SiteDocs Reviews

SiteDocs

Cloud based digital workplace safety and compliance solution

4.81/5 (102 reviews)

Pros
  • The new analytics is totally amazing and i believe will be the best part of Sitedocs. Re certification dating is totally the best where it forewarns us of the requirement to update.David S.Read the full review
  • Going paperless with SiteDocs has been amazing. We not only save time, but we also bring more visibility to our safety program.Chris P.Read the full review
  • Overall experience has been good. Took a while to understand the system if new to SiteDocs, but once you get the hang of it, is an excellent tool.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
Cons
  • The dashboard has an emergency locations nearby option that uses Google to find the nearest emergency location by category that I wish I could either turn off or customize the location.Angela S.Read the full review
  • I was always having problems getting the crew to fill out paperwork as consistently as was expected.Patrick A.Read the full review
  • With SiteDocs we can see the paperwork come in through our InBox daily, so if anything is missing we are able to get a message out in-day to the Supervisor, rather than wait for a week to go by.Carly H.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Chris Pressnell

Absolutely wonderful software experience

Reviewed 2017-10-11

Pros
I love having the ability to build my own forms the way I want them. Before purchasing SiteDocs, I look at just about all of SiteDocs competitors and they didn't have "build your own forms", but they did try and convince me that it's better to have them build my forms for me so that it would save me time. Yeah right, having someone else build what I envision would only take more of my time and cause a lot of back-and-forth trying to get the forms right. SiteDocs has a form builder module that is super easy to use and you have the ability to build any kind of form you can dream up. Customer support is amazing and they respond very quickly. I had asked for a certain feature they didn't have and I was told they would work on implementing it. Not only did they build this feature and over deliver, I was able to talk directly with their design team and provide my input. It really feels good that a company would listen to my ideas, let alone implement them too. You can easily see in their software platform that SiteDocs is definitely not one of those companies that just throws something out there to see what sticks. There are a ton of other companies out there that could learn a lot from SiteDocs. Awesome job SiteDocs team!!!!!

Cons
The only thing I could say I like least about SiteDocs software is not having the ability to use a windows tablet in regards to filling out forms. Is this really a problem, no, I am an electronics junkie as my wife says and I'm wanting to try and windows tablet even though I know I wouldn't like it. In all fairness to SiteDocs, I really can't think of anything I dislike about their software platform.

Response from SiteDocs

Thanks Chris! A Windows version is currently in the planning stage with our development team! We'll keep you posted when we have a expected timeline for release.

Courtney Eilers

Staying on top of your Safety Needs

Reviewed 2020-01-21

My 1st experience with Sitedocs was when I had to jump into the roll of doing our annual audit. Everything was easy to use with the search bar. I was instantly impressed and so excited to move forward with this app for our needs to keep up with the demands of what is needed from us. The customer support is amazing and always ready to help you out, and suggest easier ways to make life easier for us. You can control so much as an administrator and if you are the controller and need to do the audits for your company, you will want to use this program. It helps with staying compliant with safety and regulations needs. You can see where things can get better and where your supervisors are aligning with the safety world also, with user friendly app for them on site.

Pros
SiteDocs keeps things easy and ready to use for the employees on site. There is many protocols and mandatory documentation that is needed for our industry and using this software makes it easy. It helps with the supervisors to use this, and easy for me to see what the guys are needing from an administration and safety officer view also. Good communication and easy to read documents for the user and reader.

Cons
When creating some new forms, wish it was easier to switch up the new lines or move them around. Just have to make sure I have it created as a rough draft 1st, then create it online.

Kim Kornelsen

Great Product!

Reviewed 2020-03-27

Overall, site docs is well designed and very functional.

Pros
-The Product can be adapted for almost anything. -The customer service is fast and helpful. -Love the audit feature!

Cons
The hardest has been buy in from employees and management to adapt to a new way.

Hal Morgan

Safety at the fingertips of each employee

Reviewed 2020-01-27

To start - I got rid of two filing cabinets in my office, no onsite storage of documents, and no further archiving. As a Safety Manager I can view the issues on each site every day, and take action without having to visit each site every day. Having three business units working hundreds of miles apart this is an imperative.

