SkedPal Reviews

Aaron T.

I really love that it will schedule things for me--this helps to keep me from getting distracted and work on what's important. I really like the integration with my existing Google calendar.

Kevin G.

Lisa B.

Cons

Sometimes when I’m entering several project tasks in a row the text I enter disappears and that’s frustrating.

Lisa B.

Matt B.

It's quite difficult to set up the application.

Life-saver. It do your own schedule! No need for an executive assistant anymore!

Overall experience : love it. I recommend this app for anyone managing multiple projects and have a complicated schedule to manage. It does a very good job. No need for executive assistant anymore...

Pros

It make your own schedule based on urgency and deadline of each tasks. The timeboxing method make it very clear to know what to do and when doing it. It basically remove the burden of deciding how to organize the day, it's already done! It's also very practical to have a fast overview of your time to decide if we can get more on the plate or if we are fully loaded.

Cons

The learning curve may be a little long. You will not be fully efficient with this software before 1-2 months because there is so much parameter you need to get used to. No quick add widget on mobile app + only the inbox got a dedicated email adress.

SkedPal: Takes care of scheduling your tasks so you can remain focused

SkedPal helps me stay on track and have a better understanding of what my schedule is. It allows me to have a clear view of how much work is on my plate when I discuss new projects with my manager, and more readily discuss timelines. It also lets me get my tasks and the work of scheduling them out of my head, so I can focus on what I'm doing instead of being distracted by that sort of administrative task.

Pros

Hands down my favorite feature is the intelligent time-blocking! I enter tasks with start and/or due dates, and give SkedPal access to see my calendar, as well as time maps for scheduling certain types or categories of work. SkedPal puts together a schedule for me and generates a calendar. Poof! I know what to do and when to do it. AND it tells me if I'm over-booking myself, or if I skip a task, it will reschedule it for me.

Cons

I'm a fan of multiple levels of sub-tasks, which isn't currently supported (though I believe there are future plans to better support sub-tasks). There are plenty of ways to work around this, but it isn't ideal. Also, right now SkedPal is primarily intended to help with the immediate needs and does not schedule more than 21 days out, which means I still need to keep more extended high level schedules elsewhere to manage long term project planning.

Best way to organize your to-do's

Great! It is the only to-do app that I have used consistently over a long period of time. Due to the calendar integration and intuitive prioritisation. Since it gives both a list based overview on top of scheduling to do's in your calendar, you really feel like you have full control over your to do's. It also really helps me think about whether something is necessary in the first place. I'm always a bit hesitant to embellish too much as it sounds unrealistic, but this software that has changed the way I think about my workday more than any other app, software or even book.

Pros

SkedPal really integrates with your calendar, and due to the ability to constantly reschedule is incredibly dyanmic. I have found it by far the best way to integrate my to do list in my day-to-day, and really saves a lot of thinking, planning and worry.

Cons

There are some small bugs, such as a flickering screen when switching between projects. It also does not feel so logical that you constantly have to press 'connect' and 'update schedule'. It might be nice if Skedpal could integrate even easier with your working hours as my workweek is very dynamic (updating the time maps week to week is a bit of a hassle, though doable)

A game changer!

I found Skedpal at a time when my client base was growing quickly and I desperately needed a more efficient alternative to a Trello board. Skedpal fulfilled needs I didn’t even know I had- like calendar syncing - and has made me so much more efficient at work.

Pros

What I like most about Skedpal is that it takes care of the schedule juggling for me and helps me stay realistic about my workload and stay on track on a day to day basis. As a freelancer, I juggle multiple client projects with different deadlines. Before I discovered Skedpal, I would spend a ton of time managing my schedule and sorting out priorities. Now, it’s a much smoother and less stressful process. It’s such a comfort knowing I have a “co-pilot” in Skedpal, ensuring I don’t miss anything important and helping me keep a clear head.

Cons

Sometimes when I’m entering several project tasks in a row the text I enter disappears and that’s frustrating!

A must have if you are wanting to get more out of your day

Very good customer support. The team at SkedPal are constantly looking at ways to improve the quality of their product. This is the best task management software I have found because it schedules your tasks straight into your calendar to ensure you 'get it done'.

Pros

The automatically scheduling of tasks around fixed appointments. The ability to reschedule your day instantly if a meeting goes over time or the unexpected pops up - all based on your priorities and deadlines.

