Roadmunk Reviews

Pros

Good quality UI/UX, simple yet very effective and powerful sharing methods and absolutely worth the investment of time and money.

Sushant M.

Summet G.

Amy L.

Cons

The visual is bad, the way we link the two task together is weird. I would like to be able to display Sub-task on the chart.

Julie L.

Could have a copy paste opiton or we could type the dates instead of selecting it from the calendar. When you are working on a yearly roadmap, it's painful.

Julie L.

We are missing possibility for reviewer (customer) to add items. E customer has their own roadmap, they cant add possible items for us to work with together and to include in Roadmunk roadmap.

Sebastian B.

4.5

A great product for visual representation of complex timelines

This product is perfect for showing complex timelines with multiple swimlanes, owners, and dependencies. it's also very easy to update thanks to the import export functionality.

Pros

The ability to show a timeline on a display for a presentation and work with it in real time.

Cons

It's difficult to train people on as the database backend isn't what people intuitively understand.

I love It!

Overall fantastic. Folks on chat are always nice and helpful. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is excellent and always helps us.

Pros

I love love love how simple it. If you have a team that shys away from Agile because the act of doing Agile practices is cumbersome, this is the answer of the tool you want to invest in. Your team can easily add, move and remove items without it being a chore. Further, no need to manually add or duplicate individual views onto a team view. This was HUGE for us. I set up my team board master views to automatically pull from folk's individual boards and I can see everything in one place. No more Jira, no more excel sheets or Version One. Everything is intuitive and allows us to put more focus on the work rather than doing time consuming tracking.

Cons

Just a few minor tweaks: 1) Always have a warning message to double check if someone wants to actually delete items. Especially if it's an item that is sourced in a Master RM view. 2) Would love if there was a better way to show Completed items, without deleting them, but also not having them stretch the Swimlane view. As I continue to move things to Completed, they stretched the view making it harder...

Easy to use, but very slow

Easy to use, but overall we were not able to use this as our sole roadmap solution.

Pros

It's easy to add items and drag/drop items to adjust timelines on roadmaps. Creating different views from the same list of items is a time saver.

Cons

It's not easy to customize the look of each view, or the columns/headers and sub-headers. Adding items to a view are sometimes immediately filtered out, so you have to hunt the items down and update them to meet the filter criteria so they appear on your roadmap. The software itself if slow to load and almost impossible to edit while sharing your screen in a meeting.

Superb Roadmap Product - Huge

We are currently publishing our 2020/2021 product roadmaps to the customer base and it was important to be able to use a tool that was effortless , functional and could produce professional looking roadmaps. I have gone through several iterations of the roadmap and RoadMunk cater for such amendments so well. I saved literally weeks worth of time. Overall it is a fantastic product and I will be using for a long time to come. A final note, the customer service and help sections are exceptionally good. You can tell a lot of effort went into the support capabilities of the product and it really shows.

Pros

The software is very easy to use in particular being able to create multiple views using the same data set. This is extremely helpful when trying to create an internal and external view of the roadmap. Secondly, the ability to move items around seamlessly is invaluable. I can switch an item between initiatives, extend the timeline or move it to later in the year in a matter of seconds. I used to use Visio or PPT to do this and I would spend significant time re-drawing and formatting the roadmap. I save so much time with Roadmunk. Finally I really like the presentation of the roadmap, it looks professional and sharp. The ability to republish and send clients and stakeholders a link, is very useful.

Cons

The performance of the application at time can be slow however not to the extent that it would put me off using it. I found the formatting to be a little challenging at first, I needed to copy some of the templates however after I learned how to do that, I was fine.

Great for what I need - high-level prioritization and roadmapping

Pros

I like that it is stupid-simple to use, and lets me do high-level prioritization. I needed a tool where I could look globally at all of our epic-level initiatives and move them around as needed to have prioritization and trade-off discussions with leadership.

Cons

At times it can be a bit slow...when I'm dragging things around quickly it can take a second or two to "catch up".

