SimplifyEm Reviews

Pros

Because I paid for a lifetime membership at the lower tier, I can say that it suits my business needs just fine. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a great solution to their PM business.

Best for keeping expenses in a good place and running general reports. I like that the receipts for each expense can be loaded for easy access.

Kimberly M.

It's very simple to use and priced great. Their representatives are very knowledgeable and responsive.

Ty J.

Cons

The company automatically charged us for 3 ADDITIONAL YEARS after to did not renew our subscription. That's over $300 for a service we no longer needed.

Amara R.

I have to close the browser and log in again. The problem doesn't go away when I log back in.

Chad C.

I explained I was leaving the next day for Asia and would be gone for over a month and I was not taking a laptop. There was no way I could test the product until after I returned some 40 days later.

David J.

New user of SimplifyEm

As a long time Property Manager opening my own firm I was looking for an affordable Property Management software system that can grow with me, yet have all the functionality that I need now and later handle many properties as my business grows. I need user friendly for me and my owners and tenants. With good and understandable reports and statements for myself and my owners.

Pros

Very easy to use...user friendly. Does everything I need. Not alot of extraneousness.

Cons

It would be nice if the Security Deposits were not shown in the tenant balance. It needs to be a separate item when shown with the tenant info. Late fee needs to be able to be a fixed amount OR a % of the rent since leases allow for a % of rent amount.

SimplifyEm Review

My experience has been wonderful, I love it.

Pros

I like that it’s easy and it’s stupid proof. It’s simple.

Cons

Overall I only have two complaints. The first one being, whenever I’m entering the rent payments, I wish the date would default to the date I enter it in rather than defaulting to the first of the month. The other one is the font when printing checks is a little too small, I wish it were bigger.

Zero support & cheap with no VALUE

The software is not as easy as your sales rep will tell you. There is zero flow to the software process which makes it very confusing. For instance, if you submit an owner draw and record the owner draw, the software "should" automatically prompt you to go to "online payment" to process the draw. If you are new to the software and miss that step, it still appears as if you submitted a complete owner draw since the draw will show in your bank statement and in the bank balance however the draw is incomplete but there is NO notification showing you differently. This is the process with almost all functions of the software. I'm looking for a new property management software.

Pros

The sales pitch from our sales representative.

Cons

Zero support/Inadequate support. If you are lucky enough to receive a call back after two or more days, the customer support rep will ask you what you need and then they start telling what to do then have a nice day and they hang up. The call is very rushed. Not to mention they are on Pacific Standard Time, so if you are on Eastern Standard Time you have 5 hours for live support. The time frame for online payments, to your company or owner, is at least 5 days and if there is a mistake, you can add an additional 5 days to your process. You can write your property owner a check and send via mail and the payment will arrive quicker than processing through this software by our experience.

Hi Tonya, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are known to be easiest to use and known for our customer support. Customers appreciate the customer support they receive from us as they know similar to your experience with another software company that SimplifyEm's customer support is a lot easier to reach. We have been providing outstanding customer service for the past fourteen...

SimplifyEM

It’s been a very satisfying experience. Customer service has been a huge help.

Pros

The ease of use through all aspects of the program.

Cons

I haven't ran across any cons at this point.

SimplifyEm met all my property management needs

As a vendor that offers free training and also support through the phone and via email, SimplifyEm support is very easy to contact. It has helped me get organized and automated right away to fit my specific needs.

Pros

SimplifyEm has been the answer for managing my residential rental properties. Because it is a web-based application via the Internet, I can access it from anywhere, anytime. As a property manager, I have automated tracking income and expenses on each of my properties, charging fees, handling tenant balances, collecting payments online, and communicating with tenants through tenant portals and notices....

Cons

SimplifyEm’s accounting module manages accounts payable and receivable and monitors any recurring charges along with a complete transaction history. I use QuickBooks for payroll and can easily export other transactions. I use the banking feature so I can print checks, access bank accounts, perform reconciliations, view bank balances. I had to adjust the margins.

