MangoApps Reviews

MangoApps

Digital Workplace Solutions Tailored for Your Business

4.2/5 (89 reviews)

Pros
  • We can store shared files, have a nice company directory, and post fun updates to all. We are an international company and it is a great tool for keeping remote employees connected.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • Good breadth of functions available. Like the ability to use as document repository w/search function.LARY M.Read the full review
  • I like how easy it is to navigate and also use. I mostly use the posting/wiki/tracker tools which are very user friendly.Sarah I.Read the full review
Cons
  • Inability to open (view mode only) Excel sheets containing macro's. Other than that, there are no downsides to using this.Simon A.Read the full review
  • The product has potential but with the many failures on deployment and configuration, this is a product to be purchased for cheap, rather than for the price that they are asking.Max V.Read the full review
  • Users who manage content have many problems. On-Prem is still an immature product.Max V.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Femi Badejo Gidz

MangoApps has really helped in managing projects for me and my team especially

Reviewed 2018-03-20

File management and thread management, it's a great app for sharing and keeping up to date with products and ideas.

Pros
it has a lot of features especially the part of creating threads, wikis, versions of documents, image, and video previews, mentions and tags, group management, chatting functionality and badges too it's really a great application.

Cons
I didn't like the fact that MA doesn't allow video calls and also connections to some external tools and apps for productivity

Response from MangoApps

Femi, thank you for your review, feedback and willingness to recommend MangoApps. Please let us know if you are still finding that there are feature gaps or lack of connectivity with external tools. We've grown a lot just this year alone, and I hope if we haven't already addressed your extended needs, that we are sure to note them for our product roadmap. Thank you again!

Christton DJOGBEDE

MangoApps: A Great Team Collaboration Tool!

Reviewed 2020-04-11

The best project managing apps that are so easy to use and learn especially for beginners. The interface looks dated when taking into account design trends but is easy to look at. Some actions like navigating from a section to another could be better, but it's practical and does the job. A UI refreshing would be much appreciated, it would make MangoApps perfect.

Pros
Easy to learn especially for beginners, it does the job and is a very good tool for team collaboration

Cons
The user interface mango looks a bit dated and navigation between the apps really needs to to improved

Anonymous

It has been an engaging tool - allowing for easy interaction within the team and entire agency

Reviewed 2018-03-20

Pros
- It allows for all the staff to know what is going on at the same time, everyone gets the same info - Easily able to share resources and updates - Great way to invite people to events and keep everything organized - private message feature allows for seamless communication - project and team groups are great for coordinating with many people - Intranet is great for HR use and agency wide updates - Love that it is connected to LinkedIn - Fun and easy to use like Facebook - Easy to compose posts

Cons
- I find that the mobile app is not as user friendly - Even after years of use, cannot really understand the purpose of primary and secondary interactions... don't understand the purpose of separating them

Response from MangoApps

Thank you for taking the time to review MangoApps! We appreciate your feedback. I will be sure to pass your feedback along. Cheers!

Matt Mori

MangoApps is Great

Reviewed 2020-04-03

This has been great for project team collaboration and supporting company communication and culture.

Pros
It connects everything and it has a very consistent implementation across many features. So once you learn how to setup/use one module you can figure out the rest.

Cons
The page refresh lags a bit. So sometimes when I'm working I find that things seem a bit sluggish.

Kevin Smith

TinyTake Saves Me Tons Of Time

Reviewed 2018-11-02

Pros
I use TinyTake for a versatile snipping tool that allows me to quickly and easily capture any region and place it where I need it, or into a file for later. The screen recording tool (up to 5 minutes per clip on my free use app) has been a tremendous boost for creating training and informational videos at work.

Cons
The touch-up tools for editing a screenshot are not strong. Maybe that's expected as this is FREE, and I can drop the snipped region into any program in seconds. But there are times I would like to do that work native in TinyTake, and since the option is there, I include that in my rating.

Response from MangoApps

Thank you for your feedback Kevin! I'm glad to see that TinyTake has been a versatile tool that saves you time, that is exactly what we've set out to accomplish. I will also be sure to pass along your feedback regarding the touch-up and annotation tools. Thanks again!

Wareh Oweh

My experience has been nice. I've used MangoApps before now and its a great means of communication.

Reviewed 2018-03-21

Mangoapps made my onboarding easy. I find it easy to assign tasks to team members. The wiki functionality is very useful because it gives our developers a pool of information the can always refer to as well as update if need be.

