Ganttic Logo
Ganttic

Fully customizable project resource planning software

visit website

Ganttic Reviews

4.3

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.44/10

Reviews by rating

We have recommended it to many other business groups that we work with and would love a referral code or discount system to encourage their sign-ups.
Lot less email/communicator noise. Also I am very happy with the customer support - they are very responsive and always willing to help.
The customer support is excellent and they are open to development suggestions, but these suggestions are scaled to the developer's ability and prioritization.
The inability to simply click & drag an allocated block of time to move it back and forth along the timeline or up and down between team members. The inability to "split" blocks of time.
Also, I have trouble with Chrome when accessing it sometimes.
No place for a draft no one can see, then publish.

Chris D.

Principal Engineer, Global Reliability

Consumer Goods,

Very easy to get started and met our needs for continuing

Transcript

Chris: Hi, my name is Chris. I am a small business owner. I give Ganttic five stars. Click below from...

Hi Chris, thank you so much for the glowing review! We are delighted to hear that Ganttic was able to improve your business processes and that the Google Calendar sync and notifications are useful for your remote workers and teams. We always appreciate feedback from our clients. Keep going!

SK

Scott K.

Love Ganttic

As someone who is in charge of 14 technicians working throughout the country, remote communication is critical to our success. Ganttic allows me to manage an ever-changing schedule while automatically communicating the details of projects with technicians in the field. It's easy to use and customer support has been good so far. The only recommendation I would give is to provide tutorials on setting up the sync function with Google Calendar as soon as you sign up for Ganttic. It was a little trial and error at first until I was able to get in touch with customer support. A few short tips allowed me to get synced with my employees' calendars. I recommend it.

Pros

The visual scheduling for my technicians in the field and managing an ever-changing (daily and sometimes hourly) schedule. As things change, I can see who's available.

Cons

Training or tutorials could be improved. I know there is a lot more functionality than what I use, but it isn't obvious where to find the training. Report functions could be improved. When I run reports, I have a hard time filtering the reports for only the information I desire. One function I wish they had is a daily summary of how many people and jobs are scheduled. Right now, I have a separate Gant chart in excel that I use to list projects and ID my personnel demand per day. This would be beneficial in forecasting employee utilization and growth demands.

Hi Scott! Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad to tell you that we have worked with our helpdesk a lot and now we have tutorials with videos and text available in our homepage. In addition, we have added the charts option to reports that should also help you with the problems you had.

Media Production, 201-500 employees

A great cost-effective solution

Largely brilliant, it's served the purpose we've needed it to, however as we transition to more of a focus on budget management and capacity forecasting/tracking, we're finding that it might not be the best tool to allow us to do that.

Pros

The main pros are its inexpensiveness and ease of use. In terms of using it simply to book resource and manage a large teams' production schedules across hundreds of projects, it does the job perfectly. It also has an API available which we've made great use of to integrate with our other tools.

Cons

We have had to create some manual workarounds to get relevant reportable data out of Ganttic. We've also found that it does have a bit of a blindspot around capacity planning (there is an unassigned task area but it's global across the site, you can't have separate unassigned task areas for different teams). The mobile app is not worth your time.

Hi! Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us! We're pleased to hear that you find Ganttic to be an affordable and user-friendly solution for resource booking and production schedule management across numerous projects. It's fantastic to know that our API has been a valuable asset for integrating with your other tools. We totally understand the importance of reportable data and capacity planning. We're continuously working to improve our platform, and your feedback will help us address these areas. We'll take your input into consideration as we strive to enhance the user experience.

GG

Gouranga G.

Computer Software, 10,001+ employees

Overall uses

It a good software and easy to use

Pros

It is easy to use. Overall schedule shows clearly

Cons

deletion feature is very bad. Difficult to retrieve what has been deleted hence again re-enter for correction. Report feature specially dashboard should be available

Hi Gouranga! Thank you for the positive review, as well as your feedback. We're happy you find Ganttic to be easy-to-use. Also, we can share a little trick with you on how to restore deleted tasks, resources, and projects. If you're an admin, click on the "G" symbol in the upper left corner, that's a history log of the entire planner. Click on the vertical ellipsis and you can restore what was deleted. Try it out and see if it helps. If you have any other feedback or questions, shoot us an email at support@ganttic.com.

AA

Albert A.

Machinery, 51-200 employees

Good product but with no integration with other software as ERP and Mobiliy service tool

I have a good experience but I need to have int linked/integrated with the other tools that we are using on our company.

