MangoApps Reviews

4.15/5 (73 reviews)

James Adkins

Mangoapps review

Reviewed 2018-11-19

We have found that MangoApps allows us to attach and share documents that need to be viewed by an entire department in one location. If they belong to the specific group or department, they have the ability to go in and edit documents and save it a a new revision. This feature help when we need to have documents that others outside the group cannot see. We also have the Intranet page that allows us to post content that everyone in the entire company can view. We post a variety of content like thank you letters from customers, employee wedding photos, baby photos, etc. This allows everyone to go to one location.I really like the ability to create different groups and departments. This being a business specific application, it is very important to be able to break out content that is specific for each group or department. This allows users to not be overwhelmed with content that does not pertain to them. I have been using this software for a few years now and I can honestly say that it has evolved over the years they have spent a significant amount of time making changes to better suit the end user.

Bruce Bergman

One of the better intranet/portal offerings available. Very powerful.

Reviewed 2018-03-20

Ability to spin up mini sites for teams and groups to help them collaborate effectively and quickly. The product is able to support many users, all with different needs and styles, and still be managed by one central team/admin. We could potentially have used lesser products that were cheaper, but they all hit the wall at some point, with some missing feature or capability. We have yet to find a hole in what MangoApps offers that truly caused a problem. In addition, they update the product frequently, and introduce new tools and features all the time.While there are a host of similar SaaS offerings in this space, they all seem to fall short in one area or the next. Some capabilities are missing, the feature set is not complete, it has reduced/limited functionality, etc. MangoApps is one of the few that has a refreshingly wide breadth of features and capabilities, combined with admin options for customizing and branding to your needs. When considering a collaborative tool like this, it can only be helpful to you if it has the ability to support all of your needs. MangoApps has that. Projects, Departments, Teams and Groups allow you to tailor the site to your organizational structure. Within each of those, there are tools for managing documents, group sharing/collaborating, managing tasks, calendaring, creating informational and blog pages, social interactions (feeds of discussions, etc), as well as a wide variety of pseudo database-like "trackers" for action items, defect tracking, managing resources, ideas, and so on. And if the stock trackers aren't enough, you can create your own and reuse them. The admin features are powerful and granular, meaning you can control almost every aspect of your site, including visibility, access, branding, configuration and more. User membership is also granular, and includes guest accounts which don't count against per-user limits. Our main reason for choosing MangoApps was because it was capable of satisfying every box we had on our list. The others fell short. Highly recommended!

Jill Tansey

MangoApps Review

Reviewed 2018-10-26

We've used since 2013 I believe, it's been a great collaboration tool and useful to get things out of email and store shareable (thats the key) data in one place. I like it!Easy collaboration in the feeds. Teams, groups, and projects make it nice to only see what the things you're involved in and not everything going on in the company. I like the Intranet, we use it to share company information, employee accomplishments, and even the menu for the cafe downstairs.

Anonymous

Very good system for tracking projects and storing knowledge in an accessible manner

Reviewed 2018-03-23

Knowledge repository and project management system streamlining. Ability to create individual projects within which you can have message feeds, tasks, wikis, file storage etc. Wikis (external to projects) are used by us as knowledge repositories as are file folders within the system. Everything is very easily searchable. Using the desktop app you have live chat functionality. E-mails - from external systems such as Outlook - can be sent directly to projects and appear in the feed.

Rosa Wray

We've been using MangoApps for a year now and it has been great - easy to use and fairly intuitive.

Reviewed 2018-03-21

We like the different features for collaboration and user engagement. Setting up new groups and projects is easy and staff are finding it very useful to collaborate on projects and assignments. Staff also use these features to interact with other employees on non-work related events (e.g. soccer clubs). Staff really enjoy the Recognition feature, allowing them to thank or congratulate fellow co-workers. The system is easy to use and fairly intuitive and more robust than other systems used in the past. We think Mango is great!

Anonymous

Overall great to use, although could use even more customization and tagging

Reviewed 2018-03-20

Working collaboratively across multiple offices on select projects, increased communication with decrease email, better control of company story, filing system Easy to learn, and therefore faster adoption of software. It is intuitive, and accessible to everyone, not just tech people. General layout and user experience seems thought out. Also, everyone loves the levels & badges... go figure

Anonymous

Mango has increased the communication and collaboration among our global offices

Reviewed 2018-03-22

Increased company communication (and reduced emails) Global team collaboration Single source of knowledge I really value the customer support that Mango provides. Whenever I come across an issue on our site, the support team is always quick to respond and help. They are also always thinking of new features to add and welcome input from their customers. The system has also been a great place to serve as our single source of knowledge. So all departmental resources, company announcements, and other relevant information is stored on our site.

Kevin Smith

TinyTake Saves Me Tons Of Time

Reviewed 2018-11-02

I use TinyTake for a versatile snipping tool that allows me to quickly and easily capture any region and place it where I need it, or into a file for later. The screen recording tool (up to 5 minutes per clip on my free use app) has been a tremendous boost for creating training and informational videos at work.

Jean McGowan

The product and ourselves have grown together.

Reviewed 2018-03-20

One place to house everything. The price is reasonable. The customer service has been wonderful lately. The all in one place for our files. We only use the software for chatting and a file repository. We have eliminated the need for folders in-house and upload with PDF's by customer and year. We have been thru two vendor audits who gave us high praise for our filing system.

