Service Autopilot Logo

Suggested alternatives

jobber
kickserv
servicetitan

I use all their features and each one does an amazing job of saving me time and helps me better serve my clients. The people are amazing, absolutely amazing.
Service Autopilot has been great for us, we are continually impressed with their customer service, training, and the benefits it has and is brining our company.
With many customizable options it is suitable for large scale companies to any small service company. Truly a great asset to have on your side.
The potential for making mistakes in scheduling jobs is high. These user mistakes can lead to jobs simply disappearing, or unable to be found.
The system has slowed to a crawl; very frustrating. Reporting is difficult to use.
In fact, their latest release, V3, is a disaster. The interface is unforgivingly bewildering.

PM

Pamela M.

Working our way to a business that practically runs itself!

We had to 'jump right in" and start using Service Autopilot in May of 2012 after our old scheduling software crashed during the middle of our busiest season! The customer service department had us up and running in a few days and we were on our way to making schedules again. They helped us set up our entire company, build packages, and train us all at the same time, understanding that we were in...

RR

Rudi R.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Service Autopilot will offer more than what you ever need

I've switched to SA from operating on paper notes and without much systems and trackable processes. Main reason opting for SA was Jonathan's track history of lawn care operations and software. But biggest selling point was his vision on an all automated platform. A very detailed price matrix and estimate templates plus the easy to navigate dispatch board are just two of the many features that have...

Pros

no jobs missed anymore marketing potential templates

SA

Scot A.

1-10 employees

If you have a few hundred customers, expect to spend 10-15 hours per week correcting its mistakes.

Much easier than using a spreadsheet and hand inputting info into invoices and estimates.

Pros

The estimate, invoice templates and customization for letters is awesome. Other companies need to take a look at making easily customizable forms for invoicing and estimates. The software is excellent for emailing detailed estimates and letters. Converting leads/estimates into active customers is very simple. The pricing matrix conversions (size or piece per job into prices) is extraordinarily well done. Honestly, the software setup shows a ton of promise. I believe it could easily be the best out there if they would fix the basics listed below.

Cons

They do not have the basics down. Payments that are applied to balances are constantly unassociating from accounts. I spend 10-15 hours per week rechecking this error which causes serious billing problems and has cost me customers. Payment check boxes also tend to dissociate every once in a while. I spend another several hours per week on routing because single accounts cannot be pulled. If I...

RD

Ryan D.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Software is deep with many capabilities

Overall I love the software and can't imagine running my business without it.

Pros

This software can do so many things. I still haven't explored every possible thing it can do and I'm up on a year using it. For me the automations that it offers are a game changer. It also makes routing and scheduling so much easier and more efficient than software's I have used in the past.

Cons

I don't think this software is the right fit for everyone. If you are a smaller company like just a few guys or a crew or two on the road a day it's probably unnecessary but for medium to larger companies its a great fit. Sometimes the software can get glitchy here and there. Lastly its not super user friendly and takes a little time to get used to everyone. Once you do it is great though and feels easy to use.

Hi Ryan, thank you kindly for your feedback and testimonial! Should you need assistance with any of our features, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support team. We're happy to help. Thank you for being a part of the SA family!

AH

Ashley H.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Amazing Service Company Management Software!

Extremely customized and detailed client and employee management features. The dispatch boards and calendar views are amazing and offer flexibility.

Pros

Features! This software can literally do anything you need it to! I have tried just about every maid service software out there and Service AutoPilot is hands down the best one and offers the most customizability and different functions! Also the amount of reports you can run through SAP is unreal! You can easily get a snapshot of your business at your fingertips. I love it!

Cons

It does take some time and patience to learn and get everything set up. The positive is you can layer your learning to help the process be more smooth. The other positive with that is it takes time to fully learn and utilize all of the functions because it really does so much!

Such kind words! Thank you Ashley. We are extremely pleased that we could make such an impact on your business!

