Duo Security Reviews

4.65/5 (131 reviews)

Kalin Heaton

Great Security Software

Reviewed 2019-09-24

Overall I have found Duo to be a great method for securing my data and private accounts. It has allowed me to make sure that sensitive information stays safe and away from prying eyes. It also gives me a sense of security financially, as some of my accounts secured by Duo are linked to payment portals.

John Boyless

Two-factor authentication that just works!

Reviewed 2019-09-30

Our organization has been using Duo Security two-factor authentication for years. The entire solution is incredibly reliable. The mobile app works great and is very easy to use. End-users can quickly and easily enroll their own devices via a self-service portal. This is very convenient whenever you get a new phone. Approval notifications can also be sent via phone, text or push. Push notifications are also supported on the Apple Watch. Although it's rarely needed, online support documentation is very robust. The best thing about Duo Security is...it just works, every time.

Carlos Salas

Amazing Two-Factor Authenticator

Reviewed 2019-09-21

Great experience, user friendly and having this installed as an app on your Smartphone and not a physical key is amazing!

Best Two Factor Identification App

Reviewed 2018-11-27

I have used Duo for Two Factor Identification Security at two different employers so far in my career. It is such an easy to use, efficient and effective application. It eliminates the need to keep track of external network keys, passwords, and other redundant programs. I feel safe and secure with Duo Two Factor Identification because it requires both my phone and fingerprint in order to gain access to protected software.

Anindita Sarkar

Duo Security is important

Reviewed 2019-07-01

I have been introduced to Duo security the last year. The institute I am affiliated to insists on using the Duo security for access to emails and other sensitive data. Initially, I used to feel it is a little out of the way effort to have a two-factor authentication via Duo Security. But lately, I have it is a rather important safeguard for sensitive data, emails, etc. It adds another level of protection. With technological advancement stealing important information from the internet is a child's play. Using Duo security gives the users benefit of knowing when their emails or secured accounts are accessed (at least it does that for me). Besides, two-factor authentication allows me to restrict suspicious users from logging on.

2FA For the Enterprise

Reviewed 2018-09-05

We wanted a 2FA solution for our VPN and password management solutions. Duo integrates with both. We also needed a 2FA solution that can be used by a wide variety of users. We have many remote users so being able to authenticate via app, text, or phone call makes it easy for all of our users to gain access in a way that is secure and available to them.

Anonymous

Duo Security will make your account secure

Reviewed 2019-10-29

I started using Duo Security since 2017 when I started working as graduate assistant. The app had allowed me to make sure that my account at my job is secure and no one can easily access to my account without an approval on my phone. If you are using this app, you don't have to call or text your number to access to your account. You just press the push button and approve it from your phone and access to your account.

Jane Gilpatric

Best thing I ever did for securing my website

Reviewed 2016-10-14

Ever since I've started using DuoSecurity to access my website admin interface, I haven't had any breaches in security and I feel safer knowing that hackers can't access my website easily. I've been using DuoSecurity for several years now and offer it as part of my Security Packages when I launch a client's website, because it's a quick setup and for ease of mind. I use an app on my iPhone that sends me a notification when I go to log in to my site, allowing me to "Approve" or "Disapprove" access to the site's admin interface easily. I also use it to access other accounts online that allow for a Code to be entered, giving me that piece of mind that my personal information is secure. Highly recommended!

1-click for Two-Factor Authentification

Reviewed 2019-01-15

I have been an end user of Duo Security for the last 2 years, and I think that this is the best software for 2-factor authentification. The Duo App has a simply designed platform. When we sign into the website that requires authentification, we can just type a passcode provided by Duo App on the website or click an authentification request given by Duo App. Yes, it is that easy with Duo.

Anonymous

Easy in practice, maybe a little pricey

Reviewed 2019-09-05

Support is good. New features are rolled out occasionally, so being an admin it is a good idea to keep up-to-date about it.

