All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Grammarly Business Reviews

Pros

I like that Grammarly is quick, accurate and good at explaining the corrections that it suggests. It also is simple to use - once you install the plugin or extension you are good to go.

Read the full review
Super easy to setup and use, it works really good when integrated with Gmail, super easy , and user friendly, it helps users to send emails thru without hesitation for grammar.

Miguel D.

Read the full review
Grammarly really helps to save time and produce better content. I appreciate is immediately way to sync with the page you are working on.

Scott M.

Read the full review

Cons

I hate it when Grammarly tells me I'm using passive voice. I know it is right, but I still hate it.

Maryam N.

Read the full review
It didn't explain very well why there was an error; such as if the sentence was a run on sentence or not, or why a comma shouldn't be used here.

Autumn P.

4.7

(3k)

2,236

3,010 reviews

Grammerly is a game changer.

Transcript

Jeremy G.: My name is Jeremy, I am a blogger, and I give Grammarly a four out of five. The other products...

Grammarly is great for our editing team

Transcript

Destiny E.: My name is Destiny. I'm a communications director in higher education and I give Grammarly...

Best writing companion, ever!

Grammarly did tremendous development. When I started, I was using it as a web app to check my text. But I started using it with the extension. I did not use the sentiment or audience optimization though. For my limited usecases, the default setting was more than enough. An excellent tool and highly recommended

Pros

I started using a writing tool with Grammarly free. My English was not excellent, nor it was bad for a non-native. But what I had nightmares of were mistakes, spelling and grammatical both. With Grammarly, my emails, memos, social media posts and even chats became instantly better. But the best thing was, I didnt have to check and re-check my writing for errors. I had piece of mind and can write in a flow.

Cons

The one and only negative I can think of is the price. They don't offer a one-time payment perpetual/lifetime license and the subscriptions are rather high. Though you can get it during their occasional promo campaigns. Since we didn't have a budget for a writing tool, and we could make do with their generous free version, I decided to cancel it after a time.

A "Nice To Have" Business Addition

Since my workplace already subscribed to Grammerly Business and it was an automatic add-on to my email suite, it's been an amazing addition to double-check and support my professional communications. If I was a copy-writer or content specialist, I could also see this as being an integral tool for quality assurance on other online platforms (social media, web building, etc.). Otherwise, I'm not sure that I would personally spend the $25+/month to have an advanced "spell checker" for me emails. I think this is the perfect tool for external marketing/messaging, legal/financial communications, or other high-stakes communications businesses that need to ensure that they dot every "i" and cross every "t".

Pros

-Always on and always checking: often catches the small things that my online platforms don't catch (such as grammar, punctuation, etc.) -It's suggested swaps sometimes indicate something about grammar that I didn't know, so a nice learning function as well thru use -New "Tone Detector" is a good reminder to stay "professional" when needed and "lighten up" a bit when it's not required

Cons

-At $25+ per person, per month, it seems pricey for the somewhat minimal benefit it provides -It is not full proof: I have definitely caught it making an obvious mistake in somewhat complex context situations -Does not integrate on every platform, so there are times where I would like to rely on Grammarly to double-check my work, but it does not function on that particular site

Grammarly, an invaluable writing tool which has has no rival.

It has helped our business to communicate fluently with our business partners without fear of errors and mistakes in emails and documents. Grammarly always lets us know the tone of what we are writing to our correspondents and it lets us correct any misspelled and incorrect grammar in the whole text.

Pros

What I like most about this software is, it gives you lots of recommendations in real-time while typing. It's build-in chrome plugin helps to monitor your spelling and grammar errors improving the tone and mood of your writing. Grammarly also helps you avoid the most common spelling and grammar errors you usually make while typing and its suggestions are second to non. I love the speed with which it's customer care respond to customer queries. Grammarly has also helped me in cases where a second pair of eyes is necessary like when there are silly typing errors that the browser can't notify you, grammarly is there to let you know your mistakes so you can easily correct them and make your typing clean, neat and perfect.

Cons

Technology-wise, the dictionary of Grammarly still lacks many words. Errors with online text entry fields (such as LinkedIn) are not corrected with the Grammar Check Tool.

Could benefit from specialization

If Grammarly offered a one-time payment for a lifetime subscription and a more seamless integration with MS Word, I might consider purchasing it again.

Pros

Grammarly's interfaces and online presence are bright, friendly, and welcoming. I've followed their blogs for years and love the tone checker in their free Chrome extension—what an interesting idea! Grammarly generally feels more "fun" than its competitors, so I can see it being welcome in teaching environments.

