SiteDocs Logo
SiteDocs

Cloud based digital workplace safety and compliance solution

visit website

SiteDocs Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.6/10

Reviews by rating

Great company, customer service is amazing, that's why I have stuck with them and not looked around for a competitor price, if you find great customer service with a company you stick with it.
There is no doubt that the adoption of Site Docs into our OHMS has made us a more proactive company with respect to Safety and has helped encourage a much better safety culture among our employees.
I was always having problems getting the crew to fill out paperwork as consistently as was expected.
Our biggest struggle with SiteDocs is training new employees on its use.
The system should be able to get rid of unwanted or unused forms.

RV

Ron V.

Construction Manager

Construction, 51-200 employees

Hugely User Friendly for Tradesmen!

Transcript

Ron: Hello, my name is Ron. I'm a construction manager for a plumbing company. Our size is approximately...

AT

An T.

HSE Manager

Renewables & Environment, 201-500 employees

Great HSEQ mobile app solution

Transcript

An T.: Hi, I'm An. I'm Quality, Health & Safety Manager in renewable industry, and our five to five rating...

DD

Dakota D.

Construction, 10,001+ employees

Simple and Easy

I've been extremely pleased with this program! It has saved me tons of time on spreadsheets and training.

Pros

This software make it extremely easy to manage and review your compliance of EHS, QUALITY, and more!

Cons

I can't think of any cons, the company does a great job at implementing new features that continue to make it Better, and Better!

DG

Dan G.

Great app for Jobsite Safety

Sitedocs allows us to efficiently manage all aspects of our safety program while being able to improve our program by easily creating new forms for our continously growing company. From jobsite hazard assessments, trucking safety inspection logs, machinery and tool inspections and accident investigations. The ability I have to pull up daily reports done by our field workers and share instantaneously to the general contractor safety team puts us at a great advantage.

Pros

Extremely easy to use, intuitive and flexible! Allows me to have more employees participate in safety. Paperless !!! No only paperless but information/reports is instantly in the right hands. Before sitedocs I had daily JHAs from 10 different sites downtown toronto eventually make their way back to the office to late, soaked, unlegible or hours of me driving around collecting forms, scanning and emailing to appropriate parties; just to then ultimately file away forever. Sitedocs Simplified the safety manager role and all other roles in the company

Cons

Features seem to always be added/ improved. Noth really i don't like. Was asking for a notification feature for a while but that is now implemented with 2020 chat. Maybe a built in QR code type upload for All employees safety certificates

Thanks for your review! A member of our Support Team will be in touch shortly to find out more about your QR Code suggestion!

AT

AN T.

Renewables & Environment, 201-500 employees

Great HSEQ mobile app solution

Pros

- Functionality - Easy to use - Mobile app runs without connectivity

Cons

One level of site locations. SiteDocs is unable to create multi-level of location for big company (i.e. USA/CANADA, provinces/states, sites/projects)

BB

Brad B.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Easy as it gets without someone else doing it for you

Pros

Ease of Use!!! Easy to train users, easy to create forms, easy to use app or on browser, easy to read reports directed where you want.

Cons

Area of improvement is that you need to go completely back into forms when you switch between apps on your device

KK

Kim K.

Great Product!

Overall, site docs is well designed and very functional.

Pros

-The Product can be adapted for almost anything. -The customer service is fast and helpful. -Love the audit feature!

Cons

The hardest has been buy in from employees and management to adapt to a new way.

JS

Jodi S.

Construction, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great value with simple rollout

We love the product our tracking of inspections and reporting has improved 100% and when you need to find something that happened on a certain day it is very easy to filter out and find exactly what you were looking for. The other thing the information is very to share.

Pros

I like this product the best because it was easy to roll out to the field. The operators in the field get to have say in the forms we created making these documents theirs. Then they take owner ship.

Cons

When we first got SiteDocs it was being set up trial and error to see what worked best for our company and now all the forms are still visible. I would like it if there was a feature to archive old forms that will never be used again. The same with employees if you make a mistake setting up and employee they are forever there.

DS

Daniel S.

