Bluehost Reviews

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

elementor
eventcreate-1

We have been with Bluehost for years for a reason, best value, best hosting, best overall support.
Not like some other web hosting services that would charge higher with little benefits. I really love their Managed WordPress plan, it's the best for me and that's what I use.
It's really easy to setup and magnificent pricing model. It also have a pretty good self help materials for it's clients.
I am not techy and find it difficult to navigate. I tried to cancel and they lied to me about the renewal policy and cancelation on the phone, and refused to let me cancel.
Also they are changing their hosting plans fairly regularly and make it unclear about whether they require you to upgrade or not (they send you a vague email saying your account MAY be affected).

Mohamed E.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

A strong service in addition to the cheap price

A very strong service in addition to the cheap price and suitable for most customers.

Pros

•The service stability rate is very good. •Excellent performance of WordPress systems.•The low prices of its services with additional offers and discounts.•CPANEL control panel is common and simple.•Domain and free hosting for a trial period.•Technical support is fast.•The ability to retrieve money within 30 days.

Cons

•Small hosting packages limited resources.•Site transfer service is not free.•The place of servers in the United States of America only.•There are no Windows servers.•Do not accept monthly payment.

KO

Kimberly O.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

It'll be 6 years with Bluehost this year.

I've been with Bluehost for six years now with minimal issues. I haven't needed customer support in ages and everything runs seamlessly. I think I chose wisely.

Pros

One stop shopping. I have found that it offer everything I need and the customer service is excellent.

Cons

I get importing errors more than I'd like and I have to figure out why. Also, while there are a lot of add on opportunities it can get expensive quickly for a small business.

KB

Kelly B.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Great hosting platform for HTML/static webpages and Wordpress webpages

Positive, customer service is helpful and always available. Fairly price hosting platform with secure and up-to-date features for any level of experienced website creators.

Pros

WordPress is integrated into the hosting portal, which makes it easy for the developer to access advanced settings or other users to interact with non-advance, user-friendly settings to edit the website. SSL certificate is included with yearly service at no additionally cost.

Cons

Blue Host does not currently have the option to deploy dynamic web apps.

sj

shukurah j.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Bluehost review

In general: We were a client for 3+ years however client service couldn't have cared less. Business should get going admirably when you couldn't care less about your drawn out clients. The help group would more than once push our inquiries to another person, wouldn't react for a few work days, and proposed that they weren't dependable if our locales were disconnected.

Pros

It is easy to use, even a novice can develop a website using bluehost, it has beautiful premade template that can be used.another fantastic thing about bluehost is, it is inexpensive and it came with a bonus. After purchasing hosting from bluehost, you get a free domain name for one year.

Cons

For the value, the assistance is in reality very great... at the point when it stays on the web. We became weary of rehashed vacation (1-2x each month) and a few times our destinations were disconnected two or three days. Client service was not in the least strong, in any event, attempting to say that it was on us to ensure our sites had reinforcements and that they weren't capable if our sites were away for acceptable.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Ok well priced hosting

I have had some issues with Bluehost but nothing at all major. All in all it's a good budget choice for people wanting hosting.

Pros

Good hosting, and great customer support. Relatively easy to integrate with other apps and make changes in cpanel. Provides seamless WordPress login,

Cons

It has been glitchy at times but customer support has always helped me sort things out relatively quickly.

CM

Cora M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Bluehost is needed but leaves questions

Its been necessary to have the customer service support, to figure out all the confusion that comes with having a website, but over all I feel like I'm paying far more money than I actually need to be.

Pros

I know it gives me what I need to have a safe and professional website as well as professional domain, which helps me appear high quality to potential clients. It's also really great that there is customer service chat option at any time.

Cons

It all feels confusing, not very user friendly and theres been a number of times I've spoken to customer service trying to get something figured out between bluehost and another provider I'm integrating with. I wish there was a more clear explanation of how to use it and why we need it.

FD

Fernando D.

Investment Management, 1-10 employees

Good for simple things and having just one website per account.

Though we haven't had a great experience with Bluehost, I understand how it could be an okay option for an user with little experience on WebDev and DevOps.

Pros

If all you need is one website to manage, it is affordable and an okay service.

Cons

Their customer service is beyond bad, managing several websites from one account can be problematic and simple things like DNS records sometimes takes your through very convoluted menus and submenus.