Pros

The usability for schedule the technicians tasks

Cons

We should need to have it linked with out ERP and mobility service tool.Toay it is a disconnected tool and probably we will need to replace it for a integrated system with our tools.

Hi Albert! Thank you for your feedback. It is possible to connect Ganttic with any third-party system via API. See documentation here: https://gantticapi.github.io/api-documentation. If you need assistance with setting up the connection or have any other questions, feel free to drop us a line at experience@ganttic.com.

LR

Luca R.

Pharmaceuticals, 51-200 employees

Perfect tool to schedule your activities

The experience of using Ganttic is easy and intuitive. The software has greatly simplified the scheduling process, making it more efficient and precise.

Pros

Ganttic is easy to use, even for non-technical users. The interface is intuitive and offers a wide range of functionality.

Cons

Ganttic is a versatile and easy-to-use project planning software. I have not encountered any problems or negative aspects that would adversely affect my user experience.

Thank you for your positive feedback, Luca. It definitely inspires us to move forwards.

Arnaud R.

Machinery, 201-500 employees

Very good product, great assistance

Very good!

Pros

Shared planning online with realtime modification

Cons

Mobile access isn't allowerd by my company (app is bloked)

Thank you for sharing the positive vibes, Arnaud! We don't restrict access to the mobile app for anyone. Please note that using the mobile app requires you to have an account and access first. This means the users should also be first given access before they are able to sign in via the mobile app. Please double-check the status of your users via the web version. Let me know if you need further assistance: experience@ganttic.com.

RR

Robert R.

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

Good but can be improved

Very happy with it.

Pros

Resource planning and ease of use. The fact that it is easy to add new resources and users.

Cons

The fact that the Ganttic does not remeber how each user select to show the collapsable resource view.

Thank you for sharing the good vibes, Robert!

NM

Nigel M.

Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 employees

Easy to use tool

Great, easy to use, resource tool.

Pros

Simple look. Not too complicated that it gets confusing to the user.

Cons

There could be small software improvements. For example if I move one event of a project, it would be great if all project events moved with it. But instead I have to manually move everything.

Hi Nigel, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about Ganttic. We're delighted to hear that you find our tool easy to use and appreciate its simplicity. Your feedback regarding software improvements is valuable to us, and we'll certainly consider your suggestion for future updates. Making it easier for users to manage project events is an important aspect for sure! Kind regards, Katrin Kurg

SH

Stephen H.

Renewables & Environment, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

My Ganttic review

I've used several types of resource management software and Ganttic is easy to use and provides a nice visual interface to easily determine staff availability and to communicate key deadlines and project information.

Pros

Management of a lot of short-term tasks across a large team. Easy to view gantt chart, with easy accss to critical project information.

Cons

It is currently separate from our other systems, so in some ways is a duplication of work to keep up with key information in Ganttic as well.

Thank you for the insightful feedback, Stephen. As for connecting Ganttic and other tools to keep some data in sync, have you explored the API option that allows this? It is already used by a lot of other Ganttic customer who also rely on third-party applications for their resource management. You can see API documentation here: https://gantticapi.github.io/api-documentation. Explore this option and let me know if you need further assistance with setting up the connection: experience@ganttic.com.

Vaibhav M.

Ganttic has given me in terms of resource planning software what I needed - ease of use, functional

resource and staff utilisation is moving, given more visibility to who is doing what and how can we best utilise staff. Gives me MIS easily.

Pros

ease of use, MIS, customisation customer support web link could be used from anywhere ability to generate different views

Cons

ability to link to ERP mobile app is not that great and needs to be worked so that user can use it from anywhere

Hi Vaibhav! Thank you for the feedback you provided. We also have an Ganttic app that can be downloaded via Google Play or Apple store. Just to give you heads up about our developments, then we are at the moment working on making our web-site mobile responsible. Thus, I hope that the problems that you brought forth will be solved in the near future.

TW

Tanner W.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Ganttic is what every resource management software should aspire to be.

I have spent the last 5 years looking for software to allow our mid-sized contracting firm to organize our schedule further out than one month. We were using three different products to poorly emulate what Ganttic does. One of them was google calendar and Ganttic has very good calendar sync features which make our transition pretty seamless.

Pros

- It allows the whole company to schedule multiple projects in one place and easily see potential bottlenecks. - Outstanding customizability. - Super helpful support team. - Really well thought out. If the software works a certain way, it's usually because of a very smart reason.

Cons

- Unattractive UI. - A few weird limitations on the gantt chart. They were very receptive to requests for change on this.

Thank you for the positive review, Tanner. Regarding the UI, you are welcome to suggest any improvements and ideas that would make Ganttic more intuitive to use.

