Configure One

The World's Most Powerful CPQ Platform

Configure One Reviews

Pros

The ability to manipulate the interface to do what you need it to do. The ease of use is fantastic for the end user.

Marvin S.

The ability to customize the interface and the power the software gives to both our users and administrators is amazing.

Luke W.

Very good, easy to customize, easy to use. It's wonderful to convey its value to customer.

Cons

When we do have a problem its hard to get in touch with someone right away.

David S.

Missing some core features that required customization.

Jim M.

4.4

Great tool for custom solutions

We build and integrate custom power systems and this software allows us and our customer to select the correct parts and options. This also allows us to monitor the cost and profit margin for each project.

Pros

Cons

I really don’t have anything negative to say about this software.

Thanks you, we appreciate your kind words! We work hard on maximizing usability, and user adoption - I'm glad it comes through in your implementation!!

Strong partner

I always had a good relationship with Configure One Team, he supported me to match the business goals and build a new technology structure for the companies I worked in.

Pros

The software includes lots of functionalities and this helps to fit to different industrial sectors. It can be used worldwide harmonizing processes and documents in an unique platform. It can be integrated with CRM and ERP tools building a comprehensive user experience for both internal and external users.

Cons

Probably a new method to manage the translations must be considered, specifically user interface and quote template translations. Local support teams to be considered in the future.

Thanks for taking time to leave a review, Enrico, we always appreciate hearing from our customers about their experience with the product!! -Mick McDonnell, VP Product Development

Over promised and Underdelivered

Overall, they are very responsive, and relatively robust. They offer a suite of features, some more stable than others. Integrations with other software can be cumbersome, and buggy at times.

Pros

It was easy to use for a beginner to learn. The users are able to create input charts that drive by filter. This is a very useful tool if the users already have data driven tables. And you are able to import them directly into the application. With the right people you are able to make a quick implementation. Also, they give you direct access to writing queries.

Cons

Configure one offers a variety of features. Some of the features that our company was sold on, were over-promised and under-delivered; often needing customization that was costly, and buggy. Configure One tends to steer you in their direction for training and extra features that cost a lot of money, and may not be architecturally sound enough to support your implementation. If you use Configure One, be aware of what you can do with the out-of-box functionality first, before using other training.

Thanks for leaving a review, and for your candor. I would very much like to get to the bottom of your comments regarding being over-promised. Please contact me so that I can focus energy on making things right; please trust that we'll do everything possible to ensure you're amazed at our product and our service offerings.

Distribution

Pros

Configurator Cloud Based Link to Salesforce Ability to come up with templates.

Cons

The Amount of mouse Clicks required. Software feels optimized for Large complex configurations. Struggled with finding efficient ways of adding lots of salable items.

Thank you for taking the time to add a review, Nathan! We appreciate your feedback, both good and bad! While I'm not incredibly familiar with your implementation, have you considered Quick Entry (to quickly add successive configurations to a quote), or the e-catalog to quickly find and add non-configurable/salable items to quotes? Know that we're always looking for ways to make the product easier to use, and I'll share this info with the team so we can focus some efforts on the points you've made. Kind regards, Mick McDonnell, VP Product Development

Great guided quoting

Configure one streamlined our quoting process and helped us get new sales people productive more quickly.

Pros

Very easy to navigate through and build a quote quickly.

Cons

Minimal amount of supported CRMs that can work with it.

We appreciate your taking the time to submit a review and for the kind words you shared. Paraphrasing,but 'streamlining quoting processes and making people more productive' is at the core of what we do! Regarding CRM integration, for those products that we don't have a standard integration available for, we have an 'any to any' integration framework that you can use, or we can help you do it. Please let me know if you'd like to learn more.

Amazing Customer Service!

We have a highly customizable product that still must function within the bounds of industry standards and physical capabilities. Both of which are not the same. Configure One allowed us to reduce our quotation time to minutes instead of days for 90% of our quotes. The customer service during configuration and implementation was amazing. Our assigned consultant [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was quick...

