CharityTracker Logo

User ratings

4.5

1K
  • Likelihood to recommend9.01/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Charity Tracker has been a great asset to our non profit organization. I have recommended it to other facilities with similar programs.

MS

Mendy S.

I like the barcode scanner component, it makes it really easy to find clients. I also like the way it integrates with all of the other charities in the community and helps us coordinate.

LS

Lani S.

I like the ability to be able to track my events, the mobile access, and the ease of use and functionality.

LH

Liz H.

Some of the features are blurry and look oldschool.

ML

Mary L.

I am a mobile connoisseur and primary use a phone for most things. It is very annoying scrolling and resizing pages to read each part.

No- I think we get what we need out of the software.

DT

Salesforce.org Nonprofit Cloud

Microsoft Excel-logocaret
listing-logo

Microsoft Excel

How would you rate CharityTracker?

1,021 reviews

LD

Liz D.

Executive Director

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Charity Tracker Review

Transcript

Elizabeth D.: I'm Liz. I'm an executive director at a free clinic for the uninsured. I give CharityTracker...

Fundraising Fudamental

Transcript

Monte: Hello. My name is Monte. I'm a CEO. I've used CharityTracker and I'll give it a review of four...

The most affordable, accurate tool we have ever had!

Great reporting capability, easy to use instructions, online access from anywhere

Pros

This software allows our organization the ability to keep track of who is receiving services and why they are returning for additional support. We are focusing on breaking the cycle of dependency and this is the most affordable, accurate tool we have run across to help aid in this goal. Worth every penny we spend and then some. Everytime I need help or have a question, their staff is available and extremely friendly. I'm not looking for any other product at this time or in the near future because I truly feel we have found the best tool available.

Charity Tracker Review

Charity tracker helps with knowing what kinds of assistance your client has used in the past and whether or not you could provide services that would benefit them more. It solves the problem of chronic assistance which helps your business save time and money.

Pros

ease of use and information quality.It can give you other resources in the community that you may not have otherwise been aware of.

Cons

having to put in same info for minor children that is not needed since most children are not employed.Most children live at home with parent so it is time consuming to put in all the same info as you do the parent.

We have been Very Pleased with the ease of use and the responsiveness and support

The ability to track what services or items have been given when evaluating a need and the ability to issue alerts when location is needed or welfare is questioned or other concern.

Pros

The ability to track services given to an individual when evaluating a need as well as the ability to locate an individual by adding an Alert to his information.

Cons

The inability to interact with other organizations out of our specific network - a real barrier when we cover an entire area the size of the DFW - Very Frustrating, a WISH would be a statewide network - we deal with a transient population daily and this is a real need for us. Thank you for the added 'Next of Kin' field we requested.

Best Database for Our needs

CT is extremely useful in sharing information from church to church. Helps us keep track of what agencies are doing to assist and community.

Pros

Charity Tracker is very user friendly. I am the CT Administrator for our Network. I love training our members on the basics and having them share with me other ways they have found to use the database for their specific needs. The reports are awesome and so useful in reporting back to the agencies how their resources are being used. We are eventually looking to expand into other features.

Cons

Cant think of anything I am displeased with. Regret more people are not inputting their info.

Very easy system to use.

its a very organized way to track clients and check reports on assistance given.

Pros

its very easy to use. sharing with other agencies helps us get a better grasp on all around care given. when there are issues with the system and it "goes down", it is back up in a short time. the ability to get additional features or drop down lists added to when needed.

Cons

very little. any issues that arise are usually user error. if we delete a client from a family, i noticed if it is head of household, the notes will stay with that client. i wonder if the issue was possibly deleting the client with it still being marked as head of house.....

Great program and easy to use!!

Communication at my finger tips and the ability to serve the community better.

Pros

I love the level of communication it opens up with other agencies, the ability to run reports and have all my information in one place. I love that I can hid comments for my agency as well as send alerts to everyone in the program as needed. Since using this program it has improved my ability to serve more clients in less time because I know where to send them and where they have already been

Cons

I do not like that I can not search assistance records by type and agency. With that being said I have never asked if that can be done so that is on me.

We love Charity Tracker!

We can create reports and collect statistics that are vital to our grant writing and various reports that we make to donors. We input client information daily. It really helps us to work with other nonprofits in our service area because we can easily access information about our mutual clients.

Pros

We can easily track the assistance our clients receive from us and all the other nonprofit users. This allows us to make sure that our clients are not "double dipping" and it also allows us to make sure that clients are receiving all the resources they need.

