CalendarWiz Reviews

4.75/5 (40 reviews)

Pros
  • It has so many great features and functionality.
  • It's easy to use and keeps our crews organized!
  • The functionality and customer support are great.
  • I liked how the calendar for the next few years are there.
Cons
  • I can't think of anything I would change.
  • I wish we could view multiple months at a time.
  • Nothing. Just can't think of anything negative to say.
  • Have yet to find something that hasn't been well thought out
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Suzan Noden

Managing a large church

Reviewed 2019-04-10

We switched to CalendarWiz in 2016 after our reception hall was doubled booked during the busy summer wedding season! Every staff member has their own account and the CalendarWiz entry tabs walk them through picking a room, setting a category, and leaving requests for the custodian (need extra chairs, etc.). We use the categories and the upcoming events widget to create customized calendars for things like music rehearsals. We recently updated our website and in just a few minutes I was able to change the calendar to the new colors. Best compliment came from a new member of the webteam - I never realized that the calendar wasn't from the website vendor!

Pros
Resource Conflict Management Multiple Logins Integration into our Website Adding Events

Cons
Number of setup options can be overwhelming but the defaults are well thought out and there are plenty of help options.

Beckie Palmer

CalendarWiz Review

Reviewed 2019-06-24

Please see above.

Pros
The CalendarWiz software had everything we were looking for. With over 90 enterprise radiology residents and approximately 40 enterprise radiology fellows presenting multiple daily educational conferences, we needed a calendar that was capable of displaying and managing multiple categories for multiple event types in multiple locations. In addition to Education, the enterprise department of Radiology hosts many other daily and monthly events across multiple campus locations (Arizona, Florida, multiple Mayo Clinic Healthy Systems and Minnesota). Setting up color coded event categories allows our users to design their own calendar view based on the events they want to see, and subscribe to email reminders. Other features we love are iCal, RSS Feeds, Mobile App, etc. The Mini Calendar option fits nicely into our multiple website widgets (WordPress) where we display all current day conferences. The Mini Calendar also offers a quick link to the full calendar view. You can also add additional calendars. Calendar managers are assigned to manage multiple events for multiple locations. CalendarWiz is designed to handle users groups as small as 5 to users groups as large as ours, which is 2600; and more if needed. Support is a click away. There is a "Help" button on all Admin pages with a huge Knowledge Base, and if needed, they are an email away.

Cons
Nothing. We have used this software for many years and love it.

Annie Knakmuhs

Use for Parish-wide Calendar

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-08-29

Our overall experience thus far has been fantastic. Our previous parish calendar was old and one day just wasn't there. Our IS website team was able to retrieve all the information and we were able to submit that to CalenderWiz tech support who walked me through, step by step, what needed to be done and within a couple of days we were functioning again. It was almost a blessing that our old calendar quit operating as we feel this new calendar with CalendarWiz is an answer to prayers - it does everything our old calendar did, is easier to work with, and will do so much more! Thank you.

Pros
The software is very user-friendly; looks great and is easy to read. Many options we haven't even begun to explore. Mobile calendar is phenomenal and easy to use; love the feature that you can download an event on the calendar to your own personal calendar.

Cons
So far the only thing that is a con for me is that when importing recurring events it doesn't bring the recurring feature over. But when entering as a new event with recurring meetings, it will populate as recurring.

Response from CalendarWiz

Hi Annie,
Thank you for your kind words and your review. We find that churches like yours make great use of feature set and grateful to work with wonderful customers like you!

Just in case other churches are reading this post, here's a link to CalendarWiz success guide for churches:

George Sotirake

Finally! Calendar Software that meets our needs.

Reviewed 2019-10-24

Moving away from pen to paper scheduling. The email design feature for invitations, reminders & announcements will generate add on services. This software will pay for itself. We booked a $699.00 Soft Wash for 2020 simply because our client seen the service in the reminder footer of the email. Good Stuff!

Pros
As a higher volume window/surface cleaning company, we have been searching for a few years to find a calendar software that checks all the boxes. This is it! Easy to use, affordable, along with great customer support. A big shout out to our rep for answering all our questions and going above and beyond to get us up and running. The locations feature, along with the color coded legend simplified our scheduling and has eliminated some other unnecessary processes. Our customers are loving the email reminders. The email design feature for invitations, reminders & announcements will keep us in touch with our client base in real time. Simply speaking, this software will pay for itself. Thanks CalendarWiz!