Pros
This software enables me to create, edit, and distribute forms and program information across our entire company within minutes. Adjustments to components of the program can happen real-time in the field when it counts. The Analytics suite helps managers keep their fingers on the pulse of safety activities on-site everyday.

Cons
Some (very little) things need to be a little more flexible.

Zohair Hasan Lateef

Good application for field use in construction. Can generate reports for job.

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-09-26

Pros
Very helpful tool for the Construction superintendents/foremen and construction safety managers. Daily safety reports can be produced and published using site docs like JHA (Job Hazard analysis). Fabrication drawings can be marked on field for issues and comments. The reports created in Site docs can be shared with the project team.

Cons
Its has good application in the AEC industry but it cannot handle the entire documentation control process like plangrid and procore. Its not as expensive as procore and plangrid, which can be used for projects smaller in size.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Jeremy Bergthorson

10/10 for Site Docs

Reviewed 2019-12-20

This year I altered and created a few forms so that onsite employees take less time to complete the daily paperwork but at the same time the documentation meets and exceeds the requirements onsite so that employees document safety issues, and we now have 100% compliance with our workers filling out documentation.

Pros
The thing I like most is how easy it is to filter documents and print them for our yearly COR safety audit. We can alter forms easily to ensure that when a form is completed it meets and exceeds safety compliance. Sharing paperwork with our general contractors is very easy as well and saves me a lot of time, its as easy as adding an email address to the job file to share the documentation and they receive the specific completed forms automatically.

Cons
I find that when using my PC it can be a little slow, but is not slow enough that I would call it a problem and it could just be my internet connection.

Konstantin Diachenko

Digital assistant which never lose paperwork

Reviewed 2019-12-17

Very resourceful software. Maintains an optimum balance between being functional and user-friendly.

Pros
I work with the construction company which primarily niche projects in remote areas such as fly-in first nations communities and arctic. It would be impossible (or extremely demanding) for our site supervisors to perform reports on paper keep them safe, send to the head office. Inconvenient to work with hard copies. Site Docs does it automatically. Moreover, the software allows me to customize report forms that serve better for our way of working. Using i-pad instead of paper looks more professional for our workers and they respect our Health and Safety program more. Allows include our subcontractors into the project and receive their forms via auto-sharing.

Cons
Statistic section (fancy diagrams) costs extra or looks limited. Sometimes filters do not filter subcontractors' forms and they pop up when I don't want them.

Anonymous

Feedback

Reviewed 2019-08-18

Pros
SiteDocs is a one stop shop for maintaining all records of the employees. Once on Site Docs, you do not need to maintain a hard copy or an electronic copy. Always looking at ways to improve and make it more user friendly. Can access documents on SiteDocs and download to share to others. Easy to set up certification types and enter information

Cons
Not all certificates stored have an expiry date, but the expiry date field is a mandatory field. Would be good if that date is left as optional so that we do not have to enter a fictitious expiry date.

Frank Misale

Great Product

Reviewed 2020-03-30

Using SiteDocs has been very helpful in providing needed documentation for our mandatory safety programs. It has also been instrumental in providing a platform for our Safety communication and training programs.

Pros
The use of SiteDocs has had a big impact on day-to-day safety awareness. With Safety Data Sheets being right on hand, and easy access to toolbox talks, safety awareness has been enhanced. The program is easy to use, and even though initially the major applications were for Construction, the program is easily adaptable to the Manufacturing environment.

Cons
If I had to list one drawback, it would be that initially, there must be a large investment in data entry time. Once our information was entered into SiteDocs, it became an amazing tool to have information at our fingertips.

Jason Shuttleworth

Great for CoR

Reviewed 2020-02-18

Document control

Pros
I love the fact that all of my site safety documents are all in one location making extremely easy for auditing purposes, also the ability to review documents daily from my desk is absolutely amazing. I'm able to ensuring that the proper paperwork is being filled out by the appropriate team members on site, on time and not when they see my pickup truck driving on to the site.

Cons
Would like to see a statistics and records review section without having to purchase a second application

Angela Schellenberg

Safety Program Management Simplified

Reviewed 2019-09-10

The SiteDocs team has been wonderful to work with. They walked me through the setup and implementation process. They also patiently helped me with any issues I was having and have been receptive to features that I feel would be beneficial to users. The response time has been almost immediate on all support requests.

