Roadmunk Reviews

4.67/5 (39 reviews)

Steven Strange

Superb Roadmap Product - Huge

Reviewed 2019-10-23

We are currently publishing our 2020/2021 product roadmaps to the customer base and it was important to be able to use a tool that was effortless , functional and could produce professional looking roadmaps. I have gone through several iterations of the roadmap and RoadMunk cater for such amendments so well. I saved literally weeks worth of time. Overall it is a fantastic product and I will be using for a long time to come. A final note, the customer service and help sections are exceptionally good. You can tell a lot of effort went into the support capabilities of the product and it really shows.

Pros
The software is very easy to use in particular being able to create multiple views using the same data set. This is extremely helpful when trying to create an internal and external view of the roadmap. Secondly, the ability to move items around seamlessly is invaluable. I can switch an item between initiatives, extend the timeline or move it to later in the year in a matter of seconds. I used to use Visio or PPT to do this and I would spend significant time re-drawing and formatting the roadmap. I save so much time with Roadmunk. Finally I really like the presentation of the roadmap, it looks professional and sharp. The ability to republish and send clients and stakeholders a link, is very useful.

Cons
The performance of the application at time can be slow however not to the extent that it would put me off using it. I found the formatting to be a little challenging at first, I needed to copy some of the templates however after I learned how to do that, I was fine.

Matt Ferguson

Great for what I need - high-level prioritization and roadmapping

Reviewed 2019-10-22

Pros
I like that it is stupid-simple to use, and lets me do high-level prioritization. I needed a tool where I could look globally at all of our epic-level initiatives and move them around as needed to have prioritization and trade-off discussions with leadership.

Cons
At times it can be a bit slow...when I'm dragging things around quickly it can take a second or two to "catch up".

Rich Herrmann

Roadmunk Rocks

Reviewed 2019-10-22

Best customer support from any company I have ever encountered. Their overall Product Management culture is also exemplary. I use Roadmunk not only for their awesome product but as a benchmark every day for our client support and product teams!

Pros
Ability to use Roadmunk as feature prioritization tool (and getting better!) and then automatically create beautiful and functional visualizations from same Item list. Terrific for communal efforts and exec/customer presentations.

Cons
Lack of font support (without having to use markup language) for Item Descriptions... needs better formatting control. Lack of ability to “create JPG etc” of Item list. Need for presentations of product feature list. (CSV export not helpful for this, sorry!)

Lisa Hebert

Easy Roadmapping

Reviewed 2019-10-22

This tool achieves the ability for my team to be able to quickly update and manage the roadmap and create different views to address questions and needs of our company and clients. I really love this tool and all the options I have.

Pros
I love the ability to create roadmaps and views on the fly. I can update the data easily and create new views that address the needs of my business and help the teams I work with visualize the roadmap in different lenses. It's easy to use and the new sub-topic option is perfect for the types of complex products and feature sets we manage.

Cons
The only thing, which I hope is addressed in a future release, is the ability to view the sub-topics on the timeline view of the roadmaps in sub-lines that are linked instead of the current hover option. When printing and/or sharing, we need the ability to show those items on the timeline view in detail as well.

Joseph Fung

Best looking roadmaps in Sales and Board Meetings

Reviewed 2019-10-24

The team is very responsive to requests, they're quick to help us get the most out of the tool, and I'm always happy to refer them!

Pros
The export options cover *all* my bases. We embed views of our roadmaps in our board decks, in sales playbooks, and share them during internal meetings. Having all the options they have makes it *super* easy to manage a single roadmap and share different views with different stakeholders.

Cons
I wish it were easier to collect more end-user feedback, as that would help us eliminate other tools in our software stack.

Marcela Carneiro Lopes

Product Roadmap

Reviewed 2019-10-22

Pros
It is customizable and easy to use. We enjoy very much the exports options, like the URL export.

Cons
The date range is always changing. It could be better if we could setup the beginning and end date of all roadmaps by default. For example, the template should be the FY (april to march) and we must show 2 FY in every roadmap. But if a project started in 2015, when we change colors or filters the range gets back to 2015. Also, the reviewer plans should be more acessible.

William Anger, PMP, MBA

A great product for visual representation of complex timelines

Reviewed 2019-10-22

This product is perfect for showing complex timelines with multiple swimlanes, owners, and dependencies. it's also very easy to update thanks to the import export functionality.

Pros
The ability to show a timeline on a display for a presentation and work with it in real time.

Cons
It's difficult to train people on as the database backend isn't what people intuitively understand.

Tom Spelling

Great piece of kit.