HD

Hans D.

Media Production, 11-50 employees

Simple but efficient

My task was to get a fast and clear overview on available staff and work that needs being done. SO I started to set up a resource called "Tasks not assigned" and then added all my people to the system. Now anyone can add a task and I can easily assign these tasks to available people, while at the same time being aware of availability of resources. My crew has "read-only" access, so they know exactly what is going on, where their colleagues are and what will happen in the coming weeks. This is NOT a project management tool, which I don't need, as I need to keep track of resources rather than projects!

Pros

Web-based, real-time update on changes, clear structure

Cons

I had some issues with "all-day" tasks and local timezones. To overcome this, my PC is now set to the Timezone of the company's HQ. I would like a more flexible User model. If I have 1 resource more than the license allows, I need to buy the complete next package, which is over the top for me.

Hi Hans! Thank you for the review! We are glad that Ganttic helps you to get an overview of your staff. You can actually choose a timezone you want to plan in, in the planner, too: http://ganttic.com/blog/new-feature-time-traveling-now-available-in-ganttic Hope that helps!

DP

Dan P.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Using Ganttic for Resource Management

Ganttic meets the core needs I have around resource management. At times things are a little clunky but far better than managing from a spreadsheet.

Pros

I purchased Ganttic for the easy drag and drop resource management capabilities and it delivers on the basic needs. It replaces what used to be managed via spreadsheet.

Cons

Sometime the dragging of bars to denote a time period for a resource snaps back to different dates than planned and I have to make multiple attempts to drag it to the proper days.

Thank you for the nice review, Dan!

JC

Jon C.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Steep learning curve, but once you're familiar with Ganttic, you realize how amazing it is

We have had a couple of product demo sessions with [sensitive content] in Customer Support. He is great to work with, responds promptly to our questions, and seems genuinely interested in helping us maximize the extent we use Ganttic in our processes. One item that might be helpful would be to expand the timeframe(s) for available online meetings/demos. We are on the west coast in the United States and the only available slots are usually at 6 am in the morning or late at night our time.

Pros

We were looking for a program to help plan out our crew's availability and schedule more than just one week out. Ganttic does all this and more. The filters and multiple views are great. Notifications for our subcontractors and billing department are also a plus. The more we implement this, the more processes we discover Ganttic can help us streamline.

Cons

The dependencies and lag times between tasks need some work to be more in line with typical Gannt charts. The drag and drop function to assign tasks to resources is a little tricky in that you can easily change the date of a task by accident if you are not careful.

Thank you for the review, Jon. It is a pleasure to work with you! As for demo session availability, this will soon be improved as we are already expanding the support team. If you cannot find a suitable time from the online booking calendar then just drop us a line. I am sure we'll find a suitable time for you.

SV

Sylvain V.

Retail, 51-200 employees

Ganttic - Team Management for Software Development

As a Software Development Coordinator, I couldn't do without it. Managing a Team of 27 in a very dynamic software development context, with hundreds of tasks, using a standard Gantt chart isn't quite efficient. Ganttic allows us to manage resources, workload, and availability at a glance thanks to Ganttic. It is so easy to add tasks with multiple dependencies, from Analysis to Dev, testing, and QA. Move things around, plan, use color coding for project Status or Phases. Creating reports on a jiffy, managing holidays, vacations and what else. Probably the only software from many others required in my daily tasks, that I really like using. Now, an API would make Ganttic a killer app!

Pros

Ease of use. Flexibility. Reliability. Cost. Usefulness.

Cons

An API would be great to have.

Hi Sylvain! Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad to announce that API is in our development plans. I will give you heads up if I have more information about it.

CC

Christine C.

Financial Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Flexible and great views

It's a very helpful tool for planning and scheduling and monitoring project status and completion.

Pros

The tool is essential to scheduling of audit projects, so we can see where we have unused or underutilized capacity, or where we have overused capacity. It allows us to plan out our annual schedule.

Cons

Creating new tasks is cumbersome. Too much clicking involved.

Thank you for your great review, Christine! We are glad to hear that you are using Ganttic in full capacity! Also will keep in mind the comment about the tasks creation while developing Ganttic.

DS

Derek S.

Ganttic review

Pros

Easy to use, numerous color options, and display features

Cons

I would like to see a feature to drag the calendar dates out with the mouse. The arrows are sensitive

Hi Derek! Thanks for the kind review, as well as your feedback. We hope the vast color palette helps unleash more creative planning :) Regarding the calendar date scroll, it can be a bit sensitive with a trackpad, but try it with a mouse and see if that helps. In the meantime, we informed our development team of this and if you want to contact us directly at support@ganttic.com, we'll be happy to keep you updated.

