SportsEngine Reviews

4.37/5 (84 reviews)

Gerry Byrne

When in doubt go for the GOLD standard!

Reviewed 2018-08-08

I am a long long long time user/patron of their product and I have had the best time dealing with their team of account managers and techs. The single best attribute of any company is their ability to take criticism and turn it into a change and a positive experience for the user/customer. They've grown and evolved. Most companies don't, let's be honest. I actually enjoy the interactions with them. I've grown to know some of the individuals that work there over the years and seen then not only excel but also be appreciated by the powers that be. They take a team approach to their employees. They also have fun with the sporting events like the Pond Hockey Tournament that they co-sponsor. SportEngine is a community not just a supplier/provider. I will likely always be an advocate and customer of theirs as long as they continue to evolve and nurture their relationships as they go. What I enjoyed and valued most about SportsEngine's sites and software is ease of use and versatility. For someone who is tech savvy (one way of saying it) or someone who is functional at best on a computer this company has something for you in their product. You can easily modify and populate a website for the barely functional individual... or you can rock an excellent sports site with tons of integrations and modifications that are all accessible at your fingertips.

Carl Rendell

Having looked at and used many League Management platforms, SportsEngine® beats everyone hands down.

Reviewed 2017-06-21

As the Webmaster and Registrar, my personal benefit has been the ability to remove myself form the day-to-day changes to the website. In our old site (we had for 6 years), the page content had to be edited in HTML (web page base language) to work the way we needed it to work. As a result, I (the webmaster) was the only person with the qualifications to make those changes. With SportsEngine® I've been able to empower a good number of the board members so that they can make changes to an area of the site, post news, and send league wide communications. Not only does this reduce the workload for me, but allows the board members to get information out in a more timely manner. The 2nd benefit for us is the 'responsive design' templates. We found that the majority of our users interact with the website and league information on a mobile phone. Without responsive design it was impossible to interact with many parts of the old website. This factor was key for us looking into the future to create a sustainable website and tools. We certainly did not want to change websites again. Another key benefit that we hoped would deliver the expected results was the integrated mobile app. The app is free to all members, and is focused on the TEAM rather than the websites focus of the LEAGUE. We've been pleased to find that adoption of the app was rapid, and that families really leveraged the app as their daily platform for all things related to the team. We also unexpectedly found that we could leverage the apps built in notifications to reach parents with important league information (rain outs, field changes, game reschedules) where they may not read or simply ignore the same information in email form.So many pro's it will be hard to list them all. The ease of use is tremendous which makes it possible for most of the board members to contribute to the site during all cycles of the board year. Because the help documentation is so thorough getting new members up-to-speed and able to manage their own communication streams takes little time and does not require the league to have a 'webmaster guru' to support everyone. Another nice element is that that the site is 'data driven', meaning that all of the news, text, documents, etc. that are added are stored in a database so that you can change templates based on you're personal preferences without loosing any of the content you've created. The registrations work extremely well, and with the rostering functions make adding players to teams a simple and thorough process that can easily be handled by anyone who can use email. Dibs is an essential tool for managing volunteer hours and commitments and continues to evolve - as does every part of the platform - to make a larger impact over time. The other key feature for our league has to be the integration with the SportsEngine® app. One the season gets into full swing, parents and players utilize the mobile app for game times, practice times, league news, and team messaging. With the RSVP features, the app has become the key tool for our team managers, and team staff. There are many more pros that I could list, but there is a limit to what I can write!

Mark Maines

Parents love it ... rockstar support ... simple to use!

Reviewed 2018-03-28

We just ran a fundraiser through the site. 4421 individual products sold through a shareable social media link from our Sports Engine team page. We made money for our lacrosse club and I didn't have to lift a finger. They built it all as a registration. When it comes time for delivery I run one report and all the data is there. The interface is simple and user-friendly. Parents and players love the team stats feature! Great mobile App. Reporting is a breeze exportable .xls for everything you want to know. Registrations can be used for fundraising sales. Can't say enough about their support team and I manage a support team for a web hosting company. I could have built all the functionality myself but it would have taken months these guys have an out of the box solution at a reasonable price. Don't listen to the hater reviews they have no idea what it takes to keep an application like this running and are looking for free software that can't do what you need it to do. This stuff works and is reasonably priced!