Great cloud Property Management Solution

Pros

What drew me to this software was the price to value ratio. I had been researching for some time how to get the best value for my money when using PM software for my PM business. I had been using other software in the past but they lacked the functions that this one offered. I have been using this software for more than 3 years now and have not looked back. It offers me to send owner's all kinds of reports, log expenses and income accurately and much more.

Cons

I would say that the price for the higher tiers need to come down. There are some functions that the lower tiers would need that should be included in those tiers.

Does Most of What I want

Their support division is fairly good. They are better at answering emails than the telephone.

Pros

This program was good for multiple properties. Best for keeping expenses in a good place and running general reports. I like that the receipts for each expense can be loaded for easy access

Cons

I wish they had a phone app to add things easier in the field. Also, I wish there were a few more reporting options like one with line items below the general category.

SimplifyEm - First Time User

Overall my experience has been pleasant. In the beginning, I feel like the salesperson and trainer moved very quickly explaining the features and it's hard to retain a lot of the information. However, I've always been able to contact customer service and receive a quick response via email. The customer service is pretty great and again, it is a positive feature for this company

Pros

In the beginning, some of the features were not as intuitive as I thought they should be, but I've always been able to contact customer service and receive a quick response via email. Now that I have been using the platform for a few months, I find it a lot easier to navigate. Not to mention, the price is very affordable especially for someone like me with only a few properties and they have great customer service.

Cons

It would be nice if there was a mobile app available for both iPhone and Android. It's not very easy viewing the website from a mobile phone. Also, it was a little challenging for my tenants to set up. My tenants had a lot of questions and I literally had to search YouTube for videos. It would be nice if a setup video or something is sent when the tenant signs up. Or, if the owner/property manager is trained to walk the tenant through the process

SimplifyEm Review

I’ve been very satisfied with it so far to be honest. It’s been a pleasure using it and it's super intuitive. I do property management professionally with another company and I use this for my personal business and this is more intuitive and easy to figure out. Again they are able to create any clarity if there are any issues or questions.

Pros

The ease of use is the best. Compared to Quickbooks, they aren’t a property management platform, you have to massage it into a property management platform and Simplifyem is built for property management. The look, feel, and tabs are all spelled out for and designed for property management whereas Quickbooks is not.

Cons

I don’t have a lot, and it's super minor. I would love to be able to track HOA violations. I cannot find any major pet peeves. If there's anything I can't figure out, SimplifyEm is always there to help.

my experience

good

Pros

The dino was a great addition to the program

Cons

The insurance button comes up too much Every time you turn around it reminds you about insurance

SimplifyEm Simplified My Life

I am an accidental owner of rental property, and SimplifyEm has truly made it easy.  The ability to easily track all of the information and being able to generate a tax report at the end of the year has taken the fear of failing a tax audit.  It has reduced my paperwork significantly, and there are fewer errors as SimplifyEm keeps track of every aspect of the management of our property.

Pros

SimplifyEm allows property managers and landlords to keep track of a multitude of their responsibilities including work orders and repairs, rent/lease payments, lease documents, create invoices, track deadlines, and many more features.  SimplifyEm also allowed me to send emails, rent reminders, rent receipts, and notices.  SimplifyEm’s ease of use is one of its best features.  The interface makes it intuitive to use to even those like me who aren’t experts in technology.  The software seamlessly works with Excel and QuickBooks, so you can export to those programs easily if necessary.

Cons

Initially, when I started using the software, I had to call support couple of times. They were quick in answering my questions or responding to me on weekends. I wish they would add phone support over the weekend as some of us like to catch on some work on weekends.  SimplifyEm has many features such as work orders that are not of value to a property owner like me. If there is a way to hide these features, it will make the application even more easy to use.

Easily manage properties with no hassle

The core benefit for me is the automation – Instead of having to do the same things over and over again on a monthly basis, SimplifyEm helps me do the things that I had to manually do before.

Pros

The software minimize issues with the burdensome and time eating tedium of tracking income and expenses on every single one of my properties. One of the best things is being able to view the dashboard and be able to not just be a passive recipient of information but also being able to actively charges fees, keep up with the balances of tenants. I've found that communication with tenants is usually difficult when reaching out and keeping track of who did this, who needed extra time to pay, etc. With SE, I have been able to streamline a lot of it and minimize communication on my end and those who help me. Me and my team can pick up where the other has left off.

