Jamf Pro Reviews

4.66/5 (286 reviews)

Alison Wojahn

Good value, and features, but the flow of the site leads to confusion.

Reviewed 2017-09-19

We use Jamf to push applications, restrict certain features and streamline the setup process of our iPads. Jamf allows us to give students the App Store so that they can perform updates, while still preventing (discouraging) them from downloading non-school applications through a lock-down configuration. We also use Jamf to block several things, the ability to apply passcodes and the fingerprint lock. We also use it to shorten the setup process for students by excluding some of the setup screens.I like the freedom there is to create configuration profiles, and manage groups. One of the features that we utilize the most are smart groups, to either organize mobile devices or to regulate iPad security (prohibit students from downloading apps, while still keeping the App Store available to them, and see who has downloaded restricted apps that we do not want to "publicize" to the point they will put them on their phones. I do like the fact that a group of people can each be working in the same area, such as the same Configuration Profile, and we can still function, other software that we use only allow one user for the organization at once prohibiting multitasking. One of the biggest reasons we continue to use this software rather than migrate the remaining portion of our organization to Mosyle (which offers quite a bit for free), is the customer support.

Jason Cohen

Jamf is a growing company with a great product and amazing support, really listen to customers!

Reviewed 2017-08-02

I could not do my job without this software. We are very limited in staff, time and money. Without Jamf Pro, we would not be able to effectively manage the fleet of iPads, MacBooks, iMacs and Apple TVs we have. Jamf is a growing company with a great product and amazing support, really listens to customers! Pros: Jamf has been doing this the longest when it comes to Mac and iOS device management. They are a relatively small, yet growing company with Midwest values, that really cares about helping organizations succeed with Apple. They stand behind their product and their support is phenomenal! They are passionate about giving back to the communities they are based in (Chippewa Valley, Minneapolis, and offices around the world). They put on the worlds largest user conference for Apple IT admins and they have the largest user help knowledge base, jamfnation.com. They also provide same day or prior support of major OS and iOS releases. They are constantly refining the product and adding new features to it. If you have an issue, Jamf support will bend over backwards to help you, even if you're not a paying customer. They care that much about you and the product. Also, the soon to be released version 10 will bring many needed changes to the UI.

Mike Bainter

Pretty good management system for Macs. Don't even consider LANDesk.

Reviewed 2017-08-02

Because it is a MDM solution that actually works, with reliable uptime and easy maintenance requirements, I am the hero for having pushed for JAMFPro. Fairly easy to figure out what it takes to make it work if you are of average intelligence for this sort of thing. In my case, it was difficult, until I figured it out. Patch management was the priority for us and it turns you have to be a little creative in trying to get the information extracted from the Macs (depending on the application) in order to determine if it needs to be patched. In another words, it's not as turnkey as much as I was led to believe. Support at JAMFNation is fantastic. Those folks have tackled most of the problems and that's where I located the scripts and other nuances required to make it work. No other resource like it. Newbies and super rockstars all contribute to make things work. JAMF staff also helpful. Make sure you contribute too!

Alan McCrossen

Great Mac management software

Reviewed 2018-12-13

Overall the experience has been extremely positive and I would definitely recommend Jamf, they are the best in the business. My only negative would be that they sometimes seem more interested in implementing new features than addressing known issues.Jamf Pro is a very powerful tool with a rich feature set. There is a learning curve but the training available is excellent, providing you are in a region it is available. We manage a global fleet of Macs and use a hosted cloud instance which allows us to install software, perform updates and just generally manage our Macs no matter where our users are. The Self Service app gives our users the ability to install software when it suits them or run fixes to known issues without having to contact IT.

Craig Heiden

Good Product, Good Experience

Reviewed 2017-09-19

The ability to manage a fleet of MacOS and iOS devices.Jamf Pro works really well for managing a fleet of MacOS and iOS devices. The management console is easy to navigate and the feature set is clear. The ability to segregate administrators by using Sites is a nice feature for us. Integration with Apple's services is quite good and easy to maintain. We split our infrastructure across multiple hosts (database on one machine, a management point is on one host, the managed devices on another) is key for us. Also nice that the infrastructure runs on multiple OSes, we run ours on RHEL.

Mike Bradshaw

A partner and software and training that gives my staff super powers.

