easyTithe Logo

easyTithe

Cloud-based donation management solution for churches

easyTithe Reviews

4.1

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.19/10

Reviews by rating

We just added the texting and it is a good feature. I like that you have a window of time that you can remove the donation if you need to make changes.
EasyTithe save us lots of time and when we have had an issue the support staff were "OUTSTANDING.
They are truly a company that cares about you, making sure that you have everything you need for success, and is very willing to go the extra mile to help you.
When larger amounts of giving come in, the system sometimes crashes when clicking "add more lines" - this does make it irritating because you have to re-enter every thing in.
Our larger contributors are paying fees much higher than we are actually incurring, which is very awkward to deal with.

AH

Anita H.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

The Support team is fantastic, and the experience with the website is good. I would recommend it.

It helps our church membership give another way other than on Sunday Morning in the worship service. If they can't be here, are working or are out of town, they can give through the app or online, and know they haven't missed giving their tithe on time. Some even give during church on their phones. They find it easier that way. Since we started with the text giving, we've had an increase in the online giving, and that's just been within a week! So we look for there to be more text giving in the near future.

Pros

Since I used another website similar to it, it was an easy transition to easyTithe. Someone unfamiliar with it shouldn't have any problems, with the support team to back them up. It also helps with the Dashboard to easily navigate the daily giving to the church. That is the easiest part of all.

Cons

I don't really have a part of it I don't like. Sometimes when I get confused about what I'm doing, I just call support, and they straighten me out.

KK

Karen K.

Very user-friendly and great customer service!

Makes it easy for our members to contribute to our church as well as gives them an easy way to pay for additional things such as Bible Study and child care, etc.

Pros

The ease of use (very user friendly) and the reports - great for accounting purposes! We have recently started using text-giving which is a wonderful feature. We have quite a few users and it is a wonderful benefit to our church.

Cons

I don't know that I have found many "cons" - every time I have an issue, the customer service department has found a way to resolve it.

Thank you so much for your review, Karen! We love serving your church and are thrilled that easyTithe is working so well for you. We'll share your kind words with the customer service team too¿they've been hard at work and will appreciate the encouragement!

MJ

Monica J.

UNAUTHORIZED MONEY HAS BEEN TAKEN OUT OF ACCOUNT

Easy to use, affordable

Pros

easy to use and affordable .......We went almost one year without any issues...it wasn't until we grew as a ministry and were using this program on a regular basis that we started seeing serious issues

Cons

I have had 1 major issue that only was taken care of where one of my donors were charged 8 times and I was unable to see the error on the platform so I had to call customer service 3 days later because of the weekend and holiday. Over 2 days, I waited on hold for 5 hours, finally I reached someone, they said it was only something they can see and then made it to where I could finally see the charges? I was finally able to refund the donor almost a week later. I am CURRENTLY ON HOLD NOW for another issue where money has been deducted out our account. These issues are problematic and if I can't get this issue rectified immediately, our church will have to find another company

Monica, Thank you for reaching out. We are aware of the error you referenced and it did cause unacceptable delays in our customer support system. We apologize, as this does not reflect what we know you deserve. Please know that the size of your congregation was not a factor in the error. We are working to ensure this does not happen again and are dedicated to serving you better.

LL

Lisa L.

Terrible Customer Service

It worked for awhile and the donors were happy 80% of the time.

Pros

The price was right and it was pretty easy to set up when we switched to EasyTithe 3 years ago. Seems to be pretty easy for the donors

Cons

Setting up Forms is not very user friendly. (though it has improved from first platform). Customer service for settlements and other issues is terrible. I have waited on for more than an hour a few times and support tickets take 7 days or more for response. Currently, they have not deposited thousands of dollars in donations made 2 weeks ago. (They have not responded to our support ticket on this)

Hi Lisa, There was a error that subsequently caused a backup in our customer service queue. We acknowledge that this is in no way acceptable and are dedicated to timely and consistent donation experiences along with providing easy-to-reach team members to assist you when you need it. Thank you for sharing your experience as we actively work to make this right with you.

JC

Jane C.

A Wise Choice

Easy Tithe was not only easy to implement administratively, it also has been extremely user-friendly for our congregation.

Pros

Easy Tithe met our requirements for efficient implementation, cost effectiveness, and ease of use for our members.

Cons

We experienced no negative experiences during implementation; we have yet to identify characteristics that we do not like.

LM

Leon M.

Awesome

It’s easy to use, our members love and you can be anywhere in the world in use it.

Pros

We like everything about this product, why because its easy.

Cons

Nothing, There is nothing wrong with it, we love it.

TS

Todd S.

