Adobe Photoshop Logo

Suggested alternatives

dochipo
gotphoto
creacompo-2

The excellent customer support with a whole arsenal of video tutorials. Great Corporate logos and print designs for advertisement, brochures and personal cards are just great.
It's intuitive and robust. The user community is brilliant and they have built great plugins, brushes, templates and other tools to help you achieve your goals.
Overall my experience with photoshop has been great. I would definitely recommend it, and the fact that it comes with the tool suite subscription makes it worth the cost.
Sometimes I dislike that there are just SO many tools that it is hard to learn them all. A class would probably do wonders for someone looking to be versatile in the program.
It delays work and make you feel uncomfortable, especially when you don't know where to do it settings.
Photoshop is hard to master, with all of the intricacies contained in one program.

2,159 reviews

Onome D.

Artist-Facilitator

Education Management, self-employed

Love the service, not the subscription

Transcript

Onome D.: My name is Onome. I am an artist and facilitator and a solopreneur, and I would give Adobe...

JS

Jacob S.

Operations Director

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Still the Industry Standard

Transcript

Jacob: My name is Jacob. I'm an Operations Director at a church. I give Adobe Photoshop five out of five...

Md Fateh Ali S.

Design, 11-50 employees

"In Photoshop, Sky is the limit."

Adobe Photoshop is still unbeatable photo editing software. Photoshop is one of the best creations of Adobe Company. It's the favorite image editing software for every professional designer. Easy to use for any new bee and you can create anything using your imagination. In Photoshop, Sky is the only limit.

Pros

Adobe Photoshop has been the most used photo editing software for the longest time in the design field. It has plenty of pros that I can describe. The UI of Photoshop is absolutely incredible, and it has a wide variety of features and plugins. Edit photos and graphics it's easy and convenient. In image manipulation, Photoshop will introduce thousands of doors to the creative world. Selecting a subject and removing background from any image is 1 click away from getting a significant result. It has some crazy features like neuro filter, camera raw filter, sky replacement filter, and so on.

Cons

Definitely, Photoshop has some cons like its extreme resource hunter. If your PC configuration is up to date, then it's ok with you. Otherwise, it will take a while to open it, and if the file size is bigger, it will lag. Also, the subscription to this software will be costly but comes out with significant results.

Nkululeko N.

Graphic Design, 1-10 employees

It's Probably "Photoshopped" is What It Is. Why Choose Adobe Photoshop.

I designed my company logo, Shop Layout, Company Branding, Social Media Ads with Photoshop. I have used the software for 10 years now and it keep on getting better and better. Photoshop is the main design software my company uses for all clients' design jobs.

Pros

You can edit any image in each and every possible way. There is a huge tool menu that contains over 50+ tools and presets available for use. The 3D feature in Photoshop makes it easy to create 3D layers within the software. You can also create animations with Photoshop.

Cons

I cannot think of any offsets about this software.

MP

Mathew P.

Civil Engineering, 1,001-5,000 employees

Powerful Image Editing Tool

Photoshop is my goto image editing software. I will even scree capture images of our in house software and use Photoshop to enhance the capture instead of the capture software's tools.

Pros

I love that versatility that Photoshop provides through effects and layers. Layers, to me is the best part. Updating or editing images is much easier when making edits on a new layer. It also protects the original file.

Cons

My least favorite part of Photoshop is the actions. They can be helpful. I just have not mastered them yet.

lf

luis f.

Photography, self-employed

Crash bandicoot

Pros

I've been using this software since it's very first steps. Overall is a pretty good tool for my job.

Cons

Photoshop 22.1.1 been crashing while opening heif / heic files on my macOS Mojave 10.14.6I, for months now - and after sending the so call "Report", it has NOT been fixed. Its overpriced for all the bugs it's been having for the past 3 years. I feel attached to Adobe after so many years of being a user, but now I'm considering other options.

Muhammad Daud S.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Adobe Cloud and Photoshop, Best solutions for organisations.

Overall, I have used Adobe Photoshop for several years to get the desired output on the images. As an IT Professional, I have worked with several design applications and Photoshop is the best among them all.

Pros

Adobe Photoshop is the best tool in Graphics design and photo editing. It brings a real-time impression to images to meet the needs of an individual or organization for the set of delivery with filters, layers, set of design, enhancement, and merging of images. With new Photoshop AI features, it makes life easy for the graphic design team to get the desired output.

Cons

The New Version of Photoshop with AI requires more training and knowledge to work effectively.

AB

Autumn B.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

A Powerful Multitool

It has been an invaluable tool and allows me to get things done both quickly and with high quality.

Pros

Anything you can possibly want to do to an image is made possible in Photoshop. It truly offers everything with endless customization and tweaking. I have designed many images and edited hundreds of photos with it.