Easy to use visualization tool

We needed a way to effectively communicate our product roadmaps internally. After using a number of internal and external tools, we landed on Roadmunk. The 'master roadmap' feature is critical for our teams as it allows us to aggregate component level roadmaps into broader product, product portfolio and company roadmaps. The tool also allows us to easily align roadmap initiatives with company and department OKRs for full visibility and tracking.

Pros

Very easy to start a new roadmap manually or by csv import. Once started, timeline visualizations can be created instantly and configured to view what your audiences deem important.

Cons

It would be nice to see team members activity as they make roadmap updates either via notifications or a history view.

Easy Roadmapping

This tool achieves the ability for my team to be able to quickly update and manage the roadmap and create different views to address questions and needs of our company and clients. I really love this tool and all the options I have.

Pros

I love the ability to create roadmaps and views on the fly. I can update the data easily and create new views that address the needs of my business and help the teams I work with visualize the roadmap in different lenses. It's easy to use and the new sub-topic option is perfect for the types of complex products and feature sets we manage.

Cons

The only thing, which I hope is addressed in a future release, is the ability to view the sub-topics on the timeline view of the roadmaps in sub-lines that are linked instead of the current hover option. When printing and/or sharing, we need the ability to show those items on the timeline view in detail as well.

Great Roadmapping tool that allows for flexibility for our complex organizational reporting

Great customer service, and they continue to make improvements. Researched other road-mapping tools this year and didn't find anything that quite met our needs the way they do.

Pros

The management of ideas and getting them on the roadmap is fairly easy. I am on a product that then combines to other roadmaps for a whole picture for management, so my updates auto combine to their views.

Cons

This is good for when I know features will be on the roadmap, but doesn't work as great for me to future plan or plan higher level then break down.

The best tool I've found to manage prioritization.

Pros

I am a PM who tons of internal clients and all of them believe their projects are the most important (naturally!). This has been a great way to show the sheer number of projects in flight and enable prioritization discussions.

Cons

It's not really the software's fault but due to strict security regulations in my industry we haven't been able to standup the Jira integrations like we wanted.

A robust roadmapping tool but takes time to get used to

I am still learning the tool but so far it has solved a lot of problems and made my life easier in day to day work.

Pros

So far my favorite feature is the option to have different views for the same roadmap. It's easy to manage your roadmap, make changes and share with other teams and basically anyone who has interest. It makes the roadmap very easy to view and understand, and in the process of creation prioritizing items becomes much easier because of the high-level view. I see an option to integrate Jira which seem extremely useful but I haven't got to it yet.

Cons

It takes time to get used to Roadmunk. The most annoying part is probably it taking time to process changes and sometimes canceling an action because it still didn't load your previous action. In short it is sometimes slow.

Pleasantly Surprised Every Time I Use Roadmunk

I am the sole user on our team, and the only one 'playing' with the product to get the most out of it. I don't have very much time, but when I am able to dedicate attention to entering our broad-ranging roadmapping wishlist items, I always walk away a little bit delighted and a little bit excited about what we'll be able to show. It does take strategy to make decisions about what fields to include, and that is the tough part to figure out. I scheduled office hours for a 1:1 coaching session, and it was incredibly helpful. The consultant 'got me' exactly. Just the right amt of info for that moment. Of course I'll have more.

Pros

Roadmunk strikes the right balance between allowing you to add custom fields your data and providing prompts and formats for you to include common fields for roadmapping. One example is the ability to toggle between setting dates and putting in buckets. Hand in hand with that is a UI and nomenclature that is on-target and mostly avoids introducing confusion. Care was obviously taken in this respect. I can also say that the sharing options (to HTML, etc.) are what absolutely seals the deal. Stakeholders can have access to the (constantly updated) product without forcing them to have accounts.

