Foxit PDF Editor Logo

Desktop solution for creating and editing PDF documents

Foxit PDF Editor Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.9/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

abbyy-finereader
jotform-4-0

My overall experience with Foxit PhantomPDF is excellent and I recommend it to other professionals as well.
It's easy to use it's not very too hard it's a facing type of the size the special characters and stuff like that video is easy format and how you want to use it and how you want to do it.
Having some trouble editing on the file after using the printer.mobile version for Android feels very limited.converting DOC file to Webpage with images on it is a little bit buggy.
Software updates take some time and require the program to be closed. Can be bothersome during the workday, but those aren't needed often.

Jean Bertin C.

Professional Training & Coaching, 10,001+ employees

This is my go-to PDF editor

Overall, It is a decent PDF editor that is supported by a trusted company. Foxit offers an affordable PDF solution with plenty of security and functionality for the average user at a decent price point. Foxit PDF Editor's limitations come to light when it comes to higher-end conversion tasks, but it is capable of handling everyday business viewing, conversion, and editing jobs in a snap, giving it serious competition to the industry-standard Adobe suite.

Pros

I consider Foxit PhantomPDF or Foxit PDF Editor to be one of my favorite applications due to its easy-to-use interface and familiarity with the ribbon menu in Microsoft Office. As a person who has used Microsoft Office for many years, it looks very much like an extension of that platform. As part of a specific agreement with Adobe, every device provided to our organization is equipped with the Adobe...

Cons

A major downside to Foxit PDF Editor is that it cannot convert files into ePubs, although for some users this might not be a big deal. However, it would be handy if we could include this popular format as a default. One of the other cons I noted was the OCR functionality. This particular module is required to enable Optical Character Recognition. However, the majority of image-heavy documents are too complex for it, and the performance of such documents is severely impacted.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

A powerful and fast Adobe Acrobat replacement

Overall I am happy with Foxit. I know I said the interface is not friendly but i am using it for more than four years so I know now which is what. One specific point I want to mention if you ever lose your ppt/ doc/ xls file don't worry Foxit can convert documents almost accurately. All in all if you ever move to Foxit and get used to its interface it is a lightweight beast (compared to Adobe Acrobat DC) which can tackle your daily challenges without making you sweat.

Pros

Editing, shuffling pages, adding deleting text and merging PDF, these are my regular task in Foxit. And it deliver all those without making my PC go heywire. I think all PDF maker should understand that they should have a lightweight product variant which simply do these. Cause we are not seasoned editor, rather we are business professionals who want to manage simple tasks in a PDF editor. Thanks to Foxit I never have to face any trouble with my office projects as it deliver what I wanted and when I wanted.

Cons

Foxit is very good editor but sometimes I feel like it needs a little graphical overhaul. Some options are repetitive, some are jammed in a single button and sometimes it is difficult o find the right buttons. If they make the interface a little more friendly by dropping rarely used features then it will be a perfect product. One thing they can do is letting us choose which buttons we want to see in our top bar.

EC

Eugene C.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Nothing Works!

Not happy at all. I have a deadline to make and I lost 3 days because of this.

Pros

Just like I said... nothing works. It keeps telling to buy the product then tells me I already purchased it when I go to buy it again.

Cons

Nothing. Didn't get use any of it and the cloud editor got as far as only starting a blank pdf.

JH

Jay H.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1-10 employees

A less expensive alternative with equal or better functionality

I use Foxit daily to read, edit, and create PDFs that are very interactive and are used for anything from contractual agreements to key media for communication. Overall, after using this software for 3+ years, I have had a very positive experience.

Pros

Foxit offers a comprehensive PDF editing software that is on par with the other major PDF editing software available. The ability to move and delete pages, merge/append files, and sign and protect files is superior to what Adobe offers from my experience. Plus the OCR scan and form field tool make producing very professional and interactive PDFs a breeze. Also, the prices that Foxit offers blow some of the other editing software out of the water and Foxit makes it very easy to find the best option for you, whether it's paying outright one time or paying a subscription for the latest and greatest.

Cons

Foxit is packed with a ton of features including many that I am not even sure of what they do, however commenting and annotations is not one of its strongest capabilities. I end up jumping over to Adobe Reader (free version) to make those sorts of edits. Foxit is also ever-so-slightly bloated and may be a little slow on older computers, particularly as the default PDF reader.