MS

Manish Singh B.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Reliable Web Hosting Provider but customer support is not good.

Bluehost is generally considered to be a reliable and user-friendly web hosting provider. They offer a wide range of hosting plans at affordable prices. The issues are limited resources on basic plans, higher renewal rates, and late customer support. s.

Pros

Bluehost is known for its reliable hosting services. The company guarantees a 99.9% uptime for all its plans, which means that the website will be up and running almost all the time. It also offers affordable pricing for its hosting plans.They offer a one-click installation for popular CMS platforms like WordPress but its user interface is a little bit confusing compared to Hostinger.Bluehost gives security features to protect your website from malware and other online threats. They also offer free SSL certificates for all their plans.

Cons

While Bluehost's basic plans are affordable, they may not offer enough resources for high-traffic websites or resource-intensive applications.The introductory pricing offered by Bluehost can be quite attractive, but the renewal rates can be significantly higher, which could be a problem if you're on a tight budget. Additional fees for backups and site migrations.Longer wait times during peak periods, so customer support is not good enough.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Reliable Website Hosting service

Pros

I like that their shared hosting plan for the website are reliable enough if you are starting out with your very first website and can later upgrade if your hosting needs increase. The basic email they provide via Cpanel is reliable enough to receive and send an email, for me to conduct my daily business communications. They have good enough built-in integration to work with WordPress easily. Whenever I reach out to their support chat for help, I have got a live response and got all my queries resolved.

Cons

They promote Sitelock along with the hosting purchase, which I got for the first year but did not find good enough service to continue for the second year. I hope they stop promoting Sitelock as an addon in their purchase option as it isn’t that good. Their pricing has increased over the last few years.

Hayley W.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

Bluehost is the Best Option for Me

Pros

The affordability and streamlined way it works with Wordpress made Bluehost the best choice for me

Cons

There were a couple times that I hit a snag with the hosting platform and it required a little work on my end to get the customer service I needed. However, I will say over the years, the support has gotten better for sure.

MS

Malary S.

Consumer Services, self-employed

A little pricey for what is given

My experience was okay. I think it would be better for someone with more computer and website building experience. The Customer service was good, when I did need help their service was pretty standard. I purchased the annual subscription and I have switched to another service after two months.

Pros

I liked that you could easily pair it with WordPress. It was nice to be able to purchase both programs together and have them function together.

Cons

It didn’t have too much to offer for the price. You don’t receive much on Bluehost and the dashboard is very limiting.

SK

Saria K.

Financial Services, self-employed

Easy for newbies , excellent customer support

I like Bluehost, and I would definitely recommend it, especially to beginners.

Pros

When I started my website, I was completely new and had no outside help. Naturally, the technical aspects intimidated me. However, after several reviews and comparisons, I decided to go with Bluehost, and I was not disappointed. Overall for all the features it provides, the plans are pretty affordable.It is very user-friendly, and installing WordPress was a breeze and super easy.Though I haven't contacted their customer support frequently (because I don't have issues with Bluehos), from my few interactions, the help was exceptional as all my queries were addressed in one interaction.

Cons

To be quite honest, after almost two years of using Bluehost, there isn't anything I dislike. I would have to make up something, and that would be dishonest. Sometimes, I have read negative reviews on different forums, but I often find myself saying that is not my experience.

TK

Tibor K.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Bluehost Hosting is great value

Pros

Bluehost is one of the best value for web hosting out there and we also especially like their support team, they always resolved every issue for us, if a support team member didn't have the answer, they always found someone else to help and resolve the issue with one ticket.

Cons

Need more control on customer email spamming, we had issues before from some companies putting us on a blackmail list simply because some of Bluehost customers used their email for spamming. We hope more spam control is installed in the future.

RR

Rebecca R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Solid web hosting company

Pros

I have used Bluehost for the past 4-5 years as the hosting service for my business website. The best thing is it’s integration with Wordpress. I was able to build my website easily and if I’ve ever encountered issues, the customer service has always been prompt and effective. I currently host a few different websites with Bluehost with no complaints!

Cons

It took a little bit of a learning curve to initially set up and figure out the interface, especially because I already had a domain that I purchased elsewhere. I think it would have been simpler if I had purchased the domain initially from Bluehost and didn’t have to transfer it over.