Pros
The existence of groups. Ability to create wikis for developers to study. The mention notification Badges - its fun Great place for proper onboarding of new employees.

Cons
I'd prefer if I could view content of any group but the extra functionality will be not to be able to post comments. I always have to make requests to join a group where I need to access specific information.

Response from MangoApps

Thank you for your review Wareh! It means a lot to us that you've taken the time to provide feedback. I'm glad to hear that we've made onboarding easy for you and your business. Cheers!

Reinard Du Plessis

Great third party tool that seamlessly does what you wanted to do

Reviewed 2018-10-26

While definitely a compliment, TinyTake has become one of those apps I forget about, it's there and I use it, without it taking effort or thought, it has become part of my workflow.

Pros
TinyTake is one of those apps that answers a question, you normally sit in front of your laptop and want to do something, but you aren't sure how and or if you can. When it comes to screen capturing, recording, sharing and editing, TinyTake answers any question you might have around these functions. It has a great set of core functionality that is free to use, and if you wanted to delve deeper into the video side, you can go Premium.

Cons
Nothing has bothered me to this point, and the way I use the software, it hasn't not been able to do something I wanted to do.

Response from MangoApps

Thank you for your review Reinard! We're glad that TinyTake works well for you. It is an honor to know that it has become a natural part of your workflow, thank you for being a value customer! Cheers

Steve Potter

Overall, I've had a very positive experience with the MangoApps software.

Reviewed 2018-03-20

Pros
The MangoApps software has been a very powerful tool for our company. What I like most so far is definitely the customer service. The MangoApps team is always willing to listen to our feedback and implement new features and requests to make sure that their product is the best it can be, and that it always meets our company needs.

Cons
It can be difficult at times to learn all of the ins and outs of this product (especially the settings) because of the many different menus and sub-menus you have to dive into to discover and make these types of changes.

Response from MangoApps

Steve, thank you for your review of MangoApps! We truly appreciate your feedback and are glad to have you as a customer. It is an honor to know that customers realize the power of MangoApps, and enjoy the overall experience. If there is anything we can do to help you or others with the learning process, please pass that feedback along! Thank you again

Chris Isbell

Solid, always getting better, some unique features

Reviewed 2015-11-19
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Web-based access is a plus; TinyTake is great to attach photos to areas; client collaboration is very helpful. The product always gets better with the new feature additions. The user interface is solid and clean and easy to understand. Great for file storage and documenting things.

Cons
Wish I could add my own fields and apps inside the platform. Would like the ability to track some more project-level details.

Juan Baires

MangoApps is Great for your team

Reviewed 2020-04-03

Great, while the team is using and feeding the system with contents, this tool will be a great part of your organization.

Pros
while using the system, remote and local users can be not just connected but sharing information, data, wikis, real-time communication, customer information and a lot more.

Cons
maybe it has too much that sometimes is difficult to understand or to reach every functionality

James Adkins

Mangoapps review

Reviewed 2018-11-19

We have found that MangoApps allows us to attach and share documents that need to be viewed by an entire department in one location. If they belong to the specific group or department, they have the ability to go in and edit documents and save it a a new revision. This feature help when we need to have documents that others outside the group cannot see. We also have the Intranet page that allows us to post content that everyone in the entire company can view. We post a variety of content like thank you letters from customers, employee wedding photos, baby photos, etc. This allows everyone to go to one location.

Pros
I really like the ability to create different groups and departments. This being a business specific application, it is very important to be able to break out content that is specific for each group or department. This allows users to not be overwhelmed with content that does not pertain to them. I have been using this software for a few years now and I can honestly say that it has evolved over the years they have spent a significant amount of time making changes to better suit the end user.

Cons
I feel that updates are pushed out to the web and client with hardly any warning. This makes it diffficult if we have instructions created on how to navigate to a specific area in Mango and then they make changes to the location.

Response from MangoApps

Thank you for your review James! We love to hear from our customers, and i'm happy hear the various areas in which MangoApps is meeting the needs of your business. I'm glad you recognize the evolution, please stick around and we'll continue to make this a better tool for all customers new and old. It is an honor to earn your business again and again.

In regards to the improvements that you are looking for when we make updates.. I will be sure to pass that feedback on to the right groups- I take that feedback very seriously and appreciate your concern. Thank you again!

Bruce Bergman

One of the better intranet/portal offerings available. Very powerful.