JO

Javier O.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, self-employed

PDF for everyone

excellent pdf editor! the best that I ever used!

Pros

Foxit PDF is very easy to use, even easier in my opinion than the competition. And you can buy a license that will last forever! no need of subscription!

Cons

It takes a few hours to get used to the interface if you are too used to the competition products.

JT

JAMES T.

Wholesale, 1-10 employees

DON'T BUY IT

BASICALLY A DISASTER OVER MANY YEARS... SOOOO SORRY I HAD THE COMPANY START USING IT YEARS AGO

Pros

NOTHING - OVER TIME IT'S A DISASTER - THEIR INTERNAL MANGEMENT OF SUBSCRIPTIONS IS TOTALLY UNRELIABLE

Cons

LICENSE CONTROL AND ADDING TO NEW COMPUTERS

PP

Paul P.

Retail, 201-500 employees

Great product, best bang for your buck

Phantom has allowed us to distribute the ability to edit PDFs to more team members due to its great cost structure. This is a valuable tool for our associates. Prior to windows 10 the PDF printer included with Phantom and the basic reader software were excellent tools. Have had only positive experiences with Foxit and when the very occasional issue has been encountered their support team was responsive and helped resolve the issues.

Pros

Foxit PhantomPDF has all the same features as Adobe Acrobat at a fraction of the price. It also handles problematic PDFS better than Adobe. IE it will open PDF files that Adobe will not. Easy to implement and no subscription is required.

Cons

I can't think of any cons off hand and have had no complaints from users regarding this software.

Anthony Z.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

An easy to use pdf reader and editor.

I use Foxit daily and while it isn't the greatest piece of software ever made, it does its job for us and I would recommend it to other users and in fact I have regular recommended it to friends looking to switch products.

Pros

We were looking for a step above the basic pdf editors that you can find online for free and Foxit ticked a lot of boxes, plus it was inexpensive. I wanted an easy way to edit pdf documents and I tried a few companies, but Foxit was the easiest to use.

Cons

The toolbar/ribbon is robust so there is a learning curve to use the software.

Computer & Network Security, self-employed

One of best PDF reader and editor

Pros

I like it as it has free version for reading PDF files, make marking, adding texts to PDF document and save them for later. Moreover, it's available in smartphone and I use both in my laptop and android phone. Also printing fractionality is great as it has lots of features there.

Cons

Sometimes it stacks and stop working and you have to end task it.

Warehousing, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Great Budget Option - Same Features as Adobe

Pros

Foxit is a great alternative to Adobe, and we have not received any complaints from users after switching over.

Cons

Updates require administrative privileges - if your company does not allow users to be local administrators, consider the ramifications of this before purchasing.

AP

Abdou P.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Experience the Advanced Features of Foxit PhantomPDF for Effective PDF Management

I can say that my overall experience using Foxit PhantomPDF has been positive. This software is a powerful tool for PDF file management with many advanced features, including converting PDFs to Microsoft Office files, document scanning, password protection, optical character recognition (OCR), and many more.

Pros

Foxit Phantom PDF is a powerful tool for managing and editing PDF files. Its user-friendly interface and wide range of features make it a great choice for professionals and casual users alike. The software provides excellent security features, including password protection and document encryption, to ensure that sensitive information is always kept safe.One of the standout features of Foxit Phantom PDF is its ability to convert documents into various formats such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. This is incredibly useful for users who need to edit or repurpose PDF content.

Cons

I have experienced compatibility issues with other software, especially when it comes to integration with email tools or web browsers. It is also important to note that the user interface may seem cluttered or confusing to some users, which can affect their overall experience.

MH

Mark H.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Having full control to your PDF file is the best definition of Foxit PDF Editior.

I had a pretty decent experience using Foxit PDF Editor and Reader ,it's lite and feels more intuitive to use than other PDF editors.

Pros

The ability to add highlight to the text.Adding watermark , signatures and other personal stamps.it's intuitive to use.very light software which requires less space.

GM

Geeti M.

Management Consulting, 501-1,000 employees

Foxit PhantomPDF is a great tool for viewing, editing, and managing PDF files.

