LeadDyno Reviews

4.33/5 (88 reviews)

Oliver Schmalholz

Great affiliate tracking solution at a reasonable price

Reviewed 2018-09-09

Pros
1. Really nice UI - easy to understand 2. Great info on leads, like geographic information and cool cashboard 3. A simple one line tracking code was added to our affiliate pages and check-out pages, very quick to start. 4. Open API, so if you want to work with the data you have the option. We are a SaaS based company and do have an in-house development team, this was a major requirement. 5. Flexibility for level 2 commissions so you can pay super-commissions 6. We use HubSpot as our CRM and LeadDyno is an integration partner

Cons
The only thing I wished that went differently, we have a tricky set-up with the way our affiliate deals are set up and it could have been addressed if we knew during on-boarding, took some time to clean up/reverse. But LeadDyno did the right thing and helped us getting it corrected - much appreciated. For new users I highly suggest you discuss your exact affiliate program set-up and make sure you set up things correct from the start.

Miranda Bond

DON'T EVEN CONSIDER USING THIS APP

Reviewed 2019-05-10

When they do finally get back to you days later they don't actually help you at all, they ask you questions like "sorry what account are you" even when you've given them your emails, your links, your exact details. Then you have to wait again for them to even consider your question. Eventually they told me that I had to wait for their shopify technician to come back from holidays. When that finally happened they told me we had to reinstall everything. We tried that multiple times didn't work. Finally after leaving it for a week we did another reinstall and finally leaddyno started to get data from shopify. Yay, we thought we are getting somewhere - ONLY TO FIND NONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS WERE WORKING. We went back to support yet again - by now about the 15th time, explained everything again and guess what we got "sorry what account are you" despite having fully given them all the details. We thought we will try one last time and the response we got last night - "the link is the wrong domain". Literally that is all the email says, no explanation of what they mean by that. The link contains our exact correct domain so we have absolutely no idea what they are on about. Finally after 8 weeks and SO MUCH TIME AND EFFORT we are uninstalling and it literally brings me to tears the amount of time and energy we have put into this worthless app. JUST DON'T GO NEAR THEM THEY ARE UTTERLY USELESS.

Pros
I did not like anything because I could not get the thing to work EVER.

Cons
DO NOT USE LEADDYNO. DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER IT. For 2 months now we have been trying to get this system working. I spent a huge amount of time initially getting it set up correctly, creating all the content and the terms of conditions, instructions for affiliates etc. I correctly set up all of our affiliates. We created blog content, banners, ads, tiles, facebook and social posts you name it. We had our affiliates build their websites using their affiliate links. Great everything set up and when we pushed live NOTHING. The system could not get any data whatsoever. It was like it just couldn't talk to Shopify at all. There began 6 weeks of going round and round the houses with the abysmal Leaddyno support. They present themselves as a global company - what a joke. I'm based in Australia and the only time they make themselves available is between midnight and 5am - not really practical for a single mother! The Live Chat on their so called support is utterly useless, they have no power to do anything, cannot help you in any way not even with the most basic questions, all they can do is log a support ticket for you. So all we had was the ability to send an email and wait till they graciously get back to us.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Jeremy Boggess

How NOT to train your sales staff

Reviewed 2015-03-03

I am looking for an affiliate tracking software and someone suggested LeadDyno as an alternative to Ambassador. I asked for a comparison, and their answer was "We're cheaper and have customer support :)". A bit on the nose, but it fell apart after that! The rep didn't know anything about Ambassador and just sent me to a feature video. Then he started attacking them over and over again, even though he admitted he knew NOTHING about their product I suggested that attacking them wasn't going to get the sale and I just wanted a feature comparison chart. Now they are human and obviously had little sales training, so as a business owner, I thought it would be best if I let their Sales Director know. Here is where the one star comes in. His reaction was "Thanks Jeremy. If you have specific questions about LeadDyno please let me know." and "Sorry I don't have a chart handy for him to use, so that'd be my fault.". That was it! If my sales reps did this, I would be calling the client immediately to talk in person, thanking them for letting me know about needing to train my team more, and doing everything in my power to make sure this didn't blow up. I looked back at what I wrote to both of them and I was trying to calm THEM down. Then their CEO responded with several sentences giving excuses of why he thought the customer service was OK. Despite 4 emails, no one said "I'm sorry you had a bad customer experience", only blaming bad customers, high volume chats, with defensive posture and passive aggressive comments. They actually went so far as stating that they thought the customer service was fine!! I feel sad for the sales rep as it is obvious that the problem comes directly from the Co-owners.