Pros
The app is really user friendly so it we were quickly able to gain adoption by our crew in the field. The software is highly customizable, easy to create your own forms, and upload resources. We now have our entire safety program by chapter as a reference document, SDS sheets, safety meeting topics, safety forms, training records, and other reference documents all easily available to our SiteDocs users on their mobile devices. Several of our sites are remote so a huge advantage is that the forms and safety meetings can still be completed without an internet connection and then uploaded when they have a signal so it eliminates excuses for safety items not being completed on all sites.

Cons
I do have a couple of minor issues with the software that could be improved. The dashboard has an emergency locations nearby option that uses Google to find the nearest emergency location by category that I wish I could either turn off or customize the location. Often the locations shown are for an animal hospital or a provider that is not part of our worker's compensation medical provider network so it can cause some confusion. I also wish that resources could be tied to a location to be able to cut down on data that is downloaded for all users, but only needed by a few users. It also would be great if the software allowed you to have a notification send to users to remind them of a specific item that needs to be completed like a specific safety meeting topic that needs to be completed or a new document that has been added to resources.

David Shumka

Totally wonderful

Reviewed 2019-07-31

Our overall experience with Sitedocs is absolutely great. It has improved the way we do things, our Company now depends on this information when dealing with requests from clients. It has given us an edge on the competition in that it has shown us ways to improve safety which resulted in extra jobs, and this has amounted to lower WCB premiums. I absolutely believe that if you took Sitedocs away form us now, it would cripple us like dismembering a left arm. We simply do not want to be without it, especially now with the addition of Analytics, which makes it unbelievable and so fitting to our business. I cannot emphasize the benefits of this program high enough with just these words, i would recommend to anyone to try it learn it just a bit, and see it for yourself the benefits of everything it has to offer.

Pros
Ease of use by everyone using this system, so easy to find whatever is needed, we really like the legal aspect of the reports, in that once signed, they are forever kept and will stand up to legal requests which we have proven beneficial. the new analytics is totally amazing and i believe will be the best part of Sitedocs. Re certification dating is totally the best where it forewarns us of the requirement to update. This is excellent.

Cons
The only thing that we cannot get our head around is the flag and follow, i now understand if every worker on site had access to solicited then it would work well, but we only have our supervisors that have access to site-docs so it does not fit for us. The other missing element is the ability to have equipment listed either by certification or some other way so that the dating can come up for a re-certification. For example, we have fuel tanks that need re-certification regularly. There is no place to do this other than name the tank like a worker and then add the certification which then Sitedocs keeps track of the dating. Also in the certification process we can only add on photo, in most certifications we need to have up to 3 photos to be attached to the certification which would make this absolutely great.

Brett Tipper

A good usable system for both management and staff. Simple and professional

Reviewed 2017-10-11

Streamline safety documents all in one system.Great communication tool

Pros
We have used a couple of these systems in the past. Some of these portal /app systems can be a little difficult in the field for our workers to find and manage. Site docs is simple to explain to new workers and have found our guys have embraced it an it is actually being used the way it should.Signing on to all documents anywhere any time is extremely useful.Many times a person might need to be added to our SWMS /procedures etc at short notice. Simple to add a non employee have him sign and it is back at the office in minutes App works well on any phone or tablet. Covers 95% of our needs with hope future update expected to complete the system for us. Also have found the support extremely helpful and response time to any questions fast and informative. Generally a good company/program. I cant see us using anything else in the near future.

Cons
1.Loading the certifications for the employees can only be done as a Jpeg ATM .This makes it difficult to load multiple pages Needs the ability to load PDF's. 2.It is missing the ability to have plant and equipment certifications,tagging & calibration and expiry dates loaded (The same as employee certifications would be great). Currently we have to load plant &equipment as employees to use the alert when due functions.This is a function most companies would need I believe. We are told this is in productions both these items and have got around it for now. Otherwise 95% perfect for us.

Response from SiteDocs

Thanks for your review Brett, we are certainly working on supporting PDF files for Certifications in the near future. We'll make sure to let you know when it's available.

Erin Brooks

Great Service

Reviewed 2019-10-28

Pros
Site docs is a program that is very user friendly and can be easily used by everyone. The features are great as the downloadable app makes it very convenient and easy to access anywhere. Being able to upload employee training certifications for site viewing is great and keeps everything organized nicely. I really like the form builder as you can customize to your preferences and create exactly what you want and need with ease. Generating reports using site docs is easy and convenient saves a lot of time. I recommend Site Docs to anyone who wants to keep health and safety at their finger tips.