Cons

It is difficult to learn all of the features, I still learn new techniques everyday and sometimes it can be overwhelming.

Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Adobe Photoshop User w/4 Years of Experience

After getting accustomed to the platform, I have become a frequent user of Adobe Photoshop. It is a helpful tool for most, if not all, of my image editing/creation needs.

Pros

I like how Adobe Photoshop can meet each designer where they are. If you are a novice or only need basic photo editing tools, it is more than what you need. If you need to customize images, Adobe Photoshop is an amazing tool that can take your designs to the next level.

Cons

The basic tools are easy enough to find and utilize. However, there is a learning curve to master and use advanced features.

US

Uthso S.

Graphic Design, 1-10 employees

I am a graphic designers. I have a company.

Pros

Image editing, image animation creating and exporting are very nice.

Cons

Becuse photoshop is a most powerfull image editing and graphic design software.

SO

Seith O.

Architecture & Planning, 51-200 employees

Genuine comments about Adobe photoshop

i have had fan using photoshop , having the freedom to create what ever i wanted

Pros

it gives designers freedom to create or transform anything

Cons

you can not learn it all, its so wide. it requires a lot of learning every single day

AC

Allie C.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Adobe Photoshop Review

I absolutely love Adobe Photoshop and would highly recommend it for others in the Photography business.

Pros

I absolutely love Adobe Photoshop because I can always get the inspired image results I need

Cons

Honestly, I really want to buy Adobe Photoshop for my friend who is a photographer to be able to start her business but it's pretty expensive. I wish there was a way to pay for a 3 month trial for those who are unsure if they want to commit to it or not.

VM

Van McLean R.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Still the topnotch image editing software for graphic artists

You can basically do anything and everything with Photoshop. This is what I primarily use for marketing flyer creations from scratch.

Pros

Adobe Photoshop allows you to create your image from scratch and lets your imagination translate into an actual product/layout. It has the most comprehensive feature and shortcut keys are easy to remember for ease of working. Depends on the laptop that youre using as well, it loads faster and edits faster as it's very easy to switch from one function to another - and the toolbar on the left is also very accessible. On the recent Photoshop versions, you can create and save your own workspace which will allow you to choose only the most used icons and functions.

Cons

It has the tendency to eat up a lot of memory depend on your artwork. Photoshop would also require high computer requirements in order for the software to function well. These are very technical observations as the software itself is very great

EL

Eero L.

Consumer Electronics, 1-10 employees

Top tool for image creation and editing

I use Photoshop for editing photos, brochure and ad design, banner creation, and much more. It (with few other Adobe programs) helps me to get all graphic design things done, and some hobby projects too.

Pros

Photoshop has all the functionality one might need for graphic design, image editing, photography, both for work and hobby. I like the speed and how the tools are, they really help and save my time for more important things.

Cons

The only times when I turn to some other software are 1) when I want to sharpen the images, I rather use another software and 2) for digital painting, if I want a more traditional look, Corel Painter is better. Apart from this, Photoshop is the king. Competitors are not far behind though, and what I like the least in Photoshop is the pricing model. I prefer to buy the software once and use it (for years) without necessarily buying upgrades. Adobe's pricing model is good for short-term users and those who want constant upgrades. For long-term users who can live without the newest upgrades, this pricing policy is really bad.

SS

Sean S.

Design, 1-10 employees

Graphic Design and Editing made easy.

My overall experience is very good, I've done some interesting projects with Photoshop which I could have done in other software or it would have taken me longer. I haven't had too many issues that I needed assistance with except for billing, where I got billed twice but it was resolved in a reasonable amount of time. It took me several days, initially, to figure out some of the quirks and features of Photoshop, of which, I mostly had to look on Youtube for tips and tricks.

Pros

Photoshop is the best graphic design tool on the market, this software offers so much content and tools that help you design whatever you want that I couldn't possibly go to another software. The library and templates offered, make life so much easier with various different aspects of design, from images to your own custom designs.

Cons

customer support isn't the most helpful or punctual and it tends to take several emails to resolve tickets. The software is difficult to use and some of what you get out of its Help Wizard can confuse you, even more, the biggest obstacle for any general user is the user interface, there are just so many buttons, for some, it can be overwhelming, while those like me with trying each button to see what they do.

AH

Adal H.

Computer Software, self-employed

Why you might want to start using Adobe Photoshop if your're a Designer.

Pros

I personally love most about the software is the amount of ease it creates especially for designers. Whether it be designs for clothing, editing images/photos, graphic design, UI design, or making templates. Photoshop has many features that can give you a head advantage compared to other softwares. Freedom of design would be something I will title this software for.

