This is your compare tray

Apps you want to compare will be listed here. Launch a head to head comparison at any time.

Adobe Photoshop Logo

Adobe Photoshop

Image editing & graphic design software for Windows & MacOS

see alternatives

Adobe Photoshop Reviews

User ratings

Overall rating

4.8

/5

887
99%
positive reviews
  • Value for money
  • Ease of use
  • Features
  • Customer support
  • Likelihood to recommend8.86/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros and cons

Pros

Cons

The excellent customer support with a whole arsenal of video tutorials. Great Corporate logos and print designs for advertisement, brochures and personal cards are just great.
AvatarImg

Akilu F.

It's intuitive and robust. The user community is brilliant and they have built great plugins, brushes, templates and other tools to help you achieve your goals.
AvatarImg

Ameer H.

Overall my experience with photoshop has been great. I would definitely recommend it, and the fact that it comes with the tool suite subscription makes it worth the cost.

CS

Christopher S.

Sometimes I dislike that there are just SO many tools that it is hard to learn them all. A class would probably do wonders for someone looking to be versatile in the program.

JH

Jennifer H.

It delays work and make you feel uncomfortable, especially when you don't know where to do it settings.

AR

Anonymous Reviewer

Photoshop is hard to master, with all of the intricacies contained in one program.
AvatarImg

Jason F.

Adobe Photoshop users...

GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program)-logocaret
avatar
avatar
avatar
listing-logo
+ 24

GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program)

Canva-logocaret
avatar
avatar
avatar
listing-logo
+ 13

Canva

Adobe Illustrator-logocaret
avatar
listing-logo
+ 5

Adobe Illustrator

CorelDRAW-logocaret
avatar
avatar
avatar
listing-logo
+ 4

CorelDRAW

How would you rate Adobe Photoshop?
AvatarImg
AvatarImg
AvatarImg
AvatarImg
AvatarImg
Filter reviews by

Overall rating


Company size


Industry


Time used


887 reviews

Recommended

JS
AvatarImg

Jacob S.

Operations Director

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Review source

Overall Rating

Still the Industry Standard

Reviewed 10 months ago

Transcript

Jacob: My name is Jacob. I'm an Operations Director at a church. I give Adobe Photoshop five out of five...

Overall Rating

Considering getting into Photoshop? Please read my review to see if it is worthy it your $.

Reviewed 9 months ago

Transcript

Adriano E.: Hi, my name is Adriano. I'm a recreation supervisor, and I would give Photoshop a four out...

Overall Rating
  • Value for money
  • Ease of use
  • Features
  • Customer support
  • Likelihood to recommend9/10

Share this review:

"In Photoshop, Sky is the limit."

Reviewed a month ago

Adobe Photoshop is still unbeatable photo editing software. Photoshop is one of the best creations of Adobe Company. It's the favorite image editing software for every professional designer. Easy to use for any new bee and you can create anything using your imagination. In Photoshop, Sky is the only limit.

Pros

Adobe Photoshop has been the most used photo editing software for the longest time in the design field. It has plenty of pros that I can describe. The UI of Photoshop is absolutely incredible, and it has a wide variety of features and plugins. Edit photos and graphics it's easy and convenient. In image manipulation, Photoshop will introduce thousands of doors to the creative world. Selecting a subject and removing background from any image is 1 click away from getting a significant result. It has some crazy features like neuro filter, camera raw filter, sky replacement filter, and so on.

Cons

Definitely, Photoshop has some cons like its extreme resource hunter. If your PC configuration is up to date, then it's ok with you. Otherwise, it will take a while to open it, and if the file size is bigger, it will lag. Also, the subscription to this software will be costly but comes out with significant results.

Overall Rating
  • Value for money
  • Ease of use
  • Features
  • Customer support
  • Likelihood to recommend8/10

Share this review:

La herramienta escencial para todo diseñador gráfico

Reviewed 24 days ago

El mundo del diseño tiene un antes y un después de Adobe Photoshop, epecialmente para aquellos diseñadores como es mi caso que venimos del diseño cuando se lo hacia en forma manual, cuando teniamos que ilustrat o diseñar a mano y cuando se requería ahcer uan correción a la pieza o a la ilustración debíamos repetir completamente el trabajo. La facilidad y versatilidad que photoshop ofrece para el retoque y la creación de imágenes en formatos profesionales.

