easyTithe Reviews

TB

Teresa B.

EasyTithe save us lots of time and when we have had an issue the support staff were "OUTSTANDING.

BK

Barry K.

They are truly a company that cares about you, making sure that you have everything you need for success, and is very willing to go the extra mile to help you.

ML

Marcia L A.

Cons

Members are getting very irritated, I have communicated that to customer support, and that doesn't seem to speed anything along.

CM

Chris M.

When larger amounts of giving come in, the system sometimes crashes when clicking "add more lines" - this does make it irritating because you have to re-enter every thing in.

MS

Marissa S.

Our larger contributors are paying fees much higher than we are actually incurring, which is very awkward to deal with.

RH

Richard H.

Great uses for churches who have a lot of young people

Pros

In this age everyone is mobile and do not write checks a lot. This is the right tool for your younger people who on text constantly. This is easy to set up a profile and add cc and it is very secure.

Cons

I do not see any issues with easy tithe, we had a small issue and the customer support even though the staff is VERY VERY NICE, the hold time takes forever. I think they was addressing the issue, but that is the only con.

easyTithe...brings "easy" to online giving!

Pros

I really like how simple easyTithe is to use. Set up was a snap, and when I had a question, customer service provided the answer I needed in a fast and efficient manner. Our donors also really like using easyTithe for their online giving. From start to finish, they are up and running and very satisfied and confident in the safety and security of their donation.

Cons

We implemented easyTithe approximately 5 years ago, and through the years the only negative I can say is I wish we had implemented sooner. easyTithe has given us a channel of giving that we didn't have before.

Good until the last year

Pros

Ease of use on church app online and text give and at one time the customer service

Cons

Their customer support is really, really, really bad over the past several of months it is the worst I have dealt with you open tickets and it takes over a month with no response and when they do respond they just close the ticket without completing the request. I have had major problem after major problem from deductions from wrong accounts, not depositing correct amounts, depositing donations to accounts that are not ours, not reflecting donors contributions and a list of other issue. I have spoken with customer reps they have passed me up to a manager they said would help to expedite. there was several occasions were I waited on hold for over 3 hours, finally I reached someone. We are currently shopping for over providers

Hi, Willis! Thank you so much for sharing this feedback. We're deeply sorry for your experience with easyTithe. You're absolutely right¿support wait times were completely unacceptable this last fall. We did experience some service interruptions that impacted many of our customers, including you. While we're saddened that you were impacted by the issues, those challenges helped us identify shortcomings in our service model we have since corrected. Some of these improvements included staffing plans to ensure there are more resources to support you during the busiest times of the year. We'd be grateful to hear more about your experience and will reach out directly!

Easy way to tithe and track how much I've donated.

I have been able to tithe to my church, track my yearly donations for tax purposed, and am also able to set up reoccuring donations if I want.

Pros

EasyTithe is easy to download and store payment information into. It has security features as well that let's me know my payment info is safe. It also allows you to set up reoccuring payments.

Cons

Being able to send money to my church is the only functionality that this software offers.

What a huge blessing this is!

The new generation wants to be able to give on line so that is now available to them at an affordable price for the church. The software is so user friendly and I like the ability to do my reports when needed. The apps are nice and the text giving is easy. The customer support has been absolutely fabulous to work with and have met all my needs.

Pros

The ease and use of the software is great. Many options, great resources, great bundle for the price. The customer service was so easy and friendly. Our new generation prefers easy and on line which all of the software, apps and website are super easy.

Cons

While I love having the ability to create the forms the way I need them to be, I do not like to create them.

Good software, horrible customer service.

Overall it's been okay. The customer service leaves something to be desired.

Pros

We installed a kiosk in our welcome center, and it's made giving much easier for our congregation. The ability to give via app, online, or kiosk has helped our church considerably.

Cons

The customer service. When Easytithe goes down, which is a more regular thing that we'd like, it takes FOREVER to get in touch with someone to fix it.

