Ganttic Logo

Ganttic

Resource scheduling, management, project portfolio planning.

Ganttic Reviews

4.2

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.4/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

We have recommended it to many other business groups that we work with and would love a referral code or discount system to encourage their sign-ups.
The customer support is excellent and they are open to development suggestions, but these suggestions are scaled to the developer's ability and prioritization.
The inability to simply click & drag an allocated block of time to move it back and forth along the timeline or up and down between team members. The inability to "split" blocks of time.
Also, I have trouble with Chrome when accessing it sometimes.
No place for a draft no one can see, then publish.

Chris D.

Principal Engineer, Global Reliability

Consumer Goods,

Very easy to get started and met our needs for continuing

Transcript

Chris: Hi, my name is Chris. I am a small business owner. I give Ganttic five stars. Click below from...

Hi Chris, thank you so much for the glowing review! We are delighted to hear that Ganttic was able to improve your business processes and that the Google Calendar sync and notifications are useful for your remote workers and teams. We always appreciate feedback from our clients. Keep going!

Consumer Goods,

Very easy to get started and met our needs for continuing

Pros

We needed a Gantt chart that could also sync with a google calendar. After looking at a bunch of other applications, we settled on Ganttic. It has been very easy to set up multiple projects across our team of resources. Custom fields and custom reports that we can email each morning have been very useful features for us as wel.

Cons

There were some bugs encountered with the user interface. I sent in the feedback, got an immediate response, and the bugs were dealt with by the end of the week.

Hi! Thank you for the feedback! Like with all SaaS services, bugs occur from time to time. We always appreciate if you can give us feedback about it and usually we are able to make the corrections within one day.

CC

Christine C.

Financial Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Flexible and great views

It's a very helpful tool for planning and scheduling and monitoring project status and completion.

Pros

The tool is essential to scheduling of audit projects, so we can see where we have unused or underutilized capacity, or where we have overused capacity. It allows us to plan out our annual schedule.

Cons

Creating new tasks is cumbersome. Too much clicking involved.

Thank you for your great review, Christine! We are glad to hear that you are using Ganttic in full capacity! Also will keep in mind the comment about the tasks creation while developing Ganttic.

Chris Z.

Easy to use ERP, cheap and efficient, great to customise to your company needs.

Pros

Easy to use nice task/calendar overview Sharing and app function Customise user rights Customised to with own specifics

Cons

Would be really nice to add files to a task ( pdf, jpg, sheets etc) Would be nice to customise app notifications. Now it's just a on/off function, this leads (in my case) to a notification every time a user as much as views a task.

Hi Chris! Thank you for the feedback you provided. One option to add tasks would be to use the task custom data field (Type: Link) and attach via link the files you need. Karl

BH

Bryan H.

Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees

Project portfolio management wirhout getting into the weeds

Pros

We use Ganttic to forecast our project portfolio, not daily tasks. It is simple to learn and easy to use. Not bloated with bells and whistles that make other software difficult and expensive.

Cons

Would like to set repetitive tasks that can autopopulate colors and duration.

Thank you for the great review, Bryan! Please find more information about the recurring tasks from here: https://support.ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/tasks/recurring-tasks If you will need further assistance, please turn to support@ganttic.com

JS

Joseph S.

Oil & Energy, 5,001-10,000 employees

Project Manager & Resource Manager review of Ganttic

Resource Planning; Utilization goals.

Pros

Ability to filter and show a wide range of features that help with resource planning and utilization control.

Cons

include reporting using more fields, including custom fields in projects & tasks.

Thank you for the excellent review, Joseph! Please send us more precise description about the custom fields you meant: support@ganttic.com. Let's see if there are already some existing solutions or areas to improve!

HB

Haylie B.

Environmental Services, 201-500 employees

Great for scheduling

I have been using Ganttic for about a year now and it makes it easy to schedule field staff and track project schedules. The interface is fairly intuitive and allows me to manage a large amount of employees easily.

Pros

The thing I like most about this software is how easy it is to manage and track multiple resources. Additionally, I like the organizational features.

Cons

I think the use interface could be better. Also I didn't find the mobile app to be easy to use.