Kyryl Lakishyk

The perfect mix between simplicity and functionality (TinyTake)

Reviewed 2018-12-15

I am an educator. Many of the student's questions can be answered with a screenshot, an arrow and a few lines of text. It is a great way to eliminate unnecessary writing and illustrate my response with an image - a sure way it will be remembered. Simple to incorporate into my workflow. A few annotation features - but all that I need. Possibility to upload image, thought I don't frequently use that, I can see that it would be indispensable to posts in forums, Reddit, etc.

Femi Badejo Gidz

MangoApps has really helped in managing projects for me and my team especially

Reviewed 2018-03-20

File management and thread management, it's a great app for sharing and keeping up to date with products and ideas.it has a lot of features especially the part of creating threads, wikis, versions of documents, image, and video previews, mentions and tags, group management, chatting functionality and badges too it's really a great application.

Siobahn Haut

It has increased our overall communication and capturing information.

Reviewed 2018-03-20

The collaboration and ability to direct the information to the right people, teams etc. We can troubleshoot issues in a more effective way than our business software. The search ability makes it a invaluable resource over trying to find things in email. We use Mango every day and have really built our company culture around the capabilities and efficiency it creates.

Joe Frish

A tool in the toolbox

Reviewed 2018-11-06

Overall we're happy with the product, and will continue to use it.Collaborating in MangoApps is almost automatic. We have a thriving ecosystem of Groups, Projects and Departments in MangoApps.

Wareh Oweh

My experience has been nice. I've used MangoApps before now and its a great means of communication.

Reviewed 2018-03-21

Mangoapps made my onboarding easy. I find it easy to assign tasks to team members. The wiki functionality is very useful because it gives our developers a pool of information the can always refer to as well as update if need be. The existence of groups. Ability to create wikis for developers to study. The mention notification Badges - its fun Great place for proper onboarding of new employees.

Tim Middlecote

MangoApps is a great , flexible tool for our organisation's intranet. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 2018-03-20

MangoApps are constantly evolving the product in response to user needs. We selected it following a thorough review of the market and it ticked all our boxes as a cross between a collaboration platform and organisational intranet. It offered significantly more functionality compared to competitors at the price point. Since becoming customers we have seen regular significant improvements in the product.

Wole Lawani

High business value due to the number of useful modules. Very irritating billing.

Reviewed 2018-03-20

Keeps the whole company on one page.Range of modules (wikis, posts, groups, projects, calendars, etc). No apparent limits on data storage.

Kevin Bottoms

TinyTake is Awesome

Reviewed 2018-10-29

So far the program has worked flawlessly and made it easy to share my screenshots in a meaniful way with fellow employees and clients.It makes it easy to capture what you want from the screen, annotate what you want to highlight, and paste to documents and/or email.

Reinard Du Plessis

Great third party tool that seamlessly does what you wanted to do

Reviewed 2018-10-26

While definitely a compliment, TinyTake has become one of those apps I forget about, it's there and I use it, without it taking effort or thought, it has become part of my workflow.TinyTake is one of those apps that answers a question, you normally sit in front of your laptop and want to do something, but you aren't sure how and or if you can. When it comes to screen capturing, recording, sharing and editing, TinyTake answers any question you might have around these functions. It has a great set of core functionality that is free to use, and if you wanted to delve deeper into the video side, you can go Premium.

Itziar Ormaetxea

I use it to manage my projects and share files, tasks, ideas with my colleagues. Great tool

Reviewed 2018-03-20

I am able to manage my projects in a very easy and visual way. I can share everything with my colleagues and also with our customers, and access it from anywhere.I like the look and feel, the ease for managing my projects and tasks, and sharing what we need with my colleagues

Good OTS System

Reviewed 2018-10-26

The tech support and developers are very responsive and helpful. They are particularly accommodating to non-tech savy customers. The time needed to design and develop site pages is greatly minimized by using the templates provided when compared to developing a website from the ground up. Mango Social Intranet has an existing integration for many of the web apps you may already be using, so it's not necessary to completely jump ship (at least not right away) on the products your company is accustom to using. There were some features that we wanted that were not available to us. For the simpler requests, the developers provided us a piece of code that we could use whenever we wanted to use that feature. I definitely was not expecting that level of service from the team and was very appreciative. Other, more complex requests were made available to us in later releases of the product.

Sarah Ingham

Ease of Use and Frequent Updates

Reviewed 2018-10-26

I like how easy it is to navigate and also use. I mostly use the posting/wiki/tracker tools which are very user friendly. I also enjoy how often the sofware is updated.

Steve Potter

Overall, I've had a very positive experience with the MangoApps software.

Reviewed 2018-03-20

The MangoApps software has been a very powerful tool for our company. What I like most so far is definitely the customer service. The MangoApps team is always willing to listen to our feedback and implement new features and requests to make sure that their product is the best it can be, and that it always meets our company needs.

jimena cortes

better training on customizing templates would be helpful

Reviewed 2018-03-21

does what i need it to do for project management...has made our team more effective overall since the start

Sabrina Sampey

Great Support and Easy to Use

Reviewed 2018-11-07

I like how much support we got from the Mango team to get the product up and running. Also we were able to get this tool up in a very short time!

Brett Winton

Great for our needs

Reviewed 2018-03-20

Document management features are strong. Ability to segregate projects, documents and communications between guest and network users.