Cons

Sub-items are sluggish to add and move around. As someone who is a power user of Gannt charting programs, it's a little bit of a challenge to get used to the way sub-items work in Roadmunk. I would like to see the ability to configure views so that you can roll up all sub-items under a parent and treat the parent as the only thing that matters in that view. That said, I'm really glad the functionality is included, and I'm optimistic about the evolution. I also don't like how pale and small some of the UI elements are. I have some mild visual impairment, so the colors help a lot. I would like to see the ability to scale up or down the ratio of colored area to text size.

Roadmunk Rocks

Best customer support from any company I have ever encountered. Their overall Product Management culture is also exemplary. I use Roadmunk not only for their awesome product but as a benchmark every day for our client support and product teams!

Pros

Ability to use Roadmunk as feature prioritization tool (and getting better!) and then automatically create beautiful and functional visualizations from same Item list. Terrific for communal efforts and exec/customer presentations.

Cons

Lack of font support (without having to use markup language) for Item Descriptions... needs better formatting control. Lack of ability to “create JPG etc” of Item list. Need for presentations of product feature list. (CSV export not helpful for this, sorry!)

My two cents about my Roadmunk experience

Roadmunk is a tool that I use to give me an overview of several timelines or key dates that can impact other project. I also create specific visual for timelines and monitoring tasks for different type of projects.

Pros

What I like the most is the way that I can feature the work plan, phases on a timeline or on a swim lane by listing some items. It's also very nice to have the possibility to add sub-items, it makes everything so much clearer.

Cons

What I like the least about the software is when I need to change the features of my timeline or swim lane, I feel that the menu on the left is not that user friendly. Also, my work is full of diversity and even tho I can understand the bonus of not having always to replicate fields while starting a new roadmunk, in my position every map is built for a different project that has a different team, or tasks, so it becomes difficult to create and identify which field is for which roadmunk.

Best looking roadmaps in Sales and Board Meetings

The team is very responsive to requests, they're quick to help us get the most out of the tool, and I'm always happy to refer them!

Pros

The export options cover *all* my bases. We embed views of our roadmaps in our board decks, in sales playbooks, and share them during internal meetings. Having all the options they have makes it *super* easy to manage a single roadmap and share different views with different stakeholders.

Cons

I wish it were easier to collect more end-user feedback, as that would help us eliminate other tools in our software stack.

Roadmunk is excellent

Great company to do business with. very quick to support when needed.

Pros

Roadmunk is an easy to use collaboration tool. it makes it really easy to story map products and customer journeys with stakeholders and developers. using a user story map gives context to requirements in the wider product.

Cons

The integration with Jira can be a little tricky at times, but other than that its really great.

Product Roadmap

Pros

It is customizable and easy to use. We enjoy very much the exports options, like the URL export.

Cons

The date range is always changing. It could be better if we could setup the beginning and end date of all roadmaps by default. For example, the template should be the FY (april to march) and we must show 2 FY in every roadmap. But if a project started in 2015, when we change colors or filters the range gets back to 2015. Also, the reviewer plans should be more acessible.

Easy to use Roadmapping

Overall it's a very dynamic application and enthusiastic team which backs it. They are definitely making an impact in the start-up community. This has created a significant impact to our organization to support our Digital Transformation.

Pros

Roadmunk was very easy to setup and had a great starter set of templates. Support is very good and the team is very professional. They have been able to provide an answer to all inquiries. Overall, we have not found many bugs with the program. This creates very attractive boards for executive leaders

Cons

Limited in enterprise planning features and configurable layouts. Due to the design of the software, we cannot adjust the size of headers and items easily. There is no way to do detailed weight for prioritization and fields do not have configurable dependencies (i.e. if Yes, then allow a list of choices) or calculations between fields. User administration is limited and also does not display well on smartphones. Although dated - better functionality for printable copies of roadmaps is referred

Easiest decision to go with Roadmunk. Simply the best value for money!

Good quality UI/UX, simple yet very effective and powerful sharing methods and absolutely worth the investment of time and money!

Pros

Ease of Integration with existing JIRA boards Organization Theme and Color Scheme on Different Views VERY straightforward UI/UX for both users and admins

Cons

Need more features around customizing Gantt Charts for showing trend lines and swim-lanes.A Need some additional icons for milestones and tasks.