Pros

Desde el lanzamiento de PhotoShop en su vesión 1.0 una de las fortalezas ha sido que es uno de los softwares más intuitivos, versión a vesión ha ido mejorando lo que ha permitido que en la actualidad sea un programa que lo puede usar desde un niño hasta un profesional en el área de la comunicación visual o diseño, a pesar de la complejidad casi todos los equipos actualmente pueden trabajar de una forma fluida en este programa, desde archivos en baja resolución pra la web como imágenes profesionales en alta resolución para impresión o piezas publicitarias de gran formato.

Cons

El precio es lo que menos me atrae de este programa a pesar que ahora con el pago anual de suscripción es más económico antes cuando uno pagaba el precio por la compra del sofware de forma individual me permitia instalar hasta en dos equipos con la misma licencia es decir lo pudia usar en mi desktop y en mi laptop cuando estava fuera de la oficina. Ahora este beneficio no es posible, Además que debo estar concetado par apoder usar todos los beneficios del software.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Overall Rating
  • Value for money
  • Ease of use
  • Features
  • Customer support
  • Likelihood to recommend8/10

Share this review:

Very complete and competitive program

Reviewed 4 days ago

I think it is the best first step in the editing world and you can do such great things and projects with such little tools if you are a begginer

Pros

It is one of the most complete and at the same time basic programs to use in the Adobe family. You can do various types of works, from photo editing, graphic design, etc. It does not have the best resolution in terms of vectors like Illustrator for example or specific features like InDesign but in very complete in all the terms.

Cons

The differences between other programs such as change the size of the texts, objects, etc. The long waitings for some of the features to be ready to continue working on...

Overall Rating
  • Value for money
  • Ease of use
  • Features
  • Customer support
  • Likelihood to recommend9/10

Share this review:

Photoshop is still the best out there

Reviewed 2 months ago

I love it! I've been able to design flyers and ads, edit closed eyes, and resize photos for print. What I love is that you can find tutorials to help you do almost anything to a photo! Other users are happy to share their knowledge and experience. The software can feel intimidating but like everything else, you get better (and faster) with practice!

Pros

Adobe Photoshop has a gazillion useful tools/features if you learn how to use the software. Some of this takes time and getting better with each use. For example, one photo you might want to brighten the background and another photo you might want to crop around hair. With each photo edit, you can learn different tools. Photoshop is still the best photo editing software I've been able to find! I use it for work (editing a magazine) to personal use (editing photos of my family). Even simply making photos brighter is a huge difference!

Cons

I think editing photos and adding filters has gotten a little out of hand. For example "photoshopping" is its own verb/phrase now! Large media companies and celebrities are setting these trends of overediting. It's amazing and scary at the same time that Photoshop has so many tools to completely manipulate a photo.

Overall Rating
  • Value for money
  • Ease of use
  • Features
  • Customer support
  • Likelihood to recommend9/10

Share this review:

Best tool for image editing and graphic design work

Reviewed 4 days ago

Over all, this is one of the best software which I use and still love to learn. Every time there will some new features release happens and makes the graphic designers life easy. There are some short falls but I hope those will be covered in upcoming new releases.

Pros

This is one of the first software which I started learning myself. Till date I use this tool for all my professional as well as personal work.

Cons

We don't have option to export all the layers as separate PDF. We have the option to export in to jpeg but, if we have the same feature for other format that would be really great. As of now I need to use some external tool to export all the images to PDF. In Photoshop I have to do it individually, which I hate doing it

Overall Rating
  • Value for money
  • Ease of use
  • Features
  • Customer support
  • Likelihood to recommend9/10

Share this review:

I like Photoshop because it helps me with editing tasks

Reviewed a month ago

I've been using it for over 10 years, and to this day I have no intentions of changing editors, because I can quickly find items and palettes for my use. Very good.

Pros

I like how the palettes are positioned and also the items that I always use are very quick to use.

Cons

I wish photoshop could adjust the file size in psd, sometimes the native file in layers is very heavy.

Overall Rating
  • Value for money
  • Ease of use
  • Features
  • Customer support
  • Likelihood to recommend10/10

Share this review:

The top photo edition & design tool

Reviewed a month ago

Perfect. As a graphic designer is a most. Working with it since version (looong time ago)

Pros

Is the reference on photo edition, updating constantly and adding more features frequently.

Cons

For hard works you need a recent computer. Heavy to load somethimes

Overall Rating
  • Value for money
  • Ease of use
  • Features
  • Customer support
  • Likelihood to recommend9/10

Share this review:

Excelente para edição de fotos

Reviewed 16 days ago

otima ferramenta muito uitl todo designer deve ter, ja usei no desenvolvimento de produtos digitais fazer retoques e criar conteudo para lojas virtuais rediemcionar o tamanho em pixels ao exportar para conteudo web ou jpg.