Thank you for the review, Haylie! We are currently developing our mobile app and during this year it will have a gantt chart view available also. Hopefully it will make soon your fieldwork easier to grasp via mobile too!

AK

Austin K.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Ganttic

Pros

Ability to schedule and track projects, works well.

Cons

There are not too many downsides to the app besides the fact we may move to another product in the future.

Thank you for the review, Austin! We are glad to hear that you are pleased with our web-planner! We are currently developing our app as well, so it would offer also more visuality as the planner in web does. Hopefully you are able to wait around for the improvements which will take place during this year.

MY

Matt Y.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

Great for our business!

Customer service is phenominal

Pros

Ease of use, user management, resource capacity and scheduling

Cons

The mobile app is quirky - does not seem to be robust. The desktop version is awesome!

Thank you for the great review, Matt! We are always happy to help! About the mobile app - during this year some major updates will come out! Will keep you updated for sure!

Vaibhav M.

Ganttic has given me in terms of resource planning software what I needed - ease of use, functional

resource and staff utilisation is moving, given more visibility to who is doing what and how can we best utilise staff. Gives me MIS easily.

Pros

ease of use, MIS, customisation customer support web link could be used from anywhere ability to generate different views

Cons

ability to link to ERP mobile app is not that great and needs to be worked so that user can use it from anywhere

Hi Vaibhav! Thank you for the feedback you provided. We also have an Ganttic app that can be downloaded via Google Play or Apple store. Just to give you heads up about our developments, then we are at the moment working on making our web-site mobile responsible. Thus, I hope that the problems that you brought forth will be solved in the near future.

GG

Gouranga G.

Computer Software, 10,001+ employees

Overall uses

It a good software and easy to use

Pros

It is easy to use. Overall schedule shows clearly

Cons

deletion feature is very bad. Difficult to retrieve what has been deleted hence again re-enter for correction. Report feature specially dashboard should be available

Hi Gouranga! Thank you for the positive review, as well as your feedback. We're happy you find Ganttic to be easy-to-use. Also, we can share a little trick with you on how to restore deleted tasks, resources, and projects. If you're an admin, click on the "G" symbol in the upper left corner, that's a history log of the entire planner. Click on the vertical ellipsis and you can restore what was deleted. Try it out and see if it helps. If you have any other feedback or questions, shoot us an email at support@ganttic.com.

TD

Thomas D.

Mining & Metals, 1,001-5,000 employees

Ganttic Review

I have been using Ganttic for a couple years now I think it is a great tool and I would never want to go without it. the web version of Ganttic I am really impressed with, the Ganttic app I really expected more. What the app does have is great I was expecting to be able to see the schedule for all of the guys as a whole instead of just seeing the individuals schedule that you click on also I was expecting to be able to make schedule changes on the app version as well. Maybe I am wrong and you can do all of this stuff I just got the app and haven't played with it much so I could be wrong here. Thank you.

Pros

being able to schedule multiple people on the same job and also looking at an expanded view and seeing 1-2-3 weeks ahead

Cons

I wish that when I have multiple resources on one task I could change 1 individual resources timeline and not affect the others. For example, I have 3 employees scheduled for Monday Tuesday and Wednesday on one job, when I need to change just one of those 3 employees to say work only Monday and Tuesday I have to delete that task from that resource and create a new one to show only the two days instead of the three.

Hi Thomas! Thank you for the feedback you provided. I just wanted to give you heads up that this is possible in Ganttic. For this you just need to use the checkmarks next to a resource. Does this work for you?

HD

Hans D.

Media Production, 11-50 employees

Simple but efficient

My task was to get a fast and clear overview on available staff and work that needs being done. SO I started to set up a resource called "Tasks not assigned" and then added all my people to the system. Now anyone can add a task and I can easily assign these tasks to available people, while at the same time being aware of availability of resources. My crew has "read-only" access, so they know exactly what is going on, where their colleagues are and what will happen in the coming weeks. This is NOT a project management tool, which I don't need, as I need to keep track of resources rather than projects!