Hi Kyland, We appreciate your time and highly value your review. Thanks for being a loyal customer! I am the Director of Customer Support and I would love to talk with you more about how we can serve you better! Our team is normally known for our exceptional attention to detail, and we regret that we missed the mark. I just called and left a message for you. Looking forward to assisting you further. Jeremy Director of Customer Support easyTithe

Growing Too Fast

We do not have to do all the PSI

Pros

When we started with EasyTithe all the information I needed was on the first screen. Documentation of donor requests was fairly consistent. We had very few complaints from donors that they could not get set up. Still we have good matching between the deposited amount and the reported amount. The help works fairly well though response has slowed down.

Cons

Issues: Having to go to several screens to research all the information we need to complete a donation receipt. Incomplete donor information and inability to edit to include preferences when it does not pick up on donor entry. Including a donor bounced trans action in another deposit rather than separately deducted from our account. Difficulty of donors to get their preferences entered. Recently a cancelled card was charged and it completed the transaction. Still shows as approved.

Hello Martha, Thank you for sharing your experience with us! Over the past two months, we have made important and noteworthy improvements to our donor reporter functionality. Being the largest giving provider for churches, ministries, and non-profits, we innovate constantly to meet our changing customer needs. If we can serve you in any way, please let us know! -Jeremy, Director of Giving Support

Great Customer Service!

EasyTithe allows our congregation to make donations paperless, and more convenient for some.

Pros

I like that it keeps track of our donations and who is donating. Being allowed to put in many options for different types of donations is very useful.

Cons

The reports are limited. I would like to be able to run a report to show the transaction fee per transaction/individual, not just for the entire batch. It would be helpful if it were able to be broken out.

Great value to get us going!

We have made it easier to give to the general and special funds. We are hopeful that in the coming year that we will see an increase in the use of scheduled giving for our missions program.

Pros

We have found EasyTithe very easy to implement on our website. I cannot stress enough how simple it has been to set up the portal and get going with the service, literally within hours of signing on for the first time. We have had good response from our congregation and see a trend of growth in use of the service.

Cons

At this time we have had no real problem with the software. I believe our biggest challenge has been in integrating the information from the website into our existing record keeping. This is not a fault in the software. All the information we need is available. It has simply taken us a little time to figure out what information we need and how to access it when we need it.

Easy to donate to a church - NOT ABLE TO DONATE TO MORE THAN ONE EASYTITHE CHURCH THOUGH.

Terrible customer service to donors.

Pros

This is an easy app to do one-time or recurring donations. To a single church.

Cons

Customer service is unresponsive. They do not offer the ability to donate to more than one church. This might be an unusual thing, as most people probably only have one church. I go to two churches and was going to recommend to the second church to use this tool but I am now recommending we go with another donor management tool. EasyTithe does not respond to customer service requests - they only want the churches to support customers which is not always possible...like in my case here. And I figure if they won't help me now, they will likely be just as awful to work with as a church customer.

Quality Online Giving System for the Price

Again, functionality and versatile features are excellent as well as user interface experience. But the back side of administrating the batch reports is a hit or miss. It would be home run if EasyTithe was able to partner with Aplos cloud accounting software so my monthly reconciliations would be better streamlined.

Pros

multiple features for administrator accounting and reconciliation, ease of use, customer services (most of the time). read below.

Cons

Many of the issues I had prior to the system and user interface upgrade have been resolved. But one thing that has been a recurring issue has been the quality of batch deposit reports over the years. The changes in third-party provider has been frustrating in regards in reconciling donor contributions with the correct fund from the batch deposits posted on the bank side to the batch deposits recorded...

easyTithe...a GREAT product!

Our church members LOVE the convenience of online and text giving! Have never heard anything negative from them about the service. On a personal level...I love the product and the personalized customer service! Thank you for providing a GREAT product and an incredible customer service experience!!!