Utilities, 501-1,000 employees

My SiteDocs Overview

Their Customer Service it the best in ANY industry. Call them up with ANY question and they take the time to walk you through a solution.

Pros

It is infinitely customizable. If you already have a safety program on paper that works for you, you can recreate it online and it's easy for the layman to use. Other programs make you learn "their way" of managing safety. SiteDocs allows you to do it "your way".

Cons

Because it is so customizable, you'll need some "lead time" to create all of the forms that you want to learn. This isn't difficult but it does take time. I wish they allowed you to duplicate a form you have already created and modify it, then rename it. This would save time but is not something they currently offer.

SB

Scott B.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 201-500 employees

Great product, even better service!

Pros

Incident reporting and Analytics would be the most beneficial part for us! To be able to track and analyze the incidents in our large facility has been great for reducing and risk mitigation. I would also like to commend how great the customer service team is. They always go above and beyond to support!

Cons

It depends on the industry you are in and the settings you use but at times there are situations that arise that can be difficult to appeal to all. For example, when an incident report is signed it is emailed to those you specify. Sometimes those emails can be cumbersome but again depends on the industry, size of organization etc.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 employees

Feedback

Overall experience has been good. Took a while to understand the system if new to SiteDocs, but once you get the hang of it, is an excellent tool.

Pros

SiteDocs is a one stop shop for maintaining all records of the employees. Once on Site Docs, you do not need to maintain a hard copy or an electronic copy. Always looking at ways to improve and make it more user friendly. Can access documents on SiteDocs and download to share to others. Easy to set up certification types and enter information

Cons

Not all certificates stored have an expiry date, but the expiry date field is a mandatory field. Would be good if that date is left as optional so that we do not have to enter a fictitious expiry date.

JK

Jeff K.

Use and function

Documentation control and a lot less paper for the field to try and control.

Pros

The program is very user friendly, from the labours on site to the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] of the company, easy to customize your forms and change forms on the fly. SiteDocs supplies great customer support and listen to your suggestions.

Cons

would like to see a Notification that is not the complete incident form or near miss form, that give like a draft or summary that goes to the executive team.

Thank you so much for your response! A member of our Support Team will be contacting you soon to chat more about your hopes for notifications.

TL

Tina L.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Excellent Software for Safety documentation.

Experience has been excellent.

Pros

I liked that this software is very easy to use. Setting up workers and locations is very easy. Doing reports online and having it emailed directly is an excellent feature.

Cons

The cons are only features not currently available but hopefully will be in the future. There are several features we would like to see with SiteDocs. Notifying management with forms not completed would a very good thing to have for safety and compliance. I get asked often - Can a report be emailed me with workers that have not completed their covid-19 screening. This can't be done with a flip of a finger and this is now being requested in the industry.

Thanks so much for your review! A member of our Support Team will be in touch shortly.

BJ

Bryan J.

Utilities, 11-50 employees

Paper free Safety, Compliance & administration for the 21st Can turn

excellent 10/10

Pros

Ability to insert real time photos in toolbox / safety meetings. Ability to share documents easily over the internet - no more leaving an important document in the office.

Cons

Can crash when inputting multiple photos.

CP

Chris P.

Absolutely wonderful software experience

Pros

I love having the ability to build my own forms the way I want them. Before purchasing SiteDocs, I look at just about all of SiteDocs competitors and they didn't have "build your own forms", but they did try and convince me that it's better to have them build my forms for me so that it would save me time. Yeah right, having someone else build what I envision would only take more of my time and cause...

Cons

The only thing I could say I like least about SiteDocs software is not having the ability to use a windows tablet in regards to filling out forms. Is this really a problem, no, I am an electronics junkie as my wife says and I'm wanting to try and windows tablet even though I know I wouldn't like it. In all fairness to SiteDocs, I really can't think of anything I dislike about their software platform.

Thanks Chris! A Windows version is currently in the planning stage with our development team! We'll keep you posted when we have a expected timeline for release.

LP

Lauren P.

Construction, 11-50 employees

SiteDocs Review from Stevens & Black Electrical Contractors Ltd.