Good

Reviewed 2019-07-25

I use Duo Security as a part of dual verification sign-in process for university. The phone app was initially difficult to set up and I actually gave up at one point, but once it was on my phone it has been no issues. (I've actually installed and verified a few phones and it always a hassle..) The three options for verifying identify is convenient - call, message, or notification. I generally use notification, but have used call when I had poor cell service. The notification is handy because I do not have to unlock my phone and the notification disappears after you approve the log-in. The time out feature is meant to keep your account secure but can be an issue if you don't have your phone close by/ don't approve in time.

Easy to use MF authentication

Reviewed 2019-02-06

I have used Duo Authentication at two institutions now as a two-factor authentication means. It is very easy to use and even less tech-savvy coworkers find it easy and straight forward to use.

Forrest Hamrick

Simple and Fast Two-factor Authentication

Reviewed 2019-10-29

Some of the websites I use require two-factor authentication to add security. DUO is the fastest and easiest way for users to authenticate.

Anonymous

Simple dual-factor authentication for university

Reviewed 2019-10-29

Overall, the benefits of Duo Security outweigh the inconveniences, which are small. I use it as a graduate student to protect my employment information.

Pete Stoll

Indispensable - use it every day!

Reviewed 2019-04-17

I use this daily for access to company website for updates and posting. It travels wherever I go and is lightning fast. Definitely recommend!

Sandeep Kumar

Excellent security app for authentiction

Reviewed 2019-03-26

This is the best security feature for authentication. It makes sure no one else logins to your account but only you. The main benefit of this software is that our work done till date is secure in our machines.

Alireza Shahanaghi

Due is Secure

Reviewed 2019-03-11

I am a student and my university provides a very secure medium for signing into my account through this app. I feel confident and safe about it since anybody who wants to do sign in should ask me for permission. It is a brilliant idea to communicate with the account owner to increase the security level

Cory Page

Simple Solution for Added Account Security

Reviewed 2018-10-09

Unlike other 2-step authentication services that require you to punch in a short, "random" code in order to access your account, Duo Security makes securing an account simpler. Got a smartphone? Download the Duo Security app, link it to an account (typically an email account, though Duo can work with other services as well,) and decide how you want to be alerted about log-ins. The next time you try to log in, Duo will contact your phone, and you'll be able to authenticate your log-in with a simple button-press. That's it. There are other options as well. If you don't want to use the smart phone, Duo will call a landline and ask if you're the appropriate user for the account. You can also save multiple methods to the same account.

Sadie Randall

Duo Security Review

Reviewed 2019-02-04

I use Duo Security to login to all of my work accounts. It is used by the whole university and it is very easy to understand, implement, and is very up to date. I enjoy Duo Security. When it was first implemented, I was annoyed that it would be another step for my login process, but it is not burdensome at all and is very fast and efficient.

alex fiek

Duo Security - it works!

Reviewed 2019-01-17

Overall I'd say it does exactly what I need it to nearly 100% of the time. The times it doesn't work are almost generally on the user side (eg: installing a new device will need IT assistance) and not on the software or app's

Adelyn Chen

Used to authenticate access for high school gateway portals.

Reviewed 2018-07-17

I think it keeps accounts really secure because you can set up the account to be able to send push requests to a finite amount of devices. It's also pretty easy to use because you just press one button and it works very quickly to grant/deny access.

Simple Software For Two-Step Authentification

Reviewed 2018-11-09

Duo Security makes 2-step authentification simple. After an initial registration of the website that requires 2-step authentification on the Duo app, all I have to do to grant access to the website is clicking approve button on the app on my phone or entering passcode on the website. This software makes 2-step authentification take only 5 seconds.

Can be hit or miss

Reviewed 2019-09-23

It's been an okay experience with Duo. The texting feature being so off and on is the biggest bummer, however, it's easy to use and quick to authenticate.

More security

Reviewed 2019-09-14

Nowadays it is necessary to use a security software to log in to your accounts. So I highly recommend it.

