All categories

Product roadmap & timeline tool for PowerPoint presentations

visit website

Office Timeline Reviews

Read the full review
Love the integration with PowerPoint. New Timeline Wizard is nice and saves time in creating schedule.

Kurt K.

Read the full review
Good plugin within Powerpoint to create stunning timeplans.

Simisara J.

Read the full review

Cons

Currently their office hours for support are limited which, in the event you need assistance and working on a project that night or weekend you are forced to wait.

Michele P.

Rick B.

Read the full review
Recently stopped working all together and they hammer you with ads.

Andrew D.

4.6

Making Timelines of Important data has never been this easy! A few clicks, population, done!

The software made it so much easier to present detailed, informative, and engaging Timelines to customers, as well as to other stakeholders in the projects in which I am involved. It allowed me to pull the audience into the detail without risking boredom. The number of themes available for different types of timelines, as well as the small details that can be customised right out of the box are really great.

Pros

The software being integrated directly with Microsoft PowerPoint makes life so much easier as it adds your timeline directly to a slide you're using. The timeline is made up of shapes and objects commonly available in MS PowerPoint, but there is a lot of intelligence built into it. The object created is not static, but can be edited to change details afterwards by using the simple User Interface provided. The Interface follows the design of PowerPoint and almost seems to be a standard part of the package. Really great software for any level of user.

Cons

The software does not create a grouped object on your slide, but a huge quantity of loose objects. If you move an object around, it will move, unless you edit your timeline through the UI. Whilst this is a nice feature to allow for unique customisation, it adds an element of complexity that not all users will appreciate. (The only reason Ease of Use loses a star.)

Hi, Rick! Thank you for reviewing Office Timeline! It¿s great to hear that you are overall pleased with the add-in¿s performance and output. When manually changing the elements of your timeline, please click the Accept button on the Office Timeline ribbon. The add-in can handle a variety of custom changes, but there are some that it doesn't support. When clicking Accept, the manual edits that are...

Valuable time-saving tool

This is a great piece of software that has saved me a boatload of time. I create project slides frequently and have been doing so for the past several years. They are primarily used for recurring reviews with my managers. In each review I needed to update the original slide as dates and progress on my project inevitably change month over month. This process was brittle, fiddly, time consuming and...

Pros

1. Integrates natively with PowerPoint and makes very nice looking Gantt charts and timelines. 2. I can import existing data from Excel or Microsoft Project and it instantly turns them into nice slides; I can synchronize these slides when my Excel or mpp data changes. 3. The slides it makes are native PowerPoint slides so they are easy to put into presentations, share with clients and managers and easy to edit. They are familiar for everyone else which is good.

Cons

1. Would really like to see more Project Management types of services, like resource tracking and budgeting. 2. Would like to see an adjacent online service for storing and managing my slides and any templates I build.

Good plugin within Powerpoint to create stunning timeplans

Easy integration with Powerpoint makes it easy to convert to any format as needed and exported.

Pros

Easy to create time-plans and Gantt charts for project management. Can be edited and customised quickly. Ready made templates are available.

Cons

The product offers fixed time splitting - in case the splits could be more controllable by user, would have added to the feature as sprints can be either a one week or two week deliverable which is based on tasks.

Hi, Simisara! Thank you for using Office Timeline and for taking the time to review it. We're happy to learn that you consider the add-in to be a quality, well-integrated project management tool that allows you to easily create and customize timelines and Gantt charts with which you are pleased. With regards to a more varied timescale segmentation, I'm excited to inform you that our dev team is working on providing users with more control over that aspect. Although I don't have an exact release date for it, any new functionality or enhancement added is announced through notifications. So please make sure you update your app when notified so you can enjoy its latest improvements. Best wishes, Sebastian Stingu - Head of Marketing

The tool is very good facilitates the creation of Gantt graphics

Pros

I found this software in its free trial version when we studied the Gantt charts for the organization and management of projects, I was looking for a tool that will facilitate the design and allow me to assemble the graphic in an easy and understandable way for the rest of my colleagues, What I liked about the application was that it works directly with PowerPoint and it includes templates that make it much faster to prepare them.

Cons

Account only with versions for computers would be good to implement an online version and existing versions are more compatible with each other.

