Windward System Five

Cloud-based business management solution | ERP for your SMB

Windward System Five Reviews

Pros

I like how it is inventory control and accounting integrated into one system. The system has great abilities.

SW

Shantel W.

It truly has the ability to accommodate anything I want to do to operation my business more efficiently. System Five is a very user friendly product that is easy to learn and understand.

JS

Jason S.

Great customer service and great software. Can do pretty much everything you need for you business.

CB

Curt B.

Cons

When we have to call for tech support we have to talk to someone over seas and most of the time our connections are terrible. Hard to hear or understand and calls are dropped.

PC

Pat C.

Once live, it just got worse and worse. In hindsight, I should have listened to my gut in implementation, written the money invested off as a bad business decision and aborted.

ZW

Zoe W.

So much stress that my whole team went through only to end up worse off. Before we went live, in my gut I had doubts due to my experience with Windward staff in the lead up transition period.

ZW

Zoe W.

How would you rate Windward System Five?

Overall this software has a lot of capabilities that integrate easily into our company.

It saves me time. We used to run and inventory program, a bookkeeping program and an ecommerce program. It combined these 3 programs into one.

Pros

That it is easy to train our employees on. Great help videos! I really like their integrated ecommerce. It is nice to update one price in our system and to have that price automatically updated on our website.

Cons

Not so great for my outside sales staff. We run their WEAR program for our outside staff. It tends to have errors as it is similar to running just a backup version. I also wish that their ecommerce did not run in HTML only

Have been using Winward for 5 years and it is very frustrating.

Pros

Journals are easy to do same with cheques and we have a lot of control in that area. The support people always try to help and are very pleasant, but very often even they can't figure out how to fix something.

Cons

Very hard to delete stock or move it around, certain GL accounts we can't access, puts in transactions in the back ground that we don't about and screws up the Balance Sheet and difficult to delete a PO. In general it's difficult to delete anything except for cheques and journals which should be a little more protected.

Not the company they used to be

Tech support, unless you are down, may take days. Wasn't always that way. I used to praise them. I lost a feature to my program due to a bug problem....1 year later it is fixed but requires another upgrade to get it back. Worst thing I had to call to find out it was fixed even though I had an open support ticket for over a year

Pros

Very versatile, seemed to be the best for lawn and garden industry when I bought it over 10 years ago. Overall it works great.

Cons

Bug fixes can take months to fix and you could lose basic software features until next upgrade. 10 years ago it wasnt that way.

OK for inventory control - too loose for financial confidence so we use something else.

A platform to manage inventory and sales for 3 stores in different communities. We do not use it for more than that.

Pros

It's easy enough for my staff to run without a lot of training and I'm able to restrict their powers enough to prevent damage for the most part.

Cons

Too many work arounds required -- I know more than most of the front line support staff. Too many things happen that shouldn't be possible. It often works the opposite to what you expect or just doesn't work -- I find it's not intuitive on some major points -- never assume!

This is NOT a Rental Software

We were running a good rental software program when we were approached by a Windward Software salesman who convinced us that we should give Windward a try. The salesman made us all kinds of promises, which we found out later were not all true. For example: don't believe it if they tell you that they migrate your data, we ended up doing this all ourselves. On the surface, the Windward Program seemed...

Pros

This software would be a good inventory or p.o.s system

Cons

it's definitely not designed for a rental or accounting system

System 5

Over very satisfied with our purchase. we have been pushing the system hard and for the most part (other than speed) we are impressed with the system.

Pros

Easy integration the ease of use functionality

Cons

The software has been meeting all my needs, there has not been anything that we have wanted that the system does not do. There are not negatives other than the speed which has been an issue of late.

Some things are very easy to do, others are overly difficual

Pros

It was easy to learn the basic accounting functions that I use daily. I also like the ability to use the online support.

Cons

Trying to fix errors that crop up. Very hard. Don't like voiding a check and the void goes back to the date of issue. This throws off the financial statements. Can't run an inventory subledger with a cutoff date. Makes reconciling the subledger to the gl almost impossible. Support is all over the place, you either get someone really good or someone that is absolutely horrible.