Cons

I feel as if I'm constantly seeing updates about new services or functionality from Grammarly—which would be great, if they worked out the kinks in their existing products. Grammarly flags non-errors as problematic much more often than its competitors, is more likely to make suggestions that actually take away from the quality of a piece of writing if users blindly accept them, and cannot be run on longer documents in Microsoft Word, making it impractical for use with longer reports or book-length projects.

Ensure errorless writing pieces with Grammarly

Overall Experience is Pleasant. I don't intend to switch on any other software.

Pros

It's most satisfying aspect is its extension we add to a google account on chrome. Means anywhere on the internet, it will correct me while writing, even right now! Not only the spelling mistakes or basic hyphenation or grammatical errors, yet it gives synonyms in case of repetitive nouns or adjectives. A more interesting & state of the art feature is maintaining a certain tone of writing, i.e. business, neutral, optimistic, knowledgable. etc. & remind me by an emoji. I become more confident with its premium account because the ad- on's are piracy check, overall sentence & paragraph correction, which is fair enough.

Cons

Its most irritating feature is it doesn't wait to complete the sentence & begins its correction even before the full stop. While writing emails, or doing caption on Facebook Pages, I got frustrated with its free version as it affected the backspace (erasing something) key & removed the next word instead. Very few of the times, it corrects me incorrectly.

Improved My Writing!

I have improved my writing by using Grammarly and I have been able to produce higher quality content.

Pros

Grammarly catches nearly all my editing issues and explains why they are issues. This allows me to both fix my mistakes and learn from them.

Cons

The one thing that bugs me is that Grammarly doesn't save info. For example, if I dismiss or choose to "ignore" an editing suggestion and then I reopen the document later, it will be there again.

Writing made simple

The best way to improve one's overall writing skills. Accuracy and professionalism all made possible through one software.

Pros

Sentence suggestion is amazing. It takes your simple sentences and makes them more concise. Readability is simply outstanding. It gives you points on your composition's readability and tone. Basic grammar and spell-check are just priceless. It highlights the mistakes and gives you suggestions. The user interface is very easy to use, easy to understand.

Cons

Grammarly still does not integrate properly in some web apps and websites. The keyboard-based integration in mobile apps needs some work. The interface is not the same across all platforms.

Very helpful to have!

It's very helpful for both my professional and academic jobs. It often corrects my small and big mistakes. It can also check plagiarism (for academic purposes). The plagiarism check isn't as accurate as TurnItIn though. But for its main purpose as a grammar checker, it does the job welldone.

Pros

Grammarly helps correct my writing in the browsers, emails, or even GoogleDocs. It's very sophisticated that it can even recognize the tone. However, sometimes it has a suggestion that humans won't write that way. It's understandable because it's machine learning. I'd rate 8/10 for the accuracy. There's also the free version of them.

Cons

If only they could slightly reduce the price. However, they keep improving the services and features consistently. Hence, I'm don't really mind their price. Overall, good and worth to try.

Time saver!

Overall, I'm very satisfied with Grammarly. I use it daily for writing content, emails, blogs, and etc.

Pros

I love this software since it helps me correct my spelling and grammar. I've used numerous alternatives out there, but Grammarly is the best.

Cons

I think the business plan is quite expensive although it gets the same features as the premium plan.

A comprehensive Grammarly review for Business

My experience with Grammarly Business has been phenomenal so far. I feel two eyes going through the text, one is mine and other one for correction. I never ever miss any of my documents going through Grammarly before every submission. That's how I believe in the software.

Pros

I need to write hundreds of articles in month and I liked the way it fetches out even the minor corrections in the text.

Cons

There should be more options available for the free version to improve the lucidity of the written piece as not everyone can afford it.

Power Prose to you!

Overall it's about the simplest software ever. The learn curing is literally zero. You can turn it on now and be using it in 2 minutes. It's so straightforward and easy to use with a great user interface.

Pros

Super easy to use. It's a simple chrome extension. Log in once, associate email address/MS or G Docs account and you are business. When ripping off loads of emails all day long, let alone writing blog posts, proposals, etc. the software does a great job of helping you avoid 99 percent of the mistakes one makes. It's great for catching those tricky english words that you may have misused. Great...

Cons

The software is definitely hyphen-happy (LOL). In the pro/business version this is less of an issue as the software will help you re-write your prose. I like that it "suggests" edits and you can choose to click and accept or click and ignore.

Grammarly, Proofread your Document.

My experience with Grammarly is quite perfect and I enjoy using it. It had made my life very easy.