Thank you, Jose, for your review of Office Timeline! We¿re glad to hear that the tool has helped you create Gantt charts that are easily understandable for your audience. It is with great pleasure that I inform you there is a web-based version of this application called Pincello, which allows you to create timelines right from your browser. To learn more about the free online version of Office Timeline, please visit this link: https://www.officetimeline.com/pincello Best wishes, Sebastian Stingu ¿ Head of Marketing

Office Timeline

Pros

Creates timelines easily in PowerPoint, Excel, and Microsoft project. Make your designs truly your own with the customization options. Creates timelines that are specific to the minute.

Cons

Sometimes images don't want to stay in place. Luckily this isn't something that happens on a regular basis, but unfortunately when it does happen it's annoying.

Thank you for purchasing Office Timeline and for reviewing the tool so kindly, Tonya! We are happy to learn that the add-in enables you to easily create customized, data-specific timelines. We strive to perfect the user experience and further develop the app by regularly adding new features and improvements. So please make sure you always update it when notified so you can enjoy its latest enhancements. Best wishes, Sebastian Stingu Head of Marketing

I used this software for presentations and projects at the Uni.

To manage daily / weekly schedules and projects.

Pros

It's an easy tool to manage tasks and overlook current project developments and timelines. It helped me to create weekly schedules concerning my projects in the university.

Cons

The design could be more modern and more interactive. It's easy to use but there are improvements that could make it look more professional and modern.

Hi, Antonis! Thank you for using Office Timeline and taking the time to review the tool. It's great to know that you consider the add-in easy to use and that it has helped you with your presentations. We strive to develop the app on a regular basis, so please make sure to update it whenever notified so you don't miss out on its latest improvements and enhancements. Best wishes, Sebastian Stingu - Head of Marketing

Great for presenting time lines in PowerPoint

Pros

This does one thing, but does it well. It will create a timeline with milestones and tasks as a slide in PPT. It uses Excel for easy data entry/editing and allows a variety of styles. I've been surprised how many uses I've found for it - normally communicating process for a project. The results have gotten consistent positive comments - and it doesn't take much time.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve, but it's worth it. Use their videos and tutorials, the time is well spent.

Hi there! Thank you for being an Office Timeline customer and for taking the time to review the add-in. We're delighted that you are pleased with the tool's functionalities and that it helps you quickly create timelines that have received good feedback. In terms of import options, Office Timeline also integrates with MS Project and Smartsheet. If you require further assistance with the app's features, please don't hesitate to contact us at feedback[at]officetimeline.com our support representatives will be glad to help you. Best wishes, Sebastian Stingu Head of Marketing

An essential tool in my project toolkit

Very cool software. Quickly makes PowerPoint Gantt chart slides that look really good. Replaces creating timelines in Viso (painfully time consuming) or snipping MS Project Gantts (painfully ugly and complex). The PowerPoint slides are native, so anyone who has PowerPoint can use them, edit them or share them which means my project slides are consumed and used by other around the Office. It does a good job laying out tasks and milestones on a single slide, with some automation that optimizes spacing and crowding. It also has some pretty slick integration with Excel and MS Project that allows me to link to my existing data and to synch the slide when that data changes.

Pros

It plugs right into to PowerPoint. I use PowerPoint a lot, so do my clients and colleagues. Managing my project slides right inside PowerPoint is really nice and they are very easy to share out. Also, I have to report project updates on a recurring basis and use the synchronization feature. Before each meeting I simply open the previous slide deck, find the timeline slide I am reporting on, click the synchronization button and instantly my PowerPoint chart is updated with any changes that have occurred over the previous month.

Cons

Office Timeline creates effective timelines for PowerPoint presentations.

Pros

Office Timeline creates effective timelines for PowerPoint presentations. The ease of use to create professional timelines using office timelines is cost-effective and simple. The free version will have you hooked and the plus version is well worth the cost.

Cons

Updates to Office Timeline could be better scheduled and less time consuming. Product is well worth the minor inconvenience.

Hi, Mellissa! Thank you for purchasing Office Timeline and for taking the time to review the tool. We're thrilled to know that the add-in is helping you create effective presentations, and that you are pleased with its usability and output. Although the add-in's performance may prove "buggy" after a major update, we do strive to improve it on a regular basis so that our customers can enjoy an enhanced user experience. It's great that you find the app to be a product worth having - we appreciate your feedback! Best wishes, Sebastian Stingu - Head of Marketing

Really nice timeline software

We like it here to show project shedule, the people who use it the most really love it.