We have had Windward since 1998. Easy to use program.

Pros

Fairly easy to use. Most features are simple to use and once you know how to use it is fairly easy to correct mistakes made on invoices and inventory.

Cons

Did not have payroll part before. Confusing to change printing options when a new printer is installed and is hard to figure out how to add things on invoice set up .ie - We wanted to write "Estimates valid for 30 days on work orders but can't figure out how to do it. Haven't yet discovered how to use the email option on invoices & statements.

Its a very powerful software and has huge potential.

It forced us to realize how many things we were doing wrong and we will be a much stronger company then our competition when we finally get it all setup. We are still learning everyday better techniques.

Pros

Tons of custom options that our previous software hadn't even thought of. Love the custom print outs Barcodes take a bit to figure out but then the potential is huge. Custom settings as simple as a specific printer for a specific printout. Can limit employee access super specifically Inventory system is really flexible and powerful

Cons

Would be nice to be able to do price file updates during the day. You have to have everyone logged out to do it. This partially for data integrity. The WEAR software still needs some work can't see the virtual warehouse and has some minor kinks that need to be worked out in the latest version.

I have a 8 user licence. Many bugs and some functionality falls short. As if they did not think the whole process through properly. Financial side is very cumbersome. I am looking for alternate solutions.

Read all the reviews. This software could really be good if it was finished strong and some further thought was applied to the processes. It seems 80% complete with shortfalls in many areas. Financials are just not suitable for our size of business. It takes 4x the amount of time to complete a task compared to QB. My accountants find this aspect frustrating. They really should offer an integration with QB for those who want it. It feels like they are trying to cover too much in this software. I have some tickets on issues and bugs for over 3 months now and they still have not been completed. Of what I know now, I would not have purchased this software. I am looking for alternate software.

Pros

The sales aspect is good. POS is acceptable. Easy to find a product and sell it. Kits work well. Reporting is somewhat good. Support tries to resolve issues.

Cons

Financials - If you are serious about your business, this is not for you. It is not comparable to Quick books. They have flatly refused to integrate with QB. Their financial side scores a 1/10. The Multi currency module is full of promise but has many problems and bugs like display and operational issues. You have to be very careful when dealing with multi-currency. Procurement is quite basic and could...

Will do anything you want it to.

This software will cook your dinner if you ask it to ... We have run it for 4 years now and gratefully have had very few problems. Every time I want add a feature I find it is already built in. Excellent product. Only downfall is the customer service is hard to manage. You will find the programmers are genius but have very little communication skills.

Pros

Adjustability, performance, reliability.

Cons

Customer Service.

**Windward Software

Windward has been a great company to work with. We had some trouble during the start up of the system, and because of that we are still working out some kinks but Windward's support team has been great to deal with and are always available. The sales team has been easy to work with. For us, the system was the one of the only ones out there which had the full integration of all the services that we needed or anticipated needing in the future, and at a relatively good price point.

Pros

Full integration

Cons

Scheduling doesn't match up as closely with the way we would like to use it as possible.

Windward is a great POS system for any business.

This software keeps us organized and saves time , in day to day task.

Pros

Windward is easy to learn and use with the point of sale. This program can do anything you need it to do for point of sale and inventory , and purchasing.

Cons

Thank you, Mark, for taking the time to provide us with your feedback; we really appreciate your comments! If you have any questions or require assistance at any time, please do not hesitate to contact your Account Manager at +1 (800) 663-5750. All of us at Windward look forward to continuing to serve you in the future.

Fabulous inventory control and with the touch screens very easy to use

Far better inventory control, web integration in process and we must absolutely compliment the tech support team. Their response is generally very quick and knowledgable.

Pros

We love the integration with our payment processing, easy cash balancing, multiple warehouses and the speed of reporting.

Cons

Not as strong on sales reporting as we would like...though I am told it is coming???? The lack of ability to compare year to year sales through vendors and drill down to the various products is a big one for us.

