Tick Reviews

Pros

One thing I like is how easy it is to use Tick. Another thing I can say is it tracks my time against my budges, so that it gives me the chance to stay profitable.

Travis W.

It is also very applicable to what I needed it to do. The feature I like best is the Timecard.

Jon G.

This software is so easy to use and is extremely affordable. This has probably been my favorite time-tracking software to date.

Madison C.

Cons

I dislike that I cannot restart a timer once I've entered it (usually on accident). I also dislike that the enter button is green for long I was hitting it on accident thinking it is start.

Sierra W.

There are a number of bullshit thins. I face onerous problems in this software.

muhammad a.

The timer that used to stay while working is gone and this feature alone was a huge annoyance for those who bill by the hour and have to keep accurate track of time.

Arwa N.

1,420 reviews

Basic time tracking app

Transcript

Adam: My name is Adam. I'm a chief strategy officer. I give Tick four out of five stars. For more reviews...

Tick-I Approve.

With my busy schedule,Tick has helped me in tracking my time in relevance to achieving my set goal.It's easy to use and amazing add on for basecamp

Pros

For a busy person ,bad with keeping track of time like me,Tick is the solution.The accounts and projects are flexiable and very easy to set it up.It helps in easy tracking of time by indicating the time allocated,time billed and the remaining time hense enabling the user hit the set target.It's easy to import projects and add different tasks and produce detailed time reports by company project and task.one can easily retrieve the data and add to pivot tables to graphically view where time is spent.The best part of it is,it intergrates well with project management software such as Basecamp which bring the time tracking and budget feedback into project management workflow.

Cons

Though it can be manageble,i find the process of editing past time entries from any of the summary views long and tiresome.It is also slow at sometimes when it comes for updating time entry field with the item clicked .

This product help me to work with my client easier.

Pretty well nice, this product done to help freelancer like me to make easier on project to my client.

Pros

the tool & feature is simple. the product have many shortcut for progress in project.

Cons

the UI or visual need a update or modern style for the better way to many people love it.

Switching from Toggl to Tick

We made the move to Tick because Toggl didn't provide an easy way to track the progress of a project or task. With Tick, we're able to see this, to an extent, while tracking time. However, this only shows up *after* you've "entered" time. So, there isn't a way to view the "estimated" time budget, factoring in the timer that's currently running. It would be a huge, AMAZING, help to be able to see this...

Pros

Time budget tracking right in the time tracker.

Cons

Doesn't have a good, easy to use interface. Time budgets are visible or represented until timers are "entered" almost defeating the purpose of showing them in the timer in the first place. Doesn't have a native desktop app, only a sorry excuse for "something". Time can't be inputted based on time of day.

Serviceable Time-Tracking App

Pros

Tick allows you to track time to projects, broken into as many sub-categories as you need to encompass all the elements of that project. You can easily see a breakdown of your time and ensure that you're tracking the right amount of time to a day/week or project. It also allows you to set time budgets you can track against.

Cons

The reporting function can be a bit cumbersome; I wish it would automatically port to Excel or into more of a spreadsheet format, rather than a long list. It also will automatically create a "shortcut" menu based on your recent entries, so you don't have to scroll through all the projects/tasks to find the one you need to enter time into, but I wish that shortcut menu was customizable rather than auto-generated.

Makes tracking time spent on projects a breeze!

Tick has been a crucial find for me that helps me be more effective in my work and keep track of time seamlessly.

Pros

I use Tick daily to help monitor and track the time I spend on various projects. I do some freelance work that requires keeping track of hours worked on a project and would be lost without Tick. I love the plug-in for Google Chrome that enables me to easily start and stop the timer without opening another program or window. It's been a lifesaver!

Cons

If you want to have more functionality (additional projects, etc.) you may have to pay more for a plan with those features but it seems more than comparable with other software on the market.

Keep track of your working hours for a small fee.

Tick really is a great support for freelancers, that need to keep track of their working hours. Tick helps me to easily log in and out when i am working, automatically calculating my income and keeping track of my breaks.