Cons
If I have to make an improvement on the site it would be to have email notifications when training certifications are due to expire.

Response from SiteDocs

Hi Erin,
Thanks so much for the review! We're delighted you're finding so much value and convenience with SiteDocs. And thank you, too, for the recommendation!
Just wanted to let you know that receiving email notifications for expiring certs is absolutely possible. One of our Support Team members will reach out to you today to show you how to set this up.
All the best!
Stephanie

Carly Huibers

Why we love SiteDocs

Reviewed 2019-06-03

SiteDocs has helped us solve our issue of having multiple sites all over Ontario. Collecting and tracking paperwork was a nightmare before. With SiteDocs we can see the paperwork come in through our InBox daily, so if anything is missing we are able to get a message out in-day to the Supervisor, rather than wait for a week to go by.

Pros
We like how user friendly the software is. Most of our employees that download the program don't require any training. The forms are so easy to complete. The ability to customize our forms at a moments notice is great too! If someone onsite requests something be added, it can be done in minutes. The entire software system is so practical and customize-able, if you can think of a form or report you would like generated, then you can figure out a way to make it happen, or ask the friendly support staff for their assistance.

Cons
When we first started with SiteDocs I used to get frustrated that my personal screen view settings in the Admin panel never saved day-to-day ( for example: to view 50 of 50 items instead of 10 of 50 items). Having to click next page takes a lot longer than scrolling. The SiteDocs support team was quick to respond to the complaint and said they were working on a fix, which they did and we have been scrolling ever since!

Kim Ziegler

Highly Recommend!

Reviewed 2019-11-26

We no longer have to deal with sorting through and documenting the piles of daily paperwork. I can just sign into the admin panel and pull up whatever report I need to see any deficiencies that need to be addressed. The setup was quick, it's simple to build almost any kind of form and easy to track the forms. The app users find it quick and easy to complete the forms and worker accountability has skyrocketed. Also, the SiteDocs support team is very fast, friendly and knowledgeable so I don't have a long wait if I need assistance.

Pros
What I like most about this software is that it is extremely user-friendly for both within the app as well as from the administrative panel. This, in turn, has been extremely time-saving and cost-saving. I can build a form to track any required safety stats and the workers find the forms extremely easy to navigate and complete.

Cons
I can't think of anything negative at all to say about this software.

Pat Boehlig

SiteDocs in Companies that are COR Certified

Reviewed 2018-10-12

Before we had SiteDocs the paperwork was huge, so many hours spent scanning and entering documents. With SiteDocs the paperwork aspect has been reduced significantly, saving both time and money spent on all the paper and ink. This has also eliminated the "lost paperwork". Customer Service is amazing. Whenever I have run into an issue, I receive an email within minutes of emailing or calling and the support staff get back to me within a day or so with a solution.

Pros
This software was very easy to maneuver in both from the administrator role and the user out in the field. It is great to have all the safety information such as MSDS, WSH Act & Regulations, Toolbox Talks, etc. at each employees fingertips. Because the app is so readily available on employee phones, they have been much better at filling out forms required for the COR audits/certification requirements.

Cons
I would like to see the app have a reminder for regular users. Example: One shop guy does a complete check on all the vehicles once a week. I would like to see a reminder pop up on his phone if he hasn't completed the inspections by a certain day of the week.

Jennifer Kotowich

This system makes filling out safety forms easy and accessible for the workers!

Reviewed 2019-07-31

The amount of safety forms that are being filled out daily, has increased 10 fold, as this program is available on our iPads, and the employees' cell phones. It is so accessible to everyone, that there is no excuse not to use it. Its great for me, as a Health & safety Admin to get workers and crew members to use it, as there are no complications or hurdles to operate it.

Pros
The ease of use and straightforwardness of the system makes filling out safety forms easy to do daily. It is more accessible to the workers, so they are more prone to filling them out. It helps make our safety program better for current and future employees.

Cons
Maybe the fact that its hard to remove rights once you assign them.

