10,000ft

High-level project resource management tool for modern teams

visit website

10,000ft Reviews

Pros

Customer Support are great - so responsive and keep jargon to a minimum, a pleasure to deal with.

Marie D.

Easy to set up, Great analytics, lovely design, easy to use, easy for time tracker to add their hours with just 1-2 clicks, good documentation.

Swipe

Jose F. G.

Cons

This software has the worst customer support I've dealt with in a long time. They found a bug with my companies projects and it still hasn't been fixed over a week later.

Wieke W.

Well, before I could say anything negative about this product, I would seriously need to give it more time.

Bruce R.

4.2

Great alternative to maximize your team's utilization

Overall we love using 10kft and we have been able to improve our business process thanks to its features. We use it to keep track of where people is allocated on projects and when new projects come to easily see who's available to work on it.

Pros

I love that it's very powerful and supports custom fields. It helps us keep track of our skills database and where those skills can be used best. The analytics are very simple yet powerful, helps us identify the right data on the right time.

Cons

The UI can lag a bit, with the most recent update. It take a bit time to get used to a few workflows to do some things, such as replacing/reassigning an assignment. It has more features than we need.

Resource Planning and Forecasting done right with 10000ft

The most challenging aspect of managing projects is reporting, especially the most critical assignments in the project which has actually been easier to accomplish with 10000ft. This is the first software I have used that combines project management, time tracking and resourcing altogether, diminishing the need to employ different software for these aspects of the business. We have been successful...

Pros

Setting up project details such as phases, resources, budget etc. does seem a hassle at first, but with the learning curve, it becomes substantially uncomplicated to use. It does take time for the team to get used to noting down the time spent on each project every day, but it is imperative that it is done correctly, so as to generate time and invoice reports that can assist the management to get high-level...

Cons

There are currently no provisions for Gantt Charts and graphic representation of elements, which would have helped in better visualisation of data. Would love such an option in the future. Secondly, I feel that the real benefit of investing in such software will come in most handy when it is implemented by the team accurately, so it is essential that they do. It is also pricey for small businesses, wherein project based analytics are not included in the price.

Not overly happy with the product

Pros

It lets me see my team's schedule in a way that makes it easy to see where they are and what their availability is.

Cons

Due to the fact that I have used other similar software at other companies, there are a lot of things about this software I do not like. The import is very limited. They finally added bulk project edit but still doesn't allow you to edit the important fields like resource or placeholder. We have a lot of projects and resources so the system is extremely slow, sometimes unusable. The schedules should...

Exactly what we need - after trialling 10+ apps/services

We've been looking for project budget planning, time tracking and resource allocation planning tools for our agency. We tested 10+ different tools/services. For our needs we found 10K plans the best. It's almost a 100% percent match with our workflow. It's not an end-to-end tool but helps where we struggled the most: resource allocation and budget tracking. It comes through that it has been designed by people who did similar agency type work. The approach / concept is brilliant and most importantly kept simple yet flexible

Pros

Great fit for our processes: * Bidding/planning You can draft a project - it immediately reflected in resource allocation. Or change the resource allocation and it's reflected in the budget. It's immediately visible if your planned allocation is over the budget - so you can cut scope or ask for increased budget. You immediately see if you over allocated people: you can stagger projects or...

Cons

No project cost analytics - calculations/reporting are only based on billing rates. Although you might be able to use your costs instead of billing rates but then you lose some other abilities (eg. pricing) No out of the box integration to accounting systems (we use Xero). It would be great to reconcile expenses to or from Xero. They have an API but it requires custom development to integrate. Some minor usability improvements would help (eg. zooming in / out on resource planning, long project/phase names with people names and allocation info truncated in some zoom level, etc.). But overall still much better as most of the other tools. A bit pricey: USD 15/user/month

Thanks for the great review, Peter!

10,000ft - A Great Software Suite To Manage Project Time

All in all, 10,000ft has been a major benefit to our team so far, allowing us to more closely keep track of project progress, billable hours, and more, which has in turn allowed us to more precisely set goals and allocate resources.

Pros

10,000ft allows project managers and teammates to set goals for time performed on various phases of multiple projects, allowing employees and leaders across the company to make sure they're on pace for success.