Pros

Tick is easily accesible with your mobile devices. Thus you can keep track of your time even while working outside. With non-billable hours you can also keep track of the amount of your brakes to improve your efficiency.

Cons

Tick really isn't the prettiest application out there. Bulky windows and unispired colours make it appear rather unprofessional. Luckily though the functionality really is the important part with this application.

Simple Time Tracking Tool

It is a simple task tracking app and can be used for basic tasks.

Pros

The best thing about it is that it is very simple to use. You can keep track of your task progress by one click. It also provides 30 days free trial and can be integrated with basecamp and other multiple relevant applications.

Cons

It is good for basic task tracking but lack features of comprehensive task management application. Reporting also needs to be improved.

Perfect tool for every organization to track time

Pros

You can use the tool very quickly. It's good to make time for a project to make sure we really make the best use of our time.

Cons

Tick isn't therefore a mechanism about which I can complain. No drawbacks at all.

Tick Review

Overall, Tick is a solid time tracking software with only a few hiccups.

Pros

The user interface is intuitive and makes reaching goals interactive and rewarding. Seamless integration with Basecamp is a plus.

Cons

Pricing is a little steep for what I'm getting. The mobile app is buggy on my phone and didn't perform well.

Great timetracking

Overall is great, i am using allready 4-5 months and helps me a lot to organize my busy schedule.

Pros

It helps me a lot with my busy schedule. Great timecard feature. Very easy to use and set up all.

Cons

Interface should be improved to be even more easy for use, full version is a bit expensive.

I type in my time at the end of each day. I have never had any issues.

Pros

I almost always have the project name in my head - being able to autofill rather than browse keeps my mind from being interrupted. The same goes for the task - autofill beats browsing all the time, but it's great to know I have browsing were I to need it (1 time out of 20). The way each entry saves in an inline container all on the same page has always been helpful. I take shorthand notes on paper throughout the day of my time rounded to the quarter hour. Seeing everything at once helps me to confirm I didn't miscalculate hours.

Cons

The fact that it could be a little bit more but probably can't be. I'm a freelancer and use all kinds per studio. Tick achieves the time tracking capabilities I need at this office. As far as time tracking & reporting goes I find Harvest to be the best, you guys second. They're even simpler - at least on the the main level. You have them beat on the secondary level of autofill. If you wanted to...

Where have you been all my career, Tick?

Allows me to track my time quickly and easily. Saves time while making me look like a genius.

Pros

Where do I begin? Tick saves me an immense amount of time *and* it makes me look good doing it. Time sheets used to be druggery. Always playing catch up at the end of the week (or even end of the month!). The project management software I was using was a clunky solution at best. Other time tracking software was too expensive or was part of a larger ecosystem I had to buy into. Tick is an elegant stand-alone...

Cons

If I had to say anything less than glowing about Tick it would be that it's not the easiest to edit past time entries from any of the summary views. The user must find the entry in the task, note the date, and then navigate to the date. That's easy enough if you have Tick multiple browser tabs open but it is *one* thing I'd like to change.

Tick Overall Review

Tick is a great add-on for Basecamp. It provides an easy way to enter time for different projects. We use it in conjunction with Basecamp II. It is super easy to import your projects and add different tasks. i.e. For our projects, we assigned tasks such as Construction QC, Construction Engineering, Indirect Time, Meetings, PTO, Training, etc. Easy user interfaces to select project, select task and...

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

Needs the timer function back.

Hey Frankie, Thank you for reviewing Tick. We've added new phone apps and a Mac App to replace the old Adobe Air application. We also rolled out Basecamp 3 support early this summer so you can track time inside Basecamp 3 if you ever decide to upgrade. Thanks, Alban

Great For Time Tracking Across Several Projects

I work a job where I need to keep track of what I am doing across several projects all at once. Tick has been a lifesaver since our company switched over to using it. I love being able to run timers and switch between jobs and just keep running timers during the day. The interface is also simple and easy to use, without all the extra clutter that I don't need t be bothered with. Being able to easily...