Pros

To those whose English is not superficial, who normally make little or even big mistakes while writing anything in English either it is an email, any letter, or any blog, etc. so Grammarly is the right choice for them. I check all of my written documents using Grammarly before sending them to their destination. Grammarly helps to correct punctuation, it provides the ease to correct spelling, it also...

Cons

Grammarly is a worthy software and to think about the cons of it, is a difficult task, One thing that I observed in Grammarly that may be improved is sometimes it provides the suggestion to remove a word but when I remove that particular word so the meaning which I wanted to deliver through the statement I have written earlier now after the removal of that word the meaning has changed a little bit....

Used it for years! Wonderful for easily overlooked mistakes

Overall, I am satisfied with Grammarly experience so far and I highly recommend using Grammarly to other people and my colleagues. However, I would feel hesitant to recommend other people paid subscriptions. The subscription isn't so cheap and what Grammarly can advise on is limited. However, it makes my life and my work easier because I can review simple grammar mistakes really easily and do not have to get paranoid about making embarrassing mistakes.

Pros

I've been using Grammarly for years from my school paper writing university days to a paper-heavy full-time job. My full-time job requires me to produce lengthy project documents and review of writing products from legal bidding and contract to press release. I use Grammarly every time I need to get my documents, email, or any other words that I type on my computer. Grammarly isn't the same as having...

Cons

Grammarly isn't a human so its ability to read the meaning conveyed in writing is limited. Also, Grammarly does not understand the prompt or background of the paper so well for the same reason. Grammarly sometimes makes the wrong suggestion for grammar mistakes, so I still need to go over Grammarly's suggestion and think if it is relevant and correct. Even using Grammarly, I still need to make effort and spend time revising it.

Grammarly makes me look smarticle!

I am using Grammarly to type this review! I type in all my words, then click the little icon to find errors; it also offers suggestions to make my words clearer. I use Grammarly every day in Outlook (that service alone is worth every penny!). I use it several times a week in Word or online with the Chrome app. It even catches errors as I type in forms. I format documents, and often as a free service, I do a quick check for errors for my clients. Grammarly makes me look like a professional editor. I highly recommend it to anyone in the writing industry or who has a history of dumb mistakes while writing emails.

Pros

Using Grammarly is so very easy. It integrates seamlessly in Word. The Chrome app is handy - the ability to create and check a new document for grammatical errors can be done in a few seconds. Best of all is the Outlook integration. I can't count how many times Grammarly has saved me from looking stupid from dumb typos. Even the feedback is fun - if your text is without errors, it gives you a little pat on the back message.

Cons

Grammarly is a little on the expensive side, but it's worth every penny for me. If you only need the basic grammar and spelling checks, stick with the spell check options already included in your software (e.g., Word).

Perfect Proofreader

I am thrilled by the extended flexibility with Grammarly business and would admire its work most of the times. Sometimes, Grammarly detects the mistakes which never got revealed to my eyes even after seeing or revising for around 10 times. It is so wonderful and I highly recommend (By personal experience) to use this software if you are a beginner!

Pros

What do I say! How much should I appreciate! This Grammarly software has been my companion. And guess what? I am writing this review with the help of Grammarly assistant, right below. It keeps me on track while I keep on writing with all thoughts running in my mind, arranging them in place. I have been blogging from the past 6 months but I have been using the Grammarly Software from the past 2 years...

Cons

I like the least about Grammarly Business is that the free version has not benefit at all to a beginner who has just started his/her career in writing review, blog or website. One should have a firm and well-stitched grammatical knowledge to manage his/her writing with the free software.

Grammarly is the Reason I Passed English in Highschool

If you are someone who struggles with writing I highly suggest Grammarly as my first choice for spelling. I know for programs such as Google Docs, there may already be an implemented spell checker but I feel as though Grammarly does it much better. Not only does it correct mistakes but it explains why you made them. It can calculate your engagement and how well you deliver your writing. Grammarly can be installed in any browser and even your mobile device which comes in handy especially when you may have to text your boss about anything. My experience with Grammarly has been a pleasant one and I am proud to say that it has helped me both improve my grades and my writing skills.

Pros

Grammarly has been one of my favorite software I've downloaded onto my computer. As a student who has terrible writing skills and will often miss punctuation extremely easily on my papers, Grammarly will correct your mistakes almost instantly. Even writing this review, Grammarly has made it easier for me to write high-quality reviews for many different software while helping me practice my writing...

Cons

Although Grammarly mostly corrects every mistake you make, it does sometimes make mistakes itself. When it tries to correct a word, the corrected version may be grammatically correct, however, it may sound a bit off. If you don't have the Grammarly Premium then it won't give you different word choices but rather a simple corrected version of your original word. Also for whatever reason, certain websites...