Cons

The software can sometimes feel hefty if individual team members have multiple projects on their plates. This can lead to a lot of administrative time devoted to filling in the 10,000ft form that could be used on project phases.

Strong resource allocation, time tracking, and budget tracking

Pros

Versatile and flexible resource allocation tool. Works well for our 50 person creative agency. Ability to assign resources to projects, determine project budgets, see burn rate against project budget.

Cons

Would like more sophisticated reporting visualizations. Time tracking interface is not as good as Harvest.

Progess!

Pros

I was leery of the way "insights" and "plans" were initially split up, but I must say - 10000ft hit it out of the park with the reinvention of this software! The program allows for creative, strategic thinking - which a lot of PM software does not.

Cons

There is no native mobile app. It does always work well with certain browsers and occasionally have to remind myself to "save everything."

Easy to Use, but lacks core functionality

Pros

It's ease of use and mobility. It allows me to easily adjust time for people and pull quick analytics when necessary.

Cons

It doesn't link people's time sheets to the master schedule and it makes it really difficult as our resource manager to know accurately what people are working on.

Bird's eye view of project budget.

We recently switched our time tracking software with 10,000 Feet simply because it was able to replace numerous independent applications used internally to manage payroll and project budgets. 10,000 Feet provides a true bird's eye view of the enterprise allowing us to properly manage our project resources effectively. 10,000 Feet lets us view complete schedules, and allocate the necessary resources...

Pros

10,000 Feet provides individual, project and enterprise view of resources, projects, time and budgets. Expenses are also managed and its reporting and filtering capabilities are extremely helpful. It has a high level of flexibility to keep accuracy with your project budgets.

Cons

I would not say there is a con, only that it was so jammed packed with features that it took a little time to get used to it from what I was used to working with.

Easy to use, visually pretty, saves a lot of time

Saves me a lot of complex spreadsheet editing in excel.

Pros

It is very easy to use and I like the simplicity of the reporting. The ability to change from a daily view to a yearly view is essential.

Cons

Perhaps a trade off with easy of use but could do with some more power in places. Although the reporting is beautifully simple, it does mean I have to revert to excel to generate the info I need a lot of the time. Could also do with some support around scheduling conflicts and multiple timeline views.

Quick and easy way to schedule resources.

Good control and visibility of resource scheduling for low effort

Pros

It is very well designed. It's fast. Like the name suggests it gives you a high level view of your business for very little effort. Interaction is intuitive - drag the schedule around and zoom in and out so it works at any scale from daily increments to annual. Over utilisation and availability in hours are clearly displayed. Whilst it feels light it does have some depth. Time recording, P&L, custom fields, API integration and pivot table style reporting are there if you want them. Project / stage hierarchy is very handy and tags and filtering are great.

Cons

Not much. Be nice if you could create a new project from the schedule view. It would be good if you could customise colours per project for the schedule view, but colours are reserved for commercial status - confirmed, unconfirmed, leave and non billable. It is a sensible design decision as it saves users from creating project "soup" in the schedule view, but some will want that freedom.

Elevated our internal resource allocation, saving us hours each week

10,000ft Plans was our choice after a vetting process of several weeks and over a dozen different products. We needed something to improve our internal resource allocation capabilities to prevent over- or underbooking while also providing task management and schedule management both at an individual and company-wide level. When the 10,000ft team presented us with their "Schedule" view, we literally...

Cons

Outstanding application that has improved how we run our business.

Pros

Simple but powerful. The design is clever - we looked at many other options in the market and 10kft is a standout on great design. The design allows to to have deep insight and visibility into resource management in your company. Love the ability to forecast revenue.

Cons

The extra features of the Pro version do not justify the cost. The expense function is weak. We had to build a manual interface to our accounting software (QBO) - would have liked this off the shelf.

Thanks for the thoughtful review, Raj! We love working with your team.

10,000ft is just the tool that I needed to effectively manage teams and projects!

Ease of reporting and visibility into what my team is working on

Pros

The interface is very easy to use and I like the ability to set-up our accounts, projects, and teams. I especially like the reporting functionality and how easy it makes it for me to forecast staffing needs and revenue while reporting on how as a team we are doing in comparison to what we forecast.

Cons

I'd like to be able to assign a custom color to each of my Accounts so that I can better visually see assignments based on that. Other than that, the tool is awesome!

