Prime Suite Logo

Suite for managing patients, records and medical operations

Prime Suite Reviews

Suggested alternatives

athenaclinicals
nextgen-enterprise
nextgen-ambulatory-ehr

We have been with Greenway PS since 2008 and love the ease of the system. The integration of the practice management and the chart is amazing.
The customer service is always quick to answer and helpful. They also have chat features and after hours care which i have used to great success.
Primesuite is by far and away the absolute worst of the worst. I am actually leaving my current practice for a new job in large part because of this EMR system, which makes my job much more difficult.
If you just run with the basics without modifying it for yourself, you will be frustrated and wasting your time and money.

TR

Tiffany R.

What's Great about Greenway - Prime Suite

I was on the team responsible for reviewing and selecting the EHR system for our office. When we compared Greenway against several other leading EHR programs we found Prime Suite to be the most functional for all levels of computer capabilities. The cost was also competitive when compared to their competition and has remained so no matter what we've had to change or add over the past few years. Besides functionality we needed a customer support team that wouldn't abandon us and Greenway has not disappointed us in any way. They really appear to make customer service a priority by being prompt with their follow-ups, pleasant to work with when you feel completely inadequate and strive to provide a solution immediately.

Pros

Cons

Occasionally the system gets a bug that can take longer than you'd like to be fixed. The cons are really nothing you can't expect from a computer program and occasionally it crashes but this happens very seldom.

MU

Matthew U.

Medical Practice,

Matthew from Dunbar Medical Associates, PLLC

Pros

The ability to customize the product to meet the needs of any sized practice or specialty. The product works out of the "box" but can easily be adjusted for more complex workflows and office needs. Intuitive layout - very similar to a paper chart. Vendor has had some growing pains but supports its product very well and listens to customers suggestions and complaints. Customer support through the Greenway...

Cons

Rapid expansion of the product have caused some growing pains but things are definitely improving. Their last upgrade was a big improvement to the product and allows for a greater flexibility and functionality from the previous version. This upgrade had a steep relearning curve but well worth the time and effort to master the new functionality.

RB

Richard B.

Beware!

Poor at best. They also sold us a dictation product that constantly crashes the system. Literally multiple times a day.

Pros

Not easy to implement. Had to totally rearrange our office flow and we wrote most of the templates for patient visits ourselves.

Cons

There have been issues all along with this software. Glitches, the product stops working due to "upgrades" and workarounds have to be done. Now, most recently, they changed something on their end-not ours- without any warning at all and we are being told we have to get a whole new internet to correct the issue. We are now switching to a new product and the 2 companies won't talk with each other to transfer the data smoothly. Beyond frustrating. Haven't had normal office functioning of the product for weeks and they are NOT helpful fixing the problems that they created themselves.

BE

Brittany E.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

User friendly, great reporting.

Used PrimeSuite in a cardiology practice for 5 years until I left that position for another practice. I loved it from day 1.

Pros

The software is just very user friendly. If you know how to operate a computer in general, you can work in PrimeSuite with ease. Compared to other systems I have used, this definitely "takes the cake" in that area. The reporting options are also great, especially when you get into the custom reporting you can build for pretty much whatever you need. I have worked in 3 systems and PrimeSuite is my favorite. Being fully integrated has so many benefits for billing, clinical, and administrative staff as well.

Cons

The one and only con I can think of is that the customer service went downhill after using PrimeSuite for about 5 years. During the 4th year, hold times were ridiculous, we didn't get calls back, there were no estimated times for resolution, and no one seemed to really be concerned no matter how much we complained. I have been off of PrimeSuite for 2 years now though so hopefully that has improved and went back to the stellar customer service we had in the beginning.

KH

Kristin H.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

PrimeSuite Review

Have been live on PrimeSuite since 2012, coming from a paper system, after extensive research of several other EMRs. Launched front and back office at the same time at 5 different offices. Reporting capabilities and ease of creating Excel and Word files that everyone could read were a real draw.

Pros

Working most in the clinical applications side, I find the ease of documenting patient visits and the ability to track an order from start to completion a real asset.

Cons

The medication module takes patience. It is the area I hear the most about from providers and clinical staff. Improvements could be made here.

ES

Elena S.

You are on your own

Our overall experience has been poor

Pros

We are site 64, using this product for more than 10 years. The clinical portion is easy and intuitive, although we have received zero support in learning. The notes are easy to read and fast to complete.

Cons

The management portion is quite difficult, but most of all, the instruction is not existing and, after paying for advanced training, we are going no where. The support is not only horrendous for the software, but the billing is even worse. They have been charging us for features that we don’t use and our representative occasionally responds to email but never showed up at the meetings that HE set up. It has been over two months and still …no response

LS

Louetta S.

