Fonteva for Associations Reviews

Fonteva for Associations

The Future of Association Software - Built on Salesforce

4.63/5 (80 reviews)

Pros
  • The integration of the product with other salesforce applications is fantastic. The easy membership renewal process is a big improvement over past product.Greg H.Read the full review
  • It is like you have three vendors working on you. This ecosystem is what makes Apple successful, and it will make Salesforce and your AMS successful.Yimang C.Read the full review
  • What I love about memebernation is that is was so user friendly. Made business run so much more smooth.Nellie M.Read the full review
Cons
  • That said, the implementation process has been a little ridiculous.Allison A.Read the full review
  • Sometimes our donors complain of spam. I don't know if this is true or not, but it is a perception.Janette S.Read the full review
  • Harder to do more difficult payment processes. We have different memberships that have different payments and sometimes those payments have to be split.Nia R.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Harry A. Rothmann

Top Notch Association Management Software

Reviewed 2018-08-16

Pros
We conducted an in-depth search and review to evaluate and select an Association Management Software (AMS) for our medium sized Association. There are a variety of reasons as to why we selected Fonteva, but to summarize here are our main reasons for selecting this product. 1. User Experience - The SF Lightning and Fonteva user experience for our end users is clean, simple, and easy to learn. The flexibility it offers is clear and concise to staff and will make their day to day work much more efficient. The system is highly configurable. 2. Community Groups - For a chapter based association like ours there will be many benefits to having this feature enabled. Chapters will have a variety of accessible features that our current AMS doesn't easily offer. 3. Integration - We use a wide variety of other software to run our organization. Salesforce and Fonteva's ability to connect with and integrate is simple and cost efficient. I highly recommend this a solution for your Association.

Cons
No negatives have been found yet. Of course, you'd love for it to be cheaper. Keep an eye on the size of your environment.

Julia Richards

Six months in and loving it

Reviewed 2019-10-10

Platform user - we use Fonteva for membership, events and e-commerce. We had a great planning and implementation process. The Fonteva team is honest, transparent, good partners (they tell you when you are trying to do something that doesn’t make sense in the system), and highly responsive.

Pros
Users can adapt functions in meaningful ways to fit their business needs without a lot of admin or other support

Cons
Reporting is not always intuitive and does often require admin support to do higher level reporting

Anonymous

Fails to deliver on many promises. Lots sacrificed with little payoff.

Reviewed 2020-04-30

Pros
I like that it's built on Saleforce CRM.

Cons
Implementation took much longer than anticipated and cost much more than forecasted. Elements of each part of the software fail to meet expectations. Core competencies such as invoicing, events set-up and managment, reporting, renewals, and eCommerce have been faulty. Support does not include support for the whole system. Their business model changed to using 3rd-party companies for setup, configuration, and advanced support. Upgrades are not free, and fees are not controlled and predictable. eCommerce engine fails to meet standards for SEO and basic eCommerce structure. Emails and integration with platforms either don't work or require excessive labor. Renewal and invoice automations can fail.

Likelihood to recommend: 1/10

Vanesa Powers

Awesome Product!

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-10-10

Fonteva is a fabulous company but the Fontevans are are absolutely the greatest group of folks to work with!

Pros
Ease of use. We needed a product that would work with our business model which is unlike regular membership processes.

Cons
I think its a great product so far. I have no cons at this time!

Yimang Chen

A solid Salesforce based AMS

Reviewed 2018-12-12

I would highly recommend this to any organization that is looking for an AMS. The ecosystem I mentioned above is the reason that will sure your organization is in the good hand and win in the long run.

Pros
The first and major reason is MemberNation by Fonteva is based on Salesforce, no chance it will be bought out or merged by another company. Second reason is Fonteva provides the bridge that makes it easy for nonprofit organization to use Salesforce to handles its membership, events, community and other functions of a modern organization. Third reason is Salesforce, like Apple, has its own AppExchange market (think it as Apple's App store), if there is any need not covered by Salesforce and Fonteva, there is probably an app for it in the AppExchange market. It is like you have three vendors working on you. This ecosystem is what makes Apple successful, and it will make Salesforce and your AMS successful. It will always be up to date. Last reason is there are a lot of vendors supporting integration with Salesforce/Fonteva.