Cons
We've only been using for a short period, at this point there is honestly nothing we don't like.

Vanessa Lara

Not the best

Used occasionally for free trial
Reviewed 2018-12-04

Pros
I liked how the calendar for the next few years are there.

Cons
Hard to actually use, theres no instructions. Takes time to figure out how to function.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Michele Wallace

Greene Calendar

Reviewed 2019-04-23

It is a great addition to our website with very minimal cost. The email option has allowed us just recently to get the calendar in front of our tourist venues quickly and easily. The technical support is 1st class....always timely and professional.

Pros
Extremely easy to use. User can search lot's of options while using the software. Navigation within site is very user friendly. Lot's of help along the way.

Cons
Overall extremely satisfied. A couple of features that are not available would be extremely beneficial to the creater as well as end user. 1) Offer more options on how calendar is viewed while keeping it clean. List view is very popular. 2)Allowing scheduling out of emails is a huge plus. Really allows the creator to better schedule and not miss important dates.

Response from CalendarWiz

Hi Michele,

Thank you for the great feedback and review. We wonder if you might find our upcoming events list website plugin with images helpful.

Lean more:

We are looking to refresh some of our calendar views in the near future and we've also discussed adding a scheduler to our Email to List feature. Again, we appreciate your feedback and have forwarded it to our Development Team.

Richard Griffith

Perfect solution for our Bicycling Communitee

Reviewed 2019-05-02

We've been using the Calendar for about 4 years to keep our community of riders up to date on our rides. This includes information about the rides, the location, the time, the distance. Being a vacation destination, visitors can search for Myrtle Beach Cycling and find our page and then the calendar. Riders from all over have joined us on rides because they checked the calendar. The links to weather and the map are great for getting information for where to meet up and what to wear for the ride.

Pros
It is easy to setup and manage. People can find information about our rides quickly and easily. With the Map and Weather links it is PERFECT for a cycling community.The "Suggest Event" link is just what we need for group leaders to add new rides to the calendar. Creating "Locations" makes it so easy for me to add new rides without having to readd information.

Cons
I really can't think of any, except if I could change the "Suggest Event" name to "Add Ride to Calendar."

Response from CalendarWiz

Good news, you can customize your Suggest Event button text to anything you want. Go to the Suggest Event Setup tab and scroll to the "Menu Bar Button Text" to insert your "Add Ride to Calendar" button text > Save. Thank you for your review!

Jean Rhoades

Checked off all the boxes!

Reviewed 2019-04-24

I searched for just the right calendar platform. It needed to look good, be user-friendly, allow us to manage our many buildings, rooms and spaces for events and meetings. CalendarWiz checked off all the boxes.

Pros
Customizable Integrates well within our website Allows the scheduling of rooms and events Many features Customer Support is excellent

Cons
You cannot enter multiple times for the same event title in the same day without starting a new event entry. Not a deal breaker though.

Response from CalendarWiz

Hi Jean,

Good news, our Development Team is working on a setup/clean up time feature. This new option will allow you to add ONE event that includes an event's actual time as well as add a setup and clean up times associated with that event.

Website calendar visitors will see only the actual event time while logged in users/admins can view the setup and clean up times. Thank you for your feedback! We'll be in touch as soon as this option is available.

Sven vanBaars

It just keeps getting better.

Reviewed 2019-10-30

A lot of churches use a free product and sometimes our board asks us about moving to such. But Calendar Wiz is worth so much to our small organization. It allows staff and volunteers to schedule things, sends out reminders automatically, and now even allows us to share on our social media platforms with just a click. With a small staff, it does a lot of the work for us. Additionally, their support team is awesome. When we have a problem, they are quick to respond, get things resolved and even suggest tips that might be of use.

Pros
The functionality and customer support are great.

Cons
We can't get it loaded on our webpage - an issue with our web provider, not CalendarWiz.

Julie Colman

Great Customer Service

Reviewed 2019-10-31

There customer service is fantastic. I can send an email and always get a reply quickly. The reply usually includes a answer to my question and a link to the knowledge base with step-by-step instructions.

Pros
It has so many great features and functionality.

Cons
I can't think of anything I would change.

