Service Autopilot Logo

Software for Lawn, Snow, Cleaning, and Landscaping Companies

visit website

Service Autopilot Reviews

4.2

How would you rate Service Autopilot?

Pros

I use all their features and each one does an amazing job of saving me time and helps me better serve my clients. The people are amazing, absolutely amazing.

SP

Scott P.

I have had the privilege of metting quite a few of the staff as well as the creators, and they are very devoted to making this the best software for any business that expects more.

JR

Jamie R.

Service Autopilot has been great for us, we are continually impressed with their customer service, training, and the benefits it has and is brining our company.

RC

Ryan C.

Cons

The potential for making mistakes in scheduling jobs is high. These user mistakes can lead to jobs simply disappearing, or unable to be found.

JM

Jesse M.

In fact, their latest release, V3, is a disaster. The interface is unforgivingly bewildering.

JM

Jesse M.

When I inquired why our pricing was higher, I was told about the tiered pricing and because it only affected a few clients, they intentionally didn't notify us about the change.

KG

Kim G.

The best solution on the market. period.

Pros

This program is the best thing to ever happen to my company. It is extremely user-friendly and incredibly efficient to use. The team at Service Autopilot have put major thought into creating a superior product, that actually automates many aspects of my business.

Cons

Thank you Matt! We're so glad we could help your business grow. The future holds many great things for both of our companies.

Stop and smell the roses

It's been a headache but because we spent so much time and money implementing this program we are stuck with it for a long time.

Pros

It's easy to accept payments and bill out of the program

Cons

Not that easy to schedule client appointments. Lots of steps and multiple windows to do one task. If you want continuity in your accounting think twice about this program. The accounting aspect is terrible and when you call for support you always get "well this is why we are not an accounting software." There are some really easy fixes that could be done to help get this program to be more accounting friendly like communicating with Quickbooks to show credits, refunds, etc. You end up with two programs that don't "talk" well with each other. If you want to see detailed customer history for service calls then forget about it.

Marketing Director

We have used Service Auto Pilot for just under a year. In Fairness we haven't made the time investment to take advantage of the full functionality of the tool or to take advantage of many of the features. I just attended the Service Auto Pilot Users conference and was more than impressed with the company, presentations and capabilities. Based on the conference I would give everything a 5 star and once we get fully on board with the program might feel that way about the application as well but based upon our current experience rated it as above.

Pros

A cloud software solution tailor made for the landscaping industry. Leading edge technology with a constantly improving platform.

Cons

Not the most intuitive program.

Failed promises

False promises sums up SA. They a company break almost once a day week and always seems to be when you need to call them. And every time you do call them they are condescending like nothing could ever be wrong or incorrect about SA.

Pros

Hard to find what I like about it now. Every feature I liked in 2014 is either not completed or half way working

Cons

Without writing a book. SA is full of broken features that never get finished and they move on to the next shiny buzzword like 'Automation'. Reports have to be the 2nd worst of the software, my excel is better. #1 is invoicing. If a customer pays a partial amount to an invoice I can't apply that amount only a full amount. So when the customer applies the remainder. I create another invoice for that amount, and applied the previous amount to the original invoice that I lowered to show it was paid. etc etc

I switched from a different scheduling software to Service Autopilot.

I can track almost everything about my business in Service Autopilot.

Pros

I like that I don't need different software to handle different functions. Service Autopilot handles almost everything. Employee time clock, GPS, scheduling, CRM, estimates, job communications, automations and more.

Cons

It can become expensive as mobile users are added. It can be difficult to learn because it is complex. Once you understand the system, it is not difficult to use.

Amazing! It has completely streamlined our company's processes.

Pros

The ability to communicate seamlessly between the job site and the office through job notes. It makes customer communication so easy and efficient!

Cons

Nothing! The staff is extremely responsive and always quick to troubleshoot and help with any issues.

HOLY MOLY! Service Autopilot is an absolute GAME CHANGER!

I signed up 2 months ago and have been migrating out of 5!! other systems that I was using to do what SA does all in one. I am saving $500/month by consolidating into SA. That doesn't even start to value the headaches I've eliminated. The features are extremely robust. Basically, if you wished it did something, ask. It does. The customer service is out of this world. The user experience is very intuitive. And the fact that I found a bug and asked for it to be fixed and it was fixed in a few days blew me away. I feel like haven't even scratched the surface and I'm LOVING it!

Pros

ease of use intuitive user experience super flexible and allows you to have tons of separate screens open at one time and doesn't crash.

Cons

I would like more flexibility in dashboards for employee views. I would like more flexibility and detail for paying employees. But I may just not know how to do those things yet.

Highly Professional, Takes Getting Used

Coming from a sales background I found SA was ready to track everything that might be important to note about clients. I actually found there was too many fields so I only use about %40 of them. I have a small Lawn Maintenance Business. We do quarterly maintenance packages and 1 week, 2 week and 10 day mowing. I found SA's scheduling to be the best there is. I actually tried Jobber for a while but...

Awesome!!!

We have tried several other scheduling - billing software programs and none compared to what we get from SA.

Pros

Quick customer service. Easy to use. Integrates with QB.

Cons

Gets a little costly with several users.

Service Autopilot Review

Pros

We started using Service Autopilot December 2016 and it has streamlined our operations! Frees up so much time that we didn't have before and not sure why we waited so long to make the move. Routing capabilities, dispatch board, crew manangment, invoicing. Its a CRM that continues to get better. The best benefit... it has allowed us to focus more on the business so we can grow faster!