Abhisha Bhattacharyya

Useful security tool

Reviewed 2019-10-15

I mainly use duo for 2-factor authentication when logging in to my NC State account. This has been very useful in both securing my account and also not taking up too much time for the login process.

Easy as 123

Reviewed 2018-08-27

I had no issues with Duo security the company I was with I was taking credit cards and personal information and I had no breach of any sort no one getting in and no information getting out so overall it was an awesome experience and if we get back to doing that on our construction side that is definitely a program I would use again and definitely refer others to

John Moroney

Great two factor authentication provider

Reviewed 2018-04-04

Duo integrates out of the box with a lot of SaaS systems, and it is easy to set up for users. For unsupported SaaS, or in house apps, it possible to set up a lightweight agent running locally on your network that will extend 2fa functionality to unsupported systems. This agent is easy to set up.

2 Factor Authentication Made Simple

Reviewed 2019-07-04

We were searching for a simple but effective second factor authentication solution to improve security especially for our RDP services. Duo has saved us a lot and imrpoved our security significantly

Anonymous

Two factor authentication made easy

Reviewed 2018-11-18

Simple, easy to use software for two factor authentication, you can use the app, get a phone call, or get sent a list of access codes through text, making your account more secure from hacking.

Brice Patterson

A good option for a necessary piece of software

Reviewed 2019-03-05

My organization uses Duo as a security backup on all of our sensitive data repositories (financial/HR, student data, etc). I have Duo mobile set up on my phone, and like how I can have it send me a push notification. It takes only a few seconds to go through the entire process.

Pete Stoll

Best option for website security, would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 2018-04-11

We go to Duo after Clef closed shop - Clef was ridiculously easy to use. After trying three other options (dismal failures) we hit on Duo and it has been perfect since. It works fast every time and has good supporting documentation available online. Authentication options are all good and they are all fast, pretty much instantaneous. Duo is well worth it for the peace of mind knowing the website has this layer of security in place.

Dan Herman

Definitely the best 2-factor app I've used

Reviewed 2018-12-06

Duo Security for the most part just works. I very rarely have connectivity issues, I've never had token mismatches or problems of that nature. It does the job it's supposed to do, and does it very well.

2FA Made Easy

Reviewed 2019-03-26

We use Duo for access to our tools and Remote Desktop. It is an easy layer of security from Remote desktop users, and an easy sell to our partners. They also have a help desk verification tool that allows us to verify the identity of someone calling in by sending a push notification to their phone. Overall, we are very happy with Duo.

jacod michael smith williams

DUO is a great choice, although this is not the cheapest solution.

Reviewed 2018-07-18

DOU was a great choice in everything. Compared to some of the other multi-factor platforms, this is by far the easiest to manage and configure. This product gave the company a clear and clear documentation, which reflected its platform as one of the best. It is the best choice.

Amber Patton

Simple Authenticating for Security!

Reviewed 2019-01-24

It was very simple to download the app once our company started using the software. We have some more technologically not-so-savvy employees, and they were even able to catch on fast. It's nice that you also have the option for them to call your cell too, if you don't want to do the app or do not have a smart phone. Has really helped boost our security and keep compliant.

Angela Brown

Use for work, Quick Easy Access

Reviewed 2018-10-13

So far it has been a breeze. I have yet to encounter any bugs, and it is pretty straightforward once you link your account to it.

Abdulkadir Atalan

A need for security

Reviewed 2019-09-03

The fact that there is a two-factor authentication security requirement for access to applications increases the appeal of using this program. I think that this program should be used strongly to prevent data from being easily acquired in digital environments.

Cory Fralick

Simple, easy, and it works!

Reviewed 2019-02-01

Extremely easy to set up and use. I use this on a daily basis for accessing my employee portal on our website and have never had a single issue.

Necessary Evil

Reviewed 2019-02-19

Overall, it does the job and does it fairly well.