Cons
Because AMS by its nature is one size fits all, so some more or less customization might be required. Fonteva has its own Join Process, it is flexible enough to match 95% of our existing membership process, we have deal with that 5% by changing our business process.

Alexandra Connole

Great Team and a Platform With Endless Possibilities

Reviewed 2020-03-27

We are a newer Fonteva customer and recently completed implementation. The team at Fonteva has kept us a priority throughout the whole process and has worked hard to find solutions for all of our business needs. Whenever I need their assistance, I know I can count on them. Now that we have gone live, we are looking forward to further enhancing our business with the many tools Fonteva Membership and Events has to offer.

Pros
Customizing and adapting the tools Fonteva has to offer gives us endless possibilities to streamline our business practices. More often than not, there is more than one way to meet our needs and it is just a matter of choosing the solution that works for us. I highly enjoyed working with the Fonteva team throughout our whole implementation process.

Cons
Nothing that we have found yet. We are a newer customer and so far every obstacle we have run into, Fonteva has assisted us in resolving.

Jamie Recio

Easy for a non-IT person to learn

Reviewed 2019-10-18

Pros
I've been using Fonteva for about 5 months now. As a membership professional (non-IT person) I've found it fairly easy to pick-up. I love the ability to customize our join process (a luxury we've never had). The online training and customer support is always helpful as I try to learn new things. I'm enjoying all the features of the reports and dashboards to help better utilize our data. This is much better than our previous AMS!

Cons
With any software, I think there is a learning curve and I look forward to continuing to learn and find out how we can be more efficient and utilize all the ins and outs of this software.

Alexander Habiby

Out of the Box Customer/Membership Management Works Fantastically

Reviewed 2017-10-26

Pros
As a developer / technical consultant, when a customer is mentioning use cases involving "customer engagement" or "organize our member base" the first product that comes to mind is Fonteva. This product easily saves me months of development for a product that I couldn't even compete with. Just like you don't want to build your own cloud based CRM product, why build your own customer engagement Salesforce functionality, when someone already did it cheaper, better, less buggy, and with a technical support team. Choosing Fonteva's software is often a no-brainer for my team and my customers. As a bonus it fills in the (many) gaps left behind by the Service Cloud that Salesforce hasn't built yet. And it saves me on the budget for when customers have big ideas.

Cons
Custom development on top of Fonteva's platform can be difficult because in addition to the usual Salesforce quirks you have to take into account, you also need to learn and understand how Fonteva's platform is built.

Marisa Brown

MemberNation Review

Reviewed 2019-10-10

Pros
Fonteva is great for associations using Salesforce, or want to get Salesforce. This integrated system combines all our needs into one place. It also keeps us linked to other vendors, systems, etc, so everything is in touch with one another. For a more fluid process, this is highly recommended.

Cons
It can be a bit limiting in design, as customizations can be a bit tricky to accomplish.

Mary Rose Rivera

Great product

Reviewed 2019-10-11

Pros
Amazing software for membership services. Easy to use for staff and pull live member information

Cons
Handling duplicate accounts and catching them early

Matt DeWolf

Fonteva's latest platform provides major enhancements for association management

Reviewed 2016-11-10

The most impressive thing about the MemberNation Platform is that it does an exceptional job of thinking through the business cases you'll encounter as an Association, and then streamlining those processes for you. Once you've completed the initial configuration working with the Fonteva team (special thanks in our case to Dagmar and Sundeep for their work) everything just works. There's a good amount of flexibility in terms of being able to customize and adapt a lot of features right out of the box, which makes our lives so much easier! They also have a great documentation center and training videos already created, which makes it easy for staff to get up to speed on the platform. There's really not much to dislike. The only thing that I'd recommend for folks, is to take advantage of the training they provide, and to make sure there is a member of your team truly taking responsibility for owning the project. As with anything, if there's no one from your team really invested in making sure the platform will be a success, it won't matter what software solution you use. There are several benefits for us in moving to Fonteva's product. From a member management perspective, we now have out of the box (and easy) auto renewal options, helping us to hopefully improve on what has historically been an aggressive churn rate on our membership base. It also has a ton of great features to help us enable our members to get access to our members only information easily, to manage their profiles, to purchase subscriptions and items in an easy store-like setup, and all in a platform that we can trust will work with our Salesforce setup without issue. You can evaluate a ton of member management platforms, but at the end of the day, I think Fonteva is doing an excellent job of making a robust platform, that continues to improve, and is really taking key member management issues into consideration as they develop their user-friendly platforms.