Rod Shipman

We converted our complex custom operational sports web site to Sports Engine platform.

Reviewed 2017-06-21

Eliminated our Accounts Receivables, Game Scheduler to go to desktop, IOS/Android Apps, data base generator, Game registrations flexibility and each team registration communications as well as being flexible to enable our live game iScorecast to be incorporated into SportsEngine software. The ability to be able to take our unique custom operational sports platform and adapt it and SportsEngine adaptations to get to the end results we wanted thereof. We demand a lot of data both from an analytics but also to users data within the analytics while using other software modules in a fully desktop and IOS/Android apps platform for our club members. SportsEngine has worked with us as we have pushed their system to fit our custom applications and uses thereof. The end result is that we have greatly reduced our staff time on a weekly bases by over 75%. This is huge savings in preparing for a transition plan.

Randy Thunstrom

I have been the webmaster of the MN Selects Festival for the past seven years.

Reviewed 2017-06-21

The MN Selects were able to replace the manual registration process for approximately 700 players each year with an online solution that has built in reporting capabilities. So, in addition to managing our Festival more effectively in terms of time and money, we are also able to leverage various functionality to allow our coaches to track their registrations, assign jersey numbers, etc., as well as allow our Directors to track their regions teams at a holistic level. I had no prior experience as a webmaster when our MN Selects organization decided to pursue a company to help us manage our 40 team/680 player yearly festival. In a short time, we were up and running with a brand new website leveraging SportsEngine. I would say the most important aspect of the software is it's ease of use - the fact that an individual (and organization) with no prior experience was able to implement a solution so quickly clearly speaks to the strength of the product. In addition, equally as important to me/us as users, is the quality of the team's Customer Support. I continue to be impressed with the ease in which we are able to enhance and upgrade our site year after year thanks to the help of the SportsEngine team.

David Van Volkenburg

Extremely satisfied; fantastic customer service; easy to build a professional looking website.

Reviewed 2017-06-21

Platform allows us to build a world class website for a elite travel baseball program. SportsEngine has been a true partner from the original sales cycle to the design, build and implementation of our travel baseball site. Their outstanding customer service and support is world class. I'm a IT professional and work with many vendors and I would rank SportsEngine right up there with the best of them. They deliver a high-end product with incredible responsive support and assistance (and always with a smile). Our organization knew want we wanted and SportsEngine went above and beyond to ensure we were happy with the end solution. We were admittedly a high-maintenance customer and I never once sensed they were frustrated with accommodating our requests/needs. The SportsEngine community as been a great resource for us for new ideas and tips/tricks. The tools was easy to learn and fun to work with. The tool allows for an incredible amount of functionality. We believe SportsEngine platform and professional support has allowed us to build one of the top travel baseball sites in the country. The cost was super competitive to other platforms we looked at and if you look at the site, you would expect that it cost way, way more than what we paid for it. It's a great value through and through. We couldn't be happier with our selection of SportsEngine and we couldn't be happier with our ongoing partnership.

Kraig O'Rourke

SportsEngine is the way to go

Reviewed 2017-06-21

This isn't just website/marketing software! It's a web-based platform for running your entire sports organization. It's how we communicate, manage teams, organize events, accept payments and manage registrations. Want to get word out at the last minute about a cancellation? Use SportsEngine to broadcast the message by text and email, with a simple calendar update. Want to bill a parent for their kids extra lesson? Just send them a PowerPay bill online. You'll get paid online and have a record of the whole thing. To top it all off, the whole thing is backed by NBC Sports, so you get all kinds of free publicity at a National level and your organization looks like they've really got it together.

Adam Berge

Sport Engine has been great for my league since the first day I changed over to their website.

Reviewed 2017-06-22

First off, it's very professional looking! Which is a big selling point for my league. The look created legitimacy for my league. The support staff has been excellent to work with! From the Sales Representative and Account Manager I work with, all the way through Registration and Tech Support departments, all have been helpful, and prompt when doing so! I honestly believe the professional look of my website has given my business the edge over the competition in my market. And last, but certainly not least, the website is super easy for the user like me to edit, post pictures, video and content to my website.