Reviewed 2016-11-29

I trialled a number of roadmapping products before eventually selecting Roadmunk, most of the big names. I found that for my needs almost all of the competition were hellishly complicated - I didn't need the strategy/business case definition in there, I don't need a JIRA integration, and I'm not managing hundreds of roadmaps. I was able to very quickly get up and running with Roadmunk and in a very short period of time got to what I needed - a view of the future which I could present to the Board to get sign off on the roadmap. I've since started using it for more than that - i plan in our architectural/platform roadmap, I use it to work out which of my team to assign to products, and so on. It's really powerful. My one qualm with the product is that the bulk of the dev/new features seems (understandably) to go on stuff for large customers, and isn't always relevant for my needs. But as I say, the product as it stands helps me a lot. Noah & the team have been super helpful whenever I've needed anything, too.

Pros
It's incredibly easy to use, and because it's a well thought out product, it is flexible enough to most or all of my roadmapping needs.

Cons
Can be difficult to use in presentations without a lot of work on the colouring.

Jay Jump

Simplicity & Flexibility

Reviewed 2016-11-21

Roadmunk is the easiest and most flexible tool for creating visually compelling roadmaps. I have used them with technical teams, business teams, and executives - each audience needs a slightly different view and Roadmunk makes it easy to tell your story across those audiences.

Pros
The flexibility - being able to pivot into different views without recreating the roadmap is a lifesaver. This allows you to speak to your audience's needs and get buy in. Also, the tool is easy to update and incorporate feedback. Another big plus is shareability - my stakeholders have a link to the roadmap in their inbox before the meeting is over thanks to Roadmunk.

Cons
I would love to see a stripped down mobile view that could be used to reference information on the fly.

Anonymous

Roadmunk is the ultimate way to organize and share your roadmaps

Reviewed 2018-06-05

The ability to take my roadmaps out of Google Docs, OmniGraffle, or Sketch and turn them into something that I could maintain and share makes everyone happy, especially the teams making decisions based on the roadmap.

Pros
The flexibility! There are so many ways to configure your roadmaps and provide different views of the data for different stakeholders. The ability to combine Roadmunk with Jira has been very helpful for my team. The roadmaps just look great. I received a lot of help from the staff when asking questions and they even offered a training session.

Cons
While it does roadmaps very well, I would more comfortable with a lower price point and potentially different options for user levels. I've been stumped by the user interface a few times and have found that it is NOT infinitely flexible. I think it is deceptively restrictive - it looks like you can do anything, but you can only do a lot. Like many SaaS apps, the sales funnel was very automated and I received an abundance of emails.

Bryan Higginbotham

Solid Product, expensive for whole team access

Reviewed 2019-10-22

Positive experience, its a solid product. I will continue to use it for my single user but it could definitely be doing more for my organization.

Pros
Easy to create new items Quick changes to timelines Nice visuals for roadmapping CSV Import and Export is nice

Cons
Update more than one row for a start/end time Cost is a big reason we haven't been using it more for investor presentations JIRA integration wasn't seamless when I tried it.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Yannick Jolliet

FINALLY! THE roadmap product I have looking for, since years...

Reviewed 2016-11-14

Honestly, after decade of Project Management and multiple PM + Gantt charts software, even having tried PowerPoint & Excel "high-level roadmap graphs"... NOTHING ever was really working... gantt have typically bad design... PowerPOint or Excel can create nice design, but there is no data behind it... no automation, no easy update... And when it comes to Product Roadmap... usually same problem, but hopefully some people GOT IT there, and designed NICE LOOKING & "sexy" charts/roadmaps... but too often there are totally disconnected from data and can not be updated easily... just pure design... So, long story short: after months of intensive research, I FINALLY found RoadMunk!! The nirvana for me: I could design & present super SEXY Roadmaps... AND construct them based on data, allowing me to pivot dimensions easily and show subset of the roadmap. Sexy AND Powerful! The unique feature of RoadMunk? The MATRIX view of the data, in addition to the Roadmap view... Fantastic, could not live anymore without it. Honestly, I searched hard... there nothing better there for representing nice-looking and adaptable high-level Roadmaps! Highly recommended

Pros
NICE LOOKING & "sexy" charts/roadmaps AND based on data allows to pivot dimensions easily and to show subset of the roadmap. Unique feature of RoadMunk: the MATRIX view of the data, in addition to the Roadmap view...

Cons
no direct integration with backend data (Excel, google sheet, Jiira)

Brent Johnson

An easy to use, and flexible roadmapping software.

Reviewed 2019-04-22

We have several different roles wanting to know where different projects/initiatives are at. Roadmunk gives the power to the product team to create a view of the roadmap for everyone. From swimlanes to gantt chart style roadmaps - it's great!

Pros
You can create many different "views" of your roadmap tailored for different audiences (C-level, developers, department managers, etc.) so they see what is relevant and important.

Cons
I wish it had a feature intake/request aspect to it, but it doesn't currently.