Medical Practice,

Good experience - would recommend above others

Pros

We have been with Greenway since 2006 and really love the software and it's capabilities. The templates are very easy to tweak to the provider's way of practicing. The online customer support panel and training are improving by the day. I used to train others on EHR's so I have several to compare it to and by far I recommend Greenway. No software is perfect but I believe that they are trying to stay in touch with what the customer needs and offer many alternatives.

Cons

Like I mentioned in previous comments, we have been with Greenway since 2006. But in the last 2 years, they have made some changes and problems occurring because of those changes. The changes are because of the mergers with other software vendors. But with that being said, since I have trained other on computer software, I expected hiccups with the merger. I do think that Greenway is hiring many people to try to rectify the situation and will come back out on top.

KH

Kelle H.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Muliple Practice User

I manage 5 practices that utilize Prime Suite, both housed and hosted. I have worked with Greenway for over 5 years and although there have been a few bumps in the road, Greenway always steps up and improves the software and customer experience. I have worked with every major software in the current market, as well as providing training on many of them, Greenway is always my #1 choice.

Pros

Effective training material Superior customer support Clear and well defined work flows Integrated clearinghouse

Cons

Cloud based version is a bit challenging Invoicing and changes to invoicing is difficult to facilitate

RD

Ron D.

Medical Practice, 201-500 employees

Huggins Hospital input

Overall we are pleased with the solution. We have been on it since Sept 2011 and have 10 practices including 7 primary care and 3 specialties up on it as well as our Hospitalists and ED. We also have a lab interface that obtains results from our inpatient system. Sometimes getting support responses on clinical items has been difficult though we do have a network of people at Greenway who make themselves available to pursue critical items for us (thanks!).

Pros

For small-medium size offices/implementations like ours, we find it is a good fit and works well. Navigation is easy and intuitive. We are also finding that currently, the application has been at its most stable point since we've been on it. The v17.30 release improved things substantially.

Cons

It would be helpful if some items in the build could be customized by users. Such as the Clinical summaries and being able to pull lab results directly into a correspondence to name a few. The Wizard is also coming with ICD9 and not ICD10 codes.

TM

Tara M.

Medical Practice, 501-1,000 employees

Great EHR - easy to manipulate

Pros

It seemed easy for our team to manipulate the foundation system to our needs. I think it would be ideal for small to medium size medical practices looking for an all in one solution.

Cons

It seems that because the software was able to be configured to allow for a variety of methods to complete tasks it made tough from a training perspective. To prevent any inconsistency, I would recommend setting procedures and policies and building training from there.

ch

candace h.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Don't bother

Horrible

Pros

I do't have anything positive to say about this software

Cons

customer service is awful. I have had a support ticket open for 253 days for an error with pulling prescription history. Not a single person has contacted me, I asked for a supervisor and there isn't on.

mn

michael n.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Repeatedly Bill for services despite being paid

NOt good - the billing department cannot keep accounts straight cannot keep invoices straight can tell us why we are being billed

Pros

It works .... most of the time nothing special easily replaced by many others which are less expensive and will have less interruptions due to THEIR mistakes

Cons

Their Billing department is totally confused. WE have then set up on a monthly pay basis - every three months or so they shut us down for a week stating we have not paid. We then have to make multiple phone calls send them copies of our bank statements etc etc and they reinstate us realizing they cant keep track of payments made. THis has become a real problem ans we will be seeking another vendor very soon

CR

Carmel R.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Valley Ob-Gyn Clinic, P.C. - Greenway has been our partner in transforming our practice

Overall we have had an excellent experience with Greenway and Prime Suite both the software side and the customer service side. Given the complexity of implementing any large scale IT project, we have had issues arise along the way; but the customer service response in addressing the issues has been very good. Compared to our first EMR- Prime Suite is a Ferrari. We are consistently impressed with...

Pros

Stability of the platform Ease of adding features and functions to address our needs Ability to customize and automate so many workflows Reporting and Analytics Customer Service support

Cons

Inability to route prenatal flowsheets for review and signatures Difficulty keeping up with Vocabulary Reconciliation Level of IT knowledge or understanding necessary to maintain the system

RF

Robin F.

This reviewer only left a rating

We are a six physician owned OB/GYN clinic located in central Arkansas. I have been with the clinic a little over two years and in practice management for a total of eleven years. The clinic was using POMS software which was dreadfully out of date and I knew the entire system needed an overhaul. I was taking it one issue at a time, when our CEO told me he thought we should pursue this "EMR thing"....

je

jennifer e.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Intuitive EHR system

I used this system daily at a previous clinic I worked at. Company was bought out and EPIC was brought on instead, which is much more complex.

