zipBoard

Bug tracking solution for web developers and designers

zipBoard Reviews

Michaela P.

I like the ease of use of zipBoard and that I can take screenshots and point the person in charge to the exact location. The filter options are also great.

Michaela P.

Another huge plus about zipboard is their customer service. Very responsive, helpful, and where they can make immediate tweaks or improvements, they did.

Cori A.

Cons

ZipBoard can be confusing to use at first, and sometimes it doesn't work on certain internet browsers or computers, which is incredibly frustrating.

Megan W.

When working with a lot of contributors, it was getting complicated to see what changes were made and what ones may have been missed, without having the previous version as a comparison.

Melissa D.

I didn't really run into anything that I disliked.

Tyler B.

4.4

Great for long distance freelance

I've recently left a full time job and started doing contract freelance work. I also moved across the country, so some of my clients are in my former place of residence. Working remotely, when you can't just pop into a client's office to walk through a project, can be challenging. Zip board allowed us to easily talk through aspects of a site design project, and offer on the fly comments and feedback....

Pros

Incredibly easy to use and for me, and for my clients.

Cons

I didn't really run into anything that I disliked

Still on the way to be a great tool

It has been a great tool since we migrated from google docs to this, great visual aids and a perfect way to control assignments, versions, etc. Very recomendable but still a few fixes to be done.

Pros

The visual aids and features it has for both the reviewer and the creator of the content. Ease of use for most of the review tools Very easy to use Interface

Cons

Still needs to be polished, when the task list is updated, it automatically moves back to page 1, that is really bothering while working. On the Pin and add comment screen, navigation is a little complicated, most of the people use left click to navigate, but here, it adds a pin that cannot be erased, it only erases if you don't fill anything on it.

Great platform, would love to see some of the functionality expanded.

I previously used Airtable for tracking web change requests, and I loved the functionality of this platform however it could be hard for clients to utilise without seeing the comments in the context of the website. Some suggestions: - Allow drag & drop sorting of tasks - Allow task list to remember your sort order from last time instead of defaulting to post date, eg. I don't have to select to sort...

Pros

Screenshot functionality with comments shown on page, ability to post comments within a stream although these can be difficult to read. If status changes were a different colour that would help.

Cons

Can be a clunky user experience, especially from a client perspective, so it can be hard to collaborate within this platform. They tend to resort to emailing their feedback instead of creating tasks. Do you have any basic user guides for logging in, accessing the website review page, creating tasks and tagging users or reassigning?

Collaboration and Tracking Made Easy

My team had a very positive experience with zipBoard being able to track our progress, assign tasks, etc. I would definitely recommend others check it out.

Pros

We used the software for tracking our website update project that includes 4 separate websites. Pros were being able to organize our project into easily digestible chunks, make timelines and have all members view them, assign tasks to individuals, and even be able to take a screenshot and comment directly on the screenshot for all to see - this made it much easier for people to know what you're talking about!

Cons

The only con I saw was that it took a little bit of effort to understand all of the features, and use them appropriately. Honestly, though, that's probably my fault than Zipboard's. They have a great feature suite, even for freemium users!

An Excellent Tool for Developers and Testers

Pros

zipBoard has very intuitive user interface. Once the user is onboarded, they do not need any manual or help documentation to get started. Workflow is very easy to implement starting from creating project till the signing off from the client. Those who want to start your career as freelancer or web agency, I highly recommend zipBoard.

Cons

I wish the design can be much more fluid in terms of navigation and performance. We cannot see the lag in the naked eye, but it can be improved.

Great Tool for Basic Annotation, Quick Engagement

Great tool, would use it again as needed.

Pros

It was quite easy to set up and figure out, and let me do all of the things I wanted to do to communicate with my team.

Cons

The only thing that would be better (but I suspect is quite difficult), would be to annotate a living copy of the website, instead of individual image captures. You lose a bit of the navigational feel while doing the annotation and commenting on it, but that's not a particularly big issue, just a "nice-to-have".

Still a kid in features

Average

Pros

The concept of the applciaiton is good, but needs to add some more features , as of now the applciation is lack of reports

Cons

Screenshot review - as it is not addign any value, it is better on clicking it should open the same page to see on live.

Such a time saver

Awsome for team collab around visually focussed projects like web design. Once you try it, you'll never want to go back to typing out all the bugs and feedback in an email or chatbox (and then also trying to interpret what someone is trying to tell you).

