Fonteva for Associations Reviews

4.62/5 (71 reviews)

Matt DeWolf

Fonteva's latest platform provides major enhancements for association management

Reviewed 2016-11-10

The most impressive thing about the MemberNation Platform is that it does an exceptional job of thinking through the business cases you'll encounter as an Association, and then streamlining those processes for you. Once you've completed the initial configuration working with the Fonteva team (special thanks in our case to Dagmar and Sundeep for their work) everything just works. There's a good amount of flexibility in terms of being able to customize and adapt a lot of features right out of the box, which makes our lives so much easier! They also have a great documentation center and training videos already created, which makes it easy for staff to get up to speed on the platform. There's really not much to dislike. The only thing that I'd recommend for folks, is to take advantage of the training they provide, and to make sure there is a member of your team truly taking responsibility for owning the project. As with anything, if there's no one from your team really invested in making sure the platform will be a success, it won't matter what software solution you use. There are several benefits for us in moving to Fonteva's product. From a member management perspective, we now have out of the box (and easy) auto renewal options, helping us to hopefully improve on what has historically been an aggressive churn rate on our membership base. It also has a ton of great features to help us enable our members to get access to our members only information easily, to manage their profiles, to purchase subscriptions and items in an easy store-like setup, and all in a platform that we can trust will work with our Salesforce setup without issue. You can evaluate a ton of member management platforms, but at the end of the day, I think Fonteva is doing an excellent job of making a robust platform, that continues to improve, and is really taking key member management issues into consideration as they develop their user-friendly platforms.

Yimang Chen

A solid Salesforce based AMS

Reviewed 2018-12-12

I would highly recommend this to any organization that is looking for an AMS. The ecosystem I mentioned above is the reason that will sure your organization is in the good hand and win in the long run.

Jennifer Osburn

Excellent Product & User-Friendly

Reviewed 2019-07-29

Reporting is very intuitive and easy to use. It is easy to find member information and transactions in the system. We were able to configure the system to record member renewals consistent with our actual renewal process instead of changing the process to fit the system. Looking forward to upgrading to the new release this fall!

Lisa McGrath

Great for professional associations or societies, but not a good fit for trade associations

Reviewed 2019-08-13

There's some really robust functionality right out of the box and Fonteva support will work with you initially in getting some features customized (there may be a fee). We tried to use this for a trade association using a lot of custom programming. It really just didn't work. It's really designed for individual membership and does not offer the parent child relationship.

Christopher Love

Fonteva for Associations that want to use Salesforce

Reviewed 2018-10-25

Using an AMS based on SFDC allows us to integration much more easily with other vendors and systems. A huge win for our association

Harry A. Rothmann

Top Notch Association Management Software

Reviewed 2018-08-16

We conducted an in-depth search and review to evaluate and select an Association Management Software (AMS) for our medium sized Association. There are a variety of reasons as to why we selected Fonteva, but to summarize here are our main reasons for selecting this product. 1. User Experience - The SF Lightning and Fonteva user experience for our end users is clean, simple, and easy to learn. The flexibility it offers is clear and concise to staff and will make their day to day work much more efficient. The system is highly configurable. 2. Community Groups - For a chapter based association like ours there will be many benefits to having this feature enabled. Chapters will have a variety of accessible features that our current AMS doesn't easily offer. 3. Integration - We use a wide variety of other software to run our organization. Salesforce and Fonteva's ability to connect with and integrate is simple and cost efficient. I highly recommend this a solution for your Association.

Ivan Martinez

Product meets our business needs with out of the box functionality

Reviewed 2017-06-02

Great app built on Salesforce. Streamlined manual processes.

Alexander Habiby

Out of the Box Customer/Membership Management Works Fantastically

Reviewed 2017-10-26

As a developer / technical consultant, when a customer is mentioning use cases involving "customer engagement" or "organize our member base" the first product that comes to mind is Fonteva. This product easily saves me months of development for a product that I couldn't even compete with. Just like you don't want to build your own cloud based CRM product, why build your own customer engagement Salesforce functionality, when someone already did it cheaper, better, less buggy, and with a technical support team. Choosing Fonteva's software is often a no-brainer for my team and my customers. As a bonus it fills in the (many) gaps left behind by the Service Cloud that Salesforce hasn't built yet. And it saves me on the budget for when customers have big ideas.

Amazing AMS with expandability due to the Salesforce platfom

Reviewed 2018-01-29

A solid platform for associations to manage and improve their processes from.

Mike Davis

Good Experience powerfull software

Reviewed 2017-10-19

Flexibility on creating solutions. The software is very user friendly. Allowed us to setup a portal for our members so that they could login and manage their accounts without calling our membership department. Also like the mobile app. I can login to the software from my phone and check or trouble shoot many problems remotely

Mike Paron

Association management out of the box!

