Service Autopilot Reviews

Service Autopilot

Software for Lawn, Snow, Cleaning, and Landscaping Companies

Service Autopilot

Review Summary

Pros

Service Autopilot has been great for us, we are continually impressed with their customer service, training, and the benefits it has and is brining our company.

Ryan C.

Keith S.

I use all their features and each one does an amazing job of saving me time and helps me better serve my clients. The people are amazing, absolutely amazing.

Scott P.

Cons

You have to find a work around for everything you need to do. They are always offering upgrades and additional features, but there is basic functionality missing.

Tonya M.

That is just one example of the daily frustration with SA.

Scott M.

The snow plowing side of the software is completely different than the lawn side, which is very odd and requires learning 2 different ways of creating routes and dispatching crew etc.

Mike A.

Exceptional Software for any Business

It's saved us time in setting up our routes, estimates, jobs, remembering recurring jobs, basically any issues you are having with your business you will likely find a remedy with Service Autopilot.

Pros

This software has an entire arsenal of capabilities of the software compared to the cost. Its a small investment for a product that saves time and money in a ton of ways. We started with a program exclusively for lawncare which we were using to do all kinds of service work and it wasn't cutting it for us.

Cons

it takes an investment of your time in the beginning to figure out exactly what is going to work for you in terms of the features. If you don't use the support that SA offers it can be overwhelming. But take the time to invest in learning the software and it will work out in the end.

Working out soms kinks

This totally eliminates paper route sheets. Helps with end-of-month billing streamlining although not perfect.

Pros

Auto billing, tracking of jobs dispatched, dispatching jobs, APp for foreman works well, work tracking, time tracking are good

Cons

Has issues with QuickBooks sync, has some glitches when it comes to adding jobs in the field, very little mobile capability from an owner stand point

Do not purchase waste of time and money

Hello I started with service auto Piliot in March 2014. I had extremely high hopes and what they offer or said they offer I thought was exactly what was needed to run business. Wow was I wrong and they are a joke. I paid $108/ month for March April May. I cancelled end of May. Called Credit card company and disputing charges for fraud. They stated for fee a website they would build. I had info to...

Pros

No Data

Cons

No Data

From Jonathan (CEO & Co-Founder): We refunded 100% of Chris's money. Both myself and our team tried numerous times to reach Chris by phone & email to make this right. Chris is absolutely correct. The website we built for him was a complete joke. It was 100% our fault. An individual on our team (no longer with us) put zero effort in to it and called it a finished product. We did not charge for...

Well.....what can I say.

Without this company my life wouldn't be what it is today. Its truly made my business and my life easier in so many ways. I used to have thousands in collections, now in 2019....$0.00 Yep, nothing because we charge credit cards and an automation collects a new card when they get declined, by itself! While I am doing other things making money :) One more thing I want to mention is that anything that...

Pros

I love everything. I use all their features and each one does an amazing job of saving me time and helps me better serve my clients. 1. The people are amazing, absolutely amazing! 2. I charge ALL my clients by credit card and I get paid the NEXT DAY! I select all the invoices for the week and click charge cards, and done. Merchant fees are the lowest they have ever been. 3. Automations feature...

Cons

Psh just stop showing off you know? Sometimes it just gets old. Service Autopilot, you're like the guy at the gym with his shirt off asking everyone if his 12 pack abs make him look fat....come on. Your the best, no question but maybe release new features a little slower so you don't come off so intimidating. Dominate the competition? of course, humiliate them? You really shouldn't. How do you guys think you make all the other software companies feel? Have some compassion, show some humility! Sorry I went off like that but this has been bothering me for years and needed to get it off my chest...

Everything you can think of with more on the way!

This software is incredibly powerful! We are trying to get our money's worth out of it by utilizing more and more of the features, but there is so much more we can do with it that we're not doing. Customer support is incredible! I chatted with customer support about an issue (after waiting in queue for a whole 15 seconds), and a week later, I got a hand-written card in the mail thanking me for my patience...

Pros

Robust reporting allows me to see things like "revenue per lead source" and "actual time/budgeted time", job costing, payroll, sales commissions, lead conversion rates and much, much more. A seamless process that takes Lead to proposal to contract to job to invoice to payment to receipt of payment to thank-you note! Targeted marketing and targeted cross-selling with "Sales Campaigns". Mobile dispatch that allows for constant communication between office staff and technicians in the field. Asset management and tracking. Mobile signature and payment on invoices and proposals make quick sales and quick payment possible. AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Cons

A bit of a learning curve because of all the awesome features. There are videos that are incredibly helpful, they just take some time to get used to.