Cons

The UI isn't particularly flashy. The intial setup and tweaking of 'time maps' can take a bit of time but once this is done, it is done.

Almost perfect

I think I can get more done in a day than I realistically can but when I put it in the calendar and see it visually I realize I can't get it all done and need to prioritize.

Pros

The calendar view with my to do list was something I had to have to do I could visually see my day and where I how many tasks I could realistically compete in a certain amount of time and that it integrates my calendar so I can schedule around my appointments.

Cons

I would like a way to easier see what items on my yo do list have already been scheduled on my calendar and which ones still need to be scheduled. Also would like it to be easier to see all my tasks in my inbox and the calendar at the same time and the ability to drag and drop. Right now you can only see your agenda for that day at the same time as your calendar.

My life-saver

I'm a very busy business owner / CEO / software developer / father. I struggled with task management for years to the point that the number of open tasks overwhelmed and blocked me mentally. I wanted to try time blocking and stumbled across SkedPal. I was actually very reluctant to try the app, as I didn't believe their concept could ever work. But I gave it a shot, and I was "converted" instantly! SkedPal has literally changed my life overnight. Now I can just throw all my tasks at it and feed it with my general preferences. SkedPal does all the rest. It is better than a personal assistant! I feel like I have more time than ever before. After years of struggling, I finally found my peace of mind!

Pros

- Super fast task entry with natural language parsing - GTD methodology included with focus view - Automatic re-scheduling of tasks after distractions or unexpected detours - Super flexible recurrence patterns - Problematic tasks are highlighted, no task can be left behind - Time maps enable perfect prioritization of tasks throughout the day according to personal preferences

Cons

There's really nothing negative about SkedPal. There are occasional connection drops after opening the laptop from standby. A quick app restart does the trick.

review - medical student perspective

Really beneficial for busy lifestyle!! I love it for my everydaylife and my student association involvment! Expensive, without a student fare, but worth it in

Pros

I really like the Intelligent calendar, the Hot list, the projects and the time maps! (A little bit more help with creating thses could be more available for the new users)

Cons

The fonction sequential has some difficulties, I would love to choose certain tasks in a project to be sequential and others not. The schedule could be longer dans 3 weeks in the future. With tasks taking a very long time, I saw that they are usually planned very very closed to the deadlines even if the start of the project is far away from it. There could be a student / non-for-profit price

Definitely recommend

Overall, my experience with Skedpal has been great. While there are some improvements I think they could make, I plan on using it for the foreseeable future.

Pros

Automated scheduling is such a huge timesaver/stress reliever. The time maps are useful for helping me budget my time and scheduling only at the times I want to work.

Cons

I wish there were more integrations. Skedpal is fantastic for day-to-day scheduling, put I find other apps more useful for larger project management and it would be great if I could connect the two. Also, having the ability to create recurring subtasks would be useful. When I've tried before a message pops up saying "Feature coming soon." Yet that feature has not been developed yet.

A Great Tool For Any Step Of The Process

I've found myself to enjoy both the use of the product and the benefit of an improved schedule.

Pros

I really like how Skedpal streamlines my workflow, allowing me to dump my tasks into a list, and the software will respond with a schedule. It has helped me stay more productive, successful, and timely!

Cons

I find the UI a bit clunky and slow, I dislike that blocks must be 30 minutes. I also dislike that nesting repeated tasks are not allowed. I'm looking forward to SP3 where these are improved.

Once you find the tool, you'll never want to be without again

SkedPal makes detailed level task planning feasible, it's that simple. I have not found another tool that can claim this, and really back it up. Everything else I've used over the years has not really solved the problem of actually scheduling for your whole life. It's a game changer. I do a lot of Project Management in my life, and I've even thought about recommending the tool to folks on the teams that I manage. these are the folks who get those 1-2 week tasks assigned to them. OK, the task is assigned, now how do they schedule it into their lives? That is the part that usually doesn't go well.

Pros

Having a tool that ACTUALLY helps you schedule, re-schedule, and better plan your tasks will change your life. I don't know of any other tools that do this for you to the extent that SkedPal does. It is not just a pretty "Task Manager" (like OmniFocus, etc.), it helps you take all of your million-billion tasks in your work and personal life and schedule them (based on task duration, deadlines, different Time Allocations, etc.) around the rest of your "appointments," even telling you what it cannot schedule them, and giving options to "triage" the situation.