Cons

Sometimes it is slow pulling up the information I need. Not terribly slow, but I have zero patience.

Great Software

The benefit has been seeing when the client has moved to another city and comes back to see us and does not let us know.

Pros

I like being able to cross reference clients in the household. I like seeing where client's have been going for assistance and what they were assisted with.

Cons

Sometimes names are hard to find if an entry person misspells it, it won't easily come up. Or if the client has multiple names that have been listed on the app it can be on the 3rd or 5th page you will find it on. I don't like that under the relationship button all client # amount is listed, instead of separating the # of living with and related to.

Charity Tracker has helped our organization keep track of the number of investigators in our program

The best benefits are the Stability Charts we used to track the success of each investigator. These charts help us get funding. The charts let us how each investigator is doing financially, emotionally, physically, socially and mentally. We get to find out if they have stable housing, are paying their bills on time, are employed, having problems with their children, and reliable transportation . All these areas indicate if what we have taught them has changed their way of thinking and if they are making changes in their behaviors to help them get themselves out of poverty.

Pros

I like the charts that this program offers. The charts show us if our investigators are succeeding or failing at getting out of poverty. These numbers are very important to us. These charts show how our investigators are progressing and it helps us continue to get funding for our program.

Cons

The Stability grid has five choices for each area and I think three would suffice. Everyone that I have do this assignment makes that same comment. They say they are either stable or unstable, or somewhere in the middle and the others do not matter.

Best Program Ever!

Never had a bad day since putting this program to use in 2011. The staff is ALWAYS timely and courteous. They have customized this to our needs, it is beyond AWESOME!

Pros

The ease of connecting agencies and sharing information. This program not only stores data but makes compiling reports in several different manners possible. It can be as complex or as simple of a report as you need. This has enabled not just our agency but our county to work cooperatively on a much higher level.

Cons

To date the only con is my inability to grasp concepts. Thankfully the staff's patience and my volunteers have made this all work.

As a church we see people within the community on a regular basis needing temporary assistance.

Great referencing tool. The clients that we or other agencies have served. What information we used in that decision. This is important, since some clients have had history with illnesses that we were able to temporarily help until they could obtain it through government assistance.

Pros

Pertinent case information can be inserted quickly and with ease. No cumbersome instructions necessary.

Cons

Printing parameters for notes. Would like to see notes only available in different formats with client's last name, address, and/or case number to be attached to information of the client for future reference. Sometimes we have other information that will help in decision-making.

Clients are checked in charity tracker before and after service rendered.

Tracking clients and services provided to clients. ( in answer to the Industry ? below: We are a charity. Our clients are the homeless to the working poor.)

Pros

Ease of use. Multiple ways to locate a client in CT, SSN, DOB,name. Able to track care in CT from Tricounty Family Ministries as well as other local agencies. Ease of updating information when client changes address or phone number.

Cons

It does not automatically know when a name is being duplicated and will allow multiple agencies to add same person multiple times. Same name with same DOB & SSN should be automatically melded with current record.

Why we use Charity Tracker

We have found the staff and software to be a pleasant and useful partnership for us. Our overall experience has been good.

Pros

We have found this software to be very user friendly and easy to correct info if/when entered incorrectly. It quickly identifies duplicate entries or possible duplicates. Any time we have not known how to do something or retrieve information, the staff has been very quick to respond.

Cons

We have so many different reports to run for different funding sources that sometimes I have a problem collecting the information I need without some manual counting.

Very easy to learn and use.

Pros

Charity Trackers not only protects us and other local agencies from being taken advantage of, but it also helps to protect the people we help. We are able to notate something about a particular client that another agency helping them can see on the account, which can sometimes include a dangerous situation someone might be in. The software protects everyone in it's design.

Cons

You aren't able to add someone to a person's household without setting them up an account as well. Which isn't difficult, but it would make more sense to be able to simply add dependants.

The website is available and responsive to my organization's needs.

The benefit my organization receives is ability to pull data for grant reporting, communication between agencies of assistance, needs and current/upcoming events.

Pros

I like most about this software the ability to pull up account information, see current assistance, referral information, make referrals to participating agencies and pull data for reports. I also like the cost of the program for my agency.

Cons

What I like least about the software the duplication o f information. My organization has has a software system in which I enter data and then I also enter the same data into Charity Tracker each day.

The system works great for our office and has proven to be a valuable assest.

We have the ability to interact with other users and cut down or eliminate all together the duplication of services and the abuse of the social system for assistance. It helps us keep good track of our personal clients as well and track our new programs.