Response from LeadDyno

Unfortunately Jeremy verbally attacked a hardworking member of our support team right out of the gates on Live Chat.

****

Jeremy: I recommend your team put together a features comparison page :)

Our Chat Agent: Thanks for the feedback.

Jeremy: No problem. I have done that to my competitors as well, so I know you just feel great about your product :)

Our Chat Agent: We created LeadDyno because we tried them all ourselves and weren't happy. We were looking for an affiliate program for our sister company

Jeremy: Dude you are so defensive!!

****

Jeremy then wrote to me advising that I "immediately fire our support agent."

Our Agent has been with us for over a year. He's outstanding. And it's not his fault he doesn't have a competitor comparison page.

First, unlike Jeremy, we do not obsess over our competitors. We focus on making our product as good as it can be, based on the feedback we get from our own customers.

In my 10+ years as a software entrepreneur, I've learned it's better to focus on making your own product better rather than obsessing over what competitors are doing.

So, when I refused to fire our Agent:

Jeremy then wrote to me:

"The fact that you weren't willing to take responsibility for your team member's reaction shows that you need to seriously adjust how you do your training."

However I had taken full responsibility for the conversation previously, when I wrote that it was my fault he didn't have a comparison page handy.

****

Our CEO then wrote directly to Jeremy in an attempt to calm him down:

"Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your feedback. We are constantly reviewing and rebalancing our sales messages, taking into account both effectiveness as well as the opportunity cost of dealing with “high maintenance” customers who, too often, end up consuming quite a few sales and support resources without generating enough corresponding revenue. You would not believe some of the people that our sales team ends up dealing with, particularly via the online chat channel. This ends up, of course, short changing our “good” customers, with slower response times and a noisier support environment, something we wish very much to minimize, to keep our support at a very high level.

Looking at the original chat, I see a sequence that, in my mind, reasonably balances these competing desires given the information our sales person had available to them, but we will review this sequence, in particular, in our next sales meeting.

Carson"

To which Jeremy replied:

"Wow, all you had to say is "I'm sorry", but instead you too are on the defensive, giving me excuses and defending him instead of a simple "thanks for the feedback, we will work on it." Your company has just earned a 1 star review as obviously both you and Brett are the cause of the poor sales training.
Jeremy"

Carson then replied:

"You seem upset, Jeremy. Have we done anything to upset you?

Thank you again for considering LeadDyno.

Regards,
Carson"

We never heard back from Jeremy. He just went ahead and left this 1-star review.

Anonymous

So easy for influencers to use

Reviewed 2018-03-06

Pros
Ease of use for our influencers is the secret to LeadDyno's success. It is really simple for them to get their link and share it with their followers on social media.  Also a nice admin user interface, too. Lots of information showing where our traffic is coming from.

