Windward System Five Reviews - Page 3

Windward Software makes the life of our staff a lot easier than what we had previously.

Pros

- User Friendly POS - Great Reporting Features - Accurate Inventory - The Required Orders Report makes it easy to create Purchase Orders

Cons

- Accounting feature could use more work - "Invoice" wording can be confusing (everything is an invoice)

Overall, 4 1/2 out of 5. Greg L's tutelage (from HO) has made the difference for us.

Pros

Does everything we need it to do. Easy to train multiple staff to use effectively. The support from HO is excellent for the most part. If they do not know the answer to a specific need, they work hard to implement.

Cons

Reporting is cumbersome. Customer info should be integrated. Retail invoicing should be made faster. Foreign customer support is substandard and a waste of our time.

I started using the program many years ago because of a interview with the Founder about the starting of program and the customer care and support for the program.

not happy with the sales rep. that sold me on additional programming and did not sell me the transferring of files from the old program, which is needed.

Pros

like the product, it does most of what I want it to do, being my business is automotive repair. The support team I've dealt with has always been helpful and pleasant to deal with.

Cons

I've found that some of the management was not as pleasant to work with, but I can't let one bad apple put a negative feel for the software.

We rely on Windward System 5 every day for our business

Generally, our experience with WW implementation has been very favorable. We have been using the software now for 3 months and, after WW helps us to get a few kinks ironed out with the software, we will be very happy with the software.

Pros

The cloud-based system is easy to access and use on a daily basis.

Cons

The program lacks in the accounting and reporting area. Daily closeout and accounting reports are difficult to work with if you are using an outside accounting package.

Not the right system for our type of business. Probably better for a small retail company.

Pros

I really don't know what we like most about the software. We have had the system for almost 10 years and it has never worked well for us, even after investing tens of thousands of dollars...

Cons

Not user friendly. Expensive. Support doesn't know how to fix the problem most of the time. System not capable of performing functions that are necessary for our business. Confusing. Have spent hours and hours trying to get the system to work correctly without success. Hired someone to come help us learn the system better that cost us almost so much money and we weren't any further ahead than before they came.

Been on Windward since Mar 2008 for 1 co. Then since Jan 2014 for another with 3 depart and AIC

Overall we like this software. I would recommend Windward to other businesses. We've had some growing pains since 2008 but there have been many enhancements for our business ( Equipment Rentals ) Pros: The parts and inventory aspects of the software are first class. The basics of renting or selling is easy to learn. We can design any type of invoice or reports ourselves, user friendly. We like...

Cons

This is not a user friendly system AT ALL.

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. Ever. In fact, I will do just the opposite. Thankfully, it made my bank account smaller, I was really looking for some way to throw some money away! Thanks!

Pros

Unlimited product amounts, other than that, nothing was good about it.

Cons

Even with my "full usage" set up, I still had to give myself permission to edit something such as a check. Too many steps to accomplish such a simple task. very time consuming. NONE of my staff, regardless of watching the videos and going through our training, were able to comprehend the usage of the system. Took a year to be able to pay for it, then went live, less than a month later, got a renewal...

Windward System Five is an Excellent software for our Lighting Showroom

Windward software has changed the way we operate our business. We implemented Windward in 2009 and have had no major issues with the program. Windward's inventory program has made our store more efficient by providing a virtual warehouse that has every item listed for hundreds of manufacturers and what is available in stock or what needs to be ordered. We are able to place and produce orders...

Cons

Total Battery Review of Windward (www.totalbattery.com)

I have been using Windward for my company for almost 10 years. I find it the most robust and scalable system that can adapt to any changes that my company grows into. We currently run a distribution centre, 5 branches and an online store through windward. I find the tech support much improved over the past few years and the annual upgrades have always been responsive to the changes in...

Cons

Great product straight out of the box!

My company has used the Windward software since 2006 and we have been very impressed with its short learning curve for new employees and powerful reporting system for the back-office. Compared to our previous customized software, Windward has saved us time and money at POS, EOM reporting, inventory controls and vendor/customer maintenance. Windward has been an extremely dependable product and we are...

Great Software for Every business

Pros

Great customer service and great software. Can do pretty much everything you need for you business.

Cons

Haven't had any issues as of yet with either vendor or product

Clunky, dated

Inventory tracking, accounting and invoicing, inventory management.

Pros

The ability to link to invoices from serial numbers and edit unit costs and list prices from the inventory screen.

Cons

Creating reports is very finnicky, the search function is slow, the system allows errors that should be prevented (duplicate serial numbers).

Great purchase for price!

Full circle management of organizations

Pros

Wide range of options associated with functionality.

Cons

Nothing is difficult to use if you don't try to use the pieces that you don't need. Stick to the basics in the beginning

Thanks for the great review Colin!

Very poor customer service, call for help they want to schedule a call back within a week

Nothing

Pros

Once I have figured out what I need to do on a daily basis its very simple for me to use, I only use a small portion of what is there.