Pros

facil de usar, ferramentas integradas faceis de manipular e trabalhar com zoom e muito bom para ver os detalhes de cada frame e fazer os retoques da imagens e aplicar efeitos corrigir brilho nitides.

Cons

e otimo, so preço da licença poderia ser mais acessivel

Showing original review in Portuguese. See translation

Overall Rating
  • Value for money
  • Ease of use
  • Features
  • Customer support
  • Likelihood to recommend9/10

Share this review:

Improving the world with Photoshop

Reviewed 2 months ago

It has helped me evolve as a Language Teacher because now I can create my own lessons in a very visual way.

Pros

It is he Pioneer in this art and its been around forever

Cons

It is heavy and there are many fake version in the web

Overall Rating
  • Value for money
  • Ease of use
  • Features
  • Customer support
  • Likelihood to recommend9/10

Share this review:

Adobe Photoshop Review

Reviewed a month ago

Photoshop is very powerful and I like that but at the same time, I feel like that much power is very intimidating.

Pros

I love retouching my photos in Photoshop and also being able to manipulate them to make posters or funky art.

Cons

There are so many tools in Photoshop I get lost. Also, I feel like there should be more warnings about what functions are destructive because it is very easy to destroy something you didn't mean to delete permanently.

Overall Rating
  • Value for money
  • Ease of use
  • Features
  • Customer support
  • Likelihood to recommend9/10

Share this review:

The best software for professional photo editing

Reviewed 2 months ago
Pros

There are many pros to Adobe Photoshop. One of the most popular reasons people cite for using Adobe Photoshop is its ability to easily edit photos and graphics. Additionally, it offers a wide variety of tools and features that can be used to create professional-looking images. Finally, Adobe Photoshop is often cited as being one of the most versatile photo editing programs on the market. It seamlessly integrates with other major Adobe products, making advanced workflows easier.

Cons

Adobe Photoshop has some cons that users should be aware of. First, Adobe Photoshop can be resource-intensive to use and can take a long time to load in certain circumstances. Adobe Photoshop is often expensive to purchase outright, with monthly subscription fees also common. Finally, Adobe Photoshop is known for its heavy reliance on plug-ins - which may not always be available in all versions or platforms of Windows or Mac OS X. It can quickly become overwhelming because it's extremely feature-rich, but for the advanced workflow, you need to comprehend how those features interact with each other.

Overall Rating
  • Value for money
  • Ease of use
  • Features
  • Customer support
  • Likelihood to recommend10/10

Share this review:

Why can't I dispense with Adobe Photoshop?

Reviewed 2 months ago

I've been using it for 3 years now and it's so great I've used it, loved the handling, ease of use and the amount of time saving it gave me, really, you will never regret trying it.

Pros

One of the most powerful features that I always use a lot is (object selection tool), I can’t believe how much it is a tool that will save you time, the artificial intelligence is very powerful in this tool, so the object is selected automatically and very professionally. Also, one of the features that I liked and made my photos at the top of professionalism, is the option (Set Focus Point) where it...

Cons

Of all these filters and features, only if Adobe adds a similar feature as in Adobe Lightroom, which is the feature of copying and pasting colors easily.

Overall Rating
  • Value for money
  • Ease of use
  • Features
  • Customer support
  • Likelihood to recommend10/10

Share this review:

Avaliação do Programa de Edição Adobe Photoshop

Reviewed 2 months ago

É bom, mesmo não sendo um programa fácil de usar, é um programa extremamente necessário na minha empresa, ele afeta diretamente na produção da empresa, acelerando alguns projetos que até pouco tempo seria impossivel executar com rapidez. O adobe photoshop hoje é a ferramenta principal utilizada na empresa, sem ela não venderiamos alguns serviços, por isso a minha experiência é a melhor possivel, não penso em trocar por outro aplicativo no momento.

Pros

O Adobe Photoshop é o melhor programa de edição e criação de imagens na minha visão, ele tem todas as ferramentas necessárias para criar, editar, alterar uma imagem, além de ser um programa muito popular na minha área de fotografia, ocasionando mais fechamentos de serviços por utilizarmos ele na empresa. Me agrada bastante o layout e as diversas possibilidades que tenho de executar as minhas atividades na empresa.

