All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Sideways 6

Idea management for Microsoft Teams, Yammer and Workplace.

visit website

Sideways 6 Reviews

Easy and effective

Pros

Great analytics and insight, love the chatbot functionality too

Cons

I think the continuous improvement of the platform keeps it updated and fresh and has dealt with anything that isn't already great.

Easy to use software with a great team backing it up

The software is good but the team behind it are great I've been working with the team for around two years now and nothing is too much trouble for them. They are all hard working, committed and willing to help at the drop of a hat.

Pros

The ability to stand up a campaign and then choose either "out of the box" or extremely high levels of customisation is a plus point. The opportunity to learn (with support) how to make complicated flows and chatbots and all of the different integrations methods are also plus points

Cons

If I really had to pick something, I'd say a desired feature would be for the Automations to be able to pick up on the fact we have more than one form integration on a single campaign

Good Idea Management platform

We are happy with the platform although there is room for improvement on user interface, panel reviews and additional features such as the possibility to have a campaign website

Pros

The configuration of a campaign is easy and straightforward. It is also quite easy to create and update an online form. The reporting functionality is very useful Have a lot of flexibility to create required fields for the campaign. The configuration of rules is also quite flexible.

Cons

It would be very useful a better way to export the ideas out of the platform having a connection between the idea and the supporting files associated, at the moment it is imposible to correlate when exporting to a spreadsheet. The panel review panel it is not very intuitive to score the ideas and we need to host a session to help experts to go idea by idea. The scoring criteria could be improved. The possibility to have a website to describe a challenge in the same way you can create the form so it is not necessary to have another portal with the description of the challenges. The possibility to have a Write API to enter idea through an external form or interface (different to workplace or Sideways6 form)

Excellent for Ideas capture and employee engagement

We are still developing our ideas system so we are not fully functional but we have had excellent service from the Sideways6 team.

Pros

The software is easy and intuitive to use but the biggest benefit of working with Sideways 6 is the experience and enthusiasm of their team and the community of other users of their software that you can join. We have learned a great deal from the S6 customer success team and from other users and this has directly benefited our own implementation

Cons

Sideways 6 integrates well with Workplace, email and our website. You do have to add an @tag to deal with the access controls in Workplace but this is not a major issue. We do not have all our staff e-enabled so for these staff we have found more traditional ways of capturing ideas worked best - but we then found the S6 pipeline system was good for tracking ideas and providing feedback to the idea initiator

Sideways 6 Review - Amey

I took up the role as Springboard manager in October 2020 and overall i think the experience has been really positive but also a learning experience. I didn't appreciate the number of internal resources/ engagement that was required but employees at Sideways6 have always been supportive and try and help as best as possible. The customer Manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is always available to help with internal processes and shared examples from other customers that has helped me in my role.

Pros

Sideways 6 enables a workforce of over 16,000 people feel engaged and valued to contribute to the future look of the business. Ideas submitted in a central system also enables business units and accounts to share best practice to maximise the benefits on a new idea.

Cons

An area of improvement for Sideways would be the review functionality - simple features such as adding a filter option that enables filtering of business unit or subject i.e. HR ideas would result in it being more user friendly.

Sideways 6 review

We use Sideways 6 for short targeted idea campaigns within the business. Overall experience has been good, especially the support provided by Customer Success Managers in learning and using the software and running campaigns.

Pros

Intuitive, clean interface. Good for data and analytics during idea campaigns. Useful functionality to allow filter and triage of ideas.

Cons

Some settings/options can be hidden behind settings that aren't obvious although this is always minor settings. Added functionality on integrations and more integrations would be useful (although these will come over time I understand).

Great team, great product

Pros

The way in which it easily display the core information to the leadership team. Streamlining decisions and empowering users to easily get their voice heard

Cons

There is not a lot not to like about the software, perhaps more analytics and tracking can be provided to user who submitted the idea would be beneficial, allowing them to see the traction and feel rewarded for their efforts

Thanks for your review - We're currently building out our analytics function to include even more insight, so stay tuned for that.

Excellent software

Pros

The ease of integrations to farm user feedback is fantastic, from an end user perspective they can use their existing feedback tools such as Yammer, as Sideways6 sits in the background. Analytics are solid, the product is always improving and the customer support is excellent.

Cons

The text analysis to determine user sentiment on comments can at times be slightly inaccurate, but that is a minor gripe.

A mixed bag

Generally good, account manager is very helpful. Sometimes the helpdesk/intercom just gives you links to articles - generally its if I can't find something that I contact the so its not very useful.

Pros

Some of it is very easy to use, others not so much. The intercom method of customer service is good and quick.

Cons

That there's not a clear process/sequence of activities to be set up a campaign - the user articles are helpful but are very stand alone.

Sideways6

Really positive. Our customer success team were brilliant.

Pros

Software very easy to use. Customer support is brilliant.

Cons

Nothing. Very user friendly and simple to use.

Really straightforward and intuitive to use. Provides the right level of functionality for my needs

A consise and intuitive way to present and share information, analyse data and manage workloads

Pros

How straightforward and interactive it is. The analytics features are also great and with the introduction of customisable fields, it really helps me to analyse my content.

Cons

Could do with some additional analytics features and a more ability to customise for specific users (as in different users can have their own 'profile' for view and feature settings)

Thanks for the review. We're working hard on improving all aspects of the Sideways 6 platform, including reporting. Watch this space :)

Having only used the platform for a few months (with no training) I can say it's very easy to use!

Reporting tools and the monitoring of campaigns is great.

Pros

The software is easy to use and as a complete novice I could find my way around the platform with little trouble. Navigating from different sections was simple enough and I like that you can filter down on options as well as downloading reports. The platform has a modern look and feel which makes it visually pleasing to use and that is a must for me. A word on Hugh, who has been supporting me on my usage. He is very helpful, knowledgeable and easy to talk to. Also, he doesn't make me feel silly when I am asking questions ' however easy they may be!

Cons

I havent come across anything as yet that I dont like. I believe that I am still scratching the surface with the software though and I still have a lot to learn!

We're really glad you're enjoying working with Sideways 6!

We did only a pilot and used it for 3 campaigns we organized.

Pros

Depth of analytics and ease of use. It was quickly set up. I also like the sentiment and wordcloud parts of the reporting.

Cons

on't like. Report downloading could be improved - made easier with visuals. More insight into the negative sentiment - i.e. what it actually means. 'Thank you' messages, when posted as posts, took a while to appear.

Thanks for your feedback - we're glad you've got value from Sideways 6. We're working hard on reporting this quarter so expect to see improvements there shortly.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

Ā© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.