Metadata

Account-based marketing automation solution for businesses

visit website

Metadata Reviews

Pros

I love the audience creation functionality as well as our ability to test dozens of top of funnel offers with each audience.

Andrew R.

Customer support is excellent. Reporting, optimization recommendations are solid.

I liked the sales pitch on this product, it was strong and offered a lot of solutions to our current issues.

Taylor W.

Cons

The budget and bidding section is a bit confusing, even after having worked in it this long.

I also find the audience tool to be very weak. Using Tradedesk, LinkedIn and Facebook through Metadata provided weaker results than using the native platform.

Taylor W.

Difficult to access because file size it large.

Bartholomew B.

4.4

The best audience builder & social ad management platform on the market

We're growing our demand gen and social ads play a big role. Using Metadata significantly lowers our cost of acquisition and has improved the quality of the leads we're generating.

Pros

The fact that I can create extremely targeted audiences based on firmographics, intent, etc. It also integrates with my CRM which is really helpful. The onboarding and customer service has been great and very helpful as well.

Cons

Nothing yet, onboarding and running campaigns have been smooth.

Great for account based advertising

Metadata has been an exceptional partner for me as we have a very small marketing team. They have been working very closely to us, helping me not only to manage the campaigns but also suggesting improvements. Their customer service is excellent.

Pros

They offer flexible ways to targeting your account list on different digital channels. I can optimize and control the investment per campaign/segment.

Cons

Creating and organizing campaigns is not as easy as other software.

Metadata

Good

Pros

Closed-loop attribution across your target accounts

Cons

Difficult to access because file size it large

Brings in some quality leads but is lacking with Facebook capabilities

Overall, I feel that this platform has great potential but they definitely need to be subscribing to the platforms and digital marketing in general best practices. I think that I would try them out at a different company. We have had pretty good service as well, they are responsive but don't always listen or don't make it clear to their internal team some concerns of the clients.

Pros

The lead enrichment is great and we have seen some very high quality leads come through our lead gen efforts with Metadata.

Cons

They told us that they could get almost the exact same quality of leads on Facebook that we do on LinkedIn and we have yet to really see that. The capabilities that they have with Facebook was the reason that we chose to try this out and honestly, right now it's not looking that great. We haven't had very many leads and the ones that have come through don't seem to be on par with LinkedIn for the most...

A must have for strategic distribution of content!

Metadata is essential for any organization that wants to accelerate its ABM success. Their CS team works hand-in-hand to set up and test a variety of experiments aligned to your ABM goals, and can quickly scale up a journey-based content distribution plan (advertising). The best part is this program can be run by a one-person marketing team in a high-growth start-up. The team at Metadata is always sharing new strategies and ideas to test with their platform—it's almost like an agency approach—which is very helpful to get the most out of the investment in this platform. Using Metadata along-side additional outbound tactics, we were able to drive triple-digit growth in the pipeline with one of our core verticals.

Pros

Uncovering a data-driven ideal customer profile (ICP) using the actual opportunity data within salesforce. ICPs shouldn't be developed from the gut or guesswork, and Metadata makes it fast to get an initial read on an ICP using real data. This is essential for successful ABM results. It does require that you have actual customer data so if you're a company still in market validation -- this won't help....

Cons

To be successful with Metadata, you need to have an advertising budget that's $10k or more per month, and the wherewithal to stick with testing and optimizing campaigns for a few months. Metadata makes it easy to run thousands of experiments quickly! But you need budget and a little time to get to success. Also, it's essential that you have a content strategy, and ongoing content development to fuel...

Easiest way to execute and scale ABM

Pros

I like that I'm able to scale my digital marketing experiments to quickly determine what's working and what's not. We were able to spin up 72 experiments, narrow it down to the most effective 11, then optimize our ad spend with their machine learning, which ultimately accelerated our inbound marketing efforts both for net new names and our target accounts. I feel more confident that we're making data-informed...

Cons

I wish I could build more complex logic into the audience segmentation (like you can in Marketo). Even if you could use boolean search string, that would make the segmentation even more powerful. The second thing I'd like is to be able to match more leads to accounts. For example, if someone converts on a Facebook lead gen form, they could be using their personal email. It's every B2B marketer's dream to automatically enrich that data and match it to the right account. I know this is a lot to ask for in any platform, and I do love that Metadata does enrich data, but in a perfect world, we would be able to match everyone.

Easy option to remove metadata with little training needed for employees.

Pros

It's very easy to use and scrubs your metadata off with a couple clicks. There is very little training needed so users are up and running quickly.

Cons

In a terminal server environment it doesn't seem to always work correctly. Especially if you are using Sharefile. This hasn't been resolved yet.