Cons

Extremely slow program, way to many useless features. If anyone of my co-workers try to use it they cant.

Winward

It a great product very well thought out and very thorough tracks all inventory while providing a POS anyone can use

Pros

This is a very detailed piece of software great POS and inventory tracking, Excellent piece especially for furniture of any kind

Cons

Its very in depth so be prepared to put some time in to fully utilize it, also its on the pricey side but if you have the money well worth the price

So frustrated

Our company has used windward user since 2008. The customer service continues to fail us. The techs continue to make horrible mistakes when we are getting support. Not only do they rarely call on time for a scheduled appointment, the last 2 times data as well as templates were deleted. No recovery possible because both times the tech supports didn't take a copy / back up of the data. Their support...

Cons

Paid $7000 for absolutely nothing. System never installed and they refuse to refund money paid.

I learned very quickly that this software is old and in need of re development at its core. They just keep adding to the old code rather than upgrading it. Sorry windward, but it's 2017 not 1984.

Pros

Absolutely nothing. It's an antiquated, clunky piece of software. I have never had more stress than trying to work with these cheats.

Cons

Don't risk your hard earned money. They promise that it will do what you want and when it doesn't they just drop you like a stone.

Hello Nick we are looking at having a conversation with you to review your concerns. We have tried numerous time to contact you and left messages over the past few months but unfortunately we were never able to connect. Windward would love to show you our brand new software offering ¿ Service Springboard (http://www.windwardsoftware.com/en-US/features/service-springboard.html) that we feel can be the exact fit for your business needs. If you can contact our Customer Service Team at your earliest convenience @ 800-663-5750 and we can review together. Thanks, Windward Software.

Do Not get Windward Ststem Five! Most of the time it does not work. It is way to expensive!

Look at the Cons. This is bad so so bad.

Pros

Just look at the Cons. There are no pros.

Cons

Everything!! Bad System it never works and is most just down. Bad support you rarely can get a hold of these people. Save your money you would be better off donating it to someone that needs it.

A comprehensive all-in-one Retail Business solution

We have been using Windward System Five software to handle our Point-of-Sale, Accounting and Inventory systems for a decade. We find that their software is secure, robust, and has many great reporting features for detailed analysis which range from inventory reports, to customer/product sales reports and charts. They have excellent customer and support services- both technical and feature wise. I would like to see better chart and graph options for financial and inventory analysis and report printing. I think they could also streamline their online tutorials and teachings to make it easier for business owners to train their staff - new and old! Overall we find Windward to be a reliable company with proven software that we use everyday in our business.

Windward general POS processes

After using Windward for 2 years, we realize it has a lot more to offer than POS and basic inventory, customer and accounting management. It is very in depth and even though we found it very adaptable to our business, it has so much to offer that we are constantly expanding (or changing) our business processes. We were surprized at how quick the implementation team started us up, we were invoicing within 4 days. Tech support is readily available when needed, usually we have mis-coded some inventory or made a mistake with tendering an invoice, but so far, we are happy with the support we received. Over all we are quite satisfied and even though we have had some challenges, given the choice again, we would chose Windward.

Cons

i do like the training videos . support has been good

haven't gone live so cant really say

Pros

complete package. you can access features within windward from the module you are working in. was priced well,

Cons

have been having some issues loading items into windward. although we are new to windward. need to find a way to do boat packages with serialized items in the package

windward software the best option for us

Over the years we have had many different businesses both retail and wholesale and with all we have used windward software. Windward is easy to use, easy to train and well priced. Every few years we review the POS and accounting software to determine if we should be looking at new software and after a few trials with larger brand name software always come to the same conclusion windward works best for us. Easy to use, best customer service and a great value. I'm sure we will have the itch to review our software every so often, but suspect we will continue using Windward for another 20 years! Thanks to Steve and his team for the years of outstanding service.

Cons

new user of this software

Windward 5 is a robust accounting software that accounts for floor planning and tracks unit repairs so that you can see all the units an individual customer has had in for repair. Two things my current software did not do. In addition this software is fully integrated. I had problems with my old software interfacing to an accounting package to pay payables and collect receivables. My system trainer was very informative and was able to answer all my questions and showed me how to set up anything I was having trouble with from the online videos. This system also integrates my credit card processing with my point of sale terminals another time saver.

So So - Customer Service -5

This program is easy to utilize and when implemented correctly and completely would adequately assist in the day to day processes of running a small business but with so many other packages out there, they might be better value and worth looking at. Had issues with there payroll program being firstly a skeleton of a program and 8 months behind its delivery time, was hell trying to get assistance I...

Cons

BAD out of the box!!! And they re-nag on the refund aspect

Windward software was a complete disaster from original install by them on our server. Required a lot of time from our own staff and each work station to be down for multiple hours. The blank slate install produced errors throughout the program. DO NOT Purchase, period. REALLY do not purchase if you use roll-up accounting for your GL. Our implementation was halted by Windward themselves...