LogDNA Reviews

4.65/5 (34 reviews)

Per Cederberg

Great, except for repeated issues with log ingestion (remote syslog)

Reviewed 2018-03-27

User interface is top notch. So much better than most competitors I've evaluated (which is quite a few actually). Saved views, quick searches and view context functions makes this a joy to use.

Allan Shin

Best tool I've ever used for logging. It just makes sense!

Reviewed 2018-02-21

We've used a few other logging tools before, and still struggled with debugging our webapp on multiple servers. Then we found LogDNA, and decided to give it a try. Wow! It's so simple to install, we were up and running within a few minutes. The user interface is clean and intuitive. It's really easy to search keywords (even excluding terms), and jump to timeframes in your own local timezone. You can even type in 10 hours ago and it just works by jumping to the log line with a highlighted marker. It's saved us so much time when diagnosing a problem, tuning our app/server performance, and even when reviewing the logs to predict trends. I also love the alerts and integration with email, Slack, PagerDuty, and even your own Webhook. With a couple of clicks, you can set up the notification rules to trigger an alert. With LogDNA, we always know what's going on at every level throughout the stack.

Shubham Dhoble

Best product for logging in market

Reviewed 2018-12-07

I would recommend logdna to everyone. It's pricing, feature parity and support are best.We have tried many logging solutions out there in the market, but logdna was the cheapest, simple and best solution out there for logging. It has good support for different platforms like cloud, kubernetes and hosted machines. The setup is very simple for even a beginner and UI is very intuitive. It has all the required features for logging. The search and tags functionality has reduced a lot of pain of debugging. The support channel is very active. I have got the solution to all my problems quickly. The alerting feature is very useful in case our service goes down or misbehaves. It supports mails, slack and webhook which we use to automatically restart our server.

Anonymous

LogDNA makes logging fun and easy!

Reviewed 2018-11-26

After struggling for years with tail-ing the logfiles of our servers, some genius told me that I should have a look at LogDNA. With their low pricing, I could hardly imagine that they offered quality software. But they do! Once setup at the server, it's easy to create filters (based on server, process, tag or level) to create custom views. So, for example, you can set a view to show all log entries from an error level for a certain process. On top of that, you can also create alarms for views to receive notifications at a certain treshold.

DNA of your product!

Reviewed 2018-12-07

1. json log ingestion. We were logging our application logs in json formats and when we were looking for the application it fit into it. 2. S3 back up. Sometime we need to search for the older logs and it helps to get it from there. 3. Search. The advanced search really help us to get what we exactly want it. And we go the context quickly(using switch to context) and it really a cool and handy feature to use. 4. Dashboard. Some time out applications misbehaves and flood the logs. It is super easy to find the service using the dashboard by seeing the log ingestion rate. And we use 50s of services.

Arkadiusz Kuryowicz

Great software, helps to keep an eye on business, simple, beautiful interface, fits all needs

Reviewed 2018-02-26

"One Ring to rule them all" - helps with monitoring cloud environment with many nodes - alerts helps fix a problems.Simple interface, great user experience. Feature-rich: it fits all my needs regarding log monitoring. Multiple integrations support many OS, using dedicated agent makes integration easy. Dynamic development brings new features. Reasonable price.

Emma J

Easy Logging

Reviewed 2019-01-08

Being able to see key activity on the site has really helped with support - as we can identify the actions a user has taken and any errors for bug fixes. Sure, you get this with any logging software, but LogDNA had easy set up, a good free plan, and just seemed really clear compared to the others we tried. I am really happy customer and plan to use LogDNA when I launch more online services.I love how easy LogDNA was to set up on my NodeJS server, and the web-based display of my logs. It makes tracking user actions and errors really simple, and I have been able to quickly identify problems and fix bugs.

Cristiano Diniz da Silva

A great product with a great team

Reviewed 2018-03-30

I like the fact that is super easy to use, easy to apply filters and configure. Better yet, I like the fact that the development team will listen to us customers in regards new features or specific troubles.

Eli Allen

LogDNA is the perfect tool for someone who just needs to aggregate all of their logs into one place

Reviewed 2018-02-23

Not only is LogDNA incredibly simple to setup and use, but it doesn't overwhelm you with features. It does one thing really well: logging. Also, LogDNA is very affordable compared to the alternatives (most of which have lots of features I don't want). LogDNA is a simple product, but it fills a niche that no one else does as simply or elegantly.

Jacob Cattrall

This is really a fantastic service.