Pros

Love how easy it was to set up and implement. When we started, we began from scratch. The folks at easyTithe helped us establish a merchant account and walked us through the process from start to finish! After having used the service for several years, I can honestly say that easyTithe provides EXCELLENT customer service. From the initial setup, to assistance with questions on usage, to helping with specific transactions...easyTithe has always been top notch!

Cons

Wish it was possible to designate to multiple funds thru text giving...in the same text message. Also, would be nice to allow ACH transactions via text giving.

Hi Alan! Thank you for your feedback! The functionality on your wish list has been on ours as well, and we're very near completion in rolling out these exciting updates! Soon, you'll be able to give to multiple funds through text giving, as well as give through text by ACH. We're in process of putting the finishing touches on this functionality, and will be sharing more details with customers as they become available. If you have any questions in the meantime, you can reach out to our support team at support@givinghelpdesk.com and we'll be happy to help!

EasyTithe is Big PLUS

EasyTithe made our transition from the envelope system to online giving exceptionally smooth. While not all of our members are ready to make the switch, the system is easy to navigate. Many people rarely or ever write checks and easyTithe is a convenient easy to use system for both the user and the church

Pros

We've used EasyTithe online giving platform at church for about seven years. They were very helpful in walking us through the setup process and our members have found the interface easy to access. We like the app-based giving link and that it is included in our package. We continue to add users and believe it has had a positive effect on our overall giving. The user interface is the best part. If it isn't easy people won't use it!

Cons

We would like to have more flexibility in customizing giving reports. The options are limited and our giving secretary has to import data and rework it a bit when she does end of year reports.

Thank you for your feedback, Ken! We're so glad you've found easyTithe to be a helpful tool for your church. If you're enjoying the native app, we'd also recommend checking out easytithe.com/MinistryOne for an even more robust church app option. Also, thank you for your feedback regarding reporting options. We are always working to enhance features. and input from our customers helps us make sure we're offering the best product possible.

Some good, some bad!

Easy Tithe was so steady for years and then they started going through changes probably the past couple of years and it has been pretty rocky. I thought about leaving a few times. But they assured me that changes were coming that would improve the experience, and it did get a lot better I guess about a year ago or so. I feel that they need to be consistent though and just stay with it. Stop changing things like they are trying to reinvent the wheel. With that being said it is hard to find a better one. We do use another software as well and they are good too but Easy Tithe does allow me as admin. to get in there and really see what is going on when a donor needs help. I do like that a lot, and there support has greatly improved.

Pros

It is easy to use and I get my daily batches emailed to me.

Cons

They keep changing the website. Sometimes I go to print a batch and when I click print then its not there. The thing I really hate is that when I try to print a report from last month by person or do a date search by last name for the previous month, neither one prints up completely. There is usually a missing name or info going from one page to the other. Especially with the last name for the previous month search. I have let them know about this and it doesn't look like they have done anything about it. It's probably been going on for at least a few months but probably longer.

Excellent for giving but ChMS and customer service need work

Inexpensive solution that allows us to provide text giving, easy and attractive online giving, and child check-in. Needs work on check-in options, as well as integration with Android products and something better than Java to run printer application.

Pros

The giving software is SUPER easy to use and most of our people have completely switched over to text giving, now that we can offer it. We also love the integration with the ChMS software, though we are still working on getting our people to use it for more than child check-in.

Cons

The ChMS software has a lot of potential, but seems to still be so new that there are a lot of features that either don't work or are just convoluted. It hasn't quite reached the streamlined point, yet. We are unable to run check-in kiosks on android tablets (though it looks like someone has developed an app to run it on Apple products), and the printer software runs through Java which doesn't run...

Hi Senja! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review. We're sorry to hear about your experience with customer support recently! We're continuing to improve our processes and reduce wait times so I hope you'll have a better experience in the future. We'll also pass along your feedback to the product team...it's really helpful! Grateful to serve you!