Reviewed 2018-03-20

Ability to spin up mini sites for teams and groups to help them collaborate effectively and quickly. The product is able to support many users, all with different needs and styles, and still be managed by one central team/admin. We could potentially have used lesser products that were cheaper, but they all hit the wall at some point, with some missing feature or capability. We have yet to find a hole in what MangoApps offers that truly caused a problem. In addition, they update the product frequently, and introduce new tools and features all the time.

Pros
While there are a host of similar SaaS offerings in this space, they all seem to fall short in one area or the next. Some capabilities are missing, the feature set is not complete, it has reduced/limited functionality, etc. MangoApps is one of the few that has a refreshingly wide breadth of features and capabilities, combined with admin options for customizing and branding to your needs. When considering a collaborative tool like this, it can only be helpful to you if it has the ability to support all of your needs. MangoApps has that. Projects, Departments, Teams and Groups allow you to tailor the site to your organizational structure. Within each of those, there are tools for managing documents, group sharing/collaborating, managing tasks, calendaring, creating informational and blog pages, social interactions (feeds of discussions, etc), as well as a wide variety of pseudo database-like "trackers" for action items, defect tracking, managing resources, ideas, and so on. And if the stock trackers aren't enough, you can create your own and reuse them. The admin features are powerful and granular, meaning you can control almost every aspect of your site, including visibility, access, branding, configuration and more. User membership is also granular, and includes guest accounts which don't count against per-user limits. Our main reason for choosing MangoApps was because it was capable of satisfying every box we had on our list. The others fell short. Highly recommended!

Cons
Along with awesome features, can come some confusion. MangoApps has evolved and improved on a very regular schedule, which means new features and capabilities are added all the time. Unless you stay on top of the changes, you may get lost in the many admin pages provided. The good aspect of that is that they are constantly improving (unlike some others that haven't changed in years) and growing the product, but it does mean you need to pay attention. And browsing through all of the admin configuration settings can take a fair amount of time; there are many settings. In some respects, it would be nice if they offered a quick "Wizard" setup tool for new customers to get a basic site up and running. Our site is fairly well set after several years, but new users might feel daunted by the options facing them at the start. The per-user pricing can get expensive, depending on how you use it. There is a trade off between the power of the tool versus what it would cost you to develop your own site/portal/intranet yourself. In that regard, the ROI analysis is probably something you'll need to perform for your organization, but it's worth the time to do so, and unless your needs are very basic, you'd be hard pressed to match what they offer . If you can work with the guest users concept (somewhat limiting, depending on needs), then costs come down. If you ARE looking only for a basic portal, then this may not be the cheapest tool for you. Their sweet spot is in terms of productivity.

Response from MangoApps

Bruce, thank you for taking the time to provide us with such an in-depth review. I am glad to know that MangoApps has been a great solution for your business, and you are able to make good use of its power. Regarding the your criticism/cons, I understand your frustrations around product updates and staying up to speed. I have passed this feedback along, and I know we are looking for ways to better manage that experience. Thank you again, cheers!

Jill Tansey

MangoApps Review

Reviewed 2018-10-26

We've used since 2013 I believe, it's been a great collaboration tool and useful to get things out of email and store shareable (thats the key) data in one place. I like it!

Pros
Easy collaboration in the feeds. Teams, groups, and projects make it nice to only see what the things you're involved in and not everything going on in the company. I like the Intranet, we use it to share company information, employee accomplishments, and even the menu for the cafe downstairs.

Cons
When you want to view a task from the feeds it opens in a pop up view and it not useful because you don't see the comments, I always have to "copy link" then paste that into the browser. Trackers, the line number is static, so it you sort the numbers stay the same, so if someone reference a line you may not be looking at the same thing if you sorted, there needs to be an actual unique Id.

Response from MangoApps

Jill, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and provide feedback! I'm happy to hear you've been a customer for so long and I hope we can continue to earn your business for many years to come! I will be sure to pass along your feedback as well. Thank you again!

Anonymous

Very good system for tracking projects and storing knowledge in an accessible manner

Reviewed 2018-03-23

Knowledge repository and project management system streamlining.

Pros
Ability to create individual projects within which you can have message feeds, tasks, wikis, file storage etc. Wikis (external to projects) are used by us as knowledge repositories as are file folders within the system. Everything is very easily searchable. Using the desktop app you have live chat functionality. E-mails - from external systems such as Outlook - can be sent directly to projects and appear in the feed.