Cons

In the Prior version (SkedPal2) there were a lot of minor bugs and some moderate ones, as well, but the concept was well worth it, and I was still a daily user. In SkedPal3, which I am helping to Beta Test now, the concept is really implemented well, and I don't foresee the same "bugginess." SP3 also adds quite a enhancements to the concepts, as well.

The best way to get your tasks done

Pros

SkedPal is a time blocking app that automatically schedules tasks in your todo list onto your calendar. This is a great way of turning a growing list of tasks, into a prioritised schedule to get them done. SkedPal does this by automatically taking each of the tasks in your todo lists and inserting it into the available time in your diary or calendar. SkedPal orders the scheduling of each task based...

Cons

SkedPal is able to import tasks items from your existing todo list or task manager app. But, this is a once-off action. SkedPal is a separate task management tool and you have to use it for all your tasks and projects for it to work. The result is that you may end up managing duplicate lists if you have an existing corporate tool that you use or share with your colleagues. I wish that SkedPal could integrate into Google Tasks, Microsoft To-Do, Apple Reminders, or any of the task management apps already in widespread use. The SkedPal desktop app also seems to have a problem with corporate firewalls... i.e. it does not work. This limits its utility within the corporate environment as syncs are often delayed.

A superb scheduler and the best combo of calendar+todo list for busy professionals

I procrastinate. No way around it. Am horrid about it. I know I shouldn't do it. But I still do it. And once I lose a chunk of time in the day, I can never get the day back because I dread having to look at a todo list and figure out what to do next, what to prioritise and what to discard from my day. That kills my day. But not with Skedpal. Even if I lose a chunk of my morning, I don't freak out and think I have wasted the day. I know Skedpal would have figured out what I should be doing and only look at that next task. That saves my day. Where previously I would lost the day and felt demotivated for the week, now I have a get out of jail card. And hats off to the team. The auto scheduling works like a charm once you figure out the right time blocks.

Pros

Hands down the best part of Skedpal is that it takes away the stress of having to deal with multiple incoming things in a working day. If you are in the middle of something and suddenly 3 different tasks like a meeting or a new project request pop up in your inbox, Skedpal has you covered. It's auto scheduling is the best in class and after a while it becomes second nature to let Skedpal take the heat....

Cons

The time tracking that was there in beta is now missing. With just some semblance of time tracking Skedpal would be a killer productivity tool.

Take the mental math out of scheduling

In conclusion, SkedPal is a great app and it solves scheduling _much_ better than any app I've ever tried – and I've tried every auto-scheduler on the market. If you have high complexity in your life, SkedPal can definitely help you. The developers are responsive, and I bet it's going to get much better in the coming months and years.

Pros

SkedPal is a great app for taking your priorities, dependencies, & urgencies and re-arranging them into a functioning schedule. Not only that, it can take your personal idiosyncrasies into account to get you the best schedule possible. So, what are the advantages of outsourcing this activity to software? In my day, two major things: 1. It saves time 2. It frees up your mind 3. It makes you more flexible For...

Cons

However, all is not perfect. Firstly, there is some learning curve. Their onboarding is decent, but there is room for improvement. Secondly, the interface is dated and the app is written in JavaFX, so it's slow, crashes on me once a week (but all is backed up) and is only accessible on computers where I've installed it. A web-app is in the works, and I'm looking forward to it! Third, data-entry is fast and good. But not great. Todoist does great natural-language-processing on tasks (think "Call mother at 10pm in 2 weeks" or "Wash clothes every 10 days"). SkedPal tries, but often fails, and it doesn't provide visual feedback when recognising dates.

Review of Skedpal autoscheduling software

It's really changed the way I schedule everything (particularly my business work) - it's made me more accurate at predicting what I can fit in to my schedule, and also given me a lot more confidence when taking on new work (or quoting for new work) as I can set up a dummy project and see how that will affect my future schedule. It's made my life a lot easier when my calendar changes at short notice (eg events added or cancelled) as instead of having to manually reschedule everything I can just press a button and within a few minutes have a newly scheduled calender.

Pros

It does things that I'm not able to do with other calendar/task management software (or at least I haven't found any other software like this yet). Before I started using Skedpal, I scheduled all my tasks/projects manually, and this took up quite a lot of my time as my fixed calendar schedule (eg meetings, events, etc) is constantly changing which affects everything else. I really like that I can put...