Pros

The software is easy to navigate and the colors are refreshing on the screen. It allows us to interact with other agencies and churches in our area.

Cons

Sometimes the merging does not work to my satisfaction. Sometimes it merges just fine and other times it will delete something I did not want deleted. Also I was wondering if there was a way to recover deleted files.

Invaluable for tracking clients

We have been able to track our clients, not only the assistance we give them, but everything about tracking their records with us. Any user can immediately see the status of any client.

Pros

I love having the ability to track, and add assistance for our clients.

Cons

Some times it is difficult to create the specific report that I am needing

The software is imperative for us to have long-term effect on residents in our community.

I feel more equipped to help those who come to our agency seeking assistance because I get a more insight on whether the need is likely crisis or chronic.

Pros

The benefit of community-wide case management that still allows for individual agency reporting is both innovative and essential to really make a difference in the lives of those we serve.

Cons

The area of reports: when I first began set up for our agency, I needed help. Now that I have been using the software for multiple years, I am able to figure it out as well as edit the reports to use repeatedly for different time frames/dates.

Charity Tracker is one of the most useful tools we have in our office.

A great informational network and organized report capabilities.

Pros

We rely very heavily on Charity Tracker and the information that it provides. Because of Charity Tracker, we now belong to a large network of organizations that are serving the same population. It keeps us in the know and organized with the capability of printing custom reports.

Cons

It is hard to find something about Charity Tracker that I don't like. The reports have a lot of fields I have to sift through that I don't need or use. I wish I could better customize only what I need.

Charity Tracker is a useful tool

I use Charity Tracker to run reports for accounting purposes and grant writing purposes. The ability to change the multiple filters to obtain the necessary information for each purpose is great. It is a tremendous help when categorizing expenditures, such as rent, utilities, food, etc.

Pros

Charity Tracker's software allows you run reports with a wide variety of filters to obtain almost any statistical grouping you need.

Cons

The functionality is great; however, the ability to go back and forth while editing the filters or generating new reports without having to start over could be better designed.

Great database program. Need better ability to create/edit reports to pull information.

The biggest benefit is the ability to know when and where our clients are visiting and receiving services from other agencies in the area.

Pros

I like the connectivity to other agencies that enables us to better utilize our donated monies and serve our clients to the fullest.

Cons

The report section is difficult to use. I would like to be able to create reports in a multitude of different ways. Depending upon the need for information, whether for grant purposes or for a board meeting, the reporting takes a large amount of time and many times is not exactly how the information is needed.

Great user friendly product

Being able to cross reference client assistance from multiple agencies.

Pros

We love the ease of access to look up client records and see what assistance they have received throughout the area. We also use it daily to enter our case notes and documentation which we have the option to keep private.

Cons

When entering new client, wish the software would cross reference date of birth/name/ssn for duplicate records before making new profile. While we always search first before making a new record we have ran across duplicate records when dealing with our clients.

very good and reliable

able to automate our process as it is not too difficult for volunteers to learn to use it. I did not mention this but if you could automate the month and days in monthly reports it would be great. 727-420-5176

Pros

It is available when you need it. It has what I need for entering client records. When adding products available for client use it is not too difficult.

Cons

not able to track volunteer hours and miles. Want to use scanner but only open 2 days per week so too costly for small organizations. When putting in product, if there is about to be a duplicate the software should alert you.

We have been using Charity Tracker for a few years now. I has been a tremendous help to us.

The ability to track who and how many we help, share with other agencies and pull information to write grants.

Pros

We are able to use the information to help us see, at a glance, how we have been able to help and how much. The release of information form helps us to be able to share with the Churches around us the needs as well. It is also a tremendous help with our grant writing.

Cons

Just little things that I would like to see the program do, but they are working on them and always making improvements. It does go down occasionally but they get it back rather quickly.

Charity Tracker has been a benefit to our Social Services & brought our community together.

Pros

This program is easy to access and post information. The content allows us to more thoroughly assess the needs of clients and make referrals when needed. It has allowed users to work together with available resources in meeting the needs of people in our community. We realized during Hurricane Katrina long term recovery efforts that duplication of services could not be easily identified. We worked with Simon Solutions reps in developing this program, relaying what we needed to be able to see in a shared environment. They built the program and have continually improved it, making a world of difference, allowing better evaluations and more needs being met.

Cons

The software is great, if used properly. I have noticed that some users do not always enter enough information to clearly know how the client was assisted - but that is a user issue, not the software.