Pros

Easy of use, simple time tracking

Cons

No longer have a desktop app with floating timer window

Seamless & simple

I live and die by Tick. The basecamp integration sold me initially, but I since moved off basecamp for PM and continue to use Tick for time tracking and recording details for invoicing clients. The accounts and projects are flexible and easy to set up. The application for Mac and Chrome are great for my standard workflow, and the mobile app is helpful when i forget to turn off the timer on my computer. It's all seamless. I have subcontractors who use it too, and all the timecards roll up to the correct projects. I recommend this app to any independent consultant or small agency I come across.

Pros

It's simple, flexible, and works really well across devices.

Cons

On the Mac app, if you click off an entry before saving it, i.e. to look up some details or a time stamp on an email, the information wipes out and you have to start over. that's the only quirk you have to remember--don't click off the widget before saving the entry.

Convenient, but with Help

For backstory, my team is gauging how long certain tasks take to better forecast where people should be assigned and when to start tasks. I'm used to keeping track of my hours and time spent per task for freelance work and have made a spreadsheet where I can enter the start and end time of a task, get the total HH: work sheetMM spent, and then it convert it to Decimal Hours through formulas. I...

Pros

I like the Recently Used sidebar for easy time logging. I had to re-do three weeks of entries and the Recently Used sidebar was definitely a lifesaver in that situation. It also makes checking into tasks much easier after the first entry. I really like the comments section as well. My team lead showed me the narrative I had constructed around a task because of the comments I had entered.

Cons

Time to Enter (decimal hours) and the Stop Watch feel a little too specific, but I mentioned previously that I'm so used to entering something like "9:00 AM - Start" and "9:47 AM - End" that I made a spreadsheet so I could enter start and end times, get the total HH: MM and have it convert to decimal hours through formulas.

Easy to use but painfully slow

I'm not sure if it's due to the very large number of projects/tasks we have at my company, but Tick has gotten slower and slower over the months, taking sometimes as long as 30 seconds for the time entry fields to populate with the associated project/task information when clicking a recently-used item from the sidebar. Aside from this, it's great! Simple, pretty interface that's very straightforward and easy to understand and navigate.

Pros

The simplicity is the best thing about Tick. We also use Liquid Planner and it is so bloated and confusing, seemingly only for the sake of being bloated and confusing. Tick is a welcome, refreshing sight to behold at the end of the day when entering time.

Cons

The ongoing slowdowns when choosing recently-used items from the right-hand sidebar. It can take up to 30 seconds sometimes in order for the time entry fields to update with the item clicked.

My company uses this just to track time spent on various projects and it works pretty well for us.

Time tracking that we can't do anywhere else on our existing project systems.

Pros

Works on via the web as well as software installed on Mac or PC. For a company like ours who use a variety of browsers and operating systems, this seems to work the same for everyone. My preference is the web interface as it allows me to enter time as I'm doing it, ahead of time, or after the fact. I use the widget on the Mac side to provide regular reminders to log my time, which is the kick in the tush I usually need.

Cons

With a lot of projects on the account, it can take a while to switch from entering time into existing projects to editing that project or creating a new one. Doesn't integrate with our other project software (or we haven't tried to do so), so there's no detail to the projects...just a reference to log the time.

I have already recommended it to others.

Over the course of the past 16 months or so that I have been using the software it has been very dependable. The feature that allows a user to pick tasks from previous jobs has been a big time saver during job set up. Tick is flexible enough to keep up with the varying needs of my large corporate as well as agency clients, each with their own unique way of keeping track of time. If you work with subcontractors,...

Pros

Pricing based on Jobs. Picking up tasks from previous jobs. The desktop and iPhone apps.

Cons

Price

While working on high-pace project, Tick helped us to keep to client calm and informed

Providing clear project status to the client traveling across the globe. Also helped with internal budget planning.