Expensive, but worth it if you're serious about roadmaps

Great, as a PO I'm on it every day. Amazing communication tool, helps me keep myplan together.

Pros

Great visualization features. Very easy to use. Ability to create multiple views. Ability to change display of data on the fly - I've done that several times during a meeting to answer questions from stakeholders.

Cons

Ability to document initiatives can be improved.

Great for stakeholder alignment

Pros

Helps teams visualize priorities and capacity which makes it easy for alignment and clarification. Very easy to learn as you go in terms of which view works best for your team. They seems to be trying to make small continuous improvements throughout the year which is nice.

Cons

Sometimes changes don't take which can be frustrating. A bit expensive so we have to limit how many people actually have an account. Wish there was a way to collect ideas from folks that don't have access but don't want to install a plugin.

Great piece of kit.

I trialled a number of roadmapping products before eventually selecting Roadmunk, most of the big names. I found that for my needs almost all of the competition were hellishly complicated - I didn't need the strategy/business case definition in there, I don't need a JIRA integration, and I'm not managing hundreds of roadmaps. I was able to very quickly get up and running with Roadmunk and in...

Pros

It's incredibly easy to use, and because it's a well thought out product, it is flexible enough to most or all of my roadmapping needs.

Cons

Can be difficult to use in presentations without a lot of work on the colouring.

Best roadmap software ever

Love Roadmunk and their software, they do a great job making it easier for everyone.

Pros

The user experience and onboarding is absolutely brilliant. This is simply the best planning software for small-to-medium technology companies.

Cons

No initial cons to discuss about Roadmunk. They are very receptive to feedback and their customer support is excellent.

Decent Visual Roadmapping Tool

We wanted a bird's eye view of big picture work and progress thereto. Roadmunk did the job, but at a cost. We ultimately moved away in favor of plug-ins to give us the functionality while retaining the visibility.

Pros

It's very flexible for iterative project management and has a good timeline visualization for a large scope perspective on complex initiatives.

Cons

It's a little pricey . To get the most out of it you need to bring more people into the fold, so the price goes up. But it's not a comprehensive tool for breaking down specific tasks. So if you're in a shop that drives work through Jira tickets, for example, but also need to use Roadmunk for mapping you're in a rough spot- either pay a bunch to have Roadmunk visible to everyone, or pay just enough to have it for product owners, in which case you lose the transparency. Ultimately, we decided to use Atlassian plug-ins to achieve the same goal.

Simplicity & Flexibility

Roadmunk is the easiest and most flexible tool for creating visually compelling roadmaps. I have used them with technical teams, business teams, and executives - each audience needs a slightly different view and Roadmunk makes it easy to tell your story across those audiences.

Pros

The flexibility - being able to pivot into different views without recreating the roadmap is a lifesaver. This allows you to speak to your audience's needs and get buy in. Also, the tool is easy to update and incorporate feedback. Another big plus is shareability - my stakeholders have a link to the roadmap in their inbox before the meeting is over thanks to Roadmunk.

Cons

I would love to see a stripped down mobile view that could be used to reference information on the fly.

Roadmunk is the ultimate way to organize and share your roadmaps

The ability to take my roadmaps out of Google Docs, OmniGraffle, or Sketch and turn them into something that I could maintain and share makes everyone happy, especially the teams making decisions based on the roadmap.

Pros

The flexibility! There are so many ways to configure your roadmaps and provide different views of the data for different stakeholders. The ability to combine Roadmunk with Jira has been very helpful for my team. The roadmaps just look great. I received a lot of help from the staff when asking questions and they even offered a training session.

Cons

While it does roadmaps very well, I would more comfortable with a lower price point and potentially different options for user levels. I've been stumped by the user interface a few times and have found that it is NOT infinitely flexible. I think it is deceptively restrictive - it looks like you can do anything, but you can only do a lot. Like many SaaS apps, the sales funnel was very automated and I received an abundance of emails.