Pros

When you need to show the timeline of a project, this software deliver and really nicely, a lot of people find it easy to use :)

Cons

nothing for us, it's not a time consumming support element, easy to install, the cost is just great, interface is simple.

Hi, Brian! Thank you for purchasing Office Timeline and for your kind feedback on the tool's performance, usability and output. It's great that the add-in helps you easily create project timelines you are pleased with. Best wishes, Sebastian Stingu - Head of Marketing

At-a-glance view of company milestones with easy-to-use PowerPoint add-in

Able to construct beautiful timelines without graphic designer expertise.

Pros

I stumbled upon this add-in while searching for professional ways to present historical data over several decades. The free trial worked like a charm, especially if you don't want to waste time constructing Gantt charts and importing data from Excel. It can also be used to add pizzazz to those tedious project timelines and save on the need to get project management software if you are a startup on a budget.

Cons

Not much, really. I would value more customer support to deal with questions after the fact, like removing unnecessary information after the fact.

Hi, Zeena! Thank you for using and reviewing Office Timeline! We¿re glad to hear you find the add-in easy to use and that it has helped you create professional-looking timelines quickly and efficiently. To find out more about how to use the free edition of our tool, please watch the short tutorial below https://www.officetimeline.com/videos/quick-start-free Alternatively, if you need further assistance, you can always contact our support team at support[at]officetimeline.com. Our specialists will be happy to help. Best wishes

I used this as a student in order to create GANTT charts.

Pros

Overall, the software is easy to understand and straightforward. The timeline for the GANTT chart is laid out in a clear manner.

Cons

There could be more customer support and assistance as well as advice as you are using the software in order to provide tips to improve utility.

Hi, Kelly! Thank you for using and reviewing Office Timeline. We¿re glad to know that you find the add-in intuitive and straightforward when creating Gantt charts. To make the best out of the tool¿s features, please see our support articles and step-by-step video tutorials at the links below: ¿ Support articles: https://support.officetimeline.com/hc/en-us ¿ Video tutorials: https://www.officetimeline.com/videos Best wishes, Sebastian Stingu ¿ Head of Marketing

Excellent Gantt charts for presentations

It took my project data from Microsoft Project and turned it into a summary Gantt chart PowerPoint slide that looked really simple and professional. Saved me an hour of time because I usually make my own summary charts for team reviews.

Pros

Super easy to use. Built into PowerPoint so it creates nice PowerPoint slides.

Cons

It didn't have dependencies.

Office Timeline Review

Pros

Office Timeline is perfect for your individual projects or group projects. You have the option to import data into a timeline template which in return you will have a great visual aid to showcase your project statuses.

Cons

Hi, Michele! Thank you for using Office Timeline and for taking the time to review the product. We're thrilled to hear that you find the add-in to be a reliable tool for managing projects and that you are pleased with its functionalities and output. It is true that our office hours for support are limited and that some queries don't get addressed immediately. If you require assistance with any of the app's functionalities outside our office hours, you might find your answer by browsing through our support articles available at the following link: https://support.officetimeline.com/hc/en-us Best wishes, Sebastian Stingu - Head of Marketing

Clunky and not up to date

Project slides.

Pros

Good looking Slides once you have found a work around for their clunky software.

Cons

Most of the fuctionality does not work correctly, updating a linked MS Project never worked. Had to upload multiple times to get a good looking reports. Recently stopped working all together and they hammer you with ads. Super annoying!

Hi there! Thank you for having used Office Timeline and for your feedback. We're happy to know that the tool helped you create good-looking slides. We aim to constantly develop the app and we regularly add new features and enhancements so that the optimal user experience is ensured. Therefore, I can say with confidence that the current interface has been considerably improved since the moment you...

Love this for our Projects

We have been able craft several plans to hand out to our clients so they no what to expect at a high level

Pros

It is so simple to put together a gantt chart, sprint plan or overall project plan for our customers in an easily digestable format

Cons

Nothing yet this has been a great new tool for us

Thank you, Sean, for being an Office Timeline customer and for your kind review of the add-in! We are delighted to learn that you enjoy using the tool and that it has helped you easily create clear project plans for your clients. Best wishes, Sebastian Stingu - Head of Marketing

Fancy timelines to have an professional overview on projects

Less time spent on building timelines with shapes on Word or Excel. Professional presentation.