Overall, Foxit PhantomPDF is a powerful PDF file editor that allows you to create, edit, convert, and share PDF files. It has a wide range of features that make it an ideal choice for editing and creating PDF documents. I have used Foxit PhantomPDF for several projects and found it to be very easy to use and efficient.

Pros

One of the things I liked most about Foxit PhantomPDF is its ability to highlight text in the document with ease. This feature allowed me to quickly find important passages in my documents without having to scroll through each page. Additionally, the ability to convert PDFs into other formats was also quite useful as it enabled me to share my documents with others without any hassle.

Cons

The thing I liked least about Foxit PhantomPDF was its lack of support for certain file types such as Word or Excel documents. While this wasn't a major issue for me, it could be an inconvenience for some users who need more flexibility when working with different types of files

FA

Fabien A.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

C'est mon éditeur de PDF préféré

Dans l'ensemble, c'est un éditeur PDF décent qui est pris en charge par une entreprise de confiance. Foxit propose une solution PDF abordable avec beaucoup de sécurité et de fonctionnalités pour l'utilisateur moyen à un prix décent.Par exemple sa lecture de texte audio, est une bonne aide quand on est fatigué on passe en mode audio.

Pros

Je considère Foxit PhantomPDF ou Foxit PDF Editor comme l'une de mes applications préférées en raison de son interface facile à utiliser et de sa familiarité avec le menu ruban de Microsoft Office. En tant que personne qui utilise Microsoft Office depuis de nombreuses années, cela ressemble beaucoup à une extension de cette plate-forme. Et ses options notifications pour les commentaires sont super.

Cons

Un inconvénient majeur de Foxit PDF Editor est qu'il ne peut pas convertir les fichiers en ePubs, bien que cela puisse ne pas être un gros problème.

Showing original review in French. See translation

Broadcast Media, 51-200 employees

A fast PDF editor that offers all the frequently used PDF Management requirements

I often have to create pitch decks and sometimes my colleagues send me PDF and tell me to use that as reference. But Foxit's document conversion makes it easy to convert those files in PowerPoint and then copy the assets I want to reuse. Moreover, PDF is always the best way to share proposal without the possibility of loosing the format. I always convert my files to PDF using Foxit. Converting webpages to PDF is easier now. Most browser have option for that. But once upon a time, Foxit PDF printer was my only friend.

Pros

I fall in love with Foxit the moment it started instantly when I opened it for the first time. Since then I always used Foxit for PDF editing, document conversion, text correction, form generation etc.

Cons

Foxit has all the options in a crammed space and makes it difficult to find the right one. It implemented ribbons long time back. I think its time to make controls more context oriented. Like if I select a part of text the top bar should more focused on cut, copy, replace etc.

RW

Richard W.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

The Best Bang for the Buck

Bottom Line: 100% Satisfaction

Pros

I have been using Foxit for the past 8 years. It is quite easy to use, and their Service Dept is terrific.

Cons

I have zero complaints, it works even better than advertised.

Syazila R.

Oil & Energy, 1,001-5,000 employees

Review for Foxit PhantomPDF

What i has experience with this software is quite eventful, as i can have the PDF reader and editor on the same software, and not needing other additional software to editing my PDF document.

Pros

It is one stop center that all i need for editing and changing my PDF document. It has a good text editing tools that will not messing the original layout, unlike other PDF editing software. Other than that, it also can convert the PDF files into other format, like .jpeg and or .html

Cons

Picture editing and placement is not the best with this software, as it has its own grid, and the picture can only be placed on the grid. It is making the picture placement not too flexible and will messing with the document layout that i intended to do.

AC

Ashley C.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Absolutely love this program!

Pros

I use this software everyday to scan all of our paperwork in (invoices, Liens, statements, receipts, etc.) and save them as pdf files in our system for future viewing. We started using this to eliminate paper files. You can scan in multiple pages at a time and then organize and separate them into individual files and this is so simply done. I also use it frequently to covert files like Word files into pdf files and this can be done with one click of a button. You can easily add comment to any file and the DocuSign is one of my favorite features. You can sign any document electronically and email it back to someone. I use this every week when I send out Liens that need to signed. Absolutely love this program!