Joseph Roth

Duo Security makes 2-Step a Breeze

Reviewed 2019-02-01

With the app, I don't have to copy-paste on my phone or read my phone to type into my computer. I just press the button to allow access. Two step authentication without much hassle.

Gina guarracino

Great for security but what if I forget my phone?

Reviewed 2018-12-11

We used this software to remotely log into our VPN and HRIS systems. Duo offers a secure way to access system's with little headache in the process.

Anonymous

Best application for adding extra security for login

Reviewed 2019-08-06

I have used this application for authentication to log in to my accounts and the most important thing is it's really easy to set up and use. Once set, you just need to open the application on a supported device and enter the security code from that application for authentication.

Shubham Sharma

Reviewed 2019-10-20

It provides the security to our machines and take care of the unauthorised access. It provides better security.

Elizabeth Stoyle

Works Well but Has Some Functionality Issues

Reviewed 2019-07-30

It's a quick and easy way to verify my identity.

Ridiculously easy to use

Reviewed 2019-11-12

Multifactor authentication is a MUST these days. Adding security is usually a tradeoff between ease-of-use, however Duo has very minimal negative impact on workflow.

Frans Coppus

We use this tool for 2-factor authentication purposes.

Reviewed 2018-03-13

The software is easy to use for endusers via the app. It supports fingerprint authentication. It integrates quickly with a on-perm and SaaS solutions.

Imani Pace

Easy to Use

Reviewed 2019-09-17

It’s very easy and convenient to use this software.

Due Security - Easy and Effective

Reviewed 2019-08-19

Very easy to set up and deploy to thousands of users, which is important in an organization that has some people that are not technologically savvy.

Anonymous

Great alternative product for two factor

Reviewed 2019-04-22

How easy it is to use the app and simple to customize it the way you need to use it

Audra Warren

Duo

Reviewed 2019-07-16

This software ensures that there will be no hacking but or foul play within your work or school accounts. It double checks those accounts before logging you in and requires you to redo it at least every seven days.

Anonymous

Dual security check without much effort

Reviewed 2019-05-30

I started using Duo as my work required a 2nd verification to get access to confidential information. So far, the experience is great. I first thought this process would be bothersome, but it turned out to be fine as the verification can be done very simply.

Anonymous

Best products in the market for its purpose

Reviewed 2019-11-09

Trying to connect to remote servers such as xsede adn our own clusters at school

Anonymous

Secure way to protect your important logins

Reviewed 2019-07-20

Anonymous

easy to authinicate who you are

Reviewed 2018-06-17

the benefits that I got through this software was feeling more secure in the work environment, this is assurance that the client is using the appropriate security that is needed.

Katharina Schmidt

Easy two-factor authentication!

Reviewed 2019-07-11

Overall, easy to use as a two-factor authentication system, wish it was available for all websites!

Colin Argyle

Duo is annoying to use but I see the value in it

Reviewed 2018-01-13

I like that I know the services Duo is protecting are actually being protected and nobody is going to be logging into my accounts. I like how you can click on the SAVE FOR 30 DAYS button on a specific device so you don't have to get permission every time.

Reviewed 2019-02-11

Once the app is downloaded on your smartphone this app is very easy to use. The notifications are immediate and very simple to follow.

Corrine Grant

Easy to Use

Reviewed 2019-01-24

Day to day use is very easy. It sends me a push notification when someone is trying to log into my work accounts, so I can easily verify if it's me or not.

Anonymous

The least annoying way to secure your account

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-08-13

Fortunately, my account has been safe and I can rest easy knowing that no one else can sign in without my knowledge.

Ciara Ginyard

Data Security

Reviewed 2019-08-29

Duo Security I have the confidence that my information is not easily accessible especially as a mobile professional who often has to log into public wifi. Security at the your fingertips; super easy!

Ryan Olsen 📱

Simple 2FA

Reviewed 2018-10-03

I remember before Duo and signing into VPNs and secure places was a huge pain. Now I get a push notification and I'm productive.