Like using a buggy version of AOL from 1990

Frustrating. Kept giving them more breaks and they kept apologizing for all the errors - saying they were hiring more product, engineers and QA folks. Never happened. Site is a disaster.

Pros

Automations were the attraction. They also have a very nice and easy to use dispatch board.

Cons

Over the past year they have gone through three acqusitions and each time they have bumped the price, removed features and attempted to launch a new version of the platform. Well, 18 months into it, the new version still isn't up and the old version is neglected. Every update they make comes filled with bugs and removing really important features. Then an email from the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]...

AS

Aaron S.

Awesome Product and Company!!!

I have been using Service Auto Pilot since November of 2012. Setting up Service Auto Pilot: We set this product up in the winter of 2013 and spent a few weeks doing this. I would highly recommend doing this in the off season. You have to be disciplined and watch the videos. Don't try to set up everything. Try it and use it. You will learn more using it and it is very easy to make changes as you...

WW

Walter W.

Customizable Service Management Catch-All

It was a challenge getting everything set up, due to so many different processes in need of consideration and thought, but if you put in the time and take advantage of the training sessions and/or help available via Google & Youtube, you will not regret choosing this software.

Pros

What I like most about this sofftware is that you can literally build your OWN service management tool. Service Autopilot is the most customizable software I've come across that has just about everything you can imagine you'll need to run a service-based business that services large numbers of customers.

Cons

This software definitely has a fairly steep learning curve and the training sessions are a little pricey, but it is absolutely worth the time, effort and money.

LF

Lexie F.

SAP saved our company!

Our business is Lawnpro Grounds Maintenance, We have been with Service Auto Pilot since 2014. When we first came on with SAP I was a little worried about how this one program would fit our company needs. But after about 100 phone calls, 50 emails and many webinars, I can say first hand that without SAP, our company would not be where it is today. The team at SAP was very supportive and patient with any and all our questions. SAP have given us the system and tools to be able to run our company at its fullest. We have grown in numbers and grown ourselves in being more efficient. We depend on SAP so much you could quite possibly call them a business partner. We are truly grateful and recommend SAP to anyone.

Pros

All functions of SAP are exactly what you need to run your company efficiently. We absolutely love the Maps Pro for estimating our clients property. That alone saves us hours of work weekly.

Cons

There really is nothing that we don't like about SAP.

NG

Nick G.

Facilities Services, 1-10 employees

HANDS DOWN THE BEST SOFTWARE FOR ANY SERVICE RELATED BUSINESS!!

Before using SAP it seemed like it took hours on end to schedule and invoice my clients, then I was always forgetting about jobs that needed to be completed. After really learning how to use SAP and entering all the relevant information, SAP does 99% of the work for me! All I need to do is click a few buttons & SAP handles the rest. SAP has allowed me to devote more time into growing my business instead of doing the time consuming paperwork that used to take me forever. And I never miss any work or invoices. I HIGHLY recommend SAP for anyone in a service related business, it really does "Pay For Itself" in the amount of time it saves you every month!

Pros

Never have to worry about forgetting to schedule or invoice clients! Tracks anything from scheduling to "Job Costs."

Cons

Takes a little time to learn the system and enter in all your existing clients information correctly. But once you do this IMPORTANT step, its all gravy!

TI

Topher I.

Facilities Services, 1-10 employees

Do NOT sign up, Service Autopilot is criminal.

Online sign-up was easy. We tried the software out for several months, and don't have any particular complaints about the product itself. We ultimately decided to end our subscription due to it not being a good fit for our company at the time. Canceling was immensely frustrating. There's no way to end your subscription either in-app or online; you have to call-in to customer service, which we did....

Pros

Cons

Canceling was immensely frustrating. There's no way to end your subscription either in-app or online; you have to call-in to customer service, which we did. By the way, the "click-to-subscribe, call to cancel" subscription model is illegal according to the FTC.

Hi Topher, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We have shared your experience with the proper department. Please let us know if you need assistance with anything. We are happy to help!