Fast Ads

The Metadata support team is nice and responsive. Metadata itself is a sleek tool. It has been a good experience overall thusfar.

Pros

I really like how fast it is to create new ads when you want to. I feel that the interface is much more user friendly than the native platforms. There are a couple of quirks but once you know what they are you are good to go.

Cons

Excellent platform that streamlines optimization of lead gen programs

Pros

One platform that creates multiple experiments in support of demand. Takes the paid social role/function off of the person/team and streamlines paid social operationally and strategically. Automates the optimization you would typically do in each individual ad platform and optimizes towards the highest performing audience, creative and offer.

Cons

Attribution piece is a bit skewed and not reflective of actuals in CRM

Great product to help your website

I am a beginner when it comes to optimizing websites and this product helped me figure out what to do and how to do it. We had amazing results and Metadata helped us get there

Pros

Love it

Cons

Might not be easy to understand at first but if you use metadata you will figure it out.

Best Account Based Marketing Company!

I am a marketing consultant who was looking to try Account Based Marketing for a number of clients. After numerous conversations with colleagues and peers, I found out that while the big players in the space talk a big game, but the results were marginal at best. I came across Metadata through a friend and decided to give it a try for a helpdesk software client. Metadata was able to work wonders. They were able to target by title and profile, generating MQLs we couldn't otherwise get through any other types of online marketing, much less paid social.

Pros

Impressive targeting capabilities, value added speedy landing page design and deployment and ad creation. Experts on the team were able to quickly translate my company's needs into what they have to do on their end to make it work.

Cons

There were two instances where I didn't listen to Metadata's recommendation and the campaign suffered as a result. You guys are the experts in the field and need to stand firm on your recommendations.

Single platform for social media ad campaigns

Overall it's been a great experience with great support from the Metadata team to help launch and optimize social media campaigns.

Pros

Easily create target advertising lists and seamlessly target your lists with social media ad campaigns (LinkedIn & Facebook). Quick to deploy campaigns and consolidated reporting makes management of reporting much simpler.

Cons

Sometimes recent changes in requirements from respective social media platforms are not reflected in Metadata.

Put your paid social demand generation on auto pilot

Pros

Cons

It would be great if it integrated with more platforms like AdWords, Quora, etc.

IT IS VERY USEFUL AND EXCELLENT

That the data are consulted quickly and efficiently.

Pros

It is very useful for companies, as it allows to ensure and protect that the most relevant data and information are used properly. In this way, sharing the data is easier, and the diffusion of these is done in a more fluid way

Cons

If we do not know the origin system from which we started when there are different coordinate systems, the innovations to unify and process the information together can not be carried out.

Metadata from Ops perspective

Pros

I liked to integration into SFDC and how it optimizes ads based on your set needs. For us it was SALs and Opps.

Cons

In order to test multiple variances, you'll need a substantial budget. I think it took too much money and time to start bring CPL down to an acceptable number.

Happy with metadata and would recommend!

Great customer service!

Pros

It's really easy to use and very much catered to our company's needs and goals!

Cons

Understanding how to use it, best practices.

Excellent value and support

So far it's been great! We have a very large Techstack that we use and Metadata is certainly one of the top in terms of customer success and support.

Pros

I'm very new to my organization and also new to Metadata so having a dedicated CSM team available to help me build and launch my campaigns strategically is incredibly valuable. They do most of the heavy-lifting and are always willing to offer insights into how to improve reach and conversions of our ads.

Cons

N/A haven't been using it long enough to weigh in on this

Is your marketing team prospecting into large enterprises? This is the tool for you.

Our overall experience has been positive. Our marketing team is able to put up big pipeline numbers on a quarterly basis thanks to Metadata!

Pros

What I like most about metadata is the ability to get my stories and messages in front of key stakeholders within large enterprise companies.

Cons

What I like the least about this software is the reporting. It takes a while for the reporting functionality inside of Metadata to match what we have set up inside of Salesforce.

Great B2B Marketing Tool

Pros

Given that Facebook doesn't have amazing B2B targeting anymore (given partner audiences were rolled back), I see a lot of value in using audiences generated by Metadata for Facebook. This makes it easy to reach clients' ICP and key decision makers.

Cons

I found a lot of what Metadata offers you can already do within the LinkedIn Ads dashboard, given they already have great B2B targeting.

Metadata connects seamlessly

Pros

Metadata easily connects to Salesforce... and, is up and running in a mere minutes.

Cons

The ad audiences were not granular enough... and, unspecific.

Good use of AI in campaigns

Pros

The automatic optimization of campaigns makes for a seamless pipeline as well as the ability to see and idolate the most effective parts of a campaign.

Cons

This is really built for B2B so we just weren't able to utilize everything.