Grammarly Business: Who Doesn't Need a Grammar Coach Editing Their Documents?

Since we have begun using Grammarly Business, everything we do looks better, sounds better, and we can trust that there will be no mistakes that get by us and onto the web. Definitely making our company more polished, more professional, and more precise.

Pros

We have all done it. Worked away for hours on a document or article for work and have read it re-read it looking for typos and making sure the grammar is correct before hitting send, and it looks perfect. So off it goes, and once you've hit that button, then you see it, hidden in the middle of your document you see teh instead of the. Or a sentence that runs on forever. But how is that possible? You...

Cons

Being in the marketing business, it's our job to make sure that our clients are presented in the best way possible. And writing an article to post on social media that is filled with typos and grammatical errors is definitely not something we want to do. So having the power Grammarly Business to make sure all of our work is flawless, is undoubtedly a pro and not a con.

Writing made TOO EASY

This is probably one of the most powerful contemporary tools for business and daily usage. Despite that, it should be noted that privacy can't be really guaranteed. Even if it's stated on their documents/website. I know many companies that don't take risk of having their confidential information leaked. But it really depends on what kind of company yours is. Having an SME with no sensitive data in particular (at least of a person who's using the tool) shouldn't cause harm. Lastly, it all falls down to your companies risk management policies. Some wouldn't mind using the tool, some would make an in-depth analysis and some wouldn't take the risk. But for personal use - I can't imagine living with out it.

Pros

- I really love how easy it is to make grammatically correct sentences with Grammarly! (Spoiler alert, even now the browser extension is making me look smart!) - It also has a browser extension that helps you type correctly anywhere on the web. - The plagiarism function is really helpful, especially when you need to evaluate some articles. - Sometimes the tone detector is helpful when you're writing an article as it shows how AI understands the tone of your text. When working with SEO, this comes in handy when you want to make sure that you're staying align with your text. - Especially useful when writing emails. - Probably a must for not foreign English speakers.

Cons

- The main and the biggest concern about the software is its data security. Everything that is being written is scanned and evaluated to make edit suggestions. At the company where I used this tool, we eventually stopped to do so when our IT team declared privacy issues with Grammarly. Now, I'm not an expert on this, but according to them, the Grammarly Chrome extension is always running, when you open up Google Docs for example. If there's a piece of confidential information on it - it will be seen by the tool (even when the option to "make a suggestion for docs" is on). This fear was enough for us to stop using it.

Extremly helpful in business - you need to have Grammarly

I have been using Grammarly for over 2 years and it saved me several times from making embarrassing grammar mistakes in my business emails. By using it, I am more confident in my business communications and I am saving a lot of time by not needing to spell check my writing. Overall it helped me improve my writing and English language skills since it is not my native language. Grammarly is perfect for business and school too, I can only recommend it, plus it's free and super easy to install!

Pros

I originally downloaded Grammarly because English is my second language and it seemed like a great tool to help me with my business emails - after using it for over 2 years, I can share, it is much more than that! The most important thing I like about Grammarly is that it's super easy to use and it seamlessly fits into your writing routine. Just download the extension (they offer it for Google Chrome,...

Cons

When Grammarly is active, it has a little green circle in the lower right corner of the typing area, and sometimes that green icon gets in the way to see the full text or if you need to click there.

Do not mistakes when you are writing in the English Language...use Grammarly.

In a general manner, it helps me every day, when I need to write e-mails to all companies I use to work for, once that I am sending proposals to get translations jobs all the time. I have no complaints about it and I thank for existing a free version of it. Note: If possible, I would like very much if it could exist using my language, so it can be used and applied in public and private schools here...

Pros

I use Grammarly, and it has helped me a lot to improve my writings in English since I send and receive a lot of correspondence in this language, in addition to also working with translations, a profession that I exercise since 2012. It is very easy to work with and I had done this for over two years, and I have greatly improved my writing in the English language. The only problem it has is that it manifests itself even when I am writing in my native language, Brazilian Portuguese, and it is evident that there it stays a little lost without knowing what to do. So, I have to put it to sleep even when I open my Facebook page.

Cons

I can not say that is something missing because it is perfect for me. There is a free version and a more complete version, but I only use the first one because I don't have so many problems and I don't need to pay for the improved version, because some small mistakes when writing in a language other than our native are always forgiven.