JM

Jesse M.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

After almost 5 years calling it quits

We started using this in 2015. Many of the features that were rolled out since are not useable by us, or are too expensive for the value. Known bugs have not been worked out, such as the 5+ year problem with download XLS files on a Mac. The biggest problem is that the mobile app hasn't been restructured in the time we have used it. Even in 2015, the mobile app was nearly unusable, and it really...

Pros

Full set of features, complex customizations, good form builder; complex scheduling; great customer service;

Cons

Poor execution of good features; atrocious mobile app; buggy interface; slow loading interface; downloaded xls reports don't work with OSX or iOS; style sheets look 20 years old; frustrating to work with in the field ; Service Autopilot is partially owned by a payments company that does not have a competitive fee structure for small companies.

MA

Mike A.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Great ideas and features, too many issues

After submitting a solid dozen or so "Trouble tickets" for them to look into "Fixing" issues.... nothing ever comes of them. Its become quite the joke. It gets old. They are always pushing new features, in order to up the amount they can charge. They are fairly expensive compared to many others, but I was willing to pay whatever I needed to, in order to run an efficient company. With all of the issues they have, they fall flat. Oh, and they are upping their prices again in 2 months. I can't even justify the thousands I pay them already per year! So we are changing companies. Hopefully we will have better luck this go around.

Pros

Feature packed, routing, assigning jobs to crews, client data etc

Cons

Theres too many to count. Its become a joke around the office. The software is glitchy, and after 3 years of using it, we continue to find issue after issue. Payments that were entered somehow vanished, basic things such as being able to search for payments or other data is sometimes lacking as well. They seem to be in a HUGE rush to push the latest NEW FEATURE, that they never get any of the old features solidified. The snow plowing side of the software is completely different than the lawn side, which is very odd and requires learning 2 different ways of creating routes and dispatching crew etc.

MP

Mike P.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Failed promises

False promises sums up SA. They a company break almost once a day week and always seems to be when you need to call them. And every time you do call them they are condescending like nothing could ever be wrong or incorrect about SA.

Pros

Hard to find what I like about it now. Every feature I liked in 2014 is either not completed or half way working

Cons

Without writing a book. SA is full of broken features that never get finished and they move on to the next shiny buzzword like 'Automation'. Reports have to be the 2nd worst of the software, my excel is better. #1 is invoicing. If a customer pays a partial amount to an invoice I can't apply that amount only a full amount. So when the customer applies the remainder. I create another invoice for that amount, and applied the previous amount to the original invoice that I lowered to show it was paid. etc etc

FZ

Freddy Z.

Construction, 1-10 employees

The system is awesome. I originally signed up for the fertilizer dispatch feature but got a lot more

Help manage the growth and organize the jobs and employees.

Pros

During the winter a snow plow operator was accused of hitting a car in a parking lot. Since Service Autopilot has a time tracking feature when on the job, we where able to prove the time we where on the property and exposed that the manager was trying to pin the hit and run on us! Since they have cameras on the property and we demanded they show us and the car owner the time frame footage from when we where actually on the property. Bottom line they hired us just to pin the hit and run on us but since we had the power of Service Autopilot their plot to pin it on us failed.

Cons

Not really anything I can point out. It has the occasional glitch, but what powerful app/software doesn't.

TG

Thomas G.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Complete let down

No idea why some of these major bugs havent been worked out and why the current system hasnt been tweaked.

Pros

I like the estimate presentation, how customers can e-sign estimates, the forms feature except for all the glitchiness on the app

Cons

Software is over engineered. Help features skip a lot of info when going through the steps that I had to figure out myself. NOT user friendly at all. Almost impossible and extremely time consuming trying to teach this to office staff. Ive spent countless waisted hours trying to figure out why something in the system doesnt and if you dont do something the right way then its game over. Its actually...

BC

Brent C.

We could not manage nearly 4000 full service clients without it!

I recommend Service Autopilot.