Pros

Web-based, real-time update on changes, clear structure

Cons

I had some issues with "all-day" tasks and local timezones. To overcome this, my PC is now set to the Timezone of the company's HQ. I would like a more flexible User model. If I have 1 resource more than the license allows, I need to buy the complete next package, which is over the top for me.

Hi Hans! Thank you for the review! We are glad that Ganttic helps you to get an overview of your staff. You can actually choose a timezone you want to plan in, in the planner, too: http://ganttic.com/blog/new-feature-time-traveling-now-available-in-ganttic Hope that helps!

JC

Jon C.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Steep learning curve, but once you're familiar with Ganttic, you realize how amazing it is

We have had a couple of product demo sessions with [sensitive content] in Customer Support. He is great to work with, responds promptly to our questions, and seems genuinely interested in helping us maximize the extent we use Ganttic in our processes. One item that might be helpful would be to expand the timeframe(s) for available online meetings/demos. We are on the west coast in the United States and the only available slots are usually at 6 am in the morning or late at night our time.

Pros

We were looking for a program to help plan out our crew's availability and schedule more than just one week out. Ganttic does all this and more. The filters and multiple views are great. Notifications for our subcontractors and billing department are also a plus. The more we implement this, the more processes we discover Ganttic can help us streamline.

Cons

The dependencies and lag times between tasks need some work to be more in line with typical Gannt charts. The drag and drop function to assign tasks to resources is a little tricky in that you can easily change the date of a task by accident if you are not careful.

Thank you for the review, Jon. It is a pleasure to work with you! As for demo session availability, this will soon be improved as we are already expanding the support team. If you cannot find a suitable time from the online booking calendar then just drop us a line. I am sure we'll find a suitable time for you.

RB

Rahul B.

Graphic Design, 1,001-5,000 employees

Ganttic - A must for organised people!

After we started using Ganttic a few years ago we have grown to love every aspect of the scheduling tool. It's great for planning, logging, and pulling reports on all aspects of our choosing. Customer support is quick and efficient, and I love the way they strive to make improvements. I recommend trying Ganttic, you'll be hooked especially once you see how competitively priced it is. 10/10

Pros

Ease of use, price, and functionality

Cons

When you move a job from one resource to another or edit it the notes icon indicates it's been read when it hasn't

Hi Rahul! Thank you so much for the feeback. I believe that the issue you brought forth has been resolved now :)

RS

Robert S.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Quick and easy - getting things done!

Reduction of communication noise. Easy way to work on a central version of resource schedule.

Pros

We use Ganttic to schedule resources for number of projects (customer site visits). Its super easy to define the projects and add resources. Tool allows you to quickly get things going. Keeping the resource schedule information and ability to share it with customer brought the management of this area to next level. Lot less email/communicator noise. Also I am very happy with the customer support - they are very responsive and always willing to help.

Cons

Only two - mobile application is not so easy and flexible and there is no UNDO function. Once you delete something you have to do it again or contact support to get it from backup (it works, tested!).

Hi Robert! Thank you for the feedback. Now we have created the UNDO option. I hope this works for you. All the feedback that you can provide is appreciated.

KS

Kristen S.

Computer Software, 10,001+ employees

Technical Lead

This program has taken our chaotic schedule and wrapped it into an easy to read tool that can be accessed from anywhere. I would recommend this to any technical team that manages both production support as well as project implementations.

Pros

I love how easy it is for all users to read and understand. Both technical and nontechnical individuals have commented on this product and how it increases efficiency within the team.

Cons

I wish there was more flexibility on the main view to show more detail.

Hi Kristen! Thank you for the feedback you provided. We really appreciate it. About timeline, you can use filters and amend the views how you would like. Read more from here: https://www.ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/timeline Would be more than happy to assist you further in this regard if you need our assistance.

JF

Joshua F.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Project Scheduling for the remodeling industry.

We've been using Ganttic for our scheduling for a couple of years now. Most scheduling systems schedule by assigning resources to projects, but Ganttic allows us to schedule the projects to available resources. They are also constantly adding features. The latest we've implemented is an automatic email to our subcontractors of the schedule so as to keep them informed.

Cons

Hi Joshua! Thank you again so much for the good feedback. Feel free to contact us at anytime if you have any questions or recommendations.

