In the online environment most people spend a large amount of their time emailing. In essence, it should make our lives easier but with all the emails, websites, business, shopping etc. some individuals may feel that email has complicated life to the extent that we lose track of what we do. Some people use task management tools, such as AtTask or ProWorkflow or Zoho Projects, but an additional way to utilize time effectively and to make your life more organized and manageable is to have more than one email address.
For those of you still using one email address for all aspects of your online communication, here are 9 reasons why you need to have multiple email addresses, and why it will simplify your life instead of complicating it.
1. Separate your Business Email
There are many people out there that use their work or business email address as their only email account. This can easily lead to confusion as well as an inbox filled with unread junk, mail often causing important emails to be lost or over looked.
2. Personal Email Address and Junk Mail
Many people find it useful to have three or more email addresses. One for important business emails, one for important personal emails, and finally an email address that you use for anything that may send spam your way i.e. when joining interesting websites or trying to get free online software .
3. Identity Protection
With the onset of the new social media buzz on the Internet (Twitter, Facebook etc.), online privacy has become an ever increasing issue. By having a non essential email address that you use for all social websites you are more protected from having privacy invasions than if you use your business or personal email address.
4. Easy Handover of Large Projects
If you are engaged in a large long-term contract or project, having an email address dedicated to that specific project makes sense if you are ever transferred or move jobs. You can just hand over the email address and password to your replacement.
5. Disposable Email Accounts
We live in a world where there are so many things that are disposable and email addresses can be added to that list. With the many free online email accounts that take just a few minutes to set up, it’s easy to create an email address that can be disposed of after it has served its purpose. There are many instances where such a disposable email will make sense. Examples include short term projects, an email address specific to one online application (such as Facebook or Twitter), for testing purposes, etc; basically, anytime you are unsure of the period of use.
The many free online email account options make email access easy and global, but by using programs such as Outlook you can also have all the online emails stored on your computer’s hard drive. This will allow you to make access of multiple email accounts but no different than accessing only one account.
7. If You Require an Alias
Most Internet users are becoming writers in their own rights, whether it is as blog writers, forum posters or website owners. Often using an alias is better than revealing your true identity. An alias email address will help track any communication that may occur under your alias.
8. For Groups or Families
If you are involved in a group or you want a separate email that your children can use along with the rest of the family, creating an email for the group will help coordinate communication for a group and does not interfere with other emails.
9. As a Backup
One of the ways that email providers secure your account from a lost password or after unauthorized account access is by using a backup email address that can be used to send a password reminder or new password setup; make sure that you have these measures in place.
Email accounts are easy to setup and there is really no limit to how many you can have. Use this to better organize and manage your communication. There are few options to obtain free email addresses.
You can also use professional email management software to host your business mails and run efficient email marketing campaigns.
These are some of the most popular email management solutions:
- Mailjet Email Service: An all-in-one solution to send, track and deliver both marketing and transactional emails. Its cloud-based infrastructure is highly scalable. A proprietary technology optimizes the deliverability of the messages.
- SendinBlue Email: It allows you to manage your marketing campaigns, transactional emails, and SMS messages all in one simple and powerful platform. It include tools for designing personalized emails, send your campaign to all your subscribers or a custom contact list, with clear statistical reports to track results, and improve your email marketing.
- Benchmark: Its online marketing tools helps you keep connected to your customers and followers alike. Benchmark pledges to give your business an engaging relationship with your subscribers in the following ways: Secure, dependable email marketing, professional event management, unified branding across your social networks
- Zoho Mail: An email hosting service built with the needs of a modern business in mind. It provides best-in-class features for business users to communicate effectively while catering to the fine-grained customization and mailbox management needs of IT administrators.