Reviewed 2019-03-01

Bonnie Fetsko

Choosing Fonteva was a very smart decision for my Association

Reviewed 2017-02-10

We recently upgraded our AMS, CMS and LMS. We decided on Fonteva for our AMS. From the very first meeting with my Fonteva team I knew that I was in good hands. We worked together, as a team, to develop a system that would work well with our Association. My project manager and she was a joy to work with. I worked closely with rep in both learning MemberNation and in developing the product to suit our needs. I always felt that she had my interest at heart and always knew that she was thinking of ways to resolve my issues in a cost effective, well thought out, way. I completely trust the relationship I have with my Fonteva team. We recently went LIVE and the product is working out great for us. It is so powerful...there is still a lot that I have to learn. They have tons of training available and they encourage you to us the Community to help resolve any issues...thus saving money. I look forward to the new releases and seeing how much this platform can do! A very smart decision when we chose Fonteva!

Darryus Johnson

Membership

Jeanna Ray

So far, so great

Reviewed 2016-06-22

As you know, migrating to a new membership database is tough! We were excited about the features and usability of MemberNation but nervous about the switch. Fonteva put two very capable data experts on the job, gave us access to applications, finance and product experts and walked us through a complicated SSO jungle. It was hard work but provided great reward. The training we received helped us to hit the ground running. Our PM followed through with the successful go live he promised. Best part? We got the control, functionality and scalability we wanted built on a best of breed platform. Every configuration is different as are org. needs and member constituency. But I think if you come to the table ready to roll up your sleeves, do the work and make your needs and requests known, you'll be pleased with the outcome. I'm looking forward to many years with the product and the talented folks at Fonteva.

Justin Cortez

Simple!

Reviewed 2017-10-20

Easy to use and very user friendly. Being able to login on any device makes handingly urgent membership issues effortless.

Logan Smith

End to End

Reviewed 2016-10-17

When shopping for an end to end solution, Member Nation has you covered. Built first as a robust accounting platform in your Salesforce instance, Fonteva then incorporates a vast majority of what is needed to operate most businesses through their variety of modules. I designed the Streams Ministries web site, which uses every module Fonteva offers, and I am pleased to say that the experience was a great one. I would encourage others to investigate how Fonteva's Member Nation can benefit your organization. Logan Smith, Mortar Free

justin Cortez

Fonteva for Associations Review

Reviewed 2018-10-25

Ease of use. Flexibilty for users and easy to navigate.

Arden Winner

Great software, needs customization to be truly valuable

Reviewed 2018-10-25

We are still in the implementation stage, so I’ve refrained from forming a concrete opinion on the software one way or the other. It holds a lot of promise and we’ve had good customer service overall, but it remains to be seen whether some of our more pie-in-the-sky hopes and wishes will be granted. I’m hopeful!

Bilen Gebrekal

They are friendly and easy to work with. It feels like part of of the organization working with the

Reviewed 2017-10-19

We have used Fonteva for our membership and marking. The software is easy to use and friendly. They were able to accommodate all our custom logic we have used for a long time. The change over from our last software was so smooth and they have a knowledgeable staff to help out on the change.

Kari Voliva

Great AMS for Diverse Needs of Nonprofit Staff

Reviewed 2019-04-06

The flexibility and ability for end users to have control of the products and functionality.

Anonymous

a good options for the people (students and researchers) and organitazions that must tools quickly

Reviewed 2018-01-30

It offers me the possibility of doing activities in several programs, which is very important for me, since I can take advantage of each of the particular skills of each software and generate a better product. all through a cloud of data

Annette Abell

Strategically Sound App

Reviewed 2016-02-12

As a Salesforce.com implementation partner I'm often asked to review and recommend apps and often then asked to implement that recommendation. MemberNation's presentation of itself as being able to fulfill XYZ is true, but for someone like me what matters is what is "under the hood." Only after a week long training can I truly appreciate the data architecture running MemberNation. It's complex but it needs to be given all the variables an association requires when it comes to managing memberships, events, pricing, communications with and among members, etc. Like any other strategically sound app, however, you will need someone on staff to manage the system post launch. This person need not be a Certified Salesforce.com Admin (although it helps). This person would, however, needs to understand and appreciate WHY the system is built the way it is and know how to work within its set structure. My in person training also allowed me to meet Fonteva staff responsible for certain functionality/apps within MN. I was thoroughly impressed both with the thoughtful and exited approach they take to advancing MN functionality and how brilliant these folks were of business processes (real day issues we face) and Salesforce.

Cesar A Siso L

The best Association Software

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-01-20

Fonteva help us making easier the reports of accounting through their Dashboard and Reports tool, with this module we can saw how we are spending our money and in which direction we have the put the organization for the best future of it.