Chad Fletcher

Fantastic VPN Authenticator

Reviewed 2018-12-14

It's simple, easy to configure, and makes connecting to VPN a breeze.

Very straightforward 2 factor for non technical users

Reviewed 2019-09-03

There are quite a few 2-factor authentication solutions out there, but when paired with a push notification that allows for a one-button confirmation of your identity, it makes getting users to accept 2-factor policies that much easier.

Duo Security - two-factor authentication that usually works

Reviewed 2019-08-06

Duo Security allows me to connect to my work VPN when I am working remotely. Overall, it does what it says it will do.

Courtney Carpenter

Great security tool for a large, corporate company!

Reviewed 2017-06-07

Our whole marketing team has gained the benefit of working remotely due to this trustworthy security software.

Greg English

Extra Secure

Reviewed 2019-04-12

Duo adds an extra layer of protection to my accounts it is linked to.

Gina Carter

Great option with flexibility

Reviewed 2019-07-26

I love that Duo has several ways to identify yourself in a multi-factor authentication. It is easy to use and send push notifications to your phone, watch, etc.

Morgan Kendrick

Terrific Security

Reviewed 2019-03-19

I love the app! Very convenient and use it every time I have to log-in to my university's website.

Patrick Fenton

Secure and reliable authentication tool

Reviewed 2018-03-22

ZWorks on all platforms: iOS, Drois, Windows, Blackberry. Keeps your accounts safe with this single tap authorization app.

Jonathan Rhoton

Get a different security app

Reviewed 2019-07-31

Apparently, this program keeps your identity and information safe from hackers or other malicious sources. I’ve never had an issue with that using other security programs.

Megan Longtain

overall good product

Reviewed 2019-01-15

I like that there is an option to keep me logged in for 12 hours so I don’t have to continually verify myself. I also like that I can verify on my Apple Watch

Anonymous

An easy way to add a layer of security

Reviewed 2019-09-14

Now that I use this software, I don't want to be without it for my time card, I understand why our university had us all sign up for it.

Jeremy Hancock

Authentication for School

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-02-20

My college utilizes Duo Security as an additional security measure when logging into our student portal. This brings a lot of peace of mind since personal information including Social Securities, financial information, tax information, etc, is all on my student log-in.

Kevin Ngo

Straight Forward Two Factor Authentication

Reviewed 2019-11-11

Overall Duo is an easy way to get a two factor password. I have not complaints.

Anonymous

duo makes me feel that my information is secure

Reviewed 2019-04-16

My university uses duo for its login and I like the added security, especially with all the news about data breaches nowadays.

Anonymous

Duo fast two factor checks

Reviewed 2018-09-18

Duo is a very small non invasive two factor authorization for logins which works great instead of phone calls, emails and SMs messages sent to an user. You just install and in two clicks you have a short fast code.

Jimmy Lela

Wonderful for two factor authentication

Reviewed 2018-08-03

It helps my organization protect sensitive digital assets by providing another means of authentication of the user.

JESSICA RETT

it's always worked perfectly

Reviewed 2018-09-28

It's nearly instantaneous, and absolutely consistent. Hard to find in an app, even these days. And these things are absolutely crucial for an authentication app.

Jason Zickefoose

SOOOO Easy

Reviewed 2019-01-08

I can't believe how easy it is to set up a user and as a user to set up my account. It is amazing to use the push notification.

Anonymous

There are better options out there, especially now that Cisco owns Duo

Reviewed 2019-08-25

The company overall was good until Cisco bought them.

Syed Ali

Duo is very good application of two way authentication

Reviewed 2017-06-15

Easy to install on cellphone. Very user friendly. Easy to operate and really smart and effective way of two way authentication. Duo Security, additional accounts can be added and managed simultaneously. Adding accounts is also easy, simply point the device at the generated QR code. Authentication occurs right away you don't have to wait for more than 1 sec.

Anonymous

Added security couldn't be easier!