Very Good Software

Overall, very positive. It is a solid software system with online access and great support. At present, we are having a problem that has escalated the trouble ticket to the System programmers. With no external changes, a donor's ACH was approved, then returned. This happened more than once, but only to this particular donor. We have had to have users delete and start their accounts over, but is more of an exception than a rule.

Pros

It is very convenient to make contributions for our members whether at home or on the go.

Cons

It does not have a seamless interface to accounting software; specifically, QuickBooks.

BL

Beth L.

Easytithe by First Christian of High Point

Our overall experience has been very favorable. It has allowed an avenue of convenience for our patrons.

Pros

We have enjoyed the ease of setup, use and the awesome support we have received. Support response time is within 24 hours and minimal issues with program.

Cons

The only con would be that Easytithe would be compatible with more search engines.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Great software for smaller churches

Pros

I like that users can utilize this software through a computer, through an app and via text. It also gives users the ability to add pictures, link your children's/spouse giving records to yours and to run reports to see how much you've given through out the year.

Cons

I don't like that you can't tell it what you're giving into via text. For example, if I want to give tithe, I can't say tithe. I just text an amount and that's it. It defaults to tithe. Doesn't seem to have much flexibility in that area.

JY

Josh Y.

Poor customer service!

Pros

Easy to use and implement. Plugs into website Allows AMEX Good use of multiple donor campaigns

Cons

I rarely write reviews...but IF you are considering using this service you need to be aware. They've had increased growth as an organization but seriously lack the infrastructure to support it. It will take several days to correct MAJOR donor-related issues. Their system has made errors in collecting double...triple and in one case 10 times one donation. Seriously! It will take them days to correct their mistakes and you'll spend hours on the phone to get a customer service representative. If you loose ONE donor...it's not worth it.

Thank you for reaching out, Josh. The error you're referencing certainly caused a great influx of calls and long hold times. It's not the experience we expect for you and we are dedicated to providing an easy customer experience, as we are to an easy donor and donation experience. I apologize you did not receive that. We're excited for what is to come product and experience wise this year and hope we continue to have the privilege to serve you.

LB

Leslie B.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Exactly what we were looking for

The future is moving toward online giving and so are we.

Pros

Ease of use and flexibility in making forms.

Cons

No complaints-we have not found anything that we don't like.

JS

Jon S.

EasyTithe is an Easy Win for Churches

We've enjoyed using EasyTithe overall. Our congregants have enjoyed the option of online giving and text giving. The convenience of monthly recurring giving has been a great added benefit to our members.

Pros

You can't beat EasyTithe's price point as far as percentages, and their feature list is impressive as well. Compared to other giving platforms, EasyTithe is very competitive.

Cons

Their forms and feel is not quite as slick and polished as some other providers, but the system is robust and again, bang for the buck is definitely there.

DM

Donna M.

New to on line giving and easyTithe is a great convenience for our members.

Increase in member giving.

Pros

It is compatible with our current church software. The End of Year Giving Statements for members were easy to compile and had no errors.

Cons

A few glitches with first year of use. A long turn-around time to speak with a representative, but better response with on line help ticket.

MB

Matthew B.

Easy Tithe Is Great

Pros

It is easy. Straightforward and not complicated.

Cons

No complaints. The recent addition of Planning Center integration is fantastic!

tp

terri p.

User Review

Very good product for your value!

Pros

It offers a lot for an affordable price.

Cons

There were not enough updates frequently for this software.

MP

Michele P.

Easy to Use & Fair Pricing

Pros

Easy to Use, Great Pricing, Reasonable Processing Fees, Recently expanded giving to allow for multiple funds to give to which is very helpful for our organization. Each experience with the Customer Service has been exceptional. They are still working out kinks in what they offer and are willing work around problems to make the program work best for our organization.

Cons

No complaints at this time that have not been resolved by the Customer Service Team.

CS

Curt S.

Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees

Great experience, but not a perfect product

Software is very easy to use. There has been two occasions when the easyTithe had to send out emails explaining with their software. The communication emails were easy to understand and the issues were corrected quickly.

Pros

The website is very easy to use for the young and the old. I like how you can set up reoccurring payments which is beneficial for those of us that travel a lot.

Cons

I have had at least 2 instances when system provided issues with members. The support team was very helpful in correcting issues.

CM

Chris M.

Customer service is non-existant

Pros

Program is simple to set up with many options. Cost is reasonable. Information for church launch is provided.

Cons

I am actually writing this review hoping to get attention to a customer issue. I contacted customer support 3 weeks ago and am still waiting for a resolution. I have actually only been responded to one time in which they said they were looking into the issue. Members are getting very irritated, I have communicated that to customer support, and that doesn't seem to speed anything along. Church members waiting 3 weeks for an answer to where their money is simply won't work. When there are no glitches, the product is convenient.

