All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

ALLDATA

OEM automative repair and diagnostic software

ALLDATA Reviews

Pros

Software is easy to use and has a huge data base of information for our techs. We use it a lot and are glad we have it.

Daniel H.

Read the full review
The best thing about AllData is the ease of navigation and full information base including troubleshooting & diagrams.

Jeff K.

Read the full review
I would recommend AllData if you're familiar with the software already and know which parts are very reliable and which ones are not.

Julianne H.

Julianne H.

Elias L.

Read the full review
When i questioned them prior to purchasing this product they said it will be available shortly.seven months later still no upgrade.

John Z.

4.0

All in one program for Professional Automotive technicians!

A total access on electronics systems and repair procedure, what made me more precise in my work.

Pros

You can consult everything about DTCs, TSBs, General and specific characteristics about all automotive systems of almost all brands, Ideal for diagnostic tasks, repair, and maintenance, as well as technician references and shop procedures, Easy to use and browse because of its nice look and feel, It allows you to check the estimated periods of works, Available in multiple languages, Interactives schemas and It has support for mobile devices what makes easier the job for technicians,

Cons

The last versions just have online access, The license can seem too expensive, Some vehicles don't have total support.

Worth checking out

Although the prices kept going up the software had a lot to offer. Estimating and invoicing all in one.

Pros

This is software for Auto Repair shops. I love the fact you can look up step by step instructions on how to do a repair.

Cons

I didn't like the price of the software.

alldata flaws

fair. tech support is very good .but i can't keep calling tech support for simple problems ( too much time wasted)

Pros

the parts locating system.especially when i'm looking for a hard to find part that i was'nt able to find on other sysyems

Cons

i find their estimating portion is terrible. they tried to sell me an upgrade estimating program ( more money) & i found it to be useless& cancelled the free trial after 2 days use. also most repair programs offer licence plate to vin & car make & model. funny part is they are owned by autozone which utilizes this function.& when i questioned them prior to purchasing this product they said it will be available shortly.seven months later still no upgrade

Great automotive software but slow updating information

Alldata allows us access to valuable automobile information and service maintenance records.

Pros

I've used Alldata for the last 15 years. The software is easy to learn and use and provides valuable information necessary to our business.

Cons

We've had problems with system updates and accessing the latest vehicle information.

Complete Repair Information

It did the job when we had it, but regret not getting Mitchell1 to save money and ease of use.

Pros

Alldata has almost all the information needed.

Cons

The organization of the information is not very intuitive and can lead you down a deep rabbit hole that you find your way back to.

Repair guide for just about anything

Pros

I am not a mechanic. I am an IT manager for an auto dealership, and even I can figure out how to navigate my way into the repair manual for my Ford Focus. The diagrams are easy to read, part numbers are labeled, and electronic wiring diagrams are well laid out. The website is quick and responsive so that you don't sit and wait for something to load. It's a very worthwhile investment.

Cons

I have had a couple mechanics wish for the diagrams to have the ability to 3D rotate them so that they can see how things are laid out from a different angle. I have also not been able to find the repair manual for a DeLorean. I was hoping to locate the instructions for the Flux Capacitor.

Lots of Material to Use

Pros

For a vehicle store needing all the information about repairing a part in a car, this system really helps find the time it takes and a breakdown of the job. Great organization for the most part. Lots of parts available and systems to view in detail.

Cons

It could have more detail in some of the parts pages and easier ways to find parts that could be called different names.

Great Software

Pros

I like how diagnostics are at my fingertips. I can look up certain items on a vehicle or I can look up a code and either way I am able to gain all the information needed. It is easy to use. If I ever have difficulty or questions I call and they are so professional and help me right away.

Cons

I can't honestly say that I dislike anything about the program.

Gets the job done with little features.

It's a generic software that works but had lots of limitations.

Pros

Easy to use and train employees to use. Pc based using an sql server. Doesn't have long delays when starting up. Like the recommended services capability.

Cons

Lack of support for management program. No updating in last 5 years. System crashes daily and requires stopping app and then restarting. This is ridiculous and happens way too much.

Excellent community but some issues with accuracy

Pros

I love the AllData community. You can look up troubleshooting issues based on other technician's findings in an intuitive way. This is really useful when you need a quick solution.

Cons

It's very expensive for what you get. Also, the wiring schematics are not accurate (wrong color codings for the wrong circuit). As long as you don't rely on those, you'll be fine. It's a pretty big deal though if you rely on them, which can really damage a car.

AUto Repair Information

The new Alldata Repair is a HUGE improvement over the original & S3000. Yes it has color wiring diagrams. Everyone has THAT now. But with Alldata when you "click" on a wire in a circuit, it not only highlights that wire throught the whole circuit, it opens up ALL the other pages that wire is on. So you can print the WHOLE circuit without searching thru multiple windows. The user interface is different than S3000 and classic AllData Pro, but still has that same familiar feel. However the global search FINALLY works! In short I am really loving the newest version

Pros

The new Alldata Repair is a HUGE improvement over the original & S3000. Yes it has color wiring diagrams. Everyone has THAT now. But with Alldata when you "click" on a wire in a circuit, it not only highlights that wire throught the whole circuit, it opens up ALL the other pages that wire is on. So you can print the WHOLE circuit without searching thru multiple windows. The user interface is different than S3000 and classic AllData Pro, but still has that same familiar feel. However the global search FINALLY works! In shorrt I am really loving the newest version.

Cons

There was a short learning curve. Once I figured out to use the text box to let autofill take me where I wanted,.....

Search menus are a little cumbersome but not bad once you become familiar with it.

