Pages Logo

Pages

Productivity and word processing software

Pages Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.36/10

Reviews by rating

Apple knows how to win at producing great products that are beautiful and do a great job.
Collaboration on Pages is easy and fun, if you have other Apple tools and users - it's awesome.
It´s a great app of course it works best on iPhone, for the people with the Apple ecosystem will find this app very useful when when they try to write a doccument and also share with someone else.
Adding images requires a space drawing tool. They often go out of alignment as I drag and drop resources onto the pages.
This can result in making it more difficult to create documents with a lot of formatting.

Christian K.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Great Word Processing for Mac and iOS devices

I use Pages to create project and user documentation for software we have built or are building. I also have been using it outside of work for personal documents I need to create, collaborate on, or share.

Pros

Pages comes free on any Mac or iOS device and integrates seamlessly with iCloud, making it easy to get started and continued collaboration. No subscription like other big-name word processors.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve if you’re used to other big-name word processors, but any user using a Mac or iOS device should be able to pick it up pretty quickly if they’re used to the OS design language.

JU

Jay U.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

Pages is MS Word on steroids.

We use Pages daily for writing sophisticated video scripts as well as business proposals. It is so intuitive to use that you never feel yourself "fighting" the application to get anything accomplished. It is truly best in class among any of it's competition.

Pros

The layout, ease of use, and insert capabilities make Pages the best option for document creation, period. Also, special mention should be noted of how many customization options are included to fine tune to your work preferences.

Cons

Honestly there's not any qualities about Pages that I find troubling. It is by far the most flexible authoring software available.

KI

Kenyatta I.

Writing and Editing, 1-10 employees

Pages a friend for writers

Pros

I love using during my drafting and first writing. It's easy to keep track of word counts and changes.

Cons

Those that do not use Pages cannot open which poses a problem.

DB

Daniel B.

Great value

great. it just works. Apple knows how to win at producing great products that are beautiful and do a great job

Pros

Apple works...it looks good and does what it is supposed to do.

Cons

not sure. I'm pretty happy with what it delivers.

AW

Anna W.

Good program, but incompatible

I loved using it and the step of switching to google docs was hard for me in the beginning. I did get quite a few design ideas from the program though which I implemented in my google doc designs.

Pros

It certainly has a great variety of tools available. I first started using it, because I loved the simplicity of using the design ideas it offered. It was faster and 'cooler' plus simpler and more modern than word.

Cons

It's incompatibility with other similar programs. This was the very reason that as an organization we actually switched from Pages to Google Docs, because Pages was only available for anybody using a Mac which didn't make it that much of a practical tool especially in light of working in 3rd world countries where people don't have easy 'mac access'.

TC

Tom C.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

I Love Pages - Great Word Processor Alternative

Any time I go to write a script, list, or anything, I open Pages and never really think twice. It's a perfect word processor and I really urge anyone who's overpaying for word to check it out. Of course, if you don't have an Apple machine, you'll have to use a browser version, but with some experience there, I'd say that's serviceable as well.

Pros

Honestly, I love Pages. Obviously, market share goes to Microsoft Word, but I started using Pages when it went free when I was in University and I never went back. I use it any time I'm writing something for personal reasons, and I don't see why I'd ever change. It's completely free and has any feature you'd want.

Cons

There's really nothing to dislike about Pages. I've used it for over a decade and have never really had a complaint.

Cushi M.

E-Learning, self-employed

A powerful word processor with a focus on Design

Pages allows me to do everything from flushing out ideas, to delivering a polished, finished project. For example, if I want to create an e-book, with Pages, I can take rough notes, proofread and edit those notes, layout a page style and even design a cover.Pages also allows me to make presentations, write letters, draft ideas, take notes on interviews with clients and more.

Pros

I love that Pages provides a powerful word processor that is specifically aimed at creatives, like me. It bridges the gap between word processor and design software in a seamless way. It is as easy to create a professional letter as it is to create a beautiful flyer. It can even be used to lay out a website, create newsletters and much more.

