RationalPlan Logo

RationalPlan

Easy to use and affordable project management software

RationalPlan Reviews

User ratings

4.4

• Likelihood to recommend8.62/10

See full reviews by rating

DD

Don D.

The support from the team was excellent and my overall experience was good and I would recommend it to people who are actually running "manageable" projects.

HG

Howard G.

It was easy to use and provided the best results. Professor did help but everything seemed easy after this software was started to used in the class.

SR

Sandeep R.

I have a very old Mac that lost its hard drive. When I tried to download RT to the new hard drive it would not load the latest version due to the age of my OS.

JS

Jim S.

I was getting an error about having tasks outside the project date range but couldn't find it. It was actually in the Info section for the Estimated Start Date.

LR

Laurel R.

Another thing I find bad is when I change tasks duration/resources/manhours. I would kike it to be in "full manual" control if I want.

AM

Alfonso M.

RationalPlan users...

How would you rate RationalPlan?

Rational Plan

I like rational plan. The price is very good compared to some of the other project management software options. Be aware that there is a lot of manual entry that needs to be done in order for it to work for you, but once that is complete it works great.

Pros

Price and ability to create quality timelines

Cons

A lot of manual entry especially at the beginning of a project.

Suitable for professional use!

Suitable for professional use!

Pros

Nice multiplatform interface Server allows resources to report their task completion Customer support very helpful and responsive

Cons

No automatic planning based on task's work and resource availability, but it's the only thing missing from MS project, for a fraction of its price Some UI can be counter intuitive, but that's OK

all it takes

I use it to setup a first plan for my projects. So I don't use its full potential, but it has all it takes for me.

Pros

works on mac

Cons

I think that MS Project is more powerful

Software which impresses

OK, so it takes a little time to understand how it works, but then... Clients have been very impressed with the outputs and I discover more features with each project I start. It is excellent value for money and the updates just keep rolling in so that I always have the most current version. One of the best software purchases I have ever made - a great investment.

Complete tool

Rational Plan is a powerful tool for project management, with many features like Gantt Chart, resources allocation, priorities e risks. Complete!

Pros

Many features

RationalPlan

We use this product to create schedules and timelines for our projects. I've found it helpful as a central location for project info such as scope and budget. We use this to also create gaunt charts and timelines. It is very helpful to get the whole team on the same page, also if the time line shifts it shows where corresponding items will have to shift to.

Great Alternative to Microsoft Project

This app is everything you need for mpp files. Great value and easy to use. Also easy to print PDFs.

Pros

Ease of use and price.

Cons

No problems yet.

Great product

Rationalplan is a great, flexible planning software package. It doesn't have the big brand name on it like MS Project, however, it offers superior performance and more functionality, in particular the possibility to schedule work at a percentage of someone's time - a big gap in that big brand product. Customer support is really good and helpful, with knowledgeable staff.

Cons

Simple and highly accurate schedule creation application

It is a very powerful tool for individual to medium sized schedule management and WBS management. A wonderful point can be modified very smoothly and can be done very smoothly. Printing is also beautiful and it is excellent as handout materials. It is the point that it is easier and easier to read materials than anything else.

A nice alternative at Microsoft Project

The only thing about this software is the price. For the rest is a optimal solution for project management.

Pros

Feautures

Cons

Price

Better than MS Project

I'm a Mac user and I needed software to create a Gantt Chart for a project. There is no MS Project for Macs, so I tried Rational Plan. I am very pleased with RP's ease of use. and interface. It took ten minutes to learn to use it.

Pros

Works with Macs and it is easy to learn how to use it.

Excellent For Production Scheduling

I purchased Rational Plan after trying all the big web based names because the program is inexpensive and does simple scheduling very simply. I run a small custom architectural metal shop and the program has all the features I need for a simple production schedule including fabrication, external vendor timelines and installs. Being able to add resources and get realistic estimates on delivery dates has been key for me. Thanks!

Pros

Simple and inexpensive

Cons

U.I. is not very polished

Good project manager

I am not sure project managers as I have seen them is what I am actually looking for . However, of all I have looked at I do like Rational Plan. It has a lot of features well laid out, nice facebook page and decent online manual.

Pros

Nice layout and features

Cons

None

Great tool for short money

This tool is very close to MS Project, but at a fraction of the price. It is project management focused and user friendly.

Pros

Robust functionality

Cons

Interface could be more professional

Great Option for Small Business

I'm not a project manager, but often need to review project plans from clients, or plan out project timelines etc. In every case over the past couple of years, Rational Plan has been the perfect tool for the job.

Pros

Lost cost, easy to start using

Cons

RationalPlan is a very convenient alternative to the more well-known project planning software.

RationalPlan is so intuitive that I have never had need for customer support since purchase. More effort needs to be put into advertising this software so that more people become aware that they have an alternative to the more well-known software packages which may be too expensive for an individual user. Functionallity is superb.

Pros

Ability to read some common files generated by other common project planning software

Cons

Great software for start-up company

We are using RationalPlan to manage our three big projects. It is really simple and powerful tool for everyone. Lot of options inside give us a choice to precisely control all changes of time line project. Great value for the money you pay.

Brilliant project management software

I would like to thank the team at Rational Plan for developing such easy to use but yet powerful planing software and the customer service is extraordinary. I would most certainly recommend to anyone looking to manage multiple projects to check this software out.

My feelings on RatioalPlan

I moved from Microsoft MS Project to Rational Plan because I migrated to MacBook Pro and it was easy to install under OS. I found the Rational Plan very similar to MS Project and very friendly to sue. Kind regards José

Business User

Easy to use. Accesses most resources we were looking for. Would recommend to other business people seeking similar resources. Wish more research software companies would use similar process. Seems like it is up to date.

inexpensive alternative

the software provides the features we really need. competitors may offer more, but to us this is not from practical relevance. data exchange with competitors can be difficult, the support helps quickly and competently. very good value for money.

Best project management software

For it have what I require. There was sime problem with Hi resulition screen. But the support was really good. Also when I had some ither questions they answered quick. Even at hilidays and evenings.

Ease of Use - Missing Function MULTI

Dear Sirs, I have thoroughly tested your product and found it very intuitive, however especially for a Multiproject plan it is necessary that one and the same ressource (Person) can have different pricing ( e.g. internal/external project/special price project) but is only limited with time per day. I think it would be better to allow a cost change within the project and to eliminate it at the ressource or make the cost more flexible with more prices to choose.

Cons

Thanks for the feedback Elisabeth, this is on the to-do list but I can not commit for a due date yet as there are a lot of things on the server version

Rational Plan

This is an economically priced practical planning software. I use this software on projects and find it has an equal footing to most other softwares used for planning and scheduling.

An excellent solution for a Mac User in a PC world

I have used this Project software on a number of projects where MS PCs were the dominant platform. As I am a Mac User in a business world, RationalPlan bridges the gap for me easily.