SiteDocs keeps us COR compliant. SiteDocs makes it easy to update forms and to manage ongoing changes in the industry.

Pros

The initial integration process with SiteDocs was very easy. We were able to use and deploy the program within a month to our Field users. The certification report is great for managing employee training. The charts and analytics are instrumental in weekly reviews with Management and are also used for review by our Joint Health & Safety Council. Lastly, SiteDocs helps our company stay COR compliant, which is the backbone of our Occupational Health & Safety Management System.

Cons

An option for improvement could be; linking "fails" or "flagged items" with an email notification. I find I have to continuously have the program open and check submissions. Also certain reports that are generated from the field; Accident Report/Incident Report/First Aid Log would be great to be flagged by an email to create a sense of urgency.

AM

Alan M.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Small to medium sized company utilizing SiteDocs

The support is top notch and the support videos that are posted are well thought out and helpful. Love the new analytics section. Overall I am extremely satisfied and recommend it.

Pros

Its simple to utilize from both an administrators point of view and as a worker, adaptable to our needs as we grow or are faced with new challenges and we can use the new analytics to identify who is or is not utilizing/ completing the required actions. Resource section allows us to have various information like trade certifications, product updates and our H&S information as well as SDS information at our workers finger tips for ease of reference.

Cons

There are small issues I would love to see resolved. The way that corrective actions are completed , that it is a completely new screen page and that as I review the daily inspections, it does not bring to my attention the fact that a corrective action has been completed or is needed. You are required to click on a new page and within the actual inspection, you are required to click on a new link. The corrective action is however there its just not in my or the workers face and that's what I would like to see changed.

JA

Janet A.

Farming, 11-50 employees

Fantastic, user-friendly software

We've been using this program for 3yrs and we are very grateful for it. It's been invaluable during our COR audit for proof of documentation and the customer service has been phenomenal! They're always just a phone call away. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has helped us immensely and even helped with training for our staff to learn the app. He's been incredible!

Pros

This program is truly a time saver! It's simple to use, and saves the hassle of employees filling out paper forms (and getting lost before the papers find their way into the office!) All forms, inspections, and incidents can be recorded electronically to give all staff access at all times, and admin can set privacy for confidential forms. So user friendly and intuitive for staff as safety compliance becomes as simple as using an app on a smartphone!

Cons

As the administrator, I'd like to be able to copy / duplicate forms when creating new forms. It would be beneficial for creating very similar forms without having to start a new form from scratch.

CH

Carly H.

Why we love SiteDocs

SiteDocs has helped us solve our issue of having multiple sites all over Ontario. Collecting and tracking paperwork was a nightmare before. With SiteDocs we can see the paperwork come in through our InBox daily, so if anything is missing we are able to get a message out in-day to the Supervisor, rather than wait for a week to go by.

Pros

We like how user friendly the software is. Most of our employees that download the program don't require any training. The forms are so easy to complete. The ability to customize our forms at a moments notice is great too! If someone onsite requests something be added, it can be done in minutes. The entire software system is so practical and customize-able, if you can think of a form or report you would like generated, then you can figure out a way to make it happen, or ask the friendly support staff for their assistance.

Cons

When we first started with SiteDocs I used to get frustrated that my personal screen view settings in the Admin panel never saved day-to-day ( for example: to view 50 of 50 items instead of 10 of 50 items). Having to click next page takes a lot longer than scrolling. The SiteDocs support team was quick to respond to the complaint and said they were working on a fix, which they did and we have been scrolling ever since!

MC

Mark C.

Chemicals, 1,001-5,000 employees

Mark Coppicus Comments

The personnel that are providing support are excellent.We have had little or no issues with the system once up and running.Very good overall satisfaction.

Pros

Ease of use for employee.Ease of having our forms customized and new forms set up by Site Docs personnel.Resourcing setup process.Support for setup and use.

Cons

Extra charge for analytics this feature should be standard.No system to alert personnel when training is expiring, should send a notification to the employee of the training that is about to lapse.

KS

Karl S.

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

Overall Review

Gone are the days of having to scan and categorize paper documents, with receiving the digital copies this allows more time spend on important tasks.