Cons

What I like least about Pages is that it is integrated into Apple products. For the most part, I utilize and prefer Google apps like Drive, Sheets, etc although Pages is my preferred word processor over Google Docs.

César C.

Computer Hardware, 1-10 employees

The best alternative out there

In my opinion it is a great alternative to Microsoft Word, if you have Apple devices, it is the best option. A simple program, but well thought out. One of the best word processors on the market.

Pros

It's a great word processor, it's simple but intuitive, it has all the necessary tools and features for everyday use, and the interface is clean, minimalist, and easy to use. Integration with the entire Apple ecosystem is a great addition. The mobile versions are very well optimized, which helps a better adaptation. In conclusion, it is a great word processor.

Cons

It has very few weak points, perhaps it needs to optimize the web version of the program, but it is a simple program and very well thought out, it has enough and that is enough.

TA

Tanya A.

So much better than MS Word

Pros

I use pages to create inserts, handouts, flyers. It feels more intuitive than MS Word and overall is easier to use. It works really well for dividing a page into multiples and I like the tool bars. Exporting to pdf once complete is a breeze and it translates well.

Cons

Deleting pages in a document is sometimes tricky.

NC

Nathan C.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Really good alternative to Word

Pros

It’s really intuitive and easy to use, also already comes with the IOS so it’s super easy to use

Cons

Could have more templates and an option to use without downloading

BE

Brittany E.

Human Resources, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Easy to use, a must for students & others too.

Pages was great. I took notes in college and even wrote papers on it.

Pros

I love having all my Apple products. Pages is easy to use and has helpful hints along the way if you are stuck.

Cons

At first it was very difficult to get used to since I always used word.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Clean

My experience is wonderful, I used this app every day

Pros

It’s a very easy to use app. Like others word process apps this one is very clean and elegant, it has a lot of options and it’s powerful and light

Cons

I don’t like that is limit to an apple system, in this system is very light and optimized, but in others (windows…) is not. Right now is the only thing that I don’t like

Media Production, 51-200 employees

The best word processor

Pros

Considering that it is a free program at Apple, it really has enormous value. It has nothing to envy to Microsoft Word, on the contrary: compared to Microsoft's competitor, Pages is much lighter, documents open quickly and in general there is a much more agile use of the system. Also great for converting to PDF and for use on mobile devices such as Iphone or Ipad

Cons

It's a great program, I don't think it needs further improvement

JT

Jacob T.

Computer Software, self-employed

Writing made fun again

My overall experience with pages is a wonderful experience. I love the simplicity of the design the overall aesthetic how it looks nice and just simple however, it’s still a very powerful writing tool.

Pros

As a writer who is written stories on and off for a good portion of their life, I must say that pages was a big help and my creative process I like the collaboration tools that they were introduced within the last couple years, as well as the layout, the fonts, and the way that you can set up the tools inside of pages to your advantage for writing

Cons

I would say the only thing that I have to complain about with pages is the fact that when you’re writing a story, and then you bring the story down to the size to be printed in the book, the spacing is not always correct

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Better than Word - for some things

I love using it especially for a bit more graphically complex documents, such as an 8 page annual report on my company to investors. It does not reach the pro levels of a layout app such as Adobe's InDesign, but for my purposes those are mostly overkill and as I have a Mac and Pages comes free with the OS, it's not a difficult choice.

Pros

If you want to make a fancy looking PDF report or newsletter Pages does a way better job than MS Word. Especially when it comes to graphics, text and photos in multiple layers. Things just go where you put them and then stay there and its fantastically easy to use.

Cons

I have not really tried the collaborative features, mainly because most colleges and clients use MS Word, where these features are definitely robust (when writing a document that contains mainly text and needs input from others, I thus use MS Word more). Part of this issue is that Pages is only meaningfully available within Apple's walled garden (although you can use the online version at iCloud.com for free) so, collaboration will not work across many desks.

MI

Munema I.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

A good solution for writing on a Mac

Pros

Sometimes, I cannot wrap my head around the fact that a tool like Pages comes installed on Mac computers for free. In my opinion, it is a solid tool and can work well for writers of different levels. In particular, I like its clean and distraction-free interface, which makes it easy to only focus on the task at hand and nothing else. If you have used a writing tool before, then you are going to find...

