Firm Central Reviews

3.61/5 (57 reviews)

Bryce Edward Pagel

A great system that may one day be magnificent.

Reviewed 2018-05-10

Client/Matter management and organization. Document builder. Time/Expense billing and accounting.Potentially any firm could be run on Firm Central almost exclusively. It's designed to contain anything and everything a firm could administratively need, and succeeds on most levels in that regard. Customer service has been exceptional as well. Each member of the team that I have spoken to has been consistently helpful. In situations where they could not help me with my concerns, they took the information I provided back to their team to implement features on my recommendation - they even called me personally and excitedly announced the implementation of those features.

Mark Werner

My 2 1/2 Year Experience With Firm Central

Reviewed 2016-08-23

Overall, I have been pleased with the features offered by Firm Central. I like the ease of saving and retrieving files stored in matters, and it is fairly easy to open new client files and matters.Creating client files and sub-files. It is pretty intuitive, and I can find just about everything that I have saved. The Technical Support is great, and I usually have a very short wait to get in to talk with them. They have always been helpful.

David Sergi

A Good Start

Reviewed 2017-09-29

It gave us a strong platform to work from I like the look and feel of the program. I like the stability. I love Deadline Assistant and I love the West Support

Emily Ivy

Not user friendly and difficult invoice/billing system.

Used other for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-01-22
Review Source: Software Advice

The cons definitely outweigh the pros here. If you are a person who needs your computer systems to be intuitive and user friendly then do not use Firm Central. Firm Central offers a lot of teaching help, but it was still just too difficult for me to learn a "better" way of working with it. I thought that the frustrations I was feeling when I first started using the product would lessen - you always have a learning curve whatever system you use and Firm Central truly does have a great one-on-one learning system. But as I used the product more and became more used to it, it's only gotten worse. Firm Central has actually kept me from doing a lot of my office work because it is so difficult to use. I'm going to have to purchase another firm management system even though I still have around 5 months left on my Firm Central contract. Price is not bad. I was offered a "2 for 1" deal. Also, Firm Central is just generally a good price for a firm management system. Great support. Firm Central offers a really in-depth one-on-one learning opportunity to help you get to know the system. Firm Central also offers teaching tools like pdfs and videos. They are usually easy to find. Easy file saving. You could save client files, word docs., etc. onto Firm Central through a desktop app. Very helpful.

Garry L. Davis

SAVE YOURSELF THE AGGRAVATION - DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT

Reviewed 2017-02-17

Firm Central has been a complete disaster for my firm. I have a small (6 attorney) immigration law boutique practice and have been in business for 10 years. When we were considering changing our client database management system, we had a wish list of things we needed a new system to do that would be an improvement over our previous system. When presented multiple times to the sales person Thompson Reuters sent over to us, he assured us repeatedly that it could do what we needed it to. Turns out, after we signed the long term expensive contract, it was mostly lies. We got jobbed big time. After a while of using it, frustration mounting, costs rising, we got the IT guys on the phone to help us figure out what we were doing wrong. The sales person was so convincing, we kept thinking it must have been user error. We tried training, doing things different ways, etc., and nothing worked. When we connected with the IT guys, most of our conversation was met with responses of, "Nope, it can't do that. Never could, never will. What made you guys think it could?" It was crazy. So, realizing it was not going to work for us, and that we had been sold a bill of goods by the sales person, we confronted Thompson Reuters and requested that we be let out of the contract. Fat chance. They told us to shove it, not caring that we were lied to by the sales person. Apparently, that was his responsibility, it's on him and us for being suckers enough to believe what we were told. So here we are, stuck with paying tons of money for a product that is counterproductive to our business. Please don't get suckered like we did. Amusingly, we got a call from someone whose only job is to call people to find out why they are cancelling. The person actually admitted that to us. So many people cancel that they have people employed just to find out why. Don't buy it.Actually we had a very good experience, the only one, with the off boarding customer service folks. They were very nice and really helpful. Made it easy to get everything moved over from Firm Central to our new system that actually works.

Joseph Seagle

It sucks you in and won't let go except for a price

Reviewed 2016-06-15

We've been using Firm Central for 16 months. The reason I know exactly how long we've been using it is because I had to sign a contract for 3 years. You see, West ties Firm Central to your WestlawNext and Doc & Form Building subscriptions, so each time you want to add a new employee as a user, you are required to renew your contract for all of the products you have from them. Therefore, your contract will never end so long as your firm keeps growing. If that employee leaves and you no longer need them to be a user on the system, they don't then shorten the contract back to its prior term, however.Easy to use and intuitive. The link to WestlawNext and Doc & Form Builder is very helpful, but it's not enough to make it worth the price. The Deadline Assistant integration is very helpful as well. But all of these programs can be used separate and apart from Firm Central, so don't feel like you have to buy Firm Central to get access to them.

Frank Rocco

Excellent sales support and amazing tech training.

Reviewed 2017-07-18

Simply being better organized.Its intuitiveness, flexibility and ease of use. We used ProLaw some 10+ years ago and I recall that invoicing, pre-billing and matter creation were fairly tough. Firm Central is a breeze to use and even the moderately difficult stuff is easily retained after simps explanations.

Anonymous

Great all in one platform

Reviewed 2018-02-15

The integration with westlaw researching is great. Firm central documents display when conducting westlaw research so you essentially can look on your own system for information while searching westlaw. The customer support is great, but if it's after business hours the 24/7 support is farmed overseas, which is similar to no customer service at all.