Jennifer Osburn

Excellent Product & User-Friendly

Reviewed 2019-07-29

Pros
Reporting is very intuitive and easy to use. It is easy to find member information and transactions in the system. We were able to configure the system to record member renewals consistent with our actual renewal process instead of changing the process to fit the system. Looking forward to upgrading to the new release this fall!

Cons
This software can do so much; it takes time to learn all the ways it can improve efficiencies and reporting.

Lisa McGrath

Great for professional associations or societies, but not a good fit for trade associations

Reviewed 2019-08-13

Pros
There's some really robust functionality right out of the box and Fonteva support will work with you initially in getting some features customized (there may be a fee). We tried to use this for a trade association using a lot of custom programming. It really just didn't work. It's really designed for individual membership and does not offer the parent child relationship.

Cons
It's really designed for individual membership and does not offer the parent child relationship. There are a number of gooes that provide various functionality, which is always a risk.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Christopher Love

Fonteva for Associations that want to use Salesforce

Reviewed 2018-10-25

Using an AMS based on SFDC allows us to integration much more easily with other vendors and systems. A huge win for our association

Pros
Our association has been using SFDC for about two years and we tried to integrate our old AMS with limited success. It made sense for us to move to a SFDC based AMS and now our AMS and SFDC data share the same database so no integration necessary! I highly recommend moving to Fonteva

Cons
We now have less control over our AMS as we are at the mercy of SFDC but the advantages outweigh the cons

Ivan Martinez

Product meets our business needs with out of the box functionality

Reviewed 2017-06-02

Great app built on Salesforce. Streamlined manual processes.

Pros
MemberNation (MN) has proven to be an excellent AMS. The product is customizable, which allows Admins to configure the system based on their origination's needs. MN has allowed us to streamline processes that were once done manually. The Fonteva team worked diligently to help us reach our target go-live date. Our Business Analyst was crucial to the project's success, as he used his expertise to understand our business processes and guide our internal team on configuring MN.

Cons
Salesforce does have limitations on editing their managed packages which limits the Admin on certain configurations. However, we have found a work around solution for each of these limitations.

Anonymous

Amazing AMS with expandability due to the Salesforce platfom

Reviewed 2018-01-29

A solid platform for associations to manage and improve their processes from.

Pros
Solid well laid out financials to rival the best finance systems Extebsability of all objects - ability to add fields and formulas

Cons
Member portal is not quite as flexible as a full CMS No VAT inclusive pricing Not completely written in lightning yet

Mike Davis

Good Experience powerfull software

Reviewed 2017-10-19

Pros
Flexibility on creating solutions. The software is very user friendly. Allowed us to setup a portal for our members so that they could login and manage their accounts without calling our membership department. Also like the mobile app. I can login to the software from my phone and check or trouble shoot many problems remotely

Cons
View screens need ability to search in specific object. For example I created a screen for all of our batches. As the object grows it becomes increasingly difficult to locate a batch. The alpha search by letters is cool but all of my batches begin with the same name

Mike Paron

Association management out of the box!

Reviewed 2019-03-01

10/10 so far!

Pros
Fonteva extends an already great product, Salesforce, in ways that make sense to me. Membership management is build in, as well as a store, and very robust event builder. Honestly, Fonteva is my first experience with Salesforce so I can't contrast it with vanilla SF that well. What I CAN compare it to is Dynamics, which is very clunky in my opinion. My role is mostly administration so what concerns me is primarily the user management, which is much easier to get along with on SF/Fonteva. Something I've noticed is a lot of the features we've had to develop in-house for dynamics are already present in Fonteva. I imagine this is going to give us more time to concentrate on our data rather than redeveloping the wheel. Our support from Fonteva has been top notch. I've attended their admin training, which more or less walked us through a simple SF implementation and Fonteva setup. The class was fast paced but very easy to follow. Our instructor was knowledgeable and slowed down when necessary to answer questions thoroughly.