Cons

Another major concern I had was being able to adapt to the software, we've had experiences in the past where it took months to adjust and I was even more confused after trying to use something that is supposed to help me out and MINIMIZE my time spent on this. The experience with SimplifyEm was much better, no issues in how to use the platform, it was much more intuitive. I was able to pick up the app and run with it. I wish the company adds even more FAQs as I had to call support few times.

I am on the fence about this software.

Pros

It is easy enough to use expect for the part of managing leases for Ontario, Canada. Easy set up of new properties, landlords and tenants.

Cons

You need to get a 1-800 number so I can call at any time but because I am a Canadian client, I am not able to call the U.S with my phone plan. Emails don't always get conveyed properly. Need to have a choice to the lease information whether you have a security deposit or last month's rent deposit. The latter is missing. This would make our process so much easier. Need to have an auditing trail with...

Hi Chantal, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are happy you found the software easy to setup and use. It looks like we could have done a better job meeting your needs as a Canadian user though. Security deposits are currently supported for U.S. situations. Last month rent deposit can be tracked, but it could be handled more smoothly for the Canadian market. Owner Statements show...

You get what you pay for

Pros

The price is phenomenal. If you are an owner with a few properties, this is ideal.

Cons

No customization, very limited reporting, doesn't have bank reconciliation reports, extremely limited GL codes. Also, they will tell you their software supports functions, then try to walk you through a "work-around" to get it to do what you want. Not sufficient. If you get audited by the state (very common in WA), good luck with this software!! It's too simplified, limited functionality and not intuitive in the least. Once you get in and start using it, you can figure it out, but it just never feels smooth. Also, some things are too easy to enter, and therefore, too easy to mess up. Dog walked on my keyboard one day....... To say the accounting is robust, I think that's a misunderstanding of the definition of that word.

Hi Tiana, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your kind comments regarding our pricing and our excellent support team, but it looks like we fell short on meeting your expectations. It appears there was a request to add a large amount of HOA units to your existing account (a one year old account with residential properties). We discussed that HOAs are something we are looking...

Easy to use property management software

If you aren’t tech savvy and want to save time each month, this software will help you a lot. I like it as it has made property management job easy.

Pros

Simplifyem is a simple and straightforward property management software. Everything is categorized in sections so you’ll never get confused especially if you’re not tech savvy like myself. It’s easy to set everything up and doesn’t take long. There’s a bunch of reports and I love how they’re so easy to run. At the end of the month, I can quickly send out owner statements. I also send out...

Cons

None, software works as expected and the functionality is easy to use which will be of a benefit to non tech savvy users

A Huge Time Saver!

This is the perfect app for someone who needs a place to track tenant information and leases while keeping a history of past tenants and what work orders and requests have been submitting while consolidating expenses. The tracking of all tenant communication in one place makes so easy to lookup information and avoid any miscommunication and legal issues.

Pros

As a property owner, SimplifyEm has decreased my workload and saved time. I can easily see work orders and expenses at a glance while collecting payments and see all tenant communication in one place. I like how I can set up rent reminders to invoice my tenant every month automatically. This has helped get rent on time every month. SimplifyEm has freed up my time and streamlined my property management tasks into a manageable process so that I spend less time on managing property.

Really, simply fantastic

Need to write a check to a vendor? Click. Need to enter a check from a tenant Click. Need to generate a report combining rent, repairs and other factors so you can know where your profit and loss is? Click. Really it’s a fantastic software works for landlords like me.

Pros

SimplifyEm is really, simply fantastic—for landlords like me, mostly because SimplifyEm makes the mundane automatic, and the difficult simple. There are many factors, every day, that I have to deal with, and SimplifyEm combines the all. Everything is connected. The system alerts you to a whole host of things, so you can see at a glance what tenants have paid, which are currently late for rent, which repair tasks are open, and various other factors.

Cons

The software enables export to QuickBooks and transactions to a spreadsheet. In future, I hope it enables export of all reports to spreadsheets

Good Support. Bad Product

We had a lot of trouble setting up the system and needed to contact support regularly. They were helpful, but it was still extra work to have to do that. I explained the difficulty I had with the rental process and told them that I didn't want to use SimplyfyEm anymore and wanted a refund. I was told that since I was past the 30 day refund period, they wouldn't give me my money back. I explained that...