Cons
Managing tasks within an individual project is easy but there's no easy way to track tasks across all projects. Tasks can be sorted by unassigned, not started, started, etc. but no overall "not yet finished" type sorting to capture all live tasks and a report can't be created from this view (only within projects). This just creates a bit more work. No Gantt chart capability.

Response from MangoApps

Thank you for your review of MangoApps! We truly appreciate your feedback and are glad to have you as a customer. I've recorded your feedback and will be sure to pass it along to our product teams. Cheers!

Rosa Wray

We've been using MangoApps for a year now and it has been great - easy to use and fairly intuitive.

Reviewed 2018-03-21

Pros
We like the different features for collaboration and user engagement. Setting up new groups and projects is easy and staff are finding it very useful to collaborate on projects and assignments. Staff also use these features to interact with other employees on non-work related events (e.g. soccer clubs). Staff really enjoy the Recognition feature, allowing them to thank or congratulate fellow co-workers. The system is easy to use and fairly intuitive and more robust than other systems used in the past. We think Mango is great!

Cons
There are some limitations to certain functionalities, or other functions that are currently not available. However, the Support team is very open to hearing any and all suggestions. They help to try to find a work-around and if there isn't one, they put in request for possible inclusion in future updates. Mango Support is fabulous!

Response from MangoApps

Rosa, thank you for your review of MangoApps! We truly appreciate your feedback and are glad to have you as a customer. It honors me to hear that you are pleased about our Support, and I urge you to keep the feedback and ideas coming! Cheers!

Anonymous

Overall great to use, although could use even more customization and tagging

Reviewed 2018-03-20

Working collaboratively across multiple offices on select projects, increased communication with decrease email, better control of company story, filing system

Pros
Easy to learn, and therefore faster adoption of software. It is intuitive, and accessible to everyone, not just tech people. General layout and user experience seems thought out. Also, everyone loves the levels & badges... go figure

Cons
Cons about the software include some customization issues that have recently been rolled out - templates for posts/wikis. With wikis, would be great to edit their ranking (hierarchy) after we publish. Sometimes we create the wiki, only to have to delete it later, because we thought of a different group or category that it should be under. Also, would like the ability to work on a draft by multiple people before publishing (right now we publish on a closed group, and then take turns editing it there). Would also like a better tagging system for photos and files with more controls built in.

Response from MangoApps

Thank you for taking the time to review MangoApps! We appreciate your feedback and satisfaction. I will be sure to pass your feedback along. Cheers!

Anonymous

Mango has increased the communication and collaboration among our global offices

Reviewed 2018-03-22

Increased company communication (and reduced emails) Global team collaboration Single source of knowledge

Pros
I really value the customer support that Mango provides. Whenever I come across an issue on our site, the support team is always quick to respond and help. They are also always thinking of new features to add and welcome input from their customers. The system has also been a great place to serve as our single source of knowledge. So all departmental resources, company announcements, and other relevant information is stored on our site.

Cons
Mango has a lot of great features, but at times there are many steps to accomplish a single task. Things aren't always as intuitive as I'd like. However, I think that the team is always working hard to simplify and improve these processes

Response from MangoApps

Thank you for your review of MangoApps! We truly appreciate your feedback and are glad to have you as a customer. I'm glad to see you are seeing our efforts to simplify and improve processes. Our goal is to not only provide a powerful tool for any use case, but make it easy and intuitive for all businesses and user types. Cheers!

Jean McGowan

The product and ourselves have grown together.

Reviewed 2018-03-20

One place to house everything. The price is reasonable. The customer service has been wonderful lately.

Pros
The all in one place for our files. We only use the software for chatting and a file repository. We have eliminated the need for folders in-house and upload with PDF's by customer and year. We have been thru two vendor audits who gave us high praise for our filing system.

Cons
When it is updated it is a mandatory update. We find that causes us some downtime. The web interface is a bit clunky. The mango sync has caused people to lose files.

Response from MangoApps

Jean, we take pride in our customer's satisfaction, and I agree- we have grown with a lot of our clients. I'm glad that MangoApps has been a good solution for your business. I have passed along your feedback and concerns, and I hope that those are addressed if not already.

Kyryl Lakishyk

The perfect mix between simplicity and functionality (TinyTake)

Reviewed 2018-12-15

I am an educator. Many of the student's questions can be answered with a screenshot, an arrow and a few lines of text. It is a great way to eliminate unnecessary writing and illustrate my response with an image - a sure way it will be remembered.