Service Autopilot will offer more than what you ever need

I've switched to SA from operating on paper notes and without much systems and trackable processes. Main reason opting for SA was Jonathan's track history of lawn care operations and software. But biggest selling point was his vision on an all automated platform. A very detailed price matrix and estimate templates plus the easy to navigate dispatch board are just two of the many features that have...

Pros

no jobs missed anymore marketing potential templates

Cons

No Data

Great Software Some Caveats

Overall a good software with some excellent people in the company. They just need to slow down enough to ensure transitions from other software is done accurately, focus on service and resolving known issues before adding more features. I would choose this software again.

Pros

- Automations (sending automated messages for marketing/collection etc.) - Automated arrival preferences (again, part of what they call Automations -Able to text clients from software - Setting up To Do's for employees - One report - Job Costing - has potential to make price increase easier to evaluate for under-performing accounts - Time saved entering leads

Cons

- Closed API - so make sure you want to own and be owned by this one software - Not able to get support on your schedule (wait for a call back which may happen when you can't take the call) - Fast growth and race to add features seems to have created a back log on issues - Can't open a client account right from the calendar - Issues with the Quickbooks Online synch - Scrolling through a client's receivables is wonky (you have to click to load more transactions)

A game changer for the service industry

Great company to work with, amazing customer service, and they are always working on devoloping new fetures with new techonlogy. Highly recomdended.

Pros

The system is very customizable. You can export all your data at any time and run excel reports if you choose to, however the internal reports are very detailed. This program will save any service business huge headaces by automating your service business. Service autopilot handles routing, invoicing, marketing, CRM and accouting seamlessly. It also handles large sales volumes efortlessly. As it runs on the cloud, it can be accessed from anywhere, anytime. Very happy with this program.

Cons

Be prepared to spend extra time setting up your account the way you like it. This is a huge plus, because you only have to do it once, and after that, you will get huge time savings.

The best solution on the market. period.

Pros

This program is the best thing to ever happen to my company. It is extremely user-friendly and incredibly efficient to use. The team at Service Autopilot have put major thought into creating a superior product, that actually automates many aspects of my business.

Cons

No Data

Thank you Matt! We're so glad we could help your business grow. The future holds many great things for both of our companies.

I switched from a different scheduling software to Service Autopilot.

I can track almost everything about my business in Service Autopilot.

Pros

I like that I don't need different software to handle different functions. Service Autopilot handles almost everything. Employee time clock, GPS, scheduling, CRM, estimates, job communications, automations and more.

Cons

It can become expensive as mobile users are added. It can be difficult to learn because it is complex. Once you understand the system, it is not difficult to use.

Service-Software Dominant Player

Service Autopilot has not just been another CRM to hold customer information and track sales. As a $5MM+ service company with a database of over 55k contacts and their related records, choosing the right software company to transition to was very critical. We had long outgrown our previous CRM and until Service Autopilot we had almost given up on finding a real solution that would fulfil our...

Pros

The fact that it seamlessly moves every activity of a lead from one phase to the next, from an incoming lead generated through an advertising campaign all the way through the sales process, follow-up, scheduling, invoicing, payment to re-marketing and upselling.

Cons

The reporting has admittedly been their weakness, but they have recently dedicated more resources to improving and adding reports as requested and needed.

Amazing Software

Started using this software 5 years ago when I created this new landscape, lawn maintenance and irrigation business. Wanted to have a solid foundation for scaling up and this was the perfect solution. Before this I used four other software programs and nothing even compares to the ease of use and multitude of features Service Autopilot offers. One great example is our irrigation winterizing...

Pros

Absolutely wonderful for repeat maintenance jobs and one time jobs. We never miss any billing because the employees only go to places on their mobile schedules.

Cons

It is a little cumbersome on large multi-day landscape projects. They do have a "Projects" option for these types of jobs. I even printed out the instructions on how to use it but it's not as easy and intuitive as the rest of the software.

SAP saved our company!