Cons
I've asked for more specific analytics for individual affiliates. I have been told this feature will be implemented by the end of Q1.  So easy for influencers to use Ease of use for our influencers is the secret to LeadDyno's success. It is really simple for them to get their link and share it with their followers on social media.

jarmi indriago leon

Make you social media team more efficient

Reviewed 2018-06-30

Pros
What i dont? A couple of moths later we started tu use this software to try to increase the sales of one of our clients, results appear. The integration of the colors and logos of the brand with they software is really nice. Is easy to use by our social media workes. All the Paypall options to pay commisions automatically save a lot of time

Cons
The support team take time to get in touch with you, besides that my team do not report anything to say about this app

Dana Rankin

Excellent To Use

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2018-02-01

Pros
Customer support is superb. All of my questions were answered either by email or in live chat. I enjoyed real time interactions because I as a business owner need my questions as soon as possible to help my team. This helps me to see everything that my affiliates see and pay out their commissions when due. It has step by step instructions, very easy to integrate with my e-commerce store. Now I have everything in order so that I can pay them out accurately. It also shows me who visited each of my affiliate's link visitors and what they looked at. Then I can follow up and reach out to that person to encourage them to purchase what they just viewed. Absolutely glad I chose lead dyno. GREAT VALUE at an affordable price!

Aleksei Villegas

Easy to use, integrates with most moderns shop web stores, the admin is simple and helpful!

Reviewed 2017-06-01

Pros
I work with LeadDyno, for a long time, this is a must if you are working with a tier program. The app track the location, the flow of user, and the purchases, are registered correctly with tier levels I use it with several stores including, Shopify, Woo, and Wordpress with out issues, amazing work!

Cons
I wish the integration with some other app's like zapier, convert kit, and some other that are a must too on the market today.

Dean Kurlansky

Easy to use and gets you referrals - Great work guys!

Reviewed 2015-10-13

We were looking for an affiliate tracking software to integrate into our ecommerce site. As we use a bigcommerce platform, Leaddyno was suggested and we decided to take the plunge despite not knowing much about it. It has been a great move! Easy to integrate into our ecommerce, full tracking of sales and commissions, and our affiliates love how they can view all their sales and commissions online easily and quickly. With the Leaddyno's affiliate referral system we have even managed to pick up a couple of new customers who are also affiliates with the automated emails. Customer support has also been very efficient and helpful and rectifies any issues in real time which is a real comfort. There is definitely more potential here to expand our business buy using Leaddyno, so thank you for creating this system!

Pros
- Easy to install - Easy to use - Fully transparent commission system - Lead manager accrues commissions without the use of a coupon code or affiliate link. - Simple to pay out commissions - Has multilevel commission structures - Product specific affiliate commissions

Cons
- Product specific commission rules would be helpful.

Anonymous

Favourite feature is the extensive offering of affiliate commission structures

Reviewed 2017-06-01

Pros
Best feature is the number of options for affiliate commissions. All the other products I checked out before I chose LeadDyno were only allowing you to nominate a % of customer revenue as the reward. LeadDyno allows me to choose either a % or a fixed amount, ongoing or one-off, paid immediately or after 1 month, 2 months, or anything up to 2 years after you receive the revenue. To me, this flexibility (plus the fact that it was recommended by a contact of mine) was the deciding factor in choosing LeadDyno. And I'm glad we did, because after our first 6 weeks or so, we already changed our payment commission structures, and this was very easy to do in LeadDyno.

Cons
The dashboard looks modern and nice, but it took longer than expected to find what I needed when I first set the account up. After I got some help from their LiveChat, I knew where to look and it became easier.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Horrible customer support, no tracking with LeadPages and Infusionsoft combined

Reviewed 2017-02-14

I totally agree with another review on this site that the support is horrible. I've setup LeadDyno 2 years ago, wanting to have everything ready for our launch well upfront. Paid for 2 years. Recently I needed to have it work with my Leadpages and Infusionsoft. Exchanged dozens of emails with support over 2 months, had a call with the founder. My case was totally ignored over the last month. No replies, no solution, no answer. So I switched to another system. They implemented everything very easy over 3 days, during New Years Eve even! Probably it would have worked with LeadDyno too, but somebody had to give attention to help set it up and test well. Support of LeadDyno is horrible. Even the chat window inside the application didn't work properly on several occasions. Looks great on outside, but on the inside our links were not properly tracked using LeadPages and Infusionsoft. From support no replies on several requests, if there were then the answers were slow and not relevant, no solutions. Have to leave a bad review, unless their support takes action to fix the errors with Leadpages and Infusionsoft (especially if it's on the Infusionsoft marketplace, it should integrate well, which it doesn't if you use LeadPages!)

