Minitab Logo
Minitab

Statistical analytics software to predict and visualize data

visit website

Minitab Reviews

User ratings

4.4

• Likelihood to recommend8.28/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

This was the first statistical tool that I learned how to use and I think it was very easy to learn. It has a lot of great features and is affordable for companies.
I used MiniTab only when had a free trial and. I highly recommend it and would love to have a license.
I liked the fact that minitab is very user friendly and its very easy to use when learning the basics of data validation, analysis among other functionalities.
I think the only trouble that I found was the fact that there are a few features missing that are on excel.
Software had a few bugs in the software where it had errors or did not respond.
The lack of wizard if you dont understand the tests thst you need to use to serve your purpose.

Minitab users...

MATLAB-logocaret

MATLAB

SAS-STAT Software-logocaret

SAS-STAT Software

How would you rate Minitab?

Good product

Transcript

Joe M.: Hi, I'm Joe. I'm a lead engineer. I'd give Minitab a five out of five. For more reviews like...

Simple but sophisticated Data Analysis tool

Minitab is a good data analysis tool for especially business units which does not mostly have professional data analysts/scientists. So anyone can use Minitab to analyze its business data, regardless of the background.

Pros

I like how Minitab is simple, AKA, easy to use but still have many features and tools to analyze and manipulate data. I like how it is possible simply copy-paste from Excel sheet and plot any graph that is needed in literally seconds, then customize the parts of it by simple double clicking.

Cons

That's rather a design issue but when closing data tables/workspace sometimes it closes Minitab and any unsaved progression is lost and that's of course sad.

Statistical analysis made easy for Industry

Overall we haven’t identified a better statistical analysis software that can be at the reach of professionals regardless of their statistical knowledge breath and computational experience. We utilize it in the job shop, in training and education, and projects.

Pros

The functionality of Minitab is easy to use and adds value across the organization, from R&D experiments to Process Quality Control.

Cons

The point and click functionality of Minitab makes it easy to follow and implement, but becomes tedious and monotonous to go over multiple windows and tabs for advanced users.

I love everything about minitab.

Pros

I can compile data reports at the hit of a button. I was using Excel workbook for data analysis and regression analysis but minitab is way more user friendly and less complex in comparison to excel. It also provided a lot more functionalities which are missing in excel

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about the software. I am more than satisfied with Minitab. If anything I would like minitab to be compatible with other software systems that I use on a daily basis in order to import and export data.

Optimizing the process and design is easy

It helps to solve ANOVA problems, regression analysis, and many more problems. Apart from these it allows optimizing process parameters and design process.

Pros

Allows to optimize processes and designs, perform different calculations very quickly and accurately. Lots of features and detailed tools makes it more accurate and allows to collect the data in many ways.

Cons

So many features make it confusing and require good training sessions to work upon any type of calculation and problems.

Minitab 19, good value for your money

Sales representative are available in English & Spanish, if you contact them by e-mail they'll answer real fast. Installation on server was easy with support provided. And installation on clients was a breeze. No problems at all. Minitab is good enough to cover our data analysis needs, we use it at the quality lab to analyze results, so far with good outcomes in few time. At first may be a bit difficult to understand if you are not familiar with terms, but after a small lesson you can quickly learn how to take advantage of the possibilities it offers.

Pros

We got a network license, it is available through the whole office with basic installation without the need to have a dedicated license for each user, specially because this is a SW we use a few times per month.

Cons

The network license is for 5 seats, for small offices (15 employees) it is too much to get all 5 and too expensive to have only 3.

Required for Statistics

I use the Minitab program frequently for my studies in the field of health. I can easily interpret the results. In particular, it is easy to design and analyze the tools of the experiment design. In addition, there are optimization tools both in regression analysis and many tools of experimental design, which makes this program valuable. In particular, optimization models with multiple objective functions are very difficult to solve (nonlinear programming). However, the solution can be reached more easily with Minitab.