Reviewed 2018-10-25

We are able to secure, provision, manage and support Mac users 24/7 and around the globe with this tool. We estimate we save 15 technicians and 8 full time support engineers and can use that funding and time to take on projects the business needs rather than manually managing our infrastructure and application suite. This is a massive difference in ability and why I feel JAMF gives my staff super powers to do more with less and raise the quality of our support all the while.Jamf Pro is so powerful and simple and focused on letting us succeed, it's in a class of its own. We've been in production for 6 years with major staff turnover and this company has continued to support us despite many chances where we might have dropped the ball. Professional services, quality of the code and stability of the platform are major factors that have made it successful in our specific challenging environment.

Jax Williamson

The best for Apple device management

Reviewed 2018-10-01

It is the best out there for Apple MDMs. That said, the field is still pretty bad. Not all of the issues are with Jamf, as Apple has certainly bungled a few things, like Apple School Manager. But if you're committed to the Apple way of life, Jamf is absolutely the only way to go, and has certainly made things easier on me since we switched from a competitor.It does everything you need it to in terms of managing whatever you buy from Apple, with a focus on as much automation for mass deployment as possible. Since they focus on Apple, they have all the latest features available as soon as possible.

Mark Wampler

Macs Managed

Reviewed 2018-10-10

We have used this product for 5 years and have loved it. It allows us to focus on our people and not worry about Did that printer get installed? We know it is going to happen. We can automate a ton of stuff and not worry about it. We know it will work and we can manipulate thousands of computers in seconds in real time.It does everything that Apple lets them do. Save money and time by having less IT support staff and your staff feels like they have the power to manage themselves and not need to reach out to IT and feel frustrated when it takes too long to respond. The community is a huge plus as you can normally get hard questions answered by pros who are happy to help at no charge. Support is great as well. Things do break, but they are there to help.

David Yenzer

I've been a huge fan of Jamf since we started using it about five years ago!

Reviewed 2017-08-02

Ease of management for laptops and iPads, amazing product support when issues arise, and even though I'm not the money guy it appears to be well worth what we do pay and includes tiered levels so that as we increase the number of devices in our district we pay a little less per unit. I also love JNUC as an educational and networking resource.It's terrifically easy to use. The absolute best thing about it, however, is that other people think I'm a wizard at how quickly they get results when they need something. They can literally request an app and in most cases have it assigned within less than 2 minutes of me getting notification.

Pete Curtner

Supporting a rapidly growing Internet startup in multiple locations

Reviewed 2017-09-19

Doubled size of Mac fleet in nine months while simultaneously improving app standardization, device security, and offering end users the ability to proactively manage their own systems - as the single IT resource for the organization.Easily write, test, and implement policies to proactively support Mac desktop and laptop users Zero-day support for Apple software and hardware releases Simple DEP and VPP integration with excellent documentation Outstanding customer support Large and active user community with a strong commitment to sharing solutions and ideas

Kevin Williams

JAMF made supporting macOS/iOS devices enjoyable...and that was not an easy feat.

Reviewed 2017-09-19

We were able to reach device management parity with our Windows environment. Reduced IT staff time needed to perform one-off administration of macOS/iOS devices.Flexibility, extent of system management capabilities, technical support, ability to create "sites" for de-centralized IT teams that allow them to administer their own devices. Really, the list of what it can do goes on and on. We run SCCM for management of our Windows devices. JAMF allows us to reach management parity for macOS/iOS devices.

Emily Kausalik

I've been working with Jamf products for 4+ years

Reviewed 2017-10-02

We use it to manage 2000+ Macs. I can't imagine being able to do our job and offer first-class support to our Mac population without it.I love how Jamf leverages native Apple technology, services, resources, and features to best manage Apple devices. User Experience has improved greatly and looks like it'll be even better with version 10 launching later this year.

Ross Burdick

Best MDM that we've used!

Reviewed 2018-03-27

JAMF has made my life so much easier managing a large amount of devices with very little need to physically touch the device. It just works and the support is awesome!All encompassing. It works great for all of our iOS devices and allows us to run our environment with "zero touch" to over 500 devices, (soon to be over 2000). We primarily use it for Apple iPad management, but we do have a few Macs on premises and have been slowly adding them in to the mix. Once the initial setup is done, it just works. Any time that we have had issues, my personal "JAMF Buddy" is only an email or call away, and our issues are resolved in a timely manner.

Jeff Zook

Expansive, Confusing at first, Full control

Reviewed 2018-07-22

The software is amazing at controlling Apple devices, it allows for an expansive way of sorting and searching such as an audit system but also how you can manipulate those sorts and add/remove or restrict, it allows for "lost mode" batch naming, app pushing and all the typical controls you rely on in a Single mac or IOS device but allows for it in a massive scale, we manage over 15,000 devices using this software and will continue to add more,

Steve Evans

JAMF Pro has changed our Mac Management experience. It provides us ease to do whatever we need.