Our business is Lawnpro Grounds Maintenance, We have been with Service Auto Pilot since 2014. When we first came on with SAP I was a little worried about how this one program would fit our company needs. But after about 100 phone calls, 50 emails and many webinars, I can say first hand that without SAP, our company would not be where it is today. The team at SAP was very supportive and patient with any and all our questions. SAP have given us the system and tools to be able to run our company at its fullest. We have grown in numbers and grown ourselves in being more efficient. We depend on SAP so much you could quite possibly call them a business partner. We are truly grateful and recommend SAP to anyone.

Pros

All functions of SAP are exactly what you need to run your company efficiently. We absolutely love the Maps Pro for estimating our clients property. That alone saves us hours of work weekly.

Cons

There really is nothing that we don't like about SAP.

Working our way to a business that practically runs itself!

We had to 'jump right in" and start using Service Autopilot in May of 2012 after our old scheduling software crashed during the middle of our busiest season! The customer service department had us up and running in a few days and we were on our way to making schedules again. They helped us set up our entire company, build packages, and train us all at the same time, understanding that we were in...

Pros

No Data

Cons

No Data

Amazing Service Company Management Software!

Extremely customized and detailed client and employee management features. The dispatch boards and calendar views are amazing and offer flexibility.

Pros

Features! This software can literally do anything you need it to! I have tried just about every maid service software out there and Service AutoPilot is hands down the best one and offers the most customizability and different functions! Also the amount of reports you can run through SAP is unreal! You can easily get a snapshot of your business at your fingertips. I love it!

Cons

It does take some time and patience to learn and get everything set up. The positive is you can layer your learning to help the process be more smooth. The other positive with that is it takes time to fully learn and utilize all of the functions because it really does so much!

Such kind words! Thank you Ashley. We are extremely pleased that we could make such an impact on your business!

HANDS DOWN THE BEST SOFTWARE FOR ANY SERVICE RELATED BUSINESS!!

Before using SAP it seemed like it took hours on end to schedule and invoice my clients, then I was always forgetting about jobs that needed to be completed. After really learning how to use SAP and entering all the relevant information, SAP does 99% of the work for me! All I need to do is click a few buttons & SAP handles the rest. SAP has allowed me to devote more time into growing my business instead of doing the time consuming paperwork that used to take me forever. And I never miss any work or invoices. I HIGHLY recommend SAP for anyone in a service related business, it really does "Pay For Itself" in the amount of time it saves you every month!

Pros

Never have to worry about forgetting to schedule or invoice clients! Tracks anything from scheduling to "Job Costs."

Cons

Takes a little time to learn the system and enter in all your existing clients information correctly. But once you do this IMPORTANT step, its all gravy!

Awesome Product and Company!!!

I have been using Service Auto Pilot since November of 2012. Setting up Service Auto Pilot: We set this product up in the winter of 2013 and spent a few weeks doing this. I would highly recommend doing this in the off season. You have to be disciplined and watch the videos. Don't try to set up everything. Try it and use it. You will learn more using it and it is very easy to make changes as you...

Pros

No Data

Cons

No Data

The system is awesome. I originally signed up for the fertilizer dispatch feature but got a lot more

Help manage the growth and organize the jobs and employees.

Pros

During the winter a snow plow operator was accused of hitting a car in a parking lot. Since Service Autopilot has a time tracking feature when on the job, we where able to prove the time we where on the property and exposed that the manager was trying to pin the hit and run on us! Since they have cameras on the property and we demanded they show us and the car owner the time frame footage from when we where actually on the property. Bottom line they hired us just to pin the hit and run on us but since we had the power of Service Autopilot their plot to pin it on us failed.

Cons

Not really anything I can point out. It has the occasional glitch, but what powerful app/software doesn't.

Handles an unlimited amount of clients, jobs and employees.

I was first attracted to this company because they are very experienced in my line of work and do understand what we need from a very hands on point of view. There attitude toward customer service has taught me a lot about what it take to keep clients happy and coming back for more.

Pros

The dispatch board is laid out so you can customize the view you need of your work by client, status, resources assigned etc. It allows you to read notes and see pictures from the field in real time and correspond with your supervisors efficiently. The custom invoice templates are great and the fact that it syncs with Quick Books has reduced the time we spend billing customers. The Client screens allow us to keep track of every estimate, service and communication. Service Autopilot is capable of retain detailed info about each property and all job history. The training videos are great and the help staff is very polite and patient when you call with questions.