Pros

The admin and user training is very thorough. The customer service during configuration and implementation is the best I've ever experienced from any software company. The software is easy to navigate and once the general software structure and processes are understood, it's fairly easy to configure and implement.

Cons

While comprehensive, the software is not a one-size-fits-all application. It would be unfair to expect it to conform to everything we do exactly as we do it. As with most software applications, compromises need to be made. With that said, Configure One does offer customizations that would have solved our needs but we chose to go the customer implementation route. Of all the configuration software we researched, Configure One met most of our requirements by a large margin.

Wow, thank you, Jessica, for taking the time to leave such a thorough review! I'm glad that our focus on customer service has shown through - we put a high premium on ensuring your success, and I'm thrilled that you've been impressed! - Mick McDonnell, VP Product Development

Easy to use, value tu get

Pros

I really like the hands-on approach to this program. The ability to actually configure (pardon the pun) and customize all the features is, in my view, important, very important.

Cons

I do not like the entry level price, it mean a cost too high to entry level for SMB. The licensing should be in my view lower to cost.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we greatly appreciate your feedback! -Mick McDonnell, VP Product Development

Configure One For Manufacturing

Experience has been great. The C1 team’s knowledge is second to none. They always help when we need it.

Pros

I like that it has the ability to be customized to fit our industry. We can make the program ours and create features solely for us.

Cons

Its integration with NetSuite. Which is not really Configure Ones fault. I wish there were more options and flexibility between the two partners.

Thank you for your kind words, as well as for pointing out challenges you've faced. NetSuite, and Configure One, continue to evolve our products to fill any potential gaps, and provide additional flexibility when a gap is identified. If you care to share specific examples where flexibility is lacking, I commit to you I'll ask my team to try to determine how we might be able to solve the problem.

Help with Machine Choice

We are trying to help our guide our sales personnel through a list of questions that will determine which machine is the proper machine to sell the customer. The hope is that, as we grow as a company, this tool will help distributors and new sales people to choose the right machine for the customer's application. We also hope to use this tool in the future to speed up the manufacturing process by integrating it with an ERP. Even though we only have one portion of this in production so far, it has already helped us re-evaluate and improve our current processes.

Pros

It is very easy to use. We were able to get portions of our configurator into production in less than 4 months. The team that I work with at Configure One are very helpful and knowledgeable.

Cons

The help menus do not have enough information. The HTML coding help menus also needs to be improved.

Thanks, Donna, for this feedback! While we're thrilled that you have been able to efficiently get the product up and running, I'll carry your comments about the opportunity to further expand the help files to our usability folks and focus energy on moving that area of the product forward. Regards, Mick McDonnell VP Product Development

Great Partner

Overall we have used ConfigureOne for many years now. It's a global tool, and deployed across multiple countries.

Pros

Good integration with Salesforce and a lot of customization possible if you have the skillset.

Cons

Expensive for custom projects if you want to taylor to your business.

Thank you for your feedback! We're glad that you've been successful with the worldwide deployment!! -Mick McDonnell, VP Product Development

Great Non-Based Programming Language Sofware.

Configure One product is very easy to use and to learn its functionality. It doesn't require to know specific programming Languages so that means companies don't need specialized programmers or developers to use this software. I'm Industrial Engineer and really just you need basic principles of programming to use this software. The following functionalities are helping to the company to meet with...

Pros

1.-The most important thing in this software is, the user doesn't need to know an specific programming language only the logic operands to create criteria and logic to select part numbers or validate scenarios. 2.-Easy to use and learn. 3.-Friendly screens. 4.-Easy to open multiple Windows/Tabs so you can work in different tasks at the same time. 5.-Software works with different Web Browsers like IE and Google Chrome. 6.-Routings attached to BOM skeleton to have a better control.

Cons

There are some basic functionalities that will be great that system can have it like: 1.-Parenthesis Validation on BOM Logic. 2.-Effectivity Rules on BOM Skeleton Maintenance and BOM Logic Item. In order to control changes. 3.-To have a better and faster search engine i.e. Item Master Maintenance, Where Used Report. Some browsers not have sequence order and It's so difficult to find the value to filter. 4.-Where Used Report for Driven.