Revolutionized project tracking

Pros

Coming from excel, this was a warp speed jump that greatly simplified our time and record keeping. The interface is simple and reactive to change. We use it to automatically track bill rates against time spent and fee caps. I can't imagine running our business without it. Customer service is a standout.

Cons

It would be nice if the expense features were more robust. The feature is not built for what we use it for, so it only works ok.

Solid resource management and project budget tracking platform

Pros

Doesn't try to do too many things. What it does do, it does well. Gives managers the ability to understand resource availability well, and gives a clear picture of how projects are tracking on a financial level. People do their timesheets more often than not with this software, which is a big compliment in and of itself.

Cons

Misses some level of granularity in how you can set up project financials specific to your company.

Dramatic change to our daily planning and scheduling, simplified and consolidated our time tracking.

Pros

The custom features to allow us to filter the tool to our unique inner workings as a company. I also love the new project dashboard and the sortable columns.

Cons

I don't care for the amount of clicks it takes to create a booking. I also wish there was more descriptions in the bookings instead of just the hours so that we know what we're booking. I also wish there was a better dashboard for project managers to view all of their resourced bookings on one easy to digest dashboard.

Thanks for your feedback! Great to hear that you've been enjoying the new project portfolio dashboard. We're heads down working on a sleek new way to add specifics to assignments and keep track of the status of the work itself, which will help you add the level of detail you're looking for when resourcing. Stay tuned :) - The 10,000ft Team

Good simple timesheets

This software has proven a good simple way to keep track of our hours.

Pros

We find the software simple and intuitive for keeping timesheets and assigning hours per project and work stage for simple billing.

Cons

The software is fairly standalone and we have to manually input the time data into our invoices. We don’t use the expense feature.

Very easy to implement & use

Resourcing / scheduling and analysis

Pros

Visual , easy to use. Users are happy with the product Basic features are good. very good for overview of your resources (and planning)

Cons

Reporting limited and not detailed enough. Inability to define/change calculations/formulas. Enhancement of reports builder.

Worst Support I've had to deal with

Pros

This software makes it easy to keep track of budgets and resourcing.

Cons

Our entire company runs off, it revolutionized our billing model

Pros

I love how you can allocate team members to projects. I also love that it got us away from the "timer method" of time tracking. This is much easier for my team.

Cons

The reporting functions leave a little to be desired. Most of all I would love for job costing to be included.

10,000 ft is a great tool for resource planing ad project reporting. I'd be lost without it!

Pros

All I need in one view! Great scheduling tool. Great for reporting on time used per project. And great for reporting budgets for customers.

Cons

Analytics page won't compartmentilize, can't arrange saved reports into folders. It is a pain when you have many customers with lots of different saved reports. They are hard to find as they are also not in alphabetical order.

10,000ft Plans

Pros

User Defined Reports Even if you're not buying into the big data trend, you can't discount the value of good reporting. 10,000ft Plans has the high-level dashboard you're used to, and its reporting platform lets users create custom reports based on their own business needs. Allocate Resources Across Projects If your project teams are ever-changing, 10,000ft Plans's ability to view to allocation of resources across projects can save you many headaches. Budgets and Expenses Talk about time savings. 10,000ft Plans cuts down on the need for multiple systems or integrations by allowing users to create budgets and manage expenses within the platform.

Cons

No Customization Options Calling 10,000ft Plans rigid might be a stretch, but its lack of customization options should be noted. It's more than just visual tweaks too. For example, you can't make custom fields to save off data that might be specific to your company's process. Lack of Collaboration Depending on the organization of your company and its projects, collaboration within your PM solution may or may not be important. With that said, if built-in collaboration is a big selling point for you, 10,000ft Plans will most likely fall short of your expectations.

TTF works great for long term projects

Scheduling and pulling reports

Pros

It is straight forward and easy to use. The analytics allows you to pull reports that are very helpful.

Cons

Flexibility - sometimes its cumbersome to make updates and share with other divisions who have different holidays.

An easy to install and use program. Very good customer support.

Enabled one stop reporting for all projects as well as providing an easy overview.

Pros

Ease of use and user interface. Customisation is easy and straightforward. Basic reporting is functional.

Cons

Reporting can be limited. No Gantt chart - scheduler is not as comprehensive as a Gantt chart. The inability to set reminders at key milestones.