Pros

Easy to learn, took almost no time to train new users. Easily incorporated dictation for providers. Integrated well with our Phreesia system for patient self check-in. The face-sheet screen is a great feature, allowing you to see important patient info at a glance. The integrated billing section was great and allowed staff to easily answer questions related to billing without passing the patient off to someone else. One-stop problem solving was a huge patient satisfier!

Cons

User interface feels dated, unable to customize notes.

JB

Jay B.

Pathetic

I can’t wait to switch EMR away from this garbage program.

Pros

Nothing is good about this program. I would not recommend.

Cons

The user interface is not like any other computer program. It requires so many clicks. There is no right click functionality. The document browser doesn’t expand to use the whole window and this has been an issue for years without resolution.

Hi Jay. Thanks for your review. We're very sorry to hear you've had an unpleasant experience with PrimeSuite. We are committed to making the provider experience as seamless as possible to help you focus on what you do best -- caring for your patients. We'll take into consideration your feedback on desired additional functionalities and amount of clicks on future developments of our products. In the meantime, we hope you consider upgrading from PrimeSuite to Intergy as we develop Intergy into a next-generation EHR and practice management solution.

MG

Mike G.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Greenway is a "Five Star" PM and EHR system.

We interviewed many different companies before choosing a PM/EHR system. Our clinic has now been with Greenway since 2012, and we are very thankful to have this company on our side. Greenway EHR and PM system is the best answer for us.

Pros

Greenway has a smooth and efecient flow. Great software support. Great hardware support. Upgrades are seamless. Pleasant support staff.

Cons

There have been a few hiccups along the way, but Greenway support has always provided a fix or a workaround.

KP

Kenderia P.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Challenges keep arising.

Recently they have been overbilling us for more providers than we even have. Very disgusted with response time for solutions to billing and software times.

Pros

Clinical alerts for pop health. Able to identify all gaps in care at the point of care without additional software.

Cons

Need functional care plans and support needs to improve.

SS

Stephanie S.

Straightforward product

Good product overall, could be better in functionality for pediatrics in particular

Pros

Coding suggestions for notes Inter office messaging system Orders entry Folders for documents (labs, notes, correspondence, etc)

Cons

Does not use metric system for vitals which is very inconvenient Growth charts are not very user friendly Orders tracking is difficult Scheduling isn’t very customizable (I.e. visit length options)

RW

Rachel W.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Greenway

I wouldn't recommend this product because of the several issues.

Pros

It was fairly easy to learn to use it and navigate through the different areas. The facesheet showed everything you'd want to know about the patient and his/her history in one place.

Cons

It froze up constantly which really interferes with the workflow when you're trying to see patients. There were often times I'd get booted out and have to sign back in.

SF

Steve F.

This reviewer only left a rating

I am a solo FP in a town of about 120 MDs. We selected Greenway because our IPA chose it and supported it. We figured that since we had already paid for it from our IPA dues, might as well try it. Our support has been local, and fantastic. Training amounted to making templates that were totally meaningless. Most of the templates I made are in the system somewhere, but I've never seen them again. Occasionally...

bp

berit p.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

We have been with Greenway since we went live with our EMR the end of 2011.

After researching multiple software programs we are happy we chose Greenway.

Pros

Customer support has improved a great deal. We are now assisted almost immediately with any issue that arises. They are knowledgeable, professional and great to work with.

Cons

The patient scheduling area of Prime Suite is probably our least favorite area of the whole system.

JK

Janice K.

my great greenway experience

WE have been on Greenway since May 2004, we are all electronic, we love it....Janice

Pros

great functionality, audit trail helps streamline training (you know who made the mistake), wizard makes it easy to schedule, so many good features

Cons

printing from account screen is great from HIPAA standpoint, but no name and no account numbers makes it harder for employees

MD

Marilyn D.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Greenway Prime Suite satisfies all of our needs. Clinical/Practice Management etc.

Pros

I love the customer service! I have never had an issue go unresolved or unaddressed. They are constantly improving on an already wonderful product.

Cons

No knowing when the next upgrade is being released, until it's already out. It would be helpful if we got an e-mail telling us that is available so we can get on the list.

CL

Cyndi L.

Great quality and support

Greenway Health is my preference in medical software.

Pros

The ease of understanding the use of the software and the ability to retrieve numerous different and useful reports.

Cons

Inability to print account numbers or names on printouts from the account screen. It would be beneficial to have the option to print either, if needed.