Kip Tani

Database Doesnt Work They just take money

Reviewed 2018-09-04

The customer service has become terrible. The database was flawless till the end of June and now simply does not work.The program is a series of templates that you can manipulate for your specific organization. The system is fairly robust in the options and ways you can get what you need done.

Kim Greenhut

Proven technology, support is quick and they care about my site.

Reviewed 2017-06-25

Branding our Athletic Department. Great communication tool for messaging and the calendar. Parents and faculty at the high school LOVE the visibility and the professional look.Easy to use. Lot of room for creativity. Great communication tool. Great customer and technology support. Online DIY videos are very helpful! Unlimited photos and videos for parents is a big deal! Mirroring tools are valuable. The ability to build custom reports is very helpful. The look is very professional and has helped me "brand" our Athletic Department. When I need to talk to a real person, they are there for me.

Chris Willaert

SportsEngine is by far the easiest sports related software platform I've ever used.

Reviewed 2017-06-21

Ease of use, improved communication and much more. As the Director the Mankato Sports Commission as well as being involved at a volunteer level for numerous sports organizations I have been exposed to and had to use many different sports related software/website platforms. SportsEngine is hands down the best of any I have ever used. In minutes I can show somebody who has never used the software a few basic things and get them up to speed enough that they can easily help manage a website on this platform. I love that you don't need to know how to write code or really any technical aspects in order to make changes or updates.

Derek Ricke

SportsEngine has been a great partner and provider for our organization for nearly a decade.

Reviewed 2017-10-10

We currently use the software for our website, a mobile app, tournament software, background screening and online registrations.The best part about SportsEngine's platform is how easy it is to use. It is very simple for administrators who don't have a computer science or programming background to learn how to use the site and create a great online presence. Another great feature of this software is how it is being continuously improved. There are a number of features and functionality available today are weren't just a couple of years ago, and product enhancements continue to be launched frequently.

Jason Schwartz

Glad we switched!

Reviewed 2017-06-21

One stop app for all our team spanning multiple leagues. I can keep track of where everyone is play on any given day! SE has been actively updating its offerings either for their web platform or apps based on suggestions made by their users on their Ideas page. Can't wait to see what's next. We've been giving team managers more access and they love the team management features.

Chris Curd

Longtime customer on the SportsEngine platform

Reviewed 2017-06-22

I really like the ease and flexibility of altering the appearance of our site. The widgets make it very to use. Support team is very responsive and their developers seem to be consistently making improvements.

Jon Biedermann

Great Salesrep, Horrible, Clunky Interface and terrible email editor- stay away!

Reviewed 2018-11-14

(There must be a limit above)... but there's more bad news: The registration form must be built by 'SportsEngine Engineers'. There's no way to modify it yourself, and when you do add fields, weird things happen and people can't complete the form. Also, don't add fields like "Parent2 Email Address"... because you would think that means that Parent2 would get copied on email and nothing is further from the truth. Also, the system doesn't recognize registrations from the same family (if they occur separately). The result? No way to calculate a 'Maximum Charge" (In our league it's max $300/family)... This just results in more time wasted explaining the limitations of SportsEngine to parents. The system is cobbled together from a bunch of different technologies... for example, the website editor is different from the registration system, which is COMPLETELY different from the payments system. SportsEngine Sales People... YOU KNOW THIS IS TRUE. DON'T DECEIVE YOUR CUSTOMERS INTO THINKING IT IS JUST ONE SYSTEM. The support is basically chat only, and very, very hard to get a hold of a live human being. Bottom line, we've been using this two seasons already, and this is the last one as far as I am concerned. (Note: We serve around 1,200 families across a handful of sports including basketball, baseball, softball, volleyball, etc.) So if you are still reading this and somehow still considering SportsEngine, absolutely make sure you are shown how to do basic tasks. The ability to log in using Gmail is the saving grace of this software. I also like the admin edit mode (the only thing I like about the edit mode), where you can see what the website looks like as a user, and then change components of it. But that's about it.

