EnterpriseIQ Reviews

EnterpriseIQ

Enterprise resource planning software for manufacturers

EnterpriseIQ

Review Summary

Cliff S.

Great integration between manufacturing and accounting modules. The software allows administrators to grant security permissions on a field level which is very helpful.

Kimberly D.

Carol M.

Cons

We have had decent support. Because of interface, some users are nervous to mess things up.

Chris F.

There's no time or money wasted on customization because you're not given the source code. In other words, it's basically off the shelf.

Ted L.

This can get annoying as you are going along in the quote and get stopped to add a due date and have to return to the 1st page.

IQMS ERP System

Overall, I've had a very positive experience with IQMS as it helps drive the company's workflows for manufacturing.

Pros

I chose IQMS over other ERP Systems because it brought together all the company's functional areas into a single platform (Manufacturing, Finance, Quality). I also liked it was a single company with a single tech support number to deal with.

Cons

The implementation was a big project.... I wish I had been slightly more involved to prevent headaches down the road.

IQMS

Compared with other ERP systems, it doesn't require the backend support that many competitors require. IQMS runs on an average server with out a lot of customization costs and high end hardware.

Pros

Fairly intuitive. Most areas are quick to use without a deep dive. Depending on your view one of the benefits is that you can jump from module to module via right click. Multiple ways to reach the same information.

Cons

Reporting is a little cumbersome unless you are well versed in Crystal Reporting or have the lead time to have a custom report built.

IQMS: the silver bullet of ERP software?

Getting IQMS will be like hiring the most productive IT person(s) you've ever seen. IQMS will not solve all your problems, just most of them. And as your business grows and your needs change, you will likely be pleasantly surprised to discover that IQMS has the depth and robustness to grow with you. Take your time and make sure you define your needs/wants well. Imagine both the scenarios of bad...

Pros

Customer service oriented. Robust, feature rich, fault tolerant, scalable, flexible. Quick right click jump features everywhere. Lots of customization possibilities. Many automation options from order entry (EDI) to real time scheduling on the floor, to labeling and shipping out the door. Crystal Reports and regularly scheduled Alerts Server allows granular management by exception as needed...

Cons

No real cons that wouldn't apply generally to all other ERP software (for example, the cost of annual maintenance and license pricing model, better tools for monitoring license usage, cumbersome security, and the upgrade process). You do need at least one full time in-house "champion." Most of our issues with IQ tend to be self-inflicted and usually come from our internal lack of proper understanding of the appropriate use of the program, and/or real world constraints (for example, "do you want it under budget or on time?"). As with any software support, sometimes you must patiently ask complicated questions a couple of different ways before you both reach a mutual understanding of each other's positions.

Without change, performance would never improve

As a small business, its crucial that we proxy for one another. IQMS has become the absolute cornerstone for day to day functionality. One area of focus that we were really excited about was the Real Time module. We, both supply and compete with billion dollar companies who must regularly review Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) as a key metric.

Pros

Its user friendly! Without having prior experience using an integrated system, I was able to lead a team, effectively self implementing from work station installs to setting up barcoding and scanning for Warehouse management.

Cons

Similar to any software, There can be a steep learning curve between modules in the beginning .

IQMS Review

Pros

The software is huge and more customizable to our particular business model than competitors.

Cons

The system is huge, and it is impossible to learn it without ongoing training. Support is really a sales team for training, and consistently pushes customers in need of assistance to purchase training, in lieu of actually providing support.

reviewq

the company was recently purchased so not sure how that will impact things overall. There support system and folks are very helpful.

Pros

the GUI - user interface. Smartpage. CRM

Cons

their update process. updates nearly always break functioning portions of the software. the accounting aspects. many "feature" processes don't post to correct accounting GL's in the backend. Way too expensive. KPIs and such never worked well. Webdirect never worked.

No More External Spreadsheets

If we had not implemented three years ago, we would have been up a creek without a paddle. It is truly an end to end solution and with so many packages to add on to the core, it will be able to grow with us into the future.