Cons

Overall it's a great piece of software - a few areas I'd like to see improved are to do with how small tasks (eg less than 30 minutes) are handled and scheduled (maybe it's just the way I'm using the software and haven't set the options up correctly though) - Skedpal groups together lots of small tasks (eg several 5 minute tasks) into a single task called 'Small tasks', but this often has small tasks...

Great product, using it everyday, but still isn't replacing my other calendar/task apps.

- Ability to store all your tasks and activities in a single app - While not limiting yourself to one tool - SkedPal appreciates your calendar events. - Automatic re-scheduling! When you have a packed schedule and skip or delay a task, re-scheduling by hand is the worst. - Decent mobile app, great desktop app.

Pros

Automatic scheduling. There are apps that provide this option, but some lacks functionality and others are overly complicated. SkedPal manages to balance in what I think is a sweet spot. Gmail integration. Nowadays, it's essential for an app to sync/integrate with other services. SkedPal does a great job here. Mobile and desktop. Again, apps like Task managers should be available at many moment when idea or a task pops in. Special thanks to SkedPal's team to covering all bases Uncluttered clean design. For this is very important. Clean design is like a clean desk - it makes my experience with the app much more effective.

Cons

Proper time tracking. SkedPal allows entering time spent on a task, but at the moment this information isn't easy to see and track. I do think that planned time vs effort is a very important metrics that influences the priority of the tasks. Sometimes I really miss a bird's eye view of my tasks. True, I can use filters/backlog, but it's not the most intuitive method. I don't really understand the difference between focus and priority While I understand the limitations of time maps, sometimes weekly schedule for time maps isn't working at all. I.e. sometimes my Saturday becomes workday and SkedPal just skips it for "Working hours" activities. Again, I don't have a solution, but I guess Time Maps dialog should allow to plan a map beyond single week.

SkedPal has become an indispensable part of my weekly and daily planning

Decrease overwhelm. Decrease decision-fatigue. Know what´s the most important task to focus on at any given time. Ability to update these options at any moment when new events arise in my schedule.

Pros

Years ago I literally thought "if only somebody would create a software that would help me plan my days and weeks in a way that it takes into account my goals, projects, deadlines, current available time AND that can adapt the scheduling to the many changes that will inevitably arise in my day to day life." Well, it happened....SkedPal was create. I use it every single day and would be lost without...

Cons

It has a little bit of a learning curve and there are some basic concepts in time management that are worth learning in order to make better use of the software and make sure it is the most effective tool for you. But, honestly, it is worth it.

Adds speed and finds me extra time I didn't realize I had

Some tasks that were scheduled weeks out were automatically brought forward to my current day calendar when my schedule freed up. And got completed! Now that's adding speed to my schedule. Why wait when you can do it today what you're originally scheduled to do tomorrow or weeks or months out. Unless it's a boring or unimportant task. Then you have free time to yourself.

Pros

You only have 24 hours in a day. When you're seeking high levels of productivity from yourself, you need an Assistant who manages your schedule so that you're focused on the tasks and interactions you need to complete. But when you're an executive whose priorities change dynamically with competing priorities, then you need an Assistant who can rearrange your calendar to fit in the tasks, calls and...

Cons

I did not see anything I do not like in the tool, but one thing I'll point out -- in the beginning, you do need to get to know the tool + configure so you get the most out of it. So spend an hour or so setting up the tool to suit your preferences and it will reward you daily. Skedpal does make this process easier with some of their onboarding videos.

I love it!

I love it, I dump all my to do's in it and let it worry about when I should do it and now I don't have to!

Pros

This is the only tool that I know of (after lots of research) that will schedule tasks for me and update them if I don't complete them that same day, and it knows my availability and will break up larger tasks into smaller segments.

Cons

I think I would love it if it had more integrations with other tasks features like puting an item on "waiting" and prioritzing based on importance, but these are minor, I'm very happy with how it functions now. It would be cool to have a sleeker interface, more like ToDoist and rich formattng on the notes too.

Excellent tool for academics

In research, I have mostly self-directed days with occasional deadlines. There are hundreds of subtasks that are required in developing scientific methods, setting up experiments, compiling results and preparing publications. It is an immense challenge to prioritize tasks, and prevent non-essential (but interesting) subtasks from falling to the wayside. Skedpal takes care of these challenges for...

