All categories
Sigma Computing

Collaborative business intelligence and data analytics tool

visit website

Sigma Computing Reviews - Page 2

Pros

Great charts, filters and databases, easy to use and learn

Cons

Layout and colors, not nice or fancy first experience

Great analytics product, easy to set up and use

Pros

Awesome team behind the product, always responsive and helpful. They've taught me a lot not only about their tool but also about data analytics.

Cons

Some UI elements could be improved, but once you know where to find certain things you'll pick it up.

Excellent alternative to pivot tables and spreadsheets

So far, we've managed to simplify our business metrics visualization and enabled querying that information to non-technical users which is a big win.

Pros

I like that it's easy to create customized views of Data without having to expose unnecesary information as noise. I love the simple UI to build new reports and the smart filters.

Cons

Getting the data into Sigma can be daunting at first, but it's worth it in the end. If you're struggling I recommend to keep trying.

Decent features, need to cater to code-less users

Pros

the customer service chat button was nice

Cons

the way of drag and drop report building is not intuitive

Sigma Daily Use

Pros

It was easy to store data and share with partners.

Cons

The user dash is a bit basic. It would be great to see a wider variety of tools and functions.

Sigma - Ease of use

Sigma is a great way to share smaller sets of data. It allows me to prepare for my clients by pulling together reports quickly in an easy format.

Pros

The software is pretty easy and intuitive, except for the UI, at first. You don't really need much training on instruction, making it easy for you to play around with until you get the idea.

Cons

Sometimes when I have put things into the CSV filter they end up in the wrong place. Also the UI is kind of weird if you've never used it, but I was able to get used to it fairly quickly.

Good BI for basic data visualization

Pros

1. excel like so it's easy to pick up 2. can connect to the live database and without writing SQL query 3. can share the worksheet and schedule to send out the worksheet via email

Cons

1. it's not easy to use if you want to do a complicated report: once you aggregate multiple worksheets / refer other worksheet and apply multiple filters, it's hard to verify your result and make it in the correct format. 2. the articles to discuss the Sigma features or best practice are not comprehensive.

Good platform with potential

I like the trajectory the company is heading, and would recommend depending on fit to objective.

Pros

Sigma is a dynamic and agile system, helping us remove the use of Excel for day-to-day calculations. Their team is supportive and hands-on, which is probably the best part of the company.

Cons

Still very basic and could stand to invest further into UI.

Lots of functionality

Pros

Great UI and incredible functionality! Been very happy with the product so far.

Cons

Definitely a learning curve at first -- lots to learn.

Great software that's easy to use and visualizes data in an easy-to-digest way

Pros

Visualizations, charts, tables, filters for columns

Cons

Understanding how to add certain columns, the different layers within the data

Sigma helps

Pros

I really like how easily Sigma connects with our snowflake databases, and facilitates analysis. We are growing our data and analytics practice, and Sigma helps me to respond to the innumerable ad hoc questions from the business, while allowing our team to advance our capabilities.

Cons

Currently, I write SQL to execute the LIKE function when filtering on field values. It would be great to have this feature available with wild cards in the filter part of the software.

Solid BI Tool to use for Enterprise Analytics

The customer support has been very nice and prompt. The product has even evolved with ideas that we have asked for. The overall product and development team is very receptive and responsive to customer needs.

Pros

The ease of hook up to my database. Ease of report building. Use of functions and how it can interpret dates.

Cons

Dashboard to dashboard they cannot communicate and dashboards have a little different functionality than worksheets. Sigma is still very young in age and I am sure things will change.

Great tool for non-IT users

Pros

Sigma makes non-IT users' access and manipulation of big data super convenient and intuitive. Works great.

Cons

I think some of the self-learning features of the tool can be improved. I had to relay on in-house experts for learning some of the features of the tool.

Sigma Review

I use sigma multiple times a day, 5 days a week and with the exception of a few internal tweaks, I am generally happy with the program.

Pros

Easy exporting into excel, formula customization, overall data customization, saving personal reports

Cons

Dragging and dropping columns in the sidebar isn't the most efficient. Also, the loading time when changing filters is so long! I find myself exporting the data dump into excel for easier and faster use. Also the constant formula adjusting to achieve the correct data - I've been using the program for about 6 months and reporting isn't 100% yet.

Increase the visibility of your data across teams and find your own answer to data questions

I am slowly getting up to speed with Sigma but can see already that as I commit to it we will greatly increase the speed at which my team can answer questions we have regarding all of the data we are collecting. There will be a day where I will no longer have a need for Excel and Google Sheets.