Cons

Photoshop is a great product and I would recommend designers to at least try it out. Although nothing is perfect, and I still have some UI issues with it or setting up the arrnagemnt of the UI. For example the 3D feature or Photoshop tools icons glitch often which creates a uneasy time for me. Although it doesn't have a huge effect whatsoever.

Himanshu V.

Printing, 1-10 employees

Its my Daily Professional Friend who does everything which I command it.. Thank you

I can't say bad, but it's best as I said earlier few issues are there.. but they can solve it

Pros

It's the best photoshop editing software from 10 years in which I am contacted with Photoshop.. and let me tell you its second-best software that I love from Adobe.. first is Illustrator.

Cons

GIF which It exports comes Blurry and transparent edges are showing loot of unprofessional look..

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

An overpriced sovereign

Photoshop remains the reference software for what concerns retouching and image manipulation. Despite the appearance of several competitors, most studios continue to use it and to have their teams work on it. The biggest advantage of the software, remains the force of habit.

AT

Atour T.

Research, 51-200 employees

Editing photos in various formats is simple.

Utilizing cloud storage is quite practical since I can sync and access the required files from numerous PCs located in various towns and countries.

Pros

I have complete control over the image I work with. I start working on it as soon as I upload it and continue till I apply the finishing touches.I can balance out the skin tone, brighten the eyes, erase freckles, remove a mole I don't like, or just a little wrinkle or blemish. I can also whiten teeth and straighten hair. These are but a few of the features I have access to in Adobe Photoshop.This is badly required for our firm .

Cons

The system requirements for running Photoshop have been updated, and it takes up a lot of RAM. Additionally, photos with Photoshop demand a lot of storage space. When the system requirements do not match the required graphics, performance problems and time lag result.

AE

Adriano E.

Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 employees

Considering getting into Photoshop? Please read my review to see if it is worthy it your $.

Whether I am creating ads or editing images for our website, or social media, Photoshop is an invaluable tool. Personally, I have used Photoshop to edit photos of my two children since they were born - memorializing beautifully those special moments of their lives. I also use Photoshop extensively for editing outdoor photography. As a resident of the beautiful Pacific Northwest, I am 30 minutes away from beautiful lakes and mountains. Photoshop has not disappointed me in 20 years since my college days!

Pros

Photoshop is powerful. I can't think of something photo-editing-wise that you can not do with Photoshop. Having said that, what I like most is that if I don't know how to get something done, there are Adobe pro tips available everywhere. The knowledge base library is extensive and whether you are a beginner or a veteran user of the app, you never few stuck or unable to get to that next level.

Cons

The cost of using the product is prohibitive for most people. I guess adobe has a specific demographic in mind for Adobe Photoshop...

MR

Meheli R.

Photography, self-employed

Adobe Photoshop Review

Would it be advisable for me to get Photoshop? That depends. Assuming you are searching for proficient grade programming and need to work in the expert visual computerization space, learn Photoshop. It's an incredible instrument that many individuals in this industry use to make and wonderful their plans. Realizing the program will assist you with learning new projects in the future too. Assuming you are a specialist, I suggest utilizing GIMP or Krita. Why? Photoshop membership charges add up rapidly, and free projects can do a considerable lot of Photoshop's primary elements.

Pros

PROS Consistent Updates: Adobe offers ordinary updates, fixing bugs, refining instruments, and adding more highlights. The consistent updates keep the application cutthroat on the lookout. Wide Usage: Millions of individuals use Adobe Photoshop, making it a practically all inclusive language among creators and specialists, extraordinary for joint effort. Consistent Compatibility with Other Adobe...

Cons

Cons Costly: Photoshop should be paid for through a perpetual membership. It is absolutely impossible to buy the product by and large, an enormous channel on makers who continually then need to dish out many dollars to utilize programming that turns into a crucial piece of their inventive framework. Overpowering Toolset: The quantity of Photoshop highlights can be overpowering on occasion, particularly...

PV

Piyush V.

Animation, 51-200 employees

Adobe Photoshop Review

Anybody needing to be an expert in the inventive business needs to learn Adobe Photoshop well. Its upper hands are definitely more significant than its impediments. You should make certain of your requirements in light of the fact that Photoshop offers gigantic usefulness. Ideally by getting mindful of these benefits and burdens of utilizing Photoshop will assist you with settling on the ideal choice prior to buying this program

Pros

You can rehabilitate old photographs which have been harmed. Photoshop offers exceptional devices and channels for this reason. Instances of valuable devices are Vanishing point and Clone stamp. Resizing pictures to an ideal pixel tallness and width can be effortlessly done in Photoshop. Photoshop has exceptional usefulness for movement. You can make outlines in layer structure which can be...

Cons

Being a very good quality programming, it could be challenging for certain fledglings to explore through the UI from the get go. As there are a wide assortment of elements and usefulness, you probably will need to initially recognize your motivation in learning Photoshop and afterward learn highlights that satisfy your necessities. Running Photoshop programming requires enormous space in the memory,...