Pros

LOVE zipboard. (Free to use for basic needs, too). For most projects, software like Asana or Monday might be enough. For team collaboration projects that center around visual projects like website design, this is a game-changer. Helped save so much time to just point an arrow at an object on a webpage and say something like "this needs moved to the right side and color changed to brand red". It's all about the show, less tell, and tons of time is saved because of it.

Cons

Some of the UI could be a little better. But overall it's easy enough to use and quickly figure out that it's not an issue.

Young but promising piece of project management tool

I am collaborating on a small website with a team of developers and a few stakeholders who just want to see the progress by being notified. What brought me to zip board was their plan 1 free project plan and the fact that I can easily attach screenshots to tasks

Pros

- Ease of collaboration on tasks and keeping stakeholders notified. - Very responsive customer support

Cons

- Many snags. Although they don't bother me because none of them is a blocker and I see the team working fast on their backlog.

Good tool for bug tracking

Pros

The user interface and ease of use. We can also switch between table and Kanban view.

Cons

There is nothing to dislike. It solves the purpose like a charm.

Incredibly effective platform for communicating with clients on web development

Love it. Small hiccups here and there but excellent product and does what I need it to do.

Pros

*Ease of use: clients who self-identify as "not a computer whiz" had no trouble using the platform and features. *Ability for client to view a webpage, click somewhere on it, make a comment about that area, and move on...all while tasks get created and organized in a "to do" list gets generated in the background...makes client feedback a BREEZE. *Effective tracking: even if the client isn't labeling...

Cons

When the "collaborator" (ability to add a "client" is an enterprise only, custom price point) provides feedback, the task status isn't automatically changed from "waiting on client feedback" - so the "collaborator" (ie, my client) has to manually change the status to something else - otherwise the task, although provided with feedback, remains in the "I'm waiting on you" stage. The method for changing...

zipBoard is an excellent support and task management tool

Implementing zipBoard into our development process has taken the team from using antiquated manual processes to an easy to use, globally accessible, online process. The application is flexible in how projects are set up and managed. zipBoards environment allows multiple projects to be set up and managed uniquely; where other tools force a specific method for everything, zipBoard gives you and your team some elbow room. The views into your projects are also extremely helpful, there are multiple ways to view what is going on within the project, and the client and the internal team can both access the data while still preserving the integrity and security of internal information.

Pros

One of the strong points of the application is the ability to review the web based content, images, documents, or PDFs as the end viewer/learner. It allows the reviewer to experience the process from the actual finished viewing perspective. The ease of use is also very impressive, the reviewer selects the link and they are immediately directed to the presentation/web site/document/etc. It's just simple. From a task management perspective, the application is also extremely simple and logical. Customer or client feedback is easily reviewed and processed. Internal feedback is also incredibly easy to process, and with the actual location of any reported issues pinned to the task, resolution and validation is intuitive.

Cons

There really isn't any; the application is easy to use, intuitive, and consistently reliable.

Its a progressive approach to QA tracking, can still better UX functionality

I experience zipboard as a developer, so my tasks are uploading files, addressing QA edits and changing status of tasks so QA can sign off bugs, etc. Its been a good experience and I've heard that customer service is super attentive but the tool needs to refine their overall user experience for shortcuts, etc. Its a really great concept and has potential to more success. I think the branding identity is weak and does not portray much credibility but maybe that can be re-designed later on.

Pros

The interface concept is simple and easy to use, even though it still has some sections where it could be better. There are big buttons for you to click on tasks, upload files, add collaborators and share your projects.

Cons

For developers reviewing client or internal issues, you have to go back and forth to filter the status of each task, clicking and taking to another window. I feel like if there are shortcuts that allow the user to change the status of an open item directly from the tasks, it would be easier for the reviewers. Also, I've noticed some of our clients have issues reviewing, they need to create a login and some just don't have the time, not sure if this is a bug but it could be resolved if its not supposed to happen.

Great tool to review eLearning projects

zipBoard definitely sped up our workflow and now we have less errors thanks to the software. There is still room for improvement and I like that the team is constantly working on new features and is very supportive when we want to add a feature or change something.

Pros

Cons

The software is sometimes buggy and freezes. When we work on a large project, it sometimes does not work. We've had clients refusing to use the software because of firewall restrictions.