Pros
Looks nice on the outside, and nice features (if they work)

Cons
Horrible support. Errors with Leadpages and Infusionsoft combined.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Kim Shope

Fantastic Referral App for my business!

Reviewed 2017-06-02

Pros
This was the 2nd referral app I have used and it is far superior. It easily tracks my Affiliates’ sales whether they are coming from FB, Youtube or their site. I appreciate that I can also track my own links’ traffic. Its quite easy to pay my affiliates through Paypal! Customer support has always been timely and very helpful.

Cons
I can’t think of anything at the moment. StretchStrength.com Professional training tools for students and teachers of Dance, Yoga, Pilates, Gymnastics and more!

Matt Green

Great one stop shop for affiliates

Reviewed 2018-02-16

Pros
The software is flexible, clear and simple to use. Not only is it easy to use to reward affiliates, it also makes it easy to find new ones (rather than for instance Google analytics). An added benefit we found was the clear geographic tracking, allowing us to use it as a way to qualify lead locations before following up using LinkedIn.

Cons
My only real gripe is the way it defaults to one state in the USA if the location is unknown, I'd rather it just stated they didn't know.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Ellianie Godshalk

Great for Influencers

Reviewed 2018-04-25

Pros
This is very easy for our influencer partners to use. It's so easy for them to share their links on social media. The new text message sharing feature is awesome. Great app.

Cons
I wish I could pay my affiliates with Stripe. I'd rather use something other than PayPal. I've been told they are looking into this.

Easy With Instagram!

Reviewed 2018-04-18

Pros
Mobile app is KEY. My affiliates use that and get their link into Instagram and Facebook from there. Support team is a big plus too, always online and available to help.

Cons
Wish there was an easier way for me to migrate over from ShareASale. Have to do it gradually by ramping new affiliates onto LeadDyno.

Anonymous

Great way to track lead conversions and affiliate commissions

Reviewed 2015-03-04

We use Leaddyno for three reasons. 1. Tracking leads/customer conversions. 2. Affiliate Program 3. Marketing Automation. Tracking Leads/customer conversions: It has been really useful to be able to see where the majority of our leads are coming from, which sources convert to customers the best, and exactly how many sales come from various campaigns. This allows us to know exactly where to focus our efforts. The affiliate system is really simple and allows us to pay affiliates monthly in a few quick clicks. We have used Shareasale in previous businesses but prefer Leaddyno due to its simplicity. As far as the marketing automation the ability to automatically send a drip of emails to folks who have signed up for our service really helped our conversions. And once the leads become a customer we continue to send them more drip emails for added engagement.

Pros
- Easy setup - Simple system for Tracking leads/customer conversions - Easy to manage affiliate program system - Drip marketing automation that drives conversions - Setup easy tracking campaigns URLs - Very responsive support team

Cons
- It would be nice to have more robust reporting options - Would like data on how certain landing pages drive conversions

Serra Adam

Highly responsive support team

Reviewed 2015-03-09

My business focuses on clients living overseas in addition to in-state customers. Since traffic is generated from a number of random places, effective data analysis and monitoring can get slightly overwhelming. However, thanks to LeadDyno, I don’t need to be worried about that anymore! I signed up for their starter pack a little more than a year ago. At that time, I had roughly about 2800 to 3000 visitors on my website and let me just say that thanks to their visitor lead conversion tracking software, I am now a proud client in their Accelerator Program! Their marketing automation actually helped me pinpoint where the maximum traffic was being generated from and that eventually facilitated our overall marketing strategy. Now, I have almost 6500 unique visitors on my website. I commend the way they have developed their software to help businesspersons like me, with borderline IT knowledge. Their incredible affiliate program is highly strategic, as they structured the team in accordance to my target audience requirements and we not only generated more leads, but also saved a great deal of time. Lastly, the best part, in my opinion, is the highly responsive support team that has been with us all the way through! Thank you guys, keep up the good work!