Cons

One thing I sometimes struggle with and that makes my experience with Pages a little frustrating has to do with formatting. If you are creating a Pages document and want to add several images to it, you may be forced to spend quite some time organizing the content so that it is displayed in the way you want it to be presented in the document.

PG

Paul G.

Motion Pictures and Film, 1-10 employees

The best word processor

I love working with pages, the tight ecosystem integration helps our whole team to be more productive.

Pros

I'm using Pages daily and love the simple, yet versatile UI and the look of the final documents. You can focus on writing and still be sure that your output is good-looking, for larger documents you can directly export as the E-Paper compatible .epub-Format.

Cons

There are still some missing features compared to word (espacially the macro-system). If you work regulary with such advanced features, you won't be happy with Pages.

BF

Benjamin F.

Public Safety, self-employed

Pages is intuitive and allows me to get to writing.

Overall excellent, it would be my go-to document created, if not for poor integration.

Pros

Pages is simple and functional with most functions I need when I need them.

Cons

Pages does not integrate editing functions like Grammarly, PerfectIt, or Outwrite. It lacks the ability to add line numbers to documents (needed in depositions, dissertations, and scripting).

KM

Kassidy M.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Pages are the best for the ones that are on the go

still using it to this day and always will its one of the best I have ever used

Pros

its easy to use, and easy to understand, its just like using Microsoft word, and its very easy to share things from other programs to pages

Cons

some of the updates weren't that great, and there are a few bugs whenever an update comes out doesn't always tell you it needs an update till the last min

Aniruddha S.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1-10 employees

The closest software to Latex

It is too good for any person who is using mathematical symbols a lot and has a Mac. There is no need of using WORD on a Mac

Pros

The ease of typing mathematical symbols is just a breeze! It directlly incorporates latex and the selection of fonts is amazing.

Cons

Sometimes it does not open .docx format files in the correct layout

Raquel C.

Graphic Design, 51-200 employees

I love it, I always use it whenever I make a document.

Pros

This tool literally gives me life. It's great because, like everything Apple does, it's intuitive and simple. With a minimalist interface it leaves you with the essentials without losing functionality.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about her. In fact I have already left Microsoft Word behind.

KB

Karyn B.

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Layouts for All

Overall, I think Pages is a great program with a lot of features that allow people of all skill levels to create layouts with similar control as the big Design software.

Pros

As a professional Graphic Designer I often work with clients who have little to no experience with design software. I really like that I can set up a layout design for them and they can maintain it. It also has many of the functionality that is extremely useful such as leading, space before/after, and more. It also makes it really easy to be on the phone with a client and walk through how to achieve a particular thing.

Cons

Some of the features are not quite as intuitive as I would like. For example, when Pages adds a page to the document but there is nothing on it (not even a space) you have to hunt around for the right view and controls in order to remove that page. Also, importing an image, it doesn't import at the original size, you have to tell it to be that size. I would think it should be the other way around.

SB

Seth B.

Entertainment, self-employed

Paging you!

I love it! Apple rules!

Pros

I love Pages. It's so much easier to use than Word ever was, and it's very easy to put in tables and images.

Cons

It's not always compatible with non-Macs, so it's best to save everything as a PDF.

JM

Jojo M.

Higher Education, 501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Simple software and clean interface

Pros

I liked that it was a convenient tool which came with my MacBook. The software is simple and straightforward, helpful for the writing and editing process.

Cons

It'd be convenient if this software was more commonly found in PCs as well. I find myself exporting and sharing files to Word or G Docs if I need to continue editing externally or sharing with others.

JW

Joy W.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Pages Review

Pros

I love to use Pages for manipulating pictures and for making graphs and charts. I find that it is much easier than Microsoft Word for these two jobs.

Cons

Since Microsoft Word is more widely used, I use it for word processing documents and those that I plan to share with others. However, I often create my charts in Pages, and then transfer them to Word as picture files because it is so much easier to create charts in Pages.