Pros

Provides ease of use, is compatible with Excel, the results are very accurate

Cons

The visual status of the graphics needs to be improved

Great statistical software

Pros

It is extremely easy to use and quite powerful. You get results quickly and reliably. It has been able to do any of the statistical analysis that I have ever needed. Graphs and images look nice and integrate well into Word and Excel.

Cons

While it is easy to use, it can actually be a bit overwhelming at times. It has so many functions and capabilities that it is easy to get lost. It can also be a bit pricey.

Good Standalone

If you need a statistical software that stands alone from any other system. Minitab is viable option. But, if you need it to tie to other systems to be feed the data, don't go this route. You can import data manually and copy manually, but that is it. This works the same way on export. So in other words, it is like a fancy calculator that you have sitting on your desk. Over the years they have...

Cons

PD, thank you for sharing your perspective on Minitab. Per your comment about using multiple systems, please use Help > Licensing > Move to transfer a single active license between multiple computers, at no extra charge. Only a single license can be active at any given time per the single-user license agreement, and we also offer multi-user licenses if that better meets your needs. And you can fortunately integrate Minitab with other systems to automatically import data, then create charts, run stats, etc. For assistance, please contact Tech Support at 814-231-2682.

Statistical Analysis Software

I use Minitab to calculate statistics on data sets for my organization.

Pros

Minitab is rather straightforward for statistical uses. I appreciate that the User Interface mimics Excel, which makes it more approachable to use and learn compared to alternatives.

Cons

I would prefer there to be more visualization options so that I could make my analyses more visually stimulating.

State of the art calculation software

Pros

I use Minitab on daily basis for my college while it is not as simple to navigate through as Excel it provides a wider range of possibilities to complete your calculation and statistics questions much faster without using any formulas .

Cons

It takes a little time getting used to navigate between different options and choosing the adequate commands.

Minitab 19 for Statistical Analysis

I have been using this for 5 years now. This is the easiest software ever I had in my university life. I have done my undergraduate research by using this software. we do not need to code it. It has nice interference. very easy to handle in basic problems.

Pros

No need to code or programme the process. It has a graphical user interface.

Cons

Graphs are not that much attractive. we can not use those graphs directly in a report.

Indispensable Tool for Six Sigma

I'm happy with it. Minitab does what it's supposed t do and can be extended to do more.

Pros

Minitab has everything I need to perform analytics for manufacturing and the service industry. It's nice to put in large datasets and get clean graphs for my perusal. That being said, I don't know how well it functions for anything outside of Six Sigma. The Quality Trainer package is a good way to learn how to use the software as well as the major concepts behind it, especially since many of the people who go into SS or Lean frequently can stand to refresh their statistics knowledge. The price may seem a bit steep, but it has plenty of features and, presumably, it's a necessary and deductible business expense for your consultation firm -- unless you just enjoy playing with it. That's cool, I won't judge you.

Cons

*It doesn't produce especially pretty graphs *I prefer coding in MATLAB *It can take a while to learn. Again, you're probably using this for a job that you'll be working for years or decades, so that's not really an issue.

Great tool for researchers

As a researcher, I often have to conduct statistical analysis on data to determine whether the difference is statistical etc.

Pros

Great statistical analysis that allows for quick evaluation of the significance of data. Simple and powerful, no training necessary to start using.

Cons

No major complaints about the software. Only complaint is that I don't think I can install on a Mac.

Minitab Usage for Six Sigma Projects

Overall a good software for analysis , I will recommend it

Pros

Allows Free user Trial for One month Got result of analysis in Bell Graphs for capturing deviation I have used it for Value stream Mapping , six sigma Projects , Process Improvements

Cons

you will need a Laptop or computer system for this software for inputting data and for getting analysis.

very practical

It facilitated a task entrusted to me that another could not

Pros

The software is very practical but at the same time very expensive for one who is a student, it would be ideal to take one for less complex analyzes that serve the apprentice's practice in order to have better results with this software and be of first necessity since it is very good

Cons

the cost of the package since the income is low in my country, you do not have access to the currencies and that makes it difficult to have an excellent program

Excellent program to manage databases

I was able to learn how to manage databases and analyze them statistically

Pros

It is a program where basic statistics analysis and multivariate methods can be done, it has a wide range of options to analyze qualitative and quantitative variables

Cons

The versions of the program should be updated constantly to be on par with other programs and the function of exporting databases should be a little easier

Essential tool for 6-Sigma projects

We are using this tool as a statistical data solver. You can understand the problem's inputs and effects. Weibull distrubition is the easy way to understand most cases behaviour.