Pros

1. Excellent Customer Service - almost always answer the phone live when we call. 2. CRM with To Do, Call, Touchpoint, Email tracking is huge because we manage 100's of calls per day and have over 30 users. 3. SA has the most advanced scheduling. This is critical because we perform over 800 services per day. 4. Mobile & Accessible from anywhere - part of our company works from the office, part...

Cons

1. Need more reports. Reports are good but we need a custom report generator. We've been told it is coming next year. 2. Need chemical tracking. We've heard it's coming at the end of this year (2012). 3. We need the system to integrate with our phone system. 4. We were one of the very first users so we had some issues in the very beginning. They fixed all of them. But because we were one of the first several years ago we probably spent more time getting started than most companies do.

CT

Carl T.

Good software

Pros

Dispatching, time clock, QB on line integration I hear is coming now, tracking when it use to work, affordable and for the most part easy to use

Cons

The app no longer gives GPS tracking of the employee or the location of their trucks, now when we download the app on the iPad it no longer requests to use the app location, this is a much needed feature for us and will probably cause to find new software as SA can't seem to give us an answer as to why this is no longer requesting their location, on our iPads that we have not reinstalled the app it still requests their location.

PL

Percy L.

11-50 employees

Anyone in the market for a Lawn & Landscape Application must use this software!!!!!!!!

We are thrilled and love the software and its functionality. Most people don't understand the full capability of the software compared to the cost. Its very minimal money for alot of capability. We have personally gone through 4 other software programs in search of the right fit for us. SERVICE AUTOPILOT was it. From implementation to tech support we love our SA family.

Pros

Two way sync with Quickbooks, the batch credit card function, dispatching and great mobile app, pretty much everything.

Cons

I wish I could TEXT multiple people at one time, but its probably possible I just dont know how too.

JG

Jill G.

Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

Excellent for The Lawn Care industry

The customer service has been excellent they really help you out to work through your needs.

Pros

This software addresses so many needs we had and many we didn’t even know we had! Making our client lists and their needs so cohesive in a multi- service company.

Cons

There are a few draw backs in certain functionalities but usually easy to overcome!

KC

Kevin C.

1-10 employees

The software that saved our business and took us to the next level

We just began using Service Autopilot at the beginning of the year and I must say as a small business owner IT HAS SAVED US. We went through absolute chaos this spring, literally doubling in size within only 2 months and quadrupling by the end of Summer. Without the ability of having everything so well organized and automated with this software I honestly don't think it would have been possible to...

Pros

The ability to schedule, route, track, invoice, and bill

Cons

Sometimes the mobile app acts funny

MS

Marvin S.

Great Software!

Service Autopilot has been an amazing timesaver for me. Before I started using the Service Autopilot program, I would spend 2-3 hours a night setting up my routes for my crews. Once I got set up with Service Autopilot, it cut down on my time tremendously! I was able to cut my time down to around 5-10 minutes a day, just checking over my routes. I would HIGHLY recommend Service Autopilot to anyone in the service industry!!!

Pros

Tremendous time saver

Cons

Takes a little while to get set up

JW

James W.

11-50 employees

Amazing Software and Company!

Service Autopilot is Awesome! I can't imagine using any other software for my business. It does so much for us I don't even know where to start! They are amazing people that actually care about you and your company, and the software just keeps getting better and better!

Pros

It is a complete CRM that ties everything together for you!

Cons

I wish it had been created sooner!

EH

Eric H.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 1-10 employees

Outstanding software solution for entrepreneurs!

Outstanding!

Pros

Saves me money and saves me having to hire staff! So much AUTOMATION!

Cons

Nothing! I love it all and would recommend it to others!

Eric, thank you for the amazing testimonial! We are honored to have you on our corner.

BE

Barron E.

Highly Professional, Takes Getting Used

Coming from a sales background I found SA was ready to track everything that might be important to note about clients. I actually found there was too many fields so I only use about %40 of them. I have a small Lawn Maintenance Business. We do quarterly maintenance packages and 1 week, 2 week and 10 day mowing. I found SA's scheduling to be the best there is. I actually tried Jobber for a while but...