Sigma Computing Logo

Collaborative business intelligence and data analytics tool

Sigma Computing Reviews

Suggested alternatives

tableau-software
sas-viya
power-bi-connector-for-servicenow

Awesome team behind the product, always responsive and helpful. They've taught me a lot not only about their tool but also about data analytics.
Sigma is a dynamic and agile system, helping us remove the use of Excel for day-to-day calculations. Their team is supportive and hands-on, which is probably the best part of the company.
Great UI and incredible functionality. Been very happy with the product so far.
Joining tables seems to be not working very well for me.
I dislike the process in trying to to create reports. I have some development experience and I much prefer running searches with SQL - I find it much more intuitive than Sigma's interface.
Additionally, there's no way to tell if another user will be able to see a given document without asking them to try viewing it, and there's no way for them to request view access to that document.

Jose F. G.

Internet, 51-200 employees

Excellent alternative to pivot tables and spreadsheets

So far, we've managed to simplify our business metrics visualization and enabled querying that information to non-technical users which is a big win.

Pros

I like that it's easy to create customized views of Data without having to expose unnecesary information as noise. I love the simple UI to build new reports and the smart filters.

Cons

Getting the data into Sigma can be daunting at first, but it's worth it in the end. If you're struggling I recommend to keep trying.

SS

Scott S.

Sports, 51-200 employees

Sigma - making SQL a visual effort

It has been great. The tool fit very naturally into my companies data flow and getting _explorable_ data into stakeholders hands. We also have a more static dashboarding tool that excels at that, but is weak for exploration. Sigma also makes my job as an analyst easier by making data sets explorable using point-n-click tools vs code

Pros

Makes 'easy' queries very easy to work on and see results visually immediately. Natural way to think about grouping objects but still showing the 'row' level data is amazing and a huge selling point on getting non data people to use the sheets shared with them. Makes the mental structuring of large undertakings choppable into smaller to-do's and then joining sheets together

Cons

Expanding on my point in my pro's about chunking down large undertakings to smaller conceptual efforts per sheet.... this is not very performant. I have two projects where I create a base sheet and then have 2-6 sheets built off of it before potentially joining them back together to combine the aspects I've added. This however, results in the base sheet/query being run numerous times and is often...

MC

Marissa C.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Sigma Review

I use sigma multiple times a day, 5 days a week and with the exception of a few internal tweaks, I am generally happy with the program.

Pros

Easy exporting into excel, formula customization, overall data customization, saving personal reports

Cons

Dragging and dropping columns in the sidebar isn't the most efficient. Also, the loading time when changing filters is so long! I find myself exporting the data dump into excel for easier and faster use. Also the constant formula adjusting to achieve the correct data - I've been using the program for about 6 months and reporting isn't 100% yet.

MO

Mia O.

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Turns non-technical business users into data power users

Stellar overall experience. The Sigma team makes a massive effort to truly understand and design around customer needs and use cases, as well as to provide hands-down the best customer support and training I have ever received from a B2B vendor, period.

Pros

The ability to connect to any data number of data sources across our enterprise data warehouse to extract useful insights for my team. Without a line of coding I can report, analyze, and visualize data from our CRM, IoT data streams, 3rd party APIs, and now .csv uploads. The full access is balanced by perfect row-level security controls so I can use the same system to power data dashboards and portals for internal teams as I do for external clients.

Cons

The upside of being able to access ALL data streams leads to a downside -- it can take a long time to process and load information. However I look forward to data materialization features in the works which will eliminate this problem.

AH

Austin H.

Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

Great Product

Pros

Ease of use and visibility is great! Love the data that we are able to pull and how easy the interface is to use.

Cons

There are a few features that I would love to see added. Mainly that when you are working with large data sets, it can be hard on the system and lead to slow processing time.

SH

Samuel H.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Sigma - Ease of use

Sigma is a great way to share smaller sets of data. It allows me to prepare for my clients by pulling together reports quickly in an easy format.

Pros

The software is pretty easy and intuitive, except for the UI, at first. You don't really need much training on instruction, making it easy for you to play around with until you get the idea.

Cons

Sometimes when I have put things into the CSV filter they end up in the wrong place. Also the UI is kind of weird if you've never used it, but I was able to get used to it fairly quickly.

Alaia S.

Lots of functionality

Pros

Great UI and incredible functionality! Been very happy with the product so far.

Cons

Definitely a learning curve at first -- lots to learn.

SA

Sean A.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 501-1,000 employees

Sigma Daily Use

Pros

It was easy to store data and share with partners.

Cons

The user dash is a bit basic. It would be great to see a wider variety of tools and functions.

MC

Meg C.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

A self-service resource with a few quirks

Pros

This software enables me to analyze the performance of our content on demand, reducing the need to tap teammates to get the data I need. This greatly speeds up the process.

Cons

While admins can adjust search parameters, users don't have the ability to set and save things like data ranges. You'll either have to adjust your dates every time you use the program (which is a pain) or make sure your admin is on the ball about updating parameters.

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Easy but limiting

Cross functional reporting

Pros

Like the fact anyone non technical can use the software

Cons

It’s limiting in terms of how you can analyse the data.

KS

Krystyna S.

Highly recommended!

Excellent! I use it on the daily.

Pros

It's easy to use and straight forward. I'm not not only handling reports for my team but for multiple departments as well.