Pros

Really like the ease of being able to expose our data across teams and allow each individual user to be able to answer the questions they have with the tools supplied, grouping and filters being two of the easiest and most useful for me.

Cons

Up to the this point the visualizations aka charts have been difficult for me to create, but I will admit I haven't committed to taking a deep dive into learning. Also would like to be able to annotate from within a report (eg. cell) rather than at the top level within the description.

Customized Reporting

Allows independent reporting and analysis to meet recurring business needs.

Pros

Enjoy the ability to customize reports and drill down data to your specific needs. Can update and refresh data month after month without starting from scratch.

Cons

A little overwhelming for first time users and requires a lot of hands on practice to establish a comfort level. Download time increases as more data is being manipulated.

Great for comprehensive reporting

Pros

As a marketer, Sigma is an incredibly valuable tool that allows my team to aggregate data to inform our decisions and scale up. I like the ability to drill app activity down to the user level in order to identify trends and specific user behaviors.

Cons

It can be very overwhelming! Not instantly intuitive but not hard to learn either. My biggest complaint is that it was often very slow.

Sigma for Usage Reports

We are using sigma to pull usage data from our customer base. We rely heavily on this data in order to measure the value that the customers are getting from Yesware, identify churn risks and areas for adoption. Without Sigma, I would not be able to do my job to the best of my ability.

Pros

Access directly from the browser, quickly pulls the results I need

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to sift through the different dashboards - this could be an internal issue

Good software to organize your KPIs

Good enough to push SIGMA as an organizational tool. We are currently active using it, and it has helped give our [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] enough visibility on where our challenges are.

Pros

I like the flexibility on displaying the information that makes sense the most on our organization.

Cons

There were some restrictions when showing text alongside graphs, and the toolbars didn’t allow for enough flexibility to our liking. Other than that, pretty good experience overall

Sigma

Very positive in my daily work.

Pros

Sigma allows us to have instant access to the data that are ingested into snowflake. It allows me to access all the raw data, which is what I need, rather than concise dashboard data.

Cons

Data tables can be a little difficult to learn at first, but just like anything, you can learn it over time with enough familiarity with the product.

Up and Coming Software

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have been great to work with and always ready to help us. Support is not an issue :-)

Pros

Integration with Snowflake, Ability to load data files, Ability to analyze large data sets, Excel like functions

Cons

Dashboards are a little quirky and limited on drill down capabilities; heat maps are missing; and other features expected in a BI tool; need more training options

Unintuitive

I can easily see high-level insights, like how many users of a certain type are utilizing our software, some usage trends, etc. However, when trying to do a deep dive to understand user health aspects over time, I don't have the skill or patience to create a report to track this type of usage in Sigma.

Pros

Some of the charts are nice for visuals and I can create high-level reports.

Cons

I dislike the process in trying to to create reports. I have some development experience and I much prefer running searches with SQL - I find it much more intuitive than Sigma's interface. Due to this and my limited time, I haven't taken much time to learn Sigma and get comfortable with it, especially when I'm familiar with SQL. It creates a bit of a bottleneck for our company in that our data analysts are the only ones who seem to really be able to create reports with Sigma. I want a tool where I can easily create a report as well.

Great tool without sql requirements

We use this tool to send dashboards and reports to external clients.

Pros

This tool is very easy to set up and very intuitive for end users. Sql knowledge is not necessary, but Sigma offers the option of writing SQL statement to generate data set. The queries is sent back to cloud to execute which make Sigma allow you to quickly query vast amounts of data. The row level data security allows us to distribute the same dashboards to different clients and each client only can see their own data.

Cons

I only use this product in a short time period and have not found anything I dislike.

A vast improvement over our previous product

Using Sigma as a tool to prioritize asset service and inspection has been a game changer. Much better visualization tools than the competitor's product we previously used.

Pros

It is much faster and easier to read than our old reporting software

Cons

I would like the ability to modify the sort on the fly. Currently an admin has to adjust it, if it is needed

Great tool our needs - fast and easy navigation of snowflake data, quick reporting, data validation

Pros

Easy and intuitive user interface. Licensing is for creators, viewer usage unlimited. Visual designer for lookups and joins. Fast learning curve for non technical users. Team is super responsive. Works very well with snowflake.

Cons

Not a tableau/power bi replacement, some features still immature