Thank you, Chris. You certainly have our attention and we appreciate you. I've gone ahead and expedited your response to determine why you've experience anything other than a very timely response to assist you and your members. I appreciate you reaching out and can assure you that we are dedicated to serving you with the best possible experience.

JB

Joanna B.

EasyTithe

Pros

It gives people the option to give online so it's nice to offer this service. It is super simple for people to use. On the back end, there are several different ways to look at the giving: deposits, transactions, funds, this month, last month. It is helpful to be able to look at it in different ways.

Cons

It takes some figuring out how to contact them, and then I have to keep checking back to see responses (they don't just email me).

MC

Misty C.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

Easy way to tithe and track how much I've donated.

I have been able to tithe to my church, track my yearly donations for tax purposed, and am also able to set up reoccuring donations if I want.

Pros

EasyTithe is easy to download and store payment information into. It has security features as well that let's me know my payment info is safe. It also allows you to set up reoccuring payments.

Cons

Being able to send money to my church is the only functionality that this software offers.

JJ

Joe J.

easyTithe Church Integration

Today's younger congregations don't carry cash and don't write checks. This was impacting both our church suppers and our giving. EasyTithe took care of both of these problems. It was embraced across all ages and is an integral part of our giving.

Pros

It has a flexible platform in that you can customize it for your organization. You can also turn on and off the fund codes for seasonal events so you can keep the fund list current. The deposit reports make it easy to integrate into our church software. Customer service resolves issues quickly.

Cons

The usual learning curve with a new process took a little while to get used to.

HR

Heidi R.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Easy for a small church to use

Pros

-Easy to implement immediately (no long onboarding process) -Gives our attendees an easy way to donate online via credit card -Once I learned the how to do the reports, it is very simple to run a report at the end of the month (or weekly/daily if you prefer) to see the amounts and donors. I did have some trouble figuring out the best way to do this but, but the customer service team was very helpful. -I'm not sure I would use this software for a large church, but for a small church (we have about 100 people weekly) it is straightforward and not too expensive.

Cons

-I don't like that there's a monthly charge as well as the small percentage charged from each donation. I would prefer that it was either one or the other, as it does make a difference in the amount donated vs. the amount actually received by the church. It is also not simple to see the total amount you are charged, as the percentages are taken throughout the month as opposed to a lump sum at the end of the month. It would be nice to have an invoice or statement to detail the charges.

SS

Shannon S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

Easy to donate to a church - NOT ABLE TO DONATE TO MORE THAN ONE EASYTITHE CHURCH THOUGH.

Terrible customer service to donors.

Pros

This is an easy app to do one-time or recurring donations. To a single church.

Cons

Customer service is unresponsive. They do not offer the ability to donate to more than one church. This might be an unusual thing, as most people probably only have one church. I go to two churches and was going to recommend to the second church to use this tool but I am now recommending we go with another donor management tool. EasyTithe does not respond to customer service requests - they only want the churches to support customers which is not always possible...like in my case here. And I figure if they won't help me now, they will likely be just as awful to work with as a church customer.

MS

Marissa S.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Great program for churches!

We have a few users on our team and no matter what age or how tech-savvy the members are, it's a breeze to work with.

Pros

I love the ease of adding giving records each week so that at the end of the year, it is a one-click event to send out giving records.

JB

James B.

Used other for 1-2 years

Easy Tithe Company Continues to Take Money From Our Church

We have used Easy Tithe for a couple years. We have never been really impressed with their service. Recently (January), we have tried to have them close our account since those who used to use them to give to our church no longer attend. Each month I send a help ticket and talk on the phone with their staff and they tell me the account will be closed. Then each month they take more money out of our bank account. I'm sorry it has come to me having to publish this to try and get them to close our account. I would not recommend Easy Tithe to anybody. I view the difficulty of simply trying to get them to stop taking money and close our account as proof they are not honest with their business. Beware of this company.

Pros

There is nothing I like about the company.

Cons

Not receiving the complete support from your donors.

Hello James, easyTithe continues to be one of the most trusted and used online giving platforms. I'm sorry your experience was not an exceptional one. As I have reviewed this case, I'm pleased to see we refunded any extra charges from January in April. The reason for the delay in cancellation was due to a security feature in our system that requires two-step verification. We did receive the second step from you in April. Thank you! Your feedback has helped us improve this experience. I did attempt to call and touch base and appreciate you trusting easyTithe with your online giving needs. Please feel free to reach out any time we may be of assistance! -Jeremy, Director of Support