Cons

Do fato dele ser um programa pesado e que ocasiona lentidão em algumas tarefas como exportar um arquivo mais pesado. Ele tem uma inicialização lenta. E um dos erros mais comuns é na hora de ao abrir ou salvar arquivos.

Showing original review in Portuguese. See translation

Overall Rating
  • Value for money
  • Ease of use
  • Features
  • Customer support
  • Likelihood to recommend10/10

Share this review:

Are you ready to dive into Photoshop ?

Reviewed 4 months ago

When I put the title ( Are you ready to dive into Photoshop ? ) , I'm not lying to you about it, from the experience of 7 years of using it, I put it to you in these sentences and words that are not enough to express the contents of Adobe Photoshop that have much more features.

Pros

Every time the new version dazzles us with features that the mind can not think of from imagination , because through the old versions, we didn't see the AI in the program as strong these days which saved us a lot of time as users . It is necessary to point out that it is very easy to handle the program and learn quickly with little effort . The fonts provided by Adobe Photoshop are very cool, I have...

Cons

The only thing that distinguishes Adobe Lightroom from Adobe Photoshop is copy-and-paste to adjust colors with one button and groups of images at once I wish Photoshop had this feature like Lightroom, because at that time the program would be complete and flawless.

Overall Rating
  • Value for money
  • Ease of use
  • Features
  • Customer support
  • Likelihood to recommend10/10

Share this review:

Adobe Photoshop Review

Reviewed 4 months ago

Anybody needing to be an expert in the inventive business needs to learn Adobe Photoshop well. Its upper hands are definitely more significant than its impediments. You should make certain of your requirements in light of the fact that Photoshop offers gigantic usefulness. Ideally by getting mindful of these benefits and burdens of utilizing Photoshop will assist you with settling on the ideal choice prior to buying this program

Pros

You can rehabilitate old photographs which have been harmed. Photoshop offers exceptional devices and channels for this reason. Instances of valuable devices are Vanishing point and Clone stamp. Resizing pictures to an ideal pixel tallness and width can be effortlessly done in Photoshop. Photoshop has exceptional usefulness for movement. You can make outlines in layer structure which can be...

Cons

Being a very good quality programming, it could be challenging for certain fledglings to explore through the UI from the get go. As there are a wide assortment of elements and usefulness, you probably will need to initially recognize your motivation in learning Photoshop and afterward learn highlights that satisfy your necessities. Running Photoshop programming requires enormous space in the memory,...

Overall Rating
  • Value for money
  • Ease of use
  • Features
  • Customer support
  • Likelihood to recommend8/10

Share this review:

Photoshop - a genuine review from a daily user.

Reviewed 5 months ago

Creating a logo on an online platform can be costly. To ask a graphic designer to create a logo can be costly. Photoshop gives me all of the tools I need to create custom logos for clients and make changes quite simply.

Pros

This software is inexpensive and very professional. I use it daily for various tasks and I am aware that it contains a lot more tools that I get to utilise for my role. I think this program will be used for many types of graphic related roles, from beginners to experts. It is very versatile and able to create so many different types of graphical projects.

Cons

Initially, I found Photoshop difficult to use. Occasionally, I still get stuck. However, YouTube has a wealth of useful videos which I have used in order to learn whatever I have needed to and much more too.

Overall Rating
  • Value for money
  • Ease of use
  • Features
  • Customer support
  • Likelihood to recommend6/10

Share this review:

My Favorite graphic design and image editing software

Reviewed 5 months ago

I use Photoshop to make graphics for Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, website design, business cards, t-shirts and more. Almost any visual creation that my business requires is made by me in Photoshop. I also still do some freelance designing, and photoshop is always my go-to. It's reliable, powerful, technical and feature-rich. The only reason I would not recommend it as a first choice to most people is because most people are looking for an easier to use solution like Canva.

Pros

I love that photoshop is accessible at $9.99 per month with lightroom and storage as a part of the package. I love the endless tools and various ways to combine them to create masterpieces. Photoshop gives the user complete control over their artwork, as opposed to say, a Canva. Photoshop is definitely for professionals who want full technical control over their work.

Cons

What I like least is that the only option for integrated cloud storage is Adobe's Creative Cloud. Having the ability to save directly to Google Drive - or any other major cloud platform would be an invaluable timesaver and productivity booster.