Pros

I appreciated the support team. They were usually very responsive.

Cons

I tried to send the application to potential tenants when I had a vacancy. Of the 41 applications I sent out, I only received 2 back. I had to go back through all who had contacted me and ask support to send them a special link. After trying to figure this out for a week, I used my old application and sent it out to around 18 people. Withing 12 hours I had 6 responses and within 48 hours, I had 12 responses. Less than a week later I had the apartment rented out. I was concerned at this point with the rest of the system if it didn't produce results for the basic function of sending and receiving an application. The product simply didn't work.

SimplifyEm Review

I really liked this software and it was a close second to Rentec Direct. I chose Rentec Direct because of the maintenance capability, rent paying and marketing aspects that was a good fit for our portfolio. Also, Rentec Direct was a little cheaper in price but after the demo, I would have been happy with Simplify Em too!

Pros

I was demo-ing property management software everyday for 2 weeks. It came down to Simplify Em and Rentec Direct. I loved them both and fit our needs as a small start up company.

Cons

Not all the features are user friendly but the customer service dept quickly and efficiently handled all issues!

Hi Patti, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are the most affordable, full featured property management software starting at $10/month for managing 10 units and are known to be easiest to use. We have maintenance and work order tracking, online payments, and rental advertising as well. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with the customer service you received. We've noted your feedback and forwarded it. Best, SimplifyEm Team

Simple yet Satisfying

Pros

This management software was better than I gave it credit for. It was the first software I used before switching to a more robust (read: costly) system. For the price, I think SimplifyEm is the best bang for your buck. While it doesn't seem intuitive at first, It's much easier to work with than some of its more complicated competitors.

Cons

It did not have a standalone app and relied on their mobile website to support my mobile needs. It got the job done, but it wasn't nearly as seamless as it could have been. SimplifyEm also doesn't offer some of the training that other software options offer.

Good for basic PM software

Pros

Fairly easy to use. They have great customer support and always willing to walk you through issues. Overall it's fairly easy.

Cons

They just have basic reporting. If you want to really analyze your property this is not the software for you.You can get a Rentroll and Tenant Late Report but that's about it. They don't have a vacant listing or make ready status or occupancy percentage. I believe if they can develop better reports - this program would be awesome. Don't get me wrong it is a great simple program. That is why it's called SimplfyEm.

I love this software. It keeps me organized and is so user friendly!

Pros

SimplifyEm knows just what I need to organize my rental business . I don't use all it's features, but it is nice to have everything at your finger tips. I get what I need and much more from SimplifyEm.

Cons

There is "nothing" I don't like! The technical support team is fantastic to work with. I don't need support often but if I do need help, they are quick to answer the phone or quick to call me back! The support staff are very professional and polite. The program is very easy to use.

Making Life Easy!

Pros

It relieves me of the stress of the accounting work. Math is not my strong point! I did all my trust accounting by hand for over 20 years. I tried other property management software and found myself confused and overwhelmed. Simplifyem is easy to understand and use. If I get stuck, I call customer support and they walk me through it. Representatives are always polite, friendly and professional. Now, I can focus on taking care of my clients' needs better.

Cons

It would be nice if owners could request statements and invoices on their own without my having to publish each individually.

For the non-bookkeeper types

My bookkeeper has everything in Quickbooks, but I have no idea how to get a meaningful report. This program makes it easy to see how each and every property performs.

Pros

Ease of use. I am a visual type person. Tracks everything and gives me relevant reports. Let's me see which properties are the better performers and helps me fine tune the others.

Cons

Not all functions are obvious. I've had to call tech support a few times, but they were great at walking me through it.

Makes management a whole lot easier!

I love using the software since it keeps on top of all my properties and any pending items I need to do or charge!

Pros

It´s simple to use, ready when I need, great features and works in all of my daily management tasks. I´ve become more organized with billing and have more time attending my clients one on one. It´s all in all made my small business & life much easier. Thanks so much!