JS

Joseph S.

Oil & Energy, 5,001-10,000 employees

Project Manager & Resource Manager review of Ganttic

Resource Planning; Utilization goals.

Pros

Ability to filter and show a wide range of features that help with resource planning and utilization control.

Cons

include reporting using more fields, including custom fields in projects & tasks.

Thank you for the excellent review, Joseph! Please send us more precise description about the custom fields you meant: support@ganttic.com. Let's see if there are already some existing solutions or areas to improve!

AK

Austin K.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Ganttic

Pros

Ability to schedule and track projects, works well.

Cons

There are not too many downsides to the app besides the fact we may move to another product in the future.

Thank you for the review, Austin! We are glad to hear that you are pleased with our web-planner! We are currently developing our app as well, so it would offer also more visuality as the planner in web does. Hopefully you are able to wait around for the improvements which will take place during this year.

AL

Alia L.

Great project management tool!

Pros

Easy to get started with and amazing for tracking asset (either physical assets or employees) to manage allocation. Great for team tracking with events!

Cons

We haven't done much pushing the limits of what's possible on Ganttic and don't have much experience in its overall flexibility or tying in with other tools

Hi Alia! Thank you so much for the feedback that you provided. If you want to discover Ganttic more, feel free to schedule a personalized demo of Ganttic from here: https://www.ganttic.com/personal-demo Would be more than happy to introduce functionalities and possibilities of Ganttic that you might have missed.

KS

Kristen S.

Computer Software, 10,001+ employees

Technical Lead

This program has taken our chaotic schedule and wrapped it into an easy to read tool that can be accessed from anywhere. I would recommend this to any technical team that manages both production support as well as project implementations.

Pros

I love how easy it is for all users to read and understand. Both technical and nontechnical individuals have commented on this product and how it increases efficiency within the team.

Cons

I wish there was more flexibility on the main view to show more detail.

Hi Kristen! Thank you for the feedback you provided. We really appreciate it. About timeline, you can use filters and amend the views how you would like. Read more from here: https://www.ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/timeline Would be more than happy to assist you further in this regard if you need our assistance.

FC

Francois C.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Good quality

Pros

Ease of use and deployment. Very visual and easy to work online and share via visual-conference.

Cons

The detailed screen are a little busy. Could be reworked.

Thank you for your review, Francois! We are glad to hear that you are appreciating Ganttic for it's good quality!

FL

Francois L.

Supermarkets, 51-200 employees

Great resource management tool!

Finally able to know quickly who is available in 5 weeks for example. Having to manage 28 development resources, I have no clue how we were doing this before without Ganttic!

Pros

Visual, intuitive and drag and drop approach.

Cons

The refresh rate is clumsy sometimes.

Hi Francois! Thank you for your feedback. I feel that the refresh problem might be also connected with the speed of your internet and how large is the time period of your view that you are viewing. However, we are constantly improving the refresh rate and please tell us when you will encounter similar problems in the future.

JF

John F.

We are new users and this shared scheduling solution has helped us by have increased visibility

Were are more organized and this our helps our customers and employees

Pros

Visibility by multiple departments and our team in the field via their mobile phones. This allows our team to get updates on their schedules and provide status or add notes as needed.

Cons

I can not go back, If I make a change and then want to go back, to the previous schedule prior to the change, I cannot.

Hi John! Thank you for the feedback. I hope that you are satisfied with the undo function we added :)

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Ganttic UI is too messy to be helpful

I like that we can easily load in resources and can get some idea of what to expect in spite of the messy view. It can come in handy when we want to focus on a particular resource's availability over a specific amount of time, but not so much for the big picture.

Pros

I like that we can load in our resources and projects and get a rough idea of what to expect our commitments to be over the near future. While I am not a fan of the resulting UI, because we have a lot of projects / resources to manage (see below), you can generate some reports that help display the information better.

Cons

As noted above, the UI can get very confusing. There is not a good balance between views when trying to look at a project based view or a resource based view. For the monthly price, I would like to see a better option for a view or possibly multiple views.

Hi! From the Ganttic side we just wanted to tell that we have project and resource based views and changing the views could be considered one of the strengths of Ganttic. However, as often happens our clients start using Ganttic and some of the functionalities of Ganttic are not so easily been seen as we want. We are are continuously working to make the user interface clearer. Thus, we are sorry that this problem has occured for you. Still, we are more than happy to show you how to use different views via a personal demo. For this, you can sign up from here: https://www.ganttic.com/personal-demo