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-08-15

By using randomized strings of numbers Duo basically makes it impossible for someone to hack into my account.

Natalie Montoya

Duo Security makes me feel safe!

Reviewed 2019-11-07

I can see a bunch of benefits from this software and after a while you do not even notice that it is there, but having the peace of mind of an extra layer of security is comforting to me.

Anonymous

Duo provides large organizations with the best account security

Reviewed 2019-01-15

Once you get it up and running, Duo is easy to use. The 15 seconds that it takes to do 2-factor authentication is worth the security that we get in exchange.

Reviewed 2019-03-07

Duo is a 2 point authentication program that is great in the fact that I don't have to log into a separate email account and enter an access code to get logged into my device. I just interact with the notification I receive and Boom! I'm in. That simple. I can set it up for text, email, or call notifications to gain access, I just like the text based option better, quick and easy (just don't forget to take your phone to work!)

Works ok, but I like Google Authenticator better

Reviewed 2017-10-10

It gets the job done whenever I have to log in to one of several services. In comparison to other authentication services, this is pretty decent- not the best, not the worst.

Charles Macharia

great 2F authentication tool for additional account security

Reviewed 2018-12-10

I like that Duo Security offers several authentication options. It ensures only the authorized individual access personal accounts or sensitive info on our system. It is convenient and minimizes chances of cyber security threats. It integrates with most third-party apps and online platforms.

Eli Person

Full Featured Two Factor Authentication With Plenty of Options

Reviewed 2019-06-09

Overall, I have been happy with DUO security. It has many more options and features when compared to competing products.

Anonymous

a 'gatekeeper' app for your network

Reviewed 2019-09-20

Whenever I need to log in into the organization's network, Duo provides a safe 2-authenticated way to do so. Another thing I like about it is the app also checks the security level of my phone and helps me fix problems if any.

Anonymous

Make you feel safe with you login

Reviewed 2019-04-16

I am happy that my institution chooses to have Duo attached to our account

Tracie Semadeni

Super Easy to Use

Reviewed 2019-08-22

It's fairly easy to use, I simply wish they would leave it compatible with older devices.

Raymond Rodriguez

Review of Duo Security

Reviewed 2019-10-17

Duo is fast and easy to get cleared through once it's set up. It's makes that next level of security less painful and more timely.

Becky Smith

Duo Security Review

Reviewed 2018-11-28

We use this software to remotely log in to our server.

Elise Woodard

Good for security, a bit annoying from user perspective

Reviewed 2019-10-08

Overall solid and not too annoying for the additional layer of security.

Bhawin Dhital

This is very easy to secure your account

Reviewed 2019-07-25

Every time when I try to login my university webpage, it asks approve to login.You have two option to login, either pass code or simply a push. I have installed it on my iphone6 and just pushing the button it gives approve to my university account. This is very secure app.

Hemantkumar Deokar

Nice dual verification system

Reviewed 2019-07-25

work on the phone with internet access or through call or text. You cant install on two phones at the same time that gives you protection from being spied. Highly recommended for those who handle sensitive information via emails.

Duo, Multi Factor Authentication

Reviewed 2018-12-19

I love how easy Duo is to use. it is great for our end users they can just about figure it out on their own.

Derek Estrada

Duo adds an extra layer of protection

Reviewed 2018-09-20

Duo allows information to have an extra layer of protection. It allows users to access their emails that are protected outside of the hospital and healthcare system. It makes my workflow, as a user, convenient, fast, and protected.

Anonymous

Two step verification for college website

Reviewed 2018-07-03

I like that I can have multiple devices registered. This helps me have access to my college websites from whichever device I currently have at the time. I do also like that it remembers my device for 30 days.

Greg Garnhart

It is a good 2 Factor authentication service

Reviewed 2019-04-21

- Duo's mobile app, Duo Push, works well with our systems. It's easy to set up, and while some people at William & Mary have had trouble adopting the program into their day to day use, I find it usually works without a problem.