Cons

I'm still learning the depths but it's one of the best programs that I've had the opportunity to use. I would say the only thing that can be annoying, is the load speed. Sometimes my tables and dashboards time out.

DM

Drake M.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Simple Yet Powerful

Pros

Sigma presents data in a format users already understand... a spreadsheet. The result is a BI tool that is much less intimidating than alternatives because it doesn't force users to learn a new query language.

Cons

While the basic functionality is actually pretty easy to use, some of the features are hard to find, or not that intuitive especially around formulas or more advanced features.

JT

Juan T.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 501-1,000 employees

Pros

Great charts, filters and databases, easy to use and learn

Cons

Layout and colors, not nice or fancy first experience

YK

Yuting K.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Good BI for basic data visualization

Pros

1. excel like so it's easy to pick up 2. can connect to the live database and without writing SQL query 3. can share the worksheet and schedule to send out the worksheet via email

Cons

1. it's not easy to use if you want to do a complicated report: once you aggregate multiple worksheets / refer other worksheet and apply multiple filters, it's hard to verify your result and make it in the correct format. 2. the articles to discuss the Sigma features or best practice are not comprehensive.

WS

Wallace S.

Solid BI Tool to use for Enterprise Analytics

The customer support has been very nice and prompt. The product has even evolved with ideas that we have asked for. The overall product and development team is very receptive and responsive to customer needs.

Pros

The ease of hook up to my database. Ease of report building. Use of functions and how it can interpret dates.

Cons

Dashboard to dashboard they cannot communicate and dashboards have a little different functionality than worksheets. Sigma is still very young in age and I am sure things will change.

FP

Frank P.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Increase the visibility of your data across teams and find your own answer to data questions

I am slowly getting up to speed with Sigma but can see already that as I commit to it we will greatly increase the speed at which my team can answer questions we have regarding all of the data we are collecting. There will be a day where I will no longer have a need for Excel and Google Sheets.

Pros

Really like the ease of being able to expose our data across teams and allow each individual user to be able to answer the questions they have with the tools supplied, grouping and filters being two of the easiest and most useful for me.

Cons

Up to the this point the visualizations aka charts have been difficult for me to create, but I will admit I haven't committed to taking a deep dive into learning. Also would like to be able to annotate from within a report (eg. cell) rather than at the top level within the description.

JP

Joanne P.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Up and Coming Software

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have been great to work with and always ready to help us. Support is not an issue :-)

Pros

Integration with Snowflake, Ability to load data files, Ability to analyze large data sets, Excel like functions

Cons

Dashboards are a little quirky and limited on drill down capabilities; heat maps are missing; and other features expected in a BI tool; need more training options

JC

Josy C.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Sigma from a user's perspective

It is good lightweight tools to understand data and stats about the data.

Pros

It is easy to set up reports, charts and graphs. I can drill down from graphs to worksheet easily and get detailed information

Cons

When we have more data (like one year's transaction), the queries take longer time; sometimes it times out.

Capital Markets, 51-200 employees

Great tool our needs - fast and easy navigation of snowflake data, quick reporting, data validation

Pros

Easy and intuitive user interface. Licensing is for creators, viewer usage unlimited. Visual designer for lookups and joins. Fast learning curve for non technical users. Team is super responsive. Works very well with snowflake.

Cons

Not a tableau/power bi replacement, some features still immature

LM

Lauren M.

Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 employees

Sigma Computing Review

it's been ok, better than the system i was using before but certainly not the best i have used.

Pros

The options are nice to have. We also have been able to compute what we need from the report.

Cons

It is the slowest thing on the face of the earth

KS

KEONA S.

Information Services, 501-1,000 employees

New User

So far it gets the job done.

Pros

I like the training resources that are provided within the program. It's also very user friendly

Cons

I'm still learning the system.

KT

Kevin T.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 501-1,000 employees

Sigma Review

Pros

Easy to navigate, can easily filter the report

Cons

As a user, data integrity is questionable since there is no clear way to know if the source of the data is accurate

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1,001-5,000 employees

Easy use for non-SQL experts

- Easy to use - Easy to learn - Great for non-SQL writter

Pros

I work for tech companies and one of my main challenges was always not beign able to write my own queries. It was veyr useful to be able to create Joins more viasually without actually writting the script. This allowed to created my own results without depending on other.

Cons

Although this is not my feedback (since most of my experience with sigma was SUPER positive), my compnay says it's quite high (cost) for the benefit

WT

Weilynn T.

Computer Hardware, 501-1,000 employees

Ease of pull

Pros

The sigma worksheets are easy to filter and sort as well as export for the purposes of my use.

Cons

Jumping head first into the deep end having little experience with Sigma made it hard. Dedicated tutorials and information as I click through worksheets in the first few uses that I can dismiss over time as I become more comfortable with using sigma might be helpful.

JG

Jessica G.

Banking, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

from a non-technical user

Using it to solve internal communication and information sharing with in the company. As we grow and hire more people we need to have better tools to share customer results and internal financials.

Pros

Ability to access data and information previously not available to those outside of the engineering team. I'm excited about the possibilities too for dashboarding and uploading other data sources to help company wide information sharing.

Cons

Its a little hard to understand so I'll need better training from our internal team who implemented the software.