4 1/2 stars. Not perfect, but an excellent option with great customer service and support

I'd recommend EasyTithe in most cases. Their setup is quick, current pricing is reasonable and text message add-on costs less than $75 a year. As previously mentioned, if text donating ever is streamlined, this will be an unqualified 5 star organizational offering. Recommended today with upside potential for future version updates.

Pros

Easy Tithe is a service primarily focused on the solicitation, tracking and organization of donations to a church. Our church has about 100 families / giving circles with 250 or so parishioners in total. The set up process was smooth, quick and backed by excellent customer service and startup support. The dashboard is easy-to-use and intuitive. Even the forms, which can normally become a UI quagmire, are largely elegant and changed easily. Some of the screens have slight confusion, but nothing near the issues I've seen with other software solutions. Customer service is top notch. Communication is clear, concise and understandable without tech jargon. The fees are reasonable, although not always the lowest due to the current competitive marketplace for donation payments.

Cons

The user-friendliness, while good, isn't perfect. It is challenging to make a donation via text - if you try to give money, and let time lag between the request and clicking on a link (where you have to finalize the donation), it times out. Also, said link must be clicked twice - not a huge deal but could confuse older donators who then stop the donation thinking that something is wrong. For the same reason, I can't give 5 stars on user friendliness - instead of just typing in "$5" and offering a text-centric confirmation, donators have to go to a browser screen to finalize, which can be a bit of an inconvenience.

Pretty good and getting better

This is such a win for us as a church as giving online is the way that so many want to give, as opposed to giving in an offering bag at the church. We've recently set up TEXT giving as well and that is fantastic!

Pros

It has solved a necessary issue for us. Online giving to a church is a key way to keep engagement and income moving forward. The interface is easy to work with and the ability to give to multiple funds on the same sign-in is great. Also the ability to see your giving history is big. Additionally, being able to set up recurring donations is very important for both the church and the user.

Cons

The reporting can be a tiny bit clunky but that continues to get better. Also, it used to take forever to get someone on the phone but that is now significantly better. Hold times used to be horrendous but today they are actually quite good.

Verifying EasyTithe Contributions

It has been a good experience. I like that the money just appears in your bank account. The two new contributors in our church are young and they don't even want to buy checks. Now that they see how easy it is to contribute, I believe they will be more regular in their giving.

Pros

We had two new EasyTithe Contributors when we introduced texting to our congregation! Both were several hundred dollars each. Actually, I was not even aware of the second member's contribution until I started looking to verify the first member's text contribution. The first person mentioned it to me and said, "It was so easy!" When I saw a deposit on my bank account that was unaccounted for, I wanted to verify it was that person that had mentioned it to me. Imagine my surprise when I saw another fairly new member had also made a text contribution of almost $500, that had not hit my bank account just yet! Once I understood that the User ID is your email address, I did not have any trouble getting into the system. Thanks so much for your help at EasyTithe!

Cons

I have not found any Cons so far. There were contributions from several years ago on the list of contributors still listed our account. I am not really interesting in prior years. Is there a way that the prior years could be listed, but not open unless you ask for them to be open by the year? I believe that would be an improvement.

USING EASY TITHE FROM BACK OFFICE PERSPECTIVE

Pros

What I like most about the Easy Tithe software is that when developing the program they really made it user friendly. I feel like they kept things simple but also tried to incorporate as many features as they can. It can be really simple to find the monthly online giving, track someone's giving and even make necessary edits to a profile. I appreciate this as I am a busy person who doesn't have lots of time on my hands to fumble through a program looking for what I need.

Cons

I do wish there was more training offered. I feel like Easy Tithe has so much more I am unaware of but I'm not sure how to access it. It would be nice if they offered a training course. Also, I have data that I need to pull from Easy Tithe and input into another program called Excellerate, however Easy Tithe does not make a report that I can export into this program. Excellerate is one of the ones they have not yet added. Also, I am unable to find any sort of way to change the envelope numbers to match what we have for our members.

We are very happy with Easytithe. Works great and is very efficient in meeting our needs.

Very easy to utilize and to access from any computer.

Pros

Easytithe offers many fund options. It automatically moves the monies over to our bank account which makes it so much easier than other software. I would highly recommend this software to brand new churches as well as fully established churches.

Cons

I think the biggest concern I have is the extra monthly charge we are seeing for utilizing this software. While I realize there are regulatory costs to Easytithe, I think the fee and additional amount per transaction is more than enough to cover without having to assess another amount on top of that. I do pay less using Paypal, and even though I prefer Easytithe, any savings to a church (non-profit) is a big deal.

A Great Program Overall

A great Christian company that offers an easy and effective way to receive funds as well as create forms and correspond with donors.

Pros

The customer support at Easy Tithe is hard to top! We have had great success with the online chat feature as well as the telephone support line. In addition, their site is organized and easy to maneuver.

Cons

We recently tried to create a sign up form with multiple conditional sections on it. The form was not formatting correctly, and when we contacted Easytithe support, we found that we had added too many conditional sections to the form and only one or two tops were allowed in order to prevent the form from crashing. Small kinks like this seem to arise from time to time, but they have not been make it or break its for us. We have just had to be creative a find a way around them.

Thank you for the positive feedback, Rachel! We are thrilled to have the opportunity to serve your ministry well. Also, thanks for the feedback surrounding the conditional form elements. We'll pass this along to the product team as they continue to build the product into the future.

Love the Software

Amazing! It’s taken our church giving to a new level. Saw donations from people that rarely give the traditional way. When members set up automatic giving, being out of town doesn’t affect their giving. Gave order to our church finances.

Pros

Most functions are easy to understand and use, organized church giving, synchronized with easy tithe plus, ability to connect to bank & QuickBooks, variety of report queries, assistance only a phone call away, etc.

Cons

Setting up QuickBooks sync, the errors that done allow for easy tithe plus sync even when the correct information was entered, limited technical assistance hours

Easy Tithe Giving

Overall I would say we are pleased with easyTithe and the components we use.

Pros

As a donor it is easy to set up and use. It is pretty straight forward. We just added the texting and it is a good feature. I like that you have a window of time that you can remove the donation if you need to make changes.

Cons

On the administering side, there have been some bugs that have been worked out that were a little frustrating. Sometimes the donor names do not show up on the batch reports, and I have even had a situation where the deposit at the bank did not have a batch report to match it. Having said that, I have not had any of these issues for several months. Some thing to still work on: the batches sometimes lag several days behind the actual deposit. Also contact information is difficult to find on the website. For some things it is much easier to speak to an actual person instead of going back and forth on a support ticket.

Great team to work with

Pros

The Easytithe software is so user-friendly a person of any age can navigate through it. We have had no trouble with the service or software, and only have great things to say about the support staff. Whenever we contact the company, our issue is settled in a professional, prompt fashion.

Cons

The only part of the software we had trouble with is the MinistryOne App. We could not customize the APp to fit our Ministry structure. Our senior members had trouble connecting the App with their existing EasyTithe account.

My experience with easyTithe has been excellent thus far. The customer service team is fabulous .

We received the benefit of introducing our organization, congregation, volunteers, supporters and others to a convenient, safe, user-friendly program for financial giving that has opened the door for our church to offer quality service that provides convenience in giving that many are looking for in a church today. Secondly, it allows an excellent management and integration system to further advance our tracking and efficiency.

Pros

I like everything about the program so far. It meets the needs of my organization and allows us to become more efficient in our outreach. It provides the ability for us to professionally and efficiently track online giving while also establishing another level of online outreach with those whom we engage with through the service. It provides a 2nd level of opportunity to reach new potential giving partners through marketing also. The software provides opportunity to continue building our online presence and offer secure and safe convenience to our team.

Cons

Since I don't understand the thoroughness of what can be done with the reports, I will have to say that I am not sure. Based on what I have experienced so far, I am not sure it will provide me with all I would like to do in reporting information. My opinion is out on it until I can go deeper in my knowledge of reports.