Overall Rating
  • Value for money
  • Ease of use
  • Features
  • Customer support
  • Likelihood to recommend10/10

Share this review:

Adobe Photoshop Review

Reviewed 7 months ago

Would it be advisable for me to get Photoshop? That depends. Assuming you are searching for proficient grade programming and need to work in the expert visual computerization space, learn Photoshop. It's an incredible instrument that many individuals in this industry use to make and wonderful their plans. Realizing the program will assist you with learning new projects in the future too. Assuming you are a specialist, I suggest utilizing GIMP or Krita. Why? Photoshop membership charges add up rapidly, and free projects can do a considerable lot of Photoshop's primary elements.

Pros

PROS Consistent Updates: Adobe offers ordinary updates, fixing bugs, refining instruments, and adding more highlights. The consistent updates keep the application cutthroat on the lookout. Wide Usage: Millions of individuals use Adobe Photoshop, making it a practically all inclusive language among creators and specialists, extraordinary for joint effort. Consistent Compatibility with Other Adobe...

Cons

Cons Costly: Photoshop should be paid for through a perpetual membership. It is absolutely impossible to buy the product by and large, an enormous channel on makers who continually then need to dish out many dollars to utilize programming that turns into a crucial piece of their inventive framework. Overpowering Toolset: The quantity of Photoshop highlights can be overpowering on occasion, particularly...

Overall Rating
  • Value for money
  • Ease of use
  • Features
  • Customer support
  • Likelihood to recommend10/10

Share this review:

Edit the image however you want - whether at work or for fun

Reviewed 7 months ago

Within our organization, thanks to photoshop, we do not have to hire an external marketing organization. We will prepare all advertising materials ourselves. There are a lot of pictures in our catalogs, again thanks to the photoshop we will adapt all the pictures to the required size and format.

Pros

Whether you need to remove Grandma's wart from her face, or you need to paint your grandfather's more thick beard, it's up to you and your imagination to create everything with Photoshop. What I like most about Photoshop is that nothing is a limit for you and everything is just a matter of imagination. You can create whatever you can think of.

Cons

There is nothing I would not be happy with in Photoshop. Some tools, such as auto-cropping images to erase the background, aren't 100% complete, but it's still better than most other tools.

Overall Rating
  • Value for money
  • Ease of use
  • Features
  • Customer support
  • Likelihood to recommend8/10

Share this review:

Industry Leader for a Reason

Reviewed 7 months ago

Photoshop has been my bread and butter editing app for decades. Its controls and keyboard shortcuts are so second-nature to me now, that it's hard to imagine using anything else. That being said, PS is bloated and sluggish sometimes, and speedy, lighter apps like Affinity Photo are nipping at Adobe's heels.

Pros

Photoshop invented digital image editing and it's no surprise that users like myself have stuck with it for 20 years. Photoshop can be easy for a beginner, but the level of control for a professional is unrivalled. And its new AI features are making tedious things like object-masking and portraits a breeze.

Cons

Adobe software is bloated and sluggish sometimes. The application files are massive, and users will find themselves staring at a splash screen for a long time before the application loads. Save as/Export dialogs are very sluggish. The whole Adobe Cloud subscription model is expensive, with an invasive background app that is very difficult to uninstall.

Overall Rating
  • Value for money
  • Ease of use
  • Features
  • Customer support
  • Likelihood to recommend10/10

Share this review:

Graphic Design and Editing made easy.

Reviewed 7 months ago

My overall experience is very good, I've done some interesting projects with Photoshop which I could have done in other software or it would have taken me longer. I haven't had too many issues that I needed assistance with except for billing, where I got billed twice but it was resolved in a reasonable amount of time. It took me several days, initially, to figure out some of the quirks and features of Photoshop, of which, I mostly had to look on Youtube for tips and tricks.

Pros

Photoshop is the best graphic design tool on the market, this software offers so much content and tools that help you design whatever you want that I couldn't possibly go to another software. The library and templates offered, make life so much easier with various different aspects of design, from images to your own custom designs.

Cons

customer support isn't the most helpful or punctual and it tends to take several emails to resolve tickets. The software is difficult to use and some of what you get out of its Help Wizard can confuse you, even more, the biggest obstacle for any general user is the user interface, there are just so many buttons, for some, it can be overwhelming, while those like me with trying each button to see what they do.

Overall Rating
  • Value for money
  • Ease of use
  • Features
  • Customer support
  • Likelihood to recommend5/10

Share this review:

Photoshop Review

Reviewed 9 months ago

I love it compared to other programs that I have used! It definitely sped up my workflow and I've improved a lot while using Photoshop. I love that it gives you lots of room to experiment with different looks and brushes. However, I feel that after I have graduated from school, I may have to switch to another program due to the price. It is a subscription price while there are plenty of other programs that are a one-time only purchase.