Cons

It took a little time to set up but that's really not an issue. For us, we waited to long to make the switch to SA.

Hands Down The Best

This is the ideal management software for a lawn service business.

Pros

Very essential for running a service based business. Highly functional and makes admin a breeze. I wouldnt go into the service business without it.

Cons

Cant really think of any cons. Maybe price but I can definitley justify the monthly cost for the upside in being more efficient. Its great

Service auto pilot

Pros

I really like the web based interface and the ability to work from virtually anywhere. It makes billing much easier since the workers clock in and out of jobs and invoices are generated automatically

Cons

Setting it up is very time consuming and tedious if not done exactly correct it a pain to figure out where something went wrong.

Service Autopilot has helped our company save time and money!!

Pros

Easy to navigate and look up customers. Customer support is awesome and readily available to help out at any time. If they don't know the answer they will return your call as soon as they find it out. Also have a lot of tutorial videos to help with software knowledge.

Cons

This product as so many features it literally takes months to figure out what all it can do. This isn't a true con but you don't know what you don't know.

Service Autopilot for Cory's Lawn Service

I have been with SA for about 6 months now and it has been a major improvement from what I was using. The mobile features alone have helped save time and energy in my service business. Some of the best customer service I have ever dealt with.

Pros

Mobile feature is amazing

Cons

difficult learning curve. They have videos to help, and one on one web cast session and group session to help, but mastering this could take some time.

great customer service interface

got us organized all in one and save time and time is money.

Pros

all in one great routing program easy to learn and transition from a desktop base to a cloud base. plus you can get access to your data anywhere with a WiFi and a data plan

Cons

the customer portal I think is a bit too expensive.

Excellent

I do not even know how we would be where we are with out Software like Service Auto Pilot. Thinking back 3 years ago before we had it, I cant even imagine doing it now with out SA.

Complete let down

No idea why some of these major bugs havent been worked out and why the current system hasnt been tweaked.

Pros

I like the estimate presentation, how customers can e-sign estimates, the forms feature except for all the glitchiness on the app

Cons

Software is over engineered. Help features skip a lot of info when going through the steps that I had to figure out myself. NOT user friendly at all. Almost impossible and extremely time consuming trying to teach this to office staff. Ive spent countless waisted hours trying to figure out why something in the system doesnt and if you dont do something the right way then its game over. Its actually...

One of the best out there

Service Autopilot is one of the better dispatch software out there. I own a home cleaning service and it works very well. The company is constantly upgrading and adding new features. The president runs his own entrepreneur's group in which feedback on SA is constant. Pros: From the moment you capture a lead, the software takes over from automating estimates, converting, scheduling, dispatching...

Lacking in features

Any time I have a question and need assistance, I have always been able to easily access customer support. The majority of their staff seem very knowledgeable regarding what the software is capable of doing.

Pros

Service Autopilot is relatively easy to use & does have the app feature that makes it even more easily accessed.

Cons

There are many features that have been changed with "upgrades" that have taken away from the product. There are also features that should be no-brainers as far as employee schedules that are just not available. The lack of features creates more work on the HR end of our business.

Good software

Pros

Dispatching, time clock, QB on line integration I hear is coming now, tracking when it use to work, affordable and for the most part easy to use

Cons

The app no longer gives GPS tracking of the employee or the location of their trucks, now when we download the app on the iPad it no longer requests to use the app location, this is a much needed feature for us and will probably cause to find new software as SA can't seem to give us an answer as to why this is no longer requesting their location, on our iPads that we have not reinstalled the app it still requests their location.

Buggy Program, Frustrated my clients on a regular, very detailed... gives for a hard learning curve.

I have been able to warn other lawn care providers to avoid it.

Pros

With enough time and learning you can do most things you would like on this program. Customer service is polite.

Cons

Buggy, client portal doesn't work with clients about 10% the time, overly complicated set up. I have used other programs like this and you are up and running in a few days. This is a great system for 2008 when it we released, but old and very clunky now. Not easy to use at all, but has most features you could want if you spend a few weeks learning it and go to the class on it. Customer Support is always kind but can't help you with linked programs; so, you may call 3 different companies to fix one problem. Value for the money... not worth it. Only use this program is they fix the glitches and you want to hire someone full time to do just this program. Just don't waste your money and time otherwise.

SA review

Pros

Estimates in service autopilot are very user friendly.

Cons

Working with it in the field it is very slow to load

Worth every penny!

Service Autopilot has freed up so much time and made us more efficient. We are definitely growing faster and making more money with SA.

Pros

very efficient and saves a ton of office work.

Cons

A bit of a learning curve but I would expect that with any new software, all positive from us!

American Classic Lawn Care Review

It's not going to be helpful if I don't provide at least some constructive criticism, but it's hard to do that as SAP is an awesome system. I worked as a customer service manger with both the Tappan Appliance Co and with Frigidaire and helped design requirements and test functionality of service finished goods and WMS systems over a period of 40 years. I lived using SAP, it was an awesome enterprise...

Cons

Thank you Chuck. We will miss having you as a member. Congratulations on your exit. Jonathan

Misleading product

It's been terrible lately.

Pros

I did like it at the beginning until you guys change the software flow of recording hours. I hated, and instead it help us, now its a burden that i cant get out quick enough.

Cons

You're not listening to what the problem is and not taking care of it, and only giving excuses.