Cons

There is not much to dislike about Service Autopilot. It has been a little slow, but since it is cloud based software it could be my ISP or something else. They have made great improvements in this area.

Anyone in the market for a Lawn & Landscape Application must use this software!!!!!!!!

We are thrilled and love the software and its functionality. Most people don't understand the full capability of the software compared to the cost. Its very minimal money for alot of capability. We have personally gone through 4 other software programs in search of the right fit for us. SERVICE AUTOPILOT was it. From implementation to tech support we love our SA family.

Pros

Two way sync with Quickbooks, the batch credit card function, dispatching and great mobile app, pretty much everything.

Cons

I wish I could TEXT multiple people at one time, but its probably possible I just dont know how too.

Service Autopilot is a Godsend

Pros

Saves me 60 hours per month. No longer have to rely on spread sheets that take forever to update daily and weekly. Made it possible for us to expand; have hired two new employees serving 40 yards per day on average (60+ on Friday). Service Autopilot also provides extensive advice and coaching on how to expand our business. It is not cheap, but you get solid value for the money. We use credit cards to bill everyone and with SA we can bill everyone with one click, and since we have cash coming in daily, there are no issues with cash flow. We do the work, we get paid the same day or week.

Cons

Their computerized routing software is poor at best. For us, we do more than 20 stops per day in two crews, the SA routing software is a fail. Luckily, I had already learned how to route by using Road Warrior.

Service Autopilot Makes Crew Management A Breeze

We started using Service Autopilot in January 2016. Service Autopilot has been a wonderful tool for streamlining the maintenance aspects of our business from scheduling to billing. The integrated mapping service makes it a breeze to modify existing routes. Scheduling changes are accomplished with just a few clicks. I love the budgeted vs actual job hours feature as it allows us to see which jobs and...

Pros

Dispatching Crew Management Mobile Reporting

Cons

No Data

Too many issues

We were very excited to get started with a package that is seemed like it would be a powerful tool to reduce our office work. It has reduced our office work but I am not sure that it has done so more than another service would have. SA required us to modify the way we interact with our clients because of errors in the SA database. Every communication we send from SA has to be tested 2-3 times. For...

Pros

There are lots of intended features. The vision for the software includes the ability to do many powerful things. Automations is a great way to reduce the burden on office staff.

Cons

There are too many problems. We have reported literally hundreds of issues that are still not resolved. The customer service staff make a ticket but nothing ever gets fixed. On a daily basis we have dozens of things we have to check because SA does not consistently record information correctly or consistently records it incorrectly. There does not seem to be a quality control team at SA. Recently they attempted to have very hyped up live broadcast about some new features being released and even that failed to work correctly. I just found it humorous that SA consistently fails at ensuring a quality experience for their users and this proved my point.

If you have a few hundred customers, expect to spend 10-15 hours per week correcting its mistakes.

Much easier than using a spreadsheet and hand inputting info into invoices and estimates.

Pros

The estimate, invoice templates and customization for letters is awesome. Other companies need to take a look at making easily customizable forms for invoicing and estimates. The software is excellent for emailing detailed estimates and letters. Converting leads/estimates into active customers is very simple. The pricing matrix conversions (size or piece per job into prices) is extraordinarily well done. Honestly, the software setup shows a ton of promise. I believe it could easily be the best out there if they would fix the basics listed below.

Cons

They do not have the basics down. Payments that are applied to balances are constantly unassociating from accounts. I spend 10-15 hours per week rechecking this error which causes serious billing problems and has cost me customers. Payment check boxes also tend to dissociate every once in a while. I spend another several hours per week on routing because single accounts cannot be pulled. If I...

This program breaks down over time

BEWARE!!!!!! I own a lawn and tree fertilizing company. I have used this software for the past 3 years. We were extremely pleased with Service Auto Pilot for the first 2 years. It worked great and helped us tremendously with getting the business organized and up & running. Unfortunately over the past year I feel the software has done the complete opposite. With the constant updates there is some serious...

Pros

I loved its ease of use and how easy it was to teach my workers how to use it. It also has tons of extras that really come in handy when it comes to managing all aspects of business

Cons

I hate that it imploded on itself after using it for multiple years.