Alanna Wicklas

Travel Calendar

Reviewed 2019-04-21

Our 80 regional team members travel on a weekly basis, 52 weeks a year. I wanted a way to upgrade to a calendar platform that everyone could access easily, and as an administrator I could update users effortlessly. I piloted multiple platforms and found that CalendarWiz was the most user friendly. Now, our regional team members can update their travel schedules on the go and everyone can access the information in real time. As the Director of Travel Services, it has saved me a significant amount of time in manual input and when scheduling meetings/events. The cherry on top is the amazing customer service. I have always received such quick responses from the CalendarWiz team. I'm thankful to have found this platform!

Pros
It's great to see all employees travel in one spot, in real time. Very easy platform. Also, love the customer service, they always respond right away.

Cons
Since it is not specifically a travel calendar, certain words do not pertain to our usage. Ex: Title of Event, we use as individual user name. So I just had to educate your employees on what to put in specific text boxes.

Travis Williams

Awesome for organizing!

Reviewed 2019-09-07

My overall experience has been great. It has made managing stuff to do much easier.

Pros
I like everything that CalendarWiz has to offer. I like being able to share my calendars to my desktop and mobile whenever I want to. They have flexible pricing which is always great. They have great features like public and private calendars, preventing double booking, and invites with RSVP among many others.

Cons
There is not a single thing I don't like about CalendarWiz. Its great and everyone should try it. Anyone that has not tried this yet should because they have nothing to lose. They will be pleased if they try CalendarWiz.

Krista Menzel

Used CalendarWiz for more than 8 years!

Reviewed 2019-05-18

Our organization works with many animal shelters, rescue groups, and other organizations, and we have maintained a courtesy calendar of animal-related NYC events on our website for many years. Managing and displaying all of this info got so much easier when we discovered CalendarWiz in 2011!

Pros
I love the flexibility of being able to use the calendar in many different ways, including choosing to show only one type of event, or being able to embed customized calendars in different ways on websites. Being able to create, update, and use a list of event locations is also a great time-saver.

Cons
I can't think of any cons at the moment. Over the 8 years my organization has been using CalendarWiz, it has been consistently improving, with issues being fixed and features added.

Anonymous

great customer servie

Reviewed 2019-04-25

Pros
great customer service . quick to reply and follow through with requests.

Cons
when you send a calendar evite to sharon and then i need to change sharon's name to carrie along with the email address , when the email is resent it has the first name still on it. staff tells me that i sent them the wrong email because of the name

Mark Woolley

College Master Calender

Reviewed 2019-05-30

We are using CalendarWiz for the College's Master Calendar. It has been easy to use and fun!

Pros
It is intuitive and easy to use. I was able to upload a .csv file in minutes with all of our current calendar events (over 700). I was able to teach our various units and departments on how to use CalendarWiz within 30 minutes. We also love the fact we have access on our smartphone to the calendar.

Cons
Two cons so far. 1. As an administrator, I would like the ability to have a view by category of all the users for each category. 2. The Delete Import Data is a "death button". It is only available to the administrator, but there should be some functionality that just deletes the latest import data, not everything. Some of our units(users) have 80 events a year and would like to upload and have the ability to delete the latest upload for their data (categories) only.

Response from CalendarWiz

Mark, thank you for your valueable feedback. We've forwarded your requests along to our Development Team and can see how both features would be helpful.

Molly Murphy

Calendar Wiz Review

Reviewed 2019-07-24

Pros
CalendarWiz is a helpful way to manage multiple spaces in one place. It's very easy to compare different spaces with each other. It's also helpful that users can have read-only or read/edit capability if you want someone to be able to see a room's availability but not book it themselves.

Cons
It's easy for less experienced users to accidentally save a booking as a draft and, unfortunately, drafts do not pop up as conflicts.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Debi Hoyt

Best Calendar App EVER!!!

Reviewed 2019-04-30

I have had a great experience with CalendarWiz. I won't use anything else. So easy and user friendly. If I ever have a question, I get a very quick response with an answer.

Pros
Everything. This is a great app and I will use nothing else

Cons
Nothing. Just can't think of anything negative to say.

TIFFANY O'CONNOR

Makes scheduling a breeze

Reviewed 2019-05-24

I have had a few questions on various technical aspects of the calendar. Every time I've reached out to customer service I've had a reply within minutes - I appreciate the attention to customer service!