Alejandro R.

Mining & Metals, 11-50 employees

Good resource management tool overall

Move on from an excel sheet

Pros

- Good customer support - Good for scheduling resources - Customs reports - Custom charts - Unlimited users - Access profiled users

Cons

- No team communications - No file attachment feature for resource sheet - No batch operations - Some UX bugs

Hi Alejandro! Thank you for the feedback that you provided and I am glad that Ganttic works for you. I will try to answer the questions that you had. 1) Like in all SaaS services bugs sometimes occur and we are sorry that this has happened with you. Usually they are fixed within one working day. However, if this problem still persists, feel free to contact us at anytime with this issue. 2)...

iB

ines B.

Architecture & Planning, 51-200 employees

Very interesting product taht could be easily upgraded to fulfill more specific needs

Pros

user friendly and easy to implement very useful in pandemic context

Cons

to find the right combination of charts or data to use for an architectural firm

Hi Ines! Thank you so much for the feedback and review you provided. When you have any more questions about Ganttic, feel free to book a demo at anytime.

cc

carlos c.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Gantic Review

Very helpful in service planning

Pros

Visibility and organization are very nice.

Cons

Dates and calendar can be difficult to use sometimes

Thank you for the great review, Carlos! We are glad to hear that you see the benefit of visuality that Ganttic offers.

DB

David B.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

All we need is within Ganttic

We are a company with employees across the planet. We need to know where each employee travels to which customer, so we can schedule all our planning.

Pros

In a quick view we see what we need to see

Cons

We can not create events in batch for each resources

Hi David! Thank you for the feedback you provided. If you want to create an event (task) for a batch of resources then next to each resource we have checkmarks. Just check them while creating a task. This should solve your problem.

MG

Marianne G.

Great resource tool with flexibility to make it what you need it to be.

Pros

There's a lot of room for customization in this software - so you can create what you need to to suite your needs. Dependencies are an added feature.

Cons

Task colours seem to change pending what calendar view you're looking at. The filtering at the top can be confusing. Wish there were templates/samples one could view and assess best approach to take in Ganttic. Leaves so much to the person using it - that examples would help.

Hi Marianne! Thank you for the feedback that you provided. I will now try to answer the questions that you had: 1) I feel that the colors the problem was that after hitting "Apply" you did not save the view. When you have saved the view, then the colors do not change. 2) Thank you for the good advice. I will talk with the management in this regard. Moreover, we are more than happy to go through everything that might still be confusing, for this, just sign-up for a free Ganttic demo from here: https://www.ganttic.com/personal-demo

AH

Alan H.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Great Resource Management Tool

Initially, Ganttic was heavily geared towards project resource mapping, but as it has developed, it's morphed into a solution capable of catering to general resource management - now they just need to get calendar integration and they'll be the perfect solution!

Pros

Ease of use, graphical interface

Cons

no integration to outlook, no real auditting (easily available)

Hi Alan! I guess as you know, now we have also the calendar integration, both with Outlook and Google. I hope this works for you :) Read more from here: https://www.ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/resources/google-calendar-synchronization

ER

Emma R.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Surprisingly great!

I was reluctant initially to go Digital, but have found it a great tool for scheduling and for the sharing of information.

Pros

Usability. Sharing of information. Info is mobile on the laptop.

Cons

Sometimes there is a 'click' delay.

Hi Emma! Thank you for the feedback. I believe that now all the performance related issues should be solved :)

dm

dickson m.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

ganttic review

allocation of resources has always been a thorn in the fresh for most project managers. this at times leads to wastage of staff time, pilferage of materials end so on, but with a plan by ganttic, you can only bring necessary resources to site when required.

Pros

it gives you a bird's eyeview of your project. its ability in as far as resource allocation makes project management looks easy as tasks and resources are well planned and execution jus follows the cleared path.

Cons

may lead to reluctance in management of the project as project manager may be satisfied by the plan and gives false comfort which eventually leads to project failure (comfort zone)

Dear Makombe, We just wanted to thank you for the constructive feedback. When we can help you with any questions in the future in regards to resource planning, feel free to get in touch at anytime.