Pros
Simple to incorporate into my workflow. A few annotation features - but all that I need. Possibility to upload image, thought I don't frequently use that, I can see that it would be indispensable to posts in forums, Reddit, etc.

Cons
All annotation shapes have shadows that I can't remove. Video capture also adds inner shadow on the top and left sides of the frame.

Response from MangoApps

Kyryl, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that TinyTake fits well into your work flow. I will be sure to pass along your feedback regarding the annotations. Thank you again!

Siobahn Haut

It has increased our overall communication and capturing information.

Reviewed 2018-03-20

Pros
The collaboration and ability to direct the information to the right people, teams etc. We can troubleshoot issues in a more effective way than our business software. The search ability makes it a invaluable resource over trying to find things in email. We use Mango every day and have really built our company culture around the capabilities and efficiency it creates.

Cons
Sometimes it can be hard to understand the best way or best practice for how to deliver the information. Teams, projects, departments etc all have different functions and you have to really understand them and utilize them properly.

Response from MangoApps

Siobahn, thank you for taking the time to review MangoApps! We appreciate your feedback and satisfaction. I will be sure to pass your feedback along. Cheers!

Joe Frish

A tool in the toolbox

Reviewed 2018-11-06

Overall we're happy with the product, and will continue to use it.

Pros
Collaborating in MangoApps is almost automatic. We have a thriving ecosystem of Groups, Projects and Departments in MangoApps.

Cons
Sometimes the updates are pushed and changes made to the UI or to functionality (which sometimes cause bugs) with little to no warning. A better communicated and tested update process would be beneficial.

Response from MangoApps

Joe, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I'm glad to hear that MangoApps is working well for your company and that things are thriving as you mention. I do hear you loud and clear regarding the update notifications and update process. I will pass along that feedback so that we can address this for yourself and many others. Together we make MangoApps better every day, thank you again for your feedback!

Tim Middlecote

MangoApps is a great , flexible tool for our organisation's intranet. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 2018-03-20

Pros
MangoApps are constantly evolving the product in response to user needs. We selected it following a thorough review of the market and it ticked all our boxes as a cross between a collaboration platform and organisational intranet. It offered significantly more functionality compared to competitors at the price point. Since becoming customers we have seen regular significant improvements in the product.

Cons
The release of some new features have on occasion had unexpected consequences for the setup of our intranet although we have always been able to resolve or workaround these.

Response from MangoApps

Tim, thank you for taking the time to review MangoApps! We appreciate your feedback and satisfaction. I will be sure to pass your feedback along regarding updates/releases. Thanks again!

Wole Lawani

High business value due to the number of useful modules. Very irritating billing.

Reviewed 2018-03-20

Keeps the whole company on one page.

Pros
Range of modules (wikis, posts, groups, projects, calendars, etc). No apparent limits on data storage.

Cons
Many international debit/credit cards don't work on the payment platform, and to make matters worse the company shuts off access to your account as soon as a payment fails. Many complaints on this have had no impact.

Response from MangoApps

Wole, thank you for your review! I am glad to hear that you find MangoApps to be the right solution for your business and realize the power of our modules. I am sorry that there have been issues with billing. Have your billing issues been resolved? Please let us know.

Kevin Bottoms

TinyTake is Awesome

Reviewed 2018-10-29

So far the program has worked flawlessly and made it easy to share my screenshots in a meaniful way with fellow employees and clients.

Pros
It makes it easy to capture what you want from the screen, annotate what you want to highlight, and paste to documents and/or email.

Cons
It requires you to use Shift along with Control + C instead of just Control + C for copying what you have ready for pasting. It is only something you have to learn and is not much of an issue.

Response from MangoApps

Kevin, thank you for taking the time to review TinyTake and provide feedback! I'm glad to see that it is working well for you and your business. Cheers!

Itziar Ormaetxea

I use it to manage my projects and share files, tasks, ideas with my colleagues. Great tool

Reviewed 2018-03-20

I am able to manage my projects in a very easy and visual way. I can share everything with my colleagues and also with our customers, and access it from anywhere.

Pros
I like the look and feel, the ease for managing my projects and tasks, and sharing what we need with my colleagues

Cons
The app has evolved a lot, but still misses some features I would like to have when I am not at the office.

Response from MangoApps

Itziar, thank you for taking the time to review MangoApps! We appreciate your feedback and satisfaction. I'm glad to see that you have stuck with us through our progress and evolution. If you have ideas or suggestions, we are all ears!