Michael Resnick

Project management team has been incredible and made our transition seamless.

Reviewed 2018-05-30

Total firm management from one platform and scalable for a big firm with lots of cases. Project management team has been an absolute godsend for us!The platform is so intuitive and the customization is superb. The system is quick and we have everything we need at our fingertips to run our firm for the foreseeable future. I am blown away by how professional, prompt and helpful Project management team assigned to my account has been.I can't say enough good things about the team. they have gone above and beyond what I expected from Firm Central and stepped into the shoes of the tech assigned for my migration since he was away on vacation. Team helped us troubleshoot the migration process and we are up and running already with over 730 active lawsuits! AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Carol Cooper

Great product.

Reviewed 2016-10-18

As a start up firm, we were looking for one product that would handle everything for us -- document management, time and billing and calendar. After working 25 years at a very large law firm I knew there had to be a program available that would do everything in one package. Firm Central was the only product I found that could do it all, eliminating the need for multiple subscriptions from multiple software companies. The software package was loaded remotely and after viewing a short tutorial, I was able to immediately begin setting up client files and adding documents. I found all facets of the program easy to navigate, the tutorials are great, the ongoing technical support is always one click or one phone call away. I have been very impressed with everything about Firm Central, the software, the tutorials and the knowledge of all the support people I have spoken with by phone or corresponded with by email. I highly recommend Firm Central to anyone looking for one comprehensive software package to handle document management, calendars and time and billing.One program does everything we need.

Janet Canon

Not entirely user-friendly, but good bang for your buck

Reviewed 2018-12-04

The calendaring feature is great! Most of the people we have asked for help with the program have been extremely responsive and helpful.

Lauren Easter

Firm Central Case Mangement Review

Reviewed 2018-12-04

I like how it is very user freindly. It is easy to navigate, and customer support is excellent.

Jill M. Zuccardy

This program is easy to use because it is intuitive

Reviewed 2018-02-06

It saves me a lot of time because it is much easier to use than other programs. Speaking from the perspective of a small firm, this software is ideal for time keeping and billing. It is easy to open a client and a matter, and to generate invoices. It is easy to access off-site. The ease of use and portability to different devices makes it more likely that you will capture your time because you can just do it on the spot (e.g., in court) I also like that my client information is kept on TR servers rather than in the Cloud.

Betsy Fischer

Hate this product

Reviewed 2017-10-01

I can do legal research. Of course, I get a free research tool with my bar dues so that really isn't that great of a benefit.

Wendy Lang

Fenton was very helpful and knowledgeable

Reviewed 2017-10-10

Having everything in one place. The matter page for each client is neat, organized and easy to read.

Kim Grayson

Customer service has been great, very responsive when I have had problem/question.

Reviewed 2017-05-19

I love the fact that the new Time and Billing syncs with QuickBooks. Invoicing is so much easier with Time and Billing.

Amanda Sheldon

Firm Central Review

Reviewed 2018-09-13

I like the ease of use that this software provides.

James Tomkins

We have been using since May and like the product quite well.

Reviewed 2017-10-09

Efficiency and reasonably easy to use.What we like best about the product is the integration of the case management software and the billing software. We previously used Amicus and Timeslips and had to transfer data between each and it tending to be a bit unstable. Also like the appearance of the billing documents. Very clean and professional.

Cassie Lallo

Overall a great program that helps firms stay organized

Reviewed 2018-02-07

Deadline Assistant Communication In-house Links to Calendar SystemDeadline Assistant Communication in House New Matter Set up Links to Calendar in Outlook Customer support has been wonderful

Savannah Estenson

The customer service & support that comes with the software is by far the best part. Customer support is A+

Reviewed 2018-05-10

It actually protected us from a ransomware attack that annihilated all of our files on our serverI like the cloud-based technology and the constant updates to improve the software. Additionally, it is very user-friendly and the customer support is great. We love Customer support and she's always there to answer our questions.

Mark Hinrichs

Firm Central has organized my practice

Reviewed 2016-08-15

firm central has proved to be a very helpful and effective tool for my practice. It is the assistant/paralegal that I haven't hired to date. the outstanding customer service. Both the firm software account personnel and the technical support personnel have been great. Additional, firm central is a very comprehensive management and billing tool that has cut the time required to complete the various administrative tasks required of a solo practitioner running a criminal defense practice.

Matt Welker

Walk Law Firm, M.Welker Review of Matt Zempel

Reviewed 2016-09-19

Firm Central is a fine product. It has some features that are geared more toward Litigation firms and not business firms, such as ourselves. Ease of access. Syncing capabilities.

David McDowell

Not what we expected.

Reviewed 2018-10-22

I would not recommend it.The sales presentation was good. The software itself has not performed well.

Jennifer Wyatt

Good product, but not as easy to use as was anticipated.

Reviewed 2017-09-29

Having all case components centralized in one location.The comprehensive nature of the system. Having every aspect of a case in one central location, i.e. calendar, contacts, specific case information, billing, research..

Delambert Rose

Firm Central Review

Reviewed 2016-09-01

Sales (Dennis Petronack) and support have both been superb. Product has been helpful to the limited purposes for which I currently use it.At this point, I am not using the billing and calendaring features. I am a transactional attorney, and I subscribed to Firm Central in order to have a secure document repository. What I like most is that I am able to upload my own materials to Firm Central, and search them using the WestLaw search algorithm, including boolean logic.