Pros

I purchased a skedpal account because it was the first organizer software I found that allowed me to translate my extensive personal to-do list into flexibly-scheduled tasks. It was fast to install and start using, was geared towards a single user, and it is a huge bonus that it is synchronized with google calendar. The "time maps" feature is essential, so that I can separate work days from weekends, and guarantee focus on different projects throughout the week.

Cons

It does not support task dependencies outside of linear dependency of subtasks. Ideally any task in my list would be able to depend on the completion of any other task.

A personal assistant in your pocket

Although SkedPal has a good number of practical uses, it’s been like a personal assistant to me. Need to schedule something while you’re on campus but not in class? Planning to complete a project by a specific due date in minimum time chunks of 1.5 hours? Need to make a grocery list, schedule a meeting, or finish an assignment? SkedPal does a fantastic job of prioritizing your tasks and automatically scheduling them for you. If you don’t mark a task as done during the time SkedPal allotted, then it will reschedule it for you! It functions as a personal assistant that you don’t have to pay $17.50/hr to maintain.

Pros

Skedpal’s best feature is it’s time maps, which allow you to dynamically reschedule your life with a single button press.

Cons

The only downside with SkedPal is that I am having a difficult time generating tasks automatically for items on my Google Calendar. E.g: my calendar feed will populate Google Calendar with items labeled “Homework 4- Differential Equations” and I would like to automatically generate a task under Homework with a duration of 4 hours.

SKEDPAL Takes To Do Lists to a Whole New Level

Pros

I have been using SKEDPAL for three years. SKEDPAL uses artificial intelligence to schedule tasks and projects. It takes tasks from separate folders (Home, Work, Hobby, etc.) from my to-do list and appointments from my calendar and intelligently schedules them based on time maps that I provide. It then exports the finished schedule back to my calendar. You would think that an application like this would be difficult to implement and learn but it's not. There's a lot of bang for the buck here in terms of amount of time spent learning versus what it can do. There are also apps for ios and android, so it supports mobile. I would strongly recommend SKEDPAL to anyone who is looking for the next level beyond a to-do list app.

Cons

There is nothing about this product that I find lacking.

SkedPal is what I've been dreaming about.

Using SkedPal is close to what I feel it would be like to have an assistant. There is a little learning curve but once you set your preferences, awesomeness ensues.

Pros

I have been searching for a tool, that I knew could exist with our current level of technology, to help me view and organize my commitments. After countless experimenting with other task/project management software, I have found SkedPal. I feel that weight has been removed from my shoulders. Because of the ingenious deployment of technology in SkedPal, I am now able to reclaim a lot of strength and...

Cons

In light of how useful this software has been to me in the short time I have been using it and due to the fact that I probably have not found all features yet, I have nothing to present here at this time. I am sure that a time will come when I can't do something I want to with SkedPal, but that time is not now. Whatever issue presents itself in the future would most likely be miniscule in comparison to SkedPal's overall usefulness to me.

Best planning & time-management I've used, by a country mile.

Having read [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] Getting Things Done years ago but failed miserably in implementing it, SkedPal is the first aid that's made me think I might, possibly, one day, manage to finally get my act together and achieve something approaching the level of efficiency. Don't underestimate what an achievement that is for the SkedPal team!

Pros

It's fuzzy logic works well, saving me spending an inordinate amount of time trying to re-plan when my tasks have (shock!) taken longer than I'd anticipated or not quite gone to plan.

Cons

The super-comprehensive way SkedPal works and the huge benefits it brings me mean it did take a bit of time to get my head around (maybe that's because my time management's is so crap!). However, this is more than outweighed not just by the benefits it brings, but by the support, which is first rate.

Almost Perfect

Overall, I’m very happy with the product and looking forward to what the next update holds. The value of scheduling everything and especially not having to personally reschedule stuff if something comes up but just trust the AI to do it, is invaluable. I just got quite sick for the last week and wasn’t able to get anything done so rather than having to spends hours rescheduling all my studying and writing my papers for the next couple of weeks, it only took me about 15 min to reschedule it all.

Pros

Obviously the auto scheduling is majorly important. With all my law school classes, preparing to take the Bar, and other personal responsibilities I’ve always been overwhelmed about knowing when I’ll actually have the time to do it so this has been very beneficial for me.

Cons

There are a few hiccups here and there (no plan your day on Mac, unable to access repeating settings on iPad or iPhone, etc.) but there aren’t any major drawbacks that I’ve encountered. I would maybe like it extended to 4-6 weeks of scheduling so I can better see how longer term projects are playing out.