Raya Zachs

Great software

Reviewed 2019-10-22

Overall the experience is very positive, very good and fast feedback from the support, even though I have an issue to get some exact dates (or at least quarters) on when certain features get released.

Pros
It's really easy to use the software, I didn't even need training, I could figure it all by myself.

Cons
I find the software to be buggy, as well as I find the performance deteriorates when there is a lot of data.

Anonymous

Basic functionality, but gets the job done

Reviewed 2018-12-18

Cheaper than some more popular solutions, and gets the job done.

Pros
It's very customizable, and I like how one set of "items" can be broken up into seemingly unlimited views for different use cases.

Cons
The website is VERY slow. We use this as a presentation tool in some roadmap meetings and there is always an awkward delay. I also don't like that it logs me out so often.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Kamil Rejent

Very cool tool for planning a big pictire

Reviewed 2018-01-18

I get a big picture of what is going on in the company, and I can communicate the big picture to our team.

Pros
I like how I can plan my team initiatives and present them easily in different views, different dimensions.

Cons
Some technical stuff, like the fact that it need to reload everytime you make a change. I am also missing dependencies a lot in that.

Mike Packard

Great and Easy to Use Product!

Reviewed 2019-03-22

Great experience! Would recommend and have recommended to colleagues.

Pros
This software allows you to very easily track deliverables future and current. I would recommend this product to anyone that manages a large program.

Cons
Two factor authentication should be an easily configured item on this tool to protect the data.

Eric Rogness

Everyone's on the same page

Reviewed 2017-01-26

As our company was growing, a lot of the stuff that had been communicated implicitly wasn't getting shared with the team, and it was harder to become aligned. Using Roadmunk helped everyone on the team to have visibility into our upcoming priorities, and give input on them. It's really helped us to knock down the silos.

Pros
The visibility and shareability are key. For the technical and marketing etc teams to just make their project management software open to the rest of the team sounded great, but it gave zero understanding, as it gets too far into the weeds to be useful. Being able to simply layout the high level course and share it around was a huge asset.

Cons
All the software in this vertical is fairly expensive on a per user basis, but in the end, anything less expensive lacked the individual focus on roadmapping.

Chrystie Kallis

Feedback from

Reviewed 2019-10-22

Pros
Intuitive Visually pleasing Easy to teach

Cons
Formatting - it is hard to see the label title on your timeline view. I wish there was a way to wrap text so you can see the entire label It also is a little clunky how it lines up on the swimlane view and overlapping tasks are on different lines, but then later tasks can be on a previous line In swimlane view, I wish a label could straddle over a couple of quarters or buckets vs having to select if you want it in the month it is ending or beginning

Stephanie Rohrer

Brilliant road-mapping tool

Reviewed 2017-02-07

I had to organise an internal conference with approx. 300 participants. The planning started at the beginning of the year, whilst the conference only took place at the end of the year. The core team for this project consisted of more than ten people, who had to manage over a hundred work streams. Roadmunk was the perfect tool to keep track of all the little details and the overview. The tool was very easy to work with and helped a lot to keep this project on track. I can highly recommend it to anybody who has to plan a project, may it be small or large.

Pros
- Easy to use - Great overview - Customisation - Interlinking of timeline overviews

Cons
- Alerts? - I would need to be able to print the timeline on a A3 format

Justin Horning

Clarity for everyone!

Reviewed 2019-10-22

Easy to use and valuable. Like to use it, but it would be nice to see some different templates.

Pros
I love that I can share online versions of my roadmaps, and that they come out looking super organized and clean.

Cons
Not all roadmaps are linear. I'd love to see the ability to build cycles in different structures (maybe similar to smart art)

Filip Niwecki Adler

A nice timeline, but not great

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-05-24

Pros
It's not easy to use, seems easy but isn't, a good part is that it looks nice to put it on a business plan or whatever

Cons
Well as said the software is not easy to use, and offer one feature, timeline, oh and also something similar to kanban view but not really kanban

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Michelle Da Cunha

Roadmunk review

Reviewed 2019-10-22

Enjoy it for creating roadmaps

Pros
Display of timelines and milestones is easy to view and share

Cons
Sometimes takes long to load once you have made updates

anuj chaman

A great way to visualize your companies long term strategy

Reviewed 2019-10-22

visualize and align the business on a single long term strategic roadmap that involves a lot of crossfuntional project owners

Pros
1. UX is well done 2. customize views

Cons
1. be able to copy and paste timeline items so that I don't need recreate them (especially useful for when I have very similar timeline items that need minor tweaks after copying them).

Ankur Saxena

Simple, easy and a well thought product

Reviewed 2018-01-09

Pros
1. Easy to build roadmaps 2. Excellent support team, they get back with answers in almost real time 3. I like the different views

Cons
1. There are some big caching issues, especially while publishing as URL or when trying to create sub-projects 2. Certain things such as Activity feed should be added as standard