Allison Albert

Nonprofit Unicorn Reviews MemberNation

Reviewed 2016-10-26

MemberNation will solve a LOT of the issues we're having with our current CRM, NEON. The user experience for our members will be vastly improved (e.g. logging in, renewing memberships, the member portal, registering for events, making donations), which is the most important thing that we care about. That said, the implementation process has been a little ridiculous. We're a nonprofit and this is a HUGE investment for us budget-wise. I feel like Fonteva sometimes forgets that, e.g. they tried to charge us for bringing our new account rep up to speed. I feel like that's the cost of doing business and not our problem. Overall, though, they've been helpful and we've had a good experience. Their FUNcon16 user conference was super fun!

James St John

Events management made easy.

Reviewed 2017-09-13

Integration with Salesforce is flawless and for us the Events Builder App is a killer. The ease in which we can create events with data already in our Salesforce Org is great.

Anne Marie Dunn

QA Analyst

Reviewed 2016-11-08

I have been working with Fonteva for over a year testing Member Nation. I have found the staff at Fonteva great to work with. Member Nation is a great product for hosting and managing an Event.

Greg Hubbard

MemberNation Review

Reviewed 2018-10-25

The staff has been very knowledgable and guided us well through our implementation.

Aaron Weatherford

New Client

Reviewed 2018-10-25

The fonteva staff have been excellent and helpful throughout our implementation.

Abesha Assefa

User friendly, easily customizable

Reviewed 2017-10-20

Feature and functionality and easy upgrades. Easily customizable, creating screen and fields take a few minutes.

Nellie Martinez

Membernation is very user friendly!

Reviewed 2018-12-28

My experience at first was rough but only because I was making it harder that it was. Once I got the hang of it, it made it so much easier and faster.

Rich Cruz

Best member management software we've found on the market. Growing company continuously improving.

Reviewed 2018-04-19

The AMS is build directly on Salesforce. It offers a wide range of possibilities due to Salesforce's flexibility. The apps they have built as part of the Membership suite are easy to use and can be tailored to fit business needs within certain constraints. The staff appear eager to help and are knowledgeable.

James Skelly

Great Software

Reviewed 2016-11-01

New implementation that is refreshing. Has a strong User Experience (on both front and backend) will being easy to use.

John van Zalk

All about meeting your needs

Reviewed 2018-11-27

Associations have transactions that differ from traditional corporate ones. Fonteva provides very flexible platform that can support membership subscriptions, event registrations, etc. They have great engineers that are always willing to help with a custom solution for your organization as well.

Mary Rose Rivera

Great service!

Reviewed 2018-10-26

I really like the flexibility of Fonteva for Associations. We have a lot of ideas to innovate and update our processes and this software does a great job in tailoring to our specific business needs.

Anonymous

I have nothing but positive things to say!

Reviewed 2018-02-14

member benefits. Event creator. Online forums and communities. easy payments.

Nikki Busch

System Review by Nikki B.

Reviewed 2016-10-14

It's always challenging to switch software systems but once I started getting used to the new system things were much more simplified and streamlined. The capabilities in the technology are great and I am very excited to see what other possibilities are out there for our business.

Peter Bisbee

MemberNation is simply the best

Reviewed 2016-12-09

We recently ditched our decades-old database and adopted MemberNation. This has been one of the smartest moves we've made as an organization. For the first time ever we feel that we can leverage our data and control how we interact with our members. Implementation has been a breeze too.

Nia Reeves

So far so good

Reviewed 2017-10-19

Easy way to find what you are looking for and I like that there is an advanced search feature. I also enjoy creating reports.

Makes operations easy

Reviewed 2018-05-16

Even the most technically challenged individual will understand how to use the software. The site is clean, straightforward and customizable for your respective organization.

Hannah Booth

Totally changed my time management.

Reviewed 2018-07-04
Review Source: Software Advice

After struggling with different systems and ways of organizing, we tried this program. It was totally easy and freed up time for other pressing projects.

Pamela Hanner Richardson

i have used MemberNation for about five months @ work

Reviewed 2017-09-12

it is web based and intuitive, easy to access and easy to use for back end processes. setting up items, classes, stores, and event products is relatively straightforward

Lilly Bahmani

Amazing Team, Amazing Product!

Reviewed 2015-01-27

We decided to go with this company because of the scalability of the product, their customer support reviews, and their experience with Associations. We were tired of having to go through our old solutions customer support every time we needed something configured or a new report. Because MemberNation is built on one of the leading platforms in the world, it is so easy to customize our solution to meet our needs. But if we ever need help, they are always available. Would recommend this product to any association that is looking for scalability, ease of use, and a very good looking member portal.

Jesse Lewis

Why not use the product that is future proofed?

Reviewed 2018-10-25

Out of every major AMS vendor Fonteva was the only company that could not just meet our technical needs but vowed to work with us to build for our future.

Cindy D.