Thank you very much, Jose, for taking the time to leave such a thorough review! The Configure One/Otis partnership goes back many years now, and I'm thrilled that your experience with the software has been positive! -Mick McDonnell, VP, Product Development

Configure One has improved our daily business operations significantly, mostly through time savings.

Pros

It eliminates the "human" element from our daily processes; because CFG1 has a rules engine, it takes more time for initial set-up than it did in the past, but once a product is set up and all of the rules are defined, any user can configure a product without having to have a product expert check that the rules were followed or that the configuration was created correctly.

Cons

I wish the training had been more robust. I know that there are several aspects of the software that we are not using simply because we don't understand certain features and elements. The training was fairly narrow and once it's over, there is not a great opportunity to learn about the unknown features without spending hours on the phone with the CFG1 team. Also, some areas of the software have helpful information pop-ups, but others have either nothing or a very vague description of what the feature is and how to use it. It's a shame because I think we would get a lot more out of the software if there were better instructional materials and demonstrations on how to use each feature.

Thank you for the review Shelby! We're happy to hear that Configure One is providing some time savings and we very much appreciate the feedback on training. If there is anything specific related to training that we can provide, please let me know and I'll be sure we get that taken care of for you.

Review January 2020

Pros

The ease of setting up new inputs, products, adding the results and use of the logic.

Cons

The automatic logged out error keeps popping up now and again (regardless the use of browser and open programs). Too bad the level of discount cannot be arranged in C1 in the way we need it (standard functionallity). The set-up of our 4- and 6- numbers is pretty complex and time consuming. Would be nice if this could be simplified.

Thank you, Wilma, for your review. I would like to speak with you regarding the 'automatic logged out error'...if my guess is correct, that's simply a setting that can be changed so that an idle browser session stays alive longer without user activity. Please let me know when a convenient time for you to chat would be. -Mick McDonnell, VP, Product Development

Configure one

Pros

Versatility and overall implementation is accessible. Customer service is really good to match the software capabilities to business needs.

Cons

Processes can be a little complicated to follow. Implementation for certain options can be time consuming and alternatives can be difficult to accomplish. Understanding the program reach is not straight forward.

Thanks for your feedback, Juan. We're excited what your company has been able to accomplish with Configure One, and please trust that we're always working on making it easier to use & more intuitive to administer. -Mick McDonnell, VP Product Development

Concept

The system allows us to give quotes quickly to our customer. Overall Concept has worked well for us.

Pros

Reliability and integration with our ERP system JDE

Cons

When we do have a problem its hard to get in touch with someone right away.

Thank you, David, for your insights here & for leaving a review. I regret you've had less-than awesome experience when seeking support assistance. I'd like to look into that to see where we're not meeting our standards in that regard. Please contact me at your convenience so I can look into this and get it resolved. Mick McDonnell, VP Product Development

Craig Manufacturing Ltd. Review of Concept

We needed a way to have all of our Sales team create consistent quotes. And also trap the items that need special attention. With Concept / Configure One , we are able to create consistent quotes and add password approvals for things we wish to force a conversation on.

Pros

You don't have to be a full on coder to modify and content to this Site

Cons

Page refreshes are probably necessary but they are noticeable and i don't remember seeing this on other sites that do the same thing.

Mark, We sincerely appreciate your taking the time to leave a review - Thank You!!! -Mick McDonnell, VP, Product Development

ConfigureOne - If you know what you're doing, it works great

The software is hard to implement and requires programming skills. The ConfigureOne team is very knowledgeable and able to assist with the development process.

Pros

The ability to configure or design your product and see the resulting image immediately is the feature most appreciated by our customers. From the company perspective, we most appreciate the integration with our ERP system so product and pricing information is updated automatically.

Cons

The unnecessary complexity of moving from a configuration to an order. The administration is not user friendly and requires a significant investment in time to learn to use it.