Have been using this software since 2006 and have been extremely satisfied.

Efficiency is the most important benefit that we have received from this software.

Pros

The ability to drill down for more information from wherever you are. For example, from an invoice, click on an inventory item to see a picture of the item, a list of everyone that has purchased this item, check out how many are on order, how many are in stock, etc without ever leaving the invoice. This software has enabled us to get the same work accomplished with fewer employees.

Cons

They follow up any concerns promptly. Realistic software that works, does what it's claimed to do.

Time and insight.

Pros

We can run our whole business from it. A consistent interface across all areas helped with the initial and inevitable hugh learning curve. The online Webinars, manuals and training videos allow us to get the most out of our investment

Cons

It's so comprehensive and covers so many scenarios with alternate ways of doing things through its cusostimizable settings. Implementation requires a massive commitment of time and resources

Been using this system for 5 years now. Such potential, but a disappointment in customer service.

It has worked out well for our business. It has been relatively user friendly, easy to learn and train others on, and it does everything we need it to.

Pros

Cons

My biggest complaint about the software is the lack of customer service. Prompt customer service is key. Prompt service seldom happens and at time I feel I know more about the system than the person I'm on the phone with.

have been using since 1999. very reliable.

daily reports, keeps inventory straight, up to the minute financials. great system!

Pros

easy t o use with MANY features. some are bit tricky to use but support is very helpful. Had a system (Windows) crash and lost computers. Luckily had back up from previous day and Windward was able to get me up and running in about an hour on the new computers.

Cons

a little trick designing your own forms, cheques, tags etc..but able ti overcome with some support help.

Overall a very versatile product!

Having a true view of the numbers on all levels of the business.

Pros

They've made reporting very simple to really dive into the numbers. The inventory side of things has made it a breeze to keep track of inventory as a great feature is costs vs landed costs.

Cons

They online feature is outdated and not mobile friendly for today's marketplace. The actual software would be great to have availability for web based.

Generally the software works great for what we require.

Pros

The integration of the accounting and POS software. I like that you can link PO's to Bills and AR invoices, so you can double check what suppliers are charging you. The way you can customize all your forms is nice as well.

Cons

So far we have had some issues with the software, such as using the contractor tax and assessing PST properly. Also, there has been some glitches with payments being deleted.

Overall experience has been very good. A very reliable system with little to no freezing.

Pros

I like the speed of use and all the options for inventory. The point of sale side is pretty straight forward. The customer support is great, always helpful and very fast. It has features that could be great.

Cons

What I like least is the back side of it is not as user friendly. Feels like you need to have a degree in programming when trying to setup printing forms. Setup wizard could use simpler terms.

Good Product but need to improve it. Sometime software gets very slow

It is much better product then we were using before and help us to process customer much faster, which is most important.

Pros

It is user friendly product, Very easy to train staff. Customer Support is very good as well, they call back within half an hour for Emergency calls.

Cons

they need to improve rental module. it is not user friendly. sometime inventory update took lots of time and need to restart the services in order to sell.

This is a comprehensive, professional POS System that works well and is user friendly.

Pros

The software will provide just about any report needed and in about any arrangement for our company. I love the feature of being able to export reports to Excel to customize them even further, if necessary.

Cons

Because I can do some programming, there are a few tweaks here and there that I would like to be able to do myself. Some minor issues cannot be changed, according to technical support.

Excellent overall

It has made reporting on sales and purchases much more efficient and the accounting side of the program is much easier to use and understand.

Pros

I like that i can get a detailed report for our current inventory and keep up with things that need to be re ordered on a regular basis

Cons

There are a lot of steps to complete the inventory receiving cycle. It would be less time consuming to complete receiving if it was more automated

Runs my business for me.

Pros

Inventory capabilities, Daily reporting, Reorder process, all make my daily job much easier. Could not ask for more, and if I do Windward adds the function.

Cons

Overseas tech service, outside hardware integration (i.e. credit card readers), it works flawless until you try and make a big change like that, however lots of times its not windward's fault but that of the processor like Microsoft.