All categories
Sigma Computing

Collaborative business intelligence and data analytics tool

visit website

Sigma Computing Reviews - Page 3

Sigma from a user's perspective

It is good lightweight tools to understand data and stats about the data.

Pros

It is easy to set up reports, charts and graphs. I can drill down from graphs to worksheet easily and get detailed information

Cons

When we have more data (like one year's transaction), the queries take longer time; sometimes it times out.

I appreciate the customization options.

My overall experience has been positive, there is definitely a learning cure for the non-analytical.

Pros

I appreciate being able to start with a report created by our analytics team and tweak it to suit my department's needs.

Cons

The filters can sometimes be confusing until you get the hang of how the software thinks.

Great Potential

We're starting to think of problems we can solve, but having disorganization in your company's data doesn't make it easier.

Pros

The ease of combining data sets and manipulating data in a way that makes sense to me.

Cons

It's not super user-friendly. I don't have a ton of experience with SQL and I feel like I am limited.

Sigma

Still getting up to speed but generally happy and look forward to expand usage.

Pros

Pivot table capability with large data sets

Cons

getting up to speed on interface talking some time getting used to

New User

So far it gets the job done.

Pros

I like the training resources that are provided within the program. It's also very user friendly

Cons

I'm still learning the system.

Sigma Review

Sigma was very easy to setup, integrate, configure and use with our existing data stack. It was very easy to onboard end users and get them productive quickly.

Pros

The ability to easily and conditionally schedule report exports in multiple formats targeted towards our business users.

Cons

I haven't encountered any cons so in terms of features or functions. The only gap one of our analysts identified so far is the ability to determine how a worksheet's final state came to be, specifically the exacts steps performed to created the worksheet like Power BI has.

Very Convenient Software to Use but have found less use for it as we've matured as a company

I used Sigma very often when I joined Lime in October through early 2019. However, I learned how to use SQL and was more flexibly able to use Snowflake. Going to Snowflake gave me more flexibility. So I moved away from Sigma

Pros

The software is very powerful allowing me to do things I couldn't have given my previous lack of SQL It made sharing queries in a useable way easy

Cons

Given that we constantly updated underlying queries, version control of various worksheets was hard. Also, sometimes Sigma was slow as I think the query ran everytime a manipulation happened

Sigma Review

Pros

Easy to navigate, can easily filter the report

Cons

As a user, data integrity is questionable since there is no clear way to know if the source of the data is accurate

solid product

Pros

constant update and improve; great online support and customer service.

Cons

the navigation bar needs improvement, too many clicks every time.

Easy use for non-SQL experts

- Easy to use - Easy to learn - Great for non-SQL writter

Pros

I work for tech companies and one of my main challenges was always not beign able to write my own queries. It was veyr useful to be able to create Joins more viasually without actually writting the script. This allowed to created my own results without depending on other.

Cons

Although this is not my feedback (since most of my experience with sigma was SUPER positive), my compnay says it's quite high (cost) for the benefit

sigma ≠ stress

Pros

- Ease of use for individuals who aren't very familiar with databases

Cons

- Loading times - Mapping customizability

Good product

Pros

Ability to connect to multiply databases

Cons

Not enough flexibility to edit tables like excel

Ease of pull

Pros

The sigma worksheets are easy to filter and sort as well as export for the purposes of my use.

Cons

Jumping head first into the deep end having little experience with Sigma made it hard. Dedicated tutorials and information as I click through worksheets in the first few uses that I can dismiss over time as I become more comfortable with using sigma might be helpful.

Great Software

This has been a great experience. I really enjoy working the system and our team for supplying the training we needed to learn how to use this system.

Pros

I run a lot of reports and I like that I have access to do so at any time.

Cons

I am not sure if it is a con yet. It could be just because I am learning how to use the system more.

Sigma Computing Review

it's been ok, better than the system i was using before but certainly not the best i have used.

Pros

The options are nice to have. We also have been able to compute what we need from the report.

Cons

It is the slowest thing on the face of the earth

It is a good software but would be so much better if loading time could be reduced

Pros

Different custom filters that can be built in, personalization

Cons

Loading time- makes the process very hard- refreshing the grid takes forever

Basic Reporting Tool

Pros

I like that I can pull my customer's usage with ease

Cons

I think this is mostly how our account is set up - like we haven't invested that much time to set it up but wish there were graphics pulling the data together.

As a non-data team member, I find Sigma navigable and intuitive

Great for a non-data team member accessing and pulling reports.

Pros

Pulling reports is easy, there are plenty of filters, and I can usually find what I need pretty quickly.

Cons

Haven't looked around enough to find challenges, but maybe more learning opps in app would help that.

Decent

Pros

For the tools that it provides, Sigma is very useful. Whether it is better than other options remains to be seen, but it is a decent choice for data collection and analysis.

Cons

It is not the most user-friendly and takes a fair amount of time to set up reports in exactly the way you need. It could be far more flexible.

Sigma review

Pros

Connection to Snowflake, good UI, can make adjustments / calculations to columns

Cons

Functionality is not as robust as I'd like (e.g. lacking some charting capaciblities)

from a non-technical user

Using it to solve internal communication and information sharing with in the company. As we grow and hire more people we need to have better tools to share customer results and internal financials.

Pros

Ability to access data and information previously not available to those outside of the engineering team. I'm excited about the possibilities too for dashboarding and uploading other data sources to help company wide information sharing.

Cons

Its a little hard to understand so I'll need better training from our internal team who implemented the software.

Easily data management

Pros

It was extremely easy for someone with no data experience to start using the product.

Cons

The visualization features were lacking

Good Product

Pros

It's really good for its spreadsheet like interface

Cons

Hard to replace data sources, no calculations on pivot tables

Easy but limiting

Cross functional reporting

Pros

Like the fact anyone non technical can use the software

Cons

It’s limiting in terms of how you can analyse the data.

A user perspective

Meh. Not enough customization for users to really be useful.

Pros

I appreciate having real-time access to the data.

Cons

I want more customization- quite often I'd like to manipulate the reports through the platform to show different data subsets or to change the cross-tabs, but I can only review what others have already set up for me. You can't anticipate in advance what kind of reports you will need in the future - best to have the flexibility to create data visualizations on the fly.