Our company uses it to find information on the car audio related side (steering wheel control circuits, radio, amplifier and safety/convenience schematics). Newer vehicles often don't have the information we need (vehicles that are within 3 years of the current year) but AllData is quick to send you requested documents to email (within 30 minutes) and the process to do so is rather simple. Sometimes we need an immediate answer due to having someone on the phone, so the wait when the info is not on the site is not always ideal.

Pros

Lots of vehicle information available with a few clicks on the site. When it is not available for immediate access, they are quick to send you specific information if you send in a request.

Cons

Newer vehicles don't typically have much information available and if you need it in a hurry, it is not ideal to do the information request and wait for them to email it to you.

Getting better every year

I find that you either love it or hate. I find it to be sufficient for what we need to do but at times it is found that labor times used will end up costing us labor hours due to the lower than normal posted times in the labor guide. However, the how to's and diagnosis help is great.

Pros

Ease of use, lay out and search options. Very easy to look up even complicated labor times and procedures.

Cons

Inconsistent labor times. We sometimes use a different labor guide because we find the labor times listed sometimes reflect only the warranty time and not the cash rate which is frustrating because some jobs can have a variance of 4-5 hours between alldata and the labor guides we have available to us. This is the case with most model year vehicles that have no been out for a minimum of 3+ years (i.e 2018 model vehicles have little to no labor ref right now on the platform)

one of the best tools if you own a repair facility

Being able to quickly access a hug database of everything i need to know to do repairs on any make and model without having to waste time looking through a book or using trial and error

Pros

I love the deitailed step by step instruction it gives you to do anything from replacing brake calipers to full engine rebuilds. it gives you torque specs, fluid and capacity specs as well as speciality tools and procedures

Cons

some of the exploded diagram pictures are blurry or hard to understand. not all information is avaliable on every part of a vehicle. it doesnt have newest car information

Alldata is a must have for auto shops

We have used Alldata in our shop since it came out many years ago. We are happy with it overall. I don't think there is another information database that compares.

Pros

Alldata keeps the user interface intuitive and easy to use. The data is quality, the depth of coverage is thorough and I can't imagine not having it at our shop.

Cons

On rare occasions information that we need isn't there. There is a time lag to get info when we need it. There is no totally complete information database but I think Alldata is close.

Alldata

Overall Alldata is a straight forward and consistent labor guide that is easy for anyone to use.

Pros

I enjoy the ease of use Alldata has compared to other repair programs. I also enjoy that Alldata gives you OEM part numbers on the same page as it shows you labor times for that part.

Cons

Some things on Alldata are sometimes scattered. There will be multiple links for the same repair and sometimes only one link will show the actual labor time.

Great Customer Support

I have had to contact customer support numerous times for various issues (each of those being inconvenient but pleasant given their helpfulness) so I'm not a huge fan of Alldata but will continue to use it for a short time in hopes that they update the desktop version.

Pros

It was very easy to implement and their customer support team is incredibly helpful.

Cons

It is frustrating that the desktop version only goes to year 2013 vehicles. It is very inconvenient. I'm not a fan of the options for running reports either.

Alldata is a must have

It is truly a must have for any automotive shop, it has great customer service and most techs destetadera how to use it

Pros

I really like Alldata for the immediate information it offers on just about every vehicle repair and parts. It is very informative.

Cons

There are time when looking up a vehicle for a labor rate and time, it does not offer an easy find and often you have to be more than a service writer to interprete the information

A Mechanics Best Friend

Definitely helps make the job easier, especially when your a new tech and don't have experience on a lot of different car makes and models.

Pros

I love the knowledge base it has for so many vehicles. I can't even begin to recount how many times I've had to refer to this when working on a car I never have before looking for torque specs or using wiring diagrams for tracing finding shorts and broken wiring.

Cons

The UI could use a little work but nothing major, was very quick to learn it but I feel it could still be easier because sometimes I have trouble finding a specific part location or R&R procedure.

Great tool for our shop

Pros

What I like most about Alldata is the fact that our technicians can log on and get vital information pertaining to a vehicle they are working on. Endless information is at our fingertips! Helps to streamline our workflow and as you know, time is money!

Cons

I don't like that there are restrictions about logging into Alldata. Sometimes, we need to access it in multiple places at once.

Great software for automotive shops

Diagnosing and repairing vehicles

Pros

Easy to use for diagnosing problems with vehicles. The software offers step by step picture diagrams when fixing a vehicle. The pricing for the hourly rates for labor is useful when giving quotes to customers.

Cons

The software is a little pricey to use, especially if you're a small shop owner. The software is not 100% accurate, but for the most part it works.

AllData my review

Accurate and quick search details when lo ok king for color codes of wiring so that I can find the issue's I'm trying to fix.

Pros

Access to all make and model schematics. Details are fully explained and easy to understand.

Cons

No cons best software out there. No cons

Makes vehicle repair easier for both techs and owner/operator

Pros

Instructional guidance is key to getting a car in and out for problematic diagnosis but that is where Alldata shines. Torque specs, fluid types and capacities, electric system flowcharts and schematics , just to name a few, all lend a hand to repair and Alldata has it.

Cons

Great software but expensive for us small shop operators..electrical schematics, while great to have for tracing wiring harnesses, are more "factory detailed" and can get a bit tricky to navigate sometimes. Some newer vehicles are also difficult to find info for on Alldata, but that could be vehicle manufacture fault of non info releasement.

Very black and white system

It’s been very easy and good we are happy with the purchase just wish pricing was a bit better

Pros

It’s very black and white and straight forward not hard to navigate. The diagrams are a huge plus for our mechanics

Cons

I wish they’d offer more for the price you pay

Information

Endless information of vehicles Super easy to navigate

Pros

The software is always up to date. Electrical wiring diagram excellent and color coded

Cons

When internet goes down no service. Buts it’s not there fault it’s isp

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.