Pros
It's easy to use and keeps our crews organized!

Cons
To be honest, everything about it is very user-friendly and works quite well for our company. No complaints!

Gary Zabriskie

Perfect solution for a small to medium office

Reviewed 2019-04-23

We have a small fleet of agency vehicles that staff checks out to travel in a large 5 county region of our state. Before this web-based solution was found, we used a three ring binder with paper calendar for each day of the year. It was easy back then to accidently double-book a staff vehicle. With the CalendarWiz it is impossible for a staff member to reserve a car that is already claimed for an upcoming trip. Staff has been very pleased with the ease of use and how well it has solved the problems associated with the old method of reserving cars. The price for an annual subscription is remarkable for a solid web-based product like this.

Pros
The ability to use this from either a desktop, tablet, or mobile device (smartphone).

Cons
Only negative I can see is that one must bookmark the actual webpage on a smartphone. It would be stellar if the company could develop a specific app that could be used on a smartphone directly. Other than that cant say anything

Gina M.

Has brought order to chaos

Reviewed 2019-05-21

Two groups were keeping separate calendars and combining to replace their Google calendar and our Outlook with CalendarWiz has prevented duplicate bookings and also serves as a simple way to communicate what is happening here.

Pros
CalendarWiz is VERY easy to use and the customer support has been fantastic. We keep thinking of new ways to use it; now sharing it with our cleaning and event staff; like the distinction between subscribers and users.

Cons
Have yet to find something that hasn't been well thought out

James Hite

My Favorite

Reviewed 2019-04-26

I use the app that has 3 colors for 3 users. Very helpful. With a glance I can see what is scheduled. Easy to use. Not over complicated.

Pros
I did not like the calendar on my phone. I searched the internet and saw many calendar apps. But not what I wanted. Finally I found Calendar Wiz. Simple. Easy to use. Just what I wanted.

Cons
I like everything. But if I wanted to find something Would be the price to upgrade. But. Good job Wiz

Ilianna Luna

Great Start!

Reviewed 2014-09-04

I am owner and director of a private practice business where I rent multiple offices by the hour to other therapists. I have spent many many hours looking for an online scheduling product that would allow me to organize the schedule to meet my needs and I was at my wits end when I found CalendarWiz. After signing up for the free trial I was able to test out the options and see if it was a good fit for me. From what I can tell so far, I am able to set up each room and allow each user to create "events" as appointments with notifications, alerts for possible double-bookings, and restrictions so users can't edit other users' appointments. The only glitch I saw was with the mobile version on the phone. A user was allowed to edit another user's appointment. I emailed the support staff and this will, hopefully, be fixed soon. Otherwise, it looks promising! I just signed up monthly because I need more than the 3 categories that come with the free trial (I only need 5 max.). I had to buy the Standard option instead of Basic, which only allows 3 categories like the free trial does. I'm happy that I can stop searching and I'm hopeful this product will serve me and my therapists well!

Anonymous

Reviewed 2019-04-25

Everything has been great so far. When we had questions, the support team answered them in a very timely manner.

Pros
It's so easy to use and is exactly what we needed as an organization. Some departments have private categories which was big for us. We also love how customizable it is.

Cons
I wish we could view multiple months at a time.

Caroline Schneider

CalendarWiz Review

Reviewed 2019-03-20

My experience has been pretty good as this is a very reliable software.

Pros
This software is very easy to use and to share with others. It has several awesome features that make it very simple. It is also reliable.

Cons
The only thing that I dislike about this software is that I feel like at times it is not aesthetically pleasing.

Response from CalendarWiz

Thanks for the review and feedback, Caroline! The CalendarWiz team listens closely to customers like you. We've recently enhanced our calendar color and style options and would be happy to match your calendar to your brand or website! We welcome you to email support@calendarwiz.com

Robin Mirrasoul

Outstanding Customer Support!

Reviewed 2019-06-05

We are using this calendar for a friend that needs rides to his cancer treatment. It has made it so simple for organizing with a group. Love it.

Pros
The calendar is easy to use, easy to share and am very happy with it - the customer support, however, is absolutely OUTSTANDING! Have not ever had a software company as attentive to new customers and new learners. They have amazing - great job!

Cons
You can see the calendar without logging in and people get frustrated that they can't edit because they forget to log in. Not a big deal, just a learning curve