Reviewed 2018-02-20

We use LogDNA to send meaningful logs from our many microservices. It gave us the ability to look through historical error events and check the status of the workers. For critical services, we are able to receive notifications when errors occur. It's really superb.It's very fast, always working and the feature-set makes it so great to find bugs and see status. The meta search and time filters are superb.

good product

Reviewed 2018-10-22

very good. already moved lots of our product to LogDNA- i like the S3 archiving - the search is fast

Miroslav Kmet

We define our overal app overview as pre-LogDNA and post-LogDNA

Reviewed 2018-02-24

It keeps me well informed of what is really happening in my software products. I can very easily search and get notified of any problems that are important to me. LogDNA is very simple to integrate and use with a great pricing options.

Will Platnick

Easy installation. Great Support. Infinite Usefulness.

Reviewed 2018-02-13

The ease of getting started with LogDNA is fantastic. In Kubernetes, just run a single command and LogDNA will install as a daemonset and send your logs in. Giving my developers easy access to real-time logs was game changing.

Ravi Devatha

Easy to Install, One place for all your logs, Easy debugging

Reviewed 2018-12-07

Best features I always use are saving the frequent searches, drilling down to pod level logs ( in k8s ), being able to tag and search against a time frame.

Anonymous

LogDNA made life much easier for us!

Reviewed 2018-02-21

We use LogDNA almost like a remote terminal. When we deploy to our development servers, we run QA tests and check LogDNA to see if the tests worked or not.

Tai Y Yu

Customer support was very fast and accurate for what was requested.

Reviewed 2018-03-23

Detailed insight to specific log items.I like that you can filter quickly and get to the specific pod, time, filter, app. I also like the statistics and is integrated well w/ python logger library w/ the filters. I like that I can access the logs from anywhere.

Jorgen Phillips

Good JSON logging and searching tool

Reviewed 2018-12-18

LogDNA does lots right. JSON log ingestion, powerful and fast searching, live tailing, and log analytics. It also archives to an S3 bucket, and has a great slack integration

Euwyn Poon

Hands down the best logging tool I've used.

Reviewed 2018-02-15

Love the "view in context" feature, incredibly helpful for our team to quickly diagnose issues and troubleshoot.

Nevin Jethmalani

Great Product

Reviewed 2018-12-07

It was great. The team is easy to work with and they have a great product.Extremely easy to use and does everything you need from a product like this

Dan Maas

Best cloud logging system I've used

Reviewed 2018-12-07

Easy to set up. Both the Python and Kubernetes drivers are simple, lean, and efficient. The web UI is beautiful and fast. Much more useful out of the box than a standard ELK stack. Can get a lot of benefit even in the inexpensive usage plan.

Katherine Rosenkranz

Didn't Think I Would Ever *Love* a Logging Tool

Reviewed 2018-12-10

I didn't think I would ever rave about a logging tool, but after sitting through a power-user webinar and using LogDNA, I cannot say enough good things about it. We have beautiful logging views so I can instantly research transactions and events in seconds at a detailed or high-level view. There are things that I anticipate taking a long time or being a headache that turn into a few simple clicks since all the data is accessible in LogDNA.

Francis Duong

Amazingly simple tool to help quickly diagnose issues across many docker containers

Reviewed 2018-02-14

Quick diagnosis of issues across multiple services in a docker/kubernetes infrastructure. Copying query to other team members to help diagnosis issues.Simple setup, works in bare metal and docker environment. Simple but powerful query interface allowing pinpointing issues and tracing backwards a breeze across our multiple services.

Adrian Moisey

LogDNA is a grat simple product

Reviewed 2018-12-07

We're trying to ensure that we can watch logs across multiple clusters and multiple machines. This allows any of our developers to watch for errors from a single interface, rather than having so SSH into each machine. We're also not at the scale to run a system like this ourselves, so it's easier to use an existing product, like LogDNA. I love the simplicity of LogDNA. It works well for our small environment and seems to have the ability to scale up. The pricing structure makes sense and suits our needs. It's also super easy to install and set up on our servers. I've managed to add it to the provisioning system that we use.

Alan Liang

We found it critical to help us with debugging.

Reviewed 2018-02-26

Debugging.Filtering query logic is a lifesaver when parsing through massive amount of logs. Real time logs are also a must have feature.

Eric Bouck

Finally found the solution for tracking our logs!

Reviewed 2018-02-13

LogDNA has been a pleasure to use and provides almost everything we need. It was easy to deploy the agent using our existing Ansible scripts and their searching and filtering is very intuitive. Our engineering team makes regular use to find and fix bugs and to understand usage.