBoard
- Nightly summary emails, copy-friendly links
- Hadoop (Amazon EMR) integration
- Auto-scaling cloud system integrations
- OS X Dashboard widget.
Use Papertrail To...
- Troubleshoot fast.
Diagnosing a monitoring alert, app server error, customer service ticket, or missing email? Just search or tail.
Full-text search. Message, metadata, even sub-strings. Learn more
Jump to a time, system, group of systems, or context.
Save searches to reuse (even let coworkers see).
- See related events together.
Create flexible log views in a few clicks.
Turn related systems into event streams, like NY colo, Big App, or DB servers.
Automatically put new systems in the right place using hostname wildcards.
Save searches to create a "curated" log dashboard.
- Spread visibility around.
Help less-technical staff take advantage of logs (without SSH/RDP knowledge or access).
A lead engineer can populate groups, searches, and alerts that the team can use.
Stay current without logging in. Nightly summary emails, copy-friendly links.
One syntax works for Web, CLI, and API.