NM

Nancy M.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Worst Service

I need URGENTLY contact information to address problems with more than one of my websites hosted by Bluehost. I am chatting and speaking with Customer Service and Support for more than one month. without any solution. At this point, I am robbed by Bluehost because is charging me and NO giving me service charged

Pros

In the past work fine, actually for months works terribly or not work

Cons

Not working and nobody can give real support or make decisions or take responsibility about services paid and not received

GC

Giulio C.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Terrible hosting service, don't use it!

Pros

No benefits, I regret to have bought it, don't use it!

Cons

My website has been down for over a week to date, I contacted the customer support 10+ times, they always argue that the matter has been escalated to a higher support team that will respond in further 24-72 hours. Also, back-up data are apparently stored in the same servers as the production data, which is the most incompetent move ever. I have never seen such a poor service.

AA

Alexandra A.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Horrendous Customer Service

Not great.

Pros

It does what it says on the tin. I wouldn't say it offers anything particular different or special. It offers hosting and host it does. It has simple & good integration with Wordpress.

Cons

My website crashed during a really important promotional time. I sat on hold in a panic for over 6 hours and then when I reached a customer service agent, there weren't able to help. This was a couple of years ago now and I decided to migrate most of my websites away from Bluehost quite quickly. My new hosting would have spoken to me within seconds and solved the issue or at least explained what had gone wrong and the best ways to fix it. I was angry to say the least.

BM

Brandon M.

Construction, self-employed

If I could give negative below 1 rating I would

Worst website hosting I’ve ever used and it’s not cheap.

Pros

Customer service is so good they make you want to shove a knife into your brain

Cons

Customer service is garbage. They don’t care about customers they only take your money and out you on hold.

MD

Matt D.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

Perfect web hosting and email servers

Pros

Wordpress and Bluehost work seamlessly together to create a great experience. Customer support chat is quick and responsive when an issue does arise.

Cons

Our company also uses Bluehost for email. However, there seems to be outages once every few months or so.

Market Research, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Used to be good, now sucks and employs scammy business practices

It used to be good, but now it sucks. There are much better options on the market... I guess when a company gets so big and popular, they stop caring.

Pros

In general, Bluehost was ok, but they've become scammy and awful. Support is offered 24/7, but the agents are not really reliable. Some are good, some just cut the convo if they don't know how to help, and then you have to start all over again, wasting your time on waiting and the explaining everything from the top.

Cons

Scammy business practices. They automatically set everything to auto-renew without asking. They also gift you free addons (that you most likely don't even need) and they set those to auto-renew also just so they can leach money.

ae

abdo e.

Civil Engineering, 5,001-10,000 employees

It is a great hosting company for starting businesses

Pros

What I liked the most was the flexible pricing! It is not too expensive to get started; also, they provided great plan as my business started to grow.

Cons

What I didn't like was the customer support. It is slow; maybe because I've a small plan, I'm not sure.

NW

Neil W.

Design, 1-10 employees

The Worst Hosting I've Ever Used

Terrible, trying to get a refund at the moment, it's like talking to a robot.

Pros

Nothing, I have nothing good to say about the company, steer well clear!

Cons

1. Anybody who has Avast anti virus will get blocked with Blacklist URL - they have an unresolved conflict with Avast. 2. My entire site just disappeared three times, the first two times I got it back, the third it came back but missing styling and other features, when I asked them to restore it, nobody did. 3. It's slow.

TC

Taylor C.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Bluehost Webhosting

Pros

The ease of use is excellent. I use this software weekly for my webhosting clients. I highly recommend.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about the software, it does exactly what I need it to do and I have never had any issues with it.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Bluehost Review

I love bluehost experience, and it is one of the most reliable hosting providers company that I highly recommend it.

Pros

Bluehost is the best hosting provider for me, and the support team responds quickly and solves my issue as fast as possible. They have integrated with other important software and all of this with a little amount of money.

Cons

The user interface of Bluehost is hard to understand for non-technical users and there is not enough instruction so I had to go over YouTube videos so I can understand what should I do.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

SERVER DOWN ALL THE TIME | SERVER SLOWER THAN SNAIL

NONE. BLUEHOST BRINGS NO VALUE TO OUR COMPANY WHAT SO EVER. THE WORST DECISION EVER MADE.

Pros

Cons

WE SPENT OVER $100 FOR SHARED HOSTING AND OUR SITE IS ALWAYS DOWN ALL THE TIME.