Pros

It is really user friendly. Professional timelines are made in a few minutes with a few clicks. The presentation can be customize. Different colors are available so you can have a visual display of different tasks/steps of the projects.

Cons

It is not always easy to remove parts of the timeline that are not necessary. As soon as you do not get the same versioning as another user, he cannot modify the timeline.

What previously took me time to do in power point now is only a matter of time.

Pros

It is the perfect integration in Power point, and a perfect administrator of time, it helps to plan the development of the projects in terms of the outputs and evolution of the same

Cons

It gets a bit complicated in terms of downloading and updating, the users would value more customer support.

Thank you, Nakari, for choosing Office Timeline and for your kind review of the tool! It's great to hear that you find the add-in to be efficiently integrating with PowerPoint, and that it helps you plan the development and outcome of your projects in a time-efficient manner. If you require assistance or want to learn more about the app's functionalities, please contact us at feedback[at]officetimeline.com or check out our support center at the link below: https://support.officetimeline.com/hc/en-us Best wishes, Sebastian Stingu Head of Marketing

Quick, Easy and Fancy

Had some presentations to get ready and with Office Timeline everything was ready on time! Really happy with the decision of purchasing this piece of software.

Pros

Easy to use, good looking

Cons

Not available on Mac

Must have PowerPoint add in

I needed to quickly create a Gantt chart that I could use in my engagement planning document. The Office Timeline add in does just that. I found it to be quite intuitive and I was able to get the graphic I needed within 10 minutes of installing the software. At a later time, I needed to create a timeline using hours and minutes but that feature is not yet available. I've contacted their support line which was very responsive and assured me that I will be able to also use Office Timeline for hours and minutes timelines within Q1 2017, really looking forward to that. I am yet to test out their integration with MS Project and Excel but I feel I've got my money's worth already.

FANTASTIC PRODUCT FOR QUICK PROJECT SCHEDULES AND TIMELINES

This is a really helpful, easy to use tool and I love it! I highly recommend it for any projects where you have to share project schedule and timeline with others.

Pros

1. Can't beat the price. It's free. 2. Love the integration with PowerPoint 3. New Timeline Wizard is nice and saves time in creating schedule 4. Timelines look very professional 5. Easy to customize timelines 6. Great for showing project timelines to execs and customers

Cons

Not so good for very complex timelines or schedules but great for quick timelines/schedules of medium complexity.

Office Timeline used to easily produce IT project roadmaps

Office Timeline is a good tool to produce timelines & roadmaps very fast & integrate them into slides Part of the Office suite is clearly an advantage in terms of integration with other popular bureautic software such as Powerpoint, Excel, Word...

Pros

Good & attractive design in slides when generating roadmaps Various styles & colors may be applied Generic templates usable even in the Free trial version

Cons

Free trial options are a bit limited meaning one may rapidly need to buy a license in order to use extended models Sometimes too macroscopic views with not enough granularity in the way to represent graphics

Hi there! Thank you for having chosen Office Timeline and for taking the time to review the add-in. We're thrilled to know that the tool is helping you easily produce IT roadmaps, and that you're pleased with its interface and functionalities. Thank you for your feedback, we strive to constantly develop both versions so we can ensure the best user experience possible. Best wishes, Sebastian Stingu - Head of Marketing

Simple and straightforward

Really fast software & good functionality. Never let me down especially when I needed a presentation up and running in no time.

Pros

Fast, reliable

Cons

Could have a bit more tips and tricks. Easy to use but I have a lot of experience, could be harder if you're not tech savvy

Great tool to professionalize your projet presentation

Pros

Office Timeline is easy to use and give to the user all wishing functionality to create a efficient presentation. In small click, slides are greaters

Cons

Based on milestones and tasks, offie time line directly create the timeline in a pwp slide. Sometimes, you have to centralize or move a miletsones flag as it's not always fiting in 1 page

Great Experience!

For the money, this program is definitely worth it.

Pros

The tutorial once I downloaded the program was great! I was able to create a timeline within minutes of watching the video and following the steps.

Cons

I had some compatibility issues and it took a little while with support to get it fixed. The process was just a little longer than I would have liked.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.