Pros

Right off the bat I loved that this program had pressure sensitivity and a variety of brushes that come with the program. I also love that you can download a variety of brushes from the Adobe website with an account (I adore the [SENSITIVE CONTENT] brushes and use them often). I love that you can change the image size and DPI very easily, and that it is quite easy to navigate. It was not much of a learning curve for me to figure out the program. I love the pen tool and I use it often. I love that you are able to make a brush stroke along the path that you make with the pen tool and it has saved me a lot of time.

Cons

I think the line control could use some improvement. I find it difficult to make a clean, non-shaky line especially if I haven't done it in a while. I have heard from many people that Clip Studio Paint is much better than Photoshop in this aspect. I also don't like that on a Mac, which is what I use, dragging a window off of the main Photoshop window will result in it going behind the main window after you click back on it. On a Windows computer, it will stay floating in front of the main window. I've had to resort to making windows smaller and/or using the multiple stacking window option because of this. I also dislike how in the newest version of Photoshop, the "pixel" function has been removed from the Line Tool. It was definitely a good and quick way to draw a line.

Overall Rating
  • Value for money
  • Ease of use
  • Features
  • Customer support
  • Likelihood to recommend8/10

Share this review:

Still most expensive, and still the best and most reliable

Reviewed 10 months ago

Overall, Photoshop is still my go-to when it comes to editing. I enjoy working in it. At first, it was a little hard to get a hang of all the features, but once I started learning from experts on YT, it became a lot easier. Although it's a little pricey compared to other programs, I believe it is still the most reliable and most versatile platform there is.

Pros

Photoshop is the most versatile program for photo editing. The range alone makes it worthwhile, and provides for excellent service. I like the pre-set features, but also the ability to customize most of them. Additionally, it is the industry standard, and as such, it it important for everyone dealing with content, marketing, graphic design. Recent updates to the Creative Cloud ensured its stability, so it's probably the safest program for your work. Additionally, there is a rich community that teaches you how to use all the tools in new ways.

Cons

The program itself is still a little pricey compared to similar programs, but I managed to get it on a student discount subscription. It takes a while to get a hang on, but once you have a few tools, and learn how to expand on those, it becomes pretty self-explanatory.

Overall Rating
  • Value for money
  • Ease of use
  • Features
  • Customer support
  • Likelihood to recommend7/10

Share this review:

Top tool for image creation and editing

Reviewed a year ago

I use Photoshop for editing photos, brochure and ad design, banner creation, and much more. It (with few other Adobe programs) helps me to get all graphic design things done, and some hobby projects too.

Pros

Photoshop has all the functionality one might need for graphic design, image editing, photography, both for work and hobby. I like the speed and how the tools are, they really help and save my time for more important things.

Cons

The only times when I turn to some other software are 1) when I want to sharpen the images, I rather use another software and 2) for digital painting, if I want a more traditional look, Corel Painter is better. Apart from this, Photoshop is the king. Competitors are not far behind though, and what I like the least in Photoshop is the pricing model. I prefer to buy the software once and use it (for years) without necessarily buying upgrades. Adobe's pricing model is good for short-term users and those who want constant upgrades. For long-term users who can live without the newest upgrades, this pricing policy is really bad.

Overall Rating
  • Value for money
  • Ease of use
  • Features
  • Customer support
  • Likelihood to recommend6/10

Share this review:

Photoshop in a Professional Setting

Reviewed a year ago

I utilize Photoshop daily in the work that I do whether that be actual graphic design or photo editing for my job. As an experienced user (from CS to present day CC) I understand where Creative Cloud is going in terms of making certain workflows and processes simple and more effective. However, in regards to that, it also seems like it leaves certain experienced individuals running around trying to...

Pros

The features I admire the most about Photoshop and the Adobe Creative Suite line is that the shortcuts (once you know them) tend to transpire throughout the other programs - and if some differ, they don't differ by much. I also like how streamline Photoshop works with the other programs within Adobe Creative Suite because you can import and/or drag and drop files within one another.

Cons

The thing to be noted with Photoshop if you're truly a beginner is that there is a steep learning curve. With the new updates for Creative Cloud (from what I've witnessed personally) I understand where Adobe was going with making things more simple to do, but in retrospect for someone with more experience certain functions are either hidden within panels and/are omitted completely. This can be a headache with new updates when a good handful of tools you're used to working with suddenly disappear. Adobe could fix this with having a legacy tool interface for those who are more experienced to the program to utilize.