Pros

That was a middle-term project with people distributed across the globe. Part of team and client were traveling almost all the time. When we provided the client reports generated by Tick they say that it was just what they need. Client wanted to watch 2 indicators at a glance: time balance between different sub-projects/activities and budget spent. All that the client was able to access from his mobile phone (a few guys on client side used even Apple watch).

Cons

When I installed Tick app on my Android phone I found its battery draining much faster (w/o Tick app I needed to re-charge my phone every second day, but once I installed the app, I needed to make a recharge every day). When we started using the app, API worked unstable from time to time (invalid response arrived), but for the last 5 months that was not a case anymore.

Sturdy foundation - ready for upgrade.

Tick is fine- we use it in our company fairly easily. Can't complain. But I really think Tick is missing an opportunity. Everyone hates entering time. We're a busy company and it's really the last thing we want to do. The process is always like pulling teeth. There's no real reason aside from the fact that daily admin work is not exactly the strong suit of creatives. But, I think what would make Tick boom is some slick gamification. When FourSquare was still a thing, people in our company used to get to work early if only to keep their mayor status. It was a competition. If you could do the same badge system for time tracking (without compromising the actual tracking of time). Your platform would sell like hotcakes.

Pros

Does an efficient job at aiding in time tracking.

Cons

Pretty plain, fine to use but not enjoyable to use.

Tick Review

I use Tick everyday. It's great for our team. Helps us keep track of billable hours and sub-tasks within major jobs. At first I used Tick via the web, but have since moved to using the Mac app. I love the app, but the one thing I don't like is that when a timer is running it only displays hours and minutes. I think if it displayed seconds it would be more of an indicator that you have a timer currently running. There have been numerous times I've had to switch gears, focus on something else, and forgot about my running timer. It's mostly a human error, I know, but I think some UX change (maybe a change to the white timer indicator in the status bar to a pulsing glow?) to help keep in mind that a timer is running would be great. Overall, great product!

Pros

Simple, user friendly with a clean design.

Cons

Tick Mac app could better indicate a timer is currently running.

Great way to measure project speed.

Pros

Tick simplifies how our projects are tracked and budgeted, providing every employee with an idea of how much time is expended on every project. Resulting in increased productivity on the long run ,as employees are able to compare their speed rate on one project against another. Tick integrates well with Basecamp ,and it is so easy to import our projects from Basecamp into Tick.Likewise , making it very easy to estimate the cost of new projects and compare them with past projects we have done.It has a nice Chrome extension and can be used while on the move ,via mobile.

Cons

It is a whole lot of work trying to manage a project management program on one hand and using Tick on the other hand ,on a single project. Will be a good development ,if Tick can be upgraded into a full blown project management tool.

Pretty good time recording software.

Have been using tick with my company IDL Worldwide for sometime now. It has proven to be a valuable tool in keeping track of our billable time. Things to consider if you haven't already implemented them. Have a calendar view along side the week view to input time. Sometimes when going back to previous entry's it becomes hard to look back at older time entry's. Also it becomes cumbersome when I need to input the same entry for multiple days simultaneously, it seems i can't do that and have to still input day by day. I would love to see an option of selecting multiple days to input time, not that it would be a massive time save in entering our time, but speed increases in entering time and further progression with ease of use is always needed! Thanks Much, -Travis Auerbeck

Pros

Pretty user Friendly and easy to navigate.

Cons

See first review entry

Tick is an easy way to track your project and task and can also track the progress of project.

It reminds me to track my time and also reminds me about the progress. It can also import my projects and add various tasks in it. I can easily retrieve my data from it. It could prove the great app for the upcoming time in the business world.

Pros

It can be used easily and it’s the time budgeting. Its auto-fill feature for finding out project is something good. The data saving method of this software is always proved too good. I can easily see all the projects and task at a one place and it saves lots of time.

Cons

Its interface is not that good. Native desktop app is not available and the time can’t be inserted on time of day. People say that they found base camp and liquid planner way better than this software.