Thank you for taking your time to leave a review, Lucia, we benefit greatly from feedback, the good and the bad! I'm glad you and your users see value in our visualization capabilities - it's a key strength of the product, and something that differentiates us from the competition. At the same time, I appreciate your perspective on the complexity in some areas of the application. While a user with no programming skills whatsoever can implement the product successfully, there are advanced areas where you can 'do more' and extend the product, though it does require writing script and/or manipulating style sheets. Again, thank you for your candor!! -Mick McDonnell, VP Product Development

Ease of configuration

Pros

With over 1 million combinations of configurations this product is great to show valid options taking into account very specific rules & stipulations. The ability to build the actual product in the real-time 2D is a great tool for customers visually. The software uses basic logic and Excel spreadsheets for ease of set-up.

Cons

Some basic items you'd think were easy to set up, require more background work than originally thought. Appearance is relatively basic/rudimentary.

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review. We constantly strive to get better & offer added value to our customers. There is a lot that can be done via styling & branding within the user interface, and it may not be obvious, at first, what your options are. I'll ask a member of our team to reach out to you to see how we can amaze you in terms of appearance.

Overall has been positive. Easy to learn, hard to master.

Pros

With the upgrade to v.11, the software has become more customizable. I also like the continous improvement via code update.

Cons

The Driven input is a great feature but also the worst feature since it does not allow adding or remove driver or Excel import / export.

Thank you for the review Chi Lok! Happy to hear that you've had a good experience with Configure One and we are grateful for your feedback regarding driven inputs. I'll be sure this is passed to the team for product development considerations.

Configure One gave us a Fantastic Return on our Investment

Pros

The product is very easy to use. We have a 500 page catalog with over 4.5 million potential combinations. We implemented the configurator in 6 months and was even able to include all our "special" scenarios. The technical skill of the Configure One team and their follow-up was fantastic.

Cons

We had to create our own piece of software to allow us to upload Driven Input Data from Excel data sheets (All other ways of adding data can be uploaded from Excel). We feel this feature is the only thing lacking from the product.

Long -Term Customer Review

The Configure One team has been supportive in assisting in the conversion process and in adding new products and rules as needed. While there have been some challenges, I believe they see us as long-term partners

Pros

There is a lot of flexibility in the Configure One software and we have been able to customize it for a number of different products

Cons

We have had some issue w/ moving from older versions to V11. I am not honestly sure why.

Thank you very much Dave for taking the time to leave your review! We sincerely appreciate your feedback - good or bad! I know we're close to finishing the migration to the latest release, and that it has taken longer than either of us anticipated, but hopefully the new discounting functionality that you'll be adopting will make it much easier for your users to interact with the software & easier for your admins to maintain! -Mick McDonnell, VP, Product Development

Great Product

Our sales organizations tell us we are the easiest of all their manufacturers to do business with, largely because of our Configure One implementation.

Pros

Ease of use Flexibility for multiple product types Customizable

Cons

Missing some core features that required customization

We greatly appreciate your review - thank you! There's a lot that goes into being "easy to do business with", and we're glad Configure One CPQ is a key component of that!

Great configuring software

Great company and easy to deal with. Great help to setup and build our configurator.

Pros

Easy to setup and understand. This software can do almost anything required from a configurator.

Cons

Missing some internal processes after order is placed. As a Company dealing a lot with customer specific solutions, some more functionality around the special requests could be developed.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, Robin, we greatly appreciate it! I'd like to work with you to understand the post-order processes that you're alluding to, please let me know when you have time to meet. There may be readily-available processes already there, but if not, I'd like to understand how we can improve the process. -Mick McDonnell, VP Product Development

ComfigureOne Review

Pros

Cons

The learning curve to achieve full potential is steep, but worth the effort.

Great to hear how well you & Harrington Hoists are doing with Configure One CPQ! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!! -Mick McDonnell, VP Product Development

Clearfield Review

Pros

The ability to customize the software for our specific business needs.

Cons

The number of user permissions with each user group

Thanks, Thomas, for your feedback! Clearfield has been a Configure One customer for quite a while now, and we're trilled at all you've been able to accomplish!! -Mick McDonnell, VP Product Development