Pros

I've been using this program since got the 6-Sigma green belt certificate. Best assistant to work through statistical study.

Cons

Program can be develop the some tools as an user friendly. Visual appearance is important for new-users.

Smart Data Analysis, REALLY.

Pros

Minitab 18 statistical software is a great tool that can be used by different companies, colleges and universities. I started using Minitab 18 when our team needed our data analyzed, we have tried different software but Minitab has come through. The Assistant feature of the software is of great help so far, especially when facing a dilemma between two choices, the feature assists in choosing the necessary step to complete your analytical dashboard or processing. It is very easy to learn as well, being that the assistant can walk you through your first task. User-friendly.

Cons

Minitab is a bit on the pricier range when it comes to tools of the caliber.

Minitab 19

Pros

its the best staistical software which is very use full for regression analysis and ANOVA

Cons

the range of statistical analysis is not wide as ather similar packages

Minitab - reliability analysis

Reliability analysis becomes easy with minitab and statistics is even more easier as well.

Pros

Test plans via reliability/survival module because of its easy of use. I also do variance analysis between two or more production batches by using ANOVA, MSA

Cons

Several times it is not easy to navigate to a certain type of analysis you are looking for and I think it should improved.

Minitab Review

In my last job I used minitab to statistically analyze the quality of a concrete plant production. Thanks to the anlyzes we were doing we noticed that the concrete supplier changed the design mix without asking any permission from us. On my current job I use minitab to analyze the down time we are having in the loading of aggregates in a ship and see ways in which we can reduce it

Pros

The simplicity to realize statistical analyses on numeric data. In my opinion it is the statistical software with the most friendly interface

Cons

The lack of features to analyze database based on string values.

Good for statisical purposes

I used the software for the final part of my research, which was data analysis. I did analysis, plotting graphs. It was not very hard to figure out all the functions.

Pros

Very userfriendly interface. I'm not very good in statistics but had to use it for my undergrad research. This software made the whole process easy, from data analysis to plotting graphs.

Cons

Nothing bad to say. The software worked perfectly for my research purposes. For a user not very familiar with all statistical disciplines, they might have to learn that first. But the software made the process much easier.

Good statistical analysis tool.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that you do not need to have knowledge of any programming language. The interface is very user-friendly, and you can find all the tools in menus. The outputs, as graphs, also look very good.

Cons

This software should have more advanced statistical analysis tools. It has mainly all the basic statistical stuff.

Great for Statistical Analysis

I used Minitab 19 for doing the analysis on my eCommerce business data of customers and products. And to do forecasting calculations.

Pros

I have used multiple statistical software throughout the course of my career as an engineering student and an entrepreneur. Minitab being solely for statistical analysis has made it a g to software for the beginner or basic needs. Its Help menu has all the statistics function description in there.

Cons

having used Microsoft excel as well my needs were more than just statistical analysis which Minitab is nowhere close to Excel at that. And also the visualization is not too good. If that could be improved it would be a deal-breaker for me at least.

Minitab Software review

Data analysis for research purposes. I was continuing with research work and collected all data. One of my books reefers to Minitab example and then I used it for statistical analysis. I found this software really useful for data analysis with various features and options.

Pros

They have a lot of options to analyze data along with graphs and plot. Their customized options provide a lot flexibility to user. This software provides statistical summary, information along with the visualized graphs.

Cons

I think they can still improve their user interface. Sometime it’s complex to find some options. Though, there are lots of statistical software analysis on the MiniTab but there arrangement and location is complex.