Kelcie Hiebert

Seamless Safety Program

Reviewed 2019-09-24

Our company is no longer wasting time handing in or picking up safety forms, which cost us time in labor. Every time we do a safety audit it is much faster. I can see that an incident happened the day they fill out the form, rather than weeks later whenever they dropped off the form.

Pros
Easy to create and use forms. I can keep track of all safety documents Safety audits are less stressful as everything is in one place. I can easily change which employees have access to certain parts of the app. The new (beta) website for filling out forms is something I've waited a long time for, it is exactly what I needed. Support staff is quick at getting back to you and is always friendly and helpful

Cons
Honestly nothing. We've had very few technical issues and they have all been sorted out quickly with the help of the support staff member assigned to our company.

Kevin Boyce

Fantastic Product

Reviewed 2019-09-03

The overall experience with SiteDocs has been fantastic.

Pros
There are many pros to using SiteDocs. Prior to using the software we struggled with form completion and being able to monitor what forms were being completed on a daily basis. Since we have implemented the use of SiteDocs I can immediately see what forms are being completed by our Superintendents. I can honestly say it has contributed to an positive increase in our overall Health & Safety culture. A VERY EASY PRODUCT TO USE.

Cons
I don't think that I can say there is any "cons" regarding the software. If there is something that a user might want to see changed or added they can call SiteDocs and the SiteDocs team will take your input and see if they can facilitate the changes or if there is another way to accomplish what you are looking for.

Daniel Reid

Easiest and most efficient Safety program

Reviewed 2019-07-02

This App helped us Get COR certification, with the ease of storing all documents, filing appropriately, and having charts and Analytics to back it up.

Pros
Ease of transition from whatever safety program you are currently running. Can be used on any smart phone or tablet. Field staff have minimal issues getting used to using the product. I can make, edit or customise forms immediately as the administrator to suit any type of work or situation in the field. This App keeps all records easily attainable, and has charts and analytics to back check your field crews participation. Customer support is very fast to respond, and very helpful. They are always updating the App with user suggestions and corrections.

Cons
Only issue I have found is not being able to permanently delete a worker, location or form. This should be an added feature to be able to either set Inactive, or permanently delete.

Tanis French

Faster, Better, Easier

Reviewed 2020-02-03

If all of my workers would just use it more, I would have 0 complaints. This solves so many problems related to safety. I am working with my people to identify corrective actions during inspections, and then to assign and sign off that they are completed. This will better demonstrate our commitment to safety by doing our preventative maintenance. Also we will find more problems if we do more inspections!

Pros
I really like that all the reports are in real time and can be changed to show revisions. It is awesome that there is no paper to file and it is easier to search for stuff!

Cons
I wish that you could add tables with check boxes into the forms. I like the drop downs, but it is nice to be able to see them all at once. Also wish you could link forms together: For Example - to show that you reviewed an SDS before working with a product and attach that to your daily safety meeting.

Terry Didluck

Very easy to implement and maintain a Health and Safety Program with SiteDocs

Reviewed 2017-10-12

It is a dynamic tool that is constantly changing to fit the needs of clients. The SiteDocs management team encourages feedback from clients and folks in the different industries that are either users of the program or HSE subject matter experts.

Pros
The ease of use and building of company specific forms along with employees willingness to use the forms. Senior Management, Supervisors and Workers alike love the idea of having the entire Health and Safety program at their fingertips. The ease of auditing to measure success with key performance indicators and the auto-populated charts for trend analysis that is included with SiteDocs is a huge time saver. The simplicity of the program is very appealing to our's and any industry. Anyone can learn how to use the program in a very short time.

Brian Gafford

Ecstatic about SiteDocs

Reviewed 2019-08-12

Pros
Instant communication and the mobility forms can be done anywhere and we can have access to them as well.

Cons
Would like it if SiteDocs would integrate with Vivid Training. Notification process once you flag an item and assigned to someone

Richard Smith

Great Help!

Reviewed 2019-06-04

We have made the decision to adopt a Health and Safety System that is compliant with COR requirements at our BC operations. The adoption of the SiteDocs software has been a massive help to us in working towards the record keeping requirements of such a system. I don't know what we would have done without it.

Pros
Ease of installation, set-up and initial learning curve. Quick response time from the support group.

Cons
Could be a bit more customizable but I have noticed that improvements are being made on a regular basis.