Cons

I can't really find anything bad to say about Foxit Phantom PDF, I love it and it is the most simplest program to use. If I had too, I guess I would just say that I wish you didn't have to pay to use it!

Government Administration, 501-1,000 employees

El mejor editor de PDF

Pros

Sin dudas la forma de relacionarme con textos académicos cambió con el Foxit. Es como tener el texto impreso en papel, pero poder guardarlo para siempre y sin ocupar lugar. La cantidad de elementos que permite utilizar lo convierten en un insumo clave para quienes estudiamos y trabajamos mucho en los textos, ahora nunca más tengo qe lamentarme por haber perdido un texto en el que fui una y mil veces, en el que dediqué tiempo a escribir anotaciones, remarcar ideas principales, etc. Todo queda ahí como si lo hubiese tenido delante con lápiz en la mano o miles de resaltadores.

Cons

Lo malo es el gestor de archvios sobre todo en dispositivos moviles como tables o smartphones. El resto, el mejor!

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

BC

Bonnie C.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Professional Documents - one stop shopping

Excellent. Compelling graphics and text that really communicate are no longer just for marketing and sales pieces. Every letter, technical description, white paper - everything we communicate must nail the message. Foxit makes it easy and fast to put create impactful messages - especially for those of us who are not graphic artists but still want to set the bar high.

Pros

Flexibility in editing pdf files with images and text, as well as overlays of text over images. It's easy to try out different fonts, colors, placement, etc. without having to move the document in and out of other tools such as Paint, Visio or Word. It's all there, in 1 place.

Cons

It's hard for a new user to master all the toolbars and find out how to do some of the common editing functions. The interface is different from Adobe, but just as feature-rich. The more I use PDF Editor, the easier it is to find what I need. Foxit offers tutorials and webinars to help with this also.

LM

Lewis M.

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

Reliable

Pros

This is a reliable software, does not crash like other PDF editors

Cons

New version is missing some of the features from the older version

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

Effective Software for Browsing and Modifying PDF Files

I can summarize up my experience as very wonderful. I enjoyed using the various features and tools that serve all my uses. In general, I'm satisfied with this experience, and I will definitely recommend this product to my friends and acquaintances

Pros

One of the best software that I daily used to modify PDF files compared to competitors. The software offers a package of important tools that I like such as:- - OCR is the best. - merging files. - extracting images and figures. - compressing file size. also, It has a great simple interface design and you can access all commands quite easily.

Cons

- Sometimes the font type is not well recognized - The image color adjustment feature needs more improvements

GG

Grace G.

Public Policy, 11-50 employees

Light to use and very user friendly

I use Foxit the most on mobile primarily due to its extremely lightweight and ease of use. My phone does not struggle to handle big documents and using it does not draw too much on my RAM to limit my operation of other programs or make my phone too slow. The ease of navigation and annotations also makes reading on my phone much more enjoyable than with other alternatives.

Pros

The user interface is very simple and allows for maximum efficiency of use. Navigating to all commonly-used features such as digital signatures, document merger, document splitting, or format conversion is easily done. What I love best about Foxit is therefore the unbelievable ease of use and efficiency of the user experience.

Cons

Sometimes, it freezes and crashes even when I am working on small documents... with changes not saved. I therefore would have to begin from scratch all over again.

TY

Tsunghan Y.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 10,001+ employees

不足があるがコスパが良い

通常の使用なら、Adobe acrobatの代替になる。

Pros

基本機能はAdobe acrobatとほぼ同じ。Adobe acrobatでできることはfoxit pdfでもできる。またpdfを開く際に動作はAdobe acrobatより軽くて快適。一番いいところは、Adobe acrobatに比べたらかなり安い。永久ライセンスなので、一回購入するとライセンス更新が要らない。

Cons

OCR機能の誤認識は多々ある。またpdfをwordなどのファイルへ変換する際に文字化けがよく発生する。

Showing original review in Japanese. See translation

CE

Cindy E.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Fox it PDF

Pros

The software is a definite value, features of software compare to Adobe and the cost is less than half per license.

Cons

As with any PDF editing software there are just some documents that can not be edited. I would like to see a way to just highlight a specific areas on photos that were changed to a PDF from a photo.