Computer Software, self-employed

Why can't I dispense with Adobe Photoshop?

I've been using it for 3 years now and it's so great I've used it, loved the handling, ease of use and the amount of time saving it gave me, really, you will never regret trying it.

Pros

One of the most powerful features that I always use a lot is (object selection tool), I can’t believe how much it is a tool that will save you time, the artificial intelligence is very powerful in this tool, so the object is selected automatically and very professionally. Also, one of the features that I liked and made my photos at the top of professionalism, is the option (Set Focus Point) where it...

Cons

Of all these filters and features, only if Adobe adds a similar feature as in Adobe Lightroom, which is the feature of copying and pasting colors easily.

TA

Temitope A.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Adobe Photoshop: The Undeniable Leader in Photo Editing

I use Adobe Photoshop for photo editing at all times as it gives me the best result so far. It is easy to integrate with other business platforms I use for design works. I gladly recommend it to anyone aiming to achieve the best photo editing experience as long as he/she is ready to learn.

Pros

There is no rivalry with Adobe Photoshop by any other photo editing software. I have been working with and studying the tools in Photoshop for more than a decade and still getting to discover their various functionalities, even, more are still being introduced with each update. I especially like the innovations brought in in the aspect of artificial intelligence, intelligent object detection and sky replacement feature. Photoshop gives me room to express my creativity as much as I can, I can even change my pictures into a painting or merge different images together. I can also work across different systems remotely while also getting real-time support from colleagues when a variety of ideas are required on a project. The mobile app is another beautiful addition.

Cons

Photoshop can be overwhelming for those who are just starting out in photo editing and designs generally. The multilayer approach to the workspace can be more simplified and put together on the same workspace like CorelDraw. Photoshop files can also take a lot of space which makes file sharing a little clumsy. The developers should also work on the payment options as there is no room for a one-time license option.

JA

Joe A.

Information Technology and Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Love and Frustration: My Experience with Adobe Photoshop

Despite these drawbacks, I still believe that Photoshop is an essential tool for any photographer or graphic designer. Its range of features, flexibility, and seamless integration with other Adobe products make it a powerful asset for anyone working in the creative industries. I highly recommend Adobe Photoshop to anyone looking for a comprehensive, powerful image editing software program. Its user-friendly interface, flexibility, and seamless integration with other Adobe products make it a top choice for photographers, graphic designers, and other creative professionals.

Pros

One of the things I like most about Photoshop is its user-friendly interface. Despite the program's complexity, Adobe has done an excellent job of organizing the various tools and options in a way that makes sense and is easy to navigate. Whether you're a beginner or an advanced user, you can find the tools you need quickly and easily. Another feature I appreciate about Photoshop is its incredible...

Cons

Sure, here's a review of Adobe Photoshop based on your feedback:While I think Adobe Photoshop is an excellent image editing software program, there are a few things that I find frustrating about the program.One of the biggest drawbacks of Photoshop is its price. As a professional photographer and graphic designer, I need access to the full suite of Adobe products, including Photoshop. However, the...

Michelangelo C.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

The tool most used by every photographer.

Little to say: it's Photoshop. the historical program with all its pros, its infinite functions, its infinite bugs and that air that is always reassuring for those who have used it for decades. Honestly, however, I do not think it is the best software for those who are looking out now.

Pros

Objectively, the most advanced software ever for photo editing. It is effective and precise in all its functions and updates, in recent years, no longer create problems in updates. Useful and interesting cloud integration and, above all, Adobe Fonts.

Cons

It's a hell of a tool. If you are a beginner it will take years to find and understand how all the functions work, it has an absurd cost when compared to competitors who still have good quality. Not to mention when it shuts down randomly due to bugs.

RC

Radek C.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

A Powerhouse for Creative Minds

Exploring Adobe Photoshop feels like unlocking a treasure chest of creative possibilities, where each tool and feature offers a new avenue for artistic expression. The journey through its complex interface and functionalities is challenging, yet immensely rewarding, as mastery brings the power to transform imagination into visual reality. Despite its steep learning curve, Photoshop remains an essential tool for professionals and enthusiasts alike, continually evolving to lead the frontier of digital creativity.

Pros

Adobe Photoshop offers an unparalleled array of tools and features, enabling deep control over digital images and fostering limitless creativity. Continuous updates introduce cutting-edge features, keeping Photoshop innovative and ensuring users have access to the latest in imaging technology.

Cons

The complexity and steep learning curve of Photoshop can be daunting for beginners, making it less accessible for those new to digital editing. Its subscription-based pricing model, although offering constant updates and cloud services, can represent a significant ongoing cost, especially for hobbyists and freelancers.