A Writer's Friend

Grammarly was my first "advanced" spelling and grammar checker, and I checked out the Windows app and Chrome plugin. The latter is what I would use the most. I started with the free version initially but thought that it wasn't useful because it was my stylistic choices and not spelling that needed the occasional boost. I used the paid version for two years and it was absolutely helpful to check writing,...

Pros

Grammarly locates errors such as double or misused words and improper punctuation that browser or word processor spellchecker would miss. The advanced suggestions for style can help improve writing.

Cons

When viewing Grammarly full-screen via the Chrome plugin, it would sometimes struggle to display text or suggestions in the correct place. It lost its place frequently enough for this to be frustrating but not so much that I could guarantee it would be an issue. If you want to use Grammarly with WordPress, you need to replace Gutenberg, but this is not a fault of Grammarly.

Win the life with Grammarly Business

My overall experience with the Grammarly business is important If there is a person who uses the internet or computers every one must be installed and work with this software. because nowadays it is difficult to do my studies without this software properly. Just go and enjoy this friendly and amazing software my friends.

Pros

Ok my, all dearest friends, This is the happy time for all of my friends, Thanks for reading me, It is not a wasted time for you ever my friends, I am going to talk about the one of greatest software now. This is really true, true, true my friends. The software name is Grammarly business. What is that??? Actually this is the software that corrects the grammar and spelling on your whatever...

Cons

There are least points also. What are they, my friends?? Most of the peoples don't know about this software, this is the No 1 problem, then the company should have a good promoting campaign. Then nowadays there starting that one. it is really happy. Because all benefits going to the peoples. Rather than It is no problems.

Makes my Life Easier and My Content Precise!

Grammarly is a great tool for grammar and language correction available in the market today. It makes your language precise and accurate. It not just corrects your grammar but also suggest smart alternatives for the words used in the text. Perfect for email editing and content correction.

Pros

Grammarly is certainly the God of all grammar correction apps and tools available in the market today. It checks grammar and suggest relevant and better alternatives for word selection to make your language precise and more beautiful. As a content creator, grammarly has become a part of my daily routine. I feel paralysed without grammarly. Grammarly extension can be added to chrome which makes it extensible...

Cons

Well there aren't many cons about grammarly. However, I have noticed the slight problems which are: 1. At times it suggest incorrect or irrelevant alternatives for prepositions or words used. 2. When a keyword is repeated in the text, grammarly keeps suggesting the replacement of it which is not required. 3. It doesn't work with Microsoft Office Word. 4. For full features you have to upgrade to premium version which isn't cheap but worth it.

Drastically Improves Your Writing

I consider myself a good speller, and I do fairly well with grammar as well, despite the fact that I can't stand the English language (even though I am 100% American) and all of its intricasies. Even an English major can't keep up with English, nor get everything right - I know. Grammarly has literally changed everything, especially for someone like myself who prefers to always write things as concisely and clearly as possible to avoid misunderstandings. Grammarly checks every single thing that comes from my keyboard, and makes sure I don't come off looking like a fool. More than that, the app is always looking for more concise ways to say things, which is always a plus for me. I can't say enough good things about this program, although I wish they would get real about their pricing!

Pros

Grammarly Business has improved my entire teams ability to communicate, and so much more. The "business" part just groups multiple users as a team for organization and billing, so the product itself is the real diamond. Even the best writer or English major could benefit from Grammarly, and it doesn't just fix grammar issues! I really love how grammarly checks pretty much everything about what you are writing, from spelling, to sentence structure, grammar and more. My favorite feature is probably its ability to suggest different ways of saying the same thing, most of the time in a shorter form AND more clearly. Also, it integrates with everything you would normally type into, from Office to your web browser, email, they even have a keyboard for your phones!

Cons

My biggest, and really my only, con about this software is its price. The free version is nice and good for some, but to get the good stuff you HAVE to go premium, which isn't cheap.

Improved my writings

I write many articles on technology. Being a non-native English speaker, I found it sometimes confusing to write some English phrases. Grammarly had helped a lot in this area. It corrects me every time whenever I commit any mistake while writing. By using Grammarly, I have created many great piece of content which are appreciated by a lot of people including the clients.

Pros

I love Grammarly. The best thing about Grammarly is that it can easily find any mistakes in your writing related to Grammar, tense, etc. It is undoubtedly the best and the most reliable writing assistant available in the market. Writing an error-free and impactful English content is very important if you're writing a business content. Generating perfect material for your potential customers is essential....

Cons

Sometimes, Grammarly also suggests edits were wrong actually. I have experienced many times that my original text is correct and the edits recommended by the Grammarly makes no sense. Furthermore, I would like to suggest that people improve your algo to detecting the mistakes related to punctuations.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.