Digital Product Reviews with east

Pros

-Simple and easy way to track needed edits -Ability to see exact locations of needed changes -Collaboration of the entire team and client in one place -Tracking all changes throughout the life of a project -Customer support

Cons

-Missing a few features, like the ability to archive older versions / feedback, but these are being rolled out continuously -Occasional down times, but this is getting less frequent -User interface is still a little clunky and needs some updates

The easiest & most useful, but not the only place to find jobs

i wish more job boards made it this easy to apply. i also like the feature that lets me know if a company is interested in me. i guess another thing would be that i've yet to get a job through this site.

Pros

lots of local listings, very easy to use and apply for jobs

Cons

hard to find remote jobs, not all job matches are a true match, too many emails matching me to jobs that don't match, and misleading headlines in the emails saying there are certain types of jobs available, but when i look at the listing it doesn't add up

Great and Easy to Use

We are a mid-tier manufacturer who has to organize jobs by contract, shipping destination, and timeline. zipBoard allows us to see all of our jobs in one place and easily organize them by priority, especially in this busy time of the year.

Pros

The user interface is very easy to navigate and nothing to tucked behind confusing menu options. When you click on an option, you get what you click and nothing else.

Cons

The color scheme can sometimes be a bit glaring if you're working late at night with your laptop as the only light source. Not a huge problem, but something worth noting.

Faster review cycles

Pros

Easy to use. Like that fixes and changes are reported in context, you don't have to find the slide that has the error. Good for remote review. I like the link for a reviewer has a how-to video before they use the software. Yet some still don't follow it!

Cons

I've had some SME reviewers mix up slide titles with comments on the content. In other words, they did add a comment on screen, they clicked the title and made the comment there. So it can be confusing for some.

zipBoard product review

Pros

I loved how efficient and quick it was to learn on this software

Cons

The least thing I liked was the navigation in the beginning. Tutorials would be much eaeir

Surprises that keep on coming

Keeping track of all the feedback to development team giving accountability when the feedback is applied

Pros

Ease to use, trackable tasks to my developers bridging the communication on between members of my team

Cons

I was initially driven to try the slack integration but the excess of messages for each one of the tasks was too overwhelming. I wish you could send at most 1 message per capture or allow the reviewer to control when to send the messages

Great Tool!

Client review and feedback is made much easier and faster with zB.

Pros

It makes working with clients for reviews seamless and saves SO much time. Efficiency is a huge reason why we went with zipBoard.

Cons

Nothing of note. We have had a very wonderful experience so far.

Awesome & must have tool

It's an excellent tool, must have for any organisation who work with images and videos. For elearning industry it will be a great help

Pros

1. Assigning the task to individuals 2. Status for fix has the right no options to select as compared to other competitors

Cons

1. Type of the fix - customizable or type name change option . In our case we have a list of fixes "types" like OST, Animation, VO, grammar, etc

Perfect for Website Audits

Pros

Here's the thing, I'm a visual thinker and so are my clients. In meetings you will find us drawing things out and explaining ideas with pictures. When it comes to websites, explaining changes and revisions becomes harder because you can't just start drawing on your screen. That's where zipBoard makes our lives so much easier. We can easily make comments and describe changes right where we need them rather than going in circles on email. It also helps us out with website audits for potential clients to show proposed changes in design. We can easily make relevant notes that are not only helpful for us but easy for our client's to understand. It doesn't take long to familiarize yourself with the software and the Chrome extension just amplifies that.

Cons

There really aren't many negatives that I can say about zipBoard. Overall, I've had a great experience using it.

Must have for any team working on a website

Pros

Zipboard has been amazing for quickly being able to point out complex or difficult to explain changes that need to be made on our website. Rather than write up a small book I can quickly use the provided tools to visually capture the problem and point, encircle, and write a note connected to the needed changes. It has saved us so much time and increased productivity. Highly recommend.

Cons

Getting around the software can be a bit confusing at times. Once you get the hang of it, how things are organized, it starts to make more sense.

Great freemium product

I use zipboard to field feedback from my UX design clients, so we can perform fast iterations and keep projects moving quickly while maintaining the quality.

Pros

Ability to zoom in on large photos and annotate. Other prototyping tools are buggy or restrictive in this sense, which really limits commentary on things like large wireframes.

Cons

The performance could be better. I upload relatively small image files (<10mb) and panning while zoomed is laggy. Not the end of the world.