Reviewed 2017-08-03

Manageability. Oversight. Consistency. Peace of Mind. A great product and support team.I thoroughly enjoy using JAMF to do what we need through either its on board functionality or through integrating other solutions to work along with JAMF Pro in creating a suitable workflow or solution. JAMF is easy to use, understand, logical, graphically pleasing and overall a fantastic software.

Jesse Sandstrom

Best MDM we've used, and the price is just right!

Reviewed 2017-09-19

Automation, reduced workload, more chances to be Proactive versus reactive, valuable work experience.What we can do is near limitless. The automation is something we are still working on, but for a business thats entering the enterprise world, this is an absolute must before things get out of hand. We started using Jamf while we were still only 300+ employees, and now we are coming up on 700, and having the data on all our macs in one spot is awesome. Now that we can make the worry of deployments a thing of the past, it gives me time to work on being PROACTIVE, versus REACTIVE.

Chris Sharpe

Fantastic MDM for Apple OS and IOS Devices

Reviewed 2018-07-13

Ease of use, customization and customer support are the best. This product was designed for Apple products and that is where is shines. What I love most about Jamf is the ease of use. The first couple of iterations while workable, did not do what we needed in the education field. What was the saving grace, was the customer support. They came up with work arounds for us until IOS 10 hit. This makes adding software to our district IPads a snap as well as policies for the student use. As for support, I ALWAYS get someone who contacts me within a couple of hours of submitting a ticket.

Richard Anderson

We can now have a full you of and control of our client machines

Reviewed 2017-10-24

Total control of our clients Having ultimate control of our client machines gives us the Peace of Mind of knowing that our machines are being used with the functions that they were intended to. Being able to install apps and remove ass and change configurations at a moment's notice since our business and makes us a much more efficient organization when it comes to managing our client devices

Sean Flanagan

JAMF Pro revolutionized the way we manage Macs in our company. Less engineering and more client time

Reviewed 2017-10-24

The best benefit is limiting time I have to spend with assisting my Helpdesk with issues by pointing them to pre-built packages and policies in our JSS. Also Self service has drastically reduced the amount of help desk tickets, clearing up the noise for us to focus on more essential tasks.I love the intuitive Smart Grouping and Inventory collection. We've tried numerous tools for our Mac deployments and JAMF was the only one that gave us the information we needed in a clear and concise format. It is an essential tool for our day to day workflow.

Anonymous

Good all-in-one

Reviewed 2018-07-24

Inventory and asset tracking, single location to manage all macs, lots of community supportjamf has an advantage of having MDM and policy/self-service built-in to one, and it manages macOS and iOS in the same platform. There are a lot of things that jamf does really well, and being one of the larger platforms it has a great community around it.

Dana Dose

JAMF Pro for all things Apple

Reviewed 2018-10-16

We have several MacBook Pros that needed to be managed, including pushing out software, printers, etc. It was a fantastic resource for our staff who aren't admins of their devices to be able to get them what they needed.I LOVE the ease of this product when needing to manage a large number of Apple Devices. I also think that they have a wonderful user conference, and great community that are very willing to share trials, tribulations and triumphs. Classes to get certified are great and those leading them are knowledgeable and thorough.

Landon Letzkus

My experience as Jamf user and Jamf administrator has been excellent.

Reviewed 2017-09-19

At this point I can't imagine managing Macs any other way. The power, the usability. I love it all.

Craig Lindsey

JamfPro has become my Go-To Enterprise management framework for Mac OS.

Reviewed 2017-09-19

Support. That is the fulcrum for me, and Jamf's support is top notch. They address concerns, resolve issues and duly consider feature requests. You don't get the feeling that you are a faceless clone adrift in a sea of needy nerds.

Eric Liebl

JAMF Pro makes Mac management easy

Reviewed 2017-07-27

This product makes us wish we had a Windows variant. Everything is easier thanks to it. Imaging, policies, asset management. I love the information that is placed at your fingertips. I love the control you are given over the Apple devices in your company. JAMF Pro makes handling your user's machines a breeze. Self Service allows users to install their own software without your aide. Configuration Profiles allow for ease of management and total lockdown if necessary. The ability to have users set up their own printers is a support tech's dream.

Anonymous

Great experiences with Jamf over the past few years but there are quality issues creeping in

Reviewed 2017-10-24

The best in class MDM management that allows us to get really creative with how we serve our user base. The API is flexible and allows our developers to use Jamf in collaboration with a number of other tools.