Todd Glasscock

Best decision we made as a league!

Reviewed 2017-06-21

The main benefit is the ability to stay in touch with our membership base. I can send an email to all members about camps, upcoming seasons, schedule changes, stats, scores, playoff brackets, all kinds of benefits to choose from. When we started using the software we were a league of around 60 teams. Now we have over a hundred and counting. I do believe that parents love the ease of use and they can have their own team pages at no additional cost to the team. For anyone that knows how expensive a hosted website can be the cost of SportsEngine is nothing compared to what you receive. Unlimited photos, videos, calendars, team pages..... it just goes on and on. We have used SportsEngine going on 8 years and I can't imagine ever changing. It's just too easy.Online Registration, ability to post schedules, standings, playoff results, member database for future events and seasons. With all of our incoming parents they have grown up in the internet age. They expect to be able to have an online source to register, get updates, see schedules, pictures, videos and a lot more. It really does give us a competitive advantage over other leagues.

Brian Klinger

SportsNgine is terrific. The website design/set up was seamless. Customer support is outstanding

Reviewed 2017-06-21

Ease of navigating through the site. The website is very user friendly. From an administrative stand point, it's very easy to do the behind the scene adjustments/changes.

Mark Dragich

Our experience has been terrific. Great company to do business with, Highly recommend.

Reviewed 2017-06-21

Very user friendly and great support. SportsEngine team is always working on updates and continuing to make the software better. They have great knowledge of their products and their client's needs and work to produce great results. The online registration process has been a huge asset for our department.

Mark Struve

The big bully now...without improvements they will eventually disappear.

Reviewed 2017-03-08

No doubt this is probably the biggest most robust system out there, but the platform is clunky and becoming antiquated. They need a full rewrite or eventually someone will replace them with a more user friendly product.Sports Engine has most the features you want, can handle big data, and is somewhat configurable.

Brian Powell

Easy to learn and use with great features and integration

Reviewed 2017-06-22

Very easy to learn and use, even for non technical users. Integration is a big plus and saves time from manually having to perform certain tasks. Updated mobile app calendar integration is a big plus as well!

William Robbins

Best Website and club management system on the market.

Reviewed 2017-06-21

Great looking site, that is easy to manage, and a great system that manages the club registration and team's for me. The ability to manage a travel club all through the site and software is perfect for any team or organization of any size.

Rick Marshall

Sports Engine has made our registration and communication process very simple and easy to use

Reviewed 2017-06-28

easy of registration, a collection of data on families, a collection of dues, communications, app-driven for push notifications, interaction with photos, videos, game detail outcomes, player profiles, Simple and easy to use, mass communication made easy, very effective and simple to set up and use. Parents like the app as makes the notifications of upcoming practices, events, games, changes very easy to communicate.

Gary Wipperman

Sports Engine is a great company with a great mission to serve youth sports. Love the platform!

Reviewed 2017-06-21

Scheduling, rosters, and social media integration are just some of the best features. No coding knowledge is necessary but customizing the site is definitely possible with Css and HTML. Our families love the news feeds and mobile app. We also use the included DIBS service for volunteer management and online registration is a breeze and very customizable!

Kimberly Greenhut

Took on this project and Sports Engine made it easy and the support is fantastic.

Reviewed 2017-12-05

Parents at the High School LOVE the fact that they can be communicated with, the calendar is easy to read. And all forms and information is all in one place. Easy to use! Easy to train others to use. Tech support is very helpful. Helped me brand our Athletic Dept and families LOVE it! Easy to access and full of all the information parents need at our High School.

Melanie Wissore

Easy to learn and easy to use

Reviewed 2018-08-08

My experience with this company has been very positive. This is the 4th website company I have used since I've been in business (10 years). With all other companies I had to email them with changes and then depend on them getting done correctly. It was not an ideal set up and was more expensive. However, the software was more complicated than my non-techy brain could handle. Changing to SportsEngine was one of the best decisions I have made. I can quickly make the changes as needed, and I didn't need to be a computer programmer to learn how.This software did not take long to learn, especially with the assistance of the company. I love that it only takes me a few minutes to update information and replace pictures.