Aman Vijay

Amazing Customer Service

Reviewed 2018-03-27

Pros
Great app, even better customer support! Thank for taking all of our questions as we got started. And for the phone appointment.

Cons
I was impressed to learn that LeadDyno also lets us book phone calls with their support managers. you rock!

Robert Richards

Managed may needs

Reviewed 2018-12-18

overall it managed my needs and price was competitive to whats out there but feel if it was more user friendly then it would even be worth paying a premium for.

Pros
I used leadDyno for some time for our affiliate network, though it did manage our needs i do feel that the backend dashboard could be more user friendly and fit it better with shopify store.

Cons
Dashboard not very user friendly thus meant more time spent finding options etc.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

choris gar

awesome software and good support

Reviewed 2018-03-04

great support and great interface, I love the option to share content

Pros
The support its awesome, Customer rep its a good with all questions, i love the support team, I use the software and its awesome, i like the interface, and the facilities to create reports

Cons
I want a better app mobile to my affiliates, I wish that they can share my content since the app to social networks

Wayne Hartunian

Very impressive special service for sales or members

Reviewed 2018-04-06

A very good customer retention

Pros
Many features to retain customers and affiliates- Details are great when communicating with clients. Many areas of LeadDyno I don`t use but know where to find- Very nice product

Cons
Somewhat hard to move thru LeadDyno dashboard. Some features can be accessed a number of different ways, hard to learn but after flows well

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Esperanza MILANO

I love this software the integration its perfect with shopify

Reviewed 2018-03-04

More sells on my site via my affiliates

Pros
I use this software for my clients, we use leaddyno and shopify, the integration its so easy, and the support its good, The option to share my content to my affiliates its awesome!

Cons
I wish more social networks on panel, linkedin, and other bad reason i dont have, i wish a app for admin.

Onome Joseph

Just what We wanted

Reviewed 2018-11-06

Not bad, but I implore them to work on their customer support service.

Pros
I wanted an affiliate tracking software and did some googling, bumped into many, but then decided to try LeadDyno. First, the website from the outside is nice and simply straight to the point. Next, the experience with the platform has been amazing and my client can't get enough of it. Leaddyno has an amazing UI that is absolutely easy to understand even for a noob. You get clear information on every lead, and track activities. Apart from having a nice admin interface, Leaddyno is also very user friendly for affiliates/influencers. it makes it really simple for them to get their affiliate links. I will recommend LeadDyno to anyone who wants to gain affiliates and manage them properly.

Cons
The support is really sickening. I once had an issue, couldn't get the held I needed. Fixed it myself in the long run.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Oscar Bailly

AWESOME

Reviewed 2017-06-01

Pros
This has been one of the best APPs i have ever work with, i have been using this type of APP for a long time and this one ( for me) has been the best so far

Marisa Cooper

Amazing!

Reviewed 2017-06-01

Pros
I always wanted an affiliate program but wasn't sure where to start or how to create my own affiliate network. LeadDyno showed me how to do everything - an easy plug-and-play. Not only did they help me recruit affiliates from my clients' email/social list AND I got free access to their own e-commerce affiliate network! It's a nice boost! They advertise your website and affiliate program in their network at no added cost. Social links and great customer support.

Cons
It's a growing company and there are always bugs to be worked out. I like LeadDyno because they are responsive to customer feedback and are working hard to create a better product.

Easy to Use

Reviewed 2017-06-01

Pros
The system is easy to use and supports unlimited affiliates. Affiliates can log into their dashboard and view all of their own stats. Easy payments via Paypal.

Cons
The app could benefit from more efficient ways to organize photos for affiliates. Need multiple categories, the ability to delete photos, etc.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10