Pros

We appreciate the ability to create and modify custom forms easily. Allowing certain personal to receive e-mail notification that a form has been completed is essential to keeping on top of safety related items. The flag and follow up function is essential for assigning and making sure deficiencies found on our sites are corrected.

Cons

We do find some compatibility issues with the software and the Samsung S10. Every once in a while we have to re-load the SiteDocs App.

Thanks for your review! A member of our Support Team will be in touch shortly to learn more about what you are seeing with the Samsung S10

MB

Mike B.

Construction, 51-200 employees

So much easier than paper!

It's been a game changer for our safety program. Any issues/questions I've had have been resolved/answered by SiteDoc's great customer support line. It is a permanent part of our program.

Pros

SiteDocs saves me hours of trying to track down documentation, scanning forms into the computer and sending them to the General Contractor. With SiteDocs, all of our safety documentation is uploaded upon completion, saved to a safety folder, and sent as an email to the General contractor. I can track inspection checklists, hot work permits, training completion, pre-task plans, and all other safety documents/forms. I can track them by form, by jobsite, by employee, or by date. The Safety Monitor Report lets me see all completed forms at a glance.

Cons

Our employees move between jobsites/locations pretty frequently. Some of the features of SiteDocs are designed to work most effectively when employees are assigned to one location.

BM

Bella M.

Simpler might be better

I had trouble navigating through the program and even after finding what I was looking for or needed to do, I constantly had to help others to navigate their way through the program, which ended up in people deciding to rather avoid using the program and going back to old-school paperwork.

Pros

The look of SiteDocs is very professional. The program has numerous features which is designed to make your life easier when out in the field.

Cons

Even though the product has so many needed features, the user friendliness is lacking. Unless you undergo in-depth training of the program and all its features, you might end up not utilizing the program to its full extend.

DJ

Dimitrios Jimmy S.

cover your bases

overall it has been a great experience.

Pros

allows our company to communicate information needed on site with our workers, and to see if everything that needs to be completed is being completed without having to visit every site in order to review paperwork.

Cons

i wish there was a way to allocate site specific information PDF's to a site, such hazmat reports, call before you dig, site specific safe work procedures and others. so when a site opens their app to complete paperwork they can also review the above mentioned.

BG

Brian G.

Ecstatic about SiteDocs

Pros

Instant communication and the mobility forms can be done anywhere and we can have access to them as well.

Cons

Would like it if SiteDocs would integrate with Vivid Training. Notification process once you flag an item and assigned to someone

SP

Sadie P.

Great for Tracking and Very User Friendly

Pros

Our crew uses SiteDocs everyday, and we have found it to be extremely helpful for tracking information and forms for our different jobs. It is very easy to access from remote locations, and it's simple to keep the records in the app, as well as exporting them to our files in our computer systems. Being able to attach pictures to our reports has proven very useful for our QA and for work tracking. Our whole crew loves not having to fill out actual paper work and having to manage stacks of papers all the time. It's also super easy to teach new employees how to use it because it is so simply and user friendly.

Cons

I wish we didn't have to create a whole new form when we go to revise a form. It would be nice to be able to delete or make revisions without developing clutter of signed forms we no longer need.

RS

Richard S.

Maritime, 51-200 employees

Essential OHS Management System tool

Since adopting SiteDocs into our daily working routine we have developed an OHS Management System that has been certified as COR-compliant and, most importantly, has improved our overall Health and Safety Stats tremendously. I am convinced that our attention to hazard identification and risk assessment has improved greatly and, as a result, our employees are far more safety conscious when performing their duties.

Pros

We are a relatively small business in terms of both the number of employees and the range of skill sets when it comes to running and managing management systems. When we decided to apply for COR certification we knew we would need help in running and managing the system that is required. In SiteDocs we found a solution that does most of the grunt work for us and lets our employees get on with their work while providing them with all the OHMS tools that they need to help them be safe and the company needs to help provide evidence of compliance.

Cons

The reporting system for recording issues and the need for any corrective/preventive action is very good but the manner in which employees are assigned to deal with those actions could be better if it included an alert that went directly to their mobile phone.