Cons
I can't think of a single detractor. Maybe a year or so after we've fully implemented Fonteva I can update this review.

Bonnie Fetsko

Choosing Fonteva was a very smart decision for my Association

Reviewed 2017-02-10

We recently upgraded our AMS, CMS and LMS. We decided on Fonteva for our AMS. From the very first meeting with my Fonteva team I knew that I was in good hands. We worked together, as a team, to develop a system that would work well with our Association. My project manager and she was a joy to work with. I worked closely with rep in both learning MemberNation and in developing the product to suit our needs. I always felt that she had my interest at heart and always knew that she was thinking of ways to resolve my issues in a cost effective, well thought out, way. I completely trust the relationship I have with my Fonteva team. We recently went LIVE and the product is working out great for us. It is so powerful...there is still a lot that I have to learn. They have tons of training available and they encourage you to us the Community to help resolve any issues...thus saving money. I look forward to the new releases and seeing how much this platform can do! A very smart decision when we chose Fonteva!

Pros
As it sits on the SalesForce platform the software is very powerful and adaptable.

Darryus Johnson

Membership

Reviewed 2018-10-26

NA

Pros
The user friendly experience... and the ability to explain to our members functionality

Cons
Time to lean capability and bandwidth we have to teach users in our office

Jeanna Ray

So far, so great

Reviewed 2016-06-22

As you know, migrating to a new membership database is tough! We were excited about the features and usability of MemberNation but nervous about the switch. Fonteva put two very capable data experts on the job, gave us access to applications, finance and product experts and walked us through a complicated SSO jungle. It was hard work but provided great reward. The training we received helped us to hit the ground running. Our PM followed through with the successful go live he promised. Best part? We got the control, functionality and scalability we wanted built on a best of breed platform. Every configuration is different as are org. needs and member constituency. But I think if you come to the table ready to roll up your sleeves, do the work and make your needs and requests known, you'll be pleased with the outcome. I'm looking forward to many years with the product and the talented folks at Fonteva.

Pros
I like the flexibility and the ability to make changes/ configurations as needed with or without assistance from Fonteva.

Cons
The report writer

Justin Cortez

Simple!

Reviewed 2017-10-20

Pros
Easy to use and very user friendly. Being able to login on any device makes handingly urgent membership issues effortless.

Cons
We are starting to discover things the system can do that we didn't anticipate. Our new member application needs updating and we are unable (currently) to make the updates from the back end.

Logan Smith

End to End

Reviewed 2016-10-17

When shopping for an end to end solution, Member Nation has you covered. Built first as a robust accounting platform in your Salesforce instance, Fonteva then incorporates a vast majority of what is needed to operate most businesses through their variety of modules. I designed the Streams Ministries web site, which uses every module Fonteva offers, and I am pleased to say that the experience was a great one. I would encourage others to investigate how Fonteva's Member Nation can benefit your organization. Logan Smith, Mortar Free

Pros
End to end solution. Robust Accounting system that works well with all other aspects of the system. Components can be used and re-used throughout your visualforce pages. and much more...

justin Cortez

Fonteva for Associations Review

Reviewed 2018-10-25

Pros
Ease of use. Flexibilty for users and easy to navigate.

Cons
Contact bugs and custom fields that break during updates.

Arden Winner

Great software, needs customization to be truly valuable

Reviewed 2018-10-25

We are still in the implementation stage, so I’ve refrained from forming a concrete opinion on the software one way or the other. It holds a lot of promise and we’ve had good customer service overall, but it remains to be seen whether some of our more pie-in-the-sky hopes and wishes will be granted. I’m hopeful!

Pros
Integrates well into Salesforce, allows us to work with member data using mobile, desktop, tablet. Provides lots of options to plug in additional apps to improve our member experience and make our working lives easier.

Cons
Reporting is limited by the Salesforce reporting capabilities, which makes the AMS feel quite limited. We’ve had to use extensive customizations to allow our board-approved price rules, integrations, member communications, etc. to thrive. Had some issues moving from UAT to production environment.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10