Easy to acccess

Reviewed 2017-10-20

We moved to MemberNation early this year. I have found that my user experience has improved. It's easy to find users and update information or create new users. I look forward to continue learning how to use the system.

Leanne Reed

Excellent upgrade from our old AMS

Reviewed 2018-10-26

We have had a great experience during our implementation. All the staff that we have interacted with have been knowledgeable and quick to respond.

Anonymous

The rate with which I can spin up forms made life MUCH easier.

Reviewed 2017-10-20

The out-of-the box functionality is very robust, and the customization options make most things possible.

Fonteva Product

Reviewed 2018-10-25

It has been a positive one. The product is great and user friendly and the staff is awesome!

Erin Fitzgerald

Membernation is your one stop solution for overall sales and event management

Reviewed 2017-01-30

Fantastic product that captures some of the best features of salesforce all in one spot. Amazing customer service; fast friendly and knowledgeable staff. Event building and management is a breeze, a large conference can be built in a matter of hours. Fantastic store and member portal that provides a consistent and professional look and feels!

Adiam Habte

My experience so great with fontiva

Reviewed 2017-10-19

Its really help customer support. It's easy to get into it. It has everything what we need to hold all customers and grow our organization or company.

Laura Cruz

A platform inside the platform

Reviewed 2017-03-29

Managing events and registration process for contacts is a breeze, MemberNation has make hards things easy.

Harshada Kale

Friendly UI and easy to use

Reviewed 2019-02-22

Friendly UI, customization is simple and easy to use.

Katie Allyn

Great Platform with Salesforce

Reviewed 2018-10-25

Easy to use, and integrates with EVERYTHING

Jeff Peters

Membernation is a huge improvement

Reviewed 2017-11-01

Extremely easy to use and being built into salesforce makes the data available for reporting with ease.

Nelliyan Ram

Reliable fundraising software

Review Source: Software Advice

Reliable, easy to use, and good technical support. We could manage multiple types of donations and events.

John Herrera

Seamless with the training, and it is easily accessible!

Reviewed 2017-10-20

The accounting features are much better than what we used before. Going over the training was also very helpful. The resource center is something I will definitely be using again for my training.

Resa Lewis

It seems user friendly but will know more once i have more time with the software

Reviewed 2017-10-19

Ease of finding data to lookup. And also the functionality of the reports. You can drop and drag pertinent information to create your own reports

Tim Jones

Easy Conversion

Reviewed 2016-11-08

We are transitioning to Fonteva and have been impressed with every aspect along the way. They are knowledgeable about association management systems. They have good developers who bring creativity to solving problems, and can develop features that will help you be more productive

Jabari Jackson

Perfect AMS Solution!

Reviewed 2016-04-11

MemberNation is exactly what our organization was looking for. Backed by the power of Salesforce, MemberNation allows us to customize our database to our specific needs. In addition, MemberNations beautiful, functional front-end pages give our members a easy and intuitive experience online.

Janette Smith

Very likely

Review Source: Software Advice

It is an easy way to connect donors to help schools.

Roberto Porras

Very Functional

Reviewed 2017-03-30

The software is very friendly user and very customizable, certainly a plus in comparative to other apps. Also the content and functions truly helps the users and customers to achieve their needs

Chelsea H

Great product!

Reviewed 2016-11-01

Very user-friendly platform and attractive built-in animation. Really like the drag and drop functionality and ability to access remotely from anywhere with an internet connection.

Ajit Sawant

Fonteva MN Software

Reviewed 2016-05-15

Fonteva MemberNation is truly #1 cloud app as Member Management System. The training conducted at Fonteva HQ is very good and is managed by experienced trainer.

Venkat Iyer

Fantastic

Reviewed 2016-03-09

I recently learned more about Fonteva and it is by far the best product for Association Management. Great features. Extremely satisfied.

Amanda Vandenburgh

Great customer service, very knowledgeable

Reviewed 2016-05-05

This software is going to make my life a lot easier. I haven't got to use it much yet but I can't wait to get started.

Sona Patel

Great user experience and platform.

Reviewed 2017-01-03

Great user experience and platform. Looking forward to see what Fonteva will develop in the future.

Ronald Jones

Looking forward to diving into MemberNation

Reviewed 2016-04-20

Application robust and easy to use still looking for the cons.

Melissa Lineburg

Good Product, Wonderful Service

Reviewed 2016-04-25

When working, MemberNation is really great. Our launch went fine, staff are very knowledgeable and stayed on-site during our Go Live week - very must appreciated! We were, unfortunately, promised that our customization would not be an issue for the product, and that has not panned out to be the case. We're not leaving anytime soon though!

Bob Newton

Mar subs

Used occasionally for less than 6 months

Special configuration, data conversion

John Davis

Davis Review

Review Source: Software Advice

Variety and responsiveness. Ease of use and ability to understand

Mac Anderson