Pros

This system goes from quote to customer right through sales, purchasing, engineering, manufacturing, quality control, material review board, non-conformance, returns. HR modules and document control are available. Warehouse and distribution allowing for scanners and barcoding. Many many add on's within the same software company - as well as the ability to go outside the core and get third party...

Cons

Because of its overwhelming ability to do almost anything, sometimes you are disappointed by some small things it cannot do. Sometimes you have to go through a couple of people to find the best solution to your problems in support, but generally they get you the answers in a timely manner.

IQMS Review

Overall, we are happy with IQMS. We are a plastic injection molding company and we use the system from quote to cash. It is our central point of information and connectivity between departments. We are intending to expand our usage of the system in the future by adding other modules. Our reporting capabilities are significantly increased through the usage of this system as well. We use the IQAlert and IQVoice systems on a daily basis to stay ahead of issues and report problems immediately to the manufacturing floor. RealTime screens are running throughout the plant so we have an instant visual on how the day is going. Overall, this has been a great benefit to our company and has helped us grow our business.

Pros

The Real time access to information is my favorite thing about this software. We use the modules to connect to the machines and this information drives many of our decisions. The system has a great deal of functionality, and I know we are not utilizing it to its fullest. It has helped us as we are growing as a manufacturing company.

Cons

I do not like having to upgrade to a whole new version when we need to make a change. It would be nice if we could simply update with a patch. It takes a long time to get a solution to a system issue and we are often making work arounds. I know they are beginning to offer web-based solutions that will probably largely eliminate this issue. (Although, development and corrections will still take time I'm sure). Also, I feel as though the customer service has gone down since we began with them in 2011. I tend to only call support when I'm really stuck with an issue. More often then not, I'm directed to help pages that I've already read and still didn't resolve my issue.

Using IQ since 2009

Saving time since IQ is taking care of mostly everything

Pros

It includes everything from order entry, inventory, machine scheduling to accounting

Cons

Version 16 has a lot of problems still unsolved

Hard to start

Pros

The software itself seems very useful. Downfall on our use, was that the person helping with start up cut too many corners.

Cons

There are ALOT of windows to go through to find what you need.

ERP For The Small Injection Molder

The feeling within our company is very positive regarding EnterpriseIQ. It is a package that appears to have been essentially co-developed by plastics processors through customer feedback. With that, it has been a great tool to streamline our operation. This, being like many other things, you will get out of it what you put into it. We are a small company with many of us wearing many proverbial hats. Consequently, none of us are dedicated toward ERP utilization / improvement. With that and as expected, expanded use of the software is coming around at a slower pace. I have no regrets in having recommended the purchase of Enterprise IQ. If I knew then what I know know about the software, I would make the same purchase decision.

Pros

A 'One Stop Shop' for just about any need for which a database is applicable within the plastic injection molding industry. Having used separate application software programs prior to IQMS, integration has been a huge benefit and future integration is still an opprortunity. Although I have only monitored it up to this point, the level of information shared by the User Group is amazing. IQMS Staff,...

Cons

While Tech Support is responsive and interaction is positive, the need to coordinate a time to "remote in" is not always convenient and sometimes discouraged me from calling or emailing. While Securities are very powerful and flexible, it seems there is complexity that comes with that power. Mastering securities is not something that appears to be intuitive or quickly/easily learned. Given the power and potential flexibility of the software, it does require a resource dedicated (at least to some degree) in order to tap into that power and expand use into it's many features. Cost as well as internal resources have prevented us from seriously considering additional modules and/or consulting visits from IQMS implementation specialists to improve utilization.

If users are prepared to put in the upfront work into IQMS it will be a great asset to your business

Pros

The depth and breadth of the program is impressive. I like the flexibly of use from a small section of manufacturing process, to using it fully from quoting, production and quality testing. Consistency but continued expansion of the IQMS program is appreciated (I am a user since 2004). Help desk can be very responsive when it comes to problems/questions arising. If it is a major problem they will `take you by the hand solve it with you. With the interface I appreciate the ability to jump from window to window to window. I also appreciate it is a multi-window program.

Cons

The structure of the database not being directly linked to the naming scheme of the interface can be frustrating when creating reports or finding problems. The structure of security section is hard to manage (groups and sections instead of individual profiles and direct security approvals). Not being able to easily substitute alternative items in the BOMs/Work orders can be a hindrance to accurate consumption. Also the structure of the consumption can be awkward. If a change is needed to the program a committee gathers once a year to vote on the focus of the upgrades and improvements, is the process to update errors to the computer system, instead of a more instant solution (though if it is obvious they will fix it sooner).

IQMS ERP Review

We are very satisfied with our decision to implement IQ. After an intense benchmarking/evaluation process, IQ finished far above other options. We implemented all mission critical business processes in a very short 5 months given the number of data bases we were using to run our business. I frequently remark that there are 2 or 3 ways to accomplish a task/objective utilizing IQ and our responsibility...

Pros

IQ is a feature rich/constantly evolving ERP system-handling mission critical/multi-plant business processes, eliminating multiple points of data entry and the associated errors IQAlert e-mailed exception reports-employees can focus on meeting customer needs EDI is fully integrated, not a third party solution-allowing us to work as part of a team with IQ and our customers to improve performance...

Cons

Employees that are not fully engaged sometimes have difficulty understanding and/or utilizing the efficiencies inherent in IQ. However, several cost and time effective training options are available that range from learning basic navigation/software capability skills thru expanding knowledge of application specific IQ functionality. Security Administration can be fairly complex and cumbersome to maintain, especially after software updates although there has been recent improvement in this area.

EnterpriseIQ - The Intelligent Choice

I can only speak from the perspective of injection molding, but we have found EnterpriseIQ to be a very good fit for our business. It is very strong in Scheduling, Quality, CRM, Real-Time Press Monitoring, Warehouse/Inventory Management, and Asset Management, as well as the core ERP functions (AR, AP, etc.) (We do not run EDI so I can't comment). NBP is running far more efficiently now than before we implemented IQ. We painstakingly evaluated many software packages prior to making our selection, and we are glad that we chose EnterpriseIQ. I recommend it wholeheartedly. EnterpriseIQ is the intelligent choice.

Pros

EnterpriseIQ is a very comprehensive and robust ERP system. We were able to consolidate our old ERP and several independent, and often redundant databases, spreadsheets and other systems into one central application. In general, the system is reliable and easy to maintain. Support is good, readily available, and domestic. No pressing (1) for English. IQMS as a company seems to value its customers,...

Cons

In the grand scheme of things, relative to other ERP systems, there are few drawbacks to IQMS, and no showstoppers for NBP. Occasionally the MRP engine creates a work order that doesn't seem to have any demand, so sometimes I have to evaluate the need for an order manually to be sure. Security/permissions for the system is a bit cumbersome at times, but IQMS has improved that recently and continues to work on it. Alerts seems to be a bit unstable. I don't know if that is a widespread issue or unique to us, but I frequently have to restart the app. We have not been able to get IQ to fit our needs for quoting, but in all fairness our system is fairly elaborate. We also found the Workforce module to be weak.

EnterpriseIQ Recommendation

I cannot speak to IQMSs functionality outside of my industry (we are custom injection molding) as I know that they have branched into other types of molding as well as discrete manufacturing. I can, however, attest that the system fits injection molding like a glove. If you are looking to replace your current ERP system, I would strongly recommend that you consider IQMSs EnterpriseIQ .

Pros

Purchased Dec, 2003, went live 05/2004 , replaced 4 separate DB's with 1 intregrated system, and added QA & maint tracking systems. No finger pointing, replacing stand-alone systems with one is a huge PRO in my mind. I was leery about EDI, much to my delight integration is outstanding. Front loads are visible in the schedule right away, instead of 24 hours later saving us expedite costs. The system...

Cons

CS: 4. Knowledgable support staff but some issues take time to resolve, which can be frustrating from users eyes. (usually involve our use of the system not broken software) Very few calls due to broken software (usually after an upgrade) Never been DOWN due to software issue (this is big). But with so much functionality theres bound to be some problems. We get timely fixes when needed. IQMS is...

IQMS is an Excellent Choice for Manufacturing ERP & MES

The data that we are collecting, especially with the real-time MES has allowed us to get a handle on our real performance for inventory control, labor efficiency, and scrap so we have been able to improve those (after learning we were really worse than we thought once we had indisputable data vs staff recording data in our old system. You cannot hide numbers with real-time. Our inventory issues were solved and we have not had to do a physical inventory since implementation 5 years ago.

Pros

Very manufacturing friendly and has all the functionality you need to run an entire manufacturing company. In addition, the IQMS MES system is seamless and provides valuable data in Real-Time. There are drag/drop charts that mesh quality data with process data, tolerance setting to monitor processes as well as workflows to remove paper and allow processes, forms, reports to be paperless. Communication to departments is built-in along with document control and storage. I can also see everything that is going on while on the road with the mobility built-in.

Cons

The financial package does not have great 'drill down' capability for variances if you use the standard costing vs actual costing. However, the newest version does have this capability but I have not used it yet.

GAME CHANGER

Our overall experience with this system has been amazing! Cannot give it good enough ratings. The people in the company are great to work with, the other customers are a joy to be around and it is a great environment to operate in.

Pros

As we looked to grow, it was clear that we could not do it on current platform, after implementing IQMS we were able to build a platform that allowed us to double our business while maintaining our elite quality scorecard with customers like GM, Magna, BorgWarner and ZF. This technology was game changing.

Cons

It is a fringe element of the system is the SPC/quality module. I wish that there was a more robust quality module including PPAP, control plans and FMEA analysis.

EIQ in a non-plastics environment

EIQ is a much better solution than our previous conglomeration of software. It provides us with good inventory control and BOM functions. The positive aspects of the software outweigh the negative aspects, and we are having some success in eliminating these negatives as well.

Pros

Customer support is excellent. They have been very helpful with a variety of questions and do a good job of following up on issues that are not readily solved in a single phone call. I never get the feeling that they are simply trying to get me off the phone, but instead are genuinely interested in solving my problem. Navigation is very robust, but easy to use. The ability to "jump to" related...

Cons

Much of the terminology and functionality is geared to the plastics industry. Since we are not in this business, it can be somewhat cumbersome at times to have to wade through all of the plastics features to get to those that we need. The cost accounting functionality does not allow us to break down manufacturing costs in as much detail as we would like. We are currently evaluating the latest...

Awesome for plastic injection molding

If you are a plastic injection molder, BUY THIS PROGRAM!!! We looked at many other packages, but none of them were going to work for us. Make use of on-site consulting at implementation and on an on-going basis to make full use of the software and to discover new features as they are introduced in new releases.

Pros

IQMS manages our injection molding operations extremely well. The scheduling and purchasing modules are slick, and the program can handle all the quirky aspects of our industry such as family tools, running down cavitation, concentrate let-down ratios, sales orders with multiple releases, etc. The Real Time monitoring system collects data as jobs are run, and managers can see the current status of...

Cons

IQMS is not the most intuitive program, and thus there is a steep learning curve at implementation. For example, some very useful screens are really hidden and a user would never 'stumble' upon them or even know about their existance if not shown by a trainer. Also, the screens/menus are not consistant across all modules. For example, there are different ways to sort lists depending on what screen...

Wide ranging, good performance, constant improvement, responsive company

I gave implementation 3 stars, but planning will make it easier! The initial construction of your databases is critical, and will determine whether your implementation is successful or a nightmare. I strongly urge anybody considering this package to also factor in the costs of using their excellent professional services group (I will happily recommend a particular person on request) as they have...

Pros

IQ continues to: A) improve existing functionality, and B) Add functionality in response to customer input and new markets. This has allowed us to use the program for an injection plastics, rubber molding and a metal turning operation. Customer service is excellent, and I have heard they are working on 24/7 access. Documentation is excellent overall - if you use the help files they will...

Cons

We don't use the EDI, WMS (RF scanners), label printing or Time and Attendance modules because of the complexity of our needs - others do, so this is not necessarily a minus for all potential users.

EnterpriseIQ - The Ultimate ERP Solution

I would highly recommend EnterpriseIQ. The staff at IQMS is a pleasure to work with and extremely accessible. IQMS listens to their users and allow them to have a great amount of input into enhancements to EnterpriseIQ. When there is a question as to how users feel about an enhancement that another user suggests, it is put to a user vote. This is done online so that users don't have to wait until a user group meeting to vote. IQMS hosts Users Group meetings that are very informative and helpful for networking with other users. With many tools that IQMS has provided to their users, users can easily pose questions to a user forum and get a quick response. EnterpriseIQ is a great ERP solution that should not be passed by!

Pros

EnterpriseIQ provides a full ERP system including a payroll module. There is no need to use 3rd party software to transfer/link labor time & attendance to payroll. MRP is easy to use and provides users with real-time availability and requirements through the use of finite scheduling. Powerful reports can be created through the use of Crystal Reports. Files can be linked with ease providing users...

Cons

The only issue that we have had with EnterpriseIQ is trying to integrate biometric fingerprint readers to use as our means of collecting attendance. The time clock capture is easy to use, however, there is no way to validate if an employee is clocking themselves in/out and/or a co-worker in/out.

IQMS is a very versatile system that offers a lot of functionality for a reasonable price point.

As a mid-size business with global locations, this ERP was really a lifeline. The price tags on the big ERPs are untenable and often don't support the unique needs of a lean manufacturer. It's not the prettiest system out there, but I appreciate the flexibility and the fact that IQMS is dedicated to improving the software.

Pros

The system is very flexible to many processes and industry requirements. The company really uses user feedback to help drive software enhancements and support fixes. You get a lot of functionality for very low cost. The implementation process was well managed and we were able to go-live ahead of schedule and under budget. Not many ERP implementations can boast that.

Cons

There are sometimes too many available options and ways to use the system. It can drive you to implement a process in one module that inadvertently limits your usage of other modules. Navigating how the system works as a whole is often unclear and can be frustrating - not knowing that checking this box over here affects something over there that you were not even thinking about. The last few years of growth have been painful from a tech support standpoint, as they can't keep up with hiring and training and you often have to train the support person how the system works before you can even discuss a bug or issue you are facing.

Overall our experience has been good..

We use the software to run our entire company.

Pros

IQMS has adapted to meet the needs of our customer requirements that are constantly evolving. They have also put forth a good effort to make enhancements to the system to improve or add functionality to the software for a better manufacturing ERP experience.

Cons

Upgrades can be a lot on the rough side. Even with testing prior to going live there are things that happen that should not. I am not sure if is a always a live load situation that provides the challenge, but there has been an increase with issues happening in the upgrade process. Support has also taken a hit over the past couple of years. Level 1 support is lacking on anything but basic issues. If there is anything complex, good luck. Also, if anything happens outside the normal front end interface about 50% of support won't even attempt to help you and the customer is on their own.

Two Thumbs Up for Enterprise IQ

I can only objectively comment on EIQ for Plastics. Our relation with IQMS has been a very successful one. The software does everything we need it to do stock, without modifications. Implementations have all been very smooth, and on time and budget. IQMS support is very good and timely. From general Customer Support to more detailed technical support, IQMS has always been there for us. The niche...

Pros

There are many Pros to EIQ. First, it is a TRUE ERP package. EIQ has INTEGRATED has all the elements necessary to run a plastics business. These are IQMS written modules, not a skeleton package that 'bolts on' other vendor applications. Second, the EIQ implementation was on schedule for each plant where we deployed it. Third, IQMS excels at listening to 'the voice of the customer'. IQMS listens...

Cons

Customer Service is not 24/7

Complete ERP

We are able to manage the business from start to finish using the software. From CRM to shipping, and including ISO-9001 controls. Software is stable and we rarely have any interruptions.

Pros

Available features. Every aspect of our business can be managed with